Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 12z: The New Year

by bluminous

fork fights

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2009-04-12 - Updated: 2009-04-13 - 8456 words

?Blocked
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By: Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.
Thank you for the reviews, constructive criticisms and suggestions. They really helped me in developing the characters’ personalities and the plot. I am trying to balance the story, trying to integrate the better elements of Dc and Harry Potter’s world of magic.
I also enjoy reading fan fictions, and if you can recommend me to promising new works, kindly email me. I’m not a slash fan though, just kick ass funny and action packed stories for me please. Don’t forget the humor.

As Vanir suggested, I’m going to read every chapter aloud, even if people give weird looks on the beach. I’ll look like an idiot that’s for sure, but hey the suggestion’s really good. Hopefully it would improve the quality of the tenses and punctuations. I’m lazy in editing old chapters, who want to be my beta? blueminous AT gmail.com - that’s my email, just contact me if you are interested and I’ll mail you the old chapters, even scales of justice up to chapter 6 if you’re up for it.


Chapter 12: The New Year.

“I don’t like you” Hermione said as she struggled to regain her breathing. Harry grinned as he rubbed his ears after being blasted by Hermione’s high pitch scream, she might be a relative of siren, he thought.

“C’mon Hermy! That was fun! And you didn’t even cry like last year!” Daphne said as she calmed down from the adrenaline rush.

“You… you cried?” Harry asked, his smile got wider, Wally didn’t tell him that. He was smacked on the shoulder by an amused girlfriend. “Don’t tease her Honey” Kara scolded him gently as she smiled back at her two friends before focusing her attention on the Lance’s flight instruments.
“Kara, what’s that?” Hermione asked, as she noticed a beautiful ring on her friend’s hand. It was beautiful and Daphne leaned from her seat to also get a closer look, and she gasped as she realized its significance. “Is that from Harry?” she asked and Kara beamed proudly, eager to show her gal pals her boyfriend’s latest gift. She held up her left hand and showed the ring placed in her middle finger.


“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” the two girls squealed in excitement as they grabbed Kara’s free hand and inspected the ring. Harry rubbed his poor ears maybe both were related to Siren. Daphne sighed softly, the world was indeed in love, and she wondered if she would meet her true love in the near future.


“It’s a promise ring given to me by my future fiancé here.” Kara said as she smiled brilliantly at Harry who was looking straight out the window. Harry blushed a bit red and answered. “Well, I really love her you know? And I wanted to show her and the world how much my love for her is and how serious I am with this relationship.”


“Awww…” The three girls gave him sappy, puppy looks and Kara couldn’t take it anymore at Harry’s public declaration that she leaned forward and kissed him hard on the lips. The Lance jet spun around and Hermione started screaming again.


The time spent in Themyscira was a blast for Hermione and Daphne. Hermione particularly loved spending time in Themyscira’s ancient library, since most of the books in the library of Alexandria was transferred there before the library was destroyed. Daphne developed a particular fondness of the beach tanning since she spent most her previous summer on board the Wayne’s huge yacht. Soon both girls sported healthy looking tans similar to Kara and Harry’s.

There was an unfortunate accident though as Zatanna fell asleep while tanning and she only woke up at the sound of the Lance’s engines. Her back was sunburned and she looked like Katma, like an alien with pink red skin all over her body. She was teleported out of the island and was now treated inside Watchtower 1’s med bay.

All too soon for Hermione and Daphne, the days passed quickly if you were having fun. Kara spent most of the remaining time cuddled with Harry, he was now more affectionate and romantic that Kara allowed both of them to move to the groping stage, but away from prying eyes. Harry continued to practice training with his Father and the other Amazons, while Diana looked on proudly at her growing family and her son’s friends.

**************


The term after the holidays were dull as students went back to their previous routine since the threat against them was clearly dealt with as the Headmaster announced in the start of term feast. One of the students, Draco Malfoy was now attending classes after his father spent thousands of galleons hiring tutors so that his son could catch up with classes. Lucius Malfoy the once arrogant and influential member of the board of Governors had resigned his post after a private meeting with Albus Dumbledore. Some speculated that he was forced to resign by the Headmaster, while the other rumors said that he was embarrassed that his son was enchanted by a dark artifact. Nobody knew though of what happened during the meeting, and parents and students could only speculate about it.


A frustrating development for Harry though was the new attention he was given by staff and older students, since he had been the one to expose Gilderoy Lockhart as a fraud and a sex offender. His carefully built up anonymity was slowly eradicated as teachers gave him special attention during classes, and as he noticed, observing him during his free time. He knew he had to be more careful whenever he went on patrol with Kara at the League, and he adjusted his disappearing acts to more random times.


Severus Snape had even given points to him during a lesson, as the Potions Professor clearly held a grudge against the Ex Defense Professor and enjoyed the young Wayne’s rough treatment of the fraud. Several Pureblood families sent him letters of appreciation for rescuing one of their own and to Hermione and Daphne’s amusement, sent him offers of betrothal for their daughters. Harry took these events with hidden frustration, as he politely declined the letters given to him by female purebloods, some who were even in their seventh year.

