Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Triangle Disease

Chapter 2

by wimvincken 2 reviews

Voldemort has cast a very ancient curse with the name Trigonum Morbus on Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. They have only two days to live. Dumbledore searches for the cure and found it ... the least you...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-15 - 1948 words

5Funny
A/N: My beta reader for this story is fuggernut

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP characters

-----

Triangle Disease - Chapter 2

Harry was sitting on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room. Hermione and Ginny were seated in the opposite one, softly whispering with each other. Harry could not help but feel extreme dissatisfaction with his life and with the headmaster.

He was forced to live the summer months with the Dursleys, his godfather had been killed and he felt very lonely. Most of his problems were because of the headmaster. If it wasn't for Dumbledore, he wouldn't have to go Privet drive at all.

If the headmaster would have informed him about the prophecy earlier ... Sirius could still be alive. Moreover, Harry suspected that many things were still hidden from him because of the headmaster's stupid 'for your own good'.

All of his friends seemed to be having a good time; Ron was with Luna in Sweden, Hermione was leaving for a long vacation in France very soon and Ginny would sit safely away in the Burrow and later she would visit Dean, her boyfriend. He himself would ... be imprisoned at the Dursley's.

Suddenly Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix, appeared in red flames in the center of the room with a note in its talons. Harry took the note, read it, and stood up.

"Dumbledore wants us to go to his office," he said to the girls.

They left the Gryffindor tower and headed to the headmaster's office.

They entered upon arriving and took the offered seats.

Dumbledore looked at them gravely.

"I am going to tell you something, and I request that you do not interrupt me until I am finished. Then you can ask anything you want. Is that acceptable?"

Harry looked, surprised, to the headmaster. That was so unlike him.

"You really mean any question? "

"Yes, Harry, any question."

"And will the answer be complete, headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, Hermione."

"And we will understand the answer, sir? Nothing vague and fuzzy?"

"Indeed, Ginevra."

The three looked to the headmaster expectantly, while Harry could not hide his feelings of contempt.

The headmaster flinched ... many things which he regretted had been done and many things were still unsaid. He opened a drawer and took out an old tomb, placing it on the table.

"First of all, the restriction of underage magic is lifted from the three of you. Second, you will all be legally emancipated ... we shall receive the documents by owl within a couple of hours. Third, I want to tell you, Harry, everything about the Potter's heritage, and much more. Fourth, you all three of you have been cursed by Voldemort ... and we've found the cure to neutralize that curse.

The curse is called Trigonum Morbus. This is an old spell from Egypt, developed many thousands of years ago. The curse can only be targeted to males under sixteen and still virgin. After the curse hits it's target, it splits itself and chooses two other female victims who have an emotional bond with the first victim.

Voldemort cursed you six hours ago, Harry. When you were hit, Ginny and Hermione were hit as well. When the cure is not applied within twenty-four hours of impact, all three of you will be killed. Death will come by your magical cores exploding.

The cure is not a potion, medicine or any other medical action, it is rather something ... a little ... unconventional. However, so is the curse.

Harry, you need to bind yourself to and impregnate Hermione and Ginny. These means must be applied within twenty-four hours after being cursed, which means you have eighteen hours left.

Ginevra, I've talked with your parents already and they have been informed. They are waiting for you in the Gryffindor tower now.

Hermione, your parents are in New York for the dentist conference. At this moment, steps are being made to bring them to Hogwarts, only then can we speak to them.

So ... I am finished and now your questions. I hope I was clear and to the point."

He sighed and relaxed in his chair.

"I wish that you hadn't been," the headmaster heard a painting mumbling.

The three youngsters were looking at the professor dumbstruck ... none of them could say a word and were trying to understand what had been said.

Hermione was the first to recover.

"Professor Dumbledore, if I understand you correctly ... we are cursed by Voldemort and we will die within two days unless Harry marries both of us and we become pregnant."

"Basically, that is correct," Tthe headmaster answered.

"And how did he manage to curse me and the girls at the same time, when eight hours ago I was sleeping at Privet drive within the protections that nobody can penetrate?" Harry asked.

"The curse is not location based. Everywhere in the world is targetable. There is nothing that can stop the curse. It will hit you, split into two separate curses, and hit two females whom you love the most.

The curse is binding you, Ginny, and Hermione to each other and all three of you will suffer the same consequences. By binding yourselves in marriage and conceiving children you counteract the Trigonum Morbus."

"Trigonum Morbus means 'triangle illness', headmaster?" Hermione asked.

"Almost, Ms. Granger, it is translated into English as 'triangle disease'," the headmaster replied.

"Tell me, headmaster. My parents left me a vault with some money in it. Would that be enough for the things which are to come?" Harry asked.

