Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Love Has No Age

Promise

by Easysurfing 9 reviews

Gabrielle meets the Ministry man and Luna shows how smart she really is.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Erotica - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Luna - Published: 2009-02-06 - Updated: 2009-02-06 - 9511 words

5Insightful
Chapter 55:- Promise

A/N: Malehorntaildragon, you have been going a long time now and thanks for the work you continually put in. GML I know that you have started your own fic http://www.ficwad.com/story/116579 but thanks for still helping me on mine. Without your efforts it would be quiet the same.



**

It was no surprise to those who knew her that Hermione found their first piece of information, but to Susan it was a shock because someone had beaten her, which had never happened before. She had known the exact book to look in and even the right section but somehow Hermione had latched on to something and had already found it before she had even opened her book. She quickly found the section that she was after before she looked up with a newfound respect for the Gryffindor clear on her face.

“I thought as much, I remember reading this before I started.” Smugly said Hermione.

“What?” asked Ron who was only just now getting comfortable.

“The School Rule’s.”

“Rule’s, I thought Dumbledore told us them at the start.”

“Not all of them Ronald there are far too many. Look here....” replied Hermione indicating a passage. “She is going to get expelled. It is very clear; an unprovoked attack on a student or teacher may result in instant expulsion form the school.”

“But it wasn’t unprovoked!” voiced Harry.

“That’s what we have to prove.” replied Hermione sternly sitting back in her chair at looking at the rest, surprisingly to her Gabrielle still looked very downcast and this news.

“I don't think that’s everything.” said Susan before anybody could say anything else.

“What do you mean?” instantly questioned Hermione sure she had seen Dumbledore’s hint.

“That’s just for school; I think the Ministry is going to be looking into something far more...serious.”

“Serious?”

“Yes a dangerous Veela lose in the school.”

“What?”

“Veela’s are Class Three magical creatures and so are not entitled to be at any place of learning or employment unless they are with their owner. Failure to abide with this would result in either dismissal or removal from establishment of said creature. If harm or damage has been done upon the property then Creature or owner is responsible for reparation if said creature cannot pay than servitude may be used instead.”

“But...but....” stammered Hermione slightly lost for a moment.

“It’s gets worse.”

“Worse!” asked Harry in a rather loud voice startling Madman Pince.

“Yes...I haven’t found the relevant book yet...Hermione could you give me a hand.”

Hermione immediately crossed to Susan and so did Luna, after a brief word they split up and started to look along the shelves obviously looking for the right book.

“This is awful Harry.” Said Ginny staring at the two open books in front of her.

“I know.”

“Harry.” Voiced Gabrielle in a very quiet voice.

“Yea?” He replied tuning to face her. His heart melted at the sight of her.

“I’m scared.”

Harry pulled her close but held her lightly against him.

“It’s alright everything will be fine. Ron, Hermione and I we’ve been in loads of trouble before, Dumbledore has always gotten us out of it.”

“I don't think that will happen with me.”

“Why?”

But Gabrielle didn't respond, she just held onto Harry and refused to voice her thoughts, No Dumbledore wasn’t going to help them, he had given them this hint but that was all, he wanted her out of the way and this was perfect. Gabrielle felt a tear start to form and for once her magic let it run, it traced a path down her cheek and softly fell into her lap.

“Hey don't cry, I promise everything will turn out alright, you’ll see Gabrielle.” Whispered Harry as he wiped the trial away with his thumb.

No more tears fell but Gabrielle just held onto Harry and waited expecting that the news was going to get worse.

It didn’t take the three girls long to find the books they were after and soon they were bent open a set of pages discussing something. Harry watched Hermione get more and more frustrated at something Susan was saying, he felt a slight urge to go to them to help sort it out but Gabrielle still clung to him and even the normally cheerful Ginny was looking depressed.

“That’s inhuman!” they heard Hermione hiss but Susan just kept arguing with her.

Eventually the discussion stopped and the three girls moved back to the table, Gabrielle slowly released Harry and sat squarely in her chair. Seeing the obvious discussion of the three she knew what was about to be told of things she already knew. Before all of this started she had looked into English law, surprisingly she could find much but what she did frightened her, she had this sudden feeling that what she already knew was just the tip of the iceberg.

Harry waited for a moment before he asked.

“What have you found?”

He watched as Susan opened her mouth but couldn’t say anything as Hermione immediately jumped in.

“It’s wrong, totally wrong that’s the problem. The Ministry these laws it’s just...completely barbaric!”

“Hermione calm down and tell us.”

“It’s all to do with Dangerous Creatures. Veela are class three restricted creatures and as Susan said they are restricted from any place of learning or employment unless they are with their owner. Failure to abide with this would result in either dismissal or removal from establishment and reparation etc, etc. That is just the start there is a second piece of legislation that states, if any un-owned Class Three Dangerous Creature is found in any location deemed in the National Security or interest it may be detained or imprisoned for an indefinite time.”

“Oh...” Replied Harry.

Hermione waited a moment before she continued.

“Lastly if any Class Three creature causes harm or injury to any wizard or witch they will be subject to an official investigation and if found guilty may be imprisoned for a length determined by the Wizengamot, or be summarily executed

“Executed!” stormed Harry.

