Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Demon Lord

Chapter 2 (Rebeta Read)

by Dragen 10 reviews

Chapter 2 of Demon Lord... PLEASE reread and REVIEW, has this has been edited!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2010-08-31 - 4776 words

4Original
‘Thoughts,’

Chapter 2!

As Harry opened the window to allow the black owl in, it landed on Harry’s desk and he saw that it had a letter with Gringotts crest on it. ‘I wonder what they want?’ wondered Harry, as not once in his life did he ever get a letter from them and wondered why he got one now? Taking the letter from the owl, Harry asked the owl before he read the letter, “Do you want some water and some rest before you go back?” The owl hooted negative and flew out of the window.

Once Harry saw that the owl was out of sight, he opened the letter that Gringotts sent him.

Dear Lord Harry Potter,

First off we here at Gringotts regret to hear of the death of your Godfather Lord Sirius Black of The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black, we would like to send our sympathy to you for your lost. He was a great man; he was one of the few people that treated us with respect. But that being said, it is my sad duty to inform you of his Will Reading. It is dated to be read on the 16th of July at 3pm. But as the main beneficiary, I would like to ask you to come in at least an hour or so earlier. As there are some things that I would like to talk to you about, and there’s also some paper work that needs to be signed before the Will Reading.

In case you have problems with getting to us, this letter well active as a Portkey for you at noon of the 16th of July, so that you won’t need to worry about transport. So anytime after noon, say ‘Time is money’ and you’ll be transported to my office.

Lord Manager of the Halls of Gringotts,

Director Ragnok


After reading this, Harry was saddened of the reminder of Sirius’s death, but knew that Sirius wouldn’t want to mourn over him all the time. He knew that Sirius would want to live, prank and fuck as many girls as he could - all in all to have as much fun as possible. Thinking it like that, Harry vowed to himself that he would do this; he would have in the memory of Sirius. As he looked at calendar, he saw that the 16th was the next day. As he reread the letter once more, he had wondered why the Director called him Lord Harry Potter? As far as he knew, he didn’t think that his family had a Lord title - but then why would the Director of Gringotts call him so if he didn’t have one? He would have to ask him tomorrow.

As Harry was getting his best robes out for the next day, there was a blast of flames above Harry’s desk, to show Dumbledore’s phoenix; Fawkes, who had a letter tied to his lag. “Hi Fawkes,” Harry said to the phoenix, “What does the Headmaster want?” Harry asked taking the letter from Fawkes’ leg, “Does he want a reply?” Fawkes shook his head and flamed away.

Harry,

I hope this letter finds you well, I know that you don’t like it at the Dursleys. But as you know, whilst you’re within their home, you’re safe from Voldemort and his Death Eaters. However, I’m glad to inform you that unless something comes up, you’ll be able to move to Grimmauld Place on the 1st of August. I know that you might not want to return there, as it’ll remind you of Sirius. But with the wards already around the house with the extra ones that I’m putting up, it’s the safest place for you. I’m sorry that it’s not sooner, but the wards that I’m putting up are taking some time to put up.

Now the main reason that I’m writing to you, is that although I asked them not to - so that you could grieve for Sirius - you should have a letter from Gringotts, informing you of Sirius’s Will Reading which is tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. Now I know that you would like to go and hear it, however, I think it would be a bad idea. As I’m worried that whilst you’re at the bank, seeing that Voldemort is now out in the open, Death Eaters might try and attack to get to you. So please listen to an old mans advice and stay within the area of Privet Drive where you’ll be safe. Instead I’ll go in your place at the Will Reading and tell you what you got once you are safely at Grimmauld Place. I know you might not be happy with this idea, but I’m only thinking of your safety.

I hope you are well, Albus Dumbledore,

Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.


