Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 21: The Triwizard tournament

by bluminous 14 reviews

Never tickle a sleeping Dragon

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-05-19 - Updated: 2009-05-19 - 7435 words

5Exciting
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.

“All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.”
- William Shakespeare

Chapter 21: The Triwizard Tournament

“Oh hell” Apollo dodged another batarang and leapt towards the sky to avoid fighting batman on the ground. That opponent was tricky and he knew he would not be able to win with just technique, his opponent was superior. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Superman speeding towards his right side and with no time to dodge, he crossed his arms and they glowed brighter with power.

Superman’s punch hit him and it was bone jarring, and he flew a good 200 meters backwards before he finally regained control. He let out four beams erupt from his body, charged stunning curses and sent them to the man of steel. Clark dodged all but three, but the fourth one tagged him on the chest and he fell from the sky.


Jonn Jones suddenly shifted in front of him and Apollo’s eyes widened. Before Jonn could do anything Apollo vanished, re appearing over batman and sent a hail of bolts towards him. Apollo looked on with frustration as the man seemingly avoid all his attacks, as if he knew a split second in advance where the bolts will land.

Apollo was punched to the stomach when a red blur moved past him, and it knocked out his breath. He knew Wally’s tendencies and he called for his power and sent a might punch towards the ground. The ground vibrated and shifted, as the aftershock of his punch altered the landscape. He saw Flash stumble and used the opportunity and sent a stunning curse towards him. Batarangs suddenly came from nowhere and he moved to avoid them and went straight into the path of Shayera’s mace.

“Gnhhh!” Apollo let out a powerful burst of aura that pulsed through the air. Shayera’s attack was stopped as she was carried away by the force of the shockwave.

“Offf!” Apollo was hit from behind by a kick from his mother and when he was carried straight to Jonn Jones. The Martian smiled and morphed into an enormous serpent that started to coil around Apollo. Apollo struggled for a moment then he vanished taking Jonn with him. He reappeared on the ground and used his leverage from the earth to regain his balance.

“Petrificus Totalus!” Apollo thought and a curse from his hands flew towards the serpent’s body. Jonn Jones stiffened and Apollo managed to free himself, only for a golden of rope to wrap around him. Suddenly he was pinned to the ground by Diana, and he struggled to free himself.

“BOOM” Superman landed beside the struggling pair as his feet slammed on the ground, making a depression on the ground.

Superman had apparently recovered and pinned his shoulders, while Wonderwoman sat on her son’s legs. Jonn Jones, still in his serpent form coiled around Harry’s torso, preventing him from struggling.

“Hufff huff…. You guys are two much… huff huff” Apollo said, breathing heavily. “You were relentless, you gave me no chance to compose myself.”

“That’s the plan Harry.” Superman said as he let go of Apollo’s shoulders. “Don’t worry, you will figure it out soon.”

Jonn Jones phased through the ground and reappeared in his standard form. “Do no not be disappointed Apollo, you have lasted 12 minutes, 27 seconds in the third try.”

Harry’s mother leaned over her son and kissed his sweaty cheek. “I’m proud of you Harry.” She stood up with the help of Batman and in turn helped her son to his feet.

“Can you revive Wally and John? We also need their inputs in this” Batman said.

Apollo nodded and sent the counter curses to the two stunned members. Shayera landed beside them and patted him on the shoulder. “You did good.” She smiled.

After their disastrous first week, Harry eventually warmed up to Shayera after seeing she wasn’t about to betray them again and apologized for his behavior. His Mum’s advice helped greatly, when she told him about Shayera actions that betrayed her own people to save the earth.

Shayera greatly admired noble and powerful warriors and she saw that in Apollo. She realized later that this was the Green Lantern that destroyed the flagship of the Thanagarian faction years ago. Apollo’s ability to take a hit and give a mighty good one increased her admiration for the young man.


“Well that’s the end of the exercise… Harry that last attack knocked me off my feet… literally. Why don’t we head back to the Watchtower…? I’m hungry.” Wally suggested. Everyone voiced their approval and Harry opened a portal to the watchtower. Everyone stepped through and the Justice League and Apollo vanished in a flash of green light.

“So you might be wondering about the purpose of this exercise?” Batman asked as they sat around the cafeteria.

“No not really Dad.” Apollo said as he munched his sandwich. He took a sip of water and exhaled. “I learned three valuable lessons today.”

“Oh? What are they” Clark asked.

