Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

16. Mama, We All Go To Hell

by frankxgerard 3 reviews

Gerard strode over, pretending to flirt with the waitress for a few minutes. He reached over and touched her head with his hands and she went limp in his arms.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-05-22 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 1191 words - Complete

0Unrated

Title from "Mama" - My Chemical Romance

"We need to feed, too much blood loss. So, if you're wanting to talk, wait a few minutes, okay? Actually... Follow us. We can talk on the way."

Frank's mom nodded, eyeing Gerard cautiously. They walked into town.

"You can't be d-dead."

"Well judging by the giant holes going straight through my heart and lungs, then yeah I think I am mom..."

"How can you breathe then? I can see you breathing!"

Gerard explained this time, constantly having to hook Frank by the shirt collar to stop him from running into the street randomly.

"Our bodies heal even though we're technically dead. In the- Frank what are you doing? - ...in the time between being completely healed, the body uses the parts it does have differently. Ahhh, here we are. Frank, this is Lesson 2 in the "Feeding Unit"; what to do when you have to eat in the middle of the day."

Gerard had led them to the back of a crowded downtown bar and restaurant. It was a Sunday; so many people were not at work or school. They stood at the backdoor, hiding behind the side of the building

"Now what?"

"We wait..."

After approximately 10 minutes a waitress, presumably for a break. The girl was probably in her mid-twenties. Gerard strode over, pretending to flirt with her for a few minutes. He reached over and touched her head with his hands and she went limp in his arms, so he dragged her over to the brick wall and leaned her against it, sitting upright against the surface.

"Okay. Come on Frank, drink, and drink good. If she dies, will you be okay?"

Frank nodded grimly.

"You need the blood, now this time, drink from the neck."

He obeyed, puncturing the skin right where Gerard told him to. He held the girl's head still with one hand. He could taste alcohol in the mix with a lot of other substances. He finally unlatched from her neck, wiping his mouth, leaving a streak of blood on his hand and feeling a little woozy.

"Ok, my turn... I seriously hope we don't kill her... I don't want to have to deal with those so called "Vampire Hunters" again... They did that a lot back then."

He drank and checked the girl to see if she would live.

"Yeah... She'll survive. Phew. But let's only do that on special occasions..."

They turned to Frank's mom, who immediate threw up on the pavement.

"Frank, y-you just d-drank her blood!"

"Yeah? And I think I'm a little drunk now too... How much alcohol is in that building?"

"Frank, what are you?"

"I'm me."

Gerard shoved Frank forward gently, motioning them to continue on. His mom's face was pale and looked as if she were going to hurl again.

"Come on, let's keep going..."

They walked back to the cemetery. All the while Frank's mom appeared to be wondering whether to run away or not.

"F-Frank, Where have you been living for the past months?"

"At Gerard's."

Frank looked at Gerard, who spoke up shyly.

"I, uh... Live in the mausoleum. Yeah..."

"You cant live in that little building!"

"We've gotta house under it..."

"O-Oh..."

"Well, we're here and... It's lunchtime. I'm hungry, but if you want to talk to Frank more, that's fine."

"Didn't you j-just "eat"?"

"I mean real food. Like food-food."

"Oh... I won't keep you. I just... have to say... goodbye to Frank..."

"Okay, see you in a few Frank."

Gerard disappeared down into their abode.

"Frank... I-I... just want you to know, you're my son, and no matter what you s-say or... do, I won't ever stop loving you. Even if I cant ever believe the things you say."

"I love you too mom. I mean it."

"You just met him one night, and you were immediately friends?"

"Pretty much. But mom, the thing is... We're more than friends. Not by exact choice though... I /chose/, but it's sort of like a package deal; if you want one thing, you have to get something else with it. I... I'm Gerard's permanent mate, unless he was to turn someone that is. But I'm not gay, don't worry! I've still got Alexis."

Franks mom nodded, trying to resist the urge to run out of the cemetery and never come back. They stood there awkwardly for a few minutes before they gave in and Frank hugged his mom. After parting with her, Frank joined Gerard inside.

"You are probably the only vampire to have so much experience as a newbie."

"Hmm... But it was fun."

"Yeah, it was. Here's food."

"'Mmm, smells good."

"Thanks..."

They ate in silence, both thinking about the little there was left to look forward to in the world. After they were finished, Frank asked a question that he had been asking Gerard frequently.

"Can you get Mikey back?"

"I don't really know... I hope so. The headaches are getting worse and worse... Plus I miss him a lot..."

"I'll help you find a way."
[a/n: no pun intended lol]

"You will?"

"Yeah. He's your brother, he shouldn't be "locked up in you"."

"Thanks."

It was only noon so they went back outside.

"Do you have any friends from before?"

"Yeah... There was this one guy, Cody. He was my friend from school. I was only home schooled for a few weeks before I met you."

"You wanna visit him?"

"And emotionally traumatize him along with everyone else? ...Sure!"

"Where does he live?"

"Follow me."

Cody's house wasn't as broken as Frank's. Gerard stood to the side as Frank rang the bell and asked for Cody.

"Hi Frank. I heard you got kicked out."

"Yeah, I did. Wow, how does everyone find out about stuff? Anyway, wanna come... uh, to the cemetery?"

"Sure, hold on."

Cody checked out with his parents and pulled on a coat. He stepped out of the cracked doorframe and noticed Gerard for the first time.

"Oh, Hi! I'm Cody."

"Hello... I'm Gerard."

"Well then, hi Gerard."

"Hey."

The three walked back to the graveyard and sat on headstones. Frank was staring into space thinking, when he snapped out of it and turned to Cody.

"Do you believe in vampires Cody?"

"Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"Like really believe in them? Would you believe me if I told you they exist?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Would you run if I told you I was one of them?"

"I... don't really know."

Gerard was absently flicking pieces of wood at a flock of pigeons.

"Okay."

"So. What does that have to do with anything?"

"I don't know..."

"You're not a vampire, are you?"

"... Heh, of course not!"

They sat around talking for another half and hour before getting a little bored.
"Do you wanna like go check in again so we can go someplace else?"

"Uh, sure."

Cody ran off to ask his parents. Suddenly, Frank's phone rang in his pocket, making him fall off the grave. Gerard laughed at him of course.

"Hey, it wasn't that funny."

"Yeah, it was."

Frank shrugged, annoyed, and flipped open his phone.

"Hello?"

"Frank?"

"Dad?!"
Sign up to rate and review this story