Susan made a hushing motion with her hands before she replied.

“Only if it was a very serious attack. The main problem is that Gabrielle’s a Veela. For a normal class three creature committed of a lesser attack all that would be need is some form of reparation.”

“What’s different about Veela?” asked Ron.

Hermione looked at Ron and saw that he really didn't know the answer. Sometimes his lack of knowledge upset her but for once, his very sheltered upbringing pleased her. Unfortunately, she was now going to have to tell him another hidden ugly truth of wizarding life, but before she could speak, another voice broke in.

“We are sought after.” Replied Gabrielle quietly looking down.

Ron still looked confused and Hermione knew that she was going to have to say more. She looked at everyone and saw the Susan knew the truth and by the look of it so did Ginny buy the way she was trying to hide her face, yet Luna just looked like...Luna. Lastly she focused on Harry, she suspected that he had a little idea of the truth and the full force of it was about to come out.

Before Hermione could say anything Gabrielle continued.

“Many great houses want Veela. They are prized possessions for them; they are used as escorts and hostesses. Sometimes they are called governesses or such like but really they are sexual beings for the master of the house to play with as he wishes.”

“Wh...wh...wh....” stammered Ron as his mind turned this over. He vividly remembered when he first saw and learnt about Nifflers and their ability to find gold. It was like a little kid’s dream owning such a creature would be wonderful but now he just learnt of something just as good for adults, creatures purely there for the sexual pleasure of their master. His teenaged mind didn't see the consequences just the possibilities.

“Mum used to threaten me with stories like that. She speaks of scarlet women but in the beginning, she said Veela. It’s not Veela she hates but what they do and what some women do to emulate them. She sees those types of women as using their bodies and looks to get what they want. She used to go on for what seemed like hours about what happens to those people. So much so that it used to frighten me....”

But she didn't finish, this was one of the main holdups in her relationship with Harry. Her mother and drummed into her about being such a woman, one who uses her body to get what they want that anytime it came close with Harry the voice just kept ringing. After meeting Gabrielle she knew some of what her mother had been say was untrue, Veela may have been what first started it but it was not their choice. May women used their body to force men in giving them what they want, but Veela were not like that they were just used and abused because of their looks and their nature, yet another creature subjugated by wizards.

Harry looked closely at Ginny and saw the conflict in her eyes. He had seen that conflict before, many a time when they were together and getting close to being intimate. Molly’s teaching seemed to ingrain everything Ginny did especially when it was to do with men. He supposed that it might have something to do with bringing up six boy’s or was there something else there. A small nagging feeling started to form in the back of his head. Molly would be even more distressed to hear all about this problem with a ‘Veela’, that and what he had already done for and with Ginny, the school uniform etc. might make Christmas uncomfortable at the least and the worst didn't bear thinking about.

He reached out a stroked Ginny hand under the table and felt her shudder; it seemed that she was having similar feelings too. If they got through this problem, it would only be a short amount of time before the next started and this one was going to involve all the Weasley’s and him.

Hermione waited to see if Gabrielle would continue but it seemed that she had stopped so she took over.

“So Veela are looked at as sexual toys for the rich, if one came available like this the Ministry would automatically ‘own’ the Veela. It would allow them to sell or give her away for money or just influence with the powerful.”

“So what you are saying is that if they prove Gabrielle is a Veela, then she’ll either be executed or forced into slavery by the Ministry to some wizard?”

Once again Hermione broke in before Susan could. “Put like that Harry yes, I don't think execution would happen. This is an old law but The Ministry would never execute someone like Gabrielle, that’s very extreme, even for them she clearly doesn’t look like a monster or even done anything really bad so people would never clamber for it. The best we could hope for is if the Ministry takes possession and deports her to France, but with her being, a Veela that is very slim as some man or other would buy her instantly they heard about it. We must consider all of this because I’m sure they will have but that’s not our goal if we prove that she is a witch none of this is there! The Headmaster has given us time we must see what we can do with it.”

“So where do we start?” asked Harry in a sober voice.

“I think we need to tackle two problems. Like Susan said first that Gabrielle is a witch, if we prove that then all of this other nastiness goes away. Once we can do that all we have to do is prove that it was provoked and everything will be fine.”

Everyone looked at each other but now they all had a plan, Gabrielle felt a little gloomy over it but it was her best chance of staying with Harry. Soon she was going through everything she could remember about the characteristics of Veela, inside she was still upset knowing that for many of the traits she was mentioning she did indeed have, but she never the less helped them compile a list. Eventually they had a list, not a long one but a list and they set to work on it, books, diagrams and reports were being pulled from the shelves to help solve everything and a small glimmer of hope started to form within them all.

**

Eventually they all returned to their lessons but it was clear to their Professors that each of them had something on their minds because rarely had they been seen less occupied with schoolwork. It was decided that until they had answered all of the questions upon the list they would meet in the library to study together. And so the first evening they found themselves once more around one of the tables, Susan and Hermione leading the research and using Harry’s special access to the restricted section to good effect.

Book after book were piled up and everyone dug in. Occasionally someone would stop the group and read something out that they had found. Inevitably, Susan or Hermione would write down what was found and they moved on. Throughout all of this Harry sat between Ginny and Gabrielle, he felt that he should be sitting with Ginny for this but inside he knew that Gabrielle needed support and his presence seemed to be what she responded to the most.

