Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

17. Did You Ever Love Me?

by frankxgerard 2 reviews

Frank crushed the phone in his hand and flung it against a rock, destroying it and smashing it to bits.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-05-22 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 1815 words - Complete

0Unrated

Title from "Confessions of A Broken Heart (Daughter to Father) " - Lindsay Lohan

Frank winced at the sound of his father's voice, seeing Gerard stand up off the grave next to him.

"Yeah, I'm calling to say that I know what your friend did, and he won't get away with it."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's all over the news. People are being found dead with bite marks in their necks and little symbols carved into their palms. I know where you are, and so do the police. They'll find him, and I'm not going to stop them."

"But he didn't do that!"

"I don't think this is all coincidental Frank. You're still my son, and I won't let you get killed by some insane murderer."

"Too late, he already killed me."

"What?"

"He killed me. I'm like him now."

"Frank, stop with the nonsense, I'm taking you away from that monster."

"He's not a monster..."

Frank calmly answered, but when his father persisted, he grew angry.

"He is a bloodthirsty animal Frank; these so-called "vampires" are all monsters. You shouldn't be around him."

"Dad, I said HE'S NOT A MONSTER!"

Frank snarled into the phone, his eyes turning red.

"Frank y-"

Before Frank's father could reply, he crushed the phone in his hand and flung it against a rock, destroying it and smashing it to bits.

"Why does he have to be such a moron?"

"'Cause he doesn't understand... Huuuh, its hard isn't it?"

"He called you a monster. Vampires aren't monsters, and you never killed those people... did you?"

"No, I didn't."

"Where will we go? The police are coming... again, and this time probably more because of the murders..."

"I dunno... but we don't really have to run, so let's just wait again... unless you don't want to get shot again."

"That's okay, let's wait."

They heard sirens approaching, echoing off the streets and alleyways.

"So, you wanna act normal this time?"

"No way, unless you want to, that is, but judging by the conversation with your dad, I'm guessing not."

"Yeah. We're such big show offs."

"I know. But it's fun."

The police cars drove in just like before, but this time there were 4, all carrying two armed men.

"You are under arrest for manslaughter and violence against police. Come forward with your arms raised."

Gerard yawned and hopped off the stone.

"No, I don't think I will..."

Te police shuffled out of their cars, aligning with their guns pointed at Gerard. Frank's father stood among them.

"So you think I killed those people?"

"We're pretty sure."

Frank's father replied calmly with only the slightest hint of shock when Gerard snapped back at him, baring his fangs.

"I didn't kill them, you have no proof whatsoever."

"Frank, come here. Get behind the police."

"Dad, you're overreacting."

"He's a killer Frank. He drinks people's blood."

"And you know what? So do I!"

Frank and his dad argued back and forth while Gerard wondered if the police would ever fire.

"You're the one who's hurting me, not Gerard! I'm not coming back so you can beat me some more!"

The officers looked hesitantly at his father.

"Frank please, we need to let them take him away."

"No! If you do I'll die because of you locking me up like you always do! Really! Plus, it's not like you can hold him in."

"Frank sighed and went to Gerard's side.

"Now what?"

"I don't know, uh... let's just act like the evil bloodsucking demons we are!"

"You mean go insane?"

"Sure."

"Uhh, okay."

Frank reluctantly walked behind the line of police, grinning wickedly.

"Okay Daddy, but I think you'll regret me coming over here."

Gerard stood still for a moment, but then smiled and spoke as loud and intimidating as he could.

"Foolish mortals, you actually think you can destroy us with your tiny pieces of ball-shooting metal? Hah."

He scoffed and glared at Frank's dad, eyes red with excitement. Then he was gone. The police looked around, but couldn't locate him. Frank felt a firm familiar grip on his shoulder.

"Looking for me?"

The police positioned their guns once more as Franks dad ran over. Gerard let him take the boy from his grasp.

"Ow, Dad!"

His father dragged him over behind the cars.

"Why did you disobey me?!"

"Dad, let me go."

"NO. Answer me!"

Frank was silent. He was expecting his father to hit him, and he did. He felt the too familiar sting against his cheek.

"Why do you always have to hit me?"

"Because you deserve it boy, now let's go home."

"No, this is my home. Let me go."

Frank's dad hit him again. Frank growled and ripped away, his strength overpowering his dad.

"Frank, we're going home."

Frank was once again caught in his father's arms, but this time he didn't struggle.

"You're making a mistake dad."

"And why is that?"

"Because you're pretty much killing me by taking me away from him. I'll let you, but I'm warning you, I'll be dead after a week of being grounded back home."

Frank watched Gerard argue with and challenge the cops, scoffing at them and urging them to shoot.

"Why? You're just being stupid. You won't die by being away from him; he's not a part of you."

