Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Return

#+.36n☻

by roxbury 6 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Dudley - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-08-14 - Updated: 2007-11-08 - 3533 words

5Exciting
I neglected to mention that these first two chapters were pretty much written by Shezza88, author of Harry Potter and the Stargate. I merely went through them. The next chapters though, are all me.

And I'm pretty sure I should say this at least once; I am nor J.K. Rowling, and I do not own Harry Potter, and anything recognizable within the story is probably hers. The plot is Shezza's, and the computer's mine. But only just barely.

Also, these chapters have been written for a long time. I have no intention of updating daily. Or even weekly. This authoring business takes time, you know.

-----

Harry and Lily reappeared back in his room at the Dursleys. Harry dropped the little ball, and it turned black before shattering and fading away. He looked around and frowned.

"Damn, my stuff's gone," he muttered. He bent down and pried open the loose floorboard. Thankfully, his Invisibility Cloak was still there, along with some stored away food. Realising how hungry he was, he grabbed a cake Mrs Weasley sent to him.

"Do you, er - do you want some?" Harry asked softly. Lily shook her head resolutely as Harry dug into the cake. He had different eating habits than James, who would tear at his food. Harry seemed to revel in every piece of cake, making sure than not even a crumb was dropped. When he was finished, he turned back to Lily.

"So, er - do you want to talk?" He asked hesitantly.

"Why?" Lily said as she sat down on the bed next to him. "Why did you help him?"

"I didn't have a choice." Harry said slowly. "The needs of many outweigh the needs of one. If I had refused..."

"Who did he threaten?" Lily asked, her green eyes regarding Harry sadly.

"The world," Harry muttered. "He threatened to set off nuclear bombs in every major city in the world. Also, he had somebody in a torture cell. I couldn't let him do it."

"Oh, Harry," Lily murmured silently as she hugged him. Harry leant into her touch, basking in the feelings of affection and love that he had been so long denied. "I understand."

Harry cocked a small smile. "I didn't even know what I was meant to do." He explained. "Voldemort didn't tell me anything, and then you kissed me and..." he trailed off.

Lily looked a little embarrassed. "It's part of the ritual. I didn't actually do anything; it was more body that did. It was like an animal, with simple and basic emotions. For the ritual to work, the body needed life energy. And because you were the only person available, it took yours, not that it would have taken anyone else's. So it made your body like itself and drained your energy. In other words, you're half-dead like me."

"I'm half-dead?" Harry said, cocking an eyebrow.

Lily nodded sadly. "We both are. You sacrificed some of your life energy to bring my soul back from the dead. Life energy restores itself, though."

"So we'll both be fine?" Harry asked happily.

Lily hesitated. "I suggest you read the book," she said finally. Harry looked curious, before reaching for the small black book that was lying on his bed. He quickly read through it.

Upon completion of the Nocturnus Tronjus Pur ritual, there are two possible outcomes.

The first outcome is that the newly reborn subject will die within a week as their life energy is drained away. There is a 90% chance of this occurring. You will know that this has happened if either of your skin is scorched and black. This will have occurred because you do not have enough raw power necessary to complete the ritual. The day the subject dies, you will have about a week to live before you too perish.

Harry quickly gave himself and Lily a once over and sighed. Hopefully Stage Two was better.

The second outcome will only occur if you have the magical power needed to animate both yourself and your subject. There are several side-effects that must be taken into account.

Number One: Nor you or your subject are alive, or not in the sense that every human is. While your brain works, you can systematically switch off your vital organs, take massive damage to your body save for your heard and survive poisons and other spells and accidents that would kill normal humans.

Number Two: You will not age. Your body is dead in that way. Should you be pubescent, you will continue to grow to your full height. You are much like a vampire, save that you do not have their weaknesses and you do not need blood to survive. Indeed, you do not need to eat, though it is strongly suggested.

Number Three: While you can stop your heart, it is not recommended for large periods of time. Despite the fact that you are dead, your body still remains alive. To stop the fuel and oxygen from circulating your system would cause your body to start decomposing. There are a few spells that can revitalise this tissue if it does start to rot and they are found in the back of this book.

Number Four: While the Killing Curse may not hurt you, several Necromantic spells will be able to cause great pain, and infrequently, death. Luckily, the majority of those can be blocked.

Number Five: Your head is your only weak spot. The brain controls your body and your mind. Any physical spell, ie. an exploding spell, aimed at your head will kill you for good, as it would any other creature.

