Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Demigod

Demigod

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

'He started to panic, feeling defenseless and alone in the large forest.' Ryden.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Published: 2011-06-08 - Updated: 2011-09-06 - 2134 words

0Unrated
He was five, sitting on the beach by himself. Waiting for his friends to come. They always came by sea, it was where they lived. There was nothing he could do but wait. He hugged his legs close to his chest, his chestnut hair flowing in the soft sea breeze. His honey eyes scanned the water, searching for his hidden friends. He was clad in only a ripped pair of shorts, torn on the sides from the forest behind him, and the lock he kept around his neck. It was the only thing he had to remind himself of his mother. Of his home.
Aphan ran up to him, his goat legs leaving hoof prints in the sand as he ran to meet the small boy. His tanned skin shimmered in the light from the setting sun, his full gold eyes boring into the small boy's.
"Ryan, have they not arrived yet?" Aphan asked tilting his head, his amber hair falling in his face. Aphan had a young face for being centuries old. If anyone took a single glance at him they would assume he was just a child in dress up clothing. They would never once think that the goat legs were real. That the shimmering grey horns that protruded from his head would be sharp as a tack. That his endless gold eyes that lit up like a starry night held the soles of the mortal within them. Ryan looked at the small green drop that hung from the brass necklace that was around his neck. He could tell it was capturing the sunlight so he wouldn't be blind later.
"Not yet, sit with me while I wait for their arrival. Do you have your flute with you?" Ryan asked as he tore his eyes off of the goat-boy that was next to him. Aphan sat down, his toga flowing carelessly in the breeze. He truly was a son of nature. Ryan always found it amazing at how close all of them were to Gaia. It was such a perplexing thing, and he wasn't raised to understand it.
"Don't I always?" Aphan laughed with an impish smile. Something that was typical of his kind. Of all of their kind. Aphan pushed some of his hair out of his face, tucking it behind his long pointed ears before he started to play his flute, the wooden instrument mixing well with the sound of the crashing waves. Ryan reveled in the moment, the mix of the sounds going together like a planned symphony, the sun beating down on him to bask in, the scent of the ocean air that flooded his nostrils with the only memory of his mother. If only she were still alive. Ryan heard something go off in the ocean and smiled, patting Aphan on the shoulder so he would look.
The top of Ivv's head was now visible, the water cutting off the rest of his face right under his glowing sakura eyes. His ocean blue hair sprawling out in the salty water. His ears resembled conch shells, only transparent with a tint of the same blue as his light hair. His big child like eyes were grinning, smiling at Ryan and Aphan. The water rippled by the three ocean dwellers as they came closer to the shore.
Ryan stood, watching each of their movements as Ippy's tail flipped out of the water, the blue scaled fin looking jagged and yet smooth. Ryan walked to the edge of the water, a small smile gracing his lips. Ivv gave a loud banshee screech and Aphan's hands flew to his sensitive ears, Ryan standing unaffected like all of his kind would. Aphan gave a shrill scream, running back into the forest. Ryan frowned a little, but he knew it was for the best.
Eliv walked onto the shore, running sloppily in the sand as she tried to get to Ryan so she could give him a hug. Ryan laughed as Eliv fell into his arms, and Eliv nudged her head against Ryan's chest. She loved the scent of the city. The city she could never go to. Her webbed hands ran through Ryan's hair, a few scales flaking off in it.
"It is good to see you." She said with her big blue eyes sparkling. Ryan got lost in the bottomless orbs. They were a lot like Aphan's, showing the stars in little silver specks that went on forever. The only difference was the fact that instead of being gold, they were a deep blue. Her pink hair seemed to defy gravity, flowing in the small breeze like there was a wind storm brewing. Her shell like ears matching that of her brothers, tickling Ryan's chin as she continued to hug him.
"I missed you too." Ryan said with a smile as he hugged her back. Ippy stumbled onto land, pulling his fin out of the water so they would turn into legs. He rolled onto his stomach, running over to Ryan so he could bury his white haired head against Ryan's chest like Eliv did. His small non-pointed blue scaled horns brushed past Ryan's neck, his white scraggly hair tickling him. Ryan couldn't help from laughing at the feeling. He really did miss his friends. Ippy had different eyes from Aphan and Eliv, they were more mortal than any of the others. Though the blue orbs shined like the morning sky, they didn't completely fill his eye sockets, and he had pupils. His eyes weren't never ending, like Ivv and his sisters, instead they had an apparent ending. And yet, they still were glossy enough to reflect every cloud in the sky.
Ryan kissed the top of Ippy's head, making him snuggle his head even closer to the young boy. Ryan felt guilty for taking so long to visit them again. He used to visit every month, but now. Now he could only visit once a year. The only reason he was allowed to come this time was to get information about the next Sacrificium. It wasn't for a few more years, but he was the one who was supposed to collect. And the three sea creatures knew who he had to find.
