Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 22: Beauxbatons

by bluminous 13 reviews

huhhh huh huh!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-05-21 - Updated: 2009-05-21 - 8633 words

5Funny
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.


Chapter 22: Beauxbatons



The late morning sun blazed through the beautiful palace of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. The palace was built in the golden age of France, when she was once a great naval power and controlled much of Europe. Beauxbatons, unlike Hogwarts had wide open spaces, built in the Renaissance with golden trims in every room and Art Deco styles in every façade of the palace structure.

Beauxbatons meant beautiful wands, and indeed it was a marvelous place for magic. Her famous gardens surrounded her, a jewel and a monument to the Renaissance, and classical France. The Renaissance era was not just for muggles but for the magical world as well, much of today’s potions, arts and spells were developed at this very institution. Wizards and witches may consider Hogwarts and Britain to be the roots of the modern magical world, but culture and refinement was born in France.

Most purebloods trace their ancestry to the country, and the more prominent noble houses such as the Malfoys, Lestranges and Blacks were born in France.

Madame Olympe and her students awaited at the gardens as the massive ship of the Durmstrang slowly sailed to the schools own harbor. The ship the Durmstrang used was old, an oversized fifteenth century Spanish galleon. The wooden ship was painted black, and its enormous red sail showed the Durmstrang logo, a red vulture in a field of red. Together the ship projected a dark, ominous quality about it, and if the Contingent aimed to intimidate its opponents, it had done its purpose.

“Madame Olympe!” Igor Karkaroff, the high master of Durmstrang institute and his students walked towards their host to pay their respects. The tall man with a goatee beard kissed the tall Headmistress’s hands in greeting.

“Igor… good to see you and your students. Welcome to Beauxbatons!” Olympe welcomed the first school to arrive. “I hope you had a pleasant journey?”

“Yes very pleasant. My students particularly enjoyed the calm seas of the Mediterranean. These are my students, and this… is Victor Krum.” Igor said proudly. Flashes from wizard cameras ignited as the press eagerly recorded every minute of the prestigious event.

A broad shouldered young man stepped forward and nodded stiffly, and Olympe smiled at the famous quidditch star. Some of the female Beauxbatons students gasped when they spotted a sports celebrity in their midst and Igor grinned smugly and posed for the hundreds of photographers in the grounds.

“Why are your male students carrying wooden sticks? Olympe asked curiously.

“Just something for later… the weather here is very hot and humid, a pleasant change perhaps. Now where is Hogwarts? Albus is late?” Igor asked as he removed his cloak. He was wearing a light one, having stowed their thick fur clothes when they entered the Mediterranean Sea when they experienced the warm winds.

“They should be here at any moment. Do you care for some refreshments perhaps? Or do you wish to wait for Hogwarts’ arrival?” Olympe asked as she indicated several wood Nymphs carrying trays filled with cold glasses of water.

“I would be grateful for the refreshments. Yes we will wait for them. I admit I do not remember what Hogwarts used in the past to travel in an official manner.” Igor said as he took a glass of water as he eyed the almost nude bodies of the nymphs, they were only covered by leaves and vines.

“I confess I do not have an idea… perhaps their Hogwarts Express? Though there are no tracks anywhere near Marseille.” Olympe replied. “But it appears they are here, and we shall now see.”

Igor looked to where Olympe was staring at and he frowned as he struggled to see what appeared to be a faint speck in the sky. “They fly… it looks like a single flying object of some sort.”

The other students of both Beauxbatons and Durmstrang also noticed the speck in the sky, and the various dignitaries and Ministry officials all pointed at the object. The wizarding press trained their cameras and reporters eagerly wrote in their notes as Hogwarts had come.

“It is different from my flying carriage that is for certain. I wonder what it is.” Olympe mused.

Several veela students of Beauxbatons gasped as their superior sight saw a shocking image, this was not Hogwarts, but an enormous gray Dragon heading for them!

********

“We will arrive shortly, I expect you to be on your best behavior. You are all representing Hogwarts to the world; make your school and alma mater proud.” Albus said as he gave his last minute instructions to the eager contingent.

Minerva McGonagall was at the controls, and she spotted the black ship of Durmstrang docked in the harbor. She remembered the subtle and not so subtle insults Karkaroff gave during the meetings and she smirked as she thought of an appropriate revenge.

“Hang on students, headmaster. We will give Igor a little scare.” McGonagall said, a mischievous look on her face. Dumbledore smiled a little, it was fun to show off once in a while and nodded.

Minerva’s tongue poked out of her tight lips as she pushed the controls forward and the huge stone dragon suddenly plummeted to the ground. Several students screamed at the sudden change in velocity while Hermione yawned. This was nothing compared to Harry’s suicidal flying, she resumed filing her nails in her seat as she resumed talking to Daphne while Harry slept between them.

“EEEP!” Neville Longbottom hugged Parvati Patil as the girl continued to push him away while at the same time screaming in excitement.

*******

“Madame! That’s a dragon! Run!” one of the Veela students tugged on the headmistress in concern.

“Dragon? You must be imagining child. Dragons do not travel these areas…. MY BIG FRENCH NIPPLES!” Olympe shrieked as the dark figure suddenly sped up and now she could clearly see a pair of enormous wings between a massive body.

Shrieks and screams were heard all around the grounds as several students and reporters pointed at the sky. A large gray dragon, bigger than anyone has seen swooped down to the sea, and it sent plumes of water hundreds of feet to the air. The dragon pulled up and headed parallel to the sea and headed directly towards the Durmstrang ship.