At the end of this first evening they all felt buoyed at finding so many different cases of mistaken identity that they felt it would be easier than they thought to prove that Gabrielle wasn’t a magical creature. With cheery smiles then the Gryffindor’s bade the other two girls good night and left for the long walk back to the common room.

Susan watched the group leave lightly chatting to each other. She saw that Gabrielle still looked the most distressed but she had sensed that the young girl was coming round to the fact that they would win. Susan herself wasn’t as completely sure, these laws were old but Dumbledore would help. She looked down at the dusty volume in front of her for the final time before she closed the book. She was now helping Harry and inside it felt so good so no matter what happened she would continue to do her best.

As she returned her book to the shelves she saw that Luna was still reading, slightly smiling to herself she approached her. Luna had surprised her a little in her attitude, she knew that the strange girl was smart but she seemed so different to herself or even Hermione. It was though Luna was afraid of books. At least Luna seemed to be, every so often Susan thought she saw a little gleam of longing in Luna’s eyes when a new book was put in front of her but every time she had seen this Luna almost push the book away from herself and hardly even opened it to read.

“Come on Luna that’s enough for tonight.” She gently reminded her friend.

“Oh sorry I didn't notice; the others already gone?”

“Yes a few moments ago.”

“Ok then.” answered Luna as she returned back to the book.

Susan watched Luna for a few moments more before she nudged her again.

“It’s time for bed Loony.”

The blond girls face lit up when Susan said that word.

“Oh good yours or mine?” replied Luna at once.

“Ah...um....” stammered Susan. The sudden brutality of Luna statement hit her, they had kissed and done a few things but she had never thought about that.

“Don't worry Susan I understand.”

“No Luna it’s just...”

Luna closed her book and stood up, Susan looked at her to see if there was signs of hurt but Luna looked the same. Nothing more was said and so in silence the pair walked out of the library. They walked the corridors until it came time to part, Susan was a bit unsure what she should do, just turning and walking off felt so wrong but what else was there?

As the pair stood there Luna looked at her friend over, her mind had been working on the problems of Gabrielle but always came back to something completely different. She had spent so much time already looking at the books she just didn’t see what all of the fuss was about. She helped them but her heart wasn’t in it, as she had sat with the group she had felt the bond of friendship that they all seemed to share. She flicked through each book with fingers that ached to study more but she restrained herself. They thought of her as a friend, a weird friend but one never the less. If she started to devour books it might drive them away.

But that wasn’t everything that she was feeling, she was sure they were doing the wrong thing. Somehow Hermione was driving them to prove that Gabrielle wasn’t a Veela but to her Hermione was doing something more.

“What we’re doing is wrong.” She started.

“Wh...What, why?” answered Susan.

“It’s wrong plain and simple, well not wrong just not right.”

“But I thought you liked it, it was your idea.”

“Not about us silly, what we’re doing for Gabrielle.”

“Gabrielle? How can you be....” but Susan stopped as she saw Luna about to reply, something inside her was also feeling the same.

“Why should we prove that she isn’t a Veela?”

“I told you remember, if we don’t she will get taken away. She’s helped Harry, us, everyone, we can’t let that happen.”

“I know you told me, I remember it. No we are researching the wrong thing.”

Susan thought for a moment but could not understand what Luna was getting at, she turned and faced Luna full on and asked her to explain.

“It’s simple, Gabrielle wants to be with Harry, and he wants her as well. Let her become a Veela and then Harry could simply buy her.”

“But...but....” started to stammer Susan. Luna words started her thought process it wasn’t long before she saw that Luna was right. Such a simple scheme would solve every problem, Harry being an Adult would allow any final hurdle to be crossed. It might seem nasty to some but for Gabrielle it would be perfect.

With a smile of pure joy she flung her arms around Luna and kissed her on the lips. It wasn’t a passionate kiss it was brief but didn't lack any of the intensity of any of their previously shared kisses.

“Brilliant Luna all we have to do is convince Gabrielle and Harry.”

Luna quickly gave Susan another kiss before she replied.

“That should be too hard as long as he doesn’t turn silly again!”

**

Gabrielle had expected the summons to come, she didn't know why but for some reason she knew that it was going to be today. Everything that they had read pointed towards her getting off but deep down she wasn’t sure. She didn’t know whether it was her pessimistic side or something deeper. She was beginning to sense more about the group the girls around her and it was this that was telling her that it was today.

At breakfast Luna had bounded up to her and the rest of them asking to meet with Harry this evening in the Room of Requirements. Harry immediately jumped to her defence telling Luna that they would be better off they all continued to study but Luna had insisted and when Susan passed them she had joined in telling them that they had found something. She had looked at the two girls closely and something about them told her that they indeed have something but she wasn’t sure it was what they were all looking for, so with a slightly lighter heart she had gone to her lessons.

Nothing out of the ordinary had happened all morning. She was beginning to get used to the mutterings from the Slytherins that she passed and almost ignored them it was the emotions that was drifting off of them which was getting harder. Her sudden close contact had done wonders for her control but the fresh flow of emotions from those bitter students still hurt. She sat at lunch beside Harry as normal and more than once she felt his magic or even his hand brush against hers allowing her to draw strength. It was as the gong was approaching to announce the afternoon lessons that they all spotted a new arrival. He was escorted into the great hall and up to Dumbledore before the still remaining students spotted him but Harry and the rest had seen him as soon as he walked in.

