Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter15: The Secret of Hermione Granger

by bluminous 1 review

relaxation methods

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-05-11 - Updated: 2009-05-11 - 8362 words

5Original
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.
Chapter 15: The secret of Hermione Granger.


“What happened when I passed out… did I get him?” Harry asked as he donned a gray shirt. Kara observed her boyfriend for a moment with a small smile and once Harry’s head popped through the shirt she replied.
“You got him… it was a great hit! It was so strong that his helm fell off!” Kara said proudly.
“His helm fell off? I bet that surprised him. I thought I got him in the end though, but I forgot there was another one remaining.” Harry said stretching his limbs. “How long was I out?”

“About an hour I think… the celebrations have barely begun.” Kara stared for him for a moment deep in thought. Harry noticed this and stared back at her. Finally after a minute Harry got impatient and walked closer to her and finally he gave his girlfriend a good peck on the lips. That woke Kara up from her stupor and gave Harry a bright smile.

“You were gone for a minute there Kara… what were you thinking?” Harry asked, concern shown on his face.

“It’s just that… I knew you were powerful Harry… but that was amazing! I was filled with awe at the power you both wielded. You almost beat THE God of War! The energies you used... every attack was an earthquake for us, knocking most on their backs. If it were not for those Olympian Gods and the shield they maintained, I don’t think most would be alive tonight.” Kara finally let out what was bubbling inside her for an hour. “And now… that awesome powerful god like warrior is standing next to me… and he’s my boyfriend!”

“Kara? I got my butt kicked out there, he got many hits on me, and that just shows how much I still need to learn.” Harry said and gave his girlfriend a nice tight hug. “Anyway I’m glad our other friends are not freaking out over what they have seen.”

Kara snorted and replied. “Harry, what you did today… the gravity of the power you wielded had not yet sunk into their minds. At the moment they’re just happy and excited about having a little impromptu reunion, but once they all sobered up expect worse from them, especially Hermione.”

Harry groaned and let go of Kara. “The spar should have stayed a secret then. I hope they don’t treat me differently because of what I’m capable of.”

“Trust me they won’t, they’re our good friends Harry. After a week everything will be back to normal. C’mon, let’s get some food in you, I bet you’re hungry from the match.” Kara locked her elbow with his and led him to the food tent.

Harry’s assumptions were partially correct as at first Hermione, Daphne and most of all Fleur didn’t know at first how to interact with such their powerful friend. Hermione thought she knew the extent of Harry’s powers as she knew a lot about Green Lanterns but that display blew her away. She was acting like he was a newly discovered species, and she kept on a constant stream of questions and queries. How did he get so strong? What was the source of his power if he doesn’t have a ring? Hermione found a particularly baffling puzzle and she was determined to put the clues if there were any back together. Hermione Granger was on the case.

Daphne and Fleur just remained quiet around him, unsure on how to behave around what they considered to be on a level far above your run of the mill, average Supreme Mugwump.
“It’s still me you know.” Harry said growing tired of the wide eyed looks he had been receiving from the two. “Look, tell you what, you knew I belong to the Justice League correct?” Daphne and Fleur nodded slowly, still staring at him with the annoying wide eyed look.

“Well the Justice League is full of people with abilities like me.” Kara and Hermione gave him disbelieving looks, but he ignored them. “Well, some only have one ability unlike me that possess two. My magic and Lantern powers… Look, it’s not really a big deal, I mean look at Kara, she has Lantern Powers and Kryptonian powers… that’s cool! I just got lucky out there, and I don’t think Ares was serious against me.”

“That’s the biggest understatement in the century.” Daphne said dryly. “Now come here and give us some hugs. You scared us with that fight you had.”

Harry smiled and obliged them, and soon their small groups were exchanging their opinions on what they saw and how exciting it was, comparing their experiences from their own perspectives while watching the fight.

Luna on the other hand treated Harry the same while Xeno just looked at him with confusion on his face, wondering if he was a new breed of some new magical creature. He was rapidly thinking up of a new name for this new specimen that was a friend of his daughter.

Thankfully the Amazon Warriors did not treat him differently, and he only got pat on the backs as commiserations for not beating Ares flew all around. They really enjoyed the battle and Helena kept on bragging that she was the one who taught Harry the blade first. His grandmother proved to be a source of embarrassment as he smothered him with hugs and kisses, to his friends’ great amusement.

The most embarrassing for him though was when he met Fleur Delacour’s grandmother, Mademoiselle Clemence. It seemed that Fleur’s streak of naughtiness was inherited fully from her.

“Greetings, Harry Apollo Wayne. On behalf of my coven, I congratulate you on an impressive display of power. I am Clemence, Fleur’s grandmother.” Clemence said in English with a thick accent.

Harry recognized that she was struggling a bit and answered her in flawless French. “Greetings Mademoiselle. What can I do for you?”

Clemence raised a beautiful eyebrow at him and gave a smile. “Oh you are simply wonderful! What a beautiful Parisian accent!” She turned around and called to Fleur who was chatting with Kara and Daphne. “Fleur darling! Come over here! I need to speak with you!”