The staff at the Durmstrang ship sitting on the crow’s nest screamed as he spotted a dragon about to ram their ship. He jumped towards the sea as the massive dragon flew past with inches to spare from hitting the ship’s main mast.


The dragon continued on and as it was about to hit the crowd, its massive wings expanded and it slowed down, almost to a halt. Still in the air, the Dragon roared and a great plume of fire erupted from its massive mouth into the sky. It landed to the ground, its long slender neck proud and tall while its giant limbs folded. Hogwarts had arrived.


The crowd stopped panicking and several stood up from the ground as they looked around. Madame Olympe remained standing; her mouth was wide open in shock. She looked towards her colleague, Igor Karkaroff, but she was surprised to see the High Master of Durmstrang up in Viktor Krum’s arms, hugging the boy’s neck as his feet as his knees was supported by the Quidditch star’s hands.

“Igor… that’s Hogwarts!!!” Olympe exclaimed.

Karkaroff looked up from Krum’s neck and his eyes widened in surprise. “Impossible!” The Quidditch star frowned and let go of his High master, and the man landed not too gently to the grass.

A massive Stone Dragon, large enough to fill Beauxbatons’ spacious grand hall, stood before them, its massive head looking regal above a slender neck. Its posture was high, and proud, and exuded majesty as the awe struck crowd looked upon it. On its chest was a large crest of Hogwarts, and beneath it was a large stone door ten feet high. The dragon’s front limbs sat beneath the stone door, as the dragon’s stone talons served as steps for its occupants to comfortably walk down from their high perch. Its long tail circled its large body until it rested before the door, served as the last step.

“Morganna!” Olympe exclaimed. The crowd was still in shock, unable to comprehend that what they were seeing before their very eyes was real.

The large stone doors slowly opened and there stood Albus Dumbledore, majestic in his purple robes. He smiled and walked down the steps followed by the Hogwarts students, their uniforms crisp and sharp. As they walked towards the crowd, they proved an imposing sight as the large stone dragon was in the background.

Someone from the crowd started to clap, and it was picked up by everyone as they recovered from their shock and disbelief. Even Karkaroff clapped as his mouth was wide open at the display of superior magical prowess. They were thoroughly outclassed. Soon loud cheers and claps welcomed the contingent, and flashes from the cameras did not stop as reporters furiously wrote in their parchments.

“Albus… Albus…. That was amazing! I never realized… amazing!” Olympe said, she did not realize her hand was being kissed in welcome by the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

“Thank you for the… very warm welcome. Yes this is how Hogwarts sends her representatives. You know our motto yes? Our sleeping dragon has awakened. It is good to meet you Olympe.” Albus said.

“Of course, I’m sorry I forgot my manners… Welcome to Beauxbatons! We hope Hogwarts enjoyed their stay in our school” Olympe replied.

“Igor! Good to see you!” Albus slapped his colleague in the back.

“Thank you Albus…” Igor struggled to recompose himself. “That… was impressive… how…?” He wanted one for his school.

“We must keep our secrets now do we?” Albus smirked as je winked at the man.

“These are my students, the best and brightest Hogwarts has to offer. And this is my Deputy headmistress Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration Mistress.” Albus said.

Minerva smirked evilly as she greeted Igor, paybacks were sweet. As pleasantries were exchanged, Olympe invited everyone for lunch.

“Beauxbatons has prepared a feast in welcoming her friends, Hogwarts and Durmstrang. Please, join us; I will introduce your contingents to my students and the dignitaries.” Olympe said and gave a glance to her students.

The Beauxbaton students got the hint and they shuffled inside, while the two contingents headed to a smaller room to await their introduction.

*******

Grand Hall, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.

“Welcome students, as you have noticed, our guests from Hogwarts and Durmstrang have arrived to compete for the Triwizard Tournament. Let us welcome the proud sons and daughters of Durmstrang! ...and their High Master, Igor Karkaroff!” Olympe said in French and she waved her hand and the large elegant door opened.

All the Beauxbaton students turned their heads and clapped their hands as they looked at the Durmstrang students. Thirty tall boys, carrying long staffs filed in two columns entered the hall.

Fleur chatted excitedly with her friends, discussing the methods of transportation of the visiting schools in their long table. Unlike what Harry told her about Hogwarts, their tables were divided by year levels and seven smaller long tables lined the grand hall. Part of the seventh year tables were reserved for the Hogwarts contingent, and she wondered if Harry, Hermione and Daphne were here, she did not see them in the chaos at the grounds. She saw the doors opened and observed the Durmstrang contingent curiously.

“Huhhh! Huhhh… huhh!”

“Huhhh! Huhhh… huhh!”

The Durmstrang boys chanted as they slammed their wooden sticks to the ground in rhythm with their grunts. Some of the boys hit their staff hard on their toes and their faces pained, in sharp contrast to the scowls the other boys wore and Fleur tried hard not to laugh.
Then in almost perfect unison they all ran towards the staff table and one of the limping boys fell on his face, and caused a collision with his classmates as they all tumbled down one after another.

It was a testament to the upbringing and manners of the Beauxbatons’ students as not one laughed aloud, they only their smiles and laughs in coughs or their napkins.

It was not the intimidating spectacle that Igor hoped for, but fortunately for the boys he did not see their blunder. The boys with their staffs limped to the head of the table as the girls of their contingent followed, and they wore more dignity than their male counterparts. Igor and Viktor then swept into the hall at a furious walking pace, with Igor’s man servant trailing behind him. He was dripping wet as he had jumped into the sea earlier.