“The first one...” Harry brought out his finger for emphasis. “I used power to try to overwhelm everyone… but that didn’t work out well. My attacks were devastating, and knocked out some of you but the smoke and dust obscured my vision and awareness. You can’t fight power with even more power, that doesn’t solve anything.”

“Continue…” Batman said proudly as he shared significant looks with his amused teammates.

“The second one” Harry lifted another finger. “The second bout I went back to what I considered my usual tactic… but I realized you all knew what I was about to do. You guys… and girls were able to predict what I was going to do next… and I got my butt whooped. I realized you all know how I move and attack since well most of you trained me. So I realized then that I needed some flexibility and vary my attacks, make them unpredictable.”

“Good.” Superman said as he handed a few dollars to Wally. “And the last?”


“Well…teamwork overcomes almost everything. And mum’s lasso is indeed unbreakable.” Harry grinned amidst the laughter. “I’m going for seconds… anyone want to come with me?” He asked.

“No… go ahead baby. We’re going to freshen up a bit.” Wonder Woman said and they all stood up, and ruffled Harry’s hair one by one as they passed.


“Mmmmm scallops” Harry pointed at the serving and the woman behind the bar smiled and gave him a dish. He grabbed a few apples and a glass of juice and sat down on the table. He was about to bite into his first piece when a hand plucked it from his fork and shoved it into her mouth.

“Kara!” Harry smiled and engulfed his girlfriend with a hug. He then realized that he was sweaty earlier and that he still needed to take a bath. “Sorry… I still need to...”

Kara sniffed his neck and sighed as she pressed her face to his neck. “You smell good.”

“I do?” Harry sniffed himself. He just smelled himself after training or a jog. It wasn’t unpleasant but he felt the need for a shower.

“Yeahh... it’s really I don’t know attractive?” Kara said as she sniffed him again and kissed him on the neck. “I forgot to bring this up because I always forget but whenever I smell you I don’t know it’s really a nice attractive smell. It…” Kara whispered on his ear.

“Turn you what?” Harry gasped as his eyes widened in surprise.

“It’s a very arousing smell. I really like it.” Kara grinned. “Come on I missed you. We need some quality time together.” She dragged him from the cafeteria to her room.

Harry followed her, forgetting the need for a shower.

************


“That kid’s something… he is absorbing it all like a sponge and at a phenomenal rate.” Shayera said as they all headed towards their rooms.

“I was pleasantly surprised at what he said. His maturity and dedication is really something.” Clark said and looked at his other two compatriots. “Harry really came to his own when he became a full member, you must be proud, Bruce, Diana.”


“We certainly are. We could not have asked for a better son. And the way he spoils his sister…” Diana smiled as she remembered her daughter crying yesterday, demanding that she play with her big brother. She mock glared at her husband and added. “And especially her father.”

“Oh? What did Bruce do this time?” Wally asked.

“Well he gave her a baby bat suit pajama… Astraea loved it. You know, complete with cape and cowl although it’s made of wool.” Diana said while Batman pinched her arm lightly.

“Isn’t the costume scary for a baby girl?” Superman asked as he imagined his goddaughter wearing a dark cape and cowl. The costume was designed to intimidate villains and instill fear in their hearts.

“Oh don’t worry about that… It’s colored pink.” Diana said as she gave a secret smiled to her husband who promptly turned away as the doting father cracked a smile.


**********
9.30am Dulcinea coffee shop, Across King’s cross station

Harry and Kara were sitting among the coffee shops across the train station waiting for Hermione, Daphne and Luna when Harry spotted the twins and their family stepped out of a blue Ford Anglia.

“Fred! George!” Harry called and the twins and the Red head clan looked at the source of the sound.
“Oi Harry!” Twin number one said.
The Weasley family crossed the street and headed towards the Twins’ friend.

“How are you oh sweet prince...” Fred asked.

“…Heart breaker extraordinaire?” George added and that caused Kara to smile at their antics as she sat by Harry’s side, their fingers intertwined.

“I’m fine… spiffing even.” Harry said as he stood up with Kara to greet the group. “Hello Ronald. These is your family?”

A red headed woman nudged George and he said “Oh yeah sorry about that. This is our mom, that’s dad, that’s our eldest Bill, then the ugly one is Charlie…”

“George!” Mrs. Weasley scolded her son.

“…then you know Ron and this is our youngest… Ginevra” Fred continued and he got elbowed in the gut by his younger sister.

Harry smiled and greeted them and when he was about to introduce Kara, he remembered what she said about the significance of the promise ring he gave her to the magical world.

