Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 4: True power

by bluminous 21 reviews

new developments

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-03-26 - Updated: 2009-03-26 - 7591 words

5Exciting
Harry Potter and the Power of Oa
By Bluminous
A/N I don’t own Harry Potter or Dc comics.

Thanks for the reviews.
Guess what country I’m from and whose right i'll send chapter 5.



Chapter 4: True power


The limousine rolled past the old trees along the road to Wayne Manor. Harry’s guests look outside the windows to see an old mansion standing on top of a cliff, with huge gardens at the front. Harry couldn’t wait to get out of the car as he eagerly anticipated seeing his Family for the first time in months. The car rolled to a stop, and Harry didn’t even wait for the chauffer to open the door, he opened it and ran towards Diana, hugging her tightly. He was hugged in turn, before moving on to Bruce and hugging him too.

“Oh Harry you’ve grown so much!” Diana said as she examined her son. Harry didn’t notice, but for Diana the last time she hugged Harry his head reached her bosom, now it was reaching her shoulders. The other guests got out of the car and slowly approached the Wayne Family. Harry stepped back and introduced each of them, and Bruce and Diana greeted them warmly.

“Let us retire to the parlor while we let the children play? I’m sure Harry would show Hermione and Daphne their rooms, and Alfred will take care of your luggage.” Diana suggested. The adults nodded, and Astoria carrying a tired Alona walked into the parlor to wind down from the travel.

As Harry eagerly led his friends to their rooms, he heard a loud scream of “HAREEEEEE!” he eagerly turned, knowing it was his best friend and , with his arms wide open as someone tackled him to the ground, making him give a small “ooff!” Kara was hugging him and he hugged her tight in return.

“Hey Kara, I missed you!” Harry said softly, his voice muffled by her hair.

“You’ve been gone too long Harry, I don’t know if I could take much more…” Kara said seriously before continuing “It’s so boring! Jonn’s not really a conversationalist, no matter how hard I tried.” She raised her head to look at his face.

“Kara have you met my classmates?” he said, and his eyes flashed a bit, telling her civilians were inside the mansion.

“Oh! Right, Diana told me about that!” she stood up and gave Harry a hand and then turned to the two girls. “I remember you girls, in the bookshop right, uhmmm Hermione and Daphne?” she asked hesitantly.


Daphne and Hermione nodded with small smiles, and Daphne spoke extending a hand. “Kara Zorel right?” Kara nodded and happily shook her hand and then Hermione’s. “C’mon, Harry’s showing you your room’s right? Let’s go!” Kara said cheerfully her spirits were up now that her old playmate and best friend was back.

Kara led them to the second floor of the east wing, where four doors were lined alternately along the large hallway. “This is Harry’s door” indicating double doors and pointed at the others “That’s mine” she said pointing the door next to Harry’s which caused Daphne to raise her eyebrow, behind Kara’s back. "And those are yours for the holiday" she indicated the remaining two doors on the opposite side of the Hallway. “Me and Harry have some catching up to do now, why don’t you girls rest a bit before dinner?”

She asked, smiling, her elbow now locked with Harry’s indicating that she won’t let go, while Harry smiled, missing Kara’s antics. The two girls nodded and entered their own rooms, and Kara pushed Harry into his room locking the door and then hugging him again.

Harry knew this was the true Kara showing her real emotions, she only showed it to him. Supergirl always kept a strong face and a cheery disposition to her fellow league members, appearing strong and reliable like Superman. Harry heard sniffling and felt tears drop to his neck, where Kara’s cheek was currently pressed. “Hey Kara I’m here now see?” he said. I know we’ve missed each other terribly… I tell you what, every week after the Holidays I’ll hang out at the watch tower, I’ll sneak out at night or weekends, how about that?” he said, trying to comfort his best friend.


“Yeah that’s a big improvement” she said, wiping her tears and face on Harry’s shirt and pretended to blow her nose. “Hey! Kara!!!” Harry groaned. She shrieked and ran outside, and he growled running after her. “Just you wait when I catch you!!!” He yelled.

Hermione heard a knock on her door, she opened it and saw Daphne. “Hey Daphne! Isn’t this room amazing! It’s Victorian era! That’s my favorite… what’s wrong? She asked, finally noticing Daphne’s worried face. Daphne said nothing, she entered the room and sat on the bed. Hermione closed the door and said to her “Is this about his best friend? Kara” she asked and Daphne nodded.”I know she’s Harry’s closest and longest friend, and Daph, c’mon were too young to be thinking like this. We don’t even have boobs yet!” Hermione said, trying to make her friend laugh.