The designated student that was about to breathe fire unfortunately choked and he coughed up the flammable liquid into the torch he was holding, and the fire that was supposed to be in the shape of a bird of prey came out like a turkey.

As the Durmstrang students sat in the space reserved for them in the sixth year table, Madame Olympe spoke again. “And now, let us welcome the esteemed students from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and their Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore!”


The doors to the grand hall opened again but the students of Hogwarts were not there. Suddenly a large flash of fire in the shape of a phoenix swooped into the room and circled the Grand Hall. The fiery phoenix let out a trill before it headed to the front of the grand hall and it exploded in a majestic display of fire. As the fire cleared it revealed the Hogwarts contingent, with Albus Dumbledore in the middle with his phoenix Fawkes perched in his shoulder. The students were arrayed in straight lines, confidence exuding from every face. Igor sighed, he was beaten again.

The Beauxbatons students and Durmstrang contingent cheered at the display as the students from Hogwarts headed to the empty seats on the seventh year table while their Headmaster and Deputy headed to the reserved places in the head of the table.

Fleur looked at the students and her face lit up as she saw Harry walking beside Hermione and Daphne.

“Harry!” Fleur shouted and the Wayne heir looked at her and waved. Fleur patted the empty seats beside her and the three immediately sat among the Beauxbatons seventh years while the rest of the Hogwarts students appeared surprised.

“Fleur!” Harry greeted his friend as he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. Hermione and Daphne did the same. Harry sat beside Fleur, while Hermione and Daphne sat opposite them while the rest of the Hogwarts contingent looked on curiously, wondering how the fourth years knew someone from Beauxbatons.

“It’s good to see you! When the age limit was announced, I suspected that I will see you here, and I was right!” Fleur said excitedly. “Impressive entrance by the way, and an even impressive method of transportation! That dragon blew me away!”

“Thanks, the dragon’s actually part of the castle, it’s a tower I think.” Harry said while some of Fleur’s friends shifted and leaned in to listen to their conversation.

“A transfiguration that big? That’s impressive! Hermione, Daphne, how are you?” Fleur asked.

“Fine… the trip was fun, and I’m impressed at the beauty of Beauxbatons! It’s so majestic!” Hermione said.

“Yeah… and the gardens were awesome… wow your robes look nice.” Daphne eyed the blue silk robes Fleur and her schoolmates wore.

“It’s very appropriate for this weather I think, it could get hot at times and the silk fabric provides our bodies to breathe. I guess you’re going to be the Triwizard champion then Harry, I’m sure of it.” Fleur remarked.

“I really don’t want to enter, but it’s mandatory for every member of the contingent to submit their names. If I do get picked, I’ll just do my best.” Harry shrugged.

“That was what I’m afraid of, if I’m going to compete against you, it will be very challenging.” Fleur said.

“C’mon, this is a tournament of magic… not something else. You know more than me and you’re a very gifted witch.” Harry said.

“Thanks for the compliment Harry.” Fleur smiled. A few of her friends entered the conversation suddenly spoke to Fleur in French.

“Fleur you greedy slut! Introduce us to that boy!” a brown haired girl said.

“Yeah! He’s hot, maybe he’s free? How did you meet him?” A black haired girl with olive skin asked.

“He is Harry Wayne. I told you about him remember, Isabel? And Jocelyn I showed you about his cooking show last summer.” Fleur asked as she grinned at Harry, who looked uncomfortable.

Hermione and Daphne, who both understood French grinned and smirked at Harry while they listened to the conversation.

“The Harry Wayne! Wow! Have you slept with him? He does look gorgeous, I wonder if I can see what’s under those robes” The brown haired girl asked as she subtly eyed Harry.

“Isabel! That’s very rude!” Fleur exclaimed.

“So? He doesn’t understand what we are saying, and I’m paying him a compliment! Share him with us?” Isabel pleaded.

“Yeah, most of the boys here already asked you out and you turned them all down! Save this man meat for us!” Jocelyn said.

“Girls… I forgot to tell you something.” Fleur said as she grinned evilly.

“What? Don’t tell me he has a girlfriend!” Jocelyn exclaimed.

“NO, Harry Wayne is fluent in French, and so does his friends… and he can understand every word of our conversation.” Fleur smirked as she drank a cup of juice.


“Oh hell! You bitch you should have told us!” Isabel exclaimed as she blushed beet red as she looked at the boy they were talking about. The “Man Meat” was looking down on his empty plate as a faint blush covered his cheeks. He looked like he wanted to sit at another place in embarrassment.

“How could you Fleur? You embarrassed us in front of Mr. Gorgeous!” Jocelyn said then stopped as she realized what she said. “Fuck”

It was too much as Fleur, Hermione and Daphne burst out in laughter, and patted the suddenly shy Wayne heir on the arm or shoulder in a show of commiseration.

“Is this how girls talk privately? If it is I don’t to hear any more.” Harry said in fluent French.

“Oh yes Harry. You should hear how Kara talks about you. It’s enough to make you melt in your seat. That girl has a dirty mind.” Hermione said and laughed harder as Harry groaned and looked around for help. Where was Luna when you need her?

***********

“The Goblet of fire… those who seek to be champions and represent their school will place their names inside it. Starting tonight until the thirty first of October, anyone within the age limit can submit their names to the Goblet. On the feast, the Goblet will choose three champions, and the winner will have this.” Olympe waved her hand and a cloth was removed and it revealed a glowing elegant cup, standing serenely upon a podium.