Fleur looked at her grandmother strangely and walked towards them while Kara followed her and stayed beside Harry. “Fleur please tell me that you have a betrothal contract with this wonderful young man! I am sure my daughter Apoline would have recognized his attractive qualities.”

Harry turned bright red while Fleur’s eyes widened and she instantly rounded on her grandmother. “Grandmama! Harry is just a really good friend! I do not have plans of getting betrothed at this time! And he already has someone he plans to marry, the young woman beside him!”

Clemence smiling face fell slightly… “Oh you were too slow Fleur, he is a diamond in a pile of rocks, and you don’t find young men like him anymore.” She turned to Harry and Kara and said “Congratulations…I was just looking for a suitable partner for my daughter that can protect her… and a powerful young man that can go head to head with the God of War certainly fits the bill.”

She looked closer at Kara and then turned back to Harry with a mischievous look on her beautiful face. “I see you like older women… would you prefer someone more... mature?” She leaned closer to him and leaned slightly to show a good amount of cleavage.

Harry’s face paled and he gave Kara a horrified look. Fleur slapped her forehead and muttered incoherently while shaking her head. “Uhh thank you for the offer… but my Kara’s mature enough for me… not that I don’t find you attractive because you are and I can see where Fleur gets his looks from.”

Clemence gave an elegant laugh and pinched his cheek. “I was just teasing! You’re too sweet you know… very sweet. If you were unattached my coven would be fighting among themselves to have you by their side.” She looked at Kara and said in English. “You should take care of this young man. He is very special and very unique, certainly a prize for any woman.”

Kara who only knew basic French had followed the gist of the earlier conversation gave a feral smile to Clemence. “Do not worry Madam, I’m not planning to let him go.” She grabbed Harry’s hand and interlocked her fingers with his to emphasize the point.

***********


“I thought I’ve seen it all, after all I’ve spent most of my lifetime surrounded by super powered beings. But what he showed today genuinely scared me. I just sat there while dust accumulated in my open mouth.” John Stewart said as he took a sip of whiskey.

“I know… I didn’t know he was that powerful… I thought I knew his limits, but it seemed he is far more powerful than I’ve anticipated.” Katma said as she took a sip herself.

“Did you feel the power and intensity of the attacks? I’m glad we managed to record the entire thing, I was afraid the optic recorders would not survive.” John said.

“Yes… every time one of those attacks was launched I felt my hairs stand and my skin tingle… it was very hard to breath. And we were how far from the arena? 100 feet?” Katma guessed, as the images of the awesome fight flashed through her mind.

“More or less. I can’t wait to show this video to Clark. He’s going to be shocked.” John said as he held up the data stick that contained data about Harry’s fight with Ares.

“I think it’s time we send him into an assignment, to help him learn about teamwork. And the Senior Justice couldn’t provide him that as they all outrank him. I suggest you place him somewhere with teammates his own age.” Katma suggested.

“You don’t mean…” John’s eyes widened in surprise.

Katma shrugged and played with her glass, swirling the liquid inside. “Only for three weeks, after that I’ll recommend that he be given full membership as an official Justice League member. San Francisco will be nice for him, and I’m sure the Teen Titans will be happy to accommodate him.”

***********


After all the excitement and hype died down, Fleur, Hermione, Daphne and Luna returned back to Paris, but not before Harry invited all four girls to his Birthday. Since Fleur finally knew about his secret, he didn’t need to stage an advance Birthday Party for friends that were not privy to his alternate life. He was assured by Fleur that she will keep his secret and protect it, as Veela are naturally resistant to the mind arts.

Luna and her Father also promised to keep the secret of what they saw in the valley, although he did not give Xenophilius Lovegood the full details of his other job. The editor only knew that Harry Wayne was a powerful being that was a friend of his daughter. Luna managed to convince her father to allow her to stay with Harry and his Friends, and the man agreed after assurances from Bruce that she’s in safe hands. Xenophilius hitched a ride with them until he reached a magical district inside Athens, where he eagerly planned another expedition for the Snorcack hunt.

Private Island of Bruce Wayne, July 30

A flash of light materialized in front of a long beach house. It had no upper walls but it had the full complement of furniture and modern amenities to provide comfort for a hundred people.

Astraea giggled and her tiny hands tried to catch the flashes of light from the teleportation process while she was held securely by her mother. The Wayne family and Kara arrived a day early for his birthday, to have some quiet family time. The almost four month old Baby was a joy to be around and the excited squeals whenever she was happy never failed to put smiles on her parents’ faces.

“Harry, will you and Kara watch your sister for the moment, I need to talk with mother about her travel arrangements. I don’t know why they keep on sailing from Themyscira to this island every year. It always scares off sea liners and cargo ships thinking their vessel is a ghost ship. Maybe I can convince her this year.” Diana said as she handed Astraea nappy bag filled with Diapers, toys and milk bottles to Kara.

