Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 10z : Son of Batman

by bluminous 14 reviews

meet georgina

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-04-04 - Updated: 2009-04-04 - 8405 words

5Ambiance
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc Comics.


Chapter 10: Son of Batman.


A figure moved along the shadows of Hogwarts, spending night after night patrolling the corridors and collecting clues and gathering data. There had been two more attacks, and he noticed that the victims were from normal backgrounds, or muggleborns in this country. Movement in the shadow caught his eye, and he jumped up to the ceiling to hide himself, his arms and legs were pressed to the sides to prevent his fall.

Something huge moved below him, and it was long, like a silent train. His sharp eyes looked and saw the oily scaly hide reflecting the moonlight, ‘A snake’ he thought, a huge, huge snake that could swallow the half giant groundskeeper whole. The snake slithered along, not noticing the shadow that was observing it. Harry heard a frightful voice that said “Kill…. hunt… kill… if it were not for master… ill consume the nice white ferret…” The huge snake moved quickly for its size, until it vanished in the gloom. Harry waited for a few more minutes before he dropped to the floor silently, like a cat. He spotted the rapidly drying trail the snake left and followed it, determined to learn where it came from.

Hermione, Daphne and Harry scoured the books in the library, studying the structure of Hogwarts castle and found it to be more than adequate... it was impressive. The founders designed it to be impenetrable, the ultimate fortress. Aside from its powerful unbreakable wards, it had impressive walls enhanced with magic that could deflect force based attacks from boulders and siege weapons of the time. Turrets lined the high walls, and the long corridors were designed to separate defensive layers, and there were seven in all, with the final layer being the Headmaster’s tower and office. An invading army would break at the walls and its soldiers diminished before reaching the key central tower.

Hermione concluded that the monster attacking was indeed a creature made by Salazar Slytherin and it would be a thousand years old. They had learned from the old newspapers that the chamber was opened years ago, 50years to be exact, but the expelled student’s name was withheld, requested by the transfiguration master and head of Gryffindor House, Albus Dumbledore. They obviously can’t ask him, and they tried other avenues, such as asking their professors, but the staff remained tight lipped. Only Professor Binns gave information, about the conflict of Godric and Salazar, and the subsequent withdrawal of Salazar from Hogwarts. Before Slytherin left though, legend speaks of a chamber of secrets that he built, that contained a monster that would someday purge the student population of mudbloods and halfbloods.

They only had one option, Hagrid as he was very easy to manipulate into spilling classified information. After hearing some tale about dead roosters, the Half Giant became guarded and defensive when they brought up the incident 50 years ago and kept his answers to “yes” or” no”, it was obvious he wasn’t telling.

Harry finally found the damp trail, by a few more minutes it would have dried out. It ended in the Girl’s bathroom on the second floor, and thinking that he had investigated enough, slipped into the darkness. He didn’t want to confront something unknown, trapped if the Huge snake suddenly decided to come back to its hidden lair. He never went to situations without a plan as his father drilled into him, as it would only cause harm and disaster. He moved through the halls silently, encountering Filch, and various heads of Houses such as Snape and McGonagall. But they never detected him, and it was a testament to his skill to avoid the cat animagus’ sharp ears. He observed McGonagall heading to where he knew the snake was, and decided to intervene. From the ceiling he broke a piece of loose plaster and threw it in the other direction, causing McGonagall to hear it and swiftly run to the opposite direction. His good deed done, he headed back to the Ravenclaw common room.

Daphne and Hermione were waiting for him, and although both knew their friend was powerful and well trained, they still feared for his well being. The door to the common room opened, and a shadow walked inside until he removed his face mask and black goggles. Harry’s sweaty face appeared, grinning at his friends. “Eventful Night” he said before looking around to make sure they were alone, as was his habit.

Hermione stood up and led the tired boy into the couch, with food they had saved earlier and a pitcher of water waiting for him. “Thanks” he said, smiling as he filled a glass of water and drank it empty. “Spill” Hermione said and Harry began his report, investigating the various common room entrances. “Oh yeah and I met a 70 foot snake, as thick as I am tall.” He said and waited for their reactions.

“What!??” Hermione shrieked while Daphne’s eyes widened and said “Foolish boy! What if you got caught? Even you could not fight that and live!” It was not completely true, for both Hermione and Harry knew he had some level of defense and offensive capabilities. Whatever the situation, Apollo could always fight back.

“It didn’t see or even hear me, I was way above its path, there was no chance it would look up in a narrow corridor. It was big, very big with black or gray skin, I couldn’t tell from the gloom. It is sometimes irritating that muggle gadgets don’t work here, I always have to do it the old fashioned way. i could have used night vision goggles or recorded its image.”

Hermione breathed deeply, she should get used to this she thought. That foolish boy… doesn’t he know how much he means to a lot of people? To her? After a few moments to compose herself she continued and asked. “So Daphne any theories? No magical snake grows to that big and lives for a thousand years”

Daphne shook her head and said “Yeah, it could not be summoned or created that would magically drain a person dead, even Dumbledore. 70 feet you said Harry? That’s a very big snake, it is like a mythical creature… unless… Hermy!... Basilisk!” she hissed.