After reading the letter a few times, Harry was at first mad that the Headmaster was telling him to stay at Privet Drive and he’ll sort out things at Sirius’s Will Reading. What right did the Headmaster had to tell what he can and cannot do during the summer holidays, even if he was the Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot - unless he broke the law, he had no right to tell him what to do. It was HIS right to be there, and Dumbledore was saying that he couldn’t go. But then he realized that Dumbledore was right, Death Eater could attack Diagon Alley if they found out that he was there to try and get him. Although he no longer fully trusted Dumbledore, Harry still respected him for what he had done for the Wizarding World and so believed that he knew what he was doing. However, he was worried that Dumbledore wouldn’t tell him everything about what Sirius has given him; sure he would tell him some of the things that he got. But he wouldn’t put it past the Headmaster to hide some of it until later, most likely when it could be too late for it to be any use to him. So after thinking about it, Harry decided that the risk was worth it and he would go to the Will Reading. If nothing else apart for listening to the Will Reading, he would be able to get some money so that he could get some new clothes that fit him, as he had enough of hand me down clothes of Dudley’s.

For the rest of day, Harry stayed in his room to re-read his books from the last five years; he only left the room to get some food when the Dursleys were out - most likely to the hospital. As he knew that it was about time that he got more serious about his studies and stop pretending to be someone he wasn’t. He had been hiding how smart he was all these years out of fear what the Dursleys, Ron and other people would react. The Dursleys as he knew that they would beat him if he had done better then Dudley, he was afraid that Ron out of jealousy wouldn’t want to be his friend anymore, and the rest as they would expect things that he might not be able to do. But now, he knew that he has to put this fear behind him, and train hard, as luck might not be with him the next time he faces Voldemort.

0o0o0o0

Harry woke up early the next day, so he could make sure he didn’t forget anything before his meeting with Director Ragnok that afternoon. As he went downstairs to get some food, he saw that Vernon and Petunia in the kitchen drinking coffee - Harry saw that Vernon had a cast on the wriest that he broke. Harry also saw that Vernon and Petunia looked fearfully at him, at this Harry smiled as he made some breakfast for himself. He could see that Vernon and Petunia wanted to say something, but they wisely said nothing. Once he had his breakfast, he went back to his room and waited for noon. As he had planned to see the Director then so he could ask about how he was a Lord, and he wanted to do some shopping before the Will reading. So when it was ten past twelve, Harry made sure that he didn’t forget anything, when he took the letter from Director Ragnok and said “Time is money,” and with that, he felt the familiar pull and he was gone.

When the Portkey got to where it meant to, like all the other times that Harry used a Portkey, he landed on his face. ‘Oh I hate Portkeys,’ Harry thought darkly, as he got up off the floor and straighten his clothes up, ‘I just wished that I could land on my feet one time.’ Once he straightened his clothes up, he looked round his surroundings and saw that he was in a stone walled office, with all kinds swords and axes displayed around one wall and another wall had head of magical creatures. Harry also saw a stone desk and seating behind it was one of the oldest looking Goblin that Harry saw, looking at him. “Greetings Lord Potter, as anyone told you that you should walk when you’re travelling by Portkey, and keep on walking until you get where you meant to be?”

“Director Ragnok,” asked Harry, in which the Goblin gave a nod, “No one had told me that, I wished that they had, as it would have been helpful.”

“I’m sorry to hear that Lord Potter,” apologized Director Ragnok, “Now if you would like to have a seat, has we have a few things that needs to be sorted.”

“Director Ragnok?” asked Harry, “Why is it you’re calling me Lord Potter? I didn’t know we family had a title.”

“That’s one of the things that we need to talk about Lord Potter,” said the Director, “Along with some paper that Sirius left to be sorted out.”

“Could we please sort out me being Lord Potter?” asked Harry.

“Of course Lord Potter,” said Director Ragnok, “The Potters have always had been a Lord since the time of King Arthur, when King Arthur knighted Albus Potter for saving his life from a dragon.”

Harry was shocked to hear this; he suspected that that the Potters were an old family, but he never thought that one had saved King Arthur. “Although legally, you’re not really Lord Potter just yet there are steps that must be taken.”

“What do you mean Director?” asked Harry.

“You see until your parents Will is read, you’re not yet Lord Potter,” said the Director, “We do so out of respect of your family who with the Blacks and a few others, treated us with respect.”

“Then why hasn’t my parents Will been read yet?” Harry asked with a hint of anger. He felt that something was going on for his parents Will not to be read yet, and whatever it was Harry had feeling about it.

