Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Triangle Disease

Chapter 19

by wimvincken 0 reviews

Voldemort has cast a very ancient curse with the name Trigonum Morbus on Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. They have only two days to live. Dumbledore searches for the cure and found it ... the least you...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1383 words

4Original
A/N: This chapter: Christmas, part III

A/N: Beta reader for this chapter is Jessica

-----

(A/N: segment from the last chapter)
Remus looked strangely to the wall. "I did not know that you had new statues, Harry?"

Harry smirked. "Yeah, do you like them? We erected new statues of some of the godparents of our daughters," he smirked.

Remus looked to the statues again, then strangely to Harry. "Are you going to do that with all the godparents, Harry?"

"Look, the statues can change expressions!" exclaimed Antoinette, pointing to Moody and the twins, sticking on the wall, behind the plaster.

The expression on the faces of the twins changed from apologizing to murderous, and the expression of the face of Moody changed from murderous to apologizing.

-----

The dinner was amazing. Ron was eating as if he never had eaten before. The sprouts he was eating were so soft, they were melting in his mouth. Ron closed his eyes to enjoy this heavenly taste. When he slowly opened his eyes, he thought he saw movement out of the corner of his eyes, where it was not possible to have any movement ... the wall.

Ron looked up, and looked more closely at the statues of the twins. They did not move ... and he was captivated by the statues ... especially the eyes.

"Ginny, those statues of the twins are amazing. They almost look real," he said with his mouth full.

All three statues were staring at Ron.

He heard Hermione hissing something about brutes and unmannered persons who talked with their mouths full, but he ignored her as usual. All conversations around the dinner table had stopped. All the guests were admiring the statues.

"I think that the statue of Fred is uglier then Fred is in real life," Ron said. "If you pay more attention to those two statues, you can also see certain differences," Ron said. "George's nose is a bit longer then Fred's crooked nose. Also, when you pay attention to the shape of their heads, it tells you that they will be bald at an early age. I am not sure how I am related to those trouble makers," he said satisfied.

The twin statues looked murderous, while the Moody statue looked amused.

"I think that they are equally ugly," Bill commented. "Where did you say the twins are, Ginny?"

The twin statues looked murderous, while the Moody statue looked more than amused.

"They are preparing our Christmas surprise in the attic," Hermione explained innocently.

"Yeah, they will pop into the dining room in about fifteen minutes," added Ginny with a bored voice.

"Aren't they eating?" asked Molly Weasley worried.

"No way, they are already much too fat," said Ron smirking. "Look at those statues; they already have an ugly belly."

The twin statues looked angry, while the Moody statue looked like it was laughing.

Ron turned to his mother. "Mum, I think that you give them much too much food. Since they don't live at the Burrow anymore, you've been giving them extra helpings, and so they eat two times more then normal. Look at their bellies!"

The twin statues looked homicidal, while the Moody statue looked nasty.

Harry looked sideways at Remus. "Are you sure this will work?" he whispered to Remus. "When I look at the twins, they are ready to roast Ron over a slow fire."

Remus smirked. "It will be much better, because when they get unfrozen from the wall, Fred will fall straight forward with his large crooked nose in Ron's soup."

Harry snorted loudly, and tried to control his laughter. Remus had made a special potion, which would unfreeze the twins and Moody from the wall. Harry had borrowed a brush from the elves, and treated the statues with the potion right before the guests arrived and when the girls were dressing themselves. He'd needed to promise the elves that he would stop Hermione bothering them about their freedom in exchange for their corporation and silence to the girls.

Harry had a lot of fun applying the potion to the statues, especially the statues of the twins. The statues were not totally frozen, because they could express their feelings and emotions with their eyes ... the eyes were only partly frozen. While applying the potion, he'd been telling the twins about the additional properties of Remus' potion. He told them that the potion began working like a truth serum after they'd
been unfrozen for five hours. Harry had a lot of trouble controlling himself when he saw the expressions in the twin's eyes. He twisted his nose.

Now everyone was looking at Harry. Harry was looking innocently around. "What?"

"Did you pull a prank, Harry?" asked Hermione.

"No, I did not pull any prank," he said incensed. "How could you think that? I was laughing about something Remus said."

Everyone continued to eat, and the conversations around the table resumed.

"What was it what Remus said to you," Ginny whispered.

"Oh, nothing special, Gin. I forgot already," Harry whispered back.

"Harry, I know that you are planning something. If you don't let me in, then I'll tell Hermione," she whispered with a smirk on her face.

Harry looked at Ron. "I will tell you in ten minutes," he said to Ginny.

"But I'll tell Hermione," Ginny huffed.

"Tell her that I said I love you both," Harry smirked.

"Ha-rry" she whined.

Hermione huffed. She knew that Harry had planned something. She'd known him for years, and every time when he had something on his mind like this, he twitched his nose. He was twitching his nose at this very moment!

She was busy trying to cut her chicken leg. The leg was huge! How could a pregnant woman eat such a chicken leg? She put more pressure on her knife, and held the fork more firmly. She increased the speed of the cutting motion. A normal husband would cut the chicken leg for her; she huffed while she looked accusingly at a bewildered looking Harry.

Suddenly the knife slipped along the tough skin of the chicken leg. The pressure of the fork increased more, and launched the chicken leg. It flew in a wide arc over the table straight towards the puree and sprouts on Ron's plate. Hermione watched, stunned, as her flying chicken leg, followed its course towards Ron's plate covered with food.

Ron wanted to spear the next wonderful sprout, when suddenly something looking like a chicken leg landed with great force in his puree ... his food exploded! Food splashed everywhere, including on Ron's face. The worst part of everything was that his sprouts disappeared in the mess!

"Hey!" he screamed infuriated. "Who did that?"

The twin statues gawked extremely amused, while the Moody statue gaped as if it was laughing.

Everyone on the table froze, and looked at the sight.

Bill, Charlie and Ron were under the puree; Charlie had some sprouts in his hair. Everyone turned to Harry with accusing expressions on their faces.

Harry held out his hands. "I am innocent, I did not do anything," he said, while pointedly looking to Hermione's plate.

Suddenly a tearing noise was heard ... the statues of the twins and Moody tore loose from the wall. They were in the process of being transformed to normal bodies again, but this process took time ... at least ten seconds. Fred's body, which was still stiff from being a statue before, dropped headfirst into Ron's plate. George's body - which had the same problem - dropped headfirst onto the table ... right on his crooked nose with a loud clang. Moody was luckier ... he fell straight to the ground and landed sideways ... next to the dining table.

Everyone was frozen for a moment, when suddenly everyone could hear a very strange noise coming from the floor where Moody was lying. Mad-Eye Moody was snickering!

"I never in my life heard such bull-stories during dinner," he grumbled. "But the Weasley boy here" - he pointed to Ron - "had some valid points." He glared with his good eye at Ron; his magical eye was on the twins. Then the expression on his scarred face turned into a twisted smirk.

He turned his attention to Hermione. "How is my Vivienne doing today?" he asked.

-----
A/N: Beta reader for this chapter is Jessica
Sign up to rate and review this story