Hermione’s eyes widened and said “Of course! You’re a genius Daph! It fits perfectly! The petrification and the legend of Slytherin’s monster, but what doesn’t explain it is why the victims have not died yet? The stare of a basilisk could instantly kill.”


Harry nodded, and added helpfully “They are hatched from a chicken’s egg under a toad in a full moon, its gaze can kill, but parseltongues are immune, and the cry of a rooster is fatal to them... Hagrid!” his eyes widened when he realized the conversation with the groundskeeper. Someone had been killing his roosters so that the Basilisk would be unstoppable! “Just don’t wander the areas near the library Hermione, Daph, I saw it there, and its entrance was the second floor girl’s lavatory. It headed for the northern parts of the Castle” Harry warned them, and Daphne and Hermione agreed. They would keep Library visits to minimum, unless it was absolutely necessary. They had the House Library anyway, and only used the main Library for privacy.

***********


It was just after dinner, and the possessed Malfoy heir walked around, looking for a victim he could order his pet to attack later. The boy’s will was very weak, and Lord Voldemort enjoyed controlling him for long hours and being back at his Slytherin Common room, eager to learn about his future self’s exploits. He had accidentally petrified the bodyguards of his host, when they tried to follow him when he was meeting with his pet. Luckily for Crabbe and Goyle, their postures were bad and always looked down like gorillas, and spotted from the reflection of the flooded floor the large yellow eyes of the Basilisk. They were frozen immediately, and Voldemort was tempted to feed them to Georgina, Salazar Slytherin’s Familiar. It was a “he” that wanted to be a “she”. He remembered meeting it fifty years ago.


Flashback:


“Call mess George againss and Isss would bitesss off your asssssss!” It hissed, giving a basilisk glare to the immune parseltongue speaker. “But aren’t you a male basilisk?” Tom asked respectfully, he was a budding 16 year old Dark Lord, and could not yet threaten this powerful creature. “Yes, I wasss born one.. soooo? Do yousss have any problemsss with itss?” it said, turning its head sideways to indicate its displeasure. Tom was a smart boy and tried to appease “Georgina.” He straightened his back and said “Sorry, girl, you are very beautiful” “Really?” the snake perked up, literally, rising 30 feet into the air.
“Yes, in fact I heard a girl that had ugly glasses calling you ugly.” Tom said, smiling evilly.
Georgina narrowed its eyes and asked “Where issss the bitch?”
“Follow me, I’ll show you...”



End of Flashback


Unfortunately, Tom designed the magic of the diary to posses its user and absorb its magic and life force, but it had one flaw, for the diary’s enchantments were so complex that it would rely on the intelligence of its user. Poor Tom, once an intelligent boy and prefect, admired by his peers, he now had intelligence and maturity of a ferret. He didn’t even realize his spelling was wrong when he left his message on the wall.


Lord Voldemort looked at his potential victims through his host’s eyes when he spotted an odd girl wearing her wand to secure her styled hair and talking to a painting. The girl noticed she was being observed and looked at him curiously. “Hi Tom!” the girl chirped, causing Lord Voldemort to have a panic moment, looking around for signs of Dumbledore. He sighed in relief and looked for the odd girl, finally spotting her as she skipped across the hallways to her class.


********


It was on mid November when the trio of detectives finally had a break. Harry’s persistent stalking had paid off when he saw the Malfoy heir talking to himself. He listened in from the shadows as the boy walked towards the second floor girl’s bathroom. “Stupid snake, always asking for compliments. Are my scales shiny enough? As an heir you should redecorate the place. Redecorate my ass! It is nice enough! Creepy and cold is the style these days!”


He disappeared inside and Harry finally found his query. He threw a batarang at the bottom of the door as it swung shut, stopping before it locked. Harry jumped down his perch, and peaked through the gap. Malfoy was standing there, and approached a sink and he hissed “Open!” the sink moved slowly, sinking to the floor, and the others sink stalls followed it, until they revealed a huge gaping hole in the middle of the lavatory. Harry needed to learn more, and slipped inside quietly and saw the sink move back to their previous positions. He hid in the farthest cubicle, and crouched down to wait. A few minutes later the sinks started to move again, and out came an irritated Draco climbing up some stairs. It looked like his head was spinning in a toilet bowl being flushed.


‘So there are some stairs’ Harry thought and listened quietly breathing a steady pace, He could not afford be detected this early in his investigation. He peaked through the slight gap in the slightly open door and saw the Malfoy impatiently standing and tapping his foot. Finally the boy gave up and hissed. “Cmon! We need to find more victims! I’ll clean your passage later!”


An even deeper hiss was heard from the tunnel “But the wallssss are grimy, it would ruin my newly shed scalessss” the possessed Malfoy rolled his eyes and flicked the wand, cleaning the grimy tunnel. The Basilisk happily came out and followed his (I mean her) impatient master. “Honestly, you are so vain…” Harry heard Malfoy hiss as he walked away. He had learned enough and it was time to take action.


