Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Baby Makes Three

From This Moment You'll Be Out of Place and Underdressed

by rori795 3 reviews

Hailey is just settling into her life as a college student and the girlfriend of Brendon Urie when a tragic accident leaves her mothering her cousin's baby.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-06 - 1994 words

0Unrated
A/N I know, I know!!!! It's been a REALLY long time since I updated this story. I think most of the people who were reading it probably don't even frequent this site anymore, but maybe they do and they'll remember my little story that I FINALLY had time to update, and maybe I'll gain some new readers as well. Hopefully. I am sooooooo soooooo sorry for my lack of updates, and I'm gonna be honest: I've been really busy, but also I've had the worst writers block. I still do, but I'm trying my hand at picking this story back up to see if that clears my writers block. Also, I had to write it to get my mind off of the depressing news that we got the other day about the album being postponed til spring!!! What's up with that?

This may be a bit fluff-y and filler-y, but I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing fanfics again. And honestly kids, I think we're all kidding ourselves if we really think that fan fiction is anything more then fluff anyway. I mean, it's not like I'm writing Hemingway or Shakespeare here.

Well, all that said, ENJOY!

***
The weeks past as did the chilly weather, and Brendon and Hailey got closer to Matthew, getting to know his routine, his likes and his dislikes. The little boy had begun to recognize the two of them as his parents, which gave Hailey mixed feelings. On one hand it was a good thing, because it meant that parenting Matthew was getting easier as he cried less and less for his mom and dad, and she had to admit that she loved the unconventional love that she felt every time she held him, fed him, sang to him, and even when she changed his diapers. But it deeply upset her that this little boy was forgetting about the wonderful people that were his parents. He would never know them and how much they loved him. Not to mention the fact that she felt extremely uneasy with the fact that Matthew was recognizing Brendon as his father figure.

"I love Bren. I really do, it's just... let's be honest here. As much as I want to be with Brendon forever, there's no guarantee that it's gonna happen. I just don't want Matthew to get too attached and then Brendon and I break up or something," Hailey vocalized her concerns to Cassie late one afternoon.

"So if you love him and you want to be with him forever, why don't you just marry him? Then you won't have to worry about it!" Cassie countered.

"It's not that simple. I love the guy and right now I want to be with him forever right now, but that doesn't mean I want to marry him. Marriage isn't something you do when you're twenty years old. Marriage is something you do when you're mature and sure of your self, and you can make decisions. Right now I have enough difficulty trying to decide which classes I'm going to take and which store has the best deals on diapers."

Cassie's gray eyes showed sympathy and understanding, and something else; pity. Pity that her best friend was in such a compromising position. 'I would never want to be in her spot', she thought to herself.

"Oooo, come here," Hailey whispered across the room. She was peeking through the door into the family room where Brendon, Ryan, Jon, and Spencer were sitting on the long sofa together. They were passing Matthew back and forth and each guy was trying to make the baby laugh by putting on a goofy face. They all looked so happy.

Spencer, who had Matthew at that point, puckered his lips into a fish face and crossed his eyes. The baby giggled violently before Brendon grabbed hold of him and gave him a raspberry on his exposed stomach. Matthew roared with laughter and moved on to Ryan who shifted his eyes back and forth with a goofy grin on his face. More giggles escaped the baby as he tried to accomplish this oh-so-complicated feat. Jon got him next, striking his pose, with his tongue out and his fingers in clawed position, but instead of the gut-busting reaction he expected from Matthew, he got a shriek and a pudgy little red face full of tears. Matthew backed away from Jon and scurried over Ryan's lap to Brendon's.

"DADA!" he shrieked, burying his face in Brendon's neck and wrapping his chubby arms around him. The baby's body shook with tears as Brendon held him close and bounced him on one knee.

The guys looked frightened, but especially Jon, who also looked confused. "What did I do?" he kept asking over and over.

"You'll be okay little guy," Brendon whispered to the baby as he began to quiet down, "Uncle Jon's just a goofball. He didn't mean to scare you. Shhh."

'Maybe it wouldn't be half bad to be in her shoes,' Cassie thought to herself, 'after all, she does have a wonderful support system with all of us, especially with Brendon.'

The two women stepped out into the room, startling the guys, who hadn't remembered that they were even there because they were so wrapped up with Matthew. "I didn't do it!" Jon jumped up from the couch and put his hands in the air like a guilty criminal.

Hailey laughed, "It's okay Jon. I don't think it'll have any lasting effects on him."

"How come he always cries when I hold him?"

"You might want to try cutting that Jesus hair. He probably thinks you're a bear or a Mountain Lion or something," Ryan joked.

"I doubt he knows what a mountain lion is," Spencer laughed.

"How do you know? He's very smart. He knows my name!" Ryan snapped.