“This is one of the reasons why I’ve asked you to come early today,” said Director Ragnok, “You see your parents Will had been sealed the day after they were killed, and couldn’t be undone until you became of age.”

“WHAT,” Harry shouted angrily, “Who sealed it and why?”

As Harry shouted, things started to shake and the weapons and the heads from the wall looked like they were about to come lose. “Please Lord Potter calm down and let me explain,” said Director Ragnok calmly, although inside he was fearful. He had never felt a human, goblin, elf or demon with so much power. You see the weapon and the heads on the wall were charmed to stop this kind of thing, as some people that he had dealt with before. Sometime his clients got mad for whatever reason, and so there magic had gone wild with angry and things his office gets destroyed - so he charmed his office to stop this. But for the young Lord to do this, he must be more powerful then anyone thought. But then he thought he recognized the feeling of the magic the young Lord was using, ‘No it’s impossible, Lord Potter couldn’t be him, could he?’ Director Ragnok thought fearfully, ‘But if he is, no I can’t think of this right now. I just hope he isn’t too powerful just yet.’ Then out load he said “Lord Potter your parent’s Will was sealed by the Chief Warlock Dumbledore. His reasoning was that he didn’t want you to worry about such things until you were of age, as you would have to deal with being famous and with things that came with it. So within his power as Chief Warlock, he sealed the Will. But if you sign the emancipate papers, the Will can be read.” Director Ragnok was happy to see that the young Lord seemed to get the news better then he thought.

Harry was shocked and angry at Dumbledore, he was shocked that the Headmaster had sealed his parents Will. But at the same time, he could partly understand why he did it for. As Director Ragnok told him, Dumbledore didn’t want him to worry or deal with the Will, along with dealing with being famous at the same time. So it made sense to wait until he was of age until it was read. But he was also angry at Dumbledore, as he said that he wouldn’t hide anything else from him, but yet here he was and found out that Dumbledore had hid the fact that his parents had a Will and he had sealed it. “So Director what can we do about this?” Harry asked calmly, after he thought about it for a few minutes. “I don’t think you would have told me all this unless you had a way around, and I suspect that it got to do with my Godfather’s Will.”

“You’re right Lord Potter I do have a way around it and it deals with your Godfather’s Will,” Director Ragnok said with a smile, which was frightening to see. “Now as you know from the letter, you are named as the main beneficiary of your Godfather’s Will. But what you don’t know is that he also named you as his heir for the Black Family, as he didn’t have a son to press it on to. Now normally this couldn’t happen, as you’re not a Black by birth, however, since your grandfather Charlus Potter married Dorea Black, the old Pureblood laws allow this. So this means that after signing a few forms, which is why I asked you to come in early for. One of the forms well make you an emancipated minor and so a legal adult in the Wizarding World - but sadly not in the Muggle World. But either way, you’ll be Lord Black and you’ll be able to read your parents Will.”

Harry was shocked to hear that Sirius had named him as his heir; he was even more shocked that this was possible as his grandfather had married Dorea Black. Harry smiled at the thought that once he signed one or two forms, he would be emancipated and so the new Lord Black. His smile became almost evil when he realized that once he signed the paper work, he would be able to do magic at his Hellhole, and not worry about getting into trouble for it. Also when he signed these papers, he would also be able to read his parent’s Will and find out what Dumbledore had been trying to hide. So with a smile Harry asked, “So where do I sign Director?”

“Not yet Lord Potter,” said Director Ragnok, “There’s one thing we need to do before hand,”

“And that is Director?” asked Harry.

Pushing some papers toward Harry, the Director said “Those papers are Adoption Papers. The late Lord Black wanted to adopt you before his death, as he found out that he wasn’t able to have children. So he wanted you to carry on his line if anything should happen to him.”

Harry was shocked to hear that Sirius wanted to adopt him, although he knew Sirius only two years, he was like a father figure to him. So he would have loved that Sirius could have adopted him, he would have finally be part of a loving family. “Is there anything else that has to be done apart for signing these papers?” asked Harry.