“A pleasure to meet you, I’m Harry Wayne, a friend of your sons, and this is my betrothed, Kara Zorel.” Harry said pleasantly.

“It’s an honor to meet you Mr. Wayne! I heard about you from the ministry! The one that captured Pettigrew!” Mr. Weasley shook Harry’s hand eagerly.

“What a strapping young man!” Mrs. Weasley couldn’t take it anymore and hugged the Wayne heir. She looked intently at his face. “You look familiar… your face… I’ve seen it somewhere in the village.”

“You must have seen his show on the television… he is Chef Harry.” Kara said.

“Chef Harry! No wonder! I have your book! Can you sign it? Oh Arthur look! I’m hugging Chef Harry! Look!” She squeezed Harry tighter and let go after a few moments.

“Mum loves your book… she saw it in the village store. And Dad finally managed to make the telly work and she watches your show religiously” Fred teased their friend.

“I have a book?” Harry asked.

“You forgot already? I told you this summer… the television network that has the rights to your show made a cooking book. Your mom approved of it.” Kara said.

“Oh wow…” Harry said weakly. He didn’t know it was that big. He thought it was a trend that would vanish after the next season.

“And you’re already betrothed! She’s beautiful!” Mrs. Weasley said to Harry and turned to Kara. “You’re very charming young lady. Take care of Harry now. And you must be very lucky to have him as your chef.”

“Oh I am very proud of how my Harry here cooks. His dishes our excellent” Kara said.

“Ignore mum, she’s start struck. Hi I’m Ginny!” The small red head girl greeted the couple.

The Weasleys chatted with Harry and Kara for a few minutes and after a few suggestions and a few autographs for Mrs. Weasley, the two parents left. Mrs. Weasley needed to take care of the house while Mr. Weasley went to work.

“What house are you in Harry?” Bill asked as he sat on the free chair after Harry’s invitation to join them. the other siblings pulled other chairs from the surrounding tables and followed their eldest’s actions.

“Ravenclaw… what was your house?” Harry asked curiously.

“We’re all Gryffindors, even mum and dad. You look cute together. How did you manage to woo this beautiful lady beside you?” Charlie asked. The lady before her was stunning, and if she wasn’t engaged he would have loved to court her.

“We know each other when we were kids… she was my playmate and best friend… even now she’s still my best friend and my future wife. I guess we just fell in love without realizing it. Kara here made me realize that when I was eleven.” Harry said as he gave his Kara a smile.

“That’s so romantic… do you have any younger brothers?” Ginny asked hopefully.

“No… I do have a baby sister… she just turned one last may.” Harry replied.

“How does a raven befriend these two dunderheads?” Bill Weasley asked.

“Oi!” The twins protested. “You forgot handsome dunderheads!”

“Well let’s just say we came to an understanding. And we recently became partners in a business venture.” Harry said mysteriously.

“That was you? Their financial backer? Mom’s going to freak out.” Bill laughed. He was wondering how the twins managed to produce the prank candies and items that they were now preparing to sell to their school mates. Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes, it was a brilliant idea, Bill admitted, but their mother wanted the traditional careers for her sons.

The twin’s nearly lost all of their products from their mother’s purge when she discovered what they were up to, but Bill managed to help them salvage half of their inventory.

“Hi! I’m Ron!” Ronald Weasley noticed the beautiful girl in front of him and tried to use his “charms.”

“Kara.” Kara smiled and just nodded her head.

“Don’t think about it Ron, this fine lady is already taken.” George warned his younger brother.

“Yeah he’d scare the living piss out of you.” Fred joked. Both of the twins knew Harry was not what he seemed. They were now friends with the boy, but they were still careful around him. They knew he could take the mickey when teased, but were unsure of when someone made a moved on his girl.

****


After a few more minutes the Weasleys headed to the station chattering about the World Cup of quidditch. Hermione and Daphne arrived with their parents, and after a hurried ‘good bye’ the five left and headed to the station.

“Well take care, Harry. And don’t forget, we’ll patrol next Saturday. I want you to be early so you can wake me in my room.” Kara said as she hugged her boyfriend and smelled his scent. Tonight she would sleep in his quarters, so that she can smell her boyfriend and feel closer to him.

“I will Kara. Take care too. Call me if you need help ok dear?” Harry hugged back and gave Kara a soft kiss. “Bye!” Harry said as he boarded the train as it began to move. He went their usual cabin where his trunk was already stored and entered, greeting Luna who was chatting with Hermione.

“Harry, I have some news for you.” My mum said that there’s a buzz in the ministry. She thought it was just the World Cup being held here, but it didn’t die down.” Daphne said.

