Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Love Has No Age

After

by Easysurfing

The problems start to mount as the group understand that the attack was not Draco's only plan.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Erotica - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Luna - Published: 2009-01-30 - Updated: 2009-01-30 - 7793 words

?Blocked
Chapter 54:- After

A/N: Malehorntaildragon, GML you know what you have all have added thanks for doing it.



**

Snape could not believe the audacity of Potter as he pushed past him in an effort to get into the room. He was about to say something and take so many points from Gryffindor that the House cup would just be a faint dream when the three other girls near him rushed in front of him as well. He glanced over his shoulder at Hermione and almost dared her to move before him. She stood rooted to the spot with an unreadable expression on her face. Turning back to his classroom he strolled confidently into it. That confidence was a lie but he hid it well, as he crossed the threshold he was scared, not born through fear but at what Draco had done now.

Instantly he saw the spell on the door he knew it would be that idiot boy who had caused all of this. Normally he would not care and even now, so close to his final goal, he wouldn’t have cared but he had given that oath to his mother, that oath would make him have to do something to sort all of this out.

With his wand still drawn he surveyed his classroom. The destruction wasn’t as great as he had suspected but it was still considerable. His eyes roamed across the room cataloguing the damage to the walls and furniture. His sharp mind was already trying to understand what had happened. Naturally, his eyes fell upon the group in the corner. Lovegood and the Weasley Girl both looked back at him with more steel in their eyes than he had ever seen the girls have before. Dismissing them for the moment from his mind he started to cross to the still bodies on the floor. He watched the Hufflepuff girl quickly look at each one in turn before she retrieved a few items from the ground and crossed to the corner were the others waited.

Waving his wand in a small motion he extinguished one of the desk that was still burning with blue flame near the body of Goyle, he began to see the possibilities of getting out of this and that blue flame might be just the key. Making sure he let one desk continue to burn until others arrived he started to move from unconscious student to unconscious student checking them in his normal efficient manner. He didn't want to heal too much but check them over just to make sure that nothing incriminating was left behind. He need time to think and to plan and blessedly he was getting it.

Hermione followed Professor Snape into the room and stopped as she too took in everything that she saw but it was the scene from the corner that worried her the most. Never had she seen her friends look so fierce so ready to strike, she wanted to move back to give them more space but there was nowhere to go. She couldn’t see Harry or Gabrielle but decided not to approach the group, something about them worried her more than anything she had seen. Noise behind her made her glance around to see Ron returning but this time he was leading Professor McGonagall. Relief flooded her at seeing the stern Teacher if anyone would be fair and just it was going to be her.

Ron stood beside her in silence as he looked at the scene, somehow his hand found hers and she drew comfort from the close contact.

“Oh my... What happened here?” Called out Professor McGonagall.

“I don't know I’m trying to get to the bottom of it.” Replied Snape now looking at Draco just finishing erasing his wand. Soon Potter would lose one friend and perhaps even more.

McGonagall didn't see the group in the corner at first and headed straight for the injured students her mind already busy.

“We need the Headmaster and Poppy, some of them look bad.”

“I’ve already sent for them.” Curtly replied Snape.

Looking round McGonagall now saw the group in the corner. She straightened up and approached them. She couldn’t see who was behind the girls but she already knew that it would be Harry and the missing girl, Gabrielle. Dumbledore had warned her about looking after the students it looked like to her that it had started.

“Can any one please tell me what happened?” she called out.

Harry felt Gabrielle stiffen in his arms as they heard Professor McGonagall. He looked closely into Gabrielle’s face as she eventually lifted it up, ever so slowly she shook it and Harry understood. Still holding her close he looked up at Susan, both Ginny and Luna still had their backs to them so it was only Susan looking at them. Quickly Susan squatted down next to Gabrielle.

“It’s alright Gabrielle I’ll say something, here.” She said as she held out Gabrielle fallen shoe and Wand. Gabrielle wanted to take the wand to re-grasp what she was at this current moment in time, a witch. But doing so meant letting go of Harry and for the moment they were together, she was holding him and feeling and she didn’t want it to end. Susan saw the girl looking even more distressed and so put the shoe on Gabrielle’s foot herself before giving Harry her wand. As she got up she braced herself and tried to focus her mind, whatever was about to happen she suspected she was going to need a clear head.

Walking round Ginny she started to reply to McGonagall who had now stood up and was approaching.