Meanwhile Albus struggled with his pet project, as the prophesized boy’s brain proved impervious to learning. The headmaster even tried a counter charm to the spell on the boy’s brain in a desperate effort to cram knowledge into the thick head. But the headmaster’s will was strong and Neville Longbottom started to learn, and he now had third year’s knowledge of Herbology, much to the Headmaster’s frustration. His marks went up though, except for potions where he still resided at the bottom of their level, competing with Crabbe and Goyle for the humiliating spot.

***********

“The body should be able to deflect and Lantern power force attacks now. I spent quite a bit of money researching and shielding your armor.” An electronic voice said to the bald man on a wheel chair.


“That was my money you spent” the bald man sneered as he looked at the suit. “Good… what about the Kryptonite based power systems?”

“Similar to mine in every aspect: enhanced agility, strength and speed. No Kryptonian would ever get near you. I don’t know why you are doing this, the girl has a powerful guardian, and we had been warned.” The voice replied.
“My business is my own Metallo, and I paid you to shut that metal mouth of yours.” Lex Luthor turned off the screen as he was lifted off his wheelchair by mechanical arms. The huge metallic contraption carried him to the open suit and, sitting him gently at the core. Systems powered up immediately and the hulk of a robot stood up, ten feet in height with a massive body and arms that could crush any Meta human skull. White eyes flared green as Luthor experimented with its capabilities, crushing his titanium desk with ease. He smiled and walked towards the window, he had a trap set up and a bait to catch.

********
Supergirl and Huntress were patrolling Metropolis since Superman and Batman, along with the heavy hitters had gone off world in a response to help contain a resurgence of man hunters, the defunct Lantern Corps’ predecessors.

“Quiet night huh” Huntress said as she landed on a roof. Supergirl landed beside her and said. “Yeah I hope this continues, I have some exams in the morning, this girls needs her sleep too you know.”

“You’ll get used to the night shift; spend a night in Gotham and your going wish you were stationed at Metropolis. Poor Nightwing though, he has his hands full up there.”Huntress said as she peered down the empty street, looking for signs of trouble.

A particle blast came out from behind them and Kara protected her partner’s back with her body. “That’s going to sting later.” She said as they faced off against a colossal monstrosity. Huntress nodded in thanks as she jumped away and drew her bow and aimed a shot at the robot. She fired several arrows but the robot didn’t appear to have a weak spot, her arrows not even making a slight dent on the smooth armor. The robot eyed her and with a surprising speed it leaped and landed beside her. Huntress attempted to jump away but a metallic hand caught her foot and she screamed as her leg was crushed.

She was let go immediately when Supergirl rammed at the robot, sending it a few meters back, but it recovered quickly and slammed a huge fist at Supergirl’s body, sending her crashing down the pavement. The robot leapt down from the roof and Supergirl barely got away as a foot crashed where her head had been. She grew angry and decided not to hold back, this thing was as strong as Grundy!

With blinding speed she slammed a mighty right hook on its chest, making a huge dent on its thick armor, and sending the robot to the ground.

“My my, the little girl packs quite a punch.” Lex Luthor’s voice was heard and Supergirl’s eyes widened in surprise. She had instruction not to deal with this beta class threat by herself. She touched her communications device on her ear, but she only heard static.

“You can’t call for backup, Supergirl, my armored suit blocks signals for a kilometer in all directions. And your partner…” Lex looked at the roof where Huntress was unconscious. “She’s out of commission. Stop fighting back, you are powerless against me.”

Supergirl knew she had to flee, but she just couldn’t leave Huntress at the clutches of this monster. Besides, she was among the most powerful in the League; she knew she could take him down. She jumped and flew directly at Lex, aiming a punch at the visor to shatter the irritating smile the villain had on his face. Lex smiled evilly, everything was according to plan, and the young inexperienced Kryptonian was behaving as he predicted. The breastplates on his dented chest opened and revealed the large chunk of kryptonite Crystal imbedded within the alloy frame.


Kara’s eyes widened as she saw the hideous green glow, so unlike her Harry’s bright green light. She tried to veer off but she was too close and her powers weakened. An arm snapped around her waist as she weakly struggled against the crushing grip. Her powers were fading at the proximity to the Crystal and she soon fell unconscious.

Lex smiled at his captured bait and activated the boosters on his back, and soon he disappeared into the night sky. The Apollo would soon come, and he would pay.

Huntress was dizzy from the excruciating pain in her mangled leg, but she struggled on gritting her teeth as she moved towards the ledge, only in time to see Supergirl in the clutches of Lex Luthor in his robotic suit. She still can’t contact the watchtower as there was still interference broadcasted from their area. She hoped Kara could overcome this difficult hurdle. Finally the pain was too much in her leg and she passed out completely, lying on the rooftop.