"Yeah, he is actually..."

"You slept with him?!"

"No! Of course not! He turned me... so he's pretty much my breeding mate in more animal-like terms if it were physically possible..."

"You... disgusting filth, what the hell has he been telling you?"

"Get off me."

Frank could've thrown his father off then and there, but he felt like seeing what could happen.

"You'd better listen son; and listen good, you keep this up and you're going to hell along with your friend as soon as your last breath leaves your body."

"I'm not planning on dying any time soon. We won't die for hundreds of years even if we do."

"Stop with the nonsense, let's go."

But Frank stayed put. Gerard was now taunting the cops, daring them to fire. After a bullet-less 2 minutes, he resorted to trying to steal their guns. Finally a shot was fired. The first 3 missed completely, but the 4th bullet hit him straight on. It went right through his heart and out the other side. Gerard mocked agony, falling to the ground and gasping for breath. Frank's father smiled evilly.

"See? You do die."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Gerard stopped choking and stood back up, rolling his eyes. He pulled his shirt down from the collar so everyone could see the bloody entry hole going straight through his chest.

"I'm not dead."

Frank ripped away from his father's grasp and ran toward Gerard, who grinned at him.

"You're such a showoff Gee!"

"Gee?"

"Nickname, alright?"

"Okay..."

"So... let's stand here and wait until they stop shooting. How come it hurts when you get like hit and slapped and stuff, but not when you get shot?"

"Because our bodies can detect if it's a potentially deadly threat; like a bullet or a stab, or if it's a small non-fatal threat; like a gash, cut, bruise, or something- and what the hell? That felt weird. See? There's an example."

Gerard had gotten shot straight in the eye.

"Whoa, it's not even bloody! The bullet just disappeared!"

"Yeah. Cool. We are gonna look so messed up for months after this, huh?"

"Yeah, probably... Mmm! Look! My shirt actually used to be white!"

Franks t-shirt had been stained completely red and had holes scattered across it. If someone passed by, they would've seen a couple of teens talking in a graveyard, seemingly oblivious to the fact that almost 8 cops were firing handguns at them. Gerard sniffed, a little annoyed, and confidently approached them.

"Can you stop? I don't want to look like Swiss cheese... well it's kinda too late now. You know, this is sorta gross for me to see my insides spilling out! I'm not in love with blood you know..."

The cops stopped firing. Frank's dad watched horrified as Frank lifted his shirt as well.

"Dang, why do people use guns so much? I thought you were supposed to prove they were guilty before you killed them!"

He followed Gerard down into the mausoleum. They locked the gat and got into the house, giggling madly.

"Won't they break in?"

"No, it's impossible. Ew, this is so gross..."

"I know! You gonna take a shower?"

"Yeah, you can go first though."

"Nah, I'll wait, you go."

Gerard took a shower while Frank waited on the sofa, trying to stem the bleeding from his wounds. It didn't hurt, but it was kind of uncomfortable and the idea of looking down to see the contents of his own stomach didn't exactly please him. He heard Gerard shuffle around for a moment in his room, and moments later came out, fully dressed and bandaged.

"Your turn."

"Ok."

Frank took the hottest shower he could stand, ignoring the gory material spilling onto the shower tiles. He'd spent a lot of time since he'd been changed just thinking about what life would be like of the rest of eternity and whether he would die or not eventually. Gerard had said that vampires don't age per se, they just change a little every now and then, but they wouldn't look any older than you when they'd been turned. If you were born a vampire, you would grow until your mid-twenties, or until considered mature, then you'd stop and only shift in appearance. Frank could feel the hollowness inside him, and suddenly understood how lonely Gerard must've been for over half a century alone like that. He wrapped the towel around himself after shutting off the steaming water, hoping Gerard wouldn't mind the blood soaking straight through the white fabric, and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Gerard?"

"Hey. Come here, we need to patch you up."

Frank tightened the towel around his waist and stood in front of Gerard, who started applying a white ointment and wrapping gauze around him.

"Frank, please, I'm not perverted, just and inch lower."

Frank let the towel slip a bit down, Gerard's hands skillfully treating the wounds at his waist.

"Okay, now you can get dressed. I'll wait outside, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Gee."

Gerard left the house and let Frank put on clothes. There were visible bandages on his arms and neck. The shooting in the morning had only been on his stomach and chest. After drying his hair, he joined Gerard outside, locking the door behind him.

"Wow, two bullet-fests in one day!"

"Yeah, hey we forgot about Cody... Oops, sorry Frank, it completely slipped my mind."

"Oh, whoops... well, it's been like half an hour. What took him so long?"

They headed into town, unaware that someone had been near them since the police left.
Sign up to rate and review this story