“What is it?” Harry asked curiously.

“Well… she dug deeper… and you know there’s this department head… Ludo Bagman I think. He used to have a crush on mum back in school. He told mum that they will be having the Tri Wizard Tournament this year.” Daphne whispered.


“That’s a prestigious tournament, but also dangerous.” Harry said as he removed a few apples from his pack and tossed it to the girls.

“It is… I read about it. There was this year when all the school champions died.” Daphne said.

“All three were second years. Who knew that dragonpox would infect almost all the visiting school delegations and the host population a week before the cup picked the champions? Naturally the goblet picked those that were not infected, hence third years and they sorely lacked skills to survive the tasks.” Harry added.

“Is Hogwarts going to host the tournament?” Hermione asked.

“No, from what I heard it will be in Beauxbatons. I hope I can come… I don’t want to be a champion but it will be an honor to be part of the delegation. No homework, free schedule… you can choose to sit in the classes.” Daphne sighed.

“Yeah it will be nice to see Fleur again.” Hermione mused.

“Will they pose age restrictions?” Harry asked. He glanced outside the cabin window and saw Slytherins looking for someone to harass. He narrowed his eyes and the boys hurried past.

“No… Harry how do you do that? I wanted to ask for the longest time now. When you stare at people, they really freak out.” Daphne asked.

“It’s the people themselves… deep down they know that someone can deliver if they really mean to. They know saber rattling from the real thing. Harry here of course has the skills to back up his glare. He never bluffs.” Luna said and lied down, using Harry’s lap as her pillow. She propped up her bare feet and pressed them on the glass window.

“What she said” Harry grinned and look down at his unusual friend who had now fallen asleep. He saw the magazine she was reading in her lap and gently took it out of her hands and started to read it himself.


********

“No more antics… Am I clear?” Dumbledore snapped as he paced his office.

“Yes…” the small voice whined. “I want my Luna!”

“You’ll see her… if there will be no more muggle songs. Do you understand?” Dumbledore said. He had enough of the hat’s refusal to sing regular sorting songs. Last year the Hat sang

“Fine… just pick me up! We’re almost late for the sorting you old coot!” The hat snapped.

Dumbledore glared at the hat and grabbed it roughly and shoved the rude thing to his pockets. As he left the office with the wooden stool he heard the muffled voice of the hat say “Wash your robes! It stinks in here!”





As the Sorting Ceremony Started the hat opened its mouth and began its song.

“Welcome young wizards and witches
So full of life, happy as peaches
To Hogwarts, the prestigious wizarding school
That will teach young minds that magic is a tool”

Dumbledore smiled as the Hat sang its song and he gazed fondly at the new first years that wore awestruck faces.

“Under the guidance of Dumbledore
Who is an insensitive old fool!
He will merely use you as a tool
His stubbornness is like a fucking mule

For those who are brash bold and brave
I will place you in your very own graves!
Limbs will be torn, your parents will mourn
For you will now be Gryffindor’s own.

To the bookworms and nerds
Get a life you house full of curds!
Your life will be will have no meaning
Apathetic brats now under Raven’s wing


To the house of cowardly puffs
The house oh so full of duffs
You will be the school’s bitches
Bullied to let go of you riches

And finally the Slytherin snakes
All full of prejudiced fakes
You will be under Severus Snape
Get ready boys you will all get raped!

This is my withdrawal song
I warned you all along
Give me my Luna Lovegood
Or I will continue to sulk and brood.”

The great hall was in shock as the words slowly registered on everyone’s ears. Albus looked at the new first years, they were now clutching each other in fear, terror written on their faces.

The sorting hat was not finished, it turned to the first years and let out an evil laugh.

“BWAHAHAHAHAA! Fresh meat!”

That was enough and pushed the unsorted first years to the brink. Several burst into tears, some hysterical and they all surrounded McGonagall, clutching her robe with small hands.
“I wanna go home!” A young boy cried while another first year girl shouted. “I want my mommy! Where’s my mommy?”

The sorting ceremony for this year was memorable as it was the first time McGonagall had to drag the crying first years for their sorting. Usually when she called a name the child called would eagerly rush towards the stool. Now she had to call many times and sort out the first years.

It was here that the qualities of the houses were shown, as the potential Ravenclaws pretended that they were not the one called as the pronunciation or spelling was different. The potential Gryffindors would boldly run to the door they came from even though the massive gamekeeper Hagrid blocked the door. The Slytherins used deceit and slyness and claimed that the person in front of them had their names. It was easy to spot the Hufflepuffs as they were the ones in the very middle of the group of first years huddling near the floor hoping that they would never be spotted.