***********


“From my observations of the dilation of the pupil, the Verisaterum-like dazed look, and lastly the sudden change of his voice, I think he might be possessed, an enchantment or under a spell. But I think it is most likely to be possession, I am confident I could slip to the chamber and kill the serpent while he is away, take out his weapon before he even realizes it. Then we could pounce on him with the professors in tow, accusing him as the heir.” Harry said, walking back and forth. He looked back to Hermione and Daphne for suggestions.


“But Harry, It’s too dangerous! A Basilisk’s stare could kill you!” Hermione pleaded with him but he was bent on stopping the attacks, 2 more students have been petrified, during a quidditch match when most of the population and staff were on the pitch. “Daph, help me out here, knock out some sense into him!” Hermione said looking at her best friend for support and Daphne agreed and said “She’s right Harry and you know it! A snake that big has got to have a hide as magic resistant as a dragon, or stronger even! Even you can’t kill it!”


Harry remained impassive as he looked at the fire, and then finally answered them. “Look, you all know I can take care of myself right?” Hermione and Daphne nodded but kept giving Harry the evil bitchy eye. Harry sighed and finally relented and said. “Fine, I’ll tell professor Flitwick that I suspect who the heir is, ok? I want to capture Draco first without his Basilisk guarding him.”


Hermione smiled a bit, relieved that Harry altered his plan to kill the beast while Malfoy was away. Why was Harry so unconcerned with the Basilisk’s terrifying stare? Isn’t he getting to confident since he had Lantern powers? She hoped Harry could make it work, if he got hurt she’d be afraid to face an angry Kryptonian girlfriend tearing Hogwarts stone by stone. She would be more assured if the staff handled this problem.


The Ravenclaw room opened and a worried looking Flitwick came in and cast a charm so that his voice could be heard all around Ravenclaw tower. “All Students and prefects! Please assemble at the common room! An important announcement is to be made!” Students began to head down to the common room upon the summons of the head of house. It was very rare that this full house meeting occurred, usually Flitwick meets students individually in his office or in small groups. His slightly worried voice made some students worry, their head was always cheerful and merry, perpetually on a sugar high.


Flitwick stood on the Ravenclaw desk, and announced gravely “Hogwarts is closing! All classes are suspended! One of your housemates, one Luna Lovegood had been taken by the monster deep into the Slytherin’s Chamber of Secrets, all students are hereby confined to the tower. Meals will be sent here, that is all. All prefects! Guard the entrance! Make sure no one leaves under any situation? Am I clear?” Several older students with a gold pin with the letter P on their chests nodded, and took up positions on the Ravenclaw common room entrance. Questions and speculations flew around, about what the monster is and hoped Luna Lovegood was safe, she was a Ravenclaw after all.


Harry gave a look to Hermione and Daphne to follow him and the three climbed up to his dormitory, while everyone was still speculating or gossiping. “Lock the door Daphne” Harry said as he began to take of his robes. Daphne nodded and looked at him laying out his black overalls that Hermione dubbed “The thief” from the first time she saw him wearing it. “I’m going out to rescue Luna, stay here and wait for my return, ok?” Hermione nodded while Daphne asked. “How? The exit is guarded by all of the prefects? You can’t just fly through the window!” she said and Harry turned towards her as he straightened up, now wearing his all black suit. He wore the tight black mask and the black goggles, until finally he wore black loves.


“Actually, I have another way. Ask questions later, ok Daph?” He said, and Daphne nodded. Not bothering to change to his Apollo costume as he would only need his power to escape the tower, his body was enveloped in green light, an aura of green power surrounding him. Harry patted Daphne on her shoulder, who was shocked into silence at the sight. “You’ll get it soon Daph, you’re a smart girl.” He joked, but his face was not really seen as there was no opening for his mouth or nose. Daphne’s shocked face turned to somewhat normal and she faced Harry who was moving to the open window. “I have a theory, I’ll ask you later so get back here safe ok Harry?”


Harry nodded and said “ Goodbye, see you two in a few hours. Trust me Hermy, I can handle it.” He patted Hermione’s shoulder before running off the room and jumping through the narrow window. He deliberately didn’t tell them he was a Parseltongue, he knew keeping it a secret is crucial to hiding his past history as the boy who lived. He didn’t want to take that chance, and unlike his affiliation with the Justice League where he was excited to tell his friends, he never wanted them to learn he had been Harry Potter in a past life.


He needed not to be seen, so he let himself fall and until he was a few meters from the ground, his body was enveloped in green aura and hovered for a moment and then he headed towards the bathroom. Upon reaching a window, he dropped off his power, and looked around. He estimated that the victim, Luna had been taken away for an hour now. With his black suit helping him fade faster in the shadows, he moved quietly until he reached the second year bathroom. “Open” he hissed, remembering the exact sink Malfoy stood up in earlier. The sinks lowered down, and the entrance revealed. He peered at the dark tunnel and without hesitation jumped inside.


**********


An Hour earlier:
The possessed Malfoy fumed, he determined that this host was too weak to bring him back completely, and decided on a second target could revive him nicely back to his full powers. His trusted Lieutenant Lucius Malfoy, whom he learned was his right hand in the future from listening in the conversations in the Slytherin common room would be disappointed if he learned that his son was dead. He followed after the weird girl and spotted her talking to a suit of armor. He walked behind the girl and raised his wand. “Hi Tom! Are you feeding me to your pet?” the girls asked brightly, and Lord Voldemort hesitated to attack. What is with this crazy girl?


