Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 17: Language Barrier

by selenepotter

Language Barrier

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Erotica - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2008-03-17 - Updated: 2008-03-17 - 3419 words - Complete

?Blocked
Clanluna



Chapter 17: Language Barrier


Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel







Luna’s Clan List



Deceased members:

Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka
Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza
---Creb (37) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem),
---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla
---Ebra (41) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother
---------Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)
Dorv
Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun







Living Members

Zar (22) ½ Clan man, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte (Ursus Totem)
---Luna (22) – Leader, 1st Weech (Snorkack totem)
-------Zeen – (3) ½ Clan son of Luna, 2nd Weez-Ur (Ursus Totem)
---------Ansalong (11) - Owl
---------Winter Sleeper (2) – Cave Bear
--------Durc (5) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (3) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter, 3rd Weech (Unicorn Totem)

Vorn (15) – 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (10) – Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate
------Uma (1) - Uba’s daughter

Goov (22) – mog-ur, 11th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (20) – Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)
------Oogra (1) – Ovra’s daughter


Groog (27) – 1/8 Clan man, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (23) - of the Others, 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother)
------Griga (1) – Iga’s daughter



Broog (21) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (20) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts
------Eva (9) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (6) – ½ Clan son of Ena


Crug (24) – 5th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (22) – Crug’s mate
------Crik (1) – Ika’s son
---Oga (19) – Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
------Grev (6) – Oga’s 2nd son
------Dorv (1) Oga’s 3rd son


Vorv (19) – ½ Clan, 6th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (17) – ½ Clan mate of Vorv
------Broov (6) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (5) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Vorva (1) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva



Borg (11) – 7th Ranked male hunter, (Boar totem)
---Ona (11) – Borg’s mate (Owl totem)
------Bona (1) Ona’s daughter



Brac (10) – Oga’s 1st son, 8th Ranked hunter (Bison totem)
---Igra (8) – Ika’s daughter, Brac’s Mate



Brun (35) – former leader, 10th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Aba (37) (ground squirrel totem) Brun’s mate



Grod (31) – son of the mate of Zoug, 12th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (27) – Ebra’s sister, Grod’s Mate



Droog (33) – toolmaker, Aga’s mate, 13th Ranked male hunter
---Aga (26) – Droog’s mate
------Groob (8) – Aga’s son, 9th Ranked male Hunter





Ekwus (2) – Leader of the Centaur Herd
--- 5 Unicorns – Ekwus’ Mates.
------Unicorn foal (0)

---Ayla (16) – Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, Ekwus’ adopted mother (Cave Lion totem)

Jondalar of the Zelandonii (19) – flintknapper, Thonolan’s brother (Cave Lion totem)

Thonolan of the Sharamudoi (17) – Woodworker, Jondalar’s brother. (Cave Lion totem)





When they came to canyon, Ekwus pointed out the pile of rocks where the man had been buried. Luna hopped down a knelt on the pile of rocks. Waving her hand over the pile, the hand on which she wore her ring, smoke began rising out of the rocks. As it did so, the stones collapsed, since there was no longer a body beneath them. The smoke congealed into the shape of a person that gradually became more solid. When the process was complete, the brown haired man sat up and gazed at her with the eyes of her future daughter.



“Jetamio! Thekalekjflkj lkahrflkjhsa!” said the man, in alarm.



Chapter 17: Language Barrier



“This woman thinks he’s scared of you,” signed Luna to the Centaur. “Why don’t you go ahead back to your cave? This woman will apparate him there.”



“Yes, we shouldn’t stay here,” signed Ekwus. “The Cave Lion might come back.”



As the centaur began galloping away, Luna turned and put her arm around the strange man of the Others. With a spin and a pop! She apparated them back to Ekwus’ cave. The brown-haired man jumped away in shock from Luna as soon as they appeared. Then, he spotted his brother.



“Jondolar! Thelkahjlkj;fsflk LSKKJflkjsa lskdjf!” said the brown-haired man, as he rushed to the side of his brother.



