Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 11z: Themyscira

by bluminous 8 reviews

A different white Christmas

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-04-09 - Updated: 2009-04-10 - 8225 words

5Funny
Harry Potter and the power of Oa
By: Bluminous
A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.

Chapter 11: Themyscira

Harry watched the skies and radar screen, suspiciously looking for threats, as the batwing streaked across the sky. Beside him was his father Bruce Wayne, also wearing the same expression on his son’s face, cold and threatening. They were protecting the most precious thing in Universe, and it was Diana Wayne. As an added security precaution, Batman used his latest Batwing model with stealth capability and upgraded armor, with a full complement of weapons and missiles at his disposal. To make sure their precious cargo was safe; Bruce pushed the craft at a blinding velocity of mach 8 making sure no current missile would be able to catch them.

Kara Zorel watched the Wayne men’s funny precautions from her seat beside an amused but frustrated soon to be mother. There was nothing more dangerous than Wayne men protecting their women, and one of them was pregnant. Diana’s belly had started to grow, and she had started craving for mangoes as her pregnancy progressed. Her awesome physique and healthy body did not condemn her to morning sickness as other pregnant women, but she had the occasional cravings that if were not met, would cause her to cry or bring out her Amazonian Fury.

Of course most of Diana’s cravings were met, but getting locked up inside a heavily fortified Wayne Manor was wearing down on her usually calm nature. Her husband and son grew paranoid of her well being, and during the first month of her pregnancy she found it amusing to have both of them at her beck and call, obeying her every whim. However it became real old when Bruce began to make her itinerary for the day, making sure she was accompanied by Alfred when she went outside for walks.

“A commercial airliner is heading towards our general vicinity, might be a threat. Do you want me to investigate and force it to turn around?” Harry asked as he looked at the blip on the radar screen. He brought out his lantern powers, green aura flaring and his eyes flashed a dangerous green. Nobody would dare hurt his mother, and soon to be sibling, they would have to get through him first. Bruce looked like he agreed as he looked at the Radar Screen. The airliner was dangerously close, only 8 kilometers away. They could be packing super villains inside, ready to launch an attack on their craft. “I’ll lock the thermite missiles on them, just a precaution, Harry you…”

“Absolutely not! I won’t have my son flying out and harassing another airliner!” Diana fumed, crossing her arms on her chest. “This is going to be the fourth one that you wanted to board Harry! Honestly, their just regular passenger airlines! I’m perfectly fine, and I can defend myself.” Diana said, her patience wearing thin at their over protective bearing. Harry and Bruce looked at each other and rolled their eyes in understanding, women always downplayed threats.

“Fine, I’ll increase altitude to 80 thousand feet” Bruce said and pulled on the controls, causing the batwing to gently rise through the clouds and to thinner air. Diana sighed and looked at her son. “Harry, when will your friends join us?” she asked as she chewed on a piece of sweetened dried mango, her current must have food. Half of her luggage was full of it, and she couldn’t get enough of the dry, sweet and chewy snack.


“Kara will go with me and pick them up mum, I’ll probably take the VSTOL Lance jet since that one has stealth capability.” He said as he looked back at his mother fondly, before resuming his duty of tracking possible threats as he sat on the copilot’s seat. Kara grinned at her boyfriend with an amused expression; she was sure now that he would be worse than Bruce when she gets pregnant with their baby. Even now he was protective of her, what more when they start a family in the not so distant future?

“Agreed, and it would still maintain the secrecy of paradise island’s coordinates by avoiding tracking satellites. I’ll call Alfred and have delivered to watch tower 2.” Bruce said as he looked ahead, with a serious expression on his face. He would not drop his guard until they land at the island. “Were nearly there honey, I’ll start the descent slowly. How are you feeling? Tired? Stressed? If you want I could have Harry get you anything.” Bruce said and Harry nodded eagerly, he wanted to help his mother as comfortable as possible during her pregnancy.

Diana groaned softly and Kara grinned again, this was so amusing! She tapped the older Woman affectionately on her arm giving her a “poor you look”, Bruce and Harry were certainly over reacting even to Diana’s simple cough or sneeze, sending the Wayne men into a frenzy calling doctors and medical experts. The Amazon princess glared at Kara and said out loud so that the Wayne men could hear her clearly. “Don’t worry Kara, when the time comes that you get pregnant with Harry’s baby, Bruce, me and Clark would be acting the same, or worse. And don’t forget your soon to be grandmother in law” Diana smiled in satisfaction as she saw Kara’s eyes widened and a blush ran through her cheeks. She was sure that Harry had one, but she couldn’t see as he didn’t turn around.

“Yes Diana” Kara said weakly, having a super protective Harry was bad enough, but to include her boy scout Kryptonian cousin, future scary father in law and a baby obsessed Amazonian Queen made it worse for her. It was daunting, but that scenario would not come until a few more years. She smiled at the thought and fingered the promise ring Harry gave to her when he came back from Hogwarts. She remembered the day fondly, it was perfect, and oh so romantic.