“Yes there is Lord Potter,” said Director Ragnok, “After you sign the papers, there’s a small ritual where I’ll mix some of the late Lord Black’s blood that he left with me just encase something happened to him, with some of your blood.”

So with a smile Harry signed the papers in front of him, and then Director Ragnok brought a small mettle bowl - which had some runes on - onto the table from his drew. Then the same drew, he also brought out a small glass vile which had red liquid in - which Harry guessed was Sirius’s blood - and poured into the bowl. Then taking a knife that also had rune on drew, Director Ragnok said “Now can I have your hand so I can make a cut so I get some of your blood,” which Harry did. Once Harry’s blood was in the brow, Director Ragnok started to chant in Gobbledegook. As Director Ragnok was chanting in Gobbledegook, the bowl started to glow and after a few minutes of this, red mist began to rise from the bowl. As the mist rose from the bowl it went towards Harry and engulfed him, as it did Director Ragnok chanted for a few more minutes before he stopped. As Director Ragnok stopped chanting, the red mist around Harry disappeared and the paper on Director Ragnok’s desk glowed golden, after this Director Ragnok said “Congratulations Lord Potter, you’re now Harry James Potter-Black,” then the Director pushed some more papers towards Harry and said, “These are the Emancipation Forms that you need to sign, so I can read your parents Will. Just sign where I marked with a cross,” and with that Harry spent a few minutes signing the papers.

Once Harry was done signing the papers, he smiled at the thought at how Dumbledore would react when he learned what happened just now. As Harry signed the last Emancipation Forms, he pressed the forms back to Director Ragnok and said, “So Director Ragnok, can I read my parents Will now, as I would like to see what Dumbledore had hidden from me?”

“Of course Lord Potter,” said Director Ragnok, and he handed Harry the Potters Will, which Harry saw had the Wizengamot Seal on it, “Now Lord Potter, if you could break the seal for me, so I can read it for you. You see I can’t break it as it has to be done by the person who sealed it, or someone from the family to break the seal,” Director Ragnok added as he saw Harry was about to say something and guessed what it was about.

Harry took his parents Will and broke the Wizengamot Seal, and handed the Will back to Director Ragnok to inspect. As the Director was checking the Will, Harry wondered what Dumbledore had hidden from him apart from what he knew of.

It was a few minutes before Director Ragnok said anything, “This is a basic Will Lord Potter, everything is left to you apart for following people: Mr. Remus Lupin, he was left with some of James Potter’s clothes, as they didn’t wanted to see Mr. Lupin in the clothes that he had. He also was left two and a half million galleons, with a not saying that he couldn’t gave it back to you in anyway, and lastly he was left with a house in Scotland. Next person is Mr. Peter Pettigrew; he was left with two and a half million galleons and a home in New Zealand. However seeing he had become a Death Eater and betrayed your parents to Lord Voldemort, you get his share. Next is Lord Sirius Black, now like the other two, he was meant to get two and a half million galleons and a home in Australia. He was also meant to get the books that James and he wrote on pranks, so that he could teach you to be a prankster. But you get his share because of his death. Next is Lord Frank and Lady Alice Longbottom, they were meant to get three million galleons and a home in Ireland, but seeing what happened to them, their son Neville get their share. Lastly before we get you Lord Potter is a donation of two million to Hogwarts and a million to the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. The rest goes to you Lord Potter, to my records you have four vaults; to my records the first vault your Trust Vault, the second vault is the Family Vault and it has got about forty million galleons within it. The third vault has got the family gems, jewels, deeds to your homes naming a few of the things in there. And your last vault we do not know, as your mother set one up, but allowed no one in and we have been unable to enter as well. She said that only you can enter it when you came of age. And lastly you’ve got a seat and a vote on Wizengamot, as the Potters were a Noble and Most Ancient House and in the old laws allow them a seat., I could give a short list of thing that you got now, or if you want to know what you fully got, I could get an audit done to see what you’ve got, and how your votes in Wizengamot were used - but it would be a week before it’ll be finished.”