Each one of them knew that there would soon be a man from the Ministry and it looked like the time had come. As the booming gong sounded they all got to their feet. Gabrielle stayed close to Harry as he walked out of the Hall, just before she turned off to leave for her lesson he stopped her.

“You ok?” he asked in a quiet voice.

Gabrielle took her time before reply.

“Yes, it’s just....”

“It’ll be alright, everything will be ok and then it will be Christmas.”

Theses sudden words from Harry touched her deeply, without warning she flung her arm around him and hugged him as hard as she had that night. Her magic danced and flowed intertwining with Harry’s, she blocked some of the flow of emotions knowing that it might overwhelm her but she need this comfort. Slowly she withdrew and looked at Harry with thanks shining in her eyes. She briefly nodded at him before she turned and almost fled to her next class.

***

Gabrielle joined everybody for the evening meal and still no summons had arrived. She sat down with the rest but they were all silent. She glanced at the Teachers table and saw that the visitor from Lunch was sitting next to Dumbledore. She quickly adverted her eyes as he looked in her direction. She was now sure that it would not be long before she was called to meet him. Harry and the rest tried to talk but it seemed that everyone didn't really want to say anything. Gabrielle picked at her food as thought it was her last meal, she knew that she was being silly but it was how she felt.

She was still looking at her desert when Luna and Susan arrived, they too said little and just seated themselves. Ron and Hermione had already excused themselves because of Prefect Duties. Eventually she heard the footsteps she had been dreading, as the approached she slowly turned and faced her Head of House. She was able to read the multitude emotions in that stern face but it didn’t comfort Gabrielle one bit.

“Miss Delacour, if you have finished the Headmaster and... a guest need to speak to you.”

Gabrielle nodded and put her spoon down. She got to her feet as so did the rest, she felt a swell of happiness at the support that the others were showing but she didn't know how much help that they could be.

“It’s only Miss Delacoure that they need to see, not everyone.” McGonagall said to the others.

“But we are her friends.”

“No matter it is just her.”

“But...but...” stammered Ginny.

Gabrielle suddenly felt very alone and flashed her eyes towards Harry. She saw him gaze at her before he turned towards the Professor.

“Couldn’t we come to at least the Headmasters office?”

McGonagall would have instantly dismissed this but the way everyone was acting touch something deep within her.

“Oh...very well, but only to the door.”

Gabrielle felt a tinge of relief but understood in the end she would be alone. As a silent group McGonagall lead them towards the Headmasters office, Harry walked next to her the whole way and she drew all the comfort she could from that to quell her racing emotions.

As the gargoyles sprang aside she felt Harry quickly squeeze her hand. She so happy at this simple gesture that for the next few moments it was as if he was there with her. With only a brief look at the rest she followed McGonagall up the stairs and hearing only the Gargoyles slam shut behind her.

**

Harry watched Gabrielle until she was lost from view as soon as this happened he closed his eyes and sought her through his magic. He didn't know what help it would be but she look so lost so needing his help that he had to do something. As he sensed her he either sensed or heard the others behind him, they had moved into a small group and seemed to be talking very quietly amongst themselves. Only slightly frustrated he moved to one side but kept his eyes closed. He wasn’t sure exactly what he had done on that day but if needs be he would do it again if he thought Gabrielle needed it.

Gabrielle paused in front of the door at the top of the steps, Professor McGonagall waited silently with her. It was thought the old teacher knew that she need a few moments. Gabrielle closed her eyes briefly and still sought that one connection finding that Harry was with her she opened her eyes and braced herself, she looked at McGonagall and received a brief nod, she smiled back and pushed open the door.

She stepped through with more confidence than rightly she should have, her eyes swept around the room and automatically she let her senses scan those that were present. Both The Headmaster and the visitor were present and seated but there was no one else. There were two other chairs left empty one seemingly lonely before the Headmasters desk and one to the side, knowing which one was her’s she headed for it.

“Ah Miss Delacour nice and prompt as normal.” Atoned Dumbledore.

“Thank you Headmaster.” She replied sweetly, not feeling it. She could read a little from the other guest his emotions were boiling below the surface but the Headmaster was as normal blank to her, she didn’t try and push it she just waited.

“Mr Cavendish here has come from the Ministry investigating ....” but Dumbledore was interrupted but a blustery cough from the well-set man. Gabrielle wanted to turn and face the man but she kept her eyes locked on the Headmaster. She blamed him for everything that had happened to Harry. If it wasn’t for him Harry would be far more prepared with his new magic but these prejudices had to be put aside and hopefully by both sides.

“...As I was saying. Mr Cavendish is here from the Ministry investigating the contents of a letter that they have received. It has also come to his attention the events of Wednesday night and he is looking into that matter as well. I keep telling him that it is purely a school matter but....”

“...But in this time of conflict such a violent attack HAS to be looked at by the Ministry or we would be failing in our duty.” Quickly Replied the Man in a powerful voice.

“But The School is mine to run how I see fit.”