Flashback:

Harry was sitting beside Kara while she leaned her head on his shoulder, relishing the feeling of her boyfriend so close. She had picked him up from the train station, and since they have a few hours to spare, they went to the park to relax and explore London. After spending an hour shopping, the couple headed to a nearby park to cool down. Harry looked at the various couples spending their day in the same park, and looked at his Kara who was about to fall asleep in his arms.

He was excited to have a new sibling to play with and take care of, and he was genuinely happy for his parents. He wanted what his mother and father have, a partnership that makes them both content and happy, and better people. He hoped Kara and him would have the strong bond his parents had, based on respect, trust and love. He already loved her, and he wished for a symbol, proof that he and Kara were committed to each other. He noticed he was changing, and these new emotions were confusing to him. He felt a strong urge to kick some of the boy’s butts who were eyeing his Kara when they were still at the platform. It was weird, as he never felt such a strong emotion last year when his Kara went with them to the train. Harry wanted to show to the world that Kara was his girlfriend, and when she noticed his scowling face at the leering boys, she laughed and said he was beginning to feel jealousy, and it was normal for a couple to have these emotions. It only meant that he was growing up.


He suddenly remembered the old ring Nicholas Flamel gave him and fished it out of his pocket. It was an odd ring, completely green with a disc at the front, with the symbol of the Green Lantern Corps etched in the surface. Whenever he touched it, his skin felt warm, like a comfortable flame was licking his palm. It was a simple design, and Harry wished its shape was more suited to Kara, for he planned to give it to her. Looking around to make sure no one was watching he clenched his hand at the ring willing it to change by shaping it with a wandless transfiguration spell. He pictured the image of the design he wanted, and as he began to cast the spell, he infused weaves of his own lantern powers as Nicholas had taught him. Harry’s hand glowed green and he felt a slight drain in his power before it rapidly filled up again. The ring started to shift and twist under his fingers, and when he opened his palm he inspected the newly designed ring with a critical eye.

It was exquisite, and it has adopted a silver metallic color with a green tinge whenever light reflected on its surface. The band was thinner, with weaves of silver intertwining to form the Green Lantern symbol. A small gleaming green jewel sparkled, housed in the silver design. Nodding in approval, he turned to his sleeping girlfriend and leaned down to kiss her gently on the lips.

Kara’s eyes opened as she felt the kiss and looked up at Harry with a warm smile. “That’s a nice way to wake up Harry. Are we going?” She asked as she looked at her watch to check for the time.

“No, I just wanted to give you something, a present.” Harry said and Kara perked up and said “Present? Wow! What is it?” She sat straight up and looked at him with an excited expression, as she always loved surprises, the good ones anyway.


Harry sat up straighter and moved in front of her, and he opened his palm to show his gift. Kara’s eyes widened in surprise and she placed both hands over her mouth in shock at the unexpected gift. The ring was beautiful, detailed and had a very feminine design. It had an unusual green tinge whenever the light caught its smooth surface, which was unusual but she loved it nevertheless. A green jewel with a brilliant shade of green was the very center, and Kara didn’t know what type of stone it was. Still, it was from her Harry and she was fascinated at the unknown stone, it was certainly unique, like her young boyfriend.

“It’s a symbol, for us, like a promise that someday, we too would start a family, like my dad and mum.” Harry said softly, suddenly shy and unsure if Kara would like his impromptu gift.

“It’s beautiful… put in on me Harry.” Kara whispered, her eyes moistening a bit at the sweet gift her boyfriend had given her. Harry took her left hand and slipped the ring on her middle finger and kissed her hand with affection. Kara shuddered as she felt a rush of power, it felt like whenever they would fly to space, with Harry enveloping her with his green aura. The feeling died down quickly and Kara, unable to control herself, lunged at Harry, sending them both to the ground.

Kara leaned in and gave Harry a sweet, passionate kiss and he responded, nibbling her lower lip. Kara moaned and kissed Harry harder, glad he was now responding to her feminity after such a long wait. Finally they broke off breathing hard, leaning on each other’s foreheads. “I love you Harry” Kara whispered and stroked his cheek with her left hand, now gleaming with a ring. She ran a thumb over his cheek and Harry relished the feeling, closing his eyes for a moment. “I love you too Kara” Harry said softly. “This is my promise to you someday we will be like mom and dad, raising our own children when we get older.” Kara smiled at the thought of the future, and leaned down seeking out his delicious lip.


As soon as Diana saw the ring on Kara’s left hand, she burst to tears as she was usually prone to tearing up when feeling strong emotions. “Oh my baby boy! You’re growing up so fast! And you Kara! you’ll be my new daughter in law!” Bruce meanwhile looked on proudly at his son, he smiled at the thought of having a kryptonian as a daughter in law. After the tearful welcome at Wayne Manor, Diana and Bruce began to refer to Kara as daughter, and she blushed at the new term of endearment, but she liked it.