The man continued to babble in his strange language. As Luna listened, her thoughts went back to when Language Families had been covered in her Ancient Runes class. She knew that over time, languages tended to give birth to child languages. For example, Latin, the language of the Roman Empire had, over time, given birth to Spanish, French, Italian, Romanian and other languages. In the same manner, an old Germanic language had given birth to German, Dutch, Norweigian, English and others. But if you traced back to 8,000 years before her time, the would find a language in Turkey called Indo-European, a language who’s descendants were most of the languages of Europe, Iran and northern India. There are of course other language families. For example, the Semitic family includes Arabic and Hebrew, the Ural-Altaic Family included Hungarian, Estonian and Finnish, and the Dravidian Family includes the languages of southern India. All of these families traced their history back to a Super-family called Nostratic that existed 13,000 years before her time in Iraq. Nostratic’s descendants also included Mongolian, Japanese and Korean.



At the same time that Nostradic had been spoken, there was another super-root language whose descendants included Basque, Etruscan, Chinese and Navaho.



But Luna was so far in the past that Nostratic and , Basque/Etruscan/Chinese/Navaho might have merged. Or perhaps the language this man was speaking was a member of some other family that had gone extinct by historical times. Luna was interrupted from her musings by Ayla.



“This Woman can’t understand a word of his English,” signed Ayla.



“He’s not speaking English,” replied Luna. “The language of the Others had changed a lot by my time. This woman can’t understand him either. We need to get Iga to translate.”



With that, Luna apparated away. The brown-haired man stared at where she had been.



CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC



There was a “popping” sound back at the cave as Luna appeared. Several of the women jumped in surprise. Most of them had never gotten used to their Leader’s ability to appear out of thin air. Several of the women were sitting outside the cave weaving baskets.



“Ayla has found an injured man of the Others,” signed Luna. “This woman needs you to translate, Iga.”



“Let this women come too,” signed Uba. “This woman would like to help.”



“This woman will hook up the chariot while you get your Medicine Woman supplies,” signed Iga. She knew how much apparating disturbed Uba.



“Fine. This woman will go back to Ayla,” signed Luna. “Meet us at Ekwus’ cave.”



Luna went to her hearth to grab her trunk, then, apparated back to Ekwus’ Cave to help Ayla with the care of her patient.



The brown-haired man yelped in surprise when Luna appeared next to him.



“Iga is bringing Uba and some supplies,” signed Luna as she pulled out and enlarged her trunk.



“Good, this woman wasn’t prepared for long term care,” replied Ayla as she continued to try to get the tea into the unconscious blonde-haired man. “What are you making?”



“A blood replenishing potion,” replied Luna, as she pulled out her potion-making supplies. Luna knew that this would use more of her irreplaceable potions ingredients, so she admonished Ayla to watch carefully. There wouldn’t be another opportunity for Ayla to see this potion made.



When she got to a point where she needed to let the potion simmer, she turned to the brown-haired man.



“Luna” said Luna, as she tapped her chest.



The man seemed to understand and tapped his own chest, saying: “Thonolan dsalkjf Sharamudoi, sadljtlksdth Zelandonii adsjklhrfkjsah selkjhfkjsh”



This was too much for them, so, Luna repeated her self in tapping her chest and saying her name before pointing at the man. This time he seemed to get the idea.



“Thonolan” said the brown-hair man.



“Thonlan?” repeated Luna.



“Thon-o-lan” said the man, more slowly.



“Thon-o-lan” repeated Luna. “Thonolan!”



When the stranger smiled at her for getting his name right, Luna felt herself blush as she smiled back at her. His eyes were the same shade of blue as Ayla’s and seeing those eyes on the face of a man, awaked a deep longing in her. When he pointed at her and recited her name, it was the sexiest sound she’d ever heard.



He then pointed at the other woman in the cave.



“Ayla,” said Ayla, as she pointed to herself.



“Aila?” replied Thonolan.



“Ay-la” repeated Ayla.



“Ay-la, Ayla!” replied Thonolan.



Ayla then pointed at her patient.



“Jondolar” said Thonolan as he pointed to his brother.



“Dyondar?” asked Ayla.



“Jon-do-lar” said Thonolan, more slowly.



“Dyon-duh-lar?” tried Ayla, as Luna correctly enounced the name.



Ayla had just gotten it right when the clop, clop of hooves announced Ekwus’ return to his cave. He was not alone. Trailing behind him, was a heavily pregnant unicorn.



“The sun tells this centaur that she will go into labor tonight,” signed Ekwus.



Uba and Iga are on their way, so there should be plenty of people to help out tonight,” replied Luna.



When Luna glanced at Thonolan, she saw the fear in his eyes.



