Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 6: Summer Starts

by bluminous 10 reviews

The warrior Sets sail

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-03-29 - Updated: 2009-03-29 - 6184 words

5Original
Harry Potter and the power of Oa
By Bluminous
A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics

Chapter 7: Start of Summer

When you think of a yacht one usually visualizes small quaint 30 to 60 feet white boats docked in your usual marina. The Wayne yacht is really a ship, 400 feet from bow to stern, with three decks built within its superstructure. The off white coat makes it shine on the gray dull harbor like a pearl from the sea. The Warrior as she was called, stood proudly among the swells, one of her helicopters standing on the helipad for three in the top most deck.


Harry looked on with curiosity as they approached the yacht, and began their descent upon the roof of the yacht.. As usual he was impatient when he was eager to meet his Mother, and hastily opened the door and jumped out, the massive wind caused by the rotor not affecting him in the slightest. He hugged his mother, a beautiful statuesque woman almost standing at 6 feet, her black hair with luxurious curls blowing off from the Helicopter’s dying motors. A hand patted his shoulder and he grinned and hugged Bruce Wayne, his father.


As the noise slowly died down from the Helicopter, Diana, princess of Themyscera beamed at his son and said “Whenever I see you Harry, you always keep growing! You look so handsome!” Diana hugged her son again and added a kiss on top of his messy hair, so similar to her husband's.

Bruce nodded in approval at Harry’s growing physique and said “I’m glad you didn’t slack away from your training. They exchanged pleasantries for a few minutes, with Harry being fussed by his mother. "Harry, Kara, why don’t you settle down at the lounge with Diana, I’m sure you are all hungry.” Bruce said as he kissed his wife on the cheek affectionately, then glanced at Clark and gave him a meaningful glance. “Bruce and I have some things to catch up with,go on, we will catch up” Clark said getting the hint. Harry cast a curious look at them before heading down, being dragged by Kara.


Once they disappeared, Clark looked at Bruce expectantly. “I have received reports that Darkseid might have sent those meteors last holiday.” Bruce said. Clark frowned, Darkseid was considered an omega level threat, he was as strong as superman, and he also commanded an entire planetary system serving as his own inter galactic army. Only New Genesis, a planet filled with powerful inhabitants, kept him in check. “But how was he able to send such massive meteors from such a long distance? Even their computers could not calculate that much accuracy.” Clark asked. “I’ll show you later in the watchtower, meanwhile I have a much more serious question to ask” Bruce asked seriously.


Clark gulped and looked at Bruce’s impassive face. Even though he did wear the cape and cowl he still had the aura that screamed “Batman!” “Shoot” Clark said and his friend gripped the bar and looked out into the water and asked. “Am I a good father to Harry?” Clark blinked a few times, but he dared not laugh, he didn’t want to get thrown overboard, even if he could fly. “Yes you are, Harry’s a very responsible boy, dedicated and loving, he has a strong will, much like his father.” Clark said and gave Bruce a smile, which was briefly returned. “In fact if ever me and Lois got together, I would ask tips from you on how to raise a son. But why the question though?” Clark asked, genuinely curious. “Because, I want to give Harry a sibling, and Diana wants one too. Her baby Harry is growing up so fast now, that she cries when she sees how grown up he acts. She’s not sad, but she really likes babies.” Bruce said softly. “Mother of God” Clark said stunned for a minute and then he grinned. “Godparent?” he asked, grinning. “Definitely” Bruce said and they both laughed, showing something rare and unseen. They only showed each other this side of their complex characters, only trusting each other to keep their secrets

Harry sighed, finishing his fourth sandwich, and patted his belly as his mother continued to ask stories about his school. He decided to leave out the report about the stone in the watch tower, as it was a sensitive issue. “Harry, Hermes visited me last week” Diana said as she tried looking for suitable clothes in Harry’s packed trunk for him to wear. “Yeah? Wow! What did he say?” he asked. Being visited by the messenger of the gods was very rare. ”Hera, saw your actions when you saved the whole world Harry and has instructed my mother to allow you a visit to Themyscera”, she said, smiling. “Whoa!” Harry stood up excited at the prospect, he always wanted to visit her mum’s birthplace, and having listened to it from many bed time stories. Sadly, no men were allowed on the island as a general rule by the amazons as set by Hera. It looks like he was given a 1 day pass.


