Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Triangle Disease

Chapter 18

by wimvincken 1 review

Voldemort has cast a very ancient curse with the name Trigonum Morbus on Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. They have only two days to live. Dumbledore searches for the cure and found it ... the least you...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 1680 words

5Exciting
A/N: This chapter: Christmas, part II

A/N: Beta reader: Jessica

-----

(A/N: segment from the last chapter)

Everyone listened to Moody preaching, shocked beyond belief.

Fortunately, the Church service ended after the twins managed to place a silencing charm on Moody, so that he finally shut up, and the people hurried to leave the church. Now their group was on their way home.

When they arrived at the manor via portkey, the group stopped and admired the work of the house elves. The manor had been transformed into one, huge Christmas tree.

-----

"Where is Moody?" asked Harry surprised, looking all around him.

"Terrorizing the elves," Ginny said dryly.

Hermione huffed. "He is checking the security."

"The twins have gone home?" Harry asked hopefully.

"No, they decided to stay. They have a small problem with their apartment. They couldn't stay at the Burrow because of the behavior of a certain toilet. Mum was also not happy with them," said Ginny in a bored tone.

"What happened to their apartment?" asked Harry surprised.

"Well, after they installed the new toilet at the Burrow, Ron got stuck. My mum didn't like the toilet, so she banished the small collection of potions from the twin's room straight into their apartment above the shop, together with the new toilet. There was some kind of reaction when the potions started to mix, and the house, together with half of Diagon Alley was ... let's say ... inhabitable."

Harry grinned. "Thank Merlin that she isn't able to banish stuff here," he said. "Otherwise, we and the elves would be moving into the twins apartment."

Hermione huffed. "I think that the toilet idea from them stinks. It's an awful invention, and marketing the toilets is a bad idea. They might be dangerous as well, what will happen when someone gets swallowed?"

"Then the toilet will spit them out," Ginny said laughing.

Harry and Ginny were grinning, and Hermione was huffing. "Wait until one of you is the victim of a people eating toilet," she said. "Then you'll agree with me."

"Girls, I have a surprise for you. Pisky!"

Pisky popped into the bedroom.

"Is everything ready?" asked Harry with a smile.

"Yes, master Harry. Everything is ready and waiting for you," Pisky answered happily.

Harry turned to the girls and held out his arm. "Shall we?"

Surprised, the girls looked at each other, then at Harry. "Where are we going?" asked Ginny.

"I am going to have a late supper with my wives," Harry said smiling. "Do you mind joining me?"

The girls smiled contentedly. They both took an arm and went into the dining room. The dining room had been changed beyond recognition. Everything was dark, except in the corner where there was a small candle lit table. Harry held out the chairs for his girls, and when they sat down, he took a chair and sat down himself.

Pasky popped in next to Harry and began to serve soup. Posky was filling the glasses with white wine and Pisky came in with a violin and started to play romantic music. The music was magically enhanced, because Harry could hear a whole orchestra, but the music was wonderful.

The girls looked very pleased.

"That is so thoughtful of you, Harry," said a very pleased Hermione. "It's gotten late, and I've already gotten hungry. What is on the menu?"

"That is a surprise," said Harry mysteriously smiling.

"I don't like surprises," Ginny said smugly. "They always tend to be little disasters."

"Don't be a spoilsport, Ginny," Hermione said. "This is a nice surprise, and I will let Harry surprise us. And what can go wrong?"

Ginny smirked. "You forget that Moody and the twins are in the manor."

Hermione looked thoughtful. "Ginny is right. Harry, what is the surprise?"

Harry looked a bit sour. "I don't have the foggiest idea," he said. "I told the elves to surprise us."

Ginny started to laugh, and Hermione looked dangerous to Harry. Then she turned to the table and smelled the wine. "This is not wine," she said.

"No Hermione, this is not real wine. It is a magical equivalent of wine. Everything is there, except the alcohol, and whatever the elves did with it, it tastes the same. It is amazing that you can detect that this is not wine."

"Thanks Harry. This was very sweet of you, and this is indeed a nice surprise. Having a late supper with your husband in pajamas is indeed unexpected. And the candles and music, this is fantastic, I love it." She bowed over and kissed Harry on the lips.

"Tonight you get your reward," she whispered huskily.

-----

"There is nothing wrong with the wards, Moody," said Fred anxiously.

