Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

4. Someone Burn The Church

by frankxgerard 8 reviews

"When they paired me up with Miana, I was sort of into this, well, other *person*, but they still forced us together. Miana knew I liked someone else, and she did too, but she respected my... uhh.....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-14 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 881 words - Complete

0Unrated

Title from "Vampires Will Never Hurt You (I Promise)" - My Chemical Romance

Gerard shifted and hung one leg off the side of the couch, scooting a little farther away from Frank.

"When a vampire gets a mate, that's supposed to be the partner they stay with for the rest of eternity, you know? So they train the humans to obey that tradition. Most of them are okay with that I guess, but the younger ones, like me, didn't want to be committed to someone for the rest of their lives. When they paired me up with Miana, I was sort of into this, well, other person, but they still forced us together. Miana knew I liked someone else, and she did too, but she respected my... uhh... choice of people to like, and we tried to put off breeding until, well, anything! We thought it would work, but see, all vampires are connected telepathically at least a little bit, some stronger than others, and the people who were training all of us, they were observing how me and Miana had no "soul-mate" type behavior. They more importantly noticed that whenever I was around the... person I liked, they felt my emotions. So they banished me from that place."

"They banished you for liking some other girl than Miana?"

"Uhh... sort of..."

Frank's eyes widened when he finally understood. Gerard scratched his head shyly.

"You mean you liked a guy?!"

Gerard coughed and nodded, scooting even further away.

"Please, don't freak out... I-"

"No! It's alright! I just never thought you to be the type to be..."

"Gay? Yeah... They pretty much thought being gay was a disease then... But if you want to you can leave, I just uh... well if you stay I wont be all like flirty and in love with you, I'm not like that."

"That's okay, I won't leave. I'm not totally straight myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm gay or even bi. I've gotta girlfriend."

"So why'd you get kicked out?"

"I... purposely set fire to a bible and almost an entire church 'cause I was mad at my folks..."

"Whoa... Pyro much? So they are so religious they'd kick you out for burning a bible, but even when you didn't break the law by burning the church they won't let you in even if you apologize? That doesn't sound very religious at all."

"Yeah, I know..."

"So, you'll stay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"But only if you want me to."

"Yeah! It's okay. As long as you don't mind the fact that it's a graveyard or... you know, me being... well, me."

"I don't."

"Good. I get really lonely, and plus, it's kind of scary really. I don't love living in a graveyard, but I don't hate it either."

"OK, I'll stay."

"Well, it's almost 11:00PM. You should get some sleep."

"So you stay up all night and sleep all day?"

Gerard laughed, his eyes brightening from their usual empty state into a slight reddish brown color.

"No. That's just a myth. I just need to... go... uh..."

"Eat."

"Yeah."

"It's okay. I don't mind, as long as you don't go murder someone and get the cops after you."

"You don't have to kill someone to get their blood. Well, unless you're like rabid or something... Vampires can get rabies, but thankfully it's temporary in my case."

"Wouldn't they notice if they had bite marks?"

"No, they usually think they're mosquito bites!"

"Interesting. Well, I'll leave you to your work then. Goodnight."

Gerard turned to leave, but stopped, and looked back.

"Oh, do you like want something to eat? Like chips or something?"

"You have food?"

"Duh! You think I survive solely on blood? Nuh-uh! Yeah I need it to survive, but I need food as well."

Gerard patted his pretty much flat stomach, grinning.

"Well, okay then."

Gerard dug around in a cupboard and got out some Doritos and a Coke, setting them down in front of Frank on the coffee table. Frank stared at the food.

"Sheesh, I don't live in a box! I go to the store all the time! How do you think I got all this furniture? I have a job, but I hardly go there..."

"Mm. I see. Thanks."

Gerard smiled and left, closing the door gently behind him. After finishing the semi-dinner snack, Frank cleaned up after himself and made a bed on the sofa. Lying down, he grabbed a magazine from his bag, and read, waiting for Gerard to get back. He fell asleep with the magazine over his face. The sound of the door closing woke him.

"Hey droolface, sorry I woke you."

"It's 'kay. Hey, do you have a bathroom dude?"

"Yeah, right over there."

Gerard pointed Frank to a door next to the closet. Frank noticed Gerard looked a little less pale and more energetic. When he got back, Gerard was sitting at the table, his eyes glued to a book.

"Well, goodnight Gerard. Thanks for letting me stay."

"Welcome."

Gerard closed the book, got up, and turned off the light as Frank climbed into his makeshift bed, retreating into what Frank presumed was his bedroom. That night, Frank's dreams were filled with strangely "non-fantastical magic" you could call it.
Sign up to rate and review this story