Suddenly he thought about all the other League members who had also stepped up on that crucial day, and asked “What about the league though mum, all of them saved the earth too.” Diana smiled and ruffled his hair and said “Yes, but you forget, that you are my son, and the grandson of Hippolyta. That gives you a right I think, and the rest of my sisters have not yet seen you in person. They want to meet Apollo, son of Diana, who fights in honor of the god he was named for.”


Harry blushed at the praise and kissed his mum on the cheek. It was good to be home, even though it was a bit disconcerting to see Alfred walking around in a flowery tropical shirt and yellow shorts. British men don’t give a crap about summer fashion.


The Warrior moved at a gentle 25 knots, heading for the Mediterranean, to Marseille, officially for a business meeting for the Wayne Group of Companies. It would be a seven day cruise to the destination, 4 if the Warrior was to push herself, as they would circle past the Iberian peninsula which is primarily Spain and Portugal and past Gibraltar to enter the Mediterranean sea. Bruce, Clark and Wonder Woman occasionally teleported to the Watchtower, doing missions for the busy league. Harry had already the reported every detail with his encounter with Voldemort to Jonn, Dr. Fate and Zatanna, who was very concerned at him confronting his nemesis at such an early age. He got an earful from Diana and Kara, as they were mad for him going in without a backup, which was always the rule in Justice League procedures.


Kara and Harry enjoyed their time in the yacht immensely, they were occasionally found in the pool playing, and in quiet occasions cuddling. Harry began to feel more and more natural with his actions toward Kara, but still felt that he needed more growing up to do. He had grown in Hogwarts, almost reaching Kara’s 5’6 height now, and wondered if it was a byproduct of his powers or his magic.


Harry was still a kid and for all the maturity he has shown, sometimes he needed to play. He would play with Kara and Clark around the ship, and sometimes he headed to watchtower, catching up with the League like Wally and Jonn. Harry was still a junior league, but he was now assigned missions, usually with Kara and Green Arrow. Missions assigned to their team were low to medium priority, he was able to save that plane last month since he was the nearest operative in the area.


Kara and Harry still bantered and teased one another, but everyone could see their growing closeness, and affection between the two. Some of the league decided to question Harry and Kara about that.


It was a sleepy afternoon and Harry was reading a book, while Kara’s head was placed on his lap while they both sat inside the parlor. “Ahem” Harry heard a clearing of throat and looked up, to see Diana, Zatanna, Bruce and Clark looking at him with eyebrows raised or folded arms. Guessing that it was League matters, he gently woke Kara, who smiled as she opened her eyes upon seeing him and placed a palm on his cheek. “Kara, they need to talk to us” Harry said as he kissed her hand before moving it away. Kara moved to a sitting position and as she was still sleepy, leaned her head on Harry’s shoulder.


“We have noticed a few things about you two, are you and Kara now dating? Isn’t this starting a little too early?” Diana asked, staring hard at Kara, she was going to steal her baby. Kara was now fully awake and shared a look with Harry, they were ambushed. “No auntie Diana, we are not dating…” Kara said weakly and looked for Harry for help. “Mum, me and Kara had an understanding… that we would wait for the right time and decide to be together. When I’m older… but now, we are just acting normal as close childhood friends.” He said, and looked around and gulped. He didn’t like the look on Clark’s face. It reeked of revenge. Bruce however remained silent, as if he was expecting this to happen but did not tell anyone. “Well if you decided then… Harry I know you’re a responsible person…” Diana said, she was getting emotional, her little boy now had a girlfriend! Diana composed herself and decided to shock the pair “Now Kara, Harry, you know my mother, your grandmother would be deliriously happy, but don’t give me and Bruce grandbabies yet ok?” Kara and Harry shared an embarrassed look, and Harry said “Mum! We’re too young for that! We just agreed that we are going to get together someday, not right now, right Kara?”


Kara looked at him for a moment and said “Well, if you want now… no petting yet though.” She grinned and Harry nodded. “Ok change of plans, we are together now, but we won’t do any petting, we will continue to act as best friends, with some benefits.” Harry said at the wide eyed, horrified group.