The justice league was surprised at the news, they were still so young, and yet they were already committing themselves to each other. The females thought it was romantic, and they confronted their respective boyfriends asking why they didn’t give them rings. Some like Siren looked at Green Arrow with a raised eyebrow that said “Where’s my ring?” while Question made a stupid story to Huntress on engagement rings being part of some evil plot to take over the world.


End of flashback

“There it is, Paradise Island” Bruce said and Kara and Harry looked on eagerly, this was their first visit of the island, and from the stories from Diana and the rest of the league who managed to come there they couldn’t wait to land.
The island itself was beautiful, surrounded by reefs and sandbanks from either side, making waves that reach its powdery white beach small and gentle. Lust forests surrounded a gleaming white city, with towering white marble spires dominating the skyline. A mountain was at the very center of the island, and its tip was covered in feathery mists. Dominating the whole island was a beautiful palace, and a white tower that shined brightest in the sun was on top of it. This was truly paradise, a land blessed by the gods.

Harry could understand why the Amazonians were content to live here, rarely venturing outside to man’s world. After experiencing the grit and grime of Gotham and Metropolis, Harry would want to live here except that he had a duty to protect Earth. He gazed at his smiling mother and his admiration for her grew leaps and bounds, she had sacrificed a life of paradise to save man.

Kara squealed at spotting the white powdery beaches, and said “Harry, I hope you brought your swimming trunks, we have to try the beach!” Harry looked at the gentle waves lapping the beach and said “Yeah I brought one, that’s beautiful.” The batwing descended gently, with Diana directing Bruce where to land. Harry could see a courtyard where several Amazons surrounding it, and assumed that was their landing spot. The batwing landed softly, and the ramp extended, and Diana rushed out of the craft, eager to greet her mother. Harry and Kara carried their luggage, with Bruce shutting down the Batwing’s systems.

“Mother!” Diana said as she was hugged by the Amazonian Queen, and Hippolyta smiled at her daughter with a proud and happy expression. “Greetings Diana, and welcome home. How goes your pregnancy?” she asked as she patted Diana’s small bump, as if urging her new grandbaby to grow faster. “It goes well, mother, Bruce and Harry are very… protective of me.” Diana looked back to her husband and son with Kara, struggling with several boxes of Dried mangoes.
“Harry! come here and greet your grandmother!” Hippolyta demanded, and Harry stepped forward and was engulfed by strong royal and immortal arms. “Hi grandmum!” Harry managed to say as his face was engulfed by his grandmother’s bosom.

“Ohh! You have grown so tall! And so handsome!” Hippolyta said as she lifted Harry of his feet, looking at him properly. She set Harry down after kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair fondly and looked at Bruce. “Come here brave Dark Knight, husband of my Daughter. Give your mother in law a hug”
Bruce stepped forward and was embraced by Hippolyta and after a brief hug she turned to Kara. “My goodness! Little Kara! Look how much you have grown! A very beautiful lady now, I see. And my future granddaughter in law! This feels my heart with joy, and Hera smiles upon us.” She swept forward and kissed Kara in each cheek, it was the traditional for women on the island to greet each other. “I want grandbabies soon, child” she whispered and smiled evilly, making Kara blush. The Amazonian Queen smiled evilly, she wanted grandbabies very much, her palace already had baby rooms constructed.

After the fellow Amazonians excitedly greeted a pregnant Diana, they welcomed her family especially one Harry Apollo, the savior of the world, the child looked on by favor by all the gods. Harry blushed at the attention, as he was passed from one warrior woman to another his cheeks smarting from the pinches and his ribs bruised from all the hugging. If it weren’t for his lantern augmented strength, he was sure he would have a broken rib by now.

Hippolyta invited them for the welcoming feast, the island celebrating the visit by her champion. Harry found the Greek white robes his grandmother forced him and Bruce to wear awkward, he was unaccustomed to wear what he dubbed girly skirts. It reached mid thigh, as was the custom for men’s fashion, but Kara found it appropriate and she begged Harry to continue wearing it. Harry could never say no to Kara, and grudgingly agreed. He found the robes to be comfortable though, as Themyscira was hot and humid, a surprising change from the cold region of Scotland. He looked at Kara’s dress and secretly admired her clothes, she was wearing a robe that was hung on one shoulder, showing her bare shoulders and lithe figure.

After a satisfying feast, with Hippolyta doting on Harry and making him eat various dishes from the table, she allowed her grandson to go to explore the city and meet its eager citizens. Diana agreed, Themyscira was one of the safest places on earth, and she wanted her son to experience her culture and the land she grew up with.