**********

Kara awakened to see that her hands were shackled by thick alloy bands to a steel wall. She struggled to break free but she still felt weak, her powers were not returning. She looked through the bars to see armed thugs watching her with lecherous grins, and she closed her legs so as not to give them a view up her short skirt.

“Don’t bother escaping; this fortress was completely designed for Meta humans with super strength.” Lex walked towards the bars, he was still wearing that hideous suit. “I specifically added Kryptonite Crystals in key Locations, so that its radiation constantly affects you.”

“What do you want?” She said bitterly, she did not like chained to the wall, helpless.
“To lure you as bait, I want to destroy that junior partner of yours, that green lantern that took out my legs.” Lex said as he looked on with pleasure at capturing his Arch nemesis’ cousin.

“Apollo? You won’t stand against him; he will just swat you like a bug. Run now Lex, while you still can before he removes your arms next.” She grinned with feral intensity, as anger showed through her eyes.

“Really? However you will find I am prepared for a green lantern’s power. Now to pass the time as we wait…” Lex leaned down to listen to the whisper of one of the large men. He grinned with evil delight as he eyed his bait. “My associates suggested that we have some fun with you. They find you quite appealing; this will no doubt provide quite the entertaining sight. Perhaps I too shall partake of the activities later, after they have ravished you quite thoroughly.”


Supergirl’s eyes widened in shock, she could not believe Lex Luthor would lower himself to such a sick level and submit her to this… depravity. It was every woman’s fear, to be raped and tears started leaking out of her eyes. She would not beg though, her pride was the only thing she would not give them. The metal rustic gates opened eerily as the four men stepped towards her cell.

‘Harry… Help me…’ she thought. She could not bear this and she needed him. She wanted Harry, her sweet noble Harry to be her first, to start a family, to have a future. Her Harry, the bright beacon of justice and light, he was as much a symbol to the league as Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. He always protected her, loved and cared for her, when she needed his comfort and help. Kara thought of his smiling face and warm smile and green eyes as a tear traveled down her cheek. She felt her cape ripped away as she was filled with fear. She screamed “Harry!!!”


**********

Harry yawned and stretched as he finished his early morning exercises. It was a lazy Monday morning, and he was about to talk with Professor Flitwick about his electives for the third year. He had decided on Arithmacy and Ancient Runes, for he read in the brochure that these were the most academically and theoretically challenging subjects in the electives.

It took some convincing from Harry and Daphne, and finally Hermione relented, opting to take only two electives like them. How in the world that girl planned to take every elective was a mystery, as it surely would not fit in her schedule. He was amused when she wanted to take muggle studies, for she lived her childhood in a non magical environment. Maybe it was more appropriate with Daphne to take the subject, but the girl was fast learning and adapting to the non magical world when she hang out with Harry during the summer. He once spotted her loading a DVD of her romantic soaps on board the Lance jet.

As he walked back to the castle for a nice cool shower, he felt a pulse far into the distance. It felt familiar, it was a unique signature that he remembered he used when he customized the ring he gave to Kara… Kara! His eyes widened as he felt unease. Rapidly changing to Apollo, he focused on the signature as his body flared with green light. He needed to get there fast; he knew most of the Senior League Members were out of the planet. Bending his knees, he lifted off with a powerful leap and soon disappeared into the sky, as a furious wind blew from where he departed. His eyes burned with green intensity, and hoped his Kara could take care of herself until he arrived. Anyone who threatened his family would pay the ultimate price. He pushed even more power, and soon various clouds were vaporized at the blinding pace he set as he passed them.

************

Hagrid walked around the grounds with morning still in his eyes. He needed to collect some herbs and plants for Professor Snape’s class this afternoon, and they were located deep in the Forbidden forest. Fang, his dog jumped and ran after various creatures hiding in the bushes. Hagrid yawned and he suddenly fell, and he skidded in the dirt until he stopped. Shocked, he immediately stood up and looked around. He stood around a massive crater, 30 feet in diameter and ten feet deep. Mounds of earth were scattered around with huge stones. He scratched his beard, wondering what magical creature caused this huge hole in the earth. He did not notice a gray towel with a gold W sewn in the fabric peeking out from the mounds of dirt.


*************

Kara screamed for Harry as the hands touched her bound frame when her ring pulsed with a familiar comfortable power. She turned her head and looked at it as the green point of light slowly enveloped her left hand and soon traveled all over her body encompassing her. The green power gave her a life support field, as the Corps had long ago, shielding them from the vacuum of space, energy discharges, even radiation.

Kara looked at the ring and her glowing green body in fascination, as the armed thugs suddenly leapt away from her, afraid of this new development. She felt easier to breathe, as if a huge weight was lifted out of her chest, and her normally sharp senses returning. She could see through the walls now as her x-ray vision returned. She struggled against the shackled and heard them crack. Kara grinned, her Harry, even though he was not here, was still providing a means to protect her, to shield her.