“No… I just want to show you something!” He said evilly. “And do not call me Tom! My name is Draco! Now, tell me, what is your name?”
The girl looked confused and said “Luna Lovegood, but you are not Draco, he is sleeping, and you Tom are awake.”


“I am Draco” he said in frustration, he did not want to get caught, not with Dumbledore around.

“Tom.”

“Draco!!!”

“Tom… and Jerry?”

“D – R –A –K – O! Draco! Draco!”

“Can I call you Dracom instead? It’s a nice combination for the two names, or if you prefer Toraco, but it sounds like Mexican food.” Luna said happily.


“Enough of this useless banter!” Lord Voldemort said and sent a spell to stun her. Luna’s eyes widened and said “Crap” and fell down in a heap. Evil Wizards don’t have a sense of humor.


Lord Voldemort breathed a few times to regain composure and he flicked his wand and the Girl floated beside him. he went past the stairs of the great hall and took out a pail of chicken blood he had stored in a hidden passageway. Using his wand like a brush, he directed paint with his magic and left his message on the wall, and heeded the advice of a sleeping Luna when she muttered in her sleep “Don’t forget to write my name, and Skeleton is not Scaly ton.” He headed towards the chamber of secrets with his victim. Soon, Lord Voldemort would be reborn!


Minerva McGonagall had just finished talking to her quidditch team, she had observed their practice and their seeker lack the sheer brilliance Charlie Weasley had. Her thoughts on Quidditch tactics, she suddenly stopped at message painted and wondered if this was a Weasley Prank.


LUNA LUVGUD HAS BEEN TAKEN TO THE CHAMBER OF SIKRETS!

HER (SCALY TON) SKEHLETON WOULD LIE IN THE CHAMBER FOREVAH!



Still in spite of the terrible spelling, she headed to the Headmaster’s office to tell him. Albus reaction was shock, and decided that the school will have close, he didn’t want another dead student, and he was already pressured by the Board members to stop the attacks on the students. He knew who the culprit was, but he didn’t know how. Hundreds of possibilities crossed his mind, and he was sure in time he would solve the mystery. But time was what he didn’t have, sooner or later a student would be killed and this was what was happening. He walked to Filius’s office, where they expected a worried Xenophilius Lovegood to arrive. He wondered if Neville Longbottom can make a miracle again, like he did last year. Sadly, the boy was under the covers of his bed, snoring loudly in concert with Weasley’s.


**********


Present time:


Harry moved quietly, even among the dry bones that littered the bottom of the tunnel; did not reveal his location. This was how he was taught and trained, to be a shadow and to always observe his environment. He was not Nighthawk, or another robin like Tim, he was the son of Batman, and training and experience came with the title. Harry lived up to the name, and like his Father, refused to let it go to his head. He encountered another set of doors after a minute’s walk from the dark cave. His senses extended, towards the gloom, as huge stalactites and stalagmites dominated the enormous cavern.


He heard a sound, and moved towards the direction, and saw a n ornate silver door with serpent carvings dominating its face. It was closing slowly, and Harry decided that time was an issue, so he broke cover and swiftly slipped through the closing gap.


The chamber of secrets was massive, it was twice as large as the great hall, and giant serpent heads of various snakes lined its walls. The huge bearded face of Salazar Slytherin dominated the face of the wall at the end, a huge hole where its mouth was. Water dripped from the ceiling, and Harry guessed that they were probably under the black lake. Harry saw Malfoy walking with a black diary in his hand, and held his wand on his right, keeping the spell on a floating Luna in front of him.


He moved swiftly past the statues, and looked around for the entrance of the Basilisk’s lair. Malfoy laughed interrupted his observations as the boy gloated to no one “Soon I will drain your life force, little girl, and I will be restored! Avaresto Sisyosal!” A dark purple light erupted from his wand, and Luna screamed, her back lifting in pain, as her soul was slowly being consumed for a dark ritual. Malfoy suddenly collapsed, and the diary fell from his hand to the floor. The small black diary opened at the very middle, and a ghost of a 16 year old teenager stepped out of it. It was still transparent, like a ghost, but ever so slowly the boy began to become clearer, and Harry saw his evil twisted face smiling in satisfaction.


Harry’s eyes widened in shock, and saw Luna’s face becoming paler, she was slowly dying. Harry’s eyes flashed green with righteous anger, this has to stop. He decided it was time to move, and slipped quietly so that he was behind the gloating ghost.


“This is unacceptable, shade.” Harry said, and Tom Riddle turned around, surprised, surprise and shock shown on his twisted face. Harry was an imposing site, covered in a tight black suit, that covered every part of his body, even his eyes.


“Who are you?! How did you get here?” Tom spoke, unsure at this… being in front of him. Harry decided to confuse him, as he did last year and replied. “I am Hogwart’s protector, guardian of her students. I come when the need is great, and I have deemed it so.”


