Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 15: Mother Festival

by selenepotter

Luna mourns, the Clanluna puts on a Mother Festival, Training Snorkacks

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [?] [Y] - Published: 2008-03-13 - Updated: 2008-03-13 - 3182 words - Complete

?Blocked
Clanluna



Chapter 15: Mother Festival







Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling



Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel







Luna’s Clan List



Deceased members:

Iga – mother of Ebra and Uka

Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza

---Creb (37) – former Mog-Ur, 1st Weez-Ur (Roe Deer/Ursus totem),

---Iza (28) – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla

---Ebra (41) – Brun’s mate, Broud’s mother

---------Broud (21) – former Leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)

Dorv

Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun






Living Members

---Luna (22) – Leader, 1st Weech (Snorkack totem)
-------Zeen – (3) ½ Clan son of Luna, 2nd Weez-Ur (Ursus Totem)
---------Ansalong (11) - Owl
---------Winter Sleeper (2) – Cave Bear



Zar (22) ½ Clan man, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte (Ursus Totem)
---Ayla (16) – Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Durc (5) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (3) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter, 3rd Weech (Unicorn Totem)



Vorn (15) – 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (10) – Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate
------Uma (1) - Uba’s daughter



Goov (22) – mog-ur, 11th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (20) – Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)
------Oogra (1) – Ovra’s daughter

Groog (27) – 1/8 Clan man, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (23) - of the Others, 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother)
------Griga (1) – Iga’s daughter



Broog (21) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (20) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts
------Eva (9) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (6) – ½ Clan son of Ena

Crug (24) – 5th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (22) – Crug’s mate
------Crik (1) – Ika’s son
---Oga (19) – Crug’s 2nd mate, Broud’s widow (hamster totem)
------Grev (6) – Oga’s 2nd son
------Dorv (1) Oga’s 3rd son

Vorv (19) – ½ Clan, 6th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (17) – ½ Clan mate of Vorv
------Broov (6) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (5) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Vorva (1) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva



Borg (11) – 7th Ranked male hunter, (Boar totem)
---Ona (11) – Borg’s mate (Owl totem)
------Bona (1) Ona’s daughter



Brac (10) – Oga’s 1st son, 8th Ranked hunter (Bison totem)
---Igra (8) – Ika’s daughter, Brac’s Mate



Brun (35) – former leader, 10th Ranked male hunter (Bison totem)
---Aba (37) (ground squirrel totem) Brun’s mate



Grod (31) – son of the mate of Zoug, 12th Ranked male hunter (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (27) – Ebra’s sister, Grod’s Mate



Droog (33) – toolmaker, Aga’s mate, 13th Ranked male hunter
---Aga (26) – Droog’s mate
------Groob (8) – Aga’s son, 9th Ranked male Hunter





Ekwus (2) – Leader of the Centaur Herd
--- 5 Unicorns – Ekwus’ Mates.



One morning, Luna awoke with a feeling of dread. She reached over to cuddle her mate and felt coldness.



“Creb? CREB! CREB! NO! NO! NO! YOU CAN”T BE DEAD!” wailed Luna.





Chapter 15:



Luna’s cries awoke Ayla and she rushed to the side of her friend. As soon as she saw her foster father’s body, she knew he was dead. Wrapping her arms around Luna, Ayla started Keening in grief.



“No!” yelled Luna, as she shrugged off the Medicine Woman. Luna waved her hand over her mate’s body. On this hand, she wore a very special ring. There was a glow, and Creb sat up.



“What are you doing!?!” signed Creb, with agitation. “This man has told you before that it is wrong to bring the dead back from the Spirit World!”



“But I love you!” wailed Luna.



Creb pulled her close and hugged her.



“This man’s time has passed,” signed Creb, tenderly. “It is time for this man to travel to the spirit world. If you need my advice, you may bring this man back once a year to ask questions. But for, now, send this man back. This man had led a good full life! This best part of this man’s life was his elder years, thanks to you and Ayla. Let this man go.”



Creb pulled his mate into a kiss and lay back down.



“Walk with Ursus, daughter of my hearth,” signed Creb.