“We’re not sure, but it seems that someone or someone’s tricked Gabrielle here and tried to...do something with her.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m not sure; Gabrielle is still in shock and doesn’t want to talk, but I found parts of her top torn and on the floor over there as well as her wand.”

“Her wand, but the damage?...Never mind let me have a look at her.” Quickly said McGonagall beginning to stride forward.

As McGonagall approached the two fifth year girls she had a sudden feeling that they weren’t going to move but eventually Luna moved to one side and then so did Ginny. McGonagall could now see both Harry and Gabrielle on the floor. To her Gabrielle did indeed look very shocked and the way she was clinging to Harry looked unhealthy and almost abnormal. As she approached the pair, McGonagall saw Gabrielle almost try to bury herself more into Harry’s chest either to hide or to gain more comfort from him. Harry just held her close almost turning to shield her from this new intruder.

McGonagall Paused not wanting to move forward anymore, she could see that there was more going on here than just a normal reaction from students. Conversations she had and research she had done all flashed through her mind, whatever was happening here she had to be careful not to damage it yet keep the other student’s safe.

“It’s alright now Gabrielle, you’re safe please tell me what happened.” Asked McGonagall in a far more pleasant voice than she normally used still trying to see what exactly was happening with this small group.

Gabrielle just shook her head and the buried her face into Harry’s jumper again now not wanting to look up at all.

“Harry?”

“I really don't know what happened. I...I...felt something and rushed here. I couldn’t get in but tried. Gabrielle was scared but I don't know of what all I knew was she was frightened, I tried to help but couldn’t get in the door was locked somehow. Professor Snape then arrived and opened the door; I then rushed in and found her like this.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes.” Answered Harry not wanting to tell Professor McGonagall any more. The sudden rush of feeling he had when he had embraced her or now the more continue flow of feeling between them that was something he wanted to keep a secret not for his sake but for the girl in his arms.

“Well I think she needs to go to the Hospital Wing as well. Madam Pomfrey needs to check her out, she looks like she is in shock..”

Harry suddenly felt Gabrielle grasp him even tighter at the mention of going to the Hospital Wing, he was not completely sure but something about going there had started Gabrielle off again.

“Um...are you sure Professor.”

“Yes Mr Potter, now if you don't mind.” Replied the stern Professor not used to having her instructions questions.

Harry knew that it was going to be pointless arguing anymore so he started to get to his feet. It was harder than normal as Gabrielle still held him close. He looked down at the girl in his arms, and for the first time since he arrived, he noticed her torn blouse. There was enough material still to give her some modesty but looking at this angle he could see beyond the strips of material, he could clearly see the soft looking patterned bra and what it contained.

Bracing himself he started to talk to Gabrielle.

“Gabrielle, really it is for the best you should go to the Hospital Wing, you need to get checked out.” He said to her to try and get her to release him a bit.

“Not without you.” She replied still firmly gripping Harry.

“Don't worry I’ll go with you and the others if you like?” quickly responded Harry feeling that she was going to need all of them around to keep her calm.

“You...you won’t leave me with them?” she asked in a very quiet voice nodding towards the boys who were now being levitated into a group.

“No I won’t leave you I promise.”

“Ok.”

Gabrielle started to let go from Harry but he could see more and more of her being exposed. Walking through the castle like that would be highly embarrassing for her at the least. A small wave of panic flowed over him at what he should do before he turned his head to the professor. “Um, Professor, could we have a minute, Gabrielle needs to, um, cover up.”

“Of course if you would step back I’ll conjure or transfigure something?” She once more pulling her wand out.

Gabrielle’s eyes were fixed upon his face and he almost lost himself in their blueness. An idea whether from him or her came to his mind.

“It’s alright Professor I’ve got it.”

Minerva lowered her wand and waited. She knew that Harry was good at transfiguration but wasn’t sure he was up to the task but the way he was speaking almost reminded her of Dumbledore when he was much younger.

Gabrielle let go from Harry a moved back slightly, at the lessening of contact she felt her magic almost claw at retuning her to Harry, but she knew she couldn’t stay like that forever. Her state of dress worried but not for her sake, her Veela side was still controlling parts and so she was worried for Harry, how would he look escorting her looking like she did now. Her magic was already repairing her physical damage but it could never work on clothes, she had an idea one that would greatly please her but never would she mention it.