“Kara does though” Daphne said and she let her back fall to the soft bed. Hermione agreed that girl has a great figure, and she’s only fifteen! “Look, you can’t force these things Daphne, you can’t rush them. If things are destined to work out, then good. If not, let’s just learn to accept it, ok?” Daphne finally nodded, and Hermione sighed with relief. She thought Daph would go bitchy on her. They heard a loud shriek and they moved to window seeing a Harry they have never seen before. The Harry they knew was aloof most of the times, caring, and when angered quite scary. But he was always in control, and now they watch Harry completely at ease. They wished Harry would be that comfortable enough with them to drop his guard down.

On the grounds among the grass, they saw the 15 year old girl laughing as she lied on her back on the ground as Harry tickled her without mercy. “Use me as a tissue paper will you?” They heard Harry say. Harry then put a finger in his mouth and coated it in saliva, then stuck in inside Kara’s ear. “Ewwww” Daphne and Hermione both said, watching in amusement. They saw Harry get pinned down by the bigger girl by pinning her knees on either side of his torso, sitting on his stomach, as she rubbed Harry’s hair, causing it to shoot in different directions. The two stopped rough housing and Kara lied down beside Harry, holding his hand.

Hermione and Daphne moved away from the window and both sat down on a bench in the balcony, watching Harry and Kara from their position. “What would you do if your best friend’s suddenly gone for four months? Someone you’re very close to, growing up together?” Hermione asked. Daphne got the point and said “I get what you mean Hermione, to think of it I look like a greedy bitch, wanting to monopolize Harry’s time. This holiday’s not only for us but for reunions and old friends”

“Ten points to Ravenclaw” Hermione joked and soon both girls got into a pillow fight.

****************


Harry was walking around the ground with Alona on his back; he was giving her a piggy back ride while the girls looked on with amusement. They had watched a beautiful sunset from the cliff as the sun sunk beneath Gotham bay, and stars started appearing in the darkening sky.

The group had just finished dinner and were now preparing to retire for the night. Bruce and Diana had gone straight to watchtower, as it were their shift tonight. Harry went inside his room and was already wearing his pajamas when Jonn’s voice said an omega alert is now identified in his earpiece.


Knowing omega alert means an imminent threat to world destruction, all active and inactive league members should report to the watchtower immediately, and members in current assignments who were not in the process of saving a life were required to appear. All junior leaguers were also required to return. Knowing the teleporters would be packed with incoming heroes responding to the threat; he walked out of his room and knocked on Kara’s door. She opened it, wearing a pink bathrobe. He spotted the red cape sticking out and gave Kara a nod. Kara went to her balcony window and let it open, the feel of the wind rushing towards the room. Harry transformed to his Apollo attire, now complete with eye mask. He enveloped Kara with a green life support and they both leaped out if the window, two green streaks flying up into the sky.

Jonn was on the raised platform, silently watching as the crowds of superheroes before him get larger and larger. The situation was dire, and it was no accident, this had been done on purpose, intent on destroying Earth. Some of the league looked like they just got off from bed, and the other bloody and sweaty, having abandoned their missions for this greater threat. When he sensed 95% of the league was present, he began to speak.

“As of now, 4 meteors, each size of Texas approaches, each could destroy billions of lives and together, the total annihilation of Earth” The league watch the computer generated images and projected course, it looked like one would hit California state. “There is also some troubling news, the meteors are composed of Kryptonite crystals, and this appears that it has been done intentionally. The league will investigate this AFTER the threat has been neutralized.”

We will form into 4 teams, Superman will lead team 1, Wonderwoman team 2, I will lead team 3, and Captain Atom will lead 4. Batman would coordinate with the Military with a final salvo of ballistic missiles for any smaller asteroid. He would be stationed in the batwing to coordinate our efforts.

Let us depart now, space suits are in dock 5, Javelins 1 – 20 are available. Leaders to your teammates. The league walked away hurriedly, grim determination on their faces. Superman, with his now Lead fibered Costume, donned the Lead Space Suit designed especially for him. Even though he is now wearing it, he knew that a Meteor that big generates a massive amount of radiation. He could not get too close.

Apollo and Supergirl approached Watchtower 1 within minutes, and Apollo said to his intercom “Apollo to watchtower, Apollo and Supergirl approaching, open the dock pls.”

“Welcome Apollo and Supergirl” the technician’s voice said and the massive dock doors opened and they flew inside, to find that the meeting was finished, with Robin sitting Jonn’s seat, directing technicians who were communicating with the league. “Hey Robin, They left already?”Harry asked as he walked into the command center. They were given the same briefing, and Jonn’s final instructions were for Apollo and Supergirl to report to Batman, forming as team 5. They both nodded and Kara donned her lead spacesuit before flying off headed to the Batwing’s beacon.