The sorting was the longest too, and good thing for Harry he had made sandwiches earlier for himself and his friends. The smoked turkey sandwich with cheese, lettuce, onions and tomatoes in toasted wheat bread he made for the trip was greatly appreciated by Daphne, Luna and Hermione. When he brought them out, wrapped in towel paper, everyone in the table eyed them with animalistic hunger in their eyes.


To everyone’s relief the sorting finished, with the last student clutching the sorting hat as she carried it to the Ravenclaw table. The hat jumped into Luna’s lap and begged it to be put on. Luna obliged the hat and it sighed and swayed gleefully on her head. The food immediately appeared and everyone almost ate as fast like Ron Weasley, but not as messy.

After everyone had their fill, the Headmaster stood up for the customary welcome speech. “Welcome new students and old. First of all I would like to welcome our new Defense against the dark arts teacher, Alastor Moody, former auror.”

Moody stood up and grunted and the students clapped lightly, unsure if the man would be offended if they did more. Moody accepted Dumbledore’s offer to teach immediately after he discovered a supposedly dead man. Moody was a big factor in the School, and Albus felt safe leaving the defenses and security to the paranoid ex auror.

Bartemius Crouch Junior’s discovery was a scandal kept quiet by the Ministry to try and hide embarrassment from the press. Fudge’s inept administration cleared Crouch senior who was still under the Imperius curse, thinking that Crouch faked his own death to escape Azkaban. Sirius Black escaped after all, they thought the dead man went inside Moody’s house to kill the man responsible for his capture.

This year will be a special year as seven per year from will be selected by the end of October to join the Delegation to France.”

Everyone murmured wondering what it was all about except for the ones like Harry and his friends who knew in advance.

“Among this delegation, one of you will become chosen as the Champion to represent Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Triwizard tournament that Beauxbatons Academy of Magic will play host to.”

“The selection process has already been decided. The list from fourth to seventh years will be posted in your common rooms. Good night.” Dumbledore sat down and the students chattered excitedly, wondering if they will be on the exclusive list.

Ravenclaw Common Room:

“Oh wow! We’re all here!” Daphne said as she squeezed past the crowd that surrounded the list of candidates.

“Really? That’s incredible! Can you imagine the fun we’ll have?” Hermione gushed.

“I’ll really miss you three.” Luna said quietly.

“Oh crap… third years don’t get to come.” Harry said sadly. “Tell you what, I’ll leave Hedwig here with you, she likes you a lot you know.”

“Thanks Harry. That’s thoughtful of you.” Luna said. “Hedwig’s a very thoughtful owl.”

********

September 15, Earth orbit

“Whoop! Whoop! alert alert”
“Whoop! whoop! alert alert”


Harry heard the computer voice in the cockpit module of the new Javelin fighter. This was an experimental craft developed in secret by the Wayne Enterprises in partnership with the Justice league and the Thanagarian scientists.

Harry was chosen to test the craft since he was a fairly good pilot though he heard Wally once describe his flying as suicidal. An important factor was that he can survive in outer space if the experimental craft malfunctioned, and he can even secure the craft before it plummeted to the atmosphere.

“You pushed it too hard again” a female voice crackled through the static in his intercom.

“I know Kara, this craft’s frame needs a bit more stiffness. Whoever designed this is stupid…”
“Why” Kara asked.

“They designed it more for an environment with air… the wings actually bend. That’s fine if you’re not a SPACE Fighter. The engines are great though. It’s just the body couldn’t keep up.” Harry said.

“The technician here is muttering that you’re pushing the craft too hard. Anyway, come back to Watchtower 1. The scientists are collecting the telemetry data of your run. We have to stop by and pick up Astraea and your mum in Gotham then you have a shoot for your second season and I’m hungry.” Kara said, amusement evident in her voice.

“But why do we need three cameras now? Those Media executives want three angles, and I’m just cooking. And a studio? It does not seem right, I want a real kitchen. Let’s use Uncle Clark’s house, he has a great kitchen and please tell them to cancel that studio reservation, I won’t go there. I already have a camera man with Cyborg, he’s great and I’m sure he can handle three camera angles. Anyway, Auntie Lois wanted that exclusive and I really can’t refuse her. She knows I’m at America right now.” Harry said as he pushed the craft to its limits again.


“You’re doing it again… slower… or the scientist will have nothing to analyze and improve on for your next flight.” Kara said.