“Walk with Ursus,” replied Ayla as the tears rolled down her cheeks.



Sobbing, Luna waved her hand over her mate and allowed him to return to the Spirit World.



When Zar awoke, Luna and Ayla were sobbing in each other’s arms. The whole Clan grieved over the death of their beloved former Mog-Ur.



CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC



Goov and Zar did their best to give Creb the most elaborate funeral they could. The two of them had long relied on the advice of the old man. Now he was gone. He was buried in a place of honor next to Zoug in the deep chamber.



After, the funeral, Zar approached the Clanluna.



“This man has been thinking,” began Zar. “This man would like to know more about the Great Earth Mother. Could you teach him?”



“Perhaps,” replied Clanluna. “First tell me of your dreams.”



“Last night, I dreamed of a hugely fat woman,” began Zar. “She had my mother’s face, but Luna’s hair.”



This marked the beginning of Zar’s training as One-Who-Serves-the-Mother. His training would take years. Especially since, he was also serving as Goov’s acolyte and learning Herbology and Potions with Ayla.



CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC



The days continued to get shorter as the Clanluna taught Zar what he would need to know to help with the midwinter Mother Festival. Luna had become withdrawn and sullen. Zeen was spending most of his day a Goov’s hearth as Creb’s death had prodded the mog-ur into starting the boy’s training as an acolyte. Ansalong fed herself with the mice that sheltered in the cave for the winter and fed off the plant stores of the Clan. Over the years, the Clan had become used to the Owl flying around the cave in the winter to hunt mice. Wintersleeper had retreated to her side cave to hibernate for the Winter. Luna had to be reminded to give lessons to Ayla and Zar. She’d stopped teaching the others completely. So, Ayla and her mate took on the task of teaching literacy and math to the mixed members of the Clan who were capable of comprehending it.



“Great Mother?” asked the Clanluna, as she knelt at her goddess’ feet.



“What do you want?” mumbled Luna, in English. She was still curled up in her sleeping furs.



“Tonight will be the longest night of Winter,” signed the Clanluna. “As you will recall, you gave this woman permission to add to the religious ceremonies of the Clan. This Clanluna has consulted with the mog-ur and since there is no Clan analog, tonight this Clanluna will be leading a Mother festival. You should get cleaned up and dressed nicely for the ceremony.”



Luna groaned and crawled out of bed. Alya helped the Clanluna bathe their Leader and after dinner, they helped her into a purple calf-length robe and her Eagle Hat. Ayla wore a clean, Clan-style wrap and her Lion Hat.



Zar called the Clan over to a large fire he and the Clanluna had built in the center of the Cave in the space between the hearths. Once the whole Clan had gathered, the Clanluna, the One-Who-Serves-The-Mother stepped forward and addressed them.



“With the permission of our Leader, this woman has been adding to the ceremonies of the Clan. This woman has taught the men of the Clan the joys of Sharing Pleasures and they have shared this knowledge with their mates. Then, when Igra became a woman, we had her First Rites. Tonight, on the longest night of the year, we will be performing a Mother Ceremony.”



At this cue, the children began drumming out a rhythm on overturned bowls. Clanluna had taught them the rhythms that she had learned from her original people. She picked up a bowl and held it aloft.



“Our Sacrament tonight, is a special tea, made from a blend of sacred mushrooms. You may notice that it is different from the taste of the root teas used in Clan ceremonies. The children should not drink. Those of us who are old enough will have a sip,” signed Clanluna, before carrying the bowl around to give a sip to each member of the Clan. Once the bowl had gone around, she finished it.



“While we are waiting for the tea to take affect we will be doing some dances,” signed Clanluna. “As the night progresses, each woman should try to dance with each man. Eventually, the women will pick a man to go off to the furs with and Share Pleasures. This man a woman chooses, may or may not be her mate. Now here are the steps of the dance.”