Kara then added “Harry’s the one I love Clark, and it’s not going to change, you know a Kryptonian’s heart never changes.“ she grinned. “Were sort of reserved for each other, right Harry?” She asked and Harry nodded, grinning. “I can still Spar and play with you though? And tell you what’s on my mind and share my problems even though you’re my girlfriend now?” Harry asked worriedly, looking at her. Kara laughed and kissed him on his nose and said. “You’re too sweet. Harry, that’s what boyfriends and girlfriends do.” “That’s it? Wow! I love having a girlfriend then!” Harry exclaimed and Kara laughed.


Diana sniffed as she retreated with Clark and Zatanna. They were utterly defeated, as they retreated to the lower deck and to the den. Their plan had totally backfired, they were supposed to threaten Kara and Harry and embarrass them, they didn’t know that the two had already come into an agreement promising each other to be together. What was worse was because of their actions, they pushed their timeline in advance for a few years, and instead of a thirteen year old Harry dating Kara, they now had a nearly twelve Harry planning his future with his loved one. It made Diana feel old as she felt sad, she wasn’t the primary woman in Harry’s life anymore, although she definitely approved of Harry’s choice. That Kara had the Amazonian spirit within her. she wondered if Waynes always picked strong women, not just physically, but also their personalities and character.


Clark was sort of relieved though, as he knew what type of boy Kara had chosen. Harry was as honorable as he is, and was raised by two people he admired above all, Diana and Bruce. Raised with the ideals of truth and integrity, trained personally by Batman, and as of now appears to be one of the most powerful League members, ye he would be a good match for Kara. He was jealous of his cousin though, as she was able to find her loved one at an early age. Her Kryptonian heart joke had meaning, as both only had one person they decided they will love for the rest of their lives. He leaned on the bar and began to think of important matters, like how to get revenge on Harry now that he was dating his cousin. He couldn’t wait to tell Lois, she was embarrassed too when Harry told him of the red cape in her closet and desperately wanted some payback.


The league took the news happily when they learned that Kara and Harry were now dating mildly, and usually females in the league like Black Canary, huntress and Vixen gave them wistful smiles when they saw the pair holding hands. Stargirl, one of the younger league members and Supergirl’s closer friends, happily congratulated her on a ‘very good catch’ and advised her to train him early.


Harry was sparing with Kara, and although he didn’t know it, Kara was using a tiny portion of her strength. Kara didn’t notice it too at first, until Diana commented that she be careful, as Harry only had a normal human’s body. Kara frowned her eyes and dropped her stance and stood up. “Harry, can you catch my punch?” She asked and her young boyfriend nodded and crouched his body, ready to accept the blow from his super strong girlfriend. She wound her arm and shot her arm to Harry’s open palm, and Harry’s body moved a few inches but he didn’t seem hurt. Harry looked at her curiously, wondering why she punched him harder than usual.


Kara looked around for a target and spotted the cooler with a thick thermoplastic casing. She picked it up and threw it in the air and punched it, her arm going through the hollow container. She examined the hole and looked at Harry and said, “That was as strong as the same punch I hit you with earlier Harry.” Harry looked confused and observed the gaping hole on the cooler and turned around and said “That punch then was suppose to shatter my arms? How?” Kara shrugged and happily said “Who knows, it might be part of your power, but at least I don’t have to worry about watching myself around you. You at least have a tiny fraction of the strength I have”


They did not know it, but Harry’s body was imbued with the essence of Oa, from every hair, to his blood and every cell in his body. His body had adapted to the power within his body, and although he was far from challenging Clark in hand to hand combat, he was very powerful compared to the rest of the human population.


Diana walked towards them, a sarong draped on her waist bringing a tray filled with cold glasses of water. “Harry, Kara that was a nice session, son, why don’t you try a round with me?” she asked. She had seen the spar and Kara’s experiment, realizing Harry might be stronger and tougher than he looks, at least physically. His powers were mind boggling and awe inspiring to behold when he used them. Harry grabbed a glass and drained it and walked towards the center of the deck and said “Bring it on mum.” Diana smiled and took of her sarong, her powerful beautiful body showed in her two piece swimsuit. Her body was the perfect female specimen, as she walked towards the deck, her rippling muscles hardened by combat showed while her soft womanly curves finished her picture perfect body. “I noticed that you were lasting more with Bruce, and since I cannot defeat your father without using my full strength, I think this will be a fair fight Harry.” She said and Harry nodded, appreciating the time her mother made for him for his training.