Tom sneered and said “Foolish being! I am an heir to Founders, for I am Slytherin’s Heir. I have not heard about you or read it in any book. Nevertheless, you are bound to obey an Heir.”


“I think not, Who are you?” Harry said and Tom riddle gloated, he could hold things physically now and summoned Malfoy’s wand to his hand. He waved the wand in the air and wrote in fiery letters


TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE


Tom looked at the name and turned back to the dark being. “I am the past, the present, and the future of the greatest Dark Lord to have ever lived.” He grinned and waved his wand. Harry watched as the Floating, flaming name rearranged it self to:


I OM LARD VELDOMORT



Harry coughed a laugh, he had already figured out that this was Lord Voldemort from the misspelled letters and said “Lard Veldomort?”


Tom looked back and scowled, embarrassed. He waved his hand and the letters arranged themselves properly to


I AM LORD VOLDEMORT


“See, I am the greatest dark lord in history! Serve me!” he said, expecting the being to cow before his revealed identity. Harry was not impressed, and quickly threw a batarang on his head, but it slipped through. “That was foolish, guardian of Hogwarts. Is this what Dumbledore sent to save his school? Let me show you the real power of Lord Voldemort” he turned to the statue and hissed “Come out Georgina! I have a meal for you!”


Two yellow eyes gleamed through the hole on the mouth of Salazar Slytherin’s head, and a massive body, the size of a small car peaked out. It looked at Tom Riddle and said “Finally! Master you have appeared! You look so handsome! Can I eat your ferret host now?” it hissed eagerly, flicking it’s massive forked tongue.


Harry was impassive, and stared at the Basilisk’s massive body. It certainly looked big, far bigger than when he observed it from above. Its coat was black as charcoal, and half meter fangs poked from its massive mouth.


“Yes, Later, now we have an enemy! Turn him to stone!” Tom hissed indicating the dark figure behind him. The Basilisk stared at the figure, and when Harry just stood there and waved at it. “Master? He is not turning into stone!” Georgina hissed uncertainly, and Tom narrowed his eyes and said “What are you? You should be dead!”


“I am the guardian of Hogwarts and I protect her students. You are a threat and I shall finish you.” Harry said coldly, time for talk was over, and Luna’s life was slipping by the minute. He could not let her die. Hogwarts needed him now, and he stepped up to the challenge.


A phoenix cry was heard before Harry could power up, and he saw Fawkes carrying the sorting hat on its talons. Fawkes landed on his shoulder, feeling the need for his original master’s heir confronting the heir of his rival. Harry took the hat and it suddenly came alive and looked around. When the hat saw Luna, it cried out.


“Oh my, Luna Lovegood! Who did this?” it moved around and upon spotting Tom Riddle, it sneered. “Tom riddle, the most arrogant boy I have ever met! You’re still here? That Slytherin heir title all going to your inflated ego!”


Tom sneered at the sorting hat and said “I will burn you after this, dirty rag. Kill him!” He ordered and the Basilisk moved towards Harry, its mouth opening slightly revealing massive fangs with venom dripping down from them. “Quickly, pull out your ancestor’s sword from me boy!” the Hat said, and Harry obeyed, lunging his arm up his elbow inside the hat. He felt a hilt of a sword, and withdrew a beautiful silver sword, with a wide blade and its hilt was encrusted in diamonds. Its balance was perfect, and fit for one hand combat. Tom’s eyes widened as he recognized the name encrusted on the blade, and he mouthed “The heir of Gryffindor” He looked at the being with new respect, he was an heir also, his equal.


The basilisk was within striking range and lunged at its target. Harry dropped the hat and rolled away as he saw the massive head miss him. Suddenly, a tail was coming and he activated his Lantern powers, and he was suddenly covered with the protective green aura. The tail hit him, and he flew off, but stabilized himself in the air. Oa’s power within him reacted with the innate power of Gryffindor’s sword and the blade and hilt suddenly burst green flame, with the large diamonds in the hilt glowing bright green. Harry looked at the sword, and felt his magic and the Lantern powers fusing on the sword. He grinned at Tom and said, “Time to kill your pet, Voldemort”


Tom looked on in shock, not quite believing... this being of power before him. He was scared and stepped back, perhaps a career as a Dark Lord was not wise if heroes of immense power like this rise to confront him. The Basilisk lunged for a second time and Harry swung the sword down, and a concentrated blade made of his magic and Oa’s power burst out from his swing. The crescent shape flew fast, hitting the snake dead on, and it traveled all the way to its massive body and tail. The Basilisk flicked its tongue a few times then fell into two pieces, dead. Its insides pooling out, and a river of blood spread on the floor.


Tom stepped back at the sight of the powerful Basilisk dealt with so easily and whispered. “Are... are you a God?” Harry did not answer, he knew that he could not hit Tom, but remembered the Diary which he came out off. Recognizing that this was the source of this evil magic, he swooped down over the diary beside Luna and grasped Gryffindorr’s hilt with his two hands. Oa’s essence recognized that he was about to destroy an evil tool, and Harry said aloud, looking at Tom “Let those who worship evil’s might, beware my power, Green Lantern’s Light!”