Superman approached the ominous Meteor, when he was a few hundred feet, he stopped. He could already sense the Kryptonite Radiation. His special suit allowed him to fire his heat vision, and did so, and team mates taking this as a signal to start the mission.’ This is too massive’ he thought,’ it would reach the earth intact if we keep going at this pace.’

Wonderwoman and her team struck the meteor head on, but it was just too massive and it had too much momentum. “Great Hera” she said, but she labored on.

Jonn Jones watched impassively as his team mates surveyed the geography of the meteor, after working of calculations in his mind, he directed them mentally, showing them what was their objective. They began to dig a trench at a cliff. He looked at Captain Atom and gave a nod.

Captain Atom saw Jonn’s plan, and ordered the same to his teammates, sending Wonder woman and Superman his plans. The four leaders coordinated, borrowing special team members with power to blast holes or sends energy to create a chasm. It was tough, the kryptonite and rock proved difficult to cut through.

“Affirmative, I understand”, Batman said, and he turned to the two superheroes flying beside him on each wing. He ordered, “Supergirl, fly to the Wayne Space Industries and recover four thermo blast devices, talk to Mr. Fox. Go.” Kara nodded and flew down, to the atmosphere, disappearing.

“Apollo, you stay with me, we will monitor the Leader’s progress on how deep their fracture points are on the Meteors. You will help on the one that is lagging behind, understood?” Batman said and Harry nodded.


“Leaders report your progress.”

“Superman. 600 feet”

“Jonn Jones. 650 feet”

“Captain atom 450 feet”

“Wonder Woman, 200 feet”

“Apollo, help Wonder Woman and then leave when her fracture hole reaches the required 10,000 feet, understood?” Batman asked, and Harry nodded. He heard a faint voice in his ear that said “take care son” as he flew away.

Diana took deep breaths as she looked on desperately, the surface of these meteors was tough, and it was slow work. Her main disadvantage was she had few in her team that had range energy blasts; most of them use physical force in their assignments. “Wonderwoman, clear the area pls.” She heard her son’s voice and saw a green beam of light approaching. “Thank the Gods! Apollo!” she cried, and ordered them to evacuate and to help with the rock and crystal that would be displaced with Apollo’s incoming attack. “Dad sent me Mum”, Harry said. As the target was clear, he wound back his arm as if preparing to punch and then thrusted his arm to the target. Green energy erupted from his hand and struck the hole fracture they were trying to deepen, and soon boulders and rocks flew, with the team members moving them away so as not to interrupt Apollo’s blast. “At this rate were going to finish the objective first.” She thought.


Kara came through Batman’s video screen. She was using Mr. Fox communication link, he knew Batman’s real identity, having supplied him with his very first weapons and gadgets. “Can you send a Javelin here? I don’t want the thermo devices burning up and damaging them in my ascent to the atmosphere.” Supergirl asked. “Agreed, directing one now” Batman said, pushing a few consoles and he looked at the flight of Javelins behind his wing, one disengaged and headed to earth.


Batman heard his son’s voice through the comlink “Apollo to Batman, Team 2 has reached the objective.”

“Affirmative. Direct Team 2 to help the others, they are also nearing the objectives. Have Wonder Woman report here, and I need you to escort Supergirl and her delivery. Protect it with outmost care.” Batman replied, relieved. He was worried now about the smaller meteors that would fall to the earth. He hoped the defense line with his Batwing and twenty Javelins was enough to tackle them.


“This is Flight leader of the Russian space wing Major Kashleninkov , we are here as you requested. How can we be of service, Batman” Batman heard from his cockpit. He looked to see 15 Spaceships that looked like modified mig 21s, their wings jam packed with high tech missiles. “Greetings Major Kashleninkov, have your entire stand beside my flight of javelins. The explosions would start in an hour, and we need to protect earth from the smaller fragments.” Batman replied in Russian. “The Russian Major replied and said “Affirmative Comrade Commander”


Batman saw a massive shuttle was seen rising from the earth’s gravity well, until it finally broke out of earth’s gravity. Its cargo bays opened revealing harnessed space fighters on its hull that looked like modified F25 air force jets. “This is Mission Leader Captain Wade Johnson, We are here as requested. How can we help?” Batman repeated his orders, and soon they had a flotilla of 55 space fighters. More countries had sent help, China and the European Union sending their force of 10 fighter interceptors, and Japan contributing 3 fighters. Various countries now have prepared none nuclear ballistic capable missiles ready, awaiting targets.