“There is no danger. He is safe,” signed Luna, as she patted the back of the horse part of the centaur. “Let this woman ride you so he’ll know you’re safe,”



Ekwus trotted down to the field as Luna coaxed Thonolan to follow. Once they were there, Luna climbed onto the back of the centaur and shouted: “Mush!”



Ekwus bolted into action and ran as fast as he could with Luna squealing with delight on his back. They made a wide circle before coming back to Thonolan. Luna laughed at the shocked look on his face and tried to coax him into riding the centaur, but she was unable to make him believe she really wanted him to climb onto and ride this strange horse-man thing.



They returned to the cave and Luna tried to get Thonolan to teach them bits of his language. Finally, they heard the arrival and the chariot. Soon, Iga and Uba walked up the path to the cave. Thonolan smiled at Iga, but as soon as he got a good look at Uba, he looked alarmed.



“Thonolan, calm down, they’re friends,” assured Luna, in English. She hoped her tone would calm him down even though he couldn’t understand her words. “Iga, I need you to translate what he’s saying for us.”



“She-who-Serves the Mother for the Clanluna greets you,” signed Iga, before holding out her hands in greeting.



Thonolan clasped her hands and said: : “Thonolan dsalkjf Sharamudoi, sadljtlksdth Zelandonii adsjklhrfkjsah selkjhfkjsh”



Seeing her puzzled expression, Thonolan said “dkhjrkjhwkj slkdhfkjash wekjhkjh”



He then spotted Uba had moved close to his brother and shouted: “Jondolar! Dejhkjsadk dsjahfkjdsah sadfkjh!”



Uba and Ayla cringed, as Uba continued to pull supplies out of her basket and set them next to Ayla.



“This woman does not have his words,” signed Iga. “He must be a Mammoth Hunter, not one of this woman’s first people.”



“Why don’t you get him to speak in the old language that all Others use?” aksed Uba.



“The Others don’t have any such language,” replied Luna. “Each group of clans has their on language. So there’s no one in the world who speaks English except the members of our Clan that I have taught. It would be better to learn their language so that we can communicate with their clan of the Others.”



At this point, Luna needed to return to her potion brewing. So Ayla and Iga paid close attention. Finally, it was done.



Luna then pulled her wand from behind her ear and enervated the patient. When Jondolar opened his eyes and gazed at Iga, she gasped! She’s never seen such mesmerizing bright blue eye’s before. She sat there, entranced, by his eyes as Luna coaxed him into drinking his potion, followed by a bowl of Ayla’s tea. When he closed his eye’s and went back to sleep, Iga continued to stare at the man with golden hair and the magnificent eyes. She was finally broken from her trance by Uba:



“Wow! This woman thought Iga was the ugliest person she’d ever seen until she saw him,” signed Uba. “He’s hideous! Did you see those eyes of his? It was like looking at the sky!”



“We Others have different standards of Beauty that the Clan,” signed Luna. “You might think Ayla and Iga are ugly by Clan standards, but to my eyes, There are two of the most beautiful women I’ve ever met.”



“Well, whether he’s ugly or pretty, we can’t move him until he’s recovered some more,” explained Ayla, as the other women nodded their agreement.



“This woman will stay with you and help take care of Jondolar,” signed Iga, as she spontaneously made up a sign for Jondolar’s name. “Luna can drive the chariot back to our Cave and take Uba. This way, Our Clan won’t be missing both our Medicine Women.”



“That sounds like a good idea,” agreed Luna. “Besides, this woman wants to take Thonolan back to our cave, so he’ll know how to get there. Don’t worry, this woman will take care of your families while you’re here.”



After packing up and shrinking her trunk, Luna coaxed Thonolan down the path from Ekwus’ cave with Uba following behind. Luna could tell that Thonolan was surprised when he first saw the team of bright purple reindeer with a sigle crumpled horn growing from their heads instead of antlers. He also didn’t seem to understand the purpose of the chariot as he’d never even seen a wheel before. With some encouragement, Luna was able to coax him onto the chariot and with a flick of the reins and a shout of: “Mush!” she started back to her cave.



CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC



On the way back, they passed a group of men hunting in the distance. Luna waved a greeting to Zar as they passed and continued on. When they arrived at the cave, Thonolan seemed again surprised by the herd of Snorkacks grazing near the entrance of the cave. When Luna stopped the chariot and began unhooking the tack from the team before hobbling them, Thonolan observed what she was doing carefully before pitching in to help her. While they were occupied with this, Uba went back to the Cave to get her collecting basket. She would need to collect some more herbs to send to Ayla tomorrow.