The sword in his hands with flaming green fire on its blade shined brightly, blinding to the eye. He plunged the tip of the sword deep into the Diary, burning the artifact in green flames. Tom started to disintegrate, white light bursting forth from his body screaming. He looked at Gryffindor’s Heir with fearful eyes and whispered “Green Lantern….” before bursting into a thousand bright particles.


Luna’s color returned quickly, and she stirred. Harry looked at Fawkes who was looking at him with amazement. Get the sorting hat back Fawkes. ”I read about you, Dumbledore’s familiar right? A Phoenix?” Harry said and Fawkes bobbed his head and sang a joyous song, eager to finally meet his original master’s heir. “Take Draco Malfoy to the infirmary if you can? I’ll take care of Luna. I think I’ll keep this sword though.” Fawkes nodded in agreement, and flew up and landed on Malfoy’s body. He grasped his robes and both disappeared in a flash of fire.”


Luna’s eyes finally opened and looked at Harry, not at all surprised. “It’s done?” she asked and Harry nodded. Luna grinned when suddenly she felt the sorting Hat jumping on her lap. “Put me on! Put me on!” it said eagerly. Luna looked confused and placed the Hat on her head and the Hat sighed. “Ohhh yesss hit me baby...” It moaned like it was high, and Harry tried not to laugh. It was using Luna to get high!


“You know about me Luna, how?” Harry asked, removing his mask now that they were alone. Luna smiled serenly and said “That’s better, I prefer talking to a handsome face. Don’t worry Harry, you won’t understand, and I will keep your secrets. No one will believe me anyway, they started to call me loony now, you know.” her face pained a little, but it was quickly gone, hidden by her mask of indifference.


Harry spotted it, and kneeled before her. “I don’t think your Loony, Luna. I just think you’re weird, like me.” He said, grinning at her. Luna smiled at this and said “Thank you.”


Harry looked at her, thinking and said “I’m going to be your friend from now on Luna, and if you want Daphne and Hermione too. They liked talking to you. I owe you for keeping my most closely guarded secrets and I won’t ask how you knew them, just know that I’ll be by your side if you need help or if you just want to hang out.”


Luna smiled shyly and nodded at him and then looked around. “Can we go, I think my Father is worried about me.” Harry nodded and asked her his concern. ”What will you tell them? You know they can’t learn that I have played a role in this” Luna shrugged and said “I’ll make something up, don’t worry Harry.” She reached out her hand and Harry took hold of her. Green light enveloped them both and flew towards the exit, the sword and the hat clutched in their hands.


They reached the bathroom quickly, and before Harry could disappear, the hat said “Wait, young Wayne, I need to tell you something about the sword.” Harry turned around and looked at him curiously. “Yes, Mr. Hat?”


The Hat chuckle and said “Just Hat, Mr. Wayne, the sword you are holding was forged by the earliest creatures of power, the First. They had given that to Godric Gryffindor, to safe guard his domain and protect his land from invaders. That is quite special.” Harry looked at the sword, gleaming like it was forged yesterday. In proper light, he could see the detail for craftsmanship was quite exquisite, with runes woven around the blade, guard and hilt. His mom and grandma would love to see it. “It can only be wielded by a descendant of Gryffindor, and can be willed to disappear and reappear. Try it young heir.” The Hat said lazily, enjoying the rush from being in Luna’s head. It would create a new house, it decided, the house of Luna, if the Headmaster would allow it.


Harry grasped the hilt tightly and closed his eyes, willing the sword to hide itself. The sword vanished with a slight breeze and Harry’s eyes widened in surprise. Excited, he willed it to reappear, and suddenly it was in his hands. “That’s” neat he admitted. It was the ultimate hidden weapon, appearing by command with a thought. He made it disappear again and turned to the hat. “Thanks hat, and I’ll see you later, ok Luna?” Luna nodded, and waved good bye to Harry.


*********


Xenophilius Lovegood stared at the wall of Flitwick’s office with blank eyes. He had already lost his wife Selene, and if his Luna died, he had nothing left to live for. Dumbledore had already spoken to him, giving his condolences along with Minerva and Filius. He asked to be left alone to give him some time to think. The door opened, but he didn’t bother turning around, assuming it was one of the professors coming in to check on him.


“What are you looking at Daddy?” Luna asked.

“Well, pumpkin, I was just thinking that my life will be meaningless with you gone”

“Really? How about proving the conspiracy that we are all used as power sources by muggle machines in the future?”

“It’s no fun if you’re not there Luna, you always provide such interesting facts, like the crumple horned Snorkack’s preference for loud snorers. You were… the One.” He said in an eery deep voice.

“Oh, ok, I’ll miss you to Daddy.”

“Me too pumpkin, me too.”

The Lovegoods continued chatting for a minute when Dumbledore, Minerva and Filius entered the office. Albus began “Again Xenophilius, my deepest sorrow for the loss of your daughter. We have tried everything, but we have not been able to recover her body. Ah yes, in times of need, our family is our strongest salve for the pain.” He smiled at the sight of a daughter comforting his father. He did not hear two twin drops of bodies falling on the ground.

“Wow, I’m dead Daddy! Did you hear that?”

