Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

22. I'm So Sick

by frankxgerard 4 reviews

Mikey didn't want to be around when "Frank starts killing things".

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-06-07 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 1782 words - Complete

1Exciting
Title from "I'm So Sick" - Flyleaf

Almost a month later, Frank got sick. It started with a stomachache.

"Gerard? I don't feel so good..."

"Like how?"

"My stomach hurts... bad..."

Gerard looked in Frank's eyes. They were a strange yellowish-red color.

"Whoa, that could be bad... MIKEY!"

Mikey stumbled in the room.

"Whut?"

"Look."

Mikey took off his glasses and looked at Frank's eyes as well.

"Oh, that's not good..."

"Why? Am I sick?"

"Yeah, Gerard had that once a long time ago... It's not very cool."

"Why? What happens?"

"Well... when Gerard had it, he got all weird and thought he was human so he ran away for days... He almost died from like lack of blood..."

"What? How long does it take?"

"I don't really remember... uh, do you Gee?"

"No... but come on, you'd better not get out of the house..."

Gerard and Mikey took Frank into Gerard's bedroom and locked the door. Gerard stayed with him, but Mikey didn't want to be around when "Frank starts killing things".

"So, vampires get different diseases too?"

"Yeah..."

"How long will it last?"

"I had it for like about... Oh, I dunno, 2 weeks?"

"I don't wanna be sick for 2 weeks!"

"Well, we'll have to see..."

The next day Frank felt worse. His eyes were still yellow and red and he felt drained completely of blood.

"Are you feeling okay? Do I need to lock you up again?"

"I-I don't know... Yeah you probably should my brain feels all fuzzy..."

Gerard locked themselves in his room again. Frank fell asleep on Gerard's shoulder and wasn't breathing normally. Gerard wasn't surprised when he woke up confused and disorientated an hour later.

"Where am I?! Oh my god, you kidnapped me! No, let me go!"

He tried to get up and open the door, but it was locked. He cowered down in the corner as Gerard approached him. Sweat ran down his face and neck, and to anyone else he would've looked like he was on crack. Gerard tried to pull him away from the door but only succeeded in helping him rip the door off its hinges.

"Mikey! Stop him!"

Frank ran out of the room, his whole body shaking uncontrollably. He had taken off his shirt because of his inhumanly high fever of 120°. Mikey leapt up, but Frank had already slammed the wooden door behind him. Gerard sighed as he ran up the stairs.

"I knew this would happen..."

They chased Frank all the way back to his old house. Not even stopping to ring the doorbell, Frank burst inside, looking for his mom.

"MOM?! Someone's following me!"

The 35 year old came out of the kitchen looking puzzled.

"Frankie, what do you mean?"

"They're chasing me! I woke up in some graveyard!"

"Frank, what on earth are you talking about? You've been living there for months."

"They just ran after me and they're coming!"

"You mean Gerard?"

"Who?"

"Your best friend! Frankie, are you playing some kind of trick on me? It's not funny."

Frank looked down at his bare stomach and chest, shocked to see the obvious scars from him and Gerard's past adventures.

"What happened? Mom, what's going on?"

Frank's fangs, in addition to the sickly yellowish eyes, had been stuck in the extended position; halfway sticking out of his mouth at all times.

"Frank, what-"

Suddenly Gerard and Mikey burst in, their eyes red and wide.

"Mrs. Frank's mom! He's sick, don't... let him get away!"

Frank squeaked and ran behind his mom.

"Sick with what?"

"Something bad... Gee had it once when he was like 100... not cool."

Mikey inched over a few steps while Gerard did the same on the other side.

"Yeah... it makes... us forget sort of... a-and get all scared. OOFM..."

Frank tried to run back out the door, but instead ran into Gerard who had moved in his way. Gerard locked Frank's arms behind his back.

"Calm-DOWN Frank! We're... not kidnapping you!"

"Mom! Get him off me!"

"Gerard? What's wrong with him?"

Gerard shrugged, still trying to hold Frank down. His mom looked worried.

"He's...urgh, sick. Ow, Frank stop!" Really sick."

Frank struggled but went limp; finally being overpowered by the stronger vampire. His hair was matted to the sides of his head by the sweat. His body almost burned Gerard's hands, but he didn't let go. Frank's eyes even more yellow and his teeth were cutting into his lips, making blood drip down into his mouth.

"We need to get him home... Mikey, help!"

They started toward the door, but Frank started yelling.

"Mom!"

"Uh, Gerard? Maybe people are gonna start wondering if we really are kidnapping him..."

"MOM! Why are they taking me?!"

"Yeah, you're right Mikes... Um, you wanna come Mrs. Frank's mom? You could probably calm him down..."

Frank's mom nodded. Mikey held the door open for Gerard to drag Frank out. He didn't calm down until they got back and he passed out.

"Can you cure him?"

"No, but we're gonna need some needles if we wanna make it better. Do you have any?"

"Gerard, what for?!"

"Uh... we just do. How about you Mikey?"