Feeling her old strength returning she broke free of the shackles and chains, tearing part of the wall with her. The would be rapists panicked, and collided with one another and the metal gate, locking them alone with a furious Supergirl, glowing in green light. Cries and pleas for retaining their manhood and nuts were soon heard from the dungeon as Kara savagely crushed their nuts and peckers. Later criminals and thugs would dub her as Super nut crusher girl, and would flee at the sight of her, clutching their groins protectively.


Lex stepped to his chamber to charge his Robot suit when he heard the cries of agony and moans from the halls below. Smiling at the thought, he headed to the heavily fortified cell thinking about the sick show he was about to watch and even join later. This would break Superman more, and push him to a rage that will soon discredit the league when he learned the rape of his cousin. He was stunned though at the sight as four crying men with bloodied pants moaned and crawled at the floor with Supergirl standing in the middle, smiling in satisfaction. She was glowing green, as were her eyes, like she was part of the Green Lantern corps.

“Impossible” Lex breathed out as he stared at the carnage. He could not help but wince at the thugs on the floor, and his massive robot hand unconsciously drifted to protect his metal groin.

Supergirl turned to him and eased through the thick bars, bending them like thin twigs. “Surprised? You would pay Lex, this was a new low, even for you for what you were about to do to me.” Supergirl snarled.

“No matter, even my suit is prepared against Lantern attacks.” Lex said confidently as he prepared for battle. He opened his plate armor to expose the deadly Kryptonite hoping that it would affect Supergirl, but she remained standing there with a stony expression.

“It won’t work on me, Lex Luthor; I have the ultimate protection for Kryptonite Radiation.” Supergirl said and she suddenly flew towards him and hit him with both fists, sending him crashing at the opposite wall. Lex was dazed, he thought that Supergirl would use green lantern force attacks but she used brute force. He stood up and his robot hand emitted a particle blast at Supergirl. But his opponent dodged to the side with her super speed and flew towards him again. No matter, his suit was still strong and backhanded the girl, sending her to the ground.

He aimed his particle gun at her hand, hoping to remove the ring when the old fortress shook, shaking the old foundation stones.

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!”

Supergirl and Lex Luthor heard floors and walls being destroyed at regular intervals and the noise was growing louder. Kara smiled, while Lex looked around fearfully. Apollo was coming.

********

A streak of green light flew across the skies, mountains and oceans were passed in milliseconds. Apollo spotted an old Castle and felt the ring he had given Kara emit its unique signature deep within its walls. Without even slowing down, he headed straight through, diving down vertically. The old fortress’ defensive mechanisms kicked in, installed by Lex Luthor. It was useless though as beams and bullets just bounced of Apollo’s blinding green aura. He streaked through the roof and the thick stone walls, creating huge holes in them, making them collapse. He felt where Kara’s ring was and soon destroyed the last floor, appearing beside his Kara in a burst of flying stone and dust.

His eyes widened in surprise as he saw his Kara enveloped in a familiar green light, and he breathed a sigh of relief, knowing she was safe. His expression darkened as he spotted her torn skirt, white shirt and cape and looked at the source of moaning and cries. He saw four thugs clutching their bloodied groins and his sharp mind quickly assessed what had happened. He turned to the huge metal robot piloted by Lex Luthor with a furious expression as his eyes shined brighter with green light. His aura flared, and the force sent the Robot to skid a few feet.

“You will pay” He hissed as he stepped forward, in between Kara and the mechanical monstrosity. Lex eyes widened and he stepped back unconsciously, he was not sure if he could fight off two Meta Humans. His power indicated that his Lantern shields were up to 90 %, Batteries at 85%. He was ready to face off with this Apollo and prepared to square off. As expected, a green arc of beam leapt of from Apollo’s arm, but it was immediately absorbed by the shield. Lex frantically looked at his readings and his eyes widened as he saw the numbers: Lantern shield 45%

He did not expect that such an attack was possible, he had observed and measured John Stewart's normal green lantern energy discharges and he theorized that his shields would hold. This attack was so powerful, that it immediately drained his reserves. He had to escape.

Turning quickly, he attempted to fly out the corridor to a secret passage when he found himself facing a massive thick green wall. It was not translucent as normal green lantern constructs, it was solid. He banged helplessly with his massive robot arms but it was no use, he was trapped. “Mercy!” Lex cried as he backed against a wall, away from the furious Apollo who was emitting strong gusts of Green Aura, flaring around his person like fire.

“I think not!” Apollo said as he stepped forward, walking purposely towards Lex. The villain raised his Particle weapon and all his firepower on the being, but it did not even slow him down, as he emerged from the smoke in perfect condition. Lex knew he was screwed now; it was like he was fighting a deity, a god even. Perhaps this was Apollo, the Greek God of Justice and Light himself, and not an ordinary Green Lantern. Desperate, Lex swung his massive arms intent on crushing Apollo’s skull, but the god like being stopped both his hands with his bare hands.