“The Triwizard Cup, Honor, Prestige and Glory will come to the school whose champion wins this cup, and the champion’s name will be engraved in the cup and stand beside the other great wizards to be remembered for the rest of time.” Olympe said to a mesmerized audience.

“The champions however, will have to face three dangerous tasks. Each task when successfully completed will show a champion the next clue about the next task. However these tasks are dangerous and not to be taken lightly, do not enter your name lightly.” Olympe warned the students.

“To impose the age limit, Albus Dumbledore and Myself will cast our respective age lines around the cup, to prevent those not yet fourteen to place their names inside the Goblet. Eternal Glory… take it, it’s yours!” Olympe pointed dramatically at the Triwizard Cup. The audience cheered, whistled and clapped at the rousing speech from the Headmistress of Beauxbatons.

Harry coughed and it sounded like“Troy” and Fleur looked at him curiously.


“Now we would like to thank Bartemius Crouch Senior, who had transported the Goblet of Fire from London.” Olympe said and the audience clapped as Bartemius Crouch stood up and bowed to the crowd.

“Now, thank you for attending the feast, please, you can visit our many gardens and spend your evenings under the cool breeze from the sea. Have a pleasant evening.” Olympe said as she finished her announcements.

The students from Beauxbatons stood up as one and started to move to their respective dorms. McGonagall approached the Hogwarts contingent and smiled at them. “Curfew is at ten pm, you can wander around the grounds, but follow the rules of this institution. Madame Olympe agreed that you can attend the classes here, provided you can understand and speak French. Who among here can do so?”

Seven hands were raised among the 29 students and Minerva was surprised that three were from the youngest of the contingent, while one was from a sixth year Ravenclaw and three from the seventh years.

“Good, those who can speak French are encouraged to help their school mates translate and make friends and acquaintances with the other students. Don’t forget to continue your independent studies. Good night.” McGonagall said and headed towards Olympe, the Headmistress had invited the other teachers for wine in her office.

The Hogwarts contingent split into their own groups and Harry, Hermione and Daphne spotted Fleur with her friends beckoning for them to come closer.

“Harry, girls, come, my friends and I will give you a tour of the magnificent gardens of Beauxbatons. Some of my other friends are curious to meet the students from Hogwarts.” Fleur said.

“They just wanted to meet you Harry. They saw that you were very close with Fleur.” Isabel said in French.

“Thanks Fleur, I would love a tour. And maybe to your Library?” Harry asked and Hermione and Daphne nodded eagerly at this.

“Fine… the library too.” Fleur smiled and muttered ‘bookworms’.

“But first, the gardens, then to the seventh year common room.” Fleur said. She locked elbows with Harry and headed outside to the cool evening air.


“I have to admit, the culture here in France has some advantages.” Harry said as he sipped wine. Wine was regularly served with dinner in Beauxbatons to accompany their dinners. Fourth year students and above were actually allowed to drink wine, provided they drink responsibly. Fleur snuck out a bottle and they were currently sitting on a blanket in the gardens while the wind cooled their faces and the spectacular star filled sky provided the ambiance.

“It does… so did you like the tour?” Fleur asked.

“Yah, I couldn’t believe that the original painting of Mona Lisa is here, and she’s a chatter box!” Hermione said. She was shocked to learn that one of history’s greatest artist, Leonardo Da Vinci was a squib.

Fleur laughed. “Yes, usually the muggleborns are excited to talk to her at first. But I have to warn you, she’s the biggest gossip around.”

“Yeah, she likes to watch the love life of every couple here, and she would start to make up rumors about them, half of which aren’t true.” Isabel said.

“And the other half?” Hermione asked.

“Mostly true… she likes to spy, jump from one painting to another. I remember when she exposed the scandal with our Astronomy teacher and Geoff, remember him? It was a tragic loss when they both got expelled. Madame Bonnet was a good and fun teacher.” Jocelyn said.

“How come there are so few boys in Beauxbatons? I only saw ten or eleven per year in a table of forty?” Daphne asked.

“Most pureblood families are based here, or their ancestral houses are here. The noble families train their male heirs to be future lords at a young age, so many opt to have an education at home with private tutors, and at the same time learning the business of being a lord. Most of the boys here are muggleborns.” Fleur said.

Harry finished his wine and placed it at a tray and lied down and looked at the stars. Fleur grinned and stretched her legs and placed them over his chest. The others copied her and soon Harry was buried under a sea of legs.
“Isn’t that a bit prejudiced?” Hermione asked as she slapped away Harry’s hand who was tickling her leg.

“No… prejudice is frowned upon here in France… the true nobles view the status of a pureblood as someone that can do magic. If you can do magic, you’re a pureblood. The wizards that migrated to Britain corrupted that idea. It’s just tradition Hermione, not a prejudice or any biased against muggleborns.” Fleur explained as she slapped away Harry’s fingers that tickled her feet.

“God, someone’s foot smells.” Harry suddenly said. He sniffed again. “Definitely athlete’s foot”

The girls looked at one another for a moment and shrieked and started to tickle the Wayne heir into submission. How dare he say that they have smelly feet!


“How did he do that? He’s doing that again.” Alicia said as she sat on a stone bench. She was looking at Harry and his friends having a late night picnic on the garden.

“He’s just like that. You saw how he treats ladies, he respects them, treats them right.” Angelina said from beside her. “Hey let’s join them, looks like fun… let’s stop hoping that Krum would pass by here, we are wasting time.”