********************

Hermione woke up at 7am and went down to the huge kitchen for some breakfast, when she saw her parents, and Mrs. Greengrass watching the news with concern. Daphne and Alona were eating, but were looking confused as they did not yet understand the gravity of the situation.
She heard CNN repeating again the breaking news “A Force of International Space fighters stand ready as four massive kryptonite Meteors the each size of Texas approaches earth. As you can see here in this video, the Justice League had spent 8 hours drilling massive holes deep into these Meteors, and are loading four massive bombs into the holes. This explosion would deflect the Meteors from collision; while the international force of space fighters will intercept any large enough fragments that will not burn up from the atmosphere.” She was stunned at the news and sat down, looking wide eyed. Thank God for the Justice League. She continued watching the videos taken by an orbiting media satellite, and zoomed in on the awaiting space force, and at the center was Batman’s Batwing space capable fighter interceptor, leading the force. A Glowing figure floated beside Batwing. Hermione gasped out loud.
“What is it honey?” Emma Granger asked and Hermione pointed at the screen. “The green lantern corps is back! That’s a Green Lantern! She said pointing at the figure. Sadly the picture was not detailed enough to show the face, but the Lantern was humanoid in shape.
Astoria Greengrass was still shocked. A threat against the whole earth? Planet wide destruction? She watched the screen where the space force sat silently like a guard, conserving fuel. Wizards were more ignorant than she thought, including her. She was thankful though that muggles had become powerful enough to stop these huge mountains heading towards earth. She admitted then that wizards did not have the capability to protect themselves from that threat. Muggles were even protecting their world, and they had no Magic. Wizard kind was weaker, she realized.

“What’s going on Hermione?” Daphne asked, while Alona played with her food. The adults were too busy to scold her. Hermione explained, recalling their earlier conversation when Harry pointed out the group of lights as the Watchtower, base of operation of the Justice League. She explained what was happening now and what the league and the earth’s muggles was doing, combining their forces to counter this global threat of annihilation. Once Daphne understood the gravity of what was happening, she grew scared and looked for Harry. “Where’s Harry” she asked, and her mother answered. “Alfred their butler informed me this morning that they left for a family emergency” Astoria added. “And we will not be the only guests in the mansion; Harry’s grandmother is coming to visit with a few friends.

**************
“That’s the last” Captain Atom said, he was the one that delivered all four bombs, having the most experience in space flight. Two hours before collision, the league was now divided in two, crowd control and rescue, and interception in space. Most of the senior league was in space, with the young ones like Robin, Supergirl and Apollo watching from their perch at a hill in Malibu where they were assigned. Harry insisted she wear her spacesuit, and Kara grudgingly admitted, despite its horrible crimes against fashion. Batman lent Robin a batwing, so he could keep up with his two team mates. The three watched in anticipation, looking at the skies.

Superman and Batman nodded, and Batman pressed the detonation buttons. Four consecutive explosions took place; superheated balls of gas in the sides of the Meteors, making them break apart into smaller pieces. Three of the meteors drifted off course, but the fourth one broke in half, one of the parts still headed to earth. The Broken part was significantly smaller, but it could still cause massive destruction, and it headed towards earth, with it hundreds and hundreds of house sized meteor fragments from the other three meteors, all headed to earth. The League moved, letting the space armada launch their first volley of missiles. Explosions rocked the field as the missiles exploded, and hundreds of smaller balls of explosion littered the space. They would concentrate on the big one.

Batman swerved to avoid a collision, and saw from his cockpit several smaller meteors heading down towards China. Several intercontinental ballistic missiles were seen from various parts of the globe, plumes of their vapor trails showed were they came from, intercepting meteors the size of houses or bigger. Batman hit the target lock and vaporized a meteor with his space cannons. Most of the League’s range attack members poured everything they got into the huge meteor, it was shrinking, as chunks of rocks flew off from its surface, but they were too late, as its head started to heat up, entering the earth’s gravity. Where that thing was headed would cause a massive Tsunami and Bruce computed its trajectory. The ground zero would be at San Francisco, California. He contacted Harry. “Harry try to evacuate as many people as you can along the beach, but get away, from the blast zone, target is San Francisco, California”
Supergirl and Robin also heard the transmission, and started evacuating the beach goers. It seemed that people wanted to spend their last moments on the beach when there was a huge meteor coming at them. A white trail of light appeared and saw that it was the Meteor, headed to San Francisco. Billions would die now, millions if they were lucky.

