Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

34. This Is How I Disappear

by frankxgerard 6 reviews

"We walked through vaults of dead people..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-23 - Updated: 2007-10-09 - 672 words - Complete

1Original
Title from "This Is How I Disappear" - My Chemical Romance

Even after 7 years Frank still hadn't mastered the art of walking through walls. He'd gotten stuck quite a few times, much to Gerard's amusement who on a few occasions refused to get him out before he took a picture or waited half an hour.

"Come on, you can do it this time... I don't know how deep it is, but is we hurry it'll work, ok?"

"Kay, guess so... but hey, if I get stuck in the middle of a 5 foot thick something for centuries, I'm blaming you."

"Fine."

The guard stared at them like they were crazy, but before he could say anything Gerard pulled Frank toward the wall with a sharp tug.

"Now!"

Frank closed his eyes and concentrated on his atoms. He felt a strange rush of and almost jelly-like feeling pass through him as if something was trying to suck him back out of the wall. He could still feel Gerard's stronger hand closed over his own when the feeling passed what seemed like hours later. He opened his eyes and looked around. They were in the /morgue/.

"You should be glad you kept your eyes closed."

"Why?"

"We walked through vaults of dead people..."

"Ew."

"Yeah. It was gross."

"How deep was that?"

"We walked like 8 feet. Good job."

Frank grinned and looked around, shivering from the cold.

"I need a shirt."

"We'll go home soon, okay?"

"Yup! Can we open one?"

Frank pointed to a vault.

"Uh... okay, but it'll be icky."

"So?"

"Fine, open it."

Frank tested the locked metal door and wrapped his usable hand around the handle prepping his muscles. He bent it back on its hinges slowly. Gerard watched his small frame strain for the power to open it. He wasn't exceptionally muscular in the human sense, but he was definitely not unexercised looking, despite his years as an alcoholic. Frank had the door half open, but stopped, his muscles aching.

"Oww... You do the rest!"

Gerard smiled sympathetically and wrenched the door the rest of the way off.

"There, now pull it out if you want."

"Okay..."

Frank grabbed a hold of the edges of the slide-pout gurney inside the metal freezer and pulled it out. A body was covered by a thin white sheet. There was a card at the foot of the stretcher. Frank picked it up to read.

"He was run over by a sixteen wheeler yesterday. EW! Run over! That's sick."

"D'you still wanna uncover it?"

"Duh!"

Frank went to the head of the body and peeled the sheet down. Underneath was the bloody, pale, bloated, totally destroyed body of a man. Tire tracks were all over him and he was hardly distinguishable as a guy.

"Whoa, that's so gross..."

"Yeah, uhh... you can put it back now..."

"Okey dokey Gee..."

Frank put the sheet back over the body and pushed the platform back into the rectangular fridge. Gerard pushed the door back in place.

"Ew. Anyway, let's go before they come in here. We messed up the vault door pretty bad."

Frank nodded. They looked out into the hall. No one was there, They got to the main part of the hospital before people started chasing them, noticing Frank was not really a doctor and was bleeding just as much as Gerard. As soon as they got outside the hospital Gerard stopped and started laughing.

"What?"

"They were gonna cut open your head!"

"Yeah, and it would've been your fault!"

"Well at least we saw the morgue."

"Yeah that was cool."

"Come on, let's go home. Wanna teleport or whatever?"

"Uh, will it hurt?"

"Nah, you just feel all cold. Come on, hold him hand and imagine we're at the mausoleum."

Frank took Gerard's outstretched hand and did as he said. It almost felt like wind was blowing over him. They earth seemed to shift around him, the colors blurring and resettling. They were suddenly back at the "house".

"Okay, let's get you a shirt."
Sign up to rate and review this story