Zar took the Clanluna’s hand and led her through the steps of the dance, just as she had taught him. The members of the Clan had never seen such a dance, danced as a couple. After they danced for a while, Zar released Iga and pulled Ayla into the light of the fire to dance around it with him. The Clanluna glided over to Vorv and coaxed him to dance with her. Seeing this, Ena grabbed Broog and pulled him into the middle to dance around the fire. Soon the whole Clan was dancing with varying levels of skill. Periodically, they switched partners. Despite herself, Luna found herself laughing as her hat called out, to be answered by Ayla’s and Ansalong. The euphoria of the tea was upon the Clan before they’d realized it. Ayla was already feeling giddy when she noticed that the dirt floor of the cave was glowing with an iridescent purple light. The Medicine Woman training was making her analyze the effects the tea was having on her. She noticed that she was tingling all over, especially in her more sensitive areas. The feeling made her want to relieve her needs! When Groog started pulling her towards his hearth, she was more than willing to go!



After stepping over the boundry stones of his hearth, Groog pulled Ayla into a kiss. She responded eagerly as she parted his lips with her tongue. Groog pulled her close as he responded hungrily to her kiss. As they tongue danced, Groog untied her wraps. Once he’d has done so, Ayla pulled away and her wraps fell to the floor. Only the pressure of their bodies had held them up. She lay on the furs facing him as he struggled to remove his tunic, leggings, and boots. Ayla couldn’t wait for him and her hand found its’ way between her legs as she started without him. Ayla was moaning quite loudly when Groog pressed his mouth to hers and picked up where they’d left off. When she felt the stiff head of his organ brush against her hand between her legs, she guided him in.



As she reached peak after peak, she closed her eyes and felt her soul becoming one with Groog’s and they with the whole Clan’s as she felt her consciousness pulled to another world.



The Clanluna had gotten the largest dose of the sacrament. If not for her expertise with this ceremony, she could have easily lost herself to the joy she was experiencing! But she kept her wits about her as she watched Ena lead Vorn away to his hearth. Uba, seeing this, led Borg away to his hearth. Then, Zar went back to his hearth with Luna. Uva left with Crug. Groob with Igra. Brac with Ona. Grod looked into the former leader’s eyes for permission before taking Aba. He never would have considered reliving his needs with Ebra when she had been alive. So Droog took Uka and Brun took Aga. Next, Goov left with Ika. Broog escorted Oga off. That left Vorv as the last available man. Taking him by the hand, the Clanluna danced the ½ Clan man back to his hearth. As expected, her climaxes allowed her to link souls with the rest of the Clan and receive visions from the Spirit world.



Luna was trembling with excitement as Zar led her back to his hearth. While she’d Shared Pleasures with both Ayla and Zar, and with Ayla alone, many times. This was her first time alone with her best friend’s mate. He seemed bigger this time as wave after wave of bliss washed across her. She felt their soul merge and then with the rest of the Clan before she began having visions of the future. Luna was skill enough at divination to recognize the difference between hallucinations and visions of the future. She saw two men of the Others. One brown haired. One blonde. Then she saw herself nursing her baby daughter who looked up at her with the same blue eyes as her mate.



LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL



The next morning, Luna woke up curled in the arms of Zar. She smiled as she remembered the Joy he had brought her last night and the her daughter’s eyes. Turning, She kissed Zar, who stirred in his sleep, before going to relieve herself and get cleaned up. By the time she got back, Ayla had already started cooking the morning meal for both their hearths.



“Here let me help you,” offered Luna as she noticed to the contented smile on Ayla’s face.



“You look much happier,” observed Ayla. “This woman believes that Zar must have done a good job of relieving your needs?”



“Oh Yes!” said Luna, blushing. “And while he was relieving my needs, I saw a vision of the future.” Soon, my new mate will be here. Until then, would you mind if I shared the furs with you and Zar?”



“You are always welcome to share my furs, with or without Zar,” replied Ayla.



“I’m sorry that I’ve been so mopey lately,” admitted Luna. “But now that Zar’s helped me cast off the wrackspurt, we’ve got a lot to do! After breakfast, I’m going to start lessons again. And then we need to finish training the Snorkacks!”



LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL



Luna resumed teaching magic to Ayla and Zar. She also went back to teaching Clanluna and the other mixed members of the Clan reading and math.