Harry looked at Kara’s face and the thousands of beach goers pointing at the streak of light. He knew what he had to do, and concentrated on his center, as Kat taught him. He would need his strongest attack for this, and he knew that it was dangerous.

Kara was about to order Harry to evacuate the beach goers, she was a full league member, when she saw green streaks of light catching her eye. She turned and gasped, as she looked at Harry. He was crouched, bent at the knees, and his arms were halfway raised, hands crunched into fists. He was gritting his teeth, and even though his eyes were close, trickles of energy escaped the lid. His hair was flying madly, as were his clothes, as if he was in the middle of a tornado.

She had never seen Harry like this, she knew that he was strong, from the stories the league passed around. She stepped back, as she felt waves of power begin to emanate from him. The clouds above him begin to swirl, as the skies darkened. massing over one another, pulled by this vortex of power. Then Kara knew why Harry was doing this, and started shouting. “You can’t do it alone Harry!... I won’t let you!” She screamed! She took a step forward, intent on holding him down; she was powerful in her own right. But she suddenly couldn’t move, as if someone petrified her and only her head was not, she looked around looking for the source of the magic. She focused her attentions again to Apollo. “Please Harry…” she said over the howling wind.

Suddenly Apollo took a mighty leap and disappeared, leaving a trail of green energy from where he left. Soon Cameras captured an image that would be forever ingrained in the minds of the viewers.


Kara watched helplessly as she saw the Green light, Harry approach the trailing white fireball. She could suddenly move, and from beside her Dr. Fate appeared. “Why did you stop me?” she said, clenching her fists. She was too late to stop Harry now, he was too far away. “It is his fate, his destiny, as is yours to stand here and witness this true display of cosmic might”
Kara nodded, and decided to report what was happening to Diana. She regretted it later, she should have chosen Bruce, and her eardrums might have survived. She was confident though, her best friend was powerful, the most powerful being she had ever met. She was still worried though, it was not every your best friend faced a mountain of Kryptonite crystals and rock to save earth from destruction.

Harry moved closer and closer to his objective. His body was feeling it like was on fire, cold fire that licked his body as it surged through him. He gritted his teeth and pushed faster, ever faster. He raised both his arms, intent on combining his might on his fists. This was what power was all about he thought. To protect your friends and loved ones you become stronger. And he thought of his family, his friends, Kara, and this gave him heart, and a steely determination. The burning meteor was a few feet now, and he yelled.

It was almost not enough, It was a good thing he added extra power at the last moment, or else he would not have broken through completely. He felt an explosion, and his body was blown away, flying into an uncontrolled flight, then, his body exhausted, he lost consciousness.

Kara saw the green light pierce the Meteor like a lance, bursting at the other side and creating a mighty booming sound. She cheered, Harry had done it. The meteor’s interior now a mess, it collapsed into itself, before exploding in mid air. Kara did not watch this, her eyes were trained on the green light, her super vision trailing Apollo like a hawk. She gasped when she saw his body flung away from the explosion. His green aura thinned, and then disappeared, and he began to fall. She gasped and jumped off the hill and flew faster and more furious, not caring that glass windows shattered in her wake. She reached Harry on time, and cradled her best friend on her arms. “You noble idiot” she said as she looked fondly at his face, before flying off to Gotham.

Hermione was glued to the telly watching the Global crisis episode reported by BBC. She did not like the one in CNN, they always give their own opinions and exaggerated the stories, totally irritating her. The British female anchor spoke after their traditional commercial break.
“The Global Crisis has just ended, with the amazing display of unity from all countries. The smaller meteors have caused isolated events of fire, and destruction of property, the majority have been shot down by the Justice League and the International Space Force. Ballistic missiles from countries that have the capability sent a volley of non nuclear missiles over China, intercepting majority of its meteors and preventing wide spread destruction. China’s premier thanks these countries, and vowed more cooperation with the rest of its neighbors.”

“A problem occurred during the 18 hour operation, when the fourth large meteor had broken in half from the planted explosion. Instead of drifting away from earth, it had moved faster into the earth’s orbit. If it had hit earth, a global tsunami would have engulfed most of the human population, sending widespread death and destruction, and famine from corrupted farmlands.”

“The Justice League in space attempted to deflect it, but with little progress. Fortunately they have a backup force in earth. A Green Lantern, from the now defunct Green Lanterns Corps has intercepted the meteor 2 kilometers from the earth’s surface, piercing it through causing it to explode.”