Harry gleefully accepted Astraea and he replied back as his sister played with his face and hair. “Give up mom, Grandmum’s too stubborn and I admit it’s really cool of her to do that. That Greek ship’s really awesome and it’s really fast too with all the enchantments in there. Hey Rea that’s my nose your pulling” He gave a raspberry to Astraea’s tummy that set off another laughing fit from his sister.


Diana sighed and said. “Fine… it’s just I don’t want her to bribe Dr. Fate again to enchant that old ship to Fly. The last time she tried that some oil tanker crew jumped to their lifeboats thinking the ship was coming for their souls. She doesn’t really concern herself with security.”

Bruce smiled and pulled Diana closer to him. “Let your mother be Princess, c’mon I think were due for a private time before we go back.” He leaned in and whispered something to her ear and squeezed her impressive butt. Diana’s eyes opened wide and she let out a gasp. She grinned and pulled her husband and lifted him to the air and she flew both of them to the jungle.

“I honestly never expected your Dad to have a wild imagination, or your mom too. It’s kind of shocking when you think about it.” Kara said as she played with her cute future sister in law’s chin.

“I think it’s all the emotions and urges they repressed coming out after all the years they danced around each other. At least they are happy and in love and that’s all I want to see from them.” Harry replied. “Now Astraea, do you want to go to the beach? Do you? Yes you do! Come on I’ll put sun block on you little treasure.” Harry said as he spoke with his sister, babbling about small things while he walked towards his room. Astraea listened attentively as if she could understand her brother, in truth she just liked hearing his voice and playing with his soft scruffy hair.


Kara looked at the two siblings and shook her head. Her Harry is going to be a great father some day. She hurried after them as she remembered that she carried the bag that contained the sun block.

***********


“Well what do you think?” Kara asked as she appeared in front of her boyfriend in her most sexy and revealing bikini she had ever worn. Harry opened his mouth in shock and his eyes bulged at the eighth wonder of the world. Kara wore a red bikini with a daring cut that showed half her cleavage, and a high cut of the bikini red that showed her impressive legs and thin waist. It hinted at everything and teased him.


“Gurgle..” Harry said as he stared at his girlfriend, stunned and dazed. Kara laughed and stepped closer to him and gave him a kiss on the lips to rouse him.

“I assume you like it?” Kara asked and he turned around to give her boyfriend a proper look. Her backside proved too much and put Harry on a daze again. “Warble” Harry said as his throat dried and his mind overloaded.

Finally after a few more kisses to wake her boyfriend up, they finally headed to the beach for an afternoon swim. “It’s amazing… you’re so beautiful.” Harry said as they sat on the sand while the surf tickled their feet. “I’m just worried though, uhmm will you wear that tomorrow?”

“Thanks Harry… tomorrow? Oh no! This red thing’s almost scandalous! I don’t have the nerve to wear it in front of so many people.” Kara said as she dug her toes deeper into the sand.

“Good… because I don’t want to fight off every single male on the island when they see you in that sexy red thing. Thank you for wearing it…” Harry said as he leaned closer to Kara.

“I’ll only wear it for you, love.” Kara whispered and their lips locked as the setting sun dipped into the sea.

***********


“Happy Birthday!!!” Harry woke up in surprise and looked around his room. His mum was there with Kara who was carrying a still sleepy Astraea.

“Thanks mum, Kara and of course my little princess.” Harry said. He stood up and stretched while yawning. “What time is it?”

“Around seven dear… Sorry I woke you up but I have to go with your father and help on the arrangement for the party later tonight, be so kind and take care of Astraea with Kara?” Diana asked.

“Of course mum. And I think she’s big enough to play with me in the surf. The water’s not too hot or cold at this time and the waves are really calm in the morning. What do you think honey?” Harry looked at his girlfriend while Diana grinned at the term of endearment. Her baby boy was copying how Bruce and she interacted! It was so cute!

“I think that’s great Harry, what do you think Diana?” Kara asked her future mother in law.

Diana thought for a moment and nodded. “I think that would be fine, the sun’s not strong enough this early to cause sunburn, but don’t let her swallow saltwater ok? I’ll head back to the watchtower to oversee the rush of supplies that will be teleported here, and the lists of guests of course.” Diana leaned down and kissed her children and Kara. “Goodbye and take care of Astraea” She tapped her communicator and vanished in a flash of light.


“Let’s go Birthday Boy.” Kara said and leaned down and kissed her boyfriend in the cheek. “I’ll have Astraea dressed in her bathing costume, meet you in the lounge alright?” Harry nodded and her girlfriend left his room with his sister.

*********



Hermione, Fleur, Daphne and Luna arrived at the island with their escort Huntress. They were excited to finally be part of this very exclusive party, the celebration of Harry’s birthday and vacation day for the Justice League and its affiliated hero groups.

An amusing sight greeted the four girls and their escort and they remained silent as they observed a rare occasion.

Astraea squealed and splashed among the waves as she was held securely by her older brother while Kara was in front of her talking in soothing tones. Harry carefully looked at the swells to see if a wave was too strong for her little sister, and he would raise her up high past the waves.

“Ok little princess, time for your big sister Kara to carry you, I’ll get your milk bottle for you.” Harry stood up from the knee high water and turned to where their things were placed, on top of the towels on the sand.

