Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 16: Valley of the Horses

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Valley of the Horses

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2008-03-16 - Updated: 2008-03-16 - 2445 words - Complete

4Original
Clanluna



Chapter 16: Valley of the Horses







Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling



Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel







Luna’s Clan List



Deceased members:

Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka
Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza
---Creb (37) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem),
---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla
---Ebra (41) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother
---------Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)
Dorv
Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun







Living Members

Zar (22) ½ Clan man, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte (Ursus Totem)
---Luna (22) – Leader, 1st Weech (Snorkack totem)
-------Zeen – (3) ½ Clan son of Luna, 2nd Weez-Ur (Ursus Totem)
---------Ansalong (11) - Owl
---------Winter Sleeper (2) – Cave Bear
--------Durc (5) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (3) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter, 3rd Weech (Unicorn Totem)



Vorn (15) – 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (10) – Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate
------Uma (1) - Uba’s daughter



Goov (22) – mog-ur, 11th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (20) – Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)
------Oogra (1) – Ovra’s daughter


Groog (27) – 1/8 Clan man, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (23) - of the Others, 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother)
------Griga (1) – Iga’s daughter



Broog (21) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (20) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts
------Eva (9) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (6) – ½ Clan son of Ena


Crug (24) – 5th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (22) – Crug’s mate
------Crik (1) – Ika’s son
---Oga (19) – Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
------Grev (6) – Oga’s 2nd son
------Dorv (1) Oga’s 3rd son


Vorv (19) – ½ Clan, 6th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (17) – ½ Clan mate of Vorv
------Broov (6) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (5) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Vorva (1) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva



Borg (11) – 7th Ranked male hunter, (Boar totem)
---Ona (11) – Borg’s mate (Owl totem)
------Bona (1) Ona’s daughter



Brac (10) – Oga’s 1st son, 8th Ranked hunter (Bison totem)
---Igra (8) – Ika’s daughter, Brac’s Mate



Brun (35) – former leader, 10th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Aba (37) (ground squirrel totem) Brun’s mate



Grod (31) – son of the mate of Zoug, 12th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (27) – Ebra’s sister, Grod’s Mate



Droog (33) – toolmaker, Aga’s mate, 13th Ranked male hunter
---Aga (26) – Droog’s mate
------Groob (8) – Aga’s son, 9th Ranked male Hunter





Ekwus (2) – Leader of the Centaur Herd
--- 5 Unicorns – Ekwus’ Mates.

---Ayla (16) – Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)



Ayla went on foot to visit Ekwus. All of his mares were pregnant and were soon to deliver. Climbing onto the centaur’s back, the two of them set off hunting. They had gone some distance from the valley when Ekwus came to an abrupt halt, slamming Ayla forward into his back. A sound was ringing off the hills! The sound of a lion roaring and a human screaming!



Chapter 16: Valley of the Horses



“Let’s go!” commanded Ayla, in English, as she held tight to Ekwus’ back.



Pulling a throwing spear from his harness, the centaur charged forward. When the came over the hill, the pair saw two men fighting a cave lion. One was badly mangled and limply hanging from the cave lion’s mouth before he was tossed aside. The other futilely tried to fend of the cave lion with a spear. But the big cat was too quick. It reared up and slashed the man’s leg with a claw.



In another world, this lion might have been raised from a cub by Ayla. Under her care, it would have grown much larger than was usual for cave lions. She would have named him, Baby. But with out her care, Baby had grown as was normal for a pride cubs, scavenging what was left after the adult of the pride had eaten, He was only average sized for a cave lion, twice the size of an African lion. When he became old enough, Baby had been cast out of the pride to become a lone male. Recently, he had found a lioness and the two of them were starting their own pride.



“Petificus Totalis!” yelled Ayla, once she had drawn her wand from her belt.



Instantly, the cave lion stiffened and fell backwards. Ekwus threw a spear at the same time, which grazed the cave lion’s neck as it fell backwards.



