Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

28. I've Really Been On A Bender And It Shows

by frankxgerard 9 reviews

"I just... needed a break from... everything..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 368 words - Complete

2Moving
Title from "The Sharpest Lives" - My Chemical Romance

Frank spent his time drinking and drugging after meeting up with some guy named Bert who supplied him. He was losing it. Gerard had been his life. When he wasn't at or behind a bar, he was locked in Gerard's room as always. He hadn't been in contact with anyone other Mikey and Bert.

"Frank, stop, please just stop."

"No, no can't... I nneed Gerard. H-he said he wouldn't leave mm..."

"You're going to kill yourself Frank. Look in the mirror, you look horrible."

"No, no you wouldn't..."

Mikey sighed and left the room. Frank hadn't gotten any better. They waited another half a year. Gerard finally showed up. He looked a little different, but not older. But then so did Frank, just more so in other ways. Gerard was walking back to the mausoleum and found Frank in the alley behind the bar. Frank had gotten into the habit of going there every day. He had just been thrown out at closing hour so he was drunk and slumped against the side of the building, mumbling words incoherently, most of which had nothing to do with what he was trying to say. A bottle was in his hand and a bag tucked in his back pocket. He curled up behind the dumpster, sobbing now.

"Frank?"

Frank didn't look up. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, both of which were ripped and frayed.

"Frank, is that you?"

Gerard approached the shaking, crumpled form. Frank's hair was matted to his face with sweat and what Gerard presumed to be blood. He hadn't returned to the house for days, so his face showed pretty obviously he hadn't washed or shaved. Kneeling, Gerard got a closer look at his face.

"It is you. I gotta get you outta here..."

He picked him up and felt beer soak into his shirt as the bottle dropped to the ground.

"Who... the h-hell areyou?"

"It's me... Gerard."

"Gerarrrd?"

"Yeah."

Gerard carried Frank, who was still smaller than him, back to the graveyard, setting him down on the sofa in the house.

"Whyy did you leave mehh?"

"I just... needed a break from... everything..."
Sign up to rate and review this story