“Copy that” Harry said as he slowed the craft. Thrust nozzles at the front let out short burst of propulsion and the craft slowed down and Harry slowly guided it to the hangar.

“Whew” Harry removed the helm and jumped from the cockpit. He took a second to admire the latest fighter design. In truth it was a modified F14 – variant E Super Tomcat that had all its insides gutted, and state of the art engine thrust technology. The scientist retained the variable wing geometry and added thrust nozzles in the wings so that it can be more maneuverable.

Where once it had wheels now two enormous robot legs jutted out from under its chassis whenever it was stationary. The new thrusters came from those legs, increasing flexibility of the new javelin fighter.

“Hey Harry, let’s go.” Kara said as she stood by his side. Harry nodded to the scientists and waved his hand and stepped through the portal he summoned with Kara by his side.

The two appeared in Harry’s room, and both stepped out to look for Astraea and Diana. They found mother and daughter in the playpen, with Astraea squealing happily as her mother tickled her and played with her, occasionally kissing her cheek.

“Mum” Harry said as he crawled on his knees and joined the two Wayne women.

“Hi honey! How was the test run?” Diana asked as she struggled to contain her daughter’s excitement at seeing her big brother.

“It was fine… I came here to ask if you still want to come with me for the shoot of the first episode of the new season?” Harry asked as he kissed his sister as Astraea crawled up to him. She was growing up fast!

“Of course I’ll come and your sister too! I love your cooking Harry.” Diana said and Kara nodded in agreement.

“Alright hang on I’m going to call Uncle Clark first to check if it’s ok to make a portal there.” Harry said as he touched his earpiece. Once he confirmed that the area was clear, he contacted and asked Cyborg to teleport to Clark’s house.

The four appeared in Clark Kent’s modest sized but quaint living room. Harry was surprised that Raven was waiting with Cyborg who was in a camouflage as his bionic parts were covered by synthetic skin.

“Hi Uncle Clark! Thanks for letting me use your kitchen. Hi Raven! What brings you here?” Harry said as he hugged her and slapped Cyborg in the shoulder.

“I hope you don’t mind… I missed talking to you, and you’re cooking of course! Starfire’s sad that she lost at the draw of who can come with Cyborg.” Raven said. Harry was the first person that she could totally relate with, and after their episode in the alternate realm their friendship grew.” Raven said and smiled at Kara in greeting.


“That’s fine. I’m glad you’re here. Hey Cyborg! Should I call you Jason Stone later when Clark’s girlfriend arrives? That’s your undercover identity isn’t it?” Harry asked.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Clark said as he turned red. He turned to and greeted his goddaughter.

“That’s fine. That’s your baby sister huh? She’s cute.” Jason Stone/Cyborg said.

“That’s our little bundle of joy, Astraea.” Harry said proudly.

“She looks like her mom. Anyway what are you going to cook? I brought three cameras that you asked with their stands… maybe I should set up.” Jason Stone said.

“Uhhh I don’t know… I have to buy ingredients first across the store from Uncle Clark’s. I remember when I was a kid that they had good beef and vegetables there. So you can set up now and by the time were back we can have enough time to shoot and then serve it. Bye!” Harry took off and dashed across the street, occasionally waving at neighbors who remembered him whenever he visited.


“Hi Mrs. Dawson!” Harry greeted the old grocery owner.

“Harry dear I haven’t seen you in a long time! Clark comes along but I never saw you in over a year!” Mrs. Dawson said as she put on her glasses.

“I’m going to cook for Uncle Clark tonight… do you have any produce that you recommend?” Harry asked as he inspected the wares.

“Oh the asparagus just arrived… I’ve never seen such long ones in years! “Mrs. Dawson recommended.

“You’re right they’re nice.” Harry grabbed four bundles and continued his shopping.


“You know… you look so much like this young boy chef in TV. My granddaughter has a massive crush on him… what’s his name?... ohh I forgot..” Mrs. Dawson said.

“A new chef huh?” Harry said as he approached the counter.

“Oh yes. You done dear?” She asked.

“Yes. Thank you.” Harry said pleasantly. After purchasing his ingredients, he walked briskly across and headed to the kitchen.

He found Lois Lane had joined them and he deposited the grocery bags in the counter to greet his aunt. “Hi Auntie Lois! You look fabulous! Have you lost weight? Clark said that you were a vision of perfection, but you’re a goddess” Harry said as he hugged his aunt.