As soon as they got close to the two men, Ayla leaped from the centaur’s back and rush to the injured men. The brown-haired one that had been attacked first was obviously dead. She turned to the other one as saw consciousness leave his eyes as a pool of blood formed around him. Ayla pounced on him and tired to use pressure to try to staunch the flow of blood from his leg. It wasn’t working! Now that it was warmer, she was wearing summer wrap around her hips and a band to hold her breasts down that she usually wore when hunting. She untied her top and tried to make a makeshift tourniquet out of it. Thankfully, the flow of blood stopped.



“We need to get him back your cave so that this Medicine Woman can try to heal him,” signed Ayla. “Do you think you could carry him on your back?”



“This centaur has a better idea,” replied Ekwus. “This centaur had been meaning to show this too you anyway. It is something this centaur figured out as a way to carry his kills back after hunts.”



Ekwus pulled a hand axe out of his belt pouch and began cutting some small trees.



While he was busy with this, Ayla decided to bury the other man.



“Wingardium Leviosa!” shouted Ayla as she levitated the brown haired corpse. Over to the wall of the canyon. She then, levitated some rocks into burying him. Ayla paused for a moment. She felt that something should be done for the dead man of the Others, but she was neither a mog-ur nor a clanluna.



“In the name of Ursus and the Great Mother, I ask the spirits to guide this man to the Spirit World,” signed Ayla.



Looking down, she saw a strange iridescent stone. She picked it up and turned to show it to Ewkus. She then, saw that the centaur had made a triangle out of the trees lashed together with a small platform at the bottom.



“What is that?” asked Ayla.



“This centaur calls it a travois,” replied Ekwus. “Using this allows this centaur to carry the whole animal back to my cave to butcher.”



After helping Ayla lift the man onto the platform, Ekwus lifted the point of the triangle onto his back and started pulling the travois.



“Shouldn’t we get the lion skin?” asked Ekwus.



“There’s not time! We have to save this man!” admonished Ayla.



Some time after they left, the charm wore off and the lion shook hims self before running off.



EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE



The approached Ekwus’ cave by the river, his herd was grazing in the field. Ayla and Ekwus ignored the unicorns and proceeded up the path to the cave. After Ekwus relieved himself of the travois, Ayla began tending to her patient.



“This Medicine Woman will need to make some tea,” announced Ayla, having noticed that Ekwus’ fire had gone out.



Pulling her knife off of her belt, Ayla began cutting the tunic and leggings off of the man. She didn’t have time to notice that they were made in a different style than the ones that Iga had taught them to make. Once she had removed his blood stained clothes, she washed his wounds. He had been marked by the cave lions just like her! Looking at his wounds, she didn’t know how they could heal shut. If only the could tie them together some how! Getting a moment of inspiration, Ayla grabbed a stick and transfigured it into a needle.



When Luna had tried to teach Ayla transfiguration, she found that Alya could transfigure things into something that she didn’t know how to make. So Ayla was unable to learn how to transfigure splinters into steel needles. But once Luna had explained the purpose of a needle, Ayla had examined Luna’s steel needle in detail and made one out of mammoth ivory. Once he’d seen her crude needle, Groob had started making better ones. They worked much better for sewing leather than Iga’s method and pretty soon, all of the mixed women of the Clan were using them for sewing. Now Ayla could easily transfigure sticks into the ivory needles used for sewing leather.



Setting her wand down, Ayla began sewing the man’s wounds shut. But before she could finish, Ekwus had already gotten a roaring fire going.



“Heat some water for tea,” instructed Ayla as she continued sewing. Once she was finished, she began digging through her medicine bag for herbs to make a healing tea for her patient. She needed something to help him build up his blood again, and something for the pain . . . Her mind wandered into theories of how to use her knowledge of potions to make something that wasn’t in the 1st year books she had studied over the winter. Finally, she had made he selections, made the tea, and dipped her fingers in it before putting them in the man’s mouth. She could risk him choking, but she needed to get at least a little tea in him. After repeated attempts, she stopped and gazed at the man. He obviously was a man of the Others. Of course, Groog appeared to be a man of the Others too, and he was mixed. Finally, she turned to Ekwus.



“How did you get the fire started so quickly?” asked Ayla.