Diana, knowing that her son could take a hit, ran full sprint and threw a powerful kick to his torso, and Harry evaded by stepping to the side and sending a kick of his own, which was blocked by his mother’s arm. They rolled into the wooden deck and positioned themselves again. Suddenly Harry moved and ducked a swing and launched a sweeping kick on Diana’s legs, sending her to the deck. Before he could follow through with a blow to her mid section, Diana rolled and jumped up again and punched him in the chest, but Harry saw it and crossed his arms to absorb the blow. He moved back a few meters, his bare feet sliding along the wood, but he kept his balance. Diana nodded in approval, that was a strong punch she sent, and her son just absorbed it. He might not be as strong as her Amazonian strength, but considering his Lantern powers and his still developing magical skill, he would be a force to be reckoned with in the galaxy one day.


Harry knew that his mum had more experience in fighting than him, and she had spent countless hours sparing with Bruce, the league’s acknowledged foremost expert in martial arts skill. He would try this move he saw his dad make and ran full sprint at Diana. When Diana launched a fist at him he jumped over her head and flipped forward, landing behind his mother. He kicked backwards and felt his right foot connect with the small of her back. he turned around and leapt at Diana’s fallen form, pinning her to the ground, with his thighs one each side of her back.


“You yield mum?” he asked, breathing heavily and heard Diana laugh, and then say “Bruce hasn’t taught you about Amazonian fighting styles Harry? Well you will learn your lesson now.” He suddenly felt hands grip his thighs, and felt his world tumble. The next thing he knew, his mother was pinning him on the ground, with both of his wrists pinned with a strong arm with her heavy butt sitting at his stomach, her long legs folded in either side of him. He heard Kara laugh and shot her a mocking glare, then turned back to his mother. Diana’s eyes was twinkled with amusement, while she breathed heavily with the rush of adrenalin, before finally settling down. She still hadn’t let him go.


“The number one rule about Amazonians, is to never grapple with one on the ground. We get our strength from the earth, and have developed our fighting techniques from the earth. We are dangerous even lying on the ground, as you saw now. Even Bruce has a hard time winning against me in grappling.” She lectured.


Harry struggled for a bit before finally saying mum, lemme go, you’re heavy. Diana’s eyes widened for a bit before saying, “Are you telling me that I’m fat?” Harry’s eyes widened and said “No mum, your gorgeous, but let me go now, getting a bit irritated, he didn’t like feeling helpless and pinned to the ground. Diana pouted and he groaned, his irritation vanishing instantly at her pouting look. He got an idea to get her off him, short of using his powers. He smiled innocently and said “Mum, can you give me a baby sister?” He instantly felt the hands gripping him loosen and he got to his elbows, and to get her weight off him, tickled her in the ribs, her weak ticklish spot.


Harry tugged on his collar, the heat was stifling in Marseilles, but appropriate attire was required as his dad met with an important client. Harry wore a white long sleeved polo shirt and khaki slacks, while Diana wore an off white dress that looped around her long neck. Bruce was as usual on his standard Black business suit, not even bothered by the heat. Upon Harry’s insistence Kara came, wearing a lovely sun dress and a hat and shades to shield her eyes from the sun’s glare. The four of them walked towards a function room, in one of the villas and saw a family of four sitting comfortably around a large dining table.


“Dad, they are magical” Harry whispered, he noticed the allure of veela charm slamming into his Occlumency shields. He wasn’t worried about his Dad though, he read in the book that a Veela’s alluring charm can be resisted by a man of strong will, and his dad has the strongest he had ever known.


Their host consisted of a man with graying hair and a beard wearing a grey suit. His wife was beside him, and she obviously had veela through her since Harry could fell the charm emanating mostly from her. She was beautiful harry conceded, but he preferred strong women like his mother and his Kara. this woman looked like she would faint at the first signs of trouble, but he remembered that looks can be deceiving. The two girls were obviously her daughters, and he could sense a faint Veela charm from them. The older girl was about Kara’s age, looking curiously at them, and a small cute girl around 6, carrying her small doll. These were the Delacours, real estate moguls in Europe, and they were about to enter business with the Wayne group of companies.
“Greetings, Mr. Bruce Wayne, and guests, I am thrilled to finally meet you in person. I am Gerard Delacour, your host. Allow me to introduce you to my wife, Appoline Delacour, my daughters Fleur and Gabrielle.” Gerard said and as he said their names, the ladies stood up and curtsied, even little Gabrielle.