Her eyes widened in surprise as Harry pulled at his jumper eventually lifting it over his head. In a single movement, he put the jump upon her covering her damaged clothes. It was far too big for her and her arms never reached the end, its length stopped just below her bottom and it would have made a very indecent dress but she didn’t care. The scent from Harry’s body still permutated the wool and it comforted her, it was so warm that she felt that she was still in his arms.

Almost hugging the jumper to herself, she started to move towards the door but stopped. It was a long way to the Hospital Wing and even now as her magic came more under her control she could start to feel the emotions in the school. News had spread not far but she could sense it and she had to walk those corridors. She turned at looked at Harry, he was going to have to help her, and without even saying a word, he offered her his arm. She pulled his arm into her body, it was wrapped in the material of his jumper but she could still feel it with her small breasts as it nestled between them.

**

As the group started to make their way towards the Hospital Wing the others girls came closer. Each one of them asked Gabrielle how she was and tried to give her comfort, but after their brief words each moved, back allowing her to be with Harry. She appreciated every single word that they said but for her everything would be fine because she was with Harry, everything they had just experience and even now as it calmed down slightly between told her everything would be fine. In those few fleeting seconds with the guards removed everything that needed to be said had passed between them. She wasn’t sure how it would all work but she knew they were together. They moved slowly through the castle and it was evident that some of the students had heard what had happened, well something at least, because a number stopped and stared at them as they passed, she could feel their emotions but none of them spoke.

Harry pushed the doors open the led into the Hospital Wing and led Gabrielle inside. Almost before the doors had closed, Madam Pomfrey came bustling out from her office. By the look on her face, she had already been alerted to their arrival and what to expect.

“Ah you made it first, please stand still and let go of Mr Potter.”

She didn't want to let go but Harry started to move away so she did so. She stood rooted to the spot in Harry jumper looking very lost and frightened but waited. Madam Pomfrey immediately waved her wand and patterns showed in the air, the Nurse gave a brief nod to herself before speaking.

“Very good Miss Delacour just as I had been told, please sit on that bed over there and take the potion that is laid out, it will counter the shock. If you feel anything different or find you are in pain please call for me but I have the others to deal with in a moment”

Harry felt a sudden surge of annoyance within himself to this attitude but he led Gabrielle to the indicated bed. As soon as they reached the bed he saw a set of screens magically started to roll across the Hospital Wing and then unfurl themselves around the bed. Gabrielle reluctantly let go of Harry as she perched on the edge of the bed, Harry handed her the potion, which she looked at briefly before swallowing the contents down. To Harry the bed almost swallowed her up and she look so lost sitting on it after placing the empty potion flagon back on the table. He decided it would be best for the moment that he didn't sit next to her not knowing what else his magic was going to do. All the time the pair of them had been touching his magic had been singing in his ears. He had started to try and rebuild his barriers but his will wasn’t in it. The emotions he had felt were so real he didn't want to shut them out anymore. Not only his emotions, but Gabrielle as well had told him of the things that he need to do.

Everyone found places to sit and all looked at each other but didn't want to say anything, eventually Susan was the first to say something.

“Gabrielle can you tell us what happened?”

Gabrielle looked at Harry seeking either his assurance or strength he wasn’t sure before she started.

Slowly she relayed what happened Harry saw the other girls, Hermione included, all shuddered when Gabrielle spoke about being trapped in the corner and being held down.

“...It was then that I felt you Harry. I knew it was you and could feel you trying to help me. I wanted so much for everything to go away for you to protect me but that could not happen. I...I...just laid there hoping that it would be over soon, I tried to draw comfort from your magic and waited. After that I can’t really remember everything is a bit fuzzy or something, the next real memory is when I opened my eyes and was looking into your face Harry.”

“So you don't know what happened?” asked Susan once more.

“No...What did happen to the boys?”

“They were...attacked, violently.”

Gabrielle dropped her head once more. She was worried at what she was hearing, she had been truthful in that she didn't remember what had happened but that didn’t stop her from suspecting the truth.

“In what way?” she asked in a very quiet voice.

“They were all unconscious and all of them had burn marks on their body. Some more than other it was like they were hit with something explosive or something. Even some of the desks were burning.”

Harry could feel Gabrielle emotions started to well up once more. He didn’t know the reason but understood that she in need of his presence. He got up from his chair and sat beside her, he had been trying to keep away but something was telling him that she needed him.

