Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Triangle Disease

Chapter 6

by wimvincken 2 reviews

Voldemort has cast a very ancient curse with the name Trigonum Morbus on Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. They have only two days to live. Dumbledore searches for the cure and found it ... the least you...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1344 words

5Ambiance
Triangle Disease - Chapter 6

-----

A/N: My beta reader for this story is fuggernut
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

The three men walked into a jewelry shop, which was located next to Flourish and Blotts. The shop wasn't large, but it was deep. Harry could see glass panels with jewelry everywhere.

"Can I help you, gentlemen?" an elderly lady asked politely. "My name is Mrs. Robins."

"Uhm ... yes ... Mrs. Robins, we are looking for marriage rings," Harry asked.

Mrs. Robins looked to Mr. Weasley, then to Mr. Granger. "Gentlemen?"

"Well, uhm, they're for him" Mr. Weasley pointed to Harry.

Mrs. Robins frowned a little. "Well, please take a look at the glass cases here and tell me which ones you are interested in. And of course this depends on your budget."

Harry bent towards Mrs. Robins. "Mrs. Robins, please, money is not an issue. If one of my companions ask for the price, please don't tell them. The costs are not important."

"As you please, Mr. ...?"

"I'm sorry, my name is Potter, this is Mr. Weasley and this is Mr. Granger. "

She swiftly glanced at his scar, but that was the only thing she recognized of him.

"Please come with me," she said.

She walked bristly to a series of glass cases. "These are engagement rings," she said, pointing to the left case. "And these are marriage rings," pointing to the right case. "All of these rings can adapt to the size of the finger."

Mr. Weasley, Mr. Granger and Harry were examining the rings intently.

"When is the engagement taking place, Mr. Potter?"

"The engagements were this afternoon." Harry replied absentmindedly.

"This afternoon ... and ... what about the engagement ring?" Mrs. Robins asked confused.

"Had none, because there was no time."

"No engagement ring?" Mrs. Robins replied, shocked. "But there is no engagement without the proper ring. Why don't you look for the engagement ring first, and come for the marriage ring later?"

"I don't have time, because we are going to marry within two hours."

Mrs. Robins' eyes went wide. "Are you the type that marries immediately without a normal engagement time, like those muggles do all the time?" she asked scandalized.

"It gets even better," Mr. Granger interrupted. "He's marrying two girls at the same time."

"TWO!" Mrs. Robins shrieked.

"And he never even had the time for the talk about the birds and bees," Mr. Weasley whispered with a big grin.

"Never ..." stuttered Mrs. Robins.

"That's right," Mr. Granger's smile grew "...and when we tried to explain it to him, he fainted."

A devilish smile appeared on Harry's face. "And these two fine gentlemen will be my fathers-in-law."

She looked to the two fathers appalled. "Oh ... how could you", Mrs. Robins said, outraged. "The poor girls!"

"Look out Harry, otherwise she might kick us out," Mr. Weasley whispered in his ear. "You won't have any rings then, and this shop is the only one."

Harry looked to the glass case. "Can you show me this ring, Mrs. Robins?" He pointed to an interwoven thin band ring with a set of diamonds.

"At least you have good taste, Mr. Potter," Mrs. Robins said while taking the ring out of the case.

"This ring is called the 'Oval Splendor', as you can see, there are large ovals interwoven by a thin band of pave set diamonds - symbolizing the way joy weaves through life, with the ups and downs," Mrs. Robins said.

"This diamond ring can be a stand-alone or a lovely compliment to a diamond engagement setting."

"Do you have two of such rings, Mrs. Robins?"

Mrs. Robins huffed. "No, we have only unique rings here, Mr. Potter."

Mr. Granger pointed to a ring, almost in the form of a small crown. "Can you show us this ring, Madame? I think that my girl would love this one."

Mrs. Robins took the ring out of the glass case.

"This ring is called 'the Princess'. This unique diamond wedding band with its distinctive stepped setting is very beautiful. The seven cut diamonds have a total weight of 1.60cts. This ring is 18kt gold. This ring can also be a stand-alone or a lovely compliment to a diamond engagement setting."

Mr. Weasley looked at the clock. "We'll take them," he said. "We only have one hour left."

"So what?" Harry asked. "We have enough time!"

"No, you need to have dress robes as well."

Harry turned to Mrs. Robins. "We'll take them both."

"And what about the engagement ring?" Mrs. Robins asked, her eyebrows shooting up.

"Yes, those too."

"That is a total of 18,900 galleons, Mr. Potter. Would you care for a bank transfer?" Mrs. Robins whispered.

Harry arranged a back-transfer check for the shop itself to transfer the money, received four boxes with the rings, put them into his robe pockets and left the shop in haste. "Thank Merlin I only marry once," he murmured under his breath.

"And two in one go," Mr. Granger murmured behind his back.

The three went to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions to buy dress robes. Harry entered and Madam Malkin herself welcomed them into the shop.

"Madam Malkin, we need dress robes for all of us, please." Harry asked anxiously.

"And what is the occasion, Mr. Potter?"

"A wedding."

Madam Malkin looked to the two fathers. "Which one of you is the groom?"

Both men smiled and pointed to Harry. "He is the groom."

Madam Malkin's eyes went wide. "Mr. Potter, congratulations ... please come with me, I might have something special for you. Greta, please help these fine gentlemen with their dress robes- for a wedding."

After fifty minutes, the three men exited the shop. Harry was having trouble with his neck, the suit they'd gotten instead was killing him. "I am a wizard, for Merlin's sake. Why did I let you both talk myself into such torture?"

Mr. Weasley was very enthusiastic. "But Harry, this is amazing, because it is a muggle contraption and it has such interesting buttons. What is a zipper?"

Mr. Granger grimaced. "It is a replacement for buttons, Arthur."

"And how does it work, Dan?"

"Never mind that, Arthur."

They hurried to the entrance of Gringotts to wait for the girls. After ten minutes of torturous waiting the girls showed up with large bags and happy expressions on their faces. "Oh my, you three look so good." Mrs. Granger said enthusiastically.

Mrs. Weasley looked less sure, but said nothing. Harry was busy pulling on his tie.

Ginny came up to him and helped him. After she was finished, she stood on her toes and kissed him softly on the lips. Harry instantly became quiet and felt much better.

"I think it's time to go to the ministry," Mr. Weasley said. They entered Gringotts and flooed to the ministry.

-----

After the short floo trip, Mr. and Mrs. Granger were looking very green. "Mr. Granger, don't puke on the carpet, it looks new," Harry smirked.

"Why you little ..."

"Tut, tut, you're talking to your son-in-law; you would not want to hurt such a nice boy, right? Think about what your daughter might tell you." Harry said taunting.

Madame Bones was already waiting for them. Next to her was a fat woman with a very unpleasant face. Oh ho ho, another Dolores Umbridge, Harry thought.

"Hi Harry, this is Mrs. Brogan. This kind woman can tell you all about marriage and such," Madame Bones said with a smile. Mrs. Brogan was grimacing.

"Oh that's alright, Madame Bones. I already know enough, thanks to my fathers-in-law." He looked threateningly to the two, who hesitantly confirmed what he'd said, eyeing Mrs. Brogan warily.

"In that case, everything is much simpler," Madame Bones said. "Let's go to my office and get this over with, shall we?"

Everyone followed Madame Bones. Once they were at the door, Madame Bones stopped and turned to the men of the company.

"Well gentlemen, here we must split. The women will go first to prepare themselves, while you wait in the waiting room. We will see you soon."
Sign up to rate and review this story