Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Demigod

Abandoned

by Wicked_Lovely 3 reviews

Nine years later

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Published: 2011-06-20 - Updated: 2011-06-21 - 1258 words

0Unrated
"Why don't you at least try to get money to eat better food?" Alk said as he looked at Ryan.
Ryan sat on the floor of the old shack, eating rice out of a small and chipped cup. He was only fourteen.
The shack he called home was falling apart around him. It was one small room and a washroom. The pipes were rusted and water dripped from them in a steady rhythm. There were multiple holes in the roof, buckets were underneath to catch rainwater. The wooden floors were dirty and rotting slowly, the brick walls slowly crumbling. There was a small fire pit in the corner of the small room, the pot on top of it filled with rice and a little bit of rainwater. Ryan's few belongings rested in a bag on the dusty and dirt covered floor. There was a single blanket and a small pillow close to the fire pit, the pillow and blanket laid out like a bed. There was a small pile of towels hanging on the single shelf in the room, the dust covering them and making them dirty. The only light came from a small candle on the shelf next to the towels and the fire pit.
Ryan gave a small sigh, looking up at Alk and Yrie. "You know I don't have money for that." He said as he looked down at the small amount of food he had. A small piece of bread and a cup of plain rice.
"Yes you do! You are just spending it on the wrong thing." Yrie said as he looked at the small boy. He looked severely malnourished. Dark bags formed under his honey eyes, his light brown hair was messy and standing up at odd angles. His skin was pale and pasty from spending the majority of his time inside. His skin hugged everyone of his bones, making every breath he took painful.
"I already told you, I have to go to their schools to try and find the boy." Ryan said as he shoveled another spoonful of the watery rice in his mouth. As much as he would argue with the two of them, he knew they were right. He should be spending the little money he found on something that would help his situation, but he also knew that if he didn't find the boy in time that he would most likely be killed.
"Couldn't you at least steal the money? Or food, I don't really care. You need to eat more, I mean just look at you! You look like you're going to die soon." Alk said worry filling her shimmering sliver eyes.
"Stealing is wrong Alk!" Ryan said as he narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm not going to stoop that low, I can live off of what I have, and when I need more I'll earn it." Ryan mumbled, eating a small bite of the stale bread that was a day away from molding. He did agree that he wasn't getting enough of the necessities that he needed to live properly, but he needed to be cautious when he was around the humans.
"Ryan, it's time to leave." Yrie stated as he put on a glamour. His pupilless sky blue eyes quickly changed to resemble something closer to a white tiger's eyes. His bird feet turned to more of a humans, his wings retracting into arms. His long reddish blond hair shortened, and clothing quickly formed on him. He looked like a young child and Ryan couldn't help but smile at him.
"Alk, are you coming?" Alk shook her head and Ryan gave her a small frown.
"Sister, why are you not coming with us?" Yrie said as he stared at Alk.
"I have a few things I have to do. Unlike some people." Alk said harshly, her wings on her hips.
"Stop fighting you two. Alk, tell Shon I said hello." Ryan said with a small smile as he slipped his boots on.
"How did you..."
"Come on Yrie." Ryan took Yrie's hand, walking out of the small rundown shack that had a confused Alk in it.
"Where are we going to go today?" Yrie asked as Ryan lead him towards the streets of the large city they lived on the outskirts of.
"We're starting a new school today." Ryan said with a shrug.
"And what makes you think that we will find him in this one when the past nine years have been unsuccessful?" Ryan gave a small sigh, Yrie covering his nose as the smell of iron stung his lungs like poison.
"I don't know if we'll find him, but we have to keep looking. We only have a year left to search." Ryan was toying with the locket around his neck. "Besides, I was talking to Galena and she said that there might be some chance at finding him here. That's why we moved, remember?" Ryan looked Yrie in the eyes, and he nodded as they slowly walked on the streets of Vegas. It slowly started to rain as lightning flashed across the sky.
"I remember. I fucking hate this place." Yrie said, scratching his skin as the rain filled with iron burned him. Ryan looked at him and gave a small sigh.
"Come on, we need to get you some place safe." Ryan took Yrie's hand again and pulled him into the school.
"Like this is much safer?" Yrie asked. Ryan looked around, the halls completely void of all of the teems that went there. He looked a Yrie who's glamour was starting to slid off.
"Why do you come with me to places like this when all you do is get sick?" Ryan asked more to himself than to the fey in front of him. He pulled a small silver and gold band out of his pocket, placing it on Yrie's burning wrist. His glamour reformed itself, as he started to feel less sick. "Better?" Yrie nodded and Ryan smiled, walking down a hall to attempt to find the office.
When he found it the two walked in, Ryan going up to talk to the lady behind the desk. She looked bored and fake. An orange tan with fake nails and bleach blond hair. She looked down at the two young boys.
"And who exactly are you?" She asked in a rude voice.
"I'm Ryan, and this is my brother Yrie. We just transferred here." Ryan said slowly. The lady nodded and handed him a piece of paper.
"Where's your father?"
"He was busy with work and couldn't come." That seemed to satisfy her, and she told them the room number that they were going to. Ryan lead Yrie down the hall, finding the room with ease. The two walked in, the teacher introducing them before having all of the kids in the class state their names. There were two kids in particular that sparked Ryan's interest, one was named Brendon, the other Spencer. He sat in a desk at the back of the room, Yrie sitting next to him.
"I think that's him." Ryan whispered. Yrie looked in the direction that Ryan was pointing, raising a brow.
"What makes you think that?" He asked. Ryan shrugged.
"I just have a feeling about it."


~~~~~

Special thanks to PartyPoison (as always) for reviewing last chapter. You're an amazing and devoted reader. :) This should be a fairly interesting story, granted I know that not many people will like it, I'm still going to post new chapters here and there.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story