Number Six: Your body is no longer confined to the mortal limits. You will find that you can physically do much more than any other species on the planet, though Vampires come to a close second.

Number Seven: You are now a Necromancer. You control the undead, whether it is Vampires, Zombies, Dementors or ghosts.

Number Eight: If you are the relative who summoned the dead female, you must keep the life energy flowing into her. She will only have about a week before her life energy is spent and she needs to be refilled. In order to do that, you must either sacrifice a human life or give her your own life energy that would have slowly built up by then. A human sacrifice requires a ritual and last for up to one or two months. A life energy transfer requires sexual intercourse and lasts for a week.

"No," Harry moaned as he dropped the book.

Lily nodded sadly. "I'm sorry," she said. "I only have a week before I die."

"What?" Harry asked, his emerald eyes teary. "No! We can find a human sacrifice!" Lily looked confused as she bent down to pick the book up. After reading through it thoroughly she looked confused.

"I was told that this ritual was much different," she muttered.

"Could it be one of Voldemort's tricks?" Harry questioned. Lily grabbed Harry's wand and waved it sharply, muttering several charms while Harry watched in wonder. She sighed and put the book down.

"It's true," Lily said. "Not even Voldemort can hope to break through my charms."

"Wow," Harry muttered as he stared at Lily in a new light. Lily blushed slightly and put down the book and the wand. Harry laid back down on the bed and Lily laid next to him, her hands playing with his hair as she hugged him. "You've grown up to be a wonderful man." She said softly. "Tell me about your life."

So Harry did. He told her of the Dursleys, the cupboard, of recieving his letter, of his seeker position, of the Stone, of the Chamber of Secrets, of Sirius, of the Tournament, of Cedric, of Umbridge, of the DA, of the Ministry of Magic, of the Prophecy. When he was done, he was exhausted and elated. "You know, for so long when I was younger I wished that someone would come and take me away from here," he said softly. "It feels so good to actually tell somebody all this."

Lily smiled as she stroked his hair, though her gaze was filled with anger. "Relax, Harry," she said in a soothing voice. Harry smiled and stretched, knocking over the book to the ground. There was a rumble from downstairs.

"BOY!" Vernon shouted in rage. There was a roar as Vernon barged upstairs and slammed the door open. His eyes widened before he took on a fierce look of rage. "HOW DARE YOU! WE HAD FREAKS IN THIS HOUSE BECAUSE OF YOU AND HERE YOU ARE, ON A BED WITH SOME TRAMP!"

Harry wore an outraged expression on his face. "Don't you fucking call my mother a tramp!" he snarled. Lily turned her head, her emerald eyes glinting angrily. Vernon paled largely and staggered back as Lily got up and walked towards him. He gave a stutter, before he ran from the room. Harry couldn't help it and started laughing madly.

"That was good," he gasped through his chuckling.

Lily beamed. "Thank you, thank you," she said and bowed. She looked up and her mouth curved into a mischievous smile. "How about I go pay my 'dear' sister a visit?"

Harry perked up and quickly jumped off the bed. As the two walked downstairs, they were met by Vernon with a rifle. "BACK!" he roared. Petunia took a look at her sister and staggered back into the kitchen, mouth wide and face pale and white.

"Oh, Petty! Come back, come back! I wanna play!" Lily called as she reached the bottom of the stairs. Vernon had had enough and he fired off two booming shots. The bullets hit Harry and Lily both in the chest and they slumped back. Harry felt a small pain as he looked down at his quickly blood soaked clothes. With no effort, he instinctively switched off his heart and stopped the blood flow. Concentrating, he commanded his body to eject the bullet and a small lump of metal clanged as it fell from the wound. Closing his eyes, he frowned and started rebuilding the torn and damaged tissue. When it was done, he opened his eyes and smiled. He looked over at Lily, who had just done the same. It had been instinctual for both of them.
Vernon was gaping like a madman and his hands were shaking as he dropped his rifle to the ground. Harry walked past him and into the Kitchen. Lily regarded him coldly, before she backhanded him with great force, knocking him off his feet and slamming him into a wall, which crumbled as he slid down it.

"Next time, try shooting someone who isn't dead," she hissed before joining Harry in the kitchen. Petunia was pressed up against a wall, just regaining consciousness as she stared at Lily in confusion.

"B-But you're d-dead!" she stammered.

"Yes, I am," Lily hissed coldly as she stalked forwards. "Now how about telling me why you locked my son in a cupboard?"

