Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the power of Oa

chapter 3: Justice comes to Hogwarts

by bluminous 8 reviews

Sorting Hat's high

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-03-25 - Updated: 2009-03-25 - 7756 words

5Original
Harry Potter and the power of Oa

By Bluminous

A/N: I don’t own Harry Potter or DC comics



Chapter 3 Justice comes to Hogwarts



Harry helped the two girls in storing their luggage and then turned to his own trunk and heaved it up on the rack. He sat down the opposite bench facing Hermione and Daphne. “So how did the rest of the summer go?” asked Harry, beginning the conversation, and Hermione answered first “it was fine, I read all the first year books!”

“I read some of the books but not all, transfiguration seems hard though, and potions is the easiest to read, it’s so precise, what about you?” asked Daphne. “I think Transfiguration and Charms are the easiest for me, and Divination the worst, I always day dream or fall asleep when I try to read someone’ hand, or go to a meditative trance.” He answered. “Really, divination’s taught at third year though, are you advanced in other subjects as well?” Daphne asked, she was formulating a plan, and either answer of Harry could make it work. “I’m ahead in Transfiguration and Charms, not so much in potions” Harry admitted.

“Well why don’t I help you in potions while you tutor me in charms?” she asked, and Harry replied “I’ll think about it, when I get a hang of the school and its lessons.” Daphne pouted and then looked at him, blinking a few eye lashes. Harry grinned and pinched her cheek and said “That won’t work on me you know, you got nothing on Kara’s puppy look” at this they both laughed, while Hermione was deep in thought.

“Harry your surname’s Wayne right?” Hermione asked as she looked at Harry like he was a complicated puzzle. “Yeah, from my adoptive father, Bruce Wayne” he replied. “You mean you’re that secretive Wayne heir? The one that the media has been looking for? No wonder mom was amused.” Hermione said, looking at Harry oddly. “But your mum, she’s not really your real mom is she?” she asked hesitantly.

“No, they found me when I was five, but they were not married then, but Bruce adopted me straight off, and Diana, that’s my mom’s name had been taking care of me since. Their marriage only legalized what is already a family.” Harry said. He really did not mind the questions, as he needed this establish their budding friendships.

Daphne was trying to follow the conversation, but couldn’t and asked “Who’s Bruce Wayne?” Hermione immediately replied as she looked at her. “He is Harry father, and the second richest man on the planet. He lives in Gotham city, in a humongous mansion.” Daphne nodded at this and then looked at Harry as if assessing him. She jokingly said “You know Harry, I am currently looking for a future husband.” Harry laughed as did Hermione. “Someday” Harry jokingly said, raising his eyebrows in an exaggerated fashion.

“I have one question though, how come both of you can do magic? I tried a simple levitation charm and got a letter from the Ministry of Magic that said that the next magic I perform would be a warning.” Harry did not know this, and he looked at Daphne for the answer.

Daphne replied “It’s an old loophole actually; the ministry does not monitor the old magical families since they assume all magic spells cast within the home are made by the parent or adult. They place sensory wards on muggle homes though like yours. In Harry’s case, I suspect they allow under age use of magic” She looked back at Hermione, who looked put out, “But that’s favoritism! How can we compete with pure blood wizards if they get to practice during the summer?”

“Hermione, not all wizards study during the summer, in fact I doubt anyone studies during vacation. Except for the required homework” Daphne patiently said. “Oh if you say so” she said, although it was obvious she still thought about it being unfair.



“Oh now Greengrass, hanging out with mudbloods? And I thought you could not get any lower.” An older student with black robes and a green lining said, and Daphne hissed and said “get out!” Harry was completely on alert; he would step in if he saw the need. “What do you want Pucey?” Daphne asked.

Pucey, replied “Since I’m a fourth year now, I am now claiming you, a future Slytherin as my future bed partner, as is tradition in the house.” Hermione gasped and Daphne blushed in embarrassment and sham at the sexual implication of the older boy’s words.

“I’m not going to Slytherin” Daphne said weakly, losing her confidence. “Hah! A Greengrass not going to Slytherin? That would be the day.” He sneered looking at Daphne. “Now follow me, you need to show me what’s the potential under those robes.” He said leering at Daphne.

“No!” choked out Daphne, trying to stop herself from crying, while Hermione looked like she wanted to cry too. “I said come on!” Pucey made a move to grab Daphne’s shoulder when it was stopped by a very strong grip. Adrian Pucey looked at the boy smaller than him by a few inches that interrupted him, and he said “You dare touch me, mudblood firstie? I’ll kill….” His voice weakened as the grip became tighter. His wrist felt like they were going to snap, and he fell on his knees at the pain. He looked at the face of the boy so that he could remember his face. He was going to savagely attack him later for doing this to him.

The moment he looked into those eyes, he paled, and felt fear. The eyes were scary, the color of the killing curse and they were narrowed in anger directed at him.

“What is your name?” Harry asked. And Pucey gasped out “Adrian Pucey”

“Are you scared of me Pucey?” he asked and Pucey nodded. “Smart thing Pucey, now apologize to Daphne now.” He continued speaking, still holding the older boy’s wrist. Harry was so mad, what kind of world is this Hogwarts? It was full of prejudices and abuse against women, it seemed. He will put a stop to this, oh yes he will. This would be his new mission, aside from the emergency situations at the league.

“Will you apologize or not Pucey?” he asked in a cold voice. By now they had gathered an audience, and they were all watching with interest and curiosity, and not an ounce of concern. “If you do not, I will take action” Harry said. “Like hell you will mudblood, when my father….” He trailed off again as Harry increased the pain, digging his thumb into a vein. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry Daphne!” he cried, unable to take the pain. “Swear on your magic never to harm her” Harry said coldly, and Pucey agreed, saying the oath until a blue light surrounded Pucey, indicating the oath had taken effect.

Harry loosened the grip on the wrist and Pucey then regained his stupidity by threatening the boy “Watch out mudblood, when I have the chance I will hunt your mother….” CRACK!!! Harry’s hand broke Pucey’s wrist and the boy’s scream of agony was ignored. Releasing the broken wrist, he grabbed his neck and raised him up, off his feet. Pucey was gasping and crying, and Harry, not wanting the scared girls too hear this, carried him by his neck outside the compartment, with the boy’s feet still dangling, making choking noises.

He slammed the older boy into the opposite wall hard, and leaned into him, his eyes boring into Pucey’s. Harry spoke in a harsh whisper that only Pucey can hear. “Threaten my