“You were about to commit an unforgivable act on someone who is under my protection. Unforgivable!” Apollo thundered as he pulled both arms and tossed the robot suit to the ground like a toy. Lying on the ground, Lex brought out his Kryptonite edged blades from under both arms; he planned on using them to decapitate Superman. His prized blades that caused millions to manufacture were cleanly sliced in two by a flaming green sword Apollo now held.

‘Yes he must be a god, wielding that sword’ Lex thought as he watched his prized blades clatter to the ground. “This sick plan was authored by you Lex Luthor, and she was harmed by your hands.” Apollo said as he glanced at Kara. He turned back to Lex and said “Your hands are mine now, such is the price for harming her.” Apollo moved, and a few seconds later, the massive arms of Lex’s Robot suit fell off, taking his own arms as they fell.

Lex screamed in agony from his cockpit as he now had cauterized stumps that were once his healthy looking and muscled arms. Suddenly he felt his cockpit door torn away from his suit, exposing his vulnerable chest to the avenging god. “Mercy…” Lex croaked, this time he was serious in asking for forgiveness, he would seriously quit now, as he properly learned his lesson.

“For the price of attempting to steal her innocence, Death is your reward.” Apollo said and he angled his sword for a killing blow, aiming to decapitate Lex Luthor’s head.

“Apollo… he’s beaten now, he can’t do any more harm.” Harry heard Kara’s voice and felt soft arms wrapping around his body. Harry faltered in his downward swing, he really wanted to kill this son of a bitch. “He wanted to rape you” Apollo said, gritting his teeth, and Supergirl hugged him tighter.

“Let go of your rage, love. They were not successful, for you have protected me. Justice has been served.” Supergirl said and she felt her boyfriend’s tense body relax. Apollo lowered the gleaming sword and quickly pointed it at Lex Luthor’s throat, making the villain gulp in fear.

“Your life has been spared, Lex Luthor, thank Supergirl for her generosity. This is your last warning, harm a hair of her again and I will personally come to you and chop off your head, and send your poor soul to hell.” Apollo said as his eyes brightened with green power, staring down the defeated man’s eyes, making him wet his destroyed robot suit, something not even Superman or Batman had done.

“Let us go Apollo, Huntress needs us.” Supergirl said and Apollo nodded, engulfing her green aura with his making it grow brighter and larger. Kara’s torn uniform was suddenly covered by a green suit, similar to Katma’s style as it showed of Kara’s toned stomach. They flew of the collapsed fortress with a crying, broken man deep in its bowels. That was the last they would see of Lex Luthor, once proud villain, genius and arch nemesis of Superman.


The found an unconscious Huntress, and Apollo immediately waved his wand, applying a healing charm that Zatanna had taught him. They managed to contact the Watchtower, and Kara’s green aura disappeared as she relaxed once in familiar surroundings, but both remained quiet. After giving a report to Jonn and Wally the two requested that they be transported to Themyscira, to consult Diana.

Jonn immediately agreed, he sensed that the two felt that the island could help them recover from their ordeal, for they see Themyscira as pure and untouched, something they craved in this day of dirty actions and sick minds. As the two left, Wally showed the emotions stirring inside him. his usual easy going nature replaced by a furious rage. He had known these children since they were in diapers, and by the gods he would kill whoever destroyed their innocence. The two young members disappeared in a white light, leaving an angry Justice League out for revenge.

**********


As they appeared at the beach, Amazon guards waved them through after recognizing Apollo. The couple walked hand in hand as they walked through the sand, they wanted to feel the relaxing environment of the sea and the breeze to blow away the fears that were in their minds.
They took the long path to the Palace as Kara leaned on Harry, seeking his presence as a blanket of security. Harry hugged her tighter, as if he did not want to let her go after the horrible event. Kara only showed her emotions to Harry, and her strong persona crumbled once they were out of view of the sentries. Kara’s sniffed as her eyes watered, until she couldn’t take anymore and hugged Harry, throwing them both to the sand.

Kara cried as she remembered the feeling of helplessness, her near rape and the dirty, filthy hands that groped her. She suddenly felt dirty as she remembered it, and shuddered as her sobs grew louder. Harry leaked rare tears, something not even his parents have seen since they have adopted him. He wondered for the first time if it was worth saving the world if such men existed with them.

Harry suddenly felt himself pulled up by a now floating Kara, and they gently moved through the air to the surf and they landed just where the waves lapped at the pure white sand. Their bodies were engulfed by a wave, as both cried at what happened to them.

“They wanted to rape me Harry” Kara sobbed as tears fell down freely past her cheek. Harry’s eyes glowed green at the unexpected rage he felt, but held the emotion down, Kara needed him. “But you saved me… the promise ring you gave me, it gave me protection… Oh Harry!” Kara cried new tears as she kissed her boyfriend and savior hard on the lips. Harry kissed her back fiercely, angered that those primates attempted to defile his Kara.