“The Green Lantern’s identity was not unknown, and Superman refused to comment. “

A clip was shown of the amazing event, as the green lantern pierced through the huge meteor, and when it exploded it threw the Green Lantern away. The telephoto lenses captured the event, and as the green lantern that looked like a young man fell through the sky, he was rescued by Supergirl, and they both disappeared into the horizon.
“In other news, an investigation of who sent these...” Hermione turned off the power and ran towards Daphne. They were safe!

Harry woke up and saw the concerned face of Kara and Diana looking over him. He smiled, and said “I did it right?” “That’s right you did it!” He heard Clark’s voice, and he turned to see him in his Daily Planet costume smiling at him.”Way to go Harry” he said, still smiling. He looked around realizing he was in the batcave. Diana hugged him suddenly and gently scolded him and Kara did the Kryptonian noogie on him.
“What happened” he asked as he got off from the bed, and struggled to regain his balance. Kara was immediately in his side to support him. “Harry are you feeling fine?” Diana asked in concern. As far as she knew her son had no physical injuries. Harry after a few moments said “I still feel weak, but I feel my power returning, give me a few minutes.”
“Strange, you recover almost as fast as a Kryptonian” Clark said scratching his chin. “Yeah, it’s like my power levels are rapidly being restored as we speak” he said and wanting to test his power, his body was suddenly engulfed in his familiar green aura, before turning it off. “At least we know you’re fine now Harry, so many people from the league wanted to talk to you. They had several families in California” Kara said, still holding an arm Harry’s shoulder. “It’s what anyone in the League would do, if they had the power” Harry replied. Clark and Diana exchanged a look and just smiled, Harry still did not understand the gravity of what he did.

They walked back to the secret passage back to the mansion. Kara pressed a button, and the elevator opened. They both stepped inside with Diana and Clark entering last. “How are Daphne and Hermione?” he asked suddenly remembering his friends and their families were in the manor. The Omega threat had completely focused his attention to that alone. “They were very concerned at the news, but are now more festive with holiday cheer, since the threat is gone.” His Mum said. ”Daphne and Hermione were looking for you”
“Right I’ll meet them first, we have to do some homework after all” Harry said as they all stepped off the elevator, and then they all headed to the parlor. “By the way Harry, Bruce is entertaining some new guests” Diana said mischievously. “What guests?” he asked, and looked to Kara and Clark for some elaboration. They looked away with hidden grins.
“Fine be that way” he joked and opened the Parlor door to see his Grandmother, queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta sitting at the couch, talking to Mrs. Greengrass, while his grandmum’s companions, four Amazons chatted with Daphne and Hermione.
“Oh no” he mumbled which caused Kara to snicker. Her grandmum, upon learning that her daughter already had a Son, had begun to dote on him, taking care of him when his parents went to their Honeymoon. She was instantly taken with his charming silent nature, and so were his aunties, four Amazonians who were close to Diana when they were young. His cheeks were in for a poor beating, and so were his ribs. This was the thanks he gets for saving the world?
He loved her dearly, since she was family, and her mum’s mum. Kara’s snicker caught her attention, and the majestic older version of Diana turned her head. Upon spotting Harry she stood up and walked towards him, and lifted him up like he was a doll, before being crushed into the powerful hug. His poor poor ribs.

“Oh my sweet Harry! How much you have grown!” she exclaimed with her classic commanding voice. She pinched his cheek and set him down; pride was clearly shining in her eyes. She couldn’t say much as there civilians that were inside. The other four Amazon, his aunties were eager to greet Diana’s son, and he had recently saved the world as seen from the news the civilians were watching. The clip of Harry piercing the meteor was played over and over the past few hours.



After his cheeks were thoroughly pinched and his ribs were aching, the party all headed to the formal dining room. A guest such as the Queen of the Amazons needed that respect. Harry sat with Kara on his right and amusingly Alona on his lap. Astoria tried to get her off and apologized to the other guests, but it was fine for Harry and found the girl cute. The main topic was the recent threat against Earth, with occasional narratives about each Hero’s background and power from Hermione that she compiled from her research. Bruce was shocked with this revelation, he and the league protected their identities and backgrounds with utmost care. The girl’s theories were surprisingly accurate about the hero’s background, what is his hometown and such.

He and Daphne were lying on their bellies doing homework, while Hermione preferred the traditional desk and chair. Kara was with them, on the other side of the room looking innocent but used her superpower to occasionally blow a gust of small wind to Harry’s ear, where she knew he was ticklish. Harry was already red trying hard not to laugh; it had been going on for an hour, when Daphne asked him a question. “Harry, what are the advantages of using transfiguration than conjuring?