“Yes Pumpkin I heard...” he began to cry, and Luna moved to hug his father. “Don’t worry Daddy, I’ll haunt you if I ever die.” She whispered and Xeno sat up and looked at her and shouted “PUMPKIN!” He grabbed her tightly, sobbing on her small shoulders.


“Merlin’s shorter beard! Alas! How is this possible??” Albus looked totally shocked, now realizing the girl inside Filius’ office was the missing girl. She had been there for a minute, why did he not recognize her? he looked back to his fellow staff and saw Minerva and Filius lying on the floor, apparently fainting from the sight of the previously thought dead girl.


Ten minutes later, a revived Tranfiguration and Charms professor sat beside Xenophilius, eagerly waiting for Luna’s miraculous resurrection. Albus cleared his throat and smiled “Well this is indeed good news! Luna, if you would begin your story?”


Luna looked at the headmaster for a moment, and then said “Well, I was talking to this suit of Armor…”


“Suits of Armor don’t talk!” Minerva interrupted, and Luna said “You’re rude you know? didn’t they teach you any manners?” Minerva’s eyes narrowed a vein appeared at her head, but she remained silent.


“As I was saying, I was… squeaking with a suit of armor when I felt a spell hit me and I fell asleep. Then I woke up and the Crumple Horned Snorcack found me and brought me to the surface. I saw my dad, and then you arrived, with Professors McGonagall and Flitiwick passed out. Then you revived them, and asked for my story and I said that I was talking to the suit of armor when Professor McGonagall rudely interrupted me. After that I continued by telling you that I got knocked out by a spell….” Luna was interrupted by Minerva who said “We Get it!”


Luna looked at her with her usual tilted face and said “You are quite the rude pussy.” Minerva turned red while Flitwick coughed and fell to the floor. Albus was stroking his beard, it was obvious the girl didn’t remember anything, and might have stumbled into the exit. She then made up some mythical creature to make the story more interesting… for her. But what about the heir of Slytherin? How did Voldemort get inside the Castle or influence someone to do his bidding?


“Oh and Fawkes and the hat suddenly appeared and showed me the exit, along with the Crumple Horned Snorcack” she added, pointing to the hat she was wearing, it was still swaying and giggled quietly every now and then. Albus nodded, his familiar might have saved the girl at the bequest of the hat, it was unusually fond of Luna.


His ponderings were interrupted when Poppy’s voice was heard from the inter school Floo. “Albus! The Malfoy boy suddenly appeared here, Fawkes brought him! I detected signs of Dark magic! He has been possessed!” Albus straightened up, this was the key, he decided and gave a curt nod to his deputy to take care of things from here and he rushed out of the room.


***********


Hermione’s nails were almost bare as she kept chewing on her fingernails, while Daphne made a mark on the thick carpet as she walked back and forth. Daphne took the news well that Harry was a superhero, and though she was surprised, she was not a muggle and did not follow the Justice League like sports heroes. She just thought Harry’s new power was cool and convenient.


Daphne confessed to Hermione that she noticed her strange acceptance of Harry disappearing during weekends, and thought Harry might have told whatever secret he had to Hermione. She felt hurt at first that Harry would trust Hermione, but Hermione explained that she figured it out on her own. She told Daphne that after her, he expected Daphne to figure it out next. His girls were certainly smart.


They were lucky that the second year boy’s dorm was empty, as Terry Boot was sick and confined to the infirmary, and Michael Corner was sadly petrified in the second attack. Surprisingly, there were only three boys in second year Ravenclaw, and but there were nine girls in their level. It was an unusual imbalance in the demographics of their year. The window suddenly opened and they saw Harry stepping off from the ledge.


“You’re ok!” Hermione said sounding relieved and hugged him instantly, and Daphne followed her a second behind. Harry hugged them both, relieved and exhausted that the crisis was over. He started stripping off his tight and hot infiltration clothes. “I’m fine, not even a scratch Hermione, and the Basilisk is now dead, Luna’s back talking with the professors.” Harry said as he pulled a small towel and wiped his sweaty face.


He looked back to Daphne and Hermione eagerly waiting his report and he grinned, and deliberately slowed his movements. He drank a glass of water on the desk and he could see the girls squirming on their seats on the bed. He then walked to the bathroom and said “Later” before closing the door. “Harry!” Hermione and Daphne shouted in frustration, impatience showing in their faces.


*******

Dumbledore was confused at what he learned from the young Malfoy heir. The boy said that he did not remember much of the last three months, occasionally finding himself inside the classroom or in the hallway without knowing how he got there. His magical core was very weak, as if he was casting advanced magic too powerful for his undeveloped core. Talking to the boy was frustrating, as he remained tight lipped on how he came to that condition. Albus finally resorted to legilimency, and what he found shocked him. A diary, a powerful artifact that reeked of dark, no evil magic that was supposed to be planted on one of the students, Ginevra Weasley.


Even though Malfoy hadn’t realized it, he unknowingly foiled his Father’s plan to remove the muggle protection act authored by Arthur Weasley. From the memories Albus had seen, the conversation Draco heard between Lucius and Mcnair revealed the Malfoy Lord’s plan. Draco only heard that the diary contained powerful magic, and his greed and vanity made him take it for himself.