Ivv came onto shore, smiling at Ryan as he stood a few feet away. Ryan opened his arms, Eliv and Ippy still wrapped in his hug. Ivv smiled, walking over to Ryan to join his sister half brother and friend. Ryan hugged the three ocean dwellers, his lips making a large grin. They stayed like that for a minute, each one clinging to each other like they were the only things keeping each other grounded. Ivv was the first one to pull away from the hug, Eliv following suit. Ippy, however, chose to stay in Ryan's arm. He was scared of the land, and Ryan made him feel safe.
"It has been a while." Ivv said and Ryan nodded.
"Too long my friend." Ryan said with a toothy smile.
"I am afraid that it was only for information." Eliv said with sad eyes, though she was still smiling.
"It's true that Stramonium sent me. But you know that if it were anyone else that came to tell me, I wouldn't have made the trip." Ryan said and Eliv's eyes smiled once more.
"It will be a boy this time. He is the same age as you." Ivv said.
"What's his name?" Ryan questioned, Ippy looking up to read his facial expression. He was smiling with all his heart and mind, each feature on his face showing how happy he was to see his friends.
"The name we have given him is Flos Noctis, but we don't know his human name." Ivv said. "Ryan, I want you to be careful with this. It will be dangerous to try to find him. And you know the consequence of not finding him." Ryan nodded.
"Will you promise to come back again sometime soon?" Ippy said and Ryan smiled, tears forming in his eyes as he bent down before the small spirit.
"Of course I will. I can only last so long without seeing you. Or your brother and sister." Ryan said kissing the top of Ippy's head. He knew that Ivv and Eliv were only his half brother and sister, him being the only demigod in the family, but he didn't care. They were still family to each other.
"Cass is coming." Ivv said hurriedly, looking out over the water. It was almost as if the ocean went completely still, the wind stopped blowing, and the waves became barley anything. It was completely silent, like in the center of a storm. Ryan's eyes went wide, his heart stopping momentarily before beating faster.
"We have to go. We will miss you Ryan." Eliv kissed Ryan's cheek, running back into the water. Ippy followed, standing halfway in the water to look back at Ryan who was still scanning the water. Ippy looked scared, but he turned anyway, diving back into the water after his half sister.
"Run back to the forest Ryan, she can not get you there." Ivv said kissing Ryan's cheek. Ryan nodded, and Ivv fled into the ocean like the other two. Ryan stood there for a moment, shocked at what was happening, but he soon snapped out of it, running as far back on the dry land as he could.
He ran into the forest, the sun missing from it's post in the sky, the moon slowly replacing it. Ryan was starting to feel lost, he didn't know the forest as well as he used to. He stooped, the moon and the stars casting little light to lead the way. He breathed heavily as he tried to remember what way to go. He started to panic, feeling defenseless and alone in the large forest.
He was, after all, only five.
"Who is this that I run into on my nightly trip to put the drops of Mother Green's dew onto her fine plants?" Ryan turned around at the voice, staring into the honey eyes of Topaz. She glowed like fresh sunlight, and Ryan found himself lost in her beauty. She tilted her head, the loose strands of her bright orange-red hair falling into the rest of her pent up hair and face. She wasn't wearing any clothing, something common for the children of Mother Green. She had the body every supermodel worked for, large breasts with a slender figure. Long legs lead to long pointed feet that were transparent. She had long white eye lashes, that accented her pure honey eyes. She didn't have pupils, but her eyes didn't fill her eye socket, rather they stayed like a mortals. Her skin was white other than her partially transparent legs and arms, and her completely transparent ears hands and feet. Her pink rose petal lips formed into a soft smile, and her long slender fingers pushed some of her loose hair out of her face and behind her long pointed ears. They seemed longer than most, going past the top of her head.
And then there were her wings.
They were so enticing. They sectioned into three parts, each one looking like a dragonfly's, only, they edges seemed to be frayed. They shined like her white skin, lighting the dark area.
"Boy, what is your man given name?" she asked bending down to be eye level with Ryan. He looked in her eyes, trying to find what court she belonged to. "Boy, are you mute?" Ryan shook his head and swallowed.
"My name is Ryan." He said and she tilted her head to the other side. "May I ask which way to the Seelie court?" She looked curiously at him, her piercing gaze scanning for reasons.
"I will take you there." She said after a moment.
"I refuse to go with a fey who's name I do not know."
"As I refuse to tell you a name you do not need to know. Why must you go to the Seelie court young mortal?"
"I am NO mortal." Ryan said angrily, the wind quickly picking up in it's breeze, she stared at him wide eyed for a moment before nodding her head.
"I will tell you my name if you tell me this, what are you?" Ryan sighed a little.
"My name is Ryan, I am the son of the goddess Onyx, and a mortal who's name is unknown. I am a demigod. My business within the Seelie court is none of a mere fey's concern." She looked terrified at this moment and nodded, leading him in the direction of the Seelie court. "Tell me, what is your name?" Ryan asked as he followed her.
"Topaz." He smiled at her defeat, and she lead him to the center of the forest.
Sign up to rate and review this story