“It’s alright Gabrielle, we’ll get through this.” He said trying to comfort the girl.

“I’m so sorry Harry.”

“Stop that it’s not your fault, you are safe now, and...” but Harry didn’t want to say the words in front of the others, well Ron and Hermione at least.

Trying to change the subject Harry asked something else.

“You said they hit you?”

“Yes on my cheek.”

Harry looked at Gabrielle’s cheeks but could not really see anything upon it. In fact, to him, it looked oh so soft almost calling to him to touch it or even kiss it.

“I don't see a mark?” he ventured.

“That’s because of my magic won’t allow it show. You may not like me if I look battered so it hides the marks.”

“What?”

“It just part of me, like my hair or anything it is always trying to make me look the best.”

“That’s....”

“Harry you said that you have read about Veela, did you read everything or did you just concentrate on their connections?”

“Connections.”

“You should have read the rest. I can tell you but, but not here....please?”

Harry felt very despondent. It sounded like he didn't care one bit for Gabrielle, which was as far from the truth as possible. He just sat there gently holding Gabrielle’s hand, which she had eventually pushed through the end of his jumper.

Nobody said anything more they just sat and waited for what was about to come. They all heard movement from outside the screens but there obviously had been placed some form of silencing charm on the screens because they couldn’t hear what was being said. Eventually Harry released Gabrielle and sat back in his chair. When Ginny tried to hold Harry’s hand he wretched it away hissing in pain, he hadn’t noticed it even when Gabrielle had been touching it but now it stung sharply. When he turned it over, everybody could clearly see the doorknob had been burned into his skin, so much so that they could clearly make out the Hogwarts crest upon his palm.

“What the hell! Harry why didn’t you say something, what happened to it?” Immediately said Ron

“The door burned it when I tried to force it open; Ron.”

“And you’re just now beginning to notice it?” Hermione asked incredulously seeing the red and slightly puckered flesh on his hand.

“Well, yes Hermione, I’ve had other things on my mind. Besides it doesn’t hurt that much, so I’ll wait until Madam Pomfrey can heal it.” Harry replied a little too sharply than he meant. Hermione blushed embarrassed at her words.

Gabrielle gasped just loud enough to be heard as she too saw the damage on Harry’s hand. Tears and more flooded to her eyes as she saw the pain and damage to Harry. She felt disgusted at herself for not noticing it before, just a moment ago she had been stroking his hand and he had said nothing, she hadn’t even felt it.

She had been feeling so sorry for herself and so happy to be close to Harry that she had forgotten to look after him, the one thing she could do for him she had just completely forgotten. She started to move off the bed but the look for Harry made her stop.

“What are you doing, Madam Pomfrey said to wait.”

“But you are in pain, you’re hurting.”

“It’s nothing, honestly.”

“But...but...I can feel it I can stop it...please.” she begged, she just had to do this, this was her job.

“What do you mean?”

“Your hand.”

“You can heal it?” asked Hermione finding her voice suddenly.

“No but I can stop the pain...please Harry.”

Harry didn't know exactly how to answer, yes his hand did hurt. It hurt like the very devil but this shouldn’t be about him it should be about Gabrielle. Felling very lost now he turned back to Ginny, he saw a small tear in her eye but he continued to look at her with a questioning face. Silently she nodded to Gabrielle as if telling him to go ahead.

“Alright but I’m coming over there.”

Harry saw the smile light up Gabrielle’s face and it was the first smile he could remember since he had found her in the classroom. The smile impacted his body and almost at once he started to feel better. He crossed to Gabrielle and held out his hand, she lightly look it on one of hers. Harry could feel the softness of her hand as it lightly moved over his hand, it never when near his burns but he felt peace come to his mind. It was as if the pain was being drained away. The burn marks and scared skin was still present but the pain was gone. He wanted to say something, to thank Gabrielle but before he could anything, the screens parted and three adults walked in.

Professor Dumbledore led the group followed by Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall, Harry noted that both of the women looked much paler than normal but Professor Dumbledore looked stern. Harry pulled his hand away from Gabrielle and mouthed a thank you before returning to his seat next to Ginny. He felt Dumbledore’s eyes watch him the whole way but the Headmaster never said a word. As he sat Ginny pulled his hand to her face and kissed it gently as if adding her own magic to the healing process.