“A pleasure, Mr. Delacour, allow me to introduce you to My wife Diana Wayne, and my son and heir, Harry Wayne with his girlfriend, Kara Zorel.” Bruce said and Diana gave a respectful nod, Amazons do not curtsy and Kara followed her lead, removing her shades and hat, tossing her blond hair.


Mr. Delacour invited everyone to seat and soon they were being served refreshments and appetizers brought in by servants. Before pleasantries began, Bruce raised the topic bugging him since Harry informed him a minute ago. His contacts did not know of the Delacour’s magical background.


“I must confess that I was surprised when my son informed me that you are magical” Bruce said, his voice betraying nothing of his emotions. Gerard widened his eyes and exchanged surprised looks with his wife and daughter. “How did your son know? Is he magical too?” He asked, looking at Harry. “I detected the veela charm from Mademoiselle, and from her daughters.” Harry spoke in French, and nodding to Mrs. Delacour and the two girls.


Appoline Delacour smiled and answered in English “Ah yes, the mysterious Wayne Heir, finally delighted to meet you. I am impressed though that you are not enthralled?”


“Only a weak minded could be enthralled, and a man with a strong will and Occlumency Shields could resist the full blast from a Full Veela.” Harry replied. Apolline smiled as she gazed at Harry in admiration, the boy had manners, spoke perfect French and has occlumency shields!


“I assure you, Mr. Wayne that we do not intend to use our powers in any way in our business. Magic and business do not mix well in the muggle world.” Gerard said, and Bruce nodded, indicating that he accepted the apology for not telling him they were magical. There were laws too in the Magical World, forbidding wizards to reveal themselves to the non magical population.


“While our husbands speak business, do you want to retire to our garden? The air is much cooler and pleasant.” Appoline suggested and Harry and Diana nodded. Since the meeting has now settled into an informal one, Harry unbuttoned the top of his shirt to let cool air in. They sat around a large table for 8, and the two wives began to chat among themselves, leaving Harry and Kara looking at the Delacour sisters.


“You go to Salem then, Monsieur Wayne?” Fleur asked and Harry replied, “No mademoiselle, I study at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Call me Harry, Ms Delcour.” “And call me Fleur then” she said, grinning. She rarely met proper boys who were cultured and smart, and most of all immune to her veela charm. It was terrible though as he was already taken, she might have persuaded her parents to offer his parents a betrothal contract. Still, she wanted him for a friend, since they were so few who could refuse her Veela charm. She turned to his girlfriend and said “Bonjour Ms. Zorel, you are very lucky.” Kara grinned at this. She understood that the French bird was now backing off from her interest with her boyfriend and replied “I am very lucky, call me Kara, Fleur. Harry here is special” she ruffled his hair with affection. “How long have you two known each other?” She asked curiously and Harry replied as he arranged back his hair “Seven years. We started to officially date last week.”

“Congratulations then” Fleur said to Kara and they began to gossip, and occasionally laughing at teenage girly things.
Harry noticed Gabrielle playing alone by herself and he seated himself beside her. “Hello little flower, what are you doing?” he asked in French and the girl happily answered in French, ”Playing with my doll, her name is Francine, but she has no playmate. Mama locked my dolls for today since we have guests, and only allowed me to bring Francine.” Harry shook his head and drew out his wand with a flick of the wrist. “We do not want Francine to be lonely now do we?” He asked and the little girl nodded empathically. Looking around, he saw a napkin made of cloth bundled it. He gave his wand a flick for this complex transfiguration and the piece of cloth transformed into a doll, with long blond hair and wearing a dress similar to Gabrielle’s. “Merci! She is beautiful!” Gabrielle cried out happily as she hugged her new doll, it look just like her. “Yes she is beautiful, just like you” Harry said, glad to make the girl feel Happy. Gabrielle blushed at his praise and gave him a very cute smile. Harry transfigured the pepper and salts shaker into a few more toys for Gabrielle, animating them for a clapping cute little girl.