Harry was shocked at how much he now had, he knew that the Potters were rich, but not this rich. And this was without what Sirius had left him, which he didn’t know yet. Now after thinking what he should do next, he decided that it would be best to have a full audit of what he got and how his vote were used, so he knew what he had and how his votes were used and work from there. “I would like a full audit Director Ragnok, as it would help me decide what to do next,” said Harry, “Now if there isn’t anything else, I would like to go to my vaults, as I would like to get some money and do some shopping before my Godfather’s Will Reading.”

“Well I would like to warn you Lord Potter,” said Director Ragnok “That there’s a rumour that the Potters had a Marriage Contract with the Greengrass’, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I’ll look into it for you Lord Potter. And as for you going to your vaults,” here the Director pushed a few buttons on his disk, and a few moments later a Goblin entered the office. “Kabn, I want you to lead Lord Potter to his vaults please,” then looking at Harry he said, “If there is anything else, I’ll leave you with Kabn and I’ll see you later.” So with that Harry got up and bid Director Ragnok goodbye, and followed Kabn out of the office.

0o0o0o0

Once Lord Potter had left his office, Director Ragnok seat back in his chair and let out a sigh of relief. As when Lord Potter entered his office by Portkey, he could sense that something had changed in Lord Potter since he was last in his bank. It only took a few moments before he realized what it was, somehow the young Lord had became a demon, or somehow got some demon blood into him. Either that or he already had some demon blood in and it had awakened somehow. Ragnok had dealt with demons and Wizarding Families that had demon blood in them to know one on sight, and was able to hide his shook. But somehow Lord Potter was different somehow, the Demon Magic was much stronger, older then anything he ever felt before.

It wasn’t until he told Lord Potter that his parents being sealed, that he realized what Lord Potter was. As when the weapons and the magical creatures head’s started to shake so bad, that if he didn’t calm down would come lose. Director Ragnok had warded his office from the strongest of humans, goblins, elves and demons just encase something happened to make them mad. So when he felt the young Lord’s demonic powers almost at full power, he wanted nothing more for the young Lord to leave the room. It was here that he had realized what was different about the young Lord, somehow Lord Potter had somehow became the Demon Lord.

Ragnok knew at once that he was in trouble, at the moment he could feel that the young Lord was at the early stage of becoming of the new Demon Lord and his powers were weak at the moment. But he knew it was only matter of time before he would get stronger. He knew that when that happens, he wouldn’t want to be on the wrong side of the Demon Lord’s bad side - so he started to plan. Pushing some more buttons on his desk, another Goblin entered his office.

“You wanted to see me Director,” said the Goblin.

“Yes Kaman I do, I want you to look over the Potter’s files for me,” began Director Ragnok, “I want you to see if you can find anything untoward in the files. It is imperative that Lolamak or Griphook do not discover that you are doing it. If you get the chance, but don’t put yourself at risk, I also want you to take a look at their private records also. I want to know everything that has been happening concerning this account; every last Knut must be accounted for. Do you understand?”

“Yes Sir, I understand,” said Kaman, “May I ask why Director? You seem very worried about this.”

“I’ve got a good reason to be worried my old friend,” said Director Ragnok, “It seems that Lord Potter has somehow became the new Demon Lord,” Ragnok saw the shock and fear in Kaman’s face when he heard this, “That’s right my friend. That’s why I want to check over the Potter’s files, as I don’t want the Demon Lord to have any reason to be mad at us because one of our own done something against him.”

“I understand Sir,” said Kaman, and he was about to leave, when Director Ragnok said “One last thing, please warn our people not to make the young Lord mad, don’t tell them why though.”

“Yes Sir, I understand,” said Kaman before quickly leaving the office, closing the door behind him.

After Kaman had left, Ragnok leaned back heavily in his chair and hoped that nothing was wrong with the Potter’s files, as he feared of the outcome would be if there was. It could mean the end of his race as he knew it, as he knew the legends of the Demon Lord and what they were able to do. He just hopes that this doesn’t come to the worse, if they were, he just hope that he could deal with it before the Demon Lord finds out about it.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Authors Note: This is the end of chapter 2 of the Demon Lord, I hope that you enjoyed the story. If you did, please take a few more moments to review, as I would like to hear what you think of the story and any ideas that you would like to see happen in the story.
Sign up to rate and review this story