Waves crashed through their bodies, and both felt the water cleansing them, soothing their fear and anger. They held each other for a long time, taking comfort in each others' presence. Harry rose up and seated himself and Kara placed her head on his lap, relishing the feeling of protection his Harry provided.

“Kara… I’m turning dark. If it were not for you, I would have killed him, and I would enjoy it immensely.” Harry said, voicing his greatest fear. Kara opened her eyes as she looked at the person she loved the most and as their habit she stroked his cheek with a raised hand. “You’re not evil Harry… or a bad person. All of us has something dark within them, nobody’s perfect. And I’m so proud of you for stopping when it mattered the most.” Kara said as she stroked his cheek with her thumb.

“But I never wanted a person to die so much! He… He hurt you, and I wanted to make him pay.” Harry argued as a tear single fell down his cheek.
“So did I Harry, I wanted to rip his heart with my bare hands. But who loses out in the end? I stopped you, my Harry, for I did not want you to suffer for the rest of your life, wondering if you did the right thing. Let fate decide if he will be punished, and I’m sure he will be.” Kara said softly as she stroked away the tear from Harry’s cheek. She smiled softly and said “I love you Harry.” Harry looked at her with a possessive look that thrilled her, and he leaned down to kiss his beloved and precious Kara.

After a long moment, they both got up and walked slowly to the palace, they both knew they had reached a new level in their relationship, bringing them much closer if it was possible.

*********

“Harry? Harry!” Hermione called out, looking for his friend at his dorm. Daphne was looking at the grounds where he usually trained, hoping she could find a clue as to where he went. They were supposed to have gone with him to Watchtower 1, meeting up with Kara after her patrol. Their friend though had disappeared into thin air.

“He’s not there Hermione, although it looked like there’s a new playpen for the immature boys. I think Hagrid dug a muddy pit beside the forest and now most of the boys are playing there.” Daphne said as she sat down in one of the soft armchairs. “That Ron Weasley’s face looked like he was seeing heaven when he saw the pit full of mud. He looked like he wanted to eat it!” Daphne shivered when she saw the boy’s face… it was disturbing.

“How fitting, playing in the mud, very mature of them. And that Weasley… let’s not think about him, I already ate breakfast and would like to keep the contents of my stomach, thank you very much. Anyway I think Harry might have an emergency that’s why he suddenly left.” Hermione said, she remembered that most of the senior league members were in some distant planet fighting. She thought Harry might be called in more to fill in for the missing members.

Daphne nodded, he felt a bit down though, she was eager to meet with Vixen, the Supermodel/Superhero was fun to hang out with.

“Oh pooh, I wanted to fly into space. I guess next week will be better.” A voice said and both girls jumped like startled cats. They had set up silencing and perimeter wards, and that should have alerted them about eavesdroppers.

Hermione turned to the sound of the voice with a raised wand and her eyes widened in shock as she spotted the blonde girl sitting in a corner of the empty common room. “Luna? How did you get here?” Daphne asked and Luna gave her a look that made her feel stupid. How did she do that?

“Well, I was sitting in the corner trying my best not to inhale more grumby stulfkins when you both casted silencing charms and perimeter wards. I kept still so that it I would not collapse the wards.” Luna said as she started playing with her wand, twirling it around her fingers like a muggle pen. Hermione eyed Daphne and they both nodded, this girl was really something, no wonder Harry found their new friend fascinating.

**********

Diana fumed as she clenched her fists around quilt she was knitting. After listening to her son and future daughter in law’s story, she herself wanted to don battle armor and kill that sick man. She breathed deeply to calm herself, she needed to be strong to her son, and help her daughter in law heal from this tragedy. Hippolyta was not helping at all, she despised this act more than murder and she closed her eyes to curb her legendary temper. Today was a time of healing, not of revenge and vengeance. But that man would pay, her warriors would see to that.

“Kara… my daughter in heart, be strong and keep faith. This unfortunate incident shouldn’t have to be faced by a young woman such as yourself, but we can do nothing about the past except learn from it. You must overcome this, channel this fear to help you grow stronger. I know you are strong enough, daughter.” Diana said as she gave a motherly smile to her son’s chosen.

Kara smiled at the endearment made by Diana and she sniffed a couple of times as she snuggled beside Harry. She inhaled his familiar intoxicating scent, helping her calm down and move past the trying ordeal. Hippolyta gave her a reassuring pat in the arm and Kara smiled and nodded, thankful for the show of support from her future grandmother in law.

“Bruce and I along with your cousin tried to shield you from the most evil of men, sooner or later you will face such despicable evil. I had hoped it would be many years before you encountered such types of men.” Diana said as she gazed at Harry and Kara.

“I myself encountered such men, my battle armor alone had earned their sick lust and perverted fantasies. I was shocked at first, and felt dirty at my mind filled with such thoughts. I wanted to return to mother and abandon the cause. However with the help of Bruce, Clark and the original League, I pulled through, even Shayera was a big help.” Diana said, she was now smiling, and the warmth from her voice soothed their spirits. She truly was the epitome of the League’s treasured values. Diana turned to his son and gave him her wise words.