“Stop your antics Harry… I missed my little reporter. Imagine my surprise when you suddenly turned into a cooking sensation! The Wayne heir suddenly becomes a celebrity!” Lois said and turned to Harry’s mother. “And Astraea look at you! Sorry darling, I was not able to go to your birthday… my boss did not allow me.”

“It’s fine Lois. At least you’re here.” Diana said as she kissed Lois’ cheek and was kissed in turn.

“So what’s for lunch? Lois asked as she pulled out a small notebook and pen. Harry prepared his ingredients while Jason Stone checked the equipment.


Harry was about to speak when he noticed the cameras around him. “Okay, what do we need three cameras for? Jason we can do it with one right?”

Jason nodded while Kara whispered something in Lois ear causing her to laugh.

“Harry… Kara told me the three cameras are for three angles, an over view of you in the kitchen, a close up of what you’re cooking and a hand held camera that’s focused on your face, and that’s where you stare at all the time.” Lois said.

“My face? Isn’t this show about food?” Harry asked, perplexed.

“Yes... and it’s also about the dashing young chef that captured so many girls’… and housewives’ fancy.” Lois said eloquently.

“Oh… right” Harry shrugged at the camera and began.

“Hello I’m Harry Wayne, and this is Chef Harry.” He smiled as Kara, Raven, Jason and his mum smiled. Astraea watched her brother curiously, wondering why he was looking at an object when he spoke. She was here isn’t she? Why was he not talking to her?

“For lunch, I’m going to make an appetizer… something most kids do not eat or particularly like. But this is a delicious vegetable and I’m going to cook it in an easy way. Some steam them but in only removes the stiffness and the crunchiness that I love about it. And after that I’m going to make a dip, with garlic, butter some salt and some mayonnaise for the asparagus.” Harry said.

“When did you learn to slice so fast?” Lois asked as the camera swerved at her.

“Through practice… and make sure your hand is in the correct position… the cats paws... see? The blade will slide right of your nails if you miss the slice.” Harry raised his hands, his fingers were touching each other while they were slightly extended and curved.

Harry cooked, sliced and diced and mixed, and even grilled. His grilled asparagus dipped in garlic butter dip was lovely and Lois and Clark were particularly fond of it. The scallop soup he prepared was magnificent, and what was unique about is was he used a hollowed bread to form as the bowl of the thick scallop soup. Diana and Kara loved the way to eat it, and when they finished half the soup they would tear into the bred and dip it in the remaining scallop soup.

The dessert was a cheesecake Harry made mixed with an unusual ingredient… chocolate. The tastes went well together and Astraea particularly loved it. While Harry stirred the scallop soup during the shoot, he was holding his baby sister in his right arm.

Astraea demanded that her brother pay attention to her and she finally got impatient and cried. It was a very cute moment as Astraea peered at the thick white soup while she hugged her brother’s neck, occasionally kissing his cheek to make him pay attention to her. Harry would rub noses with Astraea’s cute little nose and continued to cook, occasionally explaining about what he was doing to his mother, Kara or Lois.

Kara said she felt like she fell in love with him all over again during that heart-warming scene. She confessed that she was worried about the show’s many young fans and their predatory obsession with the young star.


*******

October 1, Hogwarts castle. 8am

The assembled delegation stood at the great hall looking sharp, as the various students stared at the enviously. Minerva McGonagall looked at them with pride, even the Slytherins within the ranks. They were the crème de la crème of the crop, the A list, the best and brightest Hogwarts has to offer… she saw Longbottom sneeze… and one lucky son of a bitch.

Albus Dumbledore wore shocking purple robes, very much like the muggles’ view of the great Merlin. The big question that plagued everyone’s minds was how the contingent was going to travel to Beauxbatons. This was a prestigious event, and appearance was everything as the international magical community watched the rare spectacle.


It was so long since a full Hogwarts contingent traveled in an official manner, that no one knew how. Some speculated that they will use the Hogwarts express, the others said that they will use the Thestral herd. A few less intelligent guesses said that they will take a portkey or just simply apparated.

“Follow me.” Albus said and he walked towards the second floor. He was excited, this secret was something passed from headmaster to headmaster and he had never tried it. The delegation and Minerva followed him while the rest of the population went outside to bid farewell to their delegations though they were confused since the students going to France went inside.


Albus led then to a blank wall and cast a few charms and mumbled a few words. The wall shifted, like the one in the entrance to Diagon Alley. The wall revealed a spiraling staircase and the contingent and the Headmaster headed up. Once they reached the very top, they noticed the interior has a large circular room with stone benches and ten doors surrounding it.