Harry walked with Kara, his unfamiliar Greek sandal strapped to his lower legs crunching on the pebbles of the city’s streets. Kara looked around eagerly, spotting the various armors and spears displayed on the stores eager to test them out. Many Amazonian citizens looked on curiously at the couple and some went to talk with them, exchanging pleasantries and inviting them to their homes. Harry looked at Kara fondly as they walked and said “This is the life.” Kara kissed him fondly at the lips, their next stop the pristine white beach.

**************

After spending their day buying trinkets and clothes, Harry spotted a crowd on one of the city’s numerous squares, where they heard cheering and applause from the female crowd. “Let’s check it out” Kara said and they walked nearer curious at the spectacle. Two warriors were fighting with swords, clashes rang out from the impact of their blades. Harry looked on curiously and noticed that they were not out for the kill, the directions of the strikes were not lethal, just a sword injury that could be healed quickly.

The warrior with a red plumed helm finally parried a swing and the other woman’s sword flew out from the jarring impact. The crowd clapped in appreciation at the show of skill and grace, while the victor looked around for another opponent. “By Hera, Harry!” the warrior shouted at the crowd and Harry looked on, confused. The warrior took of her helm and Harry grinned, recognizing the face. “Auntie Helena!” He said and strode forward and hugged the warrior, one of his mother’s close friends that visited her from time to time. She babysat Harry when he was a child and sometimes gave him sword training at the manor.

“Harry, I was not at the welcoming feast, I was on duty at the Tartarus gate at the time. Look how much you have grown! And the robes are very fitting.” Helena nodded in approval. “See, I told you Harry, it suits you, not girly at all.” Kara added and Helena gave a smile at Kara. “Good to see you, Kara Zorel. How is man’s world?” she asked and Kara shrugged and said “It’s the same, Helena, the usual disasters and emergencies, but we have our duty to protect it.”

“A noble duty it is, Kara. Now, harry, how long since we last had a spar? You were only 10 if I remembered correctly. Are your skills still sharp?” she asked, grinning at the boy she considered a nephew. Harry grinned and nodded his head, eager for a spar with his auntie and glanced at Kara. “This will be fun!” he said and Kara smiled at her boyfriend, he was hyperactive now from all the sweet desserts his grandmother fed him.
“Alana, please let Harry borrow your sword, you will see the skills of the son of Themyscira’s champion.” Helena said, and the defeated warrior moved to draw out her blade from the scabbard when Harry interrupted them.
“Don’t bother, Auntie, I have one.” Harry said and Helena and Kara looked at him, curious at where he was hiding a sword from his short Greek robes. Harry held out his hand, and summoned his sword.


Helena and Kara, along with the rest of the crowd dropped their jaws in shock as a gleaming, ornate sword appeared in Harry’s hand. The sword glittered in the sunlight, with complex runes carved around its hilt, guard and into the silver blade. Harry never really looked at the sword in proper light, and now he appreciated its majestic design under the full sun. “Nice” he said admiring the blade and made practice swipes into the air, the blade humming at it sliced through the air.

“Harry, where did you get that awesome sword?” Kara asked, eyeing the beautiful blade. Several Amazonians agreed at the comment, murmuring amongst themselves. They were a society of warriors, and prided themselves on having weapons unmatched in the world, but this beauty seemed to make their own proud blades look like practice swords.
“It’s a gift, Kara. I’ll tell you about it later. Sorry I forgot with all the excitement of coming here, I haven’t debriefed you about what happened at school.” Harry said and he turned to Helena. “Shall we auntie? I haven’t had much practice with this sword, and it will be nice to get a feel for it.”

Helena smiled and unsheathed her own blade, and held up her sword over her head in an attack position. Harry meanwhile dropped to a low guard, and relaxed his breathing, just as Helena taught him. The two opponents eyed each other, waiting for one to make the first moved. Harry was tiring from the waiting game and decided to look lure Helena by turning his head to the side to look at Kara. Helena took the bait and attacked at that moment, running towards him in full sprint. Harry moved to meet her, and the overhead swing of Helena clashed with Harry’s swing from below. Helena’s grip on her sword buckled, and her eyes widened in surprise at her opponents strong swing.

Helena knew that Harry was strong for a young boy, and she deliberately withheld her strength as she did whenever she practiced with him before. But now, his strength amazed her as she was pushed back a few feet from their first clash. She smiled, her little Harry had grown up, and is still growing to a powerful warrior; she was sure of it. She smiled and now she was going to use her full Amazonian strength to determine how strong Harry had become.

Harry rushed forward after the first clash and lunged a swipe to his opponents thighs, but Helena skillfully dodged to the side and kicked him in the leg. Harry fell down at the unconventional attack, and rolled quickly just as a blade strung where his shoulder had been. He stood up and grinned. This was so much fun!
Helena turned to attack, she too was smiling as she swiped her sword at Harry’s chest, but Harry parried the blow and struck with a swipe at her arms. She blocked the attack, and struck again, this time aimed for a shallow cut at his neck with a quick thrust. Harry leaped back, dodging the thrust, and while her guard was dropped, moved in for a slash at her chest. Helena did not have time to dodge, as she had overextended and instead used her bracer to deflect the strike from Harry. Her strong arm buckled at the force and she was pushed back again, the blade nearing her throat. She used her shoulder and knocked Harry back to regain her guard.