“Do we have to go over this against Headmaster?”

“As you can see we have been discussing this matter at length and have....differing views. Before Mr Cavendish begins, I would like to tell you that so far I have not informed your parents as to what has happened. If you would like me to do so I will now do so, gladly, and we can postpone everything until their arrival. If you do not want to Mr Cavendish has some questions he wishes to ask.”

Gabrielle swallowed hard suddenly understanding the seriousness of what was going on. She looked first at Dumbledore who seemed to be pleading for her to ask to get her parents and then the Ministry man he looked impassive yet she could feel his tension. She glanced to the side and saw the stony face of McGonagall.

All sorts of things flashed trough her mind. She had been working with Susan and the others but now that it was starting she felt so unprepared. She just wanted everything to go away so that she could explore with Harry their new ‘relationship’. Harry and the others were the people she most wanted to be here but it seemed that comfort was being denied, she did not think it was on purpose but she would have felt better with them here. Taking a final look at Professor McGonagall she made her mind up.

“I would like to get this over with a soon as possible, so please don't contact my parents. I’m sure if I don't like the question or can’t answer them we can stop and get them I’m also sure that Professor McGonagall can advise me if the need arises.”

Dumbledore smiled at the response and nodded towards Mr Cavendish.

“Very well then Miss Delacour, thank you for allowing me to ask you some questions. They may seem a little personal but please be assured that I’m only working for the safety of Witches and Wizards in this country.”

Gabrielle couldn’t miss the very well chosen words.

“On Wednesday the Ministry received a very interesting letter regarding your...status here at Hogwarts.”

“Yes I know.”

“Please tell me how you know this.”

“I was told.”

“By whom?”

“Draco Malfoy.”

The man paused and made a note on a pad he was carrying.

“This note claims that you are not what you are, that you are not a witch.”

“It is wrong I am a witch.”

“So you say, we have now learned of a vicious attack on a number of students here, one of them is the person who sent us this letter.”

A sudden burst of anger hit her, whether it was from herself or Harry she didn't know.

“They attacked me! They tried to rape me!”

“So you say!”

“I saw it, I saw the classroom.” McGonagall instantly broke in as well.

“Did you see the attack?”

“Well no.”

“So you see the position I am in. What I would like is for you Miss Delacour to tell me exactly what happened that night.”

Gabrielle swallowed once and then told the story in full, everything she could remember she told, Mr Cavendish didn’t interrupt all he did was make notes and nod occasionally. At the end she waited for him to speak, the silence seemed to stretch and stretch before the man finally spoke.

“A very interesting tale and if true something must be done about it.”

“It is true.” She blurted out.

Cavendish seemed to ignore the outburst and continued.

“I have managed to briefly speak with one of the boys today and as you can imagine he has told me a very different tale. Whichever tale is correct the Ministry would want to take action...” Cavendish held up his hand to stop Dumbledore from speaking “... I know that you say it is a school matter but I think it is far more serious than that. If you don't agree you can of course speak to the governors and the Minster himself but I’m sure they will back me.”

Dumbledore knew that this was a fight he could not win. Over the past year he had let slip his influence over the Governors, concerning himself solely with the greater picture it was now looking that it was an error, yet he might still be able to turn this to his advantage. As he sat thinking, Cavendish continued.

“I would think that it will take me a full week to investigate everything here, I was informed by your excellent Nurse that two of the boys will not be conscious for at least another three days so shall we reconvene say next Friday when all of this can be sorted out?”

“But that’s the last day of Term.” Said McGonagall.

“How very convenient, it will make things so much easier how about after the feast. If someone has to leave the school it can be done the next day with no fuss or any awkward scenes.”

“Albus you can’t....” Stared to protest McGonagall but the look on the Headmasters face stopped her, there was far more going on here than that one attack.

McGonagall may have been stunned but it was Gabrielle who felt it more, she had been given her date and by the feeling she was receiving from that man she knew it was going to be her last, Next Friday was going to be her last day at Hogwarts and with Harry.

**

A still a little stunned McGonagall led Gabrielle out of the office, she saw the others waiting and was a little relived to see them.

“Miss Delacour, if you want or need any help....”

Gabrielle looked up and smiled.

“It’s alright but thank you, we have already looked at everything we will be ready.”

“Are you sure?”

Gabrielle turned and looked at the rest, Harry was looking downcast, it was obvious that he sensed her emotions but the others looked happy, Ginny was literally bouncing on her feat. Something had happened whilst she was in the meeting and it gave her hope.

“Yes I’m sure, but thank you for your concern.”

“Very well then, I’ll leave you with your friends but if you have any questions, any at all please come see me.”

“I will professor.”

Gabrielle moved off and close with Harry, her close proximity cheered him slightly, the others girls all moved closer and at a slow pace the set off. She didn't say anything until they were out of sight but stopped as Ginny said.

“Let’s wait before you say anything Gabrielle, Luna has found something out and wants to tell you, us. Come on let’s go to the room and then we can chat privately.”

Gabrielle stayed silent but stretched out with her connections, Ginny was clearly excited and even Luna seemed happy. She had a harder time with Susan but she seemed content it was just Harry that didn't have the euphoria the rest did. Either he didn't approve or know what the others did.