Fleur was translating what she heard from Harry and her sister’s conversation to Kara and finally said.”He is too smooth with women, he is very charming and kind. I wonder how he managed to resist the females of Hogwarts” Kara looked worried and said “Yeah, his close friends there are two girls, and I think they both have a crush on him, I don’t know about the rest of the school though. But I am not worried, I know my Harry, and if there’s one thing he does, he always keeps his word. And he promised me that we will stay together always.” “Avery lucky girl indeed, I am getting jealous” she grinned and they both laughed as Kara swatted her lightly on the shoulder.


“I fear that your son has captured my daughter’s heart.”Apolline looked at the Wayne heir and her daughter laughing. Gabrielle got off from her seat and climbed into Harry Wayne’s lap to see the magic up close, and Harry held her securely before waving his wand. Diana looked on proudly and said “He is very charming, but honorable. He likes to help people and does not expect them to return the favor. He is favored by the Gods.”


************

Daphne Greengrass was excited as she walked with her mother towards the airport. She would spend her whole summer in Gotham with Hermione, as Mr. and Mrs. Wayne invited them. Mrs. Astoria Greengrass declined however, and so did Hermione’s parents as they have work in their Dental office, summer being the top season for the dentists.


She saw Hermione in the far corner hugging her mum goodbye, and she turned to her own mother. After assurances of behaving herself and writing letters, she hugged her mum and walked towards Hermione standing beside Mrs. Granger. “Good morning Mrs. Granger” Daphne said to her and Emma smiled and said, “Good morning Daphne, are you ready for the flight?” Daphne nodded and said “I have all my things packed, I’m just waiting for the person Harry said in our letter would contract us.”


Mrs. Granger nodded and suddenly saw a young man with blond hair approach them. she turned to him and said “Yes? Can I help you?” the man seemed friendly enough, with an athletic slim build and a boyish grin. The man nodded and showed her a card. “Are you by chance Hermione Granger and Daphne Greengrass? Harry asked me to look out for two girls, a brunette and a redhead, I guess it’s you then huh?” he asked and the girls nodded. Mrs .Granger looked at him suspiciously but Wally sensed this and said “It’s alright Mrs. Granger, I’ll take care of these ladies, and don’t worry I know they can do their mumbo jumbo. If you want, you can accompany as up to the plane?” Emma nodded and smiled, reassured that this person indeed knew Harry Wayne. This Wally also knew of Magic and she agreed and said “That will be wonderful, Wally, lead the way then.” Wally saluted and turned around smartly causing Hermione and Daphne to giggle. They found the man charming, but not as charming as Harry.


After five minutes of walking past the main airports structure, they an open ended van towards a small plane that looked similar in shape and design to the huge hypersonic get they had flown during the Yule holidays. “This is my baby, the Hypersonic V/STOL personal jet. Climb in.” patting the a sleek wing of the plane. Looking unsure, Hermione gave her mom a last hug and boarded the small cabin, followed by Daphne. Hermione looked to the open window and saw her mum back on the jeep hitching a ride back to the airport. She asked “Don’t we have to taxi to the runway? And what does VSTOL mean?” “Just sit back girls, because this bird climbs steeper than your ordinary hypersonic space capable plane.” He joked then continued. “Now who wants to seat beside the pilot seat?”


“Isn’t that illegal?” Hermione asked, looking around fearfully at the sleek controls. “I will!” Daphne said and buckled up beside Wally. Hermione taught her how to do this last Yule and she showed her properly buckled and adjusted seatbelt. Hermione grinned, her hesitation losing out on curiosity. Wally punched a few buttons and the engine roared to life, whining in a high pitch. After listening to flight control and getting the clear signal, Wally moved the engine to full power and they started to move. “Were going to taxi to that far runway?” Hermione asked, she saw the long line of various types of plane waiting their chance to take off. “Just you wait Hermione” Wally said, chuckling, before moving the power thrust to maximum and pressing a lever near his left hand. A metallic sound was heard and Hermione and Daphne looked around fearfully, and suddenly, they felt their altitude climbing as their guts were left on the ground. Hermione and Daphne gave each other last looks before they screamed, while Wally gunned the controls and the plane ascended rapidly into the clouds, at an insane 60 degrees of climbing angle.