Harry smirked but turned around as the front door opened and Dudley walked in as if he owned the place. He took a look at his father, who was slumped against a wall, a trail of blood leading from about an inch from the ceiling all the way to the floor. His beady eyes saw Harry, and with a roar, he charged and Harry prepared himself for the blows as Dudley swung a fist. Harry quickly tried to knock it aside and was surprised when he did it with very little effort. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. It was very peculiar. Dudley also looked surprised, especially when Harry slammed his fist into his chin and he went flying, bouncing off the ceiling as he slammed into the ground.

"Harry?" Lily called.

"Yes, mum?" Harry replied as he walked back into a ruined kitchen.

"It seems to be the 1st of September, honey." Lily said kindly. "The train is about to leave. Shall I Apparate us over?"

"That would be great!" Harry exclaimed. He raised his wand. "Accio cloak!" As soon as his Invisibility cloak was summoned, Lily grabbed him into a hug and they both disappeared in a small pop.

They reappeared just as the train was about to leave. Luckily they were both wearing hooded robes and they kept their heads down as they boarded. Harry quickly found an empty compartment and they climbed aboard. There was a silence as the train took off, picking up speed.

"So, what do we do?" Harry asked Lily.

Lily hesitated. "Do I want to die again?" she murmured.

"I don't want you to die," Harry said softly, his head down. Lily felt her heart twinge and she gathered her son into a hug as he clutched her and cried. After his tears had subsided, Harry basked in the feeling of his mother's love.

"I don't want to leave you again," Lily said. "But you will be looked on as evil when everyone finds out."

"Why?" Harry shouted suddenly. Luckily he had placed silencing charms on the compartment. "Why can't they let me be happy!"

Lily regarded her son in sorrow. "You are now a Necromancer. Your use of the Nocturnus Tronjus pur ritual will also upset a lot of Muggleborns and half bloods, which are not used to such things. The Purebloods, while used to interbreeding and as such, will hate you for being a Necromancer."

"I don't care, I don't fucking care!" Harry replied stubbornly. "I've never asked for anything, after all the things I have done! They will let me have this, or they can deal with Voldemort themselves!"

"Harry!" Lily admonished.

"I'm not joking!" Harry snapped. "I have been ridiculed, mocked, held in awe, pointed at, laughed at and used as a scapegoat. They will grant me this wish!"

"What about the life energy?" Lily asked softly. "We need a human sacrifice or..."

Harry turned beet red. "Maybe... maybe those who were granted the Dementors kiss could be used. Technically their bodies are still alive. If not... then I guess I'll have to..."

Lily also blushed slightly. "Maybe we'll see what Albus has to say," she said hastily.

"Good idea," Harry said as he sat down.

The train pulled into Hogsmeade station and two cloaked figures got off, one dressed in white, the other dressed in black. They seemingly floated towards the castle giving off an Aura of death and met Professor McGonagall, who kept her wand close.

"Can I help you?" she asked sternly.

Harry pulled back his hood and smiled broadly. "Hello, Professor!" he said cheerily.

McGonagall's eyes bulged and she looked absolutely amazed. "Potter!" she whispered. "You're alive!"

"They don't call me the Boy-Who-Lived for nothing," Harry answered. "Do you know where the Headmaster is?"

"In the Great Hall," she answered, still stunned.

"Thank you," Harry answered and he stalked off into the castle, followed by his cloaked friend. McGonagall stared after him as the first of the students arrived at the doors, curious in why their normally composed professor was looking so shocked.

"Headmaster?" Harry called as he walked into the Great Hall. There were gasps from the various Professors as Dumbledore looked overjoyed. He stood, his face beaming and his twinkling eyes regarding Harry fondly.

"Harry, we had thought you as dead," he said.

"You're much closer than you think," Harry inaudibly, before he spotted Umbridge at the table. "What's she doing here?" he snapped.

Umbridge gave a sickening smile. "That will be ten points off Gryffindor for your disgraceful tone," she said sweetly.

Dumbledore looked faintly annoyed, before he covered it up with a huge smile. "She has been appointed by the Ministry again to make sure that Hogwarts is ready, just in case Lord Voldemort tried to attack."

Harry glared at the witch. "Fantastic," he muttered. "We'll all be dead within the week." Snape, who had a large scar down the side his face and held a cane, smiled. /Please don't do that again; it's very disturbing/, Harry thought.

"Mr Potter!" Umbridge snapped. "That will be another ten points! And you can tell me where you were for the last three days! The Ministry has been wasting precious resources to find you, you stupid little boy."