“It’s good to see you all here. You will be pleased to know that Madam Pomfrey thinks that everyone will make a full recovery, it may take a little while but they should be fine.” Dumbledore waited for a look of relief from the group but found none. “Professor Snape had given me a version of what he thinks has happened....”

“But he wasn’t there....” immediately blurted Susan.

“Quite right that is why I want to ask Miss Delacour some questions. I have already received one very interesting owl from the Ministry and am sure that many more are on their way. So it would be wise of me to find out exactly what happened, so Miss Delacour in your own words please?” Instructed Dumbledore clearly forcing the issue.

Gabrielle retold the story once more but this time in a much more confident voice. The only time the she paused is when she had mentioned about being struck on the cheek. Madam Pomfrey instantly rushed to her and examined her face but found only the smallest trace of a bruise but that was all, and so stepped back a little confused because the way Gabrielle was speaking it sounded like quite the blow.

When the story was finished, Dumbledore nodded in a very thoughtful manner before he spoke.

“Has she got to stay the night Poppy?”

“No I can’t find anything wrong except that she is a little shaken up. She just needs some rest and will be fine.”

“Very well you can all go back to your respective Common Rooms but I ask that you not talk about this to anyone. Also I will want to see you all tomorrow morning after breakfast, don't worry about your lessons I will inform the relevant Professors.”

“Madam Pomfrey, can you heal Harry’s hand first? He burned it on the door trying to get in.” Ginny asked before Harry so much as moved, she forced his hand up to show the burn.

“My word! You did this on the door?” The matron asked unbelievingly, as all three adults stared at Harry’s palm.

“Um, yes, I tried Alohomora but it didn’t work, I, I had to do /something/.”

After inspecting it and looking very confused when Harry mentioned that it didn't hurt bandaged it. “You’ll need to come back first thing tomorrow morning, so I can remove the bandages. It’s a pretty severe burn but the potion in the bandages will stop a permanent scar.”

Harry shrugged nonchalantly “It’s nice not to have another one but it really didn't matter I’ll probably get more.” With that, they all got up and walked out of the screens.

“Do you believe her?” asked McGonagall.

“Unfortunately yes.”

“Why unfortunately?”

“Because I think it will make all of this more difficult than it already is.”

“But if you believe her then it’s very clear what must be done.”

“Yes but that is not what we will hear from those boy’s. I have already received one letter from the Ministry about a dangerous and subversive creature within our students. I’m sure they....” Dumbledore indicated to the screened boys “...will say something different to Miss Delacour and I’m afraid that the Ministry will still look into this. If they do there can only be one outcome unless they are very lucky and it will be Miss Delacour that will have to leave.”

“But you can stop it.”

“No the evidence is overwhelming, The Ministry will be involved no matter what I say I don’t think even I can stop them, you’ve seen the injuries, the classroom. At most, I can get her deported back to France, I think if it all goes bad. We will just have to see where Mr Malfoy is going to go with this, because I fear it is him that is going to drive this, him and the Ministry and for once there is nothing that I can do about it.”

McGonagall waited until Madam Pomfrey had moved back to her other patients before she replied to Dumbledore. Thankfully for her he had waited knowing that she wanted to say more.

“You wanted this didn't you?” she asked of him accusingly.

“I didn’t want this per-say, however I made no secret and I still believe that she isn’t right for him.”

“Isn’t right? Didn't you see them now?”

“That just it, Fleur would have been much better, she would have been a rock for him, Gabrielle is just too young he will need strength not just now but much later. Someone so young so...fragile cannot help him. Not to mention the fact that he will need someone who can at least protect themselves.”

“No Albus you’re wrong, you should have seen them all, together she doesn’t need to be that rock.”

“All of them?”

“Yes all four of them in that classroom. I think she is bringing them together, no one person can be his rock as you put it, this way the burden is shared between them, giving him a much stronger base. They stood there and even defied me, they would have defended her and him against me. No student, not for a long time has faced me like that it was...worrying.”

Dumbledore pursed his lips together; much was happen far faster than he wanted. He nodded once to McGonagall before he turned and left the hospital wing, knowing that the next few days would be crucial indeed for not only him but for Harry as well.

**

The group left the Hospital wing they were confronted by a group of Slytherins. Each was either a sixth or seventh year, almost in unison, Harry and Ginny both pulled their wands out in preparation for the inevitable fight. Harry felt Gabrielle move around his body slightly so to shield herself more and for that he was grateful because he knew that it was about to get nasty. Luna stepped up next to him and he even saw Hermione and Ron had their hands inside their robes obviously holding their wands.