Mrs. Granger looked back and saw the plane move slowly, and once clear of the helicopters, four nozzles that were hidden suddenly came out. “It couldn’t be” she thought, and soon the plane’s nozzles fired blue thrusts of flame into the ground and it started to gain altitude while hovering. Barely 100 feet into the air when it’s after burners kicked in and it soon disappeared into the clouds. ‘That was like a fighter jet’ she thought, and suddenly felt worried about Hermione as she really did not like heights. She tolerated plane rides, as they were necessary and gentle, but this would scare her senseless. Poor girl she chuckled.

Wally hid his chuckles by biting the inside of his cheeks. He looked as his co pilot and she shared the same expression, only she was stuffing her fist into her mouth to prevent from laughing. They both heard more sniffling and blowing of a nose with tissue as Hermione sniffled again, looking at the window. “I’m sorry Hermione, I even made it slower! Harry usually begs me to take it to mach 1 at take offs at a 60 degree ascent angle!” Wally said, trying to comfort the scared girl. She had kept on screaming “WERE GONNA DIE! DAPH WERE GONNA DIE!OH FUCKEEEEEEE” As the small plane ascended like a fighter jet on a dogfight. Daphne kept on yelling, but it was more for the thrill and excitement. Hermione didn’t feel sick though, she really was just scared the panties out of her.
Daphne looked on the gauges that Wally explained to her. they were cruising at mach 1 at 40,00 feet. She heard again some mutterings of her friend and listened, thoroughly amused. “Vstol! Humph! Vertical take off and landing my ass! Just wait until I tell Harry what that cheeky fellow did to me!” Hermione muttered, slightly calming by ranting. Daphne looked at Wally and received a roll of the eyes that meant another nagger, and she nodded in understanding and mouthed “Me too!”


“Whose yours?” Daphne mouthed and Wally replied “Harry’s mom!” it was a totally silent conversation, but Hermione caught on and said “You look stupid Daphne.”


“I never did ask where we are headed” Hermione said as she munched on a sandwich that freshly stocked inside the small fridge. Wally offered them his sandwiched that he himself made, and Hermione really, really liked it, making her irritation and embarrassment vanish like the clouds they passed quickly. “The French Riviera, Mediterranean. You brought swimming clothes right?” Wally asked the girls. He approved of Harry’s tastes in friends, the girls were very smart and kind, and that Daphne had a wicked sense of humor, while Hermione had great taste and sense in the culinary arts.


“Yeah, Hermione helped me shop while we were in Gotham. Good thing I got it too, as I didn’t know if I would be able to use it this summer.” Daphne said. “Wow” Hermione said looking outside as they descended from their higher altitude and slowed down their speed. They looked at the glittering waters of the Mediterranean and saw small yachts moving slowly. “Where are we staying?” Hermione asked and Wally smiled and said, “You’ll see” He wanted to see the reactions on their faces when they saw the Warrior. “Were near, buckle up girls” he said and they quickly obeyed. They slowed down further until they were nearly hovering, until they approached a huge white ship moving at a steady pace. “Merlin” Daphne breathed out, as the Warrior gracefully sailed across, its top most deck that was covered in tarmac occupied with two parked helicopters and a third spot reserved for Wally’s plane.


They were speechless, totally gob smacked, not believing that they would spend their summer on a ship! “And Harry said that was a yacht? Bit of an understatement isn’t it?” Hermione said. The small plane slowly hovered and then lowered itself gently, and she saw from her window Harry and Kara running across the decks to reach them. Daphne and Hermione collected their luggage and Wally opened the door. The bright hot sun greeted them, and smell of the sea awakened their senses. Daphne and Hermione rushed out to greet their friend when they both stopped looking at Harry running towards them. He had a magnificent tan, and he didn’t have a shirt which caused both girls to swallow. They looked at each other to confirm that this was not an illusion and looked back as Harry said “Daph! Hermione! Welcome aboard!” he approached Daphne first, ready for a hug as she steadily looked at his sweaty fine body. This summer is going to be great was her last thought before being engulfed by strong arms.

********
A/N: This is a Harry/Kara fic. Apollo/Supergirl HArry Wayne/Kara ZorEl
reviews? comments? suggestions?
Sign up to rate and review this story