"I've been hiding from you," Harry said smirking. "Your face alone drove me away for weeks, gave me nightmares. I had to see a therapist..."

Harry ignored her squawks of indignation as he regarded Snape. "Are you okay Professor?" he asked.

Snape nodded, his face sallow. "I am curious in how you convinced the Dark Lord to release me," he rasped. His voice was almost gone and Harry could see a large burn on his throat. Bruises marked his neck as well, as if a large hand had tried to choke him. Harry merely nodded, feeling nothing but pity for the man.

As Dumbledore went to say something, the doors opened and hundreds of students poured in. "I'll see you in your office tonight Professor?" Harry asked expectantly. Dumbledore nodded.

"And bring your cloaked friend with you," he added. Harry quickly nodded and walked over to the Gryffindor table with Lily at his side. As the students poured into the room, he watched as a distressed and pale looking Hermione and Ron suddenly spotted him. Hermione shrieked and she flew at him, hugging him tightly while Ron looked extremely relieved and clapped him on the back.

"It's good to see you, Mate!" he said.

Hermione released him and Harry saw tears trickling down her cheeks. "Don't ever scare us like that again!" she said as she sat down amidst the stares.

"I'll try not to," Harry said as Ron and Hermione sat opposite him, staring at Lily in curiosity.

"Who's this?" Ron asked, jerking his thumb at Lily, who had put a shadow charm so her face couldn't be seen.

"A friend," Harry answered. He looked around and whispered. "I'll tell you later on."

Ron and Hermione nodded as Dumbledore stood up, the last of the first years sorted. "Welcome all back to Hogwarts. I am glad to see so many youthful faces staring back at me."

Harry chuckled, loving the obvious mockery of Umbridge's first speech.

"As you are aware, Lord Voldemort has risen once again. He has been very silent and is planning something big. Because of this, there will be a strict curfew of 9:00pm every night. In addition to the Head Boy and Girl and the Prefects, Aurors will be patrolling the castle and any student caught out of bed will be severly punished. On a lighter note, everyone please welcome back Mr Potter, who was abducted by Lord Voldemort three days ago and escaped to join us."

The Hall, even some Slytherins erupted in cheers and Harry blushed, before subtly hiding his head, not wanting nor needing anymore attention.

"Now, let's eat!" Dumbledore finished. As food appeared on the table, the Fat Friar suddenly flew through the wall looking extremely excited. He glanced around, oblivious to the stares.

"Headmaster!" He gasped. "It is a day for rejoicing!"

"And why is that?" Dumbledore questioned.

"There is a Necromancer in the halls! Hogwarts is most excited!" the Fat Friar said giddily. "She has ordered for us to welcome him!" Umbridge gasped and looked frightened as the students muttered and exchanged wary looks. Harry swore inaudibly, as Lily frowned beneath her hood.

"Ooh! I wonder who it could be?" Hermione mused, but Ron just stared at Harry in shock. Harry sighed and nodded slightly and Ron looked quite baffled, before his face erupted in an expression of horror, something Harry was expecting.

The Fat Friar suddenly caught Harry's form and he whistled loudly. From all over the hall, pearly white figures showed up and formed ranks as the Fat Friar appeared in front of Harry and bowed.

"Welcome back to Hogwarts, Master Necromancer." There were shocked gasps but many stayed silent, watching anxiously.

"Er - thank you," Harry said.

"Hogwarts will be most accommodating," the Friar continued, before Umbridge leaped from her seat, her wand levelled at Harry with a maniacal glint in his eyes.

"I knew it!" she shrieked. "I knew you had gone dark!"

Dumbledore stood, his wand out. "I will not allow you to harm my students Dolores!" he said sternly, power radiating off him. Umbridge was still raving on and on, before she flicked her wand. "Avada Kedavra!"

Not even Dumbledore could have stopped the jet of green light as it hit Harry. For a moment he saw green and felt the curse trying to shut off his organs with searing pain, before he stretched his hands and the green beam erupted from his body and collided with the slack features of Umbridge, who fell looking surprised and horrified.

"Ouch," Harry muttered. He looked at Dumbledore, who was staring at Harry with amazement, before smiling.

"Well, Mr Potter, I can see that your resistance to the Killing Curse has not dimmed in the slightest," he said slowly. "Shall we take this to my office?" Harry nodded and gestured to Lily, who followed him silently out of the hall.
Sign up to rate and review this story