“You’ve improved, Harry, where did you learn such skills?” Helena asked as they both breathed heavily. The clash was less than 15 seconds, but they were both sweating at the swift and strong duel. “I practiced whenever I can, Auntie, I haven’t forgotten your lessons.” Harry said, as he wiped the sweat of his forehead. They eyed each other again, and both rushed at each other at the same time.

The dance of the blades was swift and graceful, and Helena was truly enjoying herself, proud of her apprentice’s skill. Thrust and swipes, parries and blocks were exchanged at a rapid pace as each opponent aimed to draw first blood. After a few minutes of rapid exchanges, Helena was getting tired, Harry although he still lacked skill, his strikes and slashes were powerful, the sheer kinetic power he generated from his attacks were bone jarring. Helena just deflected them to the side, unable to match Harry’s power. She was skillful and had more experienced, using her knowledge to get the upper hand during the clash, but noticed Harry was copying her movements, and improvising, adding techniques to compensate for his slightly shorter reach. He was improving, rapidly.

Kara and the Amazons watched in awe at the two, they were giving their all now, and soon one would surrender as they noticed both were tiring, rapidly. Their breaths were heavier and drops of sweat poured on the packed dry earth, but their speed never slowed, it had even increased. Kara never really paid attention whenever Harry practiced his sword forms, as her skin was invulnerable and preferred hand to hand combat, but now seeing her boyfriend move so gracefully, she wanted to learn.

Helena was breathing rapidly, and her arms were aching, she was sure she would have bruises tomorrow from Harry’s powerful attacks. She had to end this now, she didn’t want Harry to win, for she was afraid it would only make him complacent about his sword skills. He could be better and even surpass her, and she vowed to train him to be the best. The captain of the Amazonian elite guard looked at her young opponent and decided the next clash would decide the victor. She summoned all her strength and will and ran full sprint at him, her sword in the low guard position. Harry crouched down and copied her, moving his sword to a low guard. Their blades struck, and a loud clash was heard from the streets. Helena’s blade cracked, and her eyes widened in surprise. But Amazonian steel held true, and the sword did not break in two. Helena directed both their blades to the ground and used her sword as leverage as she leapt of the ground. Harry looked on surprised, he had never seen that move before. As Helena reached maximum height from her leap, she pulled her sword off the ground and sliced Harry’s cheek. Harry’s blade was still embedded in the earth, and this millisecond of delay proved crucial, as he was unable to parry the swift slice. Both fell down on the ground, panting as the growing audience cheered and whistled at the impressive display. Diana’s son had fought the captain, and almost defeated her.

“That was new” Harry said as he breathed deeply as he turned to his side to look at Helena. She too was lying on the ground, breathing heavily, her eyes closed. “I have never used all my skill and strength before Harry, you nearly defeated me.” Helena said, smiling as she opened her eyes to look at him. “You will soon surpass me, you need stronger opponents to improve your skill and move to a higher level.”

“Skill wise yes, but I haven’t used even a fraction of my total power.” Harry admitted as Kara ran towards him, helping him up. “But I couldn’t find a stronger opponent than you.” Harry said as he walked towards Helena and helped him up, while Kara held his sword in admiration. Other Amazonians crowded around her, wanting to take a closer look at the sword. “Great Hera” Helena breathed out. She knew of Harry’s Lantern powers, and if he combined that with his skill, he would be a powerful force in the world.


************


Ares, God of War looked on in approval, Diana’s son was technically his grandson and he was eager to see Harry’s future battles. He was Apollo’s chosen, true, but his sheer destructive capability was awesome to behold. Ares no longer aimed for the Amazonian’s destruction, for he had a new interest now. Harry is a fitting grandson, and he admired his stand for honor and justice, something Ares respected, aside from the skill in battle Harry possessed. He was surprised that his new favorite champion had not used even a fraction of his power. If Harry was looking for a stronger opponent, perhaps he could challenge him to a friendly duel, and see for himself the true might of his grandson.

Harry was indeed favored by the Gods, Zeus approved of Harry’s decisions regarding fairness and humility, while Hera doted on what she considered her great grandson, even giving her blessing to visit Themyscira. Apollo gloated around Olympus boasting about his champion and namesake, for he was the epitome of Justice and Light. Ares himself approved of the boy, but they needed him to become stronger, for he would be among the champions of the earth. A war was brewing and the Gods needed their champions, a war that would decide the fate of the entire planet. Death and destruction would come where the Boy walked, and Ares grinned, anticipating the battles to come, such was his business, for he was the God of War.