"You are a Potter, Harry. This means that you are very rich. Normally you would be able to access your heritage once you were sixteen, but the circumstances have changed and you'll have access to them within several hours. You are financially well secured and would be able to support many wives, so no need to worry."

"Is it allowed to marry more than one woman? "Harry asked quietly. "You talked about binding Ginny and Hermione to me."

"There is a pureblood law which allows a head of house like you to have more than one wife. The requirements are that you have a certain amount of money per wife and that you are a pureblood head of house. In your case the requirements are filled and you'd be able to have even more wives. The money will go to the parents of the wife in question.

All was quiet after those statements.

"And what happens if my parents do not agree?" Hermione asked.

"Then you all die," the headmaster said quietly.

Harry stood up from the chair. "Headmaster, I'd like to discuss this with Hermione and Ginny. Hermione's parents are coming soon, I hope. Let's see what happens when they arrive and we start making decisions."

"Decisions, Harry?"

"Yes, headmaster, decisions. What you dumped on our heads today is tremendously shocking and it is restricting us ... as usual ... only you included two of my friends as well this time, and now the picture has changed.

You and their parents won't make any decision concerning us. We will make the decision, nobody else. It doesn't make much difference as for the result, but this is important to us. At least for me. However, if we decide not to go through with this, we have the right to die on our own terms.

You and Ginny's and Hermione's parents won't be forced to live together for the rest of your lives, we are. And this is something we have to decide upon ourselves."

He grabbed the hands of the two girls and almost dragged them out of the office ... he slammed the door close behind him. "The old, manipulating coot," he murmured softly under his breath.

Ginny, who heard him murmuring, started to laugh. "Those were words taken from my mouth, Harry. That all reminded me of the time in my first year after you rescued me. Only that time I didn't have the guts to say anything."

Hermione only smiled, but said nothing.

The three walked slowly and quietly to the Gryffindor tower.

When they reached the tower, they decided to sit down in the common room.

Hermione was the first to speak.

"Harry, if we want to live, we need to do what the headmaster said."

Harry looked to Ginny. "What do you think, Gin?"

"I don't want to die, Harry. And if that means that I have to marry and sleep with you, then that's what I'll do."

"But you're not alone in this, Hermione has to do the same," Harry said. He turned to the other girl. "Are you willing to share a husband with someone?"

"Normally, the answer would be a resolute no, but... the alternative here is death, so I don't see any other possibility."

"I thought that you liked Ron?" Harry asked, already blushing.

"I do, but not as potential husband material."

Harry turned to Ginny. "And I thought that you liked Dean? Isn't he your boyfriend?"

Ginny flashed Weasley red. "That was only to get Ron off my back, Harry. I don't have a boyfriend at the moment."

Harry turned to Hermione again. "Do you see me as potential husband material, Hermione?"

She looked him straight in the eye. "Now I do."

Ginny laughed.

"And you, Gin?"

Ginny started blushing even more. "Yes I do, Harry."

"What about you, Harry? " Hermione asked.

"I don't want a husband and I'm truly not interested in having myself as a lifemate."

Hermione smirked and Ginny laughed again. She hit his arm. "Seriously, Harry!"

The boy became serious. "This summer I couldn't give a damn about Dumbledore, the Order, Voldemort ... even school. For my friends' sake I'd talk, but definitely not for the adults in my life. I was even thinking of disappearing in the muggle world and never coming back again.

Because of the Trigonum Morbus, I am now forced to act differently, the same as you two. I truly did not see myself as married before Voldemort was gone. Everything has changed. I'm not afraid of dying ... and this summer I didn't care if that happens to me. Now it's different."

He looked at Ginny and smiled softly.

"If we do it, I want to do it good. The headmaster and your parents are going to work for their money. I don't know who my magical guardian is, but I'll find out very soon.

To come back to your original question Hermione, I am willingl if you both are.

However, one last thing ... when we are married, I don't want to continue our education at Hogwarts, but live in one of my properties, assuming I have them, and hire private tutors. I want to be as far away as possible from the manipulating headmaster and the dangers lurking here, namely the Deatheaters' children, and I want to guarantee safety and comfort for my brides and children."

Hermione started to laugh.

"I think I agree with you. If we are forced to go into this marriage, let us make it worthwhile."

Ginny nodded.

"I am happy that you all agree. When I get pregnant, I would never feel safe here in the castle, whatever the headmaster is telling me. If we could live somewhere else, then that would be more than acceptable with me."

Again, Fawkes appeared in the common room with a note. Ginny took the note and read it. "It is time ... they're waiting for us in the headmaster's office."

This time the three walked towards the headmaster's office hand in hand; Harry in the middle, flanked by the two girls. If Ron could see this, he'd explode.

-----

A/N: Thanks fuggernut for beta reading the chapter.

A/N: Thanks for all the reviews
Sign up to rate and review this story