Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Baby Makes Three

There's a good reason why these tables are numbered

by rori795 4 reviews

The funeral (not all sad, has some funny parts, at least in my opinion, and some dramatic parts too)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-12-15 - Updated: 2006-12-16 - 1702 words

0Unrated
A/N: This is a bit longer then usual. It is also posted a couple of days after I wanted to post it, but I've been so busy with finals this past week. Anway, I hope you guys like it, and I hope you like the story in general, cause I've only gotten two reviews, both from the same person. So if you like it, please review. I'm really having fun writing the story, but if no one likes it I'll prolly just give it up. So let me know.


A few days went by and Hailey, Brendon, Ryan, Cassie, Jon, and Spencer worked on getting Brian and Kylyn's house ready to sell, while the rest of the family worked on funeral arrangements. Hailey found herself getting more stressed out as it became more difficult for her to mother Matthew, as he cried constantly for his mom and dad. Brendon found some time to get together with the guys and do some writing, but most of his time was devoted to trying to keep Hailey sane.

It was the day of the funeral and they were both extremely tense. Cassie had taken the baby for the day, because taking a baby to a funeral was like asking for a disaster.

"How do I look?" Hailey asked Brendon. She was wearing a black dress that had white lace trim and a white satin bow that tied around the back. It fell a few inches short of her knees, and she complemented the dress with black stiletto-heeled boots that were fur-lined for the cold weather. Strands of her wavy auburn hair were pulled loosely into a clip in the back of her head. She looked like she was going to a fashion show and not a funeral. But Brendon always did have a thing for models.

"Stunning," he said as he took her hand in his and kissed it lightly.

"You look quite spiffy yourself," she joked. He was wearing a pure black suit complete with a shiny black tie and shoes.

"Yes, we are going to be the best looking couple there - like always," he straightened his tie in the mirror.

Hailey rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Come on, get in the car you arrogant fuck. You're driving." She threw the keys to him and led him out of the apartment.

When they got to the funeral they were greeted by Jane, who ran up to them, arms outstretched, and hugged and kissed them both before leading them to the second row of the service hall. They sat through the upsetting service holding hands as silent tears flowed down Hailey's cheeks.

After the service, limos lined up outside to take them to the gravesite and then out to lunch. "All the cousins in the third limo," Hailey's Aunt called out to her.

"Oh this is great," Hailey muttered to Brendon, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "The only cousins I ever got along with were Brian and Ky, the others are just weird." Brendon nodded, because he knew it was true. There was Topher who was nice, but only liked to talk about Dungeons and Dragons; Mary, who tried to act as weird as possible all the time - comparable to Ally Sheedy's character in The Breakfast Club and her little sister Rachel, who at eighteen had never had a boyfriend yet had managed to bed seven guys. And as she was constantly telling Brendon, she was willing to make him her eighth. He shuddered at the thought.

True to form, Rachel came up from behind Brendon and gently touched his waist. "I'll save you the seat next to me Bren," she cooed in his ear.

When she walked ahead of them he turned around to Hailey, who was smirking at her cousin's behavior, "She's so creepy," he whispered to her and the two of them giggled.

They crawled into the limo and noticed the seating arrangement. There were three separate benches and each of the cousins occupied their own bench. Rachel looked seductively at Brendon and patted the seat next to her. Luckily, Topher noticed and in a sweet gesture moved to the seat next to Rachel, freeing up his seat for them. "Thank you," Hailey mouthed to him and he nodded in response. Rachel gave him a disgusted glare.

They all sat in silence for a while, Brendon's hand resting on Hailey's thigh. Rachel was the first to speak, "So Brendon, how's the band?"

"Good. We just got done with our tour, so we're going to work on writing a bit until our next tour in the Spring."

"Cool! Do you think you can hook me and some friends up with some backstage passes when you play here?"

"We'll see," Brendon looked nervously down at his hands.

"So how's Ryan?"

"Still with Cassie. And happy," he added. The last thing he wanted was for Rachel to try to break them up. She looked disappointed.

"Spencer and Jon?"

"They're great." He wasn't offering must information and she was getting bored with the conversation.