"Why would I have needles?! Hey! We could get some from that hospital downtown!"

"Uh, sure... one second..."

Gerard placed Frank on the bed and tied his hands behind his back.

"...just in case..."

"You're tying him up?"

"Sorry Mrs. Frank's mom, but he's like 10 times stronger than any human, so he'll probably get out of this anyway when he wakes up..."

"Oh... okay..."

Mikey led the way to the hospital a few blocks down.

"Wait here okay? We'll be right back..."

They had stopped at the side of the building. Mikey and Gerard went right through the wall and came back out with two syringes.

"Okay, let's stop at that bar..."

"What? Gee, you crazy? Why the bar?"

"Mikey, we need..."

Gerard held up the two needles. Mikey nodded and motioned for Frank's mom to follow them. There were a few people outside the bar. Gerard chose the least drunk person and "hypnotized" him as if he were going to feed. He filled the syringes with blood and left the man slumped against the bricks; nothing abnormal for the setting.

"Okay, let's go..."

"Gerard?"

"What Mikey?"

"Will that be enough?"

"I dunno... if it's not, we'll get more..."

Frank's mom followed them back, her jaw clenched in nervousness. Gerard had jammed a chair under the doorknob. Mikey had somehow fixed it since them morning when Frank had escaped and ripped it off. The removed the chair which had been slightly bent, presumably from Frank pushing at the door, and opened it. The shivering boy was huddled in between the bed and the nightstand, looking drunk, high, and as if he had been poisoned all at the same time.

"Frank? Can you hear me?"

Frank saw nothing but blurry figures swimming in his eyes. Nausea swept over him and he closed his eyes, trembling uncontrollably.

"Frank, we need to inject this into you."

Gerard's voice was calm, but to Frank it sounded as if he was shouting into a megaphone straight onto his eardrum. There was no light in the room, so when Gerard turned it on, Frank hissed and covered his face, baring his fangs at him. Gerard moved toward him and pressed his hands up above him, pinning his legs down with his own.

"Frank, stay put..."

He injected both needles of blood into Frank, who started shaking, gripping the side of the bed and almost shattering the wood.

"I think he's having a seizure... Mikey, get me some water."

Mikey obeyed and Gerard immediately splashed the water on Frank, who yelped and growled at him. The shaking ceased.

"Well, he sure has it worse than you did, that's for sure. I wouldn't have known to do this if you'd gone crazy... Youd've killed me..."

"Yeah, that's good it didn't."

Gerard picked Frank up, ignoring his nails digging into his back and set him down on the bed, unlatching his teeth from his shoulder. He tied Frank down again, much like he had to change him.

"He's past the point of forgetting... Now his animal instinct has complete dominance over his human self."

"So, all knowing big brother, what do we do now?"

"Uh, we wait? How should I know?"

Frank's mom looked cautiously at the shirtless struggling boy on the bed.

"Th-that's really me son? My innocent little Frankie?"

Gerard nodded. Frank's mom trembled. Gerard kept a calm face when she shoved him, only moving an inch.

"What have you done to him? You made him like this!"

"He's sick, it happens to everyone."

"Not like that.

"Well, not everyone is that!"

Gerard ignored the woman and dampened a cloth, wiping Frank's forehead.

"Gerard? I think he needs more blood."

"Uh, okay..."

"Why don't you try giving him some of your blood since it's the same except that yours is healthy? Maybe it'll help him fight off the disease..."

"I dunno..."

"Try, nothing bad will come out of it."

"Fine..."

Gerard let Mikey take some of his blood while he closed his eyes. He hated needles like death. Gerard injected it into Frank, who stopped shaking and was soon he was out cold.

"Um, I think we can untie him now.

Gerard nodded unsurely and undid the ropes, putting a blanket over Frank. He watched Frank's chest rise and fall erratically, his muscles contracting at random intervals for no apparent reason.

"Ahh... He'll be okay I think... I hope... I'm actually not sure..."

Gerard inadvertently reached out and ran his fingers over Frank's overworked biceps.

"Oh, uh... Whoops."

His face reddened and he walked over to sit in a chair across from the bed.

"You can stay if you want, Mrs. Frank's mom, just don't attack me."

He gestured to the two other hairs in the room. Mikey and she sat down, all three of them watching Frank convulse on Gerard's bed. After a day of waiting, Frank started moving. His fever hadn't gone down significantly, but his eyes were clearing. After another day, Gerard noticed his eyes flutter open. Frank made a strange growling noise in his throat, opening his eyes. He lifted himself up and stood next to the bed, slightly swaying.

"Frank?"

Frank's head snapped toward Gerard, sniffing the air. He approached Gerard like a cat, cautiously tilting his head.

"D-do you know who I am?"

Frank jumped at the sound of Gerard's voice. Gerard got up and inched toward the door past Frank's mom, who also looked nervous. Before he could get away, Frank spoke, his eyes fogged over. Gerard knew exactly what that meant.
Sign up to rate and review this story