Each group looked at each other but nether said a word. Eventually Harry led everyone away from the Slytherins who were all still starring daggers at them. Harry was a little surprised that Pansy wasn’t amongst the group but he suspect that she would be in there with her beloved Draco. Just before they passed out of sight one of the Slytherins called out to them.

“We know what you are now, WHORE! You’ll get yours!”

Harry instantly spun but was stopped by the restraining body of Gabrielle. She had pressed herself even harder against his arm as she heard the words; she knew that more would come and that this was just the start. Slightly shocked to hear such words Hermione did indeed turn and start back towards the Slytherins, Ron obediently followed but was a little concerned at what was about to happen.

“Who said that?”

“What are you going to do about it Granger!”

“I’ll report it.”

“Yeah and?”

“I’m a Prefect.”

“So am I so what? Why don’t you just push off and take that.../thing/ with you.” Called out one of the largest Slytherin’s as he stepped to the front.

Ron put a restraining arm on Hermione’s shoulder and turned her away. She tried to resist for a moment but allowed Ron to lead her away, righteous fury still burning within her.

Both Luna and Susan walked with the group until they came to the Seventh floor corridor. Neither said anything but they stayed with the group until they came to this floor. A few students watched the group pass but nothing was said to any of them. Luna and slightly more shyly from Susan hugged Gabrielle goodbye before they turned and started the long decent down the stairs.

**

Harry was a little surprised at the emptiness of the common room. He had expected that most of the others would be wide-awake waiting for their return but found only a few waiting for them. Nothing was said as he crossed to his normal seat and flopped down. Gabrielle, after a brief moment when she looked at Ginny, sat next to him and then tried to snuggle a little closer. Sitting and being so close to Harry drove all of the nasty images from her mind. She was with him, how long she didn't know but she was going to try and stay there as long as she could.

Nothing was said and each just looked into the fire, crackling the only sounds around them. Tiredness started to overtake Gabrielle and she felt herself start to yawn. Ginny saw this and rose to her feet, she held out her hand towards Gabrielle. The young girl looked up a little confused.

“You’re very sleepy come I’ll help you.”

“But....” started to reply Gabrielle but Harry butted in.

“No you had better get to bed, I think tomorrow is going to be a long day.”

Gabrielle nodded and the quickly kissed his cheek. She couldn’t do much more or she would never leave his side. She grasped Ginny’s hand grateful for the support as the pair started to walk up the stairs to her dormitory. The further that Gabrielle got from Harry the more tired she felt, by the time she had reached her door she was almost dead on her feet.

Ginny waited until Gabrielle had gotten changed and crawled into bed before she sat to see that Gabrielle was alright then noticed her face. As she watched it seemed almost impossible, Gabrielle’s face that had looked perfect as anything a moment ago started to swell slightly and a bruise started to appear.

“Gabrielle what’s the matter...your face?”

“It’s my magic.”

“What’s it doing to you?” Asked Ginny now getting more and more concerned.

Gabrielle touched her cheek and winced slightly, there was pain not much just a little.

“Noting, it’s just not covering it up anymore. It is a Veela thing remember, I’m fine actually. My magic is just taking a rest.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes...but thank you.”

“That’s alright, now get some sleep and remember I’m just a few floors’ up if you need me. Don't be shy or anything if you need me just come and get me alright.”

“Thanks Ginny.” Replied Gabrielle closing her eyes and willing sleep to come.

**

The next morning Harry awoke, not early but one of the most refreshed he had ever been. He almost jumped out of his bed and sprinted for the bathroom at the sudden flow of energy in his body. Last night as he watched Ginny take Gabrielle to bed, he had felt his own reaction to the little girl being lead away. His magic wanted him to follow it literally told him that she needed him but he forced it down and waited. He had waited for a long time to see if Ginny returned but she never did. With a slightly heavy heart he had gotten up to go to bed himself when the light sound of dashing footsteps made him turn.

Ginny rushed across the common room and found his willing outstretched arms. As he encircled her body he felt her curves. He was about to ask a question when she beat him to it.

“She’s asleep now. I waited until she dropped off; I think she’ll be fine.”

“Thank you, I was worried about her.”

“I know I can see that.”