Fleur, Hermione, Daphne and Luna watched their hot and dripping friend walk gracefully towards the beach, while Huntress looked on with amusement.
“That lucky bitch.” Luna grumbled and the three nodded absently in agreement.
Hermione’s brain as expected was the first to kick in and she gasped and reprimanded Luna. “That was a bad thing to say Luna! Kara is very kind and she deserves Harry. They love each other!”

“I know, Hermione. But she’s still a lucky bitch.” Luna eyed Harry’s torso and licked her lips. “Maybe you’re right, he is yummylicious, and he just lacked the proper seasoning. Seawater.”

Huntress laughed aloud and Harry heard it. He turned towards their direction and gave an excited smile. He waved at them and started walking closer.

“Fine, she’s very lucky. But don’t call her a bitch. It’s rude.” Hermione said weakly as their eye candy walked closer to them. ‘Please let there be a hug, please let there be a hug.’ Hermione chanted. He might be her best friend, but that doesn’t mean she’s not allowed to appreciate and enjoy certain benefits of being a best friend of a hot guy. He certainly filled up this summer.

“YES!” Hermione and Daphne cried out simultaneously as Harry hugged Huntress first. The two girls eyed each other and gave each other grins, acknowledging that they were thinking of the same thing.

“Hi Hermione, Daphne, Fleur and Luna.” It’s good of you to come.” Harry said and began giving hugs that left the girls breathless, even Fleur.

“Happy Birthday Harry!” They greeted him and the birthday boy smiled in gratitude.

“Is that your baby sister Harry?” Hermione asked eagerly as she watched Kara playing with a baby. Harry’s smiling face brightened even more at the mention of his sister. “Yeah, Astraea, come I’ll introduce you.” He took off, a baby bottle filled with milk in his hands.

“Is that them, I thought I heard their voices.” Kara said, handing back Astraea to Harry. The Wayne heiress was extremely difficult to get settled down, she only stopped stirring when Harry, Bruce or Diana carried her. Kara took the bottle from Harry’s busy hands and fed Astraea some milk.

“She’s so cute!” The girls gushed as they rushed towards Harry who was carrying Astraea. “Awww” The girls simultaneously sighed at the sight of the cute young thing. Astraea sucked her milk bottle and looked at the strange faces. The faces leaned closer, and she felt trapped. She spat out the nipple of the milk bottle and wailed and her young lungs clear and strong against the sound of the waves.

Harry immediately walked away and from the group and rocked his little sister to assure her. Astraea calmed down as the sun and the wind tickled her face and her cries died down. Feeling secure against her big brother’s strong arms, she snuggled closer to him while she eyed the intruders with curiosity.

“She’s a bit picky.” Kara said as she packed the half empty milk bottle to the bag. “She doesn’t want just anyone carrying her, and I’m a bit lucky as she doesn’t cry when I carry her. She only falls asleep when she’s carried by her parents or her big brother.”

The girls gazed at Harry who continued to rock Astraea gently to sleep while the baby’s wide blue eyes looked curiously at her audience. Her big brother’s comforting presence and the gentle rocking motion was too much, and her eyes gently closed.
“He’s going to be an excellent father.” Hermione observed. Kara smiled and added. “He’s the one who usually cleans her nappies, and he’s not scared at all!”

“Now that’s the man who conquers fear.” Fleur added. She playfully bumped her waist to Kara and said “Lucky bitch” that set off another round of shrieking and laughter as the girls started playing on the beach. Thankfully Astraea was a deep sleeper and Harry moved to the small hut to provide some shade for her sister.

Harry was busy wiping down Astraea’s tiny body with a wet soft cloth when Hermione approached. She was wearing her blue swimsuit, while her wet clothes were clutched on her arms. “Hey Harry, can I hang this on the rail to dry?”

“Sure go ahead. Having fun?” Harry asked, while his sister continued to push away the cold cloth.

“Yeah, it’s very relaxing here. How’s Astraea, I hope we didn’t scare her?” Hermione slowly walked up to the table, she gave a bright smile to Harry’s sister.

“She’s fine, she was just overwhelmed by the sudden intrusion. She doesn’t cry that much, but when she does... well you know she inherited Mom’s voice.” Harry finished washing Astraea and started to put on a new diaper.

Hermione observed his smooth movements with interest. His movements were precise, gentle but firm. “Where did you learn how to take care of a baby?” Hermione asked. Harry zipped the diaper in place and then placed a light pink baby dress on Astraea.

“Well since I learned mom was pregnant last year, I read up on baby books while I was on Hogwarts and during breaks. Then when this little princess here was born I watched carefully as the grandmum and mom took care of Astraea. At first I was scared to hurt her, she was so tiny back then. But mom showed me how to do it properly, and now I got used to it. That’s all done baby sister.” Harry said and gently kissed Astraea’s forehead.

Astraea cooed and relished at the fresh feeling and raised her arms to her brother. Harry carried her on one arm and placed her head on his shoulder. “Do you want to meet her Hermione?” Harry asked.