“Uhmmm Transfiguring an object makes it more stable than conjuring, say I want a bed, I can transfigure a cabinet to a bed. With conjuring, you only use your magic to conjure a bed, which relates directly to your magical power. The more power you have, the conjuration will last longer. Conjuration is also faster to do, but takes more power from you. And I think it is easily dispelled by a FiniIIIIEEEEE!!”


Harry shouted then laughed, interrupting his lecture. Daphne looked on with worry as well as Hermione. Kara stopped blowing and assumed an innocent pose, while the two 11 year olds approached Harry to see if he was sick. “I’m fine Daph, I just felt like laughing that’s all” he said, then sent a sidelong glance at Kara. “Why don’t we take a break? Were already finished with everything, and I’m just doing this transfiguration essay since Hermione wants us to do the extra credit with her.” He suggested. The girls nodded reluctantly, and Harry stood up, grabbed Kara by her arm and left his room.

Daphne looked at the closed door and said “At least we won’t compete for his attention in Hogwarts,” and Hermione nodded. Their study time was constantly interrupted by Harry always playing games with his best Friend. They heard a shriek and muffled laughter outside the hallway. She understood though that the two were unnaturally close. They had a three year age cap but saw none of the usual fights older and younger siblings had. They were truly best friends, but the question was what was common with them to have such a unusually strong bond? Hermione Granger swore she would find it out.

The rest of the holidays soon passed and Daphne was surprised that for all their rich and luxurious surroundings the Wayne’s and their friends remained humble. Simple gifts were exchanged, and the gifts Hermione and Daphne brought were not out of place among the pile. It was Christmas morning and they all sat down around the tree, happily exchanging gifts. Hermione got a book from Daphne and a nice sweater from Harry, while Harry received clothes from his parents, an Amazon statue of his mum in full battle gear from Hippolyta and books from Hermione and Daphne which he eagerly browsed. Daphne got a nice scarf and sweater from Harry and a blue blouse from Hermione.


Harry was terribly amused though as Hermione for all her intellect had not yet discovered Hippolyta or his mum’s identities. The clues were there; perhaps she refused to believe she was in the presence of the heroes she so eagerly followed. She confessed though that her favorite Hero was Batman.


When asked by an amused Diana she replied “Well he’s very intelligent, and I’m sure very handsome with his mask removed and on the TV when his cape blew in the wind I saw his bum and it was cute.” That earned her a telling off from her blushing mum who also crushed on Batman, and a soft chuckle from her dad. Clark was laughing his ass off while Harry and Kara leaned on each other, dying of laughter. His dad? Batman a cute bum? He couldn’t wait to tell the league about this. Clark looked like he wanted to teleport at the watchtower. he wanted to get back at Bruce when he insulted his pining over Lois Lane.


“Well, it’s better than Superman’s!” she defended herself, which caused even more laughter, and Harry and Kara were lying on top of each other clutching their ribs. Bruce was smiling and grinning evilly at Superman. He had the better butt. Who knew these pre teen girls regularly check out their asses?


“I’m curious though about the league’s new Hero” Hermione said once the laughing subsided. “Hero my dear?” asked Hippolyta, impressed with the girl. “Yes he’s quite young, and when I looked at the official webpage of the League, he wasn’t there.” “Maybe he’s not a member” Harry said, trying to distract her.


“Probably, but the weird thing is since the Green Lantern Corps disbanded, where did he come from? And he’s unusually powerful, you saw the video right?” She asked the room and everyone nodded except for Harry who was thinking again.


“Well no green lantern could do that, and that green lantern was young! Maybe around 14 or 15, I really couldn’t tell because of the blurred image when Supergirl saved him.” she said as Kara smirked and Harry grinned. He could tell his Dad mentally filing his friend as possible recruit, she would work wonders with Barbara Gordon in the future.”


“Well if you meet any Justice League members you could ask them, then tell us too since we are curious.” Clark said and Hermione nodded.

After a satisfying and filling dinner, everyone headed off to bed while two figures walked at the east side of the mansion grounds, well away from the windows of the guests room. Harry as a junior league was assigned to accompany Kara on patrol. It was a quiet night and they flew off their route was Gotham and then Metropolis. “Hey Apollo?” Kara asked. “Yeah what’s up Supergirl” Harry said looking at her. “Have you ever felt something that you know to be destiny?” She asked.