************


The next few days were the most relaxing for young Harry, as he and Kara lazed around the beach, eating the delicious fruits and berries the Amazonians had in their gardens. Sometimes Hippolyta, Bruce and Diana would come, watching Harry frolic among the gentle waves, happily chasing Kara as they teased and played in the surf.

Harry became more affectionate with Kara, cuddling with her in the sand whenever they were lounging around. In truth he was now experiencing new sensations in his body, whenever he watched Kara in her skimpy bikinis. His heart would tighten, and he felt a strange stirring in his loins. He already knew about reproduction and hormones, but experiencing these changes personally was confusing him.

Kara emerged from the sea and waded towards where Harry was sitting on the sand. Harry admired her curves, and he watched droplets from her body fall down tracing her contours. He swallowed again and decided to confess to his Kara about it, he trusted her above anyone and he knew she wouldn’t make fun of him if he told her what was happening to him. He gathered his courage and decided to confess to her.

“Hey honey! You must be thinking deep stuff again I saw your brooding face when I was swimming.” Kara said as she lied down beside her boyfriend. Harry didn’t look at her and just continued to stare at the sky, a bit embarrassed about what he was to say. “Kara, I need to tell you something…” Harry said, finally turning his head to see her face. It was cowardly to confess to someone without seeing their eyes, he thought.

“Yeah? C’mon, spill!” Kara said as she turned to her side, her head resting on her elbow to get a better look at Harry. This unfortunately exposed her figure and Harry eyed her up and down, making what he was about to confess harder, literally.

“I think I’m growing up Kara, physically. It’s so difficult, whenever I see your smiling face and beautiful eyes my chest tightens, and when some boys look at you I wanted to crush them with my power… and… whenever I see you now at the beach wearing that suit… I feel strange sensations in my body. I think I got aroused.” Harry said, whispering the final part.

Kara listened to him, and she smiled gently, to show she understood. Her growing boyfriend was just too sweet sometimes, to sweet for his own good even. She moved on top of him, straddling his tummy and she lowered her face to his. “That’s normal Harry, and I think it’s very sweet for you to tell me that. I’m glad you’re going through these changes, this only means our relationship will head to a new level. You’re just reacting to me and it’s really flattering. I think you’re sexy too.” She smiled and kissed him softly at the lips.


After they parted, Harry lifted a hand to caress her face and she leaned into his touch, closing her eyes at his touch. “But I also felt jealousy Kara, was that wrong? It’s like I have no trust in you to be loyal to me when I see these boys looking at you.” Kara laughed and leaned closer. She extended her legs until she was lying on top of him. She crossed her hands over his chest and placed her chin on them.

“Don’t you think I felt that too? Whenever I saw those British girls eyeing you I wanted to vaporize them. But I knew I could trust you, and you said you love me.” She smiled, staring at those beautiful green eyes. She lifted her left hand, showing the promise ring Harry gave her, and they both looked at the beautiful green gem as it gleamed in the sun. “And you know Harry, were practically engaged now, we’re just waiting for the right time to get married. So grow up Harry, because I am waiting for you. Besides, your grandma wanted Grandbabies to spoil right? We’ll give her plenty” She said and Harry nodded, and showed her one of his brightest and most charming smiles, only reserved for her. He placed his hand on the back of her head and guided her face closer to his for a kiss.


Behind the bushes, Hippolyta pumped her fist and said “Yes!” Grandbabies were coming her way, as Diana and Bruce agreed that their future child would be raised on her island during the baby’s early years. What was better than a thousand immortal nannies guarding their precious baby?


Christmas was very different this year, for Harry usually associated the Holiday with snow and the cold winds. Now he was in a tropical island, warm with cool breezes refreshing him during the night. Themyscira and her Amazon citizens did not celebrate Christmas, and instead the Wayne family had a small dinner with Kara and Hippolyta to celebrate their tradition. After a simple but peaceful dinner, Kara and Harry headed down to walk at the beach, as was their habit now since they landed at the island.


Kara was now snuggling with Harry, happy that her boyfriend was responding to her physical touches. “Hey Harry, when are we going to pick up Hermione and Daphne?” She asked as she rested her head on his firm developing shoulders. He always had that scent that she loved, and when she asked him what cologne he used, he did not provide any answers. She took a great sniff and sighed, he always smelled good, and she was puzzled for she never saw Harry use a body spray or perfume, she was determined to find his secret though.


“On the thirty first, I think. The VSTOL Lance would arrive here, Zatanna would be piloting it. The Lance is not as fast or as maneuverable as Dad’s batwing, but hey that’s only for mom.” Kara smiled at the thought, Wonder Woman, the league’s most experienced female fighter was treated as a porcelain as if she could not crush skulls with her bare hands.
“Anyway, I made a new friend, I think, her names Luna. She gets bullied a lot, but I put a stop to that. Honestly, bullying her because she’s different?” Harry grumbled and Kara stroked her boyfriend’s back. He really is too sweet for his own good.
“She’s a mystery, that one. Aside from you, she knows more about me and my past than Hermione or Daphne.” Harry said, as they stopped near the surf as the waves gently lapped at their ankles. He nudged Kara to sit down and they did, enjoying the feeling of the waves massaging their legs.