“I would love to.” Hermione smiled and moved behind Harry to look at Astraea. The baby was chewing on her brother’s shirt while she eyed this new stranger.

“Hi Astraea! I’m Hermione, your brother’s best friend.” Hermione said leaning a little.

Astraea continued to chew on her favorite chew toy and just stared at the stranger. “Hermione, do some funny faces and strange noises. She loves that.” Harry suggested. He turned Astraea on his arms so the baby was resting comfortable as she used Harry’s chest as a back rest and his arms as a secure seat.

“Uhh no Harry… I don’t do baby talk.” Hermione said.

“Oh come on! It’s fine, and you have to hear her laugh. Its magical, it always makes you smile.” Harry begged her.

Hermione finally relented. This was his birthday after all. Thinking of a children’s cartoon she finally found something to copy. Facing Astraea, she sang in what she thought was a gruff and deep pirate’s voice.

“OOOOHHHHH Who Lives in a pineapple under the sea?”
“Spongebob squarepants!”
“Absorbent and yellow and porous is he?
“Spongebob squarepants!”

Astraea looked with wide eyes at the strange girl who was singing in a scary voice, and she clutched her brother for security. Harry’s mouth was wide open, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Sponge What Square What? He was sure something was in his ears.

“Who's nautical nonsense be something you wish?”
“Spongebob squarepants!”
“So drop on the deck and flop like a fish!”
“Spongebob Squ…”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” Astraea cried her loudest yet, interrupting Hermione’s very special song.

“He… Hermione! What was that?!” Harry asked with wide eyes, his mouth twitching. He rocked his baby sister hoping to calm her, but she never stopped crying.

“I… I thought it would amuse her! It’s SpongeBob Squarepants! Surely you know that show?” Harry looked at Hermione as if seeing her for the first time and slowly shook his head. His cheeks continued to puff up and then return to normal as tried not to laugh. A snort was heard from the door and Hermione turned around only to see the rest of them looking at her with wide twinkly eyes and huge grins on their faces.

“What?” Hermione defended herself. “I like that show! The song’s pretty catchy! She pulled out a towel from her beach bag that had the fictional character on its design. She held the towel up and showed it to her friends. “See? That’s SpongeBob!”

It proved too much and Fleur let out a small giggle that caused Daphne to laugh harder, followed by the rest. Luna meanwhile looked at the towel and started to hum the tune. It was indeed catchy, and from what Hermione sang, it had good lyrics too. Astraea stopped crying and looked at the strange group of people.


Seeing Hermione’s hurt expression, he immediately moved to her side and fortunately Astraea found his friends curly brown hair fascinating and pulled it.

“Ouch! Oh Astraea! Harry! Sorry I made her cry again. I know it sounds childish and stupid…” Hermione ranted.

“Wait, it’s just something I’d never expect from you.” He looked at the towel in her hands. “Sponge… bob looks funny. And I think Astraea cried because of the gruff voice you sang with. Let’s go back to the kitchen and drink something, maybe you could sing for my sister again?”

Hermione looked at the Wayne heiress that was currently playing with her curly brown hair. The baby was fascinated by its texture and color. She smiled and nodded her head in agreement, her hurt vanishing in moments. Maybe she did look funny, but still the show was hilarious and provided her with relaxation whenever she took breaks from studying.


Harry gave Kara a significant look and Kara smiled and mouthed “go on.” after a refreshing drink of sweet mango milkshakes, Hermione sang the SpongeBob song, this time in a normal voice. Astraea laughed and smiled in excitement, appreciating the song and its singer. She fussed in Harry’s arm and leaned towards Hermione.

“She wants you to hold her.” Harry said. After demonstrating the correct way to hold a baby, he carefully transferred his sister to Hermione’s determined arms.

“That’s the way to hold her, see?” Harry said. “If she’s comfortable, she won’t cry or fuss in your arms, unless she wants something.” Astraea continued to play with Hermione’s hair cooing and making incoherent baby sounds.

“You’re pretty good at this. You’re a natural.” Hermione said.

“Well I do excel in almost everything, I am after all, a genius.” Harry placed two fists on his waist and posed like Gilderoy Lockhart,

“Hogwash, you have me to thank for in your charms and History of Magic. Just because you always transfigured instead of charming doesn’t make you a Genius. Ha!” Hermione bantered with Harry while little Astraea looked back and forth between her big brother and his interesting friend.


Harry’s thirteenth birthday party was the biggest fun yet, as hundreds of Superheroes and their families attended his birthday. The presence of Harry’s magical friends increased his happiness even more, and he took great pleasure in introducing his friends to the Justice League. Hermione brought with her the “Safe” scrapbook for autographs. It meant that it didn’t contain critical information unlike her original. She happily moved from one hero to the next asking for autographs, and the heroes happily obliged her.

Astraea was the center of attention, as she was showed to the heroes by her proud parents. The female league members crowded around Diana, asking questions about motherhood and in raising a baby. The baby, comfortable being near her mother, happily smiled and charmed her curious guests.