“Fine… I’d love to have his autograph though. It’s a bit boring without Fred and George around.” Alicia said as they walked towards the Harry and his group.

“Hi! May we join you?” Angelina asked.

“Sure sit down, grab a spot.” Hermione said genially. She spoke in English and said “These are sixth years Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor house, Alicia, Angelina these are Fleur, Isabel and Jocelyn.”

Angelina and Alicia smiled and greeted the girls in turn and as they started to remove their shoes and socks. It felt wonderful as their bare feet hit the dewy grass of the gardens.

Harry sat up after he was used as a foot stool and stretched. “Hi Angelina, Alicia, how are you doing? And where are the others? It’s only 8pm, two more hours till curfew.”

Alicia was a bit taken a back with this Harry, he was so casual and relaxed. “Uh hey, I’m fine. The others are around the beach, and the younger ones are inside the Dragon.” Alicia smiled, they had all agreed to call it the Dragon when they flew towards Beauxbatons earlier.

“Oh right.” Harry stood up and stretched. “You’re quidditch chasers for Gryffindor right? Who is going to replace you while you’re gone? I admit I rarely follow the sport, even when our house team plays.”

“We are… third year Ginny Weasley, and second year Demelza Robins are our backups. They’re good; we even have a chance to win the cup.” Alicia said.

“Why don’t you like quidditch?” Angelina asked curiously.

“It doesn’t make sense… I mean fine it is a good sport overall, with great action and strategy, but when we play it based on house teams, it sort of divides us, and create tension between houses.” Harry said. “It only increases the rivalries between houses; I would have preferred mixed teams from different houses. Isn’t the house cup enough for healthy competition? We have to include sports as well?”


Harry’s argument was a good one, and Angelina and Alicia didn’t know how to answer back.

“Uhmm well… damn you’re right Harry. But what can we do, it’s a centuries old tradition.” Angelina said.

“The Quidditch cup helps in House Unity.” Alicia defended the sport she loved.

“What is more important though? The petty rivalries that caused the quality of teaching to be compromised because of biased professors? If Professor Snape was not biased against Gryffindors, would you say that you can attain a higher grade?” Harry asked.

Hermione, Daphne and Fleur exchanged knowing look. It seemed Harry was eagerly looking for an intellectual debate tonight. He usually brought up topics for debates during free times, but they were with older persons or with Hermione or Daphne, who can counter or refute his queries with statements of their own.

“I’d get an EE or an O for sure but since I’m a Gryff, I only get an Acceptable. But what about professor McGonagall? She’s fair to everyone, she doesn’t give special treatment!” Angelina said.


“No one is perfectly unbiased in this world. When we arrive at Hogwarts, we always and bring our own prejudices, stereotypes and biases. You may think that she’s unbiased, but compare how high she gives points to a correct answer from a Gryffindor and a Slytherin.” Harry said as he sat down again. Fleur attempted to use his lap as a footstool but he tickled her leg before she could place it comfortably.

“She’s just compensating for Snape’s unfair treatment of our house.” Alicia said.


“That may be true… but that’s still a bias. See everyone has their own biases. Like me for instance, I only like talking to smart, intellectual and beautiful girls.” Harry grinned.

The girls around him raised an eyebrow at his statement. It was a very smooth compliment, subtle, and enough to make a girl’s heart flutter.

“Damn I told Angelina, we will get headaches from talking to a Raven.” Alicia said.

“That’s another form of bias: stereotyping.” Harry added and smiled. “Good debate Alicia, Angelina. Fleur can you show us the beach?”

“Sure! Sometimes we even go there at night to relax and have fun.” Fleur said as she stood up. The party headed towards the beach carrying their shoes in their hands to prevent the sand from getting in their footwear.


Harry removed his robes and hiked up his jeans and waded on the ankle deep water. “This is great!” Harry exclaimed as he felt the cool sea water rush up his feet. The girls except for Alicia and Angelina followed his actions and soon the six of them were all looking peacefully over the sea as the moon rose above them, accompanied by innumerable brilliant stars. Alicia sat by a log as Angelina looked for nice shells for her to collect under the bright moon.

“Wow can you believe were here Hermione? We’re in Beauxbaton for the Triwizard tournament! It’s just setting in!” Daphne exclaimed.

“I know… it suddenly hit me that we're not going to be in Hogwarts for the next seven months. A new culture, new food, a new environment… but I’m glad we have Fleur and some new friends too!” Hermione said, as Fleur, Jocelyn and Isabel smiled.

“We are honored to have you as friends as well, I see why Fleur spoke so highly of you Hermione, Daphne and of course Harry.” Isabel said.

“Thank you Isabel.” Hermione said.

“And do not worry, we will make you feel welcome here, just as you made me feel at home during the summers we spent together.” Fleur said.

“Oh that’s sweet…” Daphne moved through the water and hugged Fleur. The others followed and soon all five girls were locked in a big group hug.

“What’s that?” Daphne asked as she pointed at a long black shadow moving towards them.

“Where? I cannot see anything.” Isabel said as she peered at the endless sea.

“It looks like a shadow a whale perhaps?” Hermione suggested.

“No… it looks familiar but it’s dark with just the moon so I cannot really see… wait its moving fast.” Fleur said.

“What do you think of it Harry?” Hermione asked as she looked at her friend, but her best friend was not among them.