**

Harry waited as Ginny paced in front of the wall; it was the first time he could remember that someone else had done this. He had always done it before the DA meetings and even their private lessons on a Sunday, as the door materialised he looked at it closely to try and see if there was any difference.

Ginny slowly pushed open the door and peered in, Harry saw the relief on her face as she saw what she had created. Opening the doors a bit wider she walked in and waited for the rest to follow. Everyone waited for Harry to move forward and he did so.

The room was far smaller than any of the rooms he had created; to him it looked like a small study or something. It was small and had unusual pictures around the walls, each one had animals in them, and there were no people at all. The two most striking features to Harry though was the warm fireplace. It was almost taken directly for any children’s picture book, with a large mahogany edifice, which just seemed to radiate out heat. The other thing was a single window, in the centre of one wall was a window, Harry could see that it looked out into the grounds, everything looked white with snow but the view was still beautiful.

The rest filled in behind him and the door’s closed silently locking them in their own private world. Even thought Harry thought the room was small there seemed to be plenty of space. As he moved forward the soft carpet underfoot seemed to call to him as well as the large rug laid in front of the fire. Arrayed around the rug were cushions, pillows and even a bean bag. Ginny moved to one of the piles and flopped down easily making herself comfortable. Harry watched as Luna and Susan did the same Gabrielle still stood next to him as if waiting. He gave her a brief smile and the sat down next to Ginny. Gabrielle then gracefully sank down until she was sitting on a cushion close to but not touching Harry.

“Very nice room Ginny.” Commented Harry.

The others immediately made similar comments and Harry saw her beam with pride in what she had done.

“It just came to me a nice cosy little room where we can chat.”

Harry looked at Gabrielle and was sure he could feel her anxiety and so spoke for her.

“So Luna what did you want to say.”

The blond girls turned back from looking out of the window and studied everyone first.

“How about Gabrielle you tell us what happened in the Headmasters office first it might change things.”

“Very well then....”

Gabrielle told them all of them what happened as well as her feelings and what she had sensed. At the end Harry wanted to reach out to her but restrained himself, he looked at the other girls and each seemed to be thinking about what Gabrielle had said, Susan was the first to speak.

“I think you should contact your parents I think it’s getting to serious.”

“I can’t.” Replied Gabrielle, having thought through what might happen if she did indeed contact them.

“Why not? If the Ministry is investigating this it is more than just us against Draco.”

“It will make matters worse.”

“How so?”

“Papa didn't really want me to come he might take me away.”

“What after all of this time.” Blurted Harry.

“Yes...I think he misses me and....”

“What?” prompted Harry.

“I’ve caused him some problems at work. If I go back it might make things better, but with the current situation it might not either.”

“He wouldn’t do that!”

Gabrielle thought for a moment and then nodded.

“You could be right but Papa is not the biggest problem it is Mama.”

“Why does she not approve of...” But Susan could not say the words aloud. She didn’t know if Harry fully understood and this moment was not the time. Gabrielle parents should really be here but the little girl really didn’t want them and that was more important.

“Oh no she understands...fully, it’s just she would make everything harder for us.”

Susan looked very confused and glanced at Harry and Ginny who both knew much more about Gabrielle’s family than she did, well she thought they must. But it was Gabrielle who answered.

“You think we will need to prove that I’m a witch. If Mama was here that would be impossible, she is hardly a witch herself, in fact at the moment the French Ministry and looking into her again.”

“Not a witch?”

“Not really, like me she is good at charms, well some of them but the rest she can’t do. She has a wand and everything, a full size one at that but she can perform even less than me. If she was here I’m sure that they would use her as an example. If the Ministry here managed to prove that she was not a witch and only a Veela then it would ruin her and Papa in France, so you see I can’t tell them.”

“Oh.” Was the only verbal response from Susan but they could all see her almost deflate knowing that with Gabrielle’s parents there what they were doing would just look very childish in front of the Ministry.

“You seem to live a complicated life Gabrielle.” Said Luan dreamily.

“Not really it’s just...” But she didn’t really know how to answer.

The silence stretched and Harry saw that Luna turn back towards the window. Sometime’s her dreamy manner grated on him. She had said, well Ginny had, that she had something to tell them but here she was just looking out of the window. Just before he was about to say something he felt a familiar hand rest on top of his.

“It’s not all that bad Harry isn’t Luna.”

“Oh now it’s like the Astrobeetles have given us a chance.”

Ginny chose to ignore this new mythical creature and started.

“Why we doing all of this work?” she asked Harry in a sensible voice.

Harry could not believe the question, it hurt him deep to think that Ginny didn't care about Gabrielle. All term it seemed that she had been telling him that he should accept her and that she would not get jealous but now such a crash question.

“If you think like that...” Started to retort Harry letting his anger rise.

He felt the sudden connection from Gabrielle trying to calm him, but he didn't want it. If Ginny was acting like this then he should get angry...

“Please Harry it’s not like that, just answer the question...” quickly said Ginny realising that she might have said the wrong thing but she needed to get Harry thinking correctly or what Luna was going to reveal would shock him even more.

“To see that Draco doesn’t get away with what he did to Gabrielle.”