“How!? That information is level 1 classified!” She asked in concern, surprised for Harry was very good at keeping crucial information private. He never slips up, even once.


“She’s a first year, very weird, but very interesting. She knows I’m not what I appeared to be, and she knows that I was once Harry Potter.” Harry dug his toes on the soft watery sand as the surf came again, this time reaching their butts. Kara gasped in surprise, his past and birth name was one of the highest kept secrets, even she didn’t know much about the significance of his name. Whenever she asked Clark, his expression would darken, and it was actually a bit frightening.


“Honey, what’s so important about the name Harry Potter? Even I didn’t know about your past before you arrived at Wayne Manor. Nobody explained that to me clearly, and all I know is the place you stayed before you came to us was bad for you.” Kara asked, looking at his face for any emotion.

“I never really remembered much Kara, all I know is that it was cold there, very cold. And I remembered I was hungry most of the time, in a dark small place. I think my mind chose to forget those memories, it really was not a good place for me. Someday I plan to see where I lived until I was five. If we have the time Kara, can you go with me?” Harry asked and he felt his hand engulfed by Kara. “You don’t need to ask Harry.” She said as they looked out at the sea, sparkling under the moonlight.


**********


Harry was jogging around the beach with his aunties and Kara, it was their morning warm up before drills and exercised. Harry and Kara were impressed with the Amazon’s endurance, for a lap around the island was around 20 miles. They managed to keep up with the female warriors though, and that earned impressed smiles from his aunties.

A roar of jet engines echoed around the sky and the Amazonians tensed, drawing blades from their scabbards. “I thinks that’s Zatanna, but she’s supposed to come in the afternoon.” Harry said, and he turned to Helena. “Do you mind if I check that out? It might be an attack on mom and I prefer to engage a threat well outside Paradise Island. Kara can you head to the palace and inform Bruce? “


Kara grinned at the protectiveness of Harry. The boy was more dangerous than a hornet’s nest, protecting his mother. She felt sorry for those even considering an attack on the princess of Themyscira, for that would only provoke the most deadly force in the planet to respond. And after Harry was finished any threat would likely be vaporized, or sliced in two with that deadly sword of his. Kara nodded and flew off while Helena said “Ok Harry, you can check it out, but return immediately if you are unfamiliar with the threat. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

Harry nodded in acknowledgement and since it was hot, he only placed a face mask as Green Power surrounded him. He jumped to the sky and waved to his aunties before disappearing through the clouds. The Amazonians exchanged awe struck looks at what they saw. The boy looked every part a young Greek god, with his green robes and aura of power surrounding him. Helena wondered how long their practice duel would have lasted if Harry had used his power.


Zatanna held the Lance to hover near the island, she was trying to communicate with Bruce but some barrier was interfering with the signal. She knew she just couldn’t land, it would be disrespectful to Wonder woman’s mother, and she wouldn’t want to anger the queen of the Amazons.
“You’re early Zatanna. Welcome to Themyscira” Zatanna heard a voice and looked at the front of the plane and saw Harry… in very nice Greek robes floating in front of the Lance with his arms crossed. He looked very fitting among the background of ancient Greek buildings of the city, like a god protecting his city and her people.

“Nice clothes Harry, yeah I know I’m early, but when Wally described to me those beautiful pristine beaches, I had to try it! So where can I land?” she asked and Harry said “I’ll take care of you, you can shut the engines now.” Harry engulfed the Lance with his Lantern powers and he flew towards the direction of where the batwing was parked. “Thanks Harry” Zatanna said as she shut the engines of before looking at the beaches from the lance’s window. Gentle waves splashed towards a gentle sloping white sand beach, and Zatanna grew excited. Her tan would be the best among the League.

After everything was settled, the Amazonians stood down from high alert after learning that it was a female ally that had visited them. Harry continued his daily exercises and reading inside Themyscira’s library. He also lavished his mother with comfort, obeying her every whim and fancy. Unfortunately, Diana’s stock of sweet dried mango strips was gone, for Hippolyta became fond of them too, occasionally nicking a pack or two. Diana jealously guarded the remaining last packet of the sweet dried fruit, even assigning Bruce to guard it with his life. She begged Harry to buy her another set, and Harry, after he received a thick wad of dollar bills from his father, flew near the speed of light to the only known country that sold the sweet snack. The Wayne men would turn the world upside down if their Wayne Queen desired.