The large bulge in the water approached them when the clouds suddenly passed over the moon, further limiting their vision. As the clouds passed the moon’s light shined again, all five girls could clearly see it was a large swell, and as the swell reached the beach, it formed into an enormous wave. It was too late as the eight foot high wave crashed towards the girls that were conveniently lined on the knee deep water like they were in a firing squad.

“Oh no” Hermione moaned. Isabel and Daphne tried to turn around but the wave reached them.

The strong wave receded and left five soaked girls, sputtering saltwater from their mouths. They turned around and saw a smirking Harry Wayne tucking his wand back to its sheath on his wrist. “I just made sure your feet won’t smell anymore.” Harry said.

Alicia and Angelina were laughing in the sand as they saw the soaked girls glare at Harry.

“Harry! Do you realize how long it took to arrange my hair!?” Fleur shrieked in French as she took a step forward.

“You are cute and gorgeous, but that does excuse you for the punishment you will receive.” Isabel said in French as she drew her wand from her waist.

“Any last words Harry?” Hermione asked.

“Yeah… you shouldn’t have used me as a foot stool and with smelly feet and I’m… another wave!” Harry’s eyes widened and he gasped, pointing to the shore. The five girls immediately turned around to avoid the wave. A lone crab on the calm shore waved at them and the five girls turned back to Harry, but the boy was a good hundred feet in a head start running in full sprint away from them.

“Get him!” Fleur screamed and her army of four ran after the doomed boy.

“So that’s what it’s like to be with Harry and his friends… It’s fun!” Alicia said as she watched the poor boy run for his life.

“I know… it is very different from the pranks the twins do.” Angelina smiled as Harry ducked a spell from one of the girls. Wow, that boy could run. It was obvious that they were all having fun; as she saw Harry laughing his ass off as he evaded his pursuers.

***********

“Who are those students?” Minerva asked from the balcony as she spotted a group of girls running after a boy.
Albus, who had been watching the whole event answered. “That’s Harry Wayne. He summoned a wave discreetly and for a moment used a cloud to hide the approaching from his friends. By the time the girls could see the wave it was too late. Impressive magic, I did not know Filius taught his students weather magic and illusion spells. I suspect the two girls in the party are his friends, Hermione Granger and Daphne Greengrass.”

“I don’t recognize the other three.”Minerva said.


“That’s Fleur Delacour and her friends Isabel Morel and Jocelyn Gravois, all seventh years.” Madame Olympe answered from her seat beside Minerva.

“Mr. Wayne seems to be quite the sociable young man, he is already friends with the three students.” Albus observed.


“I do not think so… these three girls… they have a reputation to be quite cold top their peers. They would have not made friends in one night with them. I remember Monsieur Gerard Delacour mention a long time ago that he is in a business partnership with a Mister Bruce Wayne from America. Perhaps this is the Wayne Heir, and that Fleur and Harry Wayne already know each other years ago.” Olympe suggested.


“That is possible and the most likely answer. You seem to know Fleur, is she what you expect to be the champion for Beauxbatons?” Albus asked.

“We all have our favorites yes? She is and I suspect she will be chosen. She is excellent, a prodigy in charms and excellent in her other subjects. I have watched her grow and struggle with her veela powers, but she has come to her own the past few years and now she is a very capable and powerful witch.” Olympe said proudly. “What of Hogwarts? Who is your champion?”


Albus shifted in his seat and said. “While many seventh years are capable, several bright and promising students are in the delegation. I cannot say for sure.” Albus coughed “Longbottom!”

“But surely someone has captured your attention, someone that showed incredible power and skill. You know these criteria are what the Goblet prefers.” Olympe looked back to Albus and Minerva.

“I have my favorite I admit, Harry Wayne, the boy we were talking about earlier.” Minerva said.

“Really? A fourth year? He may look tall enough for a sixth year and he is obviously in shape, but how about his magical knowledge?” Olympe asked.

“He is a prodigy, just as your favorite is in Charms, Mr. Wayne is in Transfiguration. And he is excellent in his major subjects and particularly excels in ancient runes and Arithmacy.” Minerva bragged as she sipped her wine.


“He must be good then, to get a high praise from a Transfiguration Mistress such as yourself. But I think Fleur has the advantage, she is not just an academic, and she is a fighter, passionate and powerful.” Olympe said as she too drank her wine.

“Are you saying that Harry does not have a chance in the tournament? Or that he lacks power? He is one of those rare students that come every hundred years. He is a genius in the field, and most of the teachers in Hogwarts are already considering him as the head boy when he becomes seventeen. At his age he can pass his newts, unlike your champion.” Minerva stared at the Headmistress.


“Oh yeah? Fleur has Occlumency shields by the age of fifteen! Can Harry Wayne accomplish that?”

“Of course! Harry Wayne can transfigure a quill into a dog!”

“Fleur Delacour can levitate a ten ton stone slab!”

“Harry can transfigure a chair into a dragon!... a Hungarian horntail!”

“Fleur can cast a hundred patroni, all of them large butterflies!”

“Harry can turn a twenty trolls into rats in one spell!”

“That’s nothing! Fleur can vanish an army of leithfolds!”

“Neville Longbottom can cast a stunning curse!”

Both women, a bit drunk from the wine stopped their vocal battle and looked at the man who joined the conversation.

“What? Fine… perhaps… it is time I retire. An old man needs his sleep.” Albus stood up and walked past a nearly comatose and drunk Igor Karkaroff and headed to the Dragon. The two witches did not even bother to spare him a glance as they resumed their battle. Albus looked hurt as the two did not even consider his own favorite. He trudged past the halls with a wounded look, what was wrong with Longbottom?