"If you to change them and something goes wrong, you will have the terrible trio on your neck," George said nervously.

"You two are chicken," grumbled Moody. "Nothing is going to go wrong with my additional wards. This will only keep idiots away from the manor."

"Did you see that potions lab in the basement?" said George. "We could easily build our extra potions lab here, and our mum would never find out," he said.

"That is right," said Fred. "I think that you have a wonderful idea, George. You are the true genius of the family. Thank Merlin we are the same."

Moody snorted in the background.

"I know Fred," said George smugly. "Even though you claim to be the oldest, I always have the better ideas."

"Wait, that is not true, the pranks with toilets were my idea," answered Fred irritated.

"Yeah, and that is the reason why we've been kicked out of the Burrow and half of Diagon Alley is poisoned."

Moody snorted again. "And that all the Aurors are looking for you two."

"That is indeed strange," said Fred thoughtfully. "You only get a small rash, if you are in contact with the foam in Diagon Alley. The problem with Aurors is that they don't have any sense of humor."

"Sense of humor, eh?" grumbled Moody. "Half of them are at home sick because of your little rash. I think when those Aurors catch the both of you they will lock you up somewhere, throw away the keys and forget about you."

"So, I am ready with the latest modification to the wards. We are done here. I think I am going to sleep," said Moody satisfied.

"I heard the elves saying that Harry and the girls are having something to eat. I want to ask Harry if it is possible to build our lab here in the manor," said Fred.

"A splendid idea," ended George.

"In that case I will accompany you two, because you never know in what kind of trouble you are going to get into," grinned Moody, anticipating a lot of excitement.

The threesome walked slowly towards the dining room. They opened the doors and entered the large room. Everything was dark, except in the corner, where they saw Harry and the girls in pajamas starting to dine.

"Food," whispered Fred to George. "I'm hungry," George whispered back. Fred took out his wand and pointed it to the small table. He smiled in anticipation, while Moody looked warily at the twins.

"Boys, don't ..."

It was already too late. When Fred started his incarnation, the wards of the Potter's manor came into action.

-----

"That was quite unexpected," Ginny said with a smirk. "The twins and Moody are becoming victims of their own pranks."

"I don't think it was a prank, Ginny," said Hermione thoughtfully. "I think that Moody changed the wards, and the twins triggered them."

"The only thing we need to find out is how to get Moody and the twins off the walls. One thing I know is that is not a sticking charm. They are really part of the wall now," Harry said smirking.

"Well, I think we have enough time. When we have Christmas day tomorrow, we will have three additional statues in the dining hall. I am truly happy that they are not able to speak."

"But they are looking," Hermione said. "Moody in particular is looking murderous, and that can not be healthy for those who must eat in the same room."

"We can hang sheets over their heads," offered Ginny, laughing. "This is so funny."

"Did you two have a good time today?" asked Harry smiling.

"Oh yes, this is the happiest time of my life," a happy Ginny said.

"Yeah, nothing was funnier than when the twins tried to silence Moody in that church. He kept dodging the twin's curses, and used that to prove to those poor people in the church that 'Constant Vigilance' was a necessary 'fact of life'.

"Yes indeed, but they got him in the end, didn't they?" Ginny smirked.

"Yes, but that was not his fault. He climbed that statue of 'Johannes de Doper', and that foolish priest was hanging onto his wooden leg," smiled Hermione.

"I'm going to sleep girls," Harry said.

"But we have that reward for you, Harry," Ginny said with great anticipation.

-----

Early Christmas morning, Remus and his fiancée Antoinette arrived in the dining hall, where Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were already waiting with great anticipation. Everyone was wishing each other merry Christmas and they walked towards the big Christmas tree, where a mountain of packages and gifts were waiting to be unwrapped.

Remus looked strangely at the wall. "I did not know that you had new statues, Harry."

Harry smirked. "Yeah, do you like them? We erected new statues of some of the godparents of our daughters," he smirked.

Remus looked to the statues again, then strangely at Harry. "Are you going to do that with all the godparents, Harry?"

"Look, the statues can change expressions!" exclaimed Antoinette, pointing at Moody and the twins, sticking out of the wall, behind the plaster.

The expression on the faces of the twins changed from apologetic to murderous, and the expression on Moody's face changed from murderous to apologetic.

-----

A/N: Next chapter: Christmas, part III

A/N: Beta reader: Jessica
Sign up to rate and review this story