“You are powerful Harry, the most powerful I have ever seen, and I could not find any other being to rightly wield that power than you. You have delivered justice when needed, and your actions today spoke highly of your strong will and strength of character. This was a great temptation you have faced my son, I myself admit if I had such strong will to hold myself back from dealing the lethal blow.” Diana admitted as Hippolyta placed comforting arms to her daughter.

The family hugged each other, taking comfort in each other’s show of support and solidarity. Kara smiled softly as she buried her dainty nose on Harry’s hair, inhaling his scent. She still couldn’t figure out what perfume or body spray he used, but she didn’t care anyway as she had the source of the smell as her boyfriend. This was her future family, and she loved them with all her heart, pressure or no pressure for making great grand babies.

***********

Jonn Jones managed to calm down an angry Justice League, and he sighed in relief after a stressful day. He managed to turn off one of the javelins in time as Vixen and Siren commandeered it, intent on hunting Lex Luthor. The mystery of young Harry’s power and numerous abilities came into light again, and he was puzzled at such strong cosmic might. He needed to talk to Dr. Fate again and clear a few things up.

He was not worried about Harry’s intentions, he was good, a shining example to even the older members. He might be a bit brutal in retaliations in rare circumstances, but he was fair and just, just as his parents raised him to be. What he wanted to know is how to maximize Harry’s potential, if he could discover unknown powers hidden and of this mysterious magic. Yes, he had a lot to ask about Doctor “Bobby” Fate.

***********

Dinner had just started and Daphne and Hermione’s faces showed worry and concern about their missing friend. They knew Harry could take care of himself, he had killed an ancient basilisk without any help and he had very powerful friends in the League. Luna remained unconcerned though, but she assured the two girls that Harry would come back in time for dinner. When asked by Hermione how she knew this, Luna gave a dizzying explanation about some weird creature telling her, causing Daphne to giggle and Hermione to let out a groan.

Luna accompanied the two the whole Sunday, forming a strange trio and drawing strange looks from other students. It was rare to see a brunette, redhead and a blonde, all with different hairstyles hanging out together. To Hermione’s delight, Luna was a bookworm herself, whenever she was not performing one of her strange habits.

The three formed a strange partnership the whole day as they studied, Daphne would tutor them both in Potions while Hermione took on Charms and Transfiguration. Luna provided insights into these subjects, occasionally asking questions on the purpose of adding an ingredient or the addition extra movement or incantation. This left the two older girls scrambling for papers as they wrote down new theories and possibilities to shorten the brewing time or wand movement. That Luna Lovegood was smart.


The three had finished reviewing and headed to the great hall for dinner when Luna suddenly looked outside and said “Harry.” Daphne and Hermione pressed their faces on the window to look for any signs of their friend. Harry was not there, only a few students lounging at the ground while Hagrid carried huge logs of wood to chop for the fireplaces.

“He’s not there, where did you see him again?” Hermione asked as she peered through the window.

“Who are you looking for?” Luna asked as she copied the two girls and squashed her face to the window just for the fun of it. She wondered how they looked like with their distorted faces, and got the answer when a small first year girl that was on the ground glanced to their window scream and run off to away from the hideous three headed ghoul.

Daphne let out a breath causing the glass pane to fog up. She said “You mentioned Harry! Where did you see him?”

“No, I didn’t see him, he’s still busy… I just said Hairy… I saw Hagrid’s Hairy beard and wondered if the grufflekins lived there.” Luna said, surprised at their eagerness to see their friend, but he had only been missing for a day. Luna grinned, this could be fun.

Hermione and Daphne groaned and they both hit their head against the glass. Unfortunately the glass was thin and it shattered, sending its broken shards to the empty field. Some of the students near the lake and Hagrid looked up at the source of the noise, and Hermione and Daphne ducked to avoid getting caught while Luna waved at her new audience. Daphne pulled her away from view and the three huddled under the broken window.

“Plan?” Daphne asked as she looked up at the broken glass, she didn’t want to get a detention footsteps were heard at coming towards them, and it sounded like Professor Snape’s regular long stride. “Run!” Hermione said and the two ran, pulling a happy Luna with them, excited at her new adventure.

“Relax Hermione, just start on your dinner, you have barely touched it.” Daphne said as she absently played with her food, it felt weird without Harry around for dinner. “Fine” Hermione grumbled as she dug in, the roast potatoes smelled good anyway and she was hungry from all the worry about Harry. Daphne focused on her own food as well as she saw her friend cleaning out her plate. The two were busy eating when they heard a laugh from Luna.


They both ignored it at first, thinking she was playing with them again. The young girl kept saying “Harry” at random moments causing Daphne and Hermione to snap their heads at the entrance of the great hall. Luna kept repeating this entertaining gig a few more times and poor Daphne and Hermione couldn’t help themselves as they looked again and again at the doors, snapping their necks in unison. Finally Hermione pulled out the book, intent on ignoring Luna’s antics, and Daphne copied her.

