Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

37. Reality Is Crashing To The Floor

by frankxgerard 3 reviews

What could he do? Go in there and act like it never happened? Would Gerard brush it off just as easily? Gerard meant everything to Frank. If he went and pretending nothing happened between them, wh...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-08-17 - 1132 words - Complete

0Unrated

Title from "Blind" - Lifehouse

The next morning Frank woke and found himself wrapped protectively in Gerard’s arms, sharing warmth. His heart fluttered at the sight of Gerard’s innocent sleeping face. He was absolutely breath taking. Hundreds of thoughts were rushing through Frank’s mind; whether Gerard did what he did because he loved him or because just because he was horny and Frank was easy to manipulate. Also If Gerard would ever talk to him like before again. Gerard shifted next to Frank, who immediately closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep. A minute later Gerard groaned and got groggily to his feet, slipping on boxers, a shirt, and pants and readjusting the sheets over Frank. He paused for a moment, watching Frank sleep. Then he left the room, shutting the door quietly once he was out. Frank opened his eyes and let out an exasperated breath. What could he do? Go in there and act like it never happened? Would Gerard brush it off just as easily? Gerard meant everything to Frank. If he went and pretending nothing happened between them, what would that mean? They were fuck buddies? It was all just a one night stand? Then Frank’s mind whisked along to another thought; what about /Mikey/? He breathed his exclamation to the air before burying his face in the pillow.

“Fucking hell, this sucks…”

He took a deep breath and smelled Gerard, the fruity shampooed smell of his hair mixed with his natural musky smell. It was comforting. He looked around. There was dried blood on the sheets under him, but Gerard had apparently moved him over so he wasn’t lying in it. The wounds dotting his body were buzzing with the remaining aftershocks of Gerard’s energy being agitated between them. He flipped back over shielding his face with the back of his hand. What if Gerard was awkward around him? Frank wanted desperately to be able to talk to Gerard like he would, heart to heart conversations where he say anything and know Gerard would never judge him. Maybe they’d gone too fast? He felt an immovable lump in his throat, it was choking him. It hurt, a lot. You know what; I need to stop worrying/… But he couldn’t, things wouldn’t be the same between them no matter how Gerard acted, they’d done what they did and he couldn’t change that with any of the words on earth. He suddenly felt very cold and a shudder ripped through him. He knew it wasn’t natural. Knowing Gerard wouldn’t mind (/or would /he?/), he slid on a pair of Gerard’s maroon colored boxers, stepping lightly toward the bathroom. He splashed cold water on his skin and looked at his reflection. He gasped and his fingers flew to his arms. There were little white glowing vein-like things flitting up his arms. They were almost unnoticeable, but in the dark room you could see them faintly running back and forth like electrical currents. He blinked a few times but the lines were still moving just as jerkily. He ran into the other room and found Gerard slumped at the table, his face half asleep over a coffee mug.

“Gerard?”

Gerard looked up, the lump in Frank’s throat getting larger.

“Whuuh? Oh, nice underwear but you should’ve worn the pink silk ones.”

Frank blushed.

“Um…Look.”

Frank held out his arms to Gerard, who ran his fingers over his skin making Frank’s brain fuzz momentarily with the same woozy feeling going through the tooth marks over his torso.

“Yeah…”

Gerard removed his hands and Frank suddenly felt weak at the knees. Gerard steadied him and brought him over to the chair next to the sofa where Mikey was sleeping.

“What’s going on?”

“Something… hard to explain. We’re changing, all of us. Mikey too.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know… but that’s not the reason you’re glowing. That’s cause of… last night… we… uh, its just sort of… what happens when… when you’re both like…”

“You’re telling me you were like a 380 year old virgin? Ha, you sure have a lot over that guy in that movie…”

“Hehe, yeah. And apparently you were too, eh?”

“Yeah, well I’m only 23.”

Gerard smiled and the obstruction lodged in Frank’s throat dissolved slightly. Frank saw the same marks speeding up Gerard’s arms on his pale skin.

“Gerard, I-I wanted to talk…”

“Okay.”

Gerard crouched down next to the chair, brushing his hair from his face.

“Are… are we okay? I mean, l-like… you know…”

“Yeah, if you didn’t want it you could’ve said something.”

“No, I mean… I was the one who should’ve… stopped or something…”

“Frank…”

Gerard paused to cup the side of Frank’s face in his hand.

“…everything’s alright with me, okay? But if you want something from me, or to, to like settle something between us, I’m fine, I’ll do anything.”

“I just wanted to know… if this was just… a one time thing, we’re not… like, if I don’t mean anything to you. We never did anything like that before, even just started anything and maybe it was too quick...?”

“Frankie, you mean the world to me, okay? No matter what happens. And I love you, I really do. I’ll be whatever you want me to be and more, okay? Just tell me what you want and I’ll do everything in my power to make it happen. God that sounded so cliché…”

“Well, I loved it.”

Frank pressed his lips to Gerard’s, his tongue pushing for inclusion. Gerard’s hands went to Frank’s hair, leaning in over him onto the chair. They pulled away and waited for Mikey to wake. Gerard sat frozen while Mikey got up for coffee. Gerard was skeptical in the way Mikey seemed to be oblivious. He could see something in the back of his brother’s eyes that didn’t belong. Mikey and Frank dressed and sat at the barstools.

“We’re not safe anymore.”

Gerard looked sharply up at Mikey.

“Yeah… we’ll have to get out of here sooner or later.”

“What are you talking about?”

Gerard sighed and turned to Frank.

“As I said before; we’re changing…”

“Like how?”

“I don’t know… genetically I’m guessing… either that or something’s changing in the atmosphere.”

“So what’s gonna happen?”

“We have to figure out what’s up, or we might just get killed.”

Frank bit his lip. He watched Gerard’s arms. The lines were fainter now, flowing slower up his arms.

“So, where and when, Gee?”

“Mikey thinks New York.”
Sign up to rate and review this story