Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Baby Makes Three

She Didn't Choose This Role

by rori795 1 review

Just read it...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 1077 words

0Unrated
Cassie and Hailey worked on packing up clothes, food, and diapers, while the guys worked on collapsing the bed and the changing table. While the three of them were packing the stuff in the car Hailey fed Matthew and changed his diaper. He hadn't cried yet and she couldn't bare to think of how much crying there would be when he started to miss his parents. She had started to cry just at the idea of it when Brendon walked in. He kneeled down behind me kissed her cheek. Hailey turned her face to his pulled him in for a kiss, which distracted her just long enough for Matt to start to move toward the only uncovered outlet in the house. Why do babies always want to play with what they shouldn't?

Thankfully Brendon had enough sense to keep one eye open. He swiftly broke the kiss and plunged across the room, grabbing Matthew around the waist and pulling him up into his arms.

Hailey watched, wide eyed and then burst into tears. "What's wrong?" Brendon asked, laughing a little about the disaster that almost happened.

"I'm going to be a terrible guardian... mother... whatever I am. I can't even keep him from putting his finger in sockets!"

"He didn't put his finger in a socket."

"Yeah, only because you're here. If it were only me, he would have put his finger in that socket."

"Umm, if it were only you, you wouldn't be distracted kissing, so technically it's my fault," he smiled at her with those perfect lips, trying to cheer her up.

His attempt worked because she smiled up at him and stood up. She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly, with Matthew in the middle. The baby made a cooing sound, making both Hailey and Brendon chuckle.

"Aww, the perfect family," Cassie sighed from the doorway staring at the three of them. Hailey shot her a warning look. Brendon was being so supportive and great about this whole thing, the last thing Hailey wanted to do was scare him off. She knew that he wasn't ready to settle down, he was only nineteen years old, and frankly she wasn't ready to settle either. "I mean, umm, we, umm, got everything packed in the cars," Cassie finished flustered a little bit from Hailey's glare.

Hailey's face softened and she smiled at her friend, "Thanks Cass." She grabbed the baby from Brendon and led the way out the door to the car.

***

"I think it's a good idea if I stay with you for a while," Brendon said to Hailey later that evening, as she was putting Matthew in his pajamas.

"Are you sure about that? I mean, don't you have some of your own stuff that you're working on right now?"

"Yeah, but this is really important to me. I want to stay and I want to help. Besides, I can work on some band stuff from here."

"I love you Brendon."

"I love you too."

He leaned in to kiss her, but she pushed him away playfully, "Don't want to relive that lovely little incident from earlier, do we?"

"No, definitely not," Brendon laughed.

"I'm just going to put him to bed. I'll be out in a few minutes." Brendon smiled at her and closed the door on his way out of the guestroom/makeshift nursery.

Hailey was able to get Matthew to sleep quickly and after putting him down with the baby monitor, she walked into her room. She burst into laughter as she took in the sight in front of her: Brendon laying completely naked on her bed.

"What are you doing?!" she laughed.

"Waiting for someone to join me," he smiled and patted the spot next to him on the bed.

She walked across the room and joined him on the bed, blushing violently. She had seen him naked plenty of times, but this time he had caught her off guard. That was one of the things she loved about Brendon - his ability to be totally unpredictable. He grabbed her face and pulled it toward his, meeting her lips in a passionate kiss. Slowly as their kiss deepened he stripped her clothes off and caressed the different parts of her body. That was another thing Hailey loved about Brendon - he was a magnificent lover...

***

"Thanks for your help today," Hailey whispered to Brendon later that night as they both lay half asleep.

"Anything for you, babe," he pulled her closer to him and tightened his grip.

"It's weird isn't it?" She asked.

"What is?"

"This whole thing. Brian and Ky are dead. We're never going to see them again. I'm not even out of college yet and I have to act like a mother. I'm twenty years old. I can't be a mother."

"That's not true, I've seen the way you are around Matthew. He's lucky to have you in his life."

She smiled and brushed her lips against his, "I'm lucky to have you in my life."

"Remember the first time we met?"

"How could I not? I hated you," her smile widened thinking back on that day almost a year ago.

"A fact which you made known," he laughed, "I think you told everyone you hated me. When I finally won you over, the guys thought I was making it up."

"Well you did spill scalding hot coffee all over my brand new outfit."

"And you screamed at me in front of everyone in the store and embarrassed me in front of Ryan."

"Until you agreed to pay for my dry cleaning bill."

"Agreed to pay for your bill? Honey, I was shoving money at you, trying to make sure that you didn't sue me for burning you."

"I'm not that type, I don't believe in suing people for mistakes."

"Could have fooled me."

"But then you changed your mind and said that you wouldn't pay for my dry cleaning bill unless I went out to dinner with you."

"Because you were so hot when you were angry," Brendon giggled.

"And I agreed to go, even though I was still pissed. I was cooled off by the time of our date though. I wasn't mad anymore."

"Really? You acted mad."

"I didn't want to be a pushover. I was playing hard to get."

"Well it worked I guess, because I've got you now," he said wistfully.

"Yeah," she smiled as she drifted off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story