"So Topher, have you been playing D&D much lately?" Mary and Rachel both groaned at the question, but Hailey was willing to do anything to change the topic. She knew that Brendon loved talking about the band, but not when Rachel was asking the question, and definitely when she had ulterior motives.

They let Topher drone on about the game for the rest of the trip, offering a nod or "uh huh" every once in a while, but mostly just staring out the window.

At the graveyard, Hailey had to switch places with Brendon after Rachel repeatedly tried to grab his hand. "You think that she would stop embarrassing herself after being rejected like a hundred times," he whispered in Hailey's ear and she nodded and shrugged her shoulders.

"She's always been like that, but it's worse with you, cause you just happen to be famous and extremely handsome." He kissed her on the forehead and when Hailey noticed Rachel staring, she smiled sweetly. Rachel rolled her eyes.

Lunch was at a nearby restaurant and a pre-approved menu had been selected. "I'll have the chicken and Brendon will have the trout," Hailey told the waitress, pointing to the selections on the menu.

The waitress nodded then looked down at Brendon, a mix of expressions on her face, and they both knew what was coming next, "Umm, Mr. Urie..." she trailed off, probably realizing that she could possibly be wrong about his identity.

"Yeah?" he said, looking up at her.

She smiled and Hailey guessed her age at around forty-five, "Do you think... could I umm... can I have your autograph? It's for my daughter. She has pictures of you guys all over her room. She's fourteen."

"Of course you can have an autograph," Brendon smiled sweetly up at her and she handed him one of the black check on her pad, "What's her name?"

"Alicia. I want to give it to her as part of her birthday present, along with that special edition CD/DVD that you guys have."

He smiled, nodded, and wrote, "Dearest Alicia, It's always wonder to hear of such a devoted fan. Happy Birthday! Love, Brendon Urie" He handed the note back to the waitress and she thanked him profusely before walking away.

"That was cute," Hailey said, leaning closer to him.

He had a huge smile on his face, "It's always nice to be recognized like that. I mean, not recognized like being chased out of the mall by a bunch of girls, but in a nice, quiet way like that. It's still kinda new to me."

Just then, Hailey's grandmother came bounding up to the table and pulled a seat in between Hailey and Brendon. "I'm so glad you came today Brendon," she said, putting her arm around his shoulder, "It's nice to see that you care so much about Hailey that you'll come to something like this."

"I'm glad I came today too Grandma," he had taken to calling her Grandma when she insisted that he do so a few months earlier.

"You two will have to come to the club with me one day. I still want to show you off to the girls. They've been dying to meet you ever since I told them about your engagement."

Hailey and Brendon gaped at each other with panged looks on their faces, "Grandma we aren't engaged!" Hailey practically yelled.

"You aren't?" her Grandmother looked confused, "Could have fooled me, the way you two act together. I guess that explains why I haven't gotten a save-the-date card in the mail. Oh well, I didn't mean to scare you two. You should've seen the looks on your faces when I said that, like it was the end of the world or something," she laughed, "I remember when I was your age, I didn't want to get married either. Anyway, now that I've embarrassed myself, my granddaughter and her boyfriend, how are you doing with Matthew, Hailey?"

"We're doing okay Grandma. He's cranky because he misses his mom and dad, but he'll calm down eventually."

"Well, don't forget to bring him to see me sometime."

"I will Grandma."

The older woman moved her chair and walked back to her table. If Hailey and Brendon would have been paying closer attention, they could have heard her say to Jane, "I give them a year before they're married."

"I'm going to go to the little boy's room," Brendon said, excusing himself from the table. A minute later, across the room, where she'd been placed purposefully, Rachel excused herself to "go have a smoke outside".

She rounded the corner to the bathrooms just as Brendon was exiting the men's room. "There you are," she said, quickening her pace toward him.

"Oh God, what do you want?" he asked.

"This." She said, reaching up to his neck and pulling his head down quick, crashing her lips against his.

Brendon struggled, but her grip on him was tight and it took a minute for him to break away. As he did he turned to see Hailey, who had just rounded the corner. Her eyes wide, she spurted out, "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Sign up to rate and review this story