“With this,” said Ekwus, as he held up a piece of iron pyrite. “This centaur calls it a fire stone. This centaur discovered it when he made a mistake while trying to make tool. Here, let me show you how it works.”



LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL



After a day of training the snorkacks to pull a chariot, Luna returned to the cave to make dinner for Zeen. She was surprised to see that Ayla was not back yet, so she made dinner for Zar, Durc and Iza too. When they had eaten and Ayla still hadn’t returned, Luna became worried. She wrote a note and tied it to Ansalong’s leg.



“Could you take this to Ayla?” asked Luna, in English.



“Hoot!” replied the Owl before flying off.



“Luna!” called Zar before giving Luna the Signal.



Luna giggled with glee as she slipped out of her wrap and crawled into the furs she shared with Zar and Ayla.



Durc rolled his eyes before leaving the hearth to look for Greb. Adults could be so yucky, sometimes.



EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE



As the sun went down, the unicorns returned to the cave for the night. In the middle of the night, Ayla was nudged awake by something cold and wet. When the opened her eyes she saw, in the dim light of the remains of the fire, a unicorn’s nose in her face.



“What’s the matter?” Ayla asked the Unicorn. “Oh! You’re in labor!”



Throwing another log on the fire, Ayla put her wrap back on and started making some tea to keep herself awake.



“Hoot!” Ansalong arrived with her message from Luna.



Untying the message from the owl’s leg, Ayla read:



Ayla,



Are you okay?



Luna



The note was on parchment, another thing that Ayla couldn’t transfigure. Ayla pulled her quill and a pouch with some powdered ink in it along with the small bowl for the ink. She mixed the ink with a little water and dipped her quill to write back on the parchment.



I am fine. I am at Ekwus’ cave, tending to an injured man of the Others who can’t be moved.



Ayla



Tying to parchment back to Ansalong’s leg, she sent the owl back to Luna and turned her attention back to the Unicorn.



Mornings first light was coming up as the head started to crown. Other than the white color, it looked like an ordinary horse foal. She had not yet grown a horn. While Ayla was helping to catch the foal, she was startled by a voice:



“O Doni! Rehtkoslhg gsdklgjlksaf SADhgflksa!” mumbled the man of the Others.



Ayla turned and looked into the prettiest, bluest eyes she had ever seen! But as beautiful as his eyes were, she was skilled enough as a healer to recognize the signs of delirium. Who knew what he thought he was seeing?



“Ehelikdu Thonolan eklehtlkwhje slkdjfglksj!” cried out the man in alarm.



Ayla couldn’t understand a word of his English.



Once the foal was out and her dam was nudging her to stand, Ayla went to the man’s side. The tea was cold but would still be as strong.



“Here, drink this. It will make you feel better,” said Ayla, in English.



Just then, there was a popping sound as Luna apparated into the cave.



“This woman received your note when she awoke this morning,” signed Luna. “Is this-“



But Luna dropped her hands as she gazed to the bluest eyes she’d ever seen! For a moment she was enraptured to the sight of these magnificent blue eyes . . . until she realized that these were no the eyes of her daughter from her vision.



“Where is the other one?” demanded Luna.



“He was already dead when we arrived. This Medicine Woman was barely able to save this one. We buried him so the scavengers won’t get him,” replied Ayla.



“WHAT!” screeched Luna. “Where!?! You have to take me to him!”



“This Medicine Woman can’t leave him!” retorted Ayla, as she pointed to her patient, who had passed out again. “He’s too sick!”



“This centaur will take you there,” offered Ekwus. “Climb on my back.”



Luna hopped on the centaur’s back and rode off.



When they came to canyon, Ekwus pointed out the pile of rocks where the man had been buried. Luna hopped down a knelt on the pile of rocks. Waving her hand over the pile, the hand on which she wore her ring, smoke began rising out of the rocks. As it did so, the stones collapsed, since there was no longer a body beneath them. The smoke congealed into the shape of a person that gradually became more solid. When the process was complete, the brown haired man sat up and gazed at her with the eyes of her future daughter.



“Jetamio! Thekalekjflkj lkahrflkjhsa!” said the man, in alarm.
Sign up to rate and review this story