"Only because you spent an entire day of babysitting teaching it to him," Cassie laughed, "And he calls you 'wine', which last time I recalled, wasn't your name."

Ryan blushed and the entire room laughed at her remark. Even Matthew looked up to see what was so funny, and decided to join in by clapping his hands together, "YAY!" he shouted, making everyone giggle even more.

***

Later that night, Brendon sorted through his drawer of clothes, trying to come up with something comfortable to wear to bed. He was frustrated because he couldn't find anything. He had been practically living in Hailey's apartment for the past few months, only go home to get things that he needed, and only spending the night there once every few weeks.

The problem was that Hailey's apartment was tiny, with only a small master bedroom and an even smaller guest bedroom, which now belonged to Matthew. She barely had room for all of her stuff in the place, and could only spare one dresser drawer for Brendon. This meant that he could only have a few outfits at her house at a time.

His frustration grew as he threw aside his lilac hoodie, a Clandestine Industries tshirt, three pairs of skinny jeans, a red t shirt, a black t shirt, 2 pairs of trouser socks, and four pairs of boxer shorts. "What the fuck?" he mumbled to himself, "Are all of my lounge clothes dirty?" He shrugged and moved on to the next best thing...

A few minutes later he joined Hailey in Matthew's room. She had just finished giving him a bath and was now putting his pajamas on. She looked up as she heard the door open and laughed at the sight she saw, "what the fuck are you wearing, babe?" she asked as she took in the sight of Brendon in his blue and red boxers and a hugely oversized hot pink Girl Scouts of America t-shirt.

"I ran out of clean clothes, so I had to borrow this lovely garment from you, sweetheart."

"I think the last time I wore that was like in fourth grade. We used to have to wear those huge t-shirts whenever we would go out in public with our troop, that way we wouldn't get separated. It never fit me though. I don't know why I even held on to it."

"Well, maybe if you would've gotten rid of it, I would've been able to fit another t-shirt of mine in the drawer," his voice dripped with sarcasm.

Hailey rolled her eyes, "listen, I'm trying to get this one to sleep now, so if you want to argue we'll have to do it later, but for now can you just go in the other room?"

"Fine! Give me the baby first. I want to say goodnight." She handed Matthew over to him and he held the baby close to his face. "Goodnight little guy. See you in the morning. Can I have a kiss?" Matthew leaned forward and gave Brendon a kiss, a new trick for him. Hailey felt her heart melt at the sight and she found that she couldn't be mad at Brendon anymore, no matter how much he pestered her about their living situation.

Brendon left the room and she finished getting Matthew ready for bed. Then read "Goodnight Moon" and sang a lullaby to him until he fell asleep.

When she walked into her bedroom, she found Brendon lounging on the bed watching some dumb reality show on MTV. "I just saw myself on TV," he said, not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"Yeah? What about?"

"MTV News was doing a report on us writing our new album, and they had this old clip from our last tour. It was weird. I still get weirded out by that. Me. On TV." He said this all very calmly, not really like it was a weird event at all. Well, it did happen pretty often.

"Listen," Hailey started, "do you mind if I turn this off?" she pointed at the TV and Brendon shook his head, she turned it off and sat next to him on the bed. "I'm sorry about not giving you more room around here. I know it's cramped. I'm such a packrat. I'll get rid of some of my stuff. I'll start tomorrow. I know I should be more appreciative of the help you're giv..."

She was cut off by Brendon's lips on hers. "Stop talking. I've just had he most amazing idea. I'm gonna stop leasing my apartment..."

"I'm sorry, but how is that a good idea?" she interjected, "That'll give us even less storage space then we have now."

"Will you let me finish? I'm going to stop leasing my place, and we'll buy a house, and then you can get rid of this cramped little place."

"Brendon, honey, you know I can't afford to buy a house."

"I'll buy it."

"No. You're not going to buy me a house!"

"It's not for you," he smiled, "it's for us. It'll be our house, but I'll pay for it. I do have money you know."

She opened her mouth to protest again, but he kissed her softly. "Don't bitch about it," he told her, "I've always wanted my own house, and I want to live with you and Matthew. I really want this to happen. I want to buy a house for us."

"A house is a big commitment."

"I know," he smiled again.

"So why were you pissed earlier? Repeat this quandary to me," she smirked.

"I don't have any clean pajamas because I only have one pair here and their in the wash."

"That's funny," she kissed his neck, biting it lightly, a trick that she knew would drive him crazy. As expected, a soft moan escaped his lips, "You've never needed to wear pajamas to bed before," she whispered in his ear, nibbling lightly on his earlobe, "Why start now?" She grabbed the bottom of the Girl Scouts of America t-shirt, stripped it over his head, and then pulled him on top of her.
Sign up to rate and review this story