**********

October 31, Grand Hall, Beauxbatons


“Are you nervous?” Hermione asked Harry and Daphne.

“Literally trembling… you?” Daphne asked.

“Shaking… I don’t want to be a champion… how about you Harry?” Hermione asked.

“A Little… remain calm Hermy, Daph. If you get picked as champions, I’ll do everything in my power to keep you safe, even Fleur.” Harry said.

Hermione seemed to calm a little when she heard this. “You know Harry, you’ll be the most likely champion for Hogwarts.”

“I don’t think so… that Goblet of Fire could not be that stupid to pick someone who doesn’t want to participate in Tournament in the first place. I could not possibly compete with the seventh years.” Harry said.

“Want to bet?” Hermione asked. “If you get picked, you have to do something for me and Daphne. If you’re not a champion, then you can ask anything of us.”

Harry’s smile widened but not in a perverted way. “Fine, what do you want if you win?”

“Find me and Daphne dates for the Yule Ball. Sounds fair?” Hermione asked while Daphne struggled not to laugh. This was so easy on getting one over Harry, the boy was so clueless and humble to a fault.


“Sounds fair, and if I win, you must apply for the junior justice league.” Harry said smirking. He was going to win, after all an ancient magical artifact is not stupid.

“WHAT?!” Hermione stood up and shrieked and she immediately clamped her hands over her mouth as hundreds of eyes looked at her. Daphne pulled her friend down to her seat and sent apologetic smiles to everyone in the general vicinity.

The Goblet of fire stood near the front of the Head table surrounded by two blue bands of age lines that were cast by Dumbledore and Madame Maxime. Security was tight as a few teachers and aurors were permanently stationed around the Goblet at all times, ensuring that no underage wizards attempted to overcome the age lines. Even if they did, the age lines were perfect and would immediately react and throw off those not within the proper age.

The Hogwarts contingent entered their names year by year, until Harry reluctantly placed his name inside the goblet. Neville Longbottom, as usual made a scene as he crashed into Bartemius Crouch Senior, sending his possessions to the floor. Luckily for Neville Bartemius Crouch was in an unusual good mood and even helped Neville in picking up his possessions. Harry remembered that Neville almost tipped the Goblet from its perch when he dropped the folded paper that contained his name.

Now Harry, Hermione and Daphne were eagerly waiting the champions that would get picked. As the hour neared, Harry noticed the Goblet’s blue flames started to change its hue until a few minutes before it announced the Champions, it was completely red.


The general noise in the Grand hall gradually lessened as Headmistress Olympe Maxime, clad in glittering blue robes stood up from her seat and walked beside the Goblet.

“Now is the time for the selection of the Champions…” Olympe said as the Fire in the Goblet grew higher and higher as its flames grew erratic as if an invisible wind blew across the goblet’s mouth. The red flames grew until it reached its peak and spouted off a small piece of paper, burned at the edges.

Madame Olympe immediately snatched it from the air and read aloud. “The champion for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry… Harry Wayne!”

Cheers erupted in Harry’s table as Hermione, Daphne and the Hogwarts contingent applauded their champion. Some of the seventh years were surprised at this, they never considered that one of the youngest of their Contingent would be chosen. Nevertheless, the Goblet chose Harry Wayne, and they will support him.

Fleur, Isabel, Jocelyn and a few of the other French students that Harry had interacted with and became friends through the month of October applauded as well. Some of the younger female students of Beauxbatons cheered as they noticed the handsome boy that usually hang out and sat in Fleur’s classes.

“Oh crap. That Goblet is indeed stupid.” Harry muttered. Hermione nudged him and he stood up and walked to Madame Maxime.

“Congratulations Monsieur Wayne, please, through that door.” Olympe raised a hand to an ornately decorated door. Harry headed towards the door and looked at his teachers. Albus wore a disappointed look on his face but he still clapped, while Minerva was almost bursting with pride as she clapped furiously. She raised her fingers to her lips and uncharacteristically whistled in cheer for the Hogwarts Champion.

The cheers died down and Madame Olympe watched as the Cup let out another paper. She again snatched it and read aloud in a clear French accented voice. “The Durmstrang Institute Champion is… Viktor Krum!”

The Durmstrang contingent cheered and chanted: “KRUM KRUM KRUM!” as their champion stood up and walked towards Madame Olympe and then through the ornate door. Fan girls and sports fans cheered their Quidditch hero, clapping and stomping their feet.

Igor Karkaroff shouted “VIKTOOOOR!” and the Durmstrang champion nodded at his High Master.


At last the Goblet let out a piece of paper and Olympe snatched the falling paper, this time with more anticipation in her actions. She eagerly opened the paper and her face smiled and she finally announced her school’s champion. “The champion for Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is… Fleur Delacour!”

The roar of the crowd was deafening, as every Beauxbaton student, all 800 of them screamed as they applauded their champion. Hogwarts and Durmstrang cheered too, or most of the males did as they admired the beautiful French Witch.

Hermione and Daphne cheered the hardest for the Hogwarts contingent, and Fleur smiled at her two friends. She gracefully stood up and walked up to her Headmistress. Madame Olympe patted her shoulder and Fleur continued on and walked through the door the other two champions disappeared into.

Madame Olympe was about to announce some instructions, but the Goblet activated again. Olympe frowned, it should have died by now. The fire in the goblet spat out a name and she warily snatched it out of the air.