“What do you mean?”

“I saw you with her; the look on your face and everything.”

“But....”

Ginny stretched up and felt her chest brush across Harry’s. Her actions had stopped his words but she continued. She let her mouth find his and kissed him slowly feeling herself getting aroused once more. Slowly she let her lips part from Harry’s.

“Do you understand now Harry, everything will be different and yet the same.”

“I think so.”

“You felt it then, you felt her?”

Harry mind easily remembered the feelings yes he had felt her but that was such a small word for what it tried to describe.

“Yes.” He managed to reply but in a voice so husky Ginny almost felt her knees buckle.

“She needs you, it is what has been driving her, you can see that now.”

“I thought people would look at me.”

“I wouldn’t nor would our friends don’t think about the others think about you and her.”

“But her age...”

“Is irrelevant, I felt it myself. It was by accident but I felt some of her feelings you cannot turn away now.”

“No.”

“Good, we had better go to bed then.”

“Already?” asked Harry in a voice laced with a little laughter.

“Separately Harry... because tomorrow will be tough on her and I suspect you.”

Harry nodded solemnly and then lent down and kissed her again. Eventually they parted and he made his way to his room. He was tired in body but felt so alive it was like a small barrier had been released within him, he got changed and crawled into bed, his mind starting to think about what was going to happen tomorrow.

That had been last night this morning he was bounding from one thing to the next. His mind seemed so much clearer than it had been over the past few days it was so refreshing. Eventually after waking Ron and waiting for him, the pair entered the common room and found Hermione waiting. Harry eyes immediately sought the two girls but found that they hadn’t arrived. He was just preparing to get comfortable when the pair appeared at the bottom of the stairs.

Gabrielle had taken far longer to get ready than normal, it wasn’t that she needed the time for her appearance it was to try and compose herself. She suspected what was about to happen in the school and she didn’t want to face it. At the beginning of the year she had been prepared but these months of almost normality had been nice, if she just could have had the relationship with Harry that she craved it would have been perfect now she was about to move into a new world one not so nice to her. She sat on her bed trying to steady herself for the day when Ginny arrived and gave her a quick hug and a few words, this steadied her enough to follow the older girl down to the common room, at least here she felt that she would be accepted.

Harry watched as the two approached and somehow felt everything that Gabrielle had gone though this morning. He wasn’t sure how but knew that it came from his magic. As the two approached he gave Ginny a quick hug and a kiss before hugging Gabriele once more. This hug was a little more awkward than the last time but he felt his magic and emotions react to it.

“Thanks.” He heard as he pulled Gabrielle to him, his hands almost ached to flow over her body but he forced them to stay put.

“Feel better?” he asked quietly.

“Yes.”

“Ok let’s go to breakfast.” Harry called out. As normal, he held Ginny’s hand as he walked the corridor towards the grand staircase but Gabrielle was much closer to him this time. He felt his other hand brush against hers as they walked three abreast. He paused at the top of the stairs and smiled at the girl before he started down the moving steps.

Harry was not surprised to see Luna and Susan waiting at the bottom. Both of them smiled at the group as they approached, nothing was said but a lot was communicated in a few brief glances. Harry moved to the great doors and heard Gabrielle take a steadying breath; he looked over his shoulder and gave her a smile before turning and pushing the doors open. He strode confidently into the hall expecting silence to great him but the noise hardly changed. A sudden wave of hope flooded him as he moved towards his normal place. He sensed that Gabrielle was close by him and that the girls were close to her, it wasn’t until he reached his seat did he started to hear the mutterings form the Slytherin table. Glancing across he saw that every single one of them were looking at Gabrielle.

He swallowed hard remembering what it’s like to have so many eyes looking at you. As he waited for the others to sit themselves he started to make out what some of the Slytherins were muttering. “Bitch” “Whore” “Slut” all of that and more could be made out, he wanted to react to jump to her defence but checked himself. She was managing to ignore it so he could as well. A glance to the teachers table told him that they couldn’t hear what was being said because he was sure McGonagall would not stand for it.

Harry was cautious throughout the whole of breakfast but the Slytherins seemed to return to normal yet he did see many of them continue to watch them. When they had finished all of them just waited until they, Dumbledore, and Madam Pomfrey were the only ones left. Harry watched the Headmaster slowly get to his feet and cross to them. To Harry he looked older and more tired than he had in months.