“Is that all?” Ginny prompted, she had suspected that answer, in fact Susan had told her whist they had been waiting for Gabrielle this would be Harry’s first answer. He would hide the truth behind his nobility act. That was what Ginny needed to fight through once that was done they would get to the heart of the matter.

“Of course not, they want to expel her, throw her out of the country or something even worse. They want to class her as an animal...I thought she was your friend!”

Ginny lent across Harry and felt him stiffen but not in a nice way as she placed a hand on Gabrielle. The softness of Gabrielle hand flashed across Ginny’s mind and stillness in her body told Ginny that Gabrielle may already know what was going to be said. If she did why oh why hadn’t she said something before, or had she?

“She is, and is as close a friend as anyone else here in the room. That is why you and the rest of us have to listen to Luna and understand what we are actually doing.”

“Actually doing?” asked Harry now very confused, his anger was draining away, whether it was himself or Gabrielle he was unsure but he was feeling calmer.

“Yes Harry, you are sitting in a small room with four girls. One of them you have had sex with, and that person is not even your official girlfriend.”

Harry’s face instantly turned red and he wanted to hide, but Ginny had placed her hand on top of his once more and was seemingly holding him in place. His eyes tried to look at anything other than one of the other girls but he couldn’t miss the glances, Luna looked just a little smug or even happy, Gabrielle’s was emotionless as normal but Susan’s had a shocked expression and was looking wide eyed at not him but Luna.

“The other three of us don't care. For the moment, sex is not something we talk about or yearn. I know for myself I will someday, if you still want to, you know.” Said Ginny looking embarrassed but not dropping her face.

Harry didn’t; know how to respond, he should say something but how could he say yes he wanted to have sex with here with such an audience! He turned his head to look at the others but caught a slight shake of Ginny’s head and he turned away from her. As his eyes fell on Gabrielle he saw that she was closing her mouth. Did she want to say something?

“If people, other students, knew that you was here with us four tonight in this room things would be said. Here right now is the start, the first step, you have to make the first step Harry, for the first time think not of us, or of other people but of you. Why do you want to help Gabrielle with this problem?”

“Because of Draco!” immediately answered Harry but he knew it not to be true, the truth had to stay buried if it came out it would destroy some of the people in this room.

All of the girls were silent and just looked at Harry, Susan’s face was the only one that didn’t pierce deeply into him. Luna’s look told Harry that she didn't believe him but he sensed she didn't care it was up to him if he wanted to hide. It was the looks that Ginny and Gabrielle were giving him. Gabrielle never really looked anything other than adorable to him but this new look was far from that. He was sure she could see right through his llie and was reading his very soul. He glanced and Ginny and saw almost a mirrored looks she too knew he was lying.

Those two looks were hurting him but if he spoke it would be those two who would be hurt the most from the truth and he swallowed uneasily. The crackling of the fire was the only sound in the room and they all waited.

“Of course I want Gabrielle to stay.” Harry said eventually, hoping that moving slightly closer to the truth would satisfy everybody, but sill the looks continued, but his resolve would not budge.

“Why?” asked the quietest and gentlest voice in the room.

“You’ve help me so much this year.” started Harry his other emotions were beginning to well up, something about the setting, Ginny’s hand on his, Gabrielle looking at him was forcing everything to come out.

“You helped me stop the voice’s in my head...shown me new magic...help me through the pain or other emotions...” Harry voice was beginning to crack as the pressure of his suppressed emotions was getting to him.

“Is that all?” she asked her voice just above a whisper.

“No you look delicate, lovely... you may be young but you seem to tantalise me with it. Ginny, Luna, Susan are all beautiful in their own right and I’m beginning to enjoy their company and the same is for you. I find that I just enjoy being with you, near to you to see your smile or the look or feel one of your smiles. Each of those seems to brighten my day...I don't want to lose that, not now....” Harry could not say the L word, but this was as close as he had ever came to it with Gabrielle so far.

His heart was racing and he could feel the blood pounding in his head. He wanted to say more, felt that he should. He felt that he should say how he wanted to hold her feel her softness against him but not just that he wanted to protect her. She had always looked scared and frightful whenever her heritage was mentioned it just called to him and he wanted to be there. But how could he say all of that and mean it but not only that do so the others, especially Ginny would understand and not hate him for it.

Gabrielle couldn’t even if she had wanted to stop the tear from rolling down her cheek. Harry had said the words she had been waiting to hear for so long. The rush of emotions that they had shared that night had not been wrong, she had not been fooling herself about everything she had felt, it had been true.

Ginny listened to the words and wanted to cry herself, she saw that Susan had silent tears running down her cheeks and even Luna’s huge eyes looked moist. She wanted to cry she wanted to bawl her eyes out not at the loss of Harry but in the gaining of Gabrielle but she held herself in check, later tonight she would cry, when she was away from Harry she would cry in joyous happiness.

“So you would do anything to keep her here at Hogwarts with you, with us?”

“Yes.” Answered Harry his voice starting to return to normal.

“Do you Promise Harry?”

“Yes.”

“No, I mean it, do you promise. Don't just say the words but deep down mean it.”

“I promise Ginny.”

“Good...Luna.” Said Ginny indicating that she should now continue.

“There is a way another way to keep Gabrielle here.”

“What other than what we are doing?”