“What’s so funny?” Hermione said as she read a book on transfiguration theory. Like other Ravenclaws she read as she ate and elves had even provided bookstands alongside various dishes for the studious house. They certainly knew how to multi task.

“Oh I was sparring with Harry for the last piece of Potato, he certainly knew how to fork fight.” Luna said as Hermione heard the clash of cutlery.

“That’s nice…” Daphne absently said, as she turned a page on her Potions book. Hermione took a break from her reading to stab the last remaining baked slice of potato, they were really cooked well tonight. Her stab however was parried by another fork, and she narrowed her eyes and attempted to stab it again. The offending fork kept on interrupting her attempts until she finally looked up and yelled “Luna!” in irritation.

She fell back when she spotted Harry’s grinning face and her eyes were wide open in surprise. Daphne wore a similar expression her face as she gaped at their missing best friend.

“Where were you?” Hermione demanded while Daphne hugged him with affection. “Hey I was only gone a day… I’ll tell you later.” Harry’s eyes flashed quickly before his smile returned. Hermione nodded in understanding and she attempted a last ditch effort to stab again the potato. It was parried again and she narrowed her eyes in mock anger. She gave an on guard sweep of her fork, and the duel was on, while students and staff watched in amusement at the young Ravenclaws’ antics.

*********

“That boy is very interesting.” Albus said as he stroked his beard, and the other teachers nodded in agreement, even Severus Snape. He was happy since he was given the chance to teach Defense against the Dark arts, his favorite subject, and it also raised his salary significantly since he was teaching two subjects.
“Yes, he was really scary when I met him in the hallway as he headed towards Lockhart’s office.” Fillius added, he wished he could have been there when the boy confronted the sick pervert in his office.

“Indeed?” Albus asked curiously, while he knew that their ex defense professor was incompetent. He knew that no second year should have been able to overpower the adult wizard.

“What puzzles me is how was he able to overpower Gilderoy.” Minerva said as she eyed her table, where the Weasley twins where now copying the second years fun antics.

“I saw him running around the grounds early one morning from my window. I assume he does that every day.” Severus said as he sipped on his goblet, his face impassive as he looked at the childish actions… from the children.

“If I remember correctly, muggles use that as part of their physical training… so the boy is trained in muggle martial arts. Does he ever use them to intimidate his peers?” Albus asked in concern, he didn’t want the boy heading towards the dark path.

“That boy is a model student!” Filius defended his favorite second year. “I have never heard of complaints from his other peers, except that he ignores some of the girls’ advances and offers of betrothal. He studies all the time, and only interacts with his two friends. And from what I see, Lovegood might join his circle.”

Snape agreed with this and said “He is also neutral, he never had an incident with my Slytherins, he sticks his own nose on his own business and stays away from school rivalries. My snakes also stay away from the boy, I think they actually respect him though I don’t how he achieved that. I will investigate the matter.”

Albus nodded, as his calculating mind pondered possibilities and future actions. The boy could perhaps be nudged to the light side. He was relieved that the young Wayne heir refused the betrothal contracts from the purebloods, as he would lose a potential ally who had vast resources in the muggle world. And the boy was handsome, and he wished that he could be the face of the light side, unlike Longbottom. He glanced at Neville and observed the slobber fest he and Ron Weasley were having.

He noticed the shy looks the girls from Gryffindor were giving the Wayne heir and he formulated a plan. A good girlfriend from a proper light family is what the boy needed to expand his small social circle of friends. But the Wayne heir already has a girlfriend, a powerful Kryptonian deeply in love with Harry Apollo Wayne.

*********

The last term past swiftly and soon the foursome headed to their respective friends and families as they said farewell to each other. Hermione had plans to visit France with his parents this summer, and she would meet Fleur and her family on the airport. Daphne and her little sister Alana, along with her mother Astoria Greengrass would follow the Grangers a week later. Luna was excited as she would go with her father to hunt for the Snorcacks in Sweden.

Harry too was excited since his mother was nearing the end of her pregnancy. He was eager to cradle his sibling in his arms, and to play with the baby as he or she grew up. this summer was important for him too, as he would soon enter intensive training and all of his skills would be put into review by the Justice League. If he could perform well in his review, he could even be promoted to a regular member!

“See you in my birthday girls.” Harry said as he hugged Hermione, Daphne and Luna. The three beamed and nodded eagerly as they left their separate ways. He was engulfed by his girlfriend, and they shared a sweet kiss earning a few wistful gazes from the females. “Let’s go home Harry” Kara whispered, and the two disappeared among the crowds.

********

A/N: Review please! What’s a good name for a baby? Both male and female names. I haven’t decided what gender Bruce and Diana’s child will be. Has to have Greek meaning, but something that’s not too unusual.

Sign up to rate and review this story