Albus walked to a strange podium that was facing a blank wall in the middle of the room and bid everyone to sit down as his eyes twinkled in excitement. “Sit down please.”
As the contingent sat, on stone benches the Headmaster began to speak. “This will be how we will go to Beauxbatons. You all remember our school Motto: Draco Dormiens Numquam Titillandus or Never tickle a sleeping Dragon. The castle is truly magical… even as we leave Hogwarts we will take a part of her with us.”

He turned his back and faced the podium and cast a complicated charm. There was a rumble as the stone walls suddenly shifted, collapsing into itself, some combining to form a new structure. The circular room and its adjacent rooms relatively remained the same, but the front part of the circular room radically changed. The tower they were in shook, and the contingent, and Harry looked on with fascination.

Outside, the students and teachers gasped aloud as one of the towers that were never used, it had no entrance and many thought it was just part of the design suddenly shifted, its stone façade warping and shifting. Massive stone wings unwrapped themselves and a large head sprang forth and let a thunderous roar. Four large limbs disengaged from what remained from the tower and a shocked community gazed at a very, very, very large stone dragon.

The dragon’s eyes flared red with fire and it took off and the crowd actually felt the gust of wind the massive stone wings produced. This was a transfiguration masterpiece, an awesome sight to behold. The stone dragon achieved flight with the aid of the enchantments ingrained within the stones themselves and it circled the Castle. Its mouth opened and it let out a burst of fire in salute, and with a flap of wings in thundered past the grounds, until it disappeared into the morning sky.

Students looked at each other… their eyes filled with disbelief. Then they all cheered, screaming their throats hoarse at the unbelievable sight. Gryffindors and Slytherins, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs gave each other high fives, backs slaps and hugs as rivalries and prejudices crumbled for the moment as School spirit reigned. Severus Snape grinned at the awesome sight and herded the students inside for breakfast. The sleeping Dragon had awakened after it was tickled and it was off to defend its honor and prestige.

He wished he was there to see the faces of the other schools. Those Frenchies are going to choke on their snails when they see this one.

*******

“Marvelous… simply outstanding work.” Dumbledore said as he grabbed hold of the controls as he sat on the chair in front of the podium.

“Albus… how did this happen? The sheer scale of this transfiguration and the enchantments… It’s mind boggling!” Minerva exclaimed.

“It’s a secret passed on from one headmaster to the next…. The previous headmasters in the paintings that competed in the previous tournaments helped me learn of the controls. I suspect it’s not a single spell, but a succession of spells… there must be thousands here in a cascading effect, I’m not sure. And you may have noticed we have wards that move… move! That is simply unheard off, something I’m afraid we may never replicate or even hope to understand.” Albus said as he looked forward through a large window, they were somewhere in the neck of the massive Stone Dragon.

“Now… who wants to steer? It is very easy, and there is an enchanted compass that points towards our destination.” Albus grinned. Immediately dozens of hands were raised, eager to fly the stone dragon.

As a seventh year from Ravenclaw was picked and was quickly taught, Albus stood up and looked at the happy and proud faces of the students. Each year level has a room, pick one. You will notice that all amenities will be inside. This room…” He pointed at the door with a red color. “… is our kitchen where we can eat. A contingent of house elves is with us and the supplies necessary for our seven month stay. However, there is no separation of males and females, and only a curtain on your beds will give you privacy. You are the best students in Hogwarts, and we trust you to behave and ACT accordingly.”

As the students explored their new mobile home, the eight first years found a problem as there were only seven beds in their room. Albus decided to split the group into two, and Harry, Daphne, Hermione and Susan Bones immediately staked their claim in a room. Padma complained though, but she grudgingly agreed that those three were inseparable and she and Neville roomed with Blaise and Tracy from Slytherin.


Everyone was united in school spirit, as they needed to show a united front as the eyes of the international magical community would soon be upon them. As the 12 hour journey progressed, the students mingled, even Harry, Daphne and Hermione. Sometimes they would all burst in unison to sing their funny Hogwarts song, or look out their windows to look at the fantastic view of the sea and mainland Europe.

Games were played and sometimes as the studious Ravenclaws actually stopped reading their books to join the fun, and the Slytherins playfully made jokes with the Gryffindors. Albus hoped they would carry this and set an example once they returned. They were sure though, that no matter who their champion is, Hogwarts would come out on top.

A/N: Reviews, Suggestions and Comments Are greatly appreciated. It’s actually an author’s fuel, as I have observed and experienced since I started writing this last march 24.
Sign up to rate and review this story