“Let me see your hand Mr. Potter.” Pomfrey said briskly. In only a few minutes she unwrapped, cleaned and re-bandaged the wound. Once finished she dropped his hand and looked at him sharply. “See me again this evening, so far though it seems to be healing just fine.”

“Now if you all would care to follow me to my office.” He instructed them.

Harry rose with the others and followed the Headmaster they all walked in silence. When they eventually entered the Head’s study they all saw a number of chairs waiting for them as well as Professor McGonagall.

“Please sit down, I’ve asked Possessor McGonagall here as your head of house, Miss Delacour. Miss Bones, Miss Lovegood if you wish your heads here I can request them.”

“No sir.” Replied Susan in an equally grave voice.

“Not it’s alright sir I’m with friends.”

“Very well. First, I would like to hear each of your accounts to what happened last night. Miss Delacour I would like you to go last.”

Before anyone else said, anything Susan asked a question.

“Professor this sound very formal?”

“Unfortunately it is, last night I managed to talk to Mr Malfoy.”

“You can’t trust him!” suddenly spat Harry. Dumbledore quickly looked at Harry silencing any other outburst he may have wanted to say.

“Whether that is true or not I have to investigate the matter. As I said I have spoken to Mr Malfoy last night and as you can imagine his story is quite different to what you are about to tell me. Normally I would be able to handle this but regrettably some one in the Ministry has been given details that have been known to only a few of us about Miss Delacour. That and what Mr Malfoy is claiming is forcing the Ministry to look into the matter of a Dangerous Creature allowed to attend Hogwarts unsupervised.”

“Dangerous?!? Gabrielle is not dangerous how could anybody?”

“I know Harry but there are laws in this country, Laws that even I cannot get round. The Ministry, Aurors most likely, will be here soon and they will start their own investigation I fear, so it would be for the best that I know the full story. So then Miss Bones can you tell me what happened.”

Each person relayed what he or she had done the previous night with Dumbledore taking a few notes here and there. Eventually it was Gabrielle’s turn and she relayed the story almost identically to one she gave the night before. The only thing that wasn’t mentioned was Harry’s new magic.

“You say a note lured you to that room.”

“Yes sir.”

“And this note was destroyed.”

“Yes.”

“You didn’t try and sexually attack the four Slytherin Boy’s.”

“No Professor.”

“Very well, you can all go to your next class. I think for the time being that you Miss Delacour should miss your Defence classes as they are with Slytherin house and they are...upset at the moment. I suspect that the Ministry will want to talk to you when they arrive... so be ready.” Harry was sure that the Professor had looked hard at Susan and Hermione when he had said those words.

“You have a little time before the next class I suggest that you spend it in the library catching up on some study.”

Everyone nodded and rose leaving the two adults talking.

“Do you think they can see the hint?” asked McGonagall after everyone left.

“I’m sure that Miss Bones and Miss Granger did I just hope they can find something for I can see no other solution at the moment, she will have to be expelled at the very least.

**

Outside Susan and Hermione almost started to drag everyone towards the library in a mad rush.

“Come on Hermione Dumbledore didn’t really mean...” wined Ron.

“Oh Ron you didn’t see it?”

“What?”

“He’s giving us a warning and some time.” Replied Susan quickly.

“What for?” asked Ginny.

“To research in the library.” Said Luna now understanding.

“Am I the only thick one here?” asked Ron looking even more confused.

“Yes!” replied Ginny as she too thought she could see now what the others were saying.

“Would someone please tell me...”

Hermione sighed deeply before she started to explain it to Ron.

“Dumbledore told us that new information had come to light.”

“Yes, but....”

“He also said that the Ministry was looking into the case of dangerous magical creatures attending unsupervised.”

“But Gabrielle...”

“No but a Veela is, I bet there is a law or two about them and they are still classed as dangerous or the very least sub-human. That was the warning, we have to find the laws so we can stop them proving that Gabrielle is a Veela.”

“But she is, isn’t she?”

“No but if they prove it....”

“They will expel me from the school.” Finished Gabrielle in a very sorrowful voice.

Harry took Gabrielle’s hand and gave it a slight squeeze, fighting off the emotion that was invoked with the slight contact. Looking at the others he said. “Let’s go, I’m sure between us we can stop all of this.”

With a grim determination the seven set off for the library, and hopefully an answer.
Sign up to rate and review this story