Her eyes widened and she said aloud, disbelief in her voice. “Neville Longbottom… Mary Poppins institute?”

Every Hogwarts student looked as one to their school mate, and the rest of the students followed their gaze. Neville looked up, busy from eating the potatoes, his cheeks full of the food. Dumbledore immediately stood up, confused as were McGonagall and Karkaroff.

“Neville! They’re calling you!” Parvati whispered harshly.

“Camf agehnth?” Neville replied.

“Swallow Neville, your name came out of the goblet… your… you’re a champion” Parvati said, disbelief in her face.

McGonagall reached their table and said sternly. “Stand up and go to the door by the right Neville, you’re the fourth Triwizard Champion!” She regretted saying it as a second later her face was full of partially chewed baked potatoes.

“WHAT!” Neville exclaimed as he spat out the food he was chewing. “How? Harry’s the champion!”

Minerva closed her eyes and she grabbed a towel from Hermione. She wiped her face and her stern grew harder. “Manners Longbottom! What would Augusta say if she saw you eating like that! Ron Weasley is not your role model! Now… stand up, I will accompany you.”

Minerva walked by Neville’s side amid the stares and frowns of the students and teachers. Madame Olympe turned to Dumbledore and said. “Explain.”

**********

Fleur wandered to the chamber where Dignitaries and VIPs usually refreshed themselves whenever they visited Beauxbatons. The room was very relaxing as paintings hung on the two alls, while a huge balcony overlooked the garden and the beach. The view from the room was beautiful at sunsets while a cool fresh wind blew into the viewers face.

“Fleur, I knew you would be here. Congratulations.” Harry said as he hugged his friend.

“Thank you… though could not say the same from you… you look like someone took away your personal jet.” Fleur teased her friend.

“I did not want this, but I will do what the tournament requires and I will compete to win.” Harry said.

“That was what I was afraid… your tenacious when you put your mind to the task.” Fleur said.


“Why would you not want to be a champion Mister Wayne? It will bring great honor and prestige.” Viktor Krum asked as he stood in the middle of the room.

“I don’t want the honor and prestige… in truth I only came here so that I can visit your school... and anyone part of the contingent are exempted from the exams” Harry grinned at Fleur.

“It seems you two know each other?” Viktor asked.

“We’ve been friends for a long time.” Fleur replied.

“I lost the bet with the girls, now I have to find dates for Hermione and Daphne for the ball.” Harry said.

Fleur grinned. “You’re going with your betrothed right? Find one for me too will you?” She asked cheekily.

“I also do not have a date. Perhaps you can find one for me? You are like the match maker in my country.” Viktor joked.

“Not you too Viktor, I have enough teasing from this piece of work.” Harry said as he messed Fleur’s gorgeous hair while the Beauxbaton champion slapped it away playfully. Harry’s face suddenly wore an evil expression and he looked at Viktor and Fleur.

“Suuure Viktor… I’ll help you out. What are friends for?” Harry said.

“We are friends? I accept then.” Viktor Krum said, his face confused.

“Good… Now meet your date Viktor, Fleur Delacour…. Fleur, Viktor’s your date.” Harry grinned. Two birds in one stone.

Fleur and Viktor stared at each other, looking at each other’s face. Viktor shrugged and smiled and Fleur beamed at him. “Yes that will be acceptable, in fact I prefer it. Thanks Harry.”

Suddenly the door opened and the three champions turned as one and faced a confused Neville Longbottom. He looked confused, unsure of what happened. It was an uncomfortable moment as the three champions, all looking their part stared at Neville who looked like he wanted to cry.

The door burst open again and in strode in a furious Olympe, followed by her staff, Dumbledore, Karkaroff and McGonagall. A few ministry representatives from the magical government of France hurried into the room just before it sealed itself.


“There is no Poppins Institute! Is this a prank? Albus! How did another Hogwarts student managed to compete? Was it your age line?” Olympe asked. “This is an insult to our school! And to France!”

“This is no prank… someone had attempted and succeeded in entering Neville’s name for a more sinister reason.” Albus said gravely.

“Hogwarts is cheating! It wants a sure way to win!” Igor exclaimed.

“Remember, Longbottom’s name is placed under the school Mary Poppins Institute. It is obvious that someone manipulated the goblet to think that there are four schools competing… and Neville is placed in the fourth category to ensure he would be chosen.” Albus theorized.


“Who would go to such lengths to set an elaborate trap then?” Olympe asked.

“I can only suspect of one thing… I will tell you later about it. Neville is this your handwriting?” Dumbledore asked as he showed the paper with Neville’s name on it.

Neville looked closely… “I don’t know professor.”

“What do you mean? You can’t remember your handwriting? Look closer” Albus said.

After an agonizing long wait where Neville practiced writing his name he said. “It’s not mine Professor, it’s too neat.”

“So… we agree that someone has forced Neville into competing. We must arrange the tasks and add certain… things for the fourth champion…” Albus said.

“Yes… but you must tell me as soon as possible about whom your suspect is. In the meantime… a fourth champion will compete in the Tri Wizard Tournament… Neville Longbottom.” Olympe said her face serious.

Harry’s eyes narrowed… what Dumbledore said was logical… there is a plot. Perhaps he needed to investigate. As Madame Olympe dismissed them Harry quickly left the room and headed towards the grand hall to look for clues. Harry Wayne was on the case.

***********


A/N: Comments? Reviews?

This chapter is unedited
Sign up to rate and review this story