After a few hours of this, Luna donned her tunic, leggings, boots and parka to venture out into the snow. Pulling out her wand, she transfigured a fallen tree into a sleigh. She then, hooked up the geldlings to the tack she had previously made for the Snorkacks.



“What are you doing Luna?” asked Ayla, who had come out to see what her friend was doing.



“Training the Snorkacks,” replied Luna, as she guesured to the sleigh. “Get in.”



It took some instruction from Luna before Ayla understood she was supposed to sit on the bench of the sleigh. Then Luna climbed next to her and violently flicked the reigns.



“Gidiup!” shouted Luna.



The Snorkacks ran wildly in fright, pulling the sleigh behind them.



Ayla laughed in delight as the freezing wind whipped onto her face. She’d never imagined that such a thing was possible!



It took a couple of hours of training before they got the sleigh back to the cave, This was the start of a daily practice of training the Snorkack to pull the sleigh just as reindeer would later be domesticated into doing. Many of the mixed members of the Clan and the children wanted to ride in the sleigh. But the full Clan adults were suspicious of the strange device. By the end of winter, the women-who-hunt had all learned to drive the sleigh and used it for Winter hunting, something the Clan had never done before. They also used to sleigh to visit Ekwus. He and his herd were sheltering in a small cave in his valley.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA



One day, Ayla and Iga were riding back from a hunt when it started snowing again. They had not managed to catch anything. As they headed towards the cave, the snow came down harder and harder. They were on the steppes and there were few landmarks. Finally, the wind had pickedup enough to cause a whiteout. The wind and snow was so thick that they couldn’t even see the lead snorkacks. They couldn’t make out any landmarks! They couldn’t tell where they were going!



“What do we do?” shouted Ayla, in English.



Iga tried to reply, but in the blinding snow, Ayla couldn’t see her signs clearly. Finally, she gave up and pulled the mammoth fur blanket over their heads.



“We’ll just let the Snorkacks go where they want, for now,” said Ayla, in English. “We can look for landmarks after the storm dies down.



Iga responded by pulling Ayla close and spooning her, desperately trying to keep warm.



LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL



When the Blizzard had Struck, Luna became worried. Her crystal ball showed only whiteness. Her tarot cards were reassuring, but she kept doing reading after reading, snapping at Zeen and Iza when they asked too many questions. Finally, Luna saw what she wanted in the cards. She jumped up and ran to the mouth of the cave. She gazed into to the whiteness trying to find her friends. Pulling out her wand, she lit it brightly, hoping to see something.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA



After several hours, Ayla noticed that their movement had stopped. Sticking their heads out, they look for some sign of their location, but all thew saw was whiteness. Suddenly, a light flared on their right side. Ayla realized that it was Luna and pulled out her own wand.



“Incendio!” yelled Ayla, as a jet of flame shot out of her wand. The wind was howling so loudly that she didn’t even hear herself shout the incantation.



When Luna was the light of the flame, she conjured a rope, tied it to the edge of the screen at the mouth of the cave and waded out into the storm. Luna had to magically, amplify her voice in order for the other two to hear her instructions to follow the rope into the cave. Luna unhooked the team and let them go back to huddle with the rest of the heard. They were now allowed to run free except the male, who was kept hobbled so the herd wouldn’t wander far.



Once they were back in the cave, Uba forced soup down the throats of all three women until she was sure they were well.



MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM



Early in the spring, the doe snorkacks had their fawns and Luna began teaching the women of the Clan how to milk them. Dairy products had at last made their way into the diet of the Clan!



When the snow’s finally melted away, Luna transfigured the sleigh into a chariot. The Snorkacks had to be trained all over again.



So Ayla went on foot to visit Ekwus. All of his mares were pregnant and were soon to deliver. Climbing onto the centaur’s back, the two of them set off hunting. They had gone some distance from the valley when Ekwus came to an abrupt halt, slamming Ayla forward into his back. A sound was ringing off the hills! The sound of a lion roaring and a Human screaming!

Sign up to rate and review this story