On the morning of the thirty first of December Harry and Kara left a happily tanning Zatanna on the beach as they made pre flight preparations. After checking everything was fine and in good condition, Kara piloted the craft off the ground. Harry punched the power throttle and the Lance disappeared after a flash of blue plasma exploded from her afterburners.


***********

Hermione and Daphne were waiting inside the airport terminal as Daphne’s mum, Astoria Greengrass chatted happily with Mrs. Granger. Emma Granger was curious as to where her daughter was going to next, and Hermione answered that Harry would be taking them to a tropical paradise. Of course Hermione was speaking literally, they really were going to Paradise Island, whose very existence was blessed by the Ancient Gods of Greece.

The two were happily comparing their respective Christmas and the gifts they received, when Hermione brought up their favorite gossip topic: Harry Wayne’s love life.
“It must be like a fairytale for Kara, to have such a wonderful boyfriend. She’s so lucky…” Daphne sighed as she played with the strap of her bag. Hermione looked wistful, she hoped she would find love as sweet as Harry’s. “Yeah, but you know Harry’s one of a kind, I just hope he’s not that unique and that there are other boys like him, certainly there are none in Hogwarts.” Hermione said and Daphne nodded in agreement.

“I wonder what Harry’s girlfriend is doing right now with him… all alone in that Island Paradise…” Daphne trailed off imagining cheesy romantic scenarios, and Hermione sighed, she was responsible for this, having gifted her best friend a collection of romance novels. Of course since then Daphne’s romance filled mind thought that the world was full of love and random people regularly burst into song.

“Hi Daphne! Hermione!” A tanned Kara said as she appeared beside the Grangers and the Greengrass women. Hermione and Daphne hugged their friend eagerly and the adults exchanged pleasantries with the ravishing 16 year old Kryptonian. After briefing the concerned parents about their plans and giving out a number for emergencies, an amused Kara and two excited females walked eagerly to the tarmac, near where the Helicopters were parked.


“Where’s Harry? I thought he would pick us up personally?” Daphne asked as Hermione was mentally composing herself as they neared the Lance VSTOL jet. ‘Oh no oh no oh no’ she thought as they got closer. It was fine with her to ride the sleek jet, but with Harry piloting it… Wally’s boasts of Harry’s piloting skill scared her.
“Well, he was so excited to meet you, that he forgot to change” Kara said as she snickered. “He refused to go out of the plane as it’s not really for this cold weather.” The ramp opened for them as they neared the craft and the three boarded with Kara helping them secure their luggage.

“Harry! Come here and greet us!” Daphne said as she spotted the black hair sitting at the front of the plane. “Uhh no thanks! I’m fine right here!” Harry yelled back and Kara snickered even more. “Honey! C’mon over here! For me?” Kara asked him and she grinned wider as her boyfriend stood up from the pilot’s seat.

“Oh my…” Hermione said as she saw Harry, forgetting about the dreaded flight. “Wow very sexy” Daphne said as she eyed Harry’s tanned long muscular legs.

“They are not at all sexy! And stop looking at my legs why don’t you?” Harry said as he walked between seats to reach them. Harry was still wearing his Greek robe and sandals, the short robe showing off his powerful thighs and legs, while his sculpted chest and arms flexed as he moved. Kara was one very lucky girl, even at this age Hermione could see the man Harry was turning into… and it was a very hot man.

As they exchanged hugs, which left both girls red and flustered, it was not every day that you best friend shows up looking like a young Greek god. Hermione was shook out of reverie when the Lance started rolling of the parking zone. “All right, everybody strapped down?” Harry asked as he pushed various buttons and took hold of the thruster control. “Yep” Kara said as she looked back at the two passengers, she grinned at spotting Hermione’s bone crushing grip on the arms seat. Harry looked at Hermione and said “I heard how happy you were with Wally’s take off. This one’s for you Hermy.”

Hermione’s face whitened as she realized what Harry was planning. Before she could protest the Lance suddenly lifted off as its engines screamed into flight mode. Hermione’s eyes widened in fear as she felt the lance’s nose tilt up facing the sky. “Oh crap” She muttered before Harry gunned the thrusters to maximum and felt her body pushed back to her seat. It felt like the seat was swallowing her, and her gut was left at the ground and that prompted her to scream “HARRRRRREEEEEEE”

**********

Mr. and Mrs. Granger invited Astoria for a spot of tea at a quaint Tea shop that was near the airport. Emma and Astoria were chatting happily while Dan Granger looked around, bored of the Women talk. Suddenly he caught sight of a rocket pushing of from what appears to be the airport tarmac. “Em, when did the British government start launching satellites in Heathrow airport?” Dan asked, interrupting the women’s conversation. Emma looked at the rapidly disappearing rocket and grinned. “That’s not a rocket Dan, that’s our Daughters ride.” She turned back to Astoria resuming their conversation.
“Poor dear” Dan said before he grabbed a newspaper from the table and looked for the sports page.

Sign up to rate and review this story