Harry and Kara sat around their own bonfire cooking chicken with Hermione, Fleur and Luna, happily chatting and sharing stories. Suddenly, a man wearing blue board shorts and a red cape ran past them, kicking up sand as he made “whooshing sounds” while he held up his hands in front of him, as if he was flying.

“Who was that?” Daphne asked.
“A drunk man who is pretending to be Superman” Hermione answered her friend. She saw the red cape with Superman’s symbol on it.

“No Hermione, that is Superman. He’s drunk, and forgot that he can actually fly.” Kara said. “Harry be a dear and fetch him please.”

“Again?” Harry grumbled. He stood up and ran after his drunken uncle.

“This happens often?” Fleur asked as suddenly a red blur flew past them, followed by a green streak. They heard Harry’s voice. “Settle down Uncle Clark! Don’t make me go Apollo on you!”

“Yes, every year on Harry’s birthday.” Kara leaned forward and whispered. “He has extremely low tolerance for alcohol.” The girls burst out laughing and they watched a new source of amusement as Harry tried to catch a drunk Superman. Suddenly and old Greek Galley ship flew past over their heads, interrupting their laughter. The old ship and landed into the water, creating a huge splash and a loud sound.

“Mother!” Diana’s voice was heard from the main picnic table.


**********
August 2, Watchtower 1, 7pm

“Enter” The door opened and Apollo walked in and after given a nod seated himself in a chair as John Stewart, Katma Tui, Flash, Batman, Green Arrow, Superman, Jonn Jones and Aquaman surrounded him, seated in high back chairs. This was it, his evaluation.

“This is the preliminary results of your evaluation Apollo. Your instructors reported that you excelled, and even exceeded their expectations. Your spar with Ares was your final exam and the council agreed that you passed with high flying colors.” John Stewart said and Harry smiled, relieved.

“However, this is just the evaluation of your training in skills and character. The last part is an evaluation of how you interact with team members. For the next three weeks you will be assigned at San Francisco, California, to our semi independent group the Teen Titans, headed by Robin.”

Apollo was surprised at this assignment. He rarely heard of the exploits of the Teen Titans, and only knew Robin personally. He knew from the League database about their exploits and the files about its members. “I Understand. When will I leave for San Francisco?”

“At 0700. I just told Robin of your new assignment. I expect you will have a unique reception. Remember, your duties are primarily on the Teen Titan’s jurisdiction, unless an Omega or Delta alert happened. Good Luck Harry.” Batman said, smiling proudly at his son.

Once Apollo left the room, Flash immediately voiced what was bugging his mind. “Harry… I mean Apollo. Why are we so hard on him? I mean when we started the league, we just invited all the good meta humans and your average last of their alien race in. Now we’re raising the standards to ridiculously high levels when it comes to Harry! We don’t need to test his character, he already risked his life to save the world!”

The League eyed each other, and Batman answered Wally’s question. “We know that Wally. I specifically requested that my SON be given a harder and more demanding program for a Justice League full member candidate.”
“But why?” Flash asked, puzzled at this decision by Batman. For the first time, he found Bat’s decision to be illogical.
“This is only known to a few members… but Harry‘s true classification is on the G class. He’s public profile in the League Database marks him as D, on par with members like Clark, Wonder Woman and the Lanterns.” John Stewart replied.

“What! He’s on the same level as that weird gold robot Amazo?” Flash exclaimed. He thought the little bugger was strong, but not that strong that he’s classified now as more powerful than the whole league combined.

“Exactly… if you have any doubts, I’ll play the video now.” John said, pressing a button. A holographic projector on the ceiling sprang to life and began transmitting Apollo’s battle with Ares. The video lasted for a good ten minutes, and the league watched with fascination and awe at the display of supreme power. This was certainly beyond them.

“That… that’s no ordinary Green Lantern Power! And that battle was so cool!” Flash exclaimed. The others took a moment to regain their composure after watching such an awesome battle. The video record was rightly labeled ‘Clash of the Titans.’

“We certainly can’t do that, even when the Corp’s was active, no one there was that strong. The magnitude of the power he used there was mind boggling.” Katma admitted.

“We have studied Harry’s power, and the way he restored our rings and gave Kara a green lantern ring was baffling. At first I thought that a green lantern battery was embedded within his body, shrunk down to a small size. Obviously that theory is not possible, as he still needed a ring to wield and focus the lantern powers, and our own restored rings seemed never to run out of power.” John Stewart said.

“But now we have formed a new theory, and it seemed more plausible than the earlier theory.” Katma added. “We think that when that last guardian of Oa died, he passed his power to Harry. So now, Harry has the powers of a guardian and we know they are one of the more powerful races in the universe. That explains Harry’s ability to use his lantern powers without the need for a ring.”

“I think I understand now…” Wally said, removing his mask. “It’s all so simple really, Harry’s so special and so unique, that he needs training and evaluation that’s special and unique too.”

“I guess… that’s mostly right.” John Stewart admitted.

“Ha! GL finally admitted I’m smart!” Wally said and rounded on Batman. “See that? You’re not the only smart guy around here! There are now two intelligent life forms on board the Watchtower!”