The greater mystery though was who stopped these attacks? Who saved the Luna Lovegood? Certainly it was not a Crumple Horned Snorcack, and when Albus tried to see the girl’s mind earlier, he became dizzy and disoriented from the wild imagination the girl’s head had.


The most intriguing and exciting was the person he heard in Malfoy’s memories. Draco was semi conscious and dizzy, and he could only hear what was happening in the chamber of secrets though he did not understand what was happening.


“I am Hogwart’s protector, guardian of her students. I come when the need is great, and I have deemed it so.”


There was a guardian, an unknown entity that protects Hogwarts. His old heart lightened at knowing that someone beside him was watching out for the students. He desperately wanted to know and talk to this “Guardian.” He wondered if this entity helped them last year, he previously thought Neville have somehow defeated Quirrel, but now he concluded that someone else saved them.


He walked towards his office to floo Lucius about his son’s unfortunate accident, this information could force the Death Eater to resign from the board of governors. Albus Dumbledore strode along the halls lost in his thoughts about this new exciting revelation. He couldn’t wait to meet the Guardian of Hogwarts.


********


Harry finally told an impatient Hermione and Daphne about the events that happened in the chamber. He didn’t tell them of the hat proclaiming him Gryffindorr’s heir as he suspected the Potters were hidden descendants from Godric Gryffindor. Hermione was too sharp and smart, and sooner or later she might figure him out as the boy who lived. Their reactions varied, Daphne thought it was cool and dangerous but still worried, while Hermione was getting hysterical as the story progressed. Both wondered how Harry avoided the Basilisk’s deadly gaze and Harry just said he had his methods with dealing with it. Hermione and Daphne agreed heartily with Harry’s decision about befriending Luna. So far since meeting her, she did not reveal Harry’s deepest secrets to anyone, and this meant a lot to Harry.


The resulting weeks following the abduction of Luna Lovegood proved amusing for Harry, Daphne and Hermione. They saw various students walk closely together like a bunch of first years, and since most of the attacks happened near the library, the trio were the only students that hanged out there.


December came and the student population slowly realized that no more attacks occurring. The petrified students were able to recover and was soon catching up with homework and missed projects with the brewing of a Mandrake Potion by Professor Snape and Professor Sprout.


Harry resumed his weekly excursions to the watchtower, this time taking both Daphne and Hermione with him. Jonn Jones warmly welcomed Hermione, and Daphne was thoroughly enjoyed seeing Wally show his amazing speed, as he kept her entertained, although she was busy gaping at the assorted and colorful costumes of the various Justice League members. Jonn gave Daphne the same mental shielding with Hermione, until both of them have sufficient shields strong enough to repel a Legillimencer by themselves.


Harry was eating his breakfast when Hedwig swooped down delivering the a red envelope. Wondering who managed to contact his owl, he stroked her plumage and fed her a large piece of bacon. He opened the letter and read it eagerly, this was the first time he received a letter from an owl aside from his invitation letters, the novelty of it was quite amusing to him.


Dearest Grandson.

With Hera’s blessing, you are invited to spend your Yule vacation in Themiscira, paradise island of the amazons. I am most anxious to see you again as well as your aunties and the hundreds of my other sisters who are eager to meet Diana’s son, favored by the Gods. Hera only gave her blessings to allow you and Bruce Wayne to step foot on the sacred island. Any close female friends that you have are certainly welcome and fine with me.
I am excited to see my daughter, and I am getting impatient at the arrival of my second grandbaby, which sadly will arrive five months from now. Now I have heard rumors that you and young Kara are dating. When can you provide me with great grand babies? Kara is a fine strong woman, and your children will be special. Do not listen to your mother and give me babies.

I am just joking Harry.

Not really.

Your loving grandmother,

Hippolyta
Queen of the Amazons

p.s. I love babies, and so do my sisters.



Harry’s face must have shown shock as Daphne and Hermione giggled at seeing the normally impervious face show a strong emotion. His face was turning red, and his eyes were wide. Finally Hermione’s curiosity overwhelmed her polite manners and snatched the red letter and began to read it, with Daphne looking over her shoulder. Both the girl’s eyes widened as they finished the letter, they glanced at one another and then turned back their gaze to Harry. It was too much and Hermione and Daphne laughed hard, causing some students near their vicinity to look at their direction and wonder what was so funny.
Harry recomposed himself after a minute, but there was still a faint red tinge in his cheeks which was found by the female population to be quite adorable. Indeed Harry was growing up, getting more handsome as every term passes, and this was noticed by the Hogwarts girls. Only the presence of his two bitchy bodyguards prevented him from being approached by females left and right.


“So do you want to come? I know I might be taking too much of your family time… maybe after Christmas? Spend the new year with us please?” Harry asked, using his charm and giving cute smile to try and convince his best friends. It was not necessary, as Hermione and Daphne already decided they would take Harry’s advice. A trip to the island paradise was something not to be missed.


*********
A/N: Internet speed sucks here. Reviews? Suggestions?
Sign up to rate and review this story