“Yes, there is a second way but it is unpleasant.”

“Who for?”

“Gabrielle and possibly you.”

“Then no.”

“Harry you promised.” Interrupted Ginny.

“But I won’t let anything hurt Gabrielle that’s not right.”

“That’s not it, it will be unpleasant but just listen. Luna tell him everything.”

“Well Harry if you don't mind about Draco then, you can keep Gabrielle at Hogwarts. Only you can do it and there is nothing the Ministry can do about it.”

“How? What can I do?”

“Simple, buy Gabrielle.”

Harry’s mind didn't see what Luna was trying to explain, instinct was telling him to dip into his new magic to calm his mind so that he could understand but he forced this away. Dropping into his new magic wasn’t going to help he need to clear head to understand Luna and what she was saying just didn't make sense.

Gabrielle’s face almost split wide in happiness, she had to suppress that smile that she was threatening to release in case it affected everyone on the room. She was sure that it would knock anybody back because Luna and found a way to give her exactly what she wanted, it was simple and easy and then she would be his forever.

“I....” started to say Harry but he stopped not being about to form a good enough question.

“We let Draco win. We let him say and prove that she is a Veela. Once the Ministry declares that then....”

“She’ll be expelled or worse.” Harry jumped in.

“Yes but you can buy her. You are an adult you can own creatures. Actually, Hermione left out a big part. You see while it’s true the ministry will legally own Gabrielle, they also have to legally sell her to the first qualified witch or wizard who is prepared to handle her, and offers to buy her. Which if you think about it is probably what Draco’s really planning on doing. In the past when the Ministry got hold of a Veela they tried to keep it quiet so they could decide what to do with her, unfortunately for them a few Adults know about Gabrielle and at least one of them is going to be there in the same room as the Ministry representative.”

“But....but.....” he stammered suddenly beginning understanding what Luna was saying, but also something else touched the back of his mind. It was one of if not the first time he had heard Luna sound so normal and so much like a Ravenclaw; there had been no fanciful beast nothing untoward just pure knowledge.

“If you bought her, you could bring her to Hogwarts, like Dobby they can’t stop you.”

“But she won’t be a pupil, she can’t go to classes.” Responded Harry as he tried to see the flaws.

“So... but I’ll be here, with you...all of you.” She whispered.

“No this is not right! How can we even think this?!?.”

“It’s alright Harry, I could never learn much. You can teach me, it will be fine, I don’t need classes, they can’t teach me our magic and the rest you or Ginny or anyone could teach me what I need.”

“No...no....no. You told me how Veela are looked at; I can’t do that to you.”

“Yes you can, it’s what I want.” Replied Gabrielle her voice gaining in strength of not volume, she knew that now was her time, like when she sent Ginny to Harry that night in Grimmauld place now her time, her one time to fight Harry for what she wanted. After this she would be his, willingly, she would do whatever he wished. If this worked legally and magically, she would follow him but she had to fight him now to get that chance.

“No people would look at you and think...No there has to be another way, I know what it is like to have the whole school think of you as something you are not, it was unbearable. If it wasn’t for Ron and Hermione I just don't know I could let that happen.”

“But it’s what I want.”

“You can’t understand Gabrielle, you too young.”

“I’m not, I’m as old as I have to be. There is nothing I can’t do if I’m a Veela don’t bring my age into this, it is irrelevant.”

“But people will think you, of me.....”

“Is that what you are worried about how people will look at you!” Said Gabrielle with a little venom in her voice. She knew it to be untrue and it would hurt Harry but he was being too noble about all of this.

“No that’s just it you just can’t see what people with think of you. You could not go out they....”

“I know exactly what they would think of me. The Slytherine’s are already calling me names....”

“That is nothing compared to what would come if I did this.”

“I know exactly what they would think and say and you know what I DON’T CARE. People everywhere would look at me and think I’m your “Little Fuck Toy”!”

Harry let out a gasp of shock at such course words from Gabrielle as he had never heard such a thing from her.

“Let’s just say it and be done with it Harry. They can say that but I’ll tell you that I’ll willing be that for you, don’t you see it. You have been avoiding it since we met, it’s what I need, Love in any form and more especially a physical form is what I want and need. If people want to think that of me and of you, let them this is what I want deep down inside of me it’s what I want, to be with you, to have you protect me, love me.

Remember the morning after, when I told you about the other three, you asked me about what I wanted this is it. Up until now you would reject me and even now you are trying too but look at me, truly look at me and you will see that my whole heart my whole body everything about me wants this. Everything I’ve said or done since I’ve found out about this, I did it to be with you. Yes, I wanted to help you, but mostly I’ve wanted to be with you and I’ll do, be anything to have that, to have you.”

Harry looked at Gabrielle and could see the glint of magic behind her eyes, those beautiful eyes that wondrous face how could he refuse such a plea...Because he was Harry Potter that was why.

“I understand but I think we can win without doing this.” He replied hoping that his words would come true.

“But if we can’t you’ll do it?” pleaded Gabrielle.

Harry nodded.

“Promise?” asked Ginny.

Harry smiled a little smile and nodded once more. “I promise.”

Gabrielle smiled leaned forward and kissed him softly. “Thank you.”

**
Sign up to rate and review this story