They spotted Robin and Nightwing on a roof a building and they waved before continuing on. “Well yes, I know I felt that having met my family, the league, you, was part of my destiny” he said, looking straight ahead. Supergirl remained quiet until they began to reach the outskirts of Metropolis. “I just know Apollo that my destiny will be to be by your side.” She said softly. Harry stopped flying and looked for somewhere to land, and saw the large globe of the Daily Planet building directly under them. He landed there with Supergirl following his actions.


“Hey Kara, you remember the promise we made when we were kids? I was seven then, following you around like a puppy.” Harry said softly. “Yeah and you were a little puppy! You’re just too cute!” she jokingly said. Then she continued speaking softly as she looked at the city landscape. “I remember it well, that we will always be friends that we will always be together.”


“That’s right Kara, see? Everything’s the same, were still together. You even steal my shirts and wear them. Were best friends forever.” Harry said and he tried to joke. He could tell something was bothering his older Best Friend.


“Best Friends…” Kara said and she looked at Harry seriously. “Your young Harry and soon you’ll get urges you didn’t know you have...” she said as Harry blushed at what he said, but keeping his calm. He still hadn’t figure out where this talk is going. Kara interrupted his thoughts by speaking again and he saw her face filled with determination. “I have been thinking about a lot of things, about the future, and I always think of you…” she held up a hand to stop Harry from speaking. “Let me finish” she said and continued “you’re my best friend and your still young, but Harry when you grow up, I want us to be more than best friends ok?”


Harry’s eyes widened in shock, realizing what Kara wanted. “I’m still young Kara, I cannot give you what you are still looking for.” He said shakily, but Kara just smiled. “Yes, your young, and you’re still my best friend, but I’m telling you now, that when you grow up, maybe two years from now I’ll be waiting for you, ok?” Harry nodded seriously, and he thought for a moment. Kara was his best friend, the only one he trusted with everything. They were very close, and he cared for her deeply, and even loved her. He was not sure about the type of love though, maybe that would change too. Yes he would consider it.


He finally replied looking at her seriously. “If you can wait that long for me Kara, the yes. I love you already, and maybe someday we will start a family like my dad and mum.” He smiled at her and she leaned down till their noses were touching. She whispered and said “I can wait Harry and I will wait for you.” Their lips touched and in that moment Harry’s hormones started to kick in.

***************

The annual staff meeting during the holidays commenced and Albus Dumbledore, sitting at the head of the table in one of the function rooms began the meeting. “So how is everyone? Any concerns that you would like to voice out?” he asked and Severus Snap replied. “Just the usual headmaster, some of my Slytherins have started fighting, power struggle, I guess. The casualties had broken arms and kneecap, a jaw. That’s about it.”


“This year seems to be violent, see to it that these fights are restrained.” Albus said, the power struggles in the Slytherin House was a yearly occurrence. Snape responded with a nod.
“To other matters then, about Neville Longbottom.” He looked at Minerva and said “Can you give me a report about him?”

“He is an average student, not quite graceful on his feet, he hangs out with Ronald Weasley, although they are not close. His favorite subject is herbology” Minerva said. The boy was just the average run of the mill wizard. He was as average as they would come, more average than Hufflepuff’s grade point average.

“Like Minerva said, he’s just average, although quite slow in picking up charms, but he gets it in the end.” Filius added.

“He’s a moron, along with his potions partner Weasley, they have manage to explode their cauldrons. The other Gryffindors in his year have started sitting at the Slytherin side of the classroom just to avoid them.” Snape added nastily.

“Now now Severus we are not all as skilled as you.” Albus chided him but Severus shook his head and replied “Skilled? The Whomping Willow could brew a potion better than them!” That was a new low for Severus, he usually compared stupid potion makers to Filch’s cat or Hagrid’s pet dog, but he moved on to plants for the Longbottom and Weasley kids. The two boys must really be stupid.


Beginning to lose hope, Albus moved on to the last head of house. “How about you Pomona, anything to say?” he asked hoping for some good news. “Longbottom’s good at herbology, but sometimes he insists on holding manure fertilizer with his hands instead of gloves!” it may not be related to herbology but… after our class in the mornings he goes to lunch without washing his hands!” Pomona Sprout said. The others chuckled.


“Same with Weasley!”

That stopped their laughter. They could imagine Longbottom with dirty hands using a spoon and fork to eat. However Albus and the other staff members knew how Ron Weasley ate, with his hands, and…. and after finishing his plate he would lick his fingers… no he would suck his fingers to the hilt one by one and exclaim: “that was good”! Albus once saw he licked his palm.


His staff was looking sick and he immediately said “meeting adjourned!!” they all rushed out to respective windows to start puking. Fawkes flew away, his lunch regurgitating as he flew.
Sign up to rate and review this story