Luna then led Thonolan into the cave. After his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he seemed alarmed by the old men and women of the Clan who were in the cave. Luna led him to her hearth and showed him the sleeping furs. She tried her best with gestures to explain that this was where he would be sleeping tonight. She then spent a little more time trying to get him to teach her his language before going out to milk the snorkacks. The males were kept hobbled so they couldn’t go far and the females stayed in their vicinity. Thonolan followed her out to the herd and was very surprised by her activities.



After, the herd had been milked, Thonolan helped her carry the bowls of milk and distribute one to each hearth. Luna then began preparing a large dinner for her’s Zar’s and Groog’s Hearths. When the men returned from the hunt with an aurochs, Luna rushed out to help butcher it. She was surprised that Thonolan pitched in to help. Perhaps his people did not have tasks as gender-defined as the Clan did before she took over. Still, He did seemed nervous, at first about the men of the Clan, especially the mixed ones.



Once the women had finished with the aurochs, they went down to the river to wash the blood off of themselves and their wraps. Thonolan joined them, sticking close to Luna. She noticed him staring at her body with interest and arousal as after she had taken off her wrap to wash it. So when she was done, she cast a drying charm on it and herself and draped her wrap over her shoulder. She then cast a drying charm on him and his clothes. Seeing that he was having trouble looking at her eyes, Luna blushed and smiled at him before beckoning for him to come back to the cave. Nudity carried no taboo for the Clan and the other women of the clan had also carried there wraps back to the cave before donning a fresh one. The only thing unusual about this is that Luna didn’t put on a fresh wrap when she got over to her hearth. She finished preparing dinner as the rest of the Clan straggled in. With signs, she indicated to Zar and Groog that she would be preparing dinner for them.



But Thonolan’s biggest shock was when a cave bear ambled into the cave surrounded by a flock of children! A mixed spirit boy was riding on the back of the bear! Thonolan leaped for a spear in alarm! Zar stepped in front of him and gently took the spear from his hands. Thonolan may not have understood his signs, but his calm demeanor showed that these people did not fear the cave bear. The children went to different hearths and much to Thonolan’s alarm, the bear and its’ rider came to the hearth he was at! The boy slid off the bear as the bear sat at in the hearth. Luna set a bowl of food in front of the cave bear, then carried another to Zar. He tapped her on the shoulder and she handed the bowl to him. She then carried a bowl to Groog. He tapped her an the shoulder and she handed it to him. Thonolan had caught on by the time she had brought him a bowl. He observed her do the same for Durc and Zeen. But she didn’t wait from permission to serve Iza and she nursed Griga. Zeen was recently weaned but she still occasionally nursed Iza.



“So who is this strange man of the Others?” asked Zar.



“His name is Thonolan,” replied Luna. “He and another man of the Others were attacked by a cave lion. The other man is badly injured. Ayla and Iga will be taking care of him at Ekwus’ cave for a few day’s until he is well enough to move here. He’ll be staying at my hearth for now.”



Both the men nodded. When they saw that she had not gotten dressed after her bath, each of them thought she might be planning to Share Pleasures with them. But seeing the look in her eyes every time she glanced at the stranger, they knew she wanted him tonight. Each of them had seen that look directed at them before and knew what it meant. So after they finished their dinners, they returned to their hearths, taking their children with them. Zar took Zeen with him, to give them some privacy. Wintersleeper had long since finished his bowl and gone off to beg from other hearths and Ansalong had gone out hunting for the night.



And so, after casting a quick cleaning charm on the dishes and putting them away, Luna sat on the sleeping furs and patted the fur beside her. Thonolan smiled as he sat down next to her. When he grasped her chin, she tilted her head towards him and leaned forward so he could kiss her. When their lips touched, she felt an electric spark pass between that ran all the way down to her loins. She hummed with pleasure as she parted her lips to allow him entrance. When she began snaking her hands underneath his tunic, he stood up and removed his clothes as she lay back and smiled at him. Once he had done so, he knelt and hovered over her kissing her lips and kissing his way down so he could lick her until her need had been relieved. Her moans echoed throughout the cave as she reached her peak over and over. He kissed his way back up until she tasted herself on his tongue. Then she gasped as he entered her. They peaked together and as they relaxed in each other’s arms, Luna realized that they’d just made a baby. . . her baby girl with his blue eyes!
Sign up to rate and review this story