Batman gave a small grin as Aquaman, Superman, Green Arrow and John Stewart moved closer to Wally, wearing evil smiles as they approached.
“And that’s not good. Bye!” Wally disappeared out of the meeting room leaving an amused and slightly annoyed group of heroes.


***************

August 2, Titan Tower 7.30 pm


“Attention Titans! Emergency meeting at the command center!” Robin’s voice travelled all over the tower. After five minutes the rest of Team Titans entered the command center yawning and stretching. Cyborg and Beast Boy were sleepy as they just finished dinner. Raven sat by herself while Starfire sat beside Robin.

“So what’s this meeting about?” Cyborg asked as he sat down on his usual seat.

“I was contacted by the Justice League, specifically by Batman.” Robin said as he stopped pacing the room and sat down on his own command chair.

“Something is troubling you, friend Robin.” Starfire observed.

“It’s nothing Starfire, it’s just that a new member will be arriving here tomorrow at 7am sharp.” Robin said.

“What? A new member? We don’t need a new member! We’re fine on our own!” Beast boy said, finally his waking up after hearing this intriguing news.

“It’s only for three weeks, after that our guest will become a full member of the Justice League.” Robin grabbed the control stick and pointed to the blank computer screen, turning it on. It displayed images of Apollo in various missions and battles. “I know our guest to be personally, we grew up together in Gotham together before I was assigned to San Francisco. His name’s Harry Apollo Wayne, Batman’s son.”

“Whoa… that’s Apollo!” Cyborg gasped. Almost every junior League member knew of the famous Apollo, the most powerful junior League member and Batman’s son.

“Nice.” Beast Boy admitted as he saw some videos in action.

“He’s powerful. Very powerful.” Raven admitted.

Starfire leaned closer for a better look at the monitor and made his observation. “What is his purpose of going here then? I too know of his exploits, and I am excited to make him my friend.”

“He will likely skip the mandatory 14 year old age requirement to be a full League member before the summer ends, but he’s close to becoming one. His mission here is to assist us in fighting whatever problems we have. I for one think that he couldn’t have arrive at a better time. Crime is going up this year, and the villains are getting bolder. We could certainly use the extra help.” Robin said.

“So what do you know about him? Is he snobby? Friendly?” Beast Boy asked.

“He’s a bit like Batman, a bit too serious but fun to be around when he is off mission. He likes to read books and play pranks, overall very friendly and fun to be with. Oh and I think he’s hooked up with Supergirl.” Robin added.

“Wow…. What a Lucky guy!” Cyborg exclaimed while Beast Boy looked impressed. Supergirl was the crush of most junior league males!

“So that’s it, Beast boy, I want you to clean the spare room. It’s your fault you used it as another closet. I won’t have Harry telling Batman that we are a bunch of slobs here. Starfire, you and Raven prepare a welcome dinner for Harry.” Robin said.

Raven raised an eyebrow and said “Do you honestly think the son of a demon lord and an alien know how to cook?”

Robin sighed and gave up. “Fine… pizza then for tomorrow night. Cyborg, update Apollo to the building’s security and upload his biometric data to the database.”

Cyborg nodded and headed to the computer console. Robin looked around, they had a lot to clean up and do before Apollo arrives. They needed to make a good impression.

*********
Wayne Manor, 8:30 pm


“But why so sudden? Can’t you leave later?” Kara asked, sitting on Harry’s bed while she watched her boyfriend.

“I’m sorry Kara, I just got the orders an hour ago. Don’t worry you can visit! But I need to be based there so I’m packing.” Harry replied as he threw another shirt to the open suitcase.

“But I’m your partner! What am I supposed to do now?” Kara whined. She hated being apart from Harry, summer was supposed to be their time for each other, and now it’s being cut almost a month short. Her plans for shopping, dates and more shopping had gone out the drain.

Harry stopped packing and took Kara’s hands on his own. “You can visit me every day when your schedule permits… but now watch out for Astraea ok? You know you’re her favorite big sister.”

Kara smiled and gently squeezed Harry’s hands. “She just likes to play with my hair.”

Harry shook his head and moved closer to Kara, wrapping his now free hands to her waist. “No, she really likes you, just like I do.”

***********


The Teen Titans stood around the top deck of the titan building awaiting their new team mate. As the clock struck 7, a white column of light materialized in front of them and then Apollo appeared with his luggage behind him.

The other members looked on with curiosity as they finally met the famous Apollo, savior of the Earth and one of the most powerful heroes of the new generation.

“Welcome to the Teen Titans” Robin stepped forward and offered a hand. Apollo smiled and shook his hand and said “Tim! Good to see you again. Nightwing misses you, now that you’re not based in Gotham anymore.”

Robin smiled and said. “He’s just lazy since no one will watch his back anymore.” He turned towards his team mates and held out a hand. “C’mon Harry, I’ll introduce you to my team mates.”

“This is Cyborg, he’s mean, but he ain’t lean, but he still is a fighting machine.” Robin said, and the rest of the young teens snickered.

Cyborg stepped forward and glared at Robin. “Hey! I just love pizza, ok?” He turned to Apollo and gave out a bionic arm. “Pleased to meet you Apollo.”

Apollo shook his arm and said “Likewise. Robin said you like to tinker with gadgets, I’m a bit of a mechanic myself. Maybe we can discuss the possible future applications of Tacheon particles?”

Cyborg smiled and said “Of course! Glad to have you here Apollo.”

“This is Starfire, from the planet Tamaran” Robin introduced his next member. Apollo took her hand giving it an enthusiastic shake.

Apollo gave her a charming smile and said “I finally get to meet the famous Starfire. I’m glad you have chosen to stay here and Earth to protect her citizens.”

Starfire beamed and smiled at him. “Thank you Apollo, I hope we can be friends.” Apollo grinned, unknowingly increasing his charm. “I’d love that.”

Robin his green skinned Team Mate next. “This is Beast Boy, if you want to survive, stay out of his room.”

“And finally this is Raven, she’s our magic expert.” Robin introduced his mysterious teammate. Seeing that Raven did not offer a hand, Apollo gave her a curt nod, and said “Pleased to meet you.” Apollo’s eyes unknowingly flashed green as Oa within him sensed great evil nearby.

“C’mon, I’ll show you to your new quarters, and maybe breakfast.” Robin said. Apollo agreed and waved his hand at his luggage, and the suitcase and the bag floated and trailed after its owner. Raven’s eyes widened in surprise. Magic.

As Robin and Apollo headed inside, as the rest of the Teen Titans looked on with mixed reactions.

“He’s certainly something.” Cyborg said. He was eager to show the Titan’s newest member his latest gizmos that he fabricated.

“He is very friendly. And it looks like Robin is very excited to have him?” Starfire said.

“Well they did grow up together in Gotham.” Beast boy said. “Well, I’m hungry again, maybe there’s still breakfast left.”

“But you already ate!” Cyborg said.

“And your point is?” Beast Boy raised an eyebrow before he transformed into a small jay and flew down to the kitchen.

Raven looked lost for a moment, she remembered those frightening eyes flashing with power. Those eyes had an ancient power behind them, far older than even the magics she wielded. She would investigate Apollo she decided. Those eyes gave a chill in her back, and it was the first time she felt it.

***********
July 31, Azkaban Prison.


The dreaded High Dementor passed the high security cell for the day, sending insane and dangerous convicts into fits of agony and fear. Their screams were so horrible, that the aurors had made it a point to stay at their barracks, well away from the screams of the maximum wing. The other convicts in the normal security were not so lucky, and some covered their ears as they shivered.

The High Dementor far surpassed the ordinary ones as the frost aura they emitted extended 10 meters, far more than the average 3 meters an Dementor emitted. They are also notoriously cruel, spending long hours by the cell door, sucking the emotions and life force of most convicts to the point of insanity.
There was one High Dementor for every level on Azkaban’s six jail floors with six ordinary Dementors, and four patrolled the maximum wing on the highest floor, along with twelve Dementors.

The High Dementor glided past a cell, and it barely stopped to inspect the cell before moving on. Because they are blind, Dementors only sensed their human prey through emotions humans possessed. It sensed that the current cell was empty of human life force, only an animal was staying there, probably a rat or a vulture. It had been empty for the last 13 years and the High Dementor thought it was just perpetually empty.

It was probably a fluke by the Incompetent Wizarding Ministry. He would love to gather his brethren and suck the souls of these wizards. If it were not for the Black Heart jewel that controlled them, they would have rebelled hundreds of years ago.

As the Dementor disappeared around the corner, the head of a black dog poked its head between the bars. It sniffed and when it heard and sensed no aurors approaching, it squeezed the rest of it thin body through the bars. This was it, the perfect moment. With the aurors all inside their barracks separate from Azkaban Keep, the black dog could practically trot out of the castle. He only needed to avoid some of the more sane prisoners that could tell the aurors of the method of his escape.

As he headed to the corridor, he stopped at a cell door with a familiar scent. He raised his leg and did his evil deed, and if he was human he would surely be snickering by now. Finishing, he gave a small woof and ran around the corner, his black coat helping him merge with the shadows.

Bellatrix Lestrange woke from her slumber, awakened by a strong pungent scent. She sniffed her nose and spotted her cot near the bars wet. She looked closer and touched the mattress with her fingers. Someone peed on her bed! Wiping her hand on her robes to get rid of the disgusting liquid, she started screaming in anger.

Beside the barracks a pair of Aurors were smoking when they heard the screams of a female inmate. “The bitch is awake again.” Auror Ribson mused, looking at the top floor of Azkaban Prison.

“Don’t mind her, let’s get inside I don’t want to hear the screams of the other inmates they wake up.” Auror Wood said. They flicked their cigarette butts to the cliff and entered the barracks, not noticing a black dog disappearing into the rocky boulders. Sirius Black had escaped.

A/N: Reviews? Comments?
This is still UNEDITED. Edited chapters will be in :

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4944577/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_power_of_Oa


if you want a better reading experiencing, look there. Editing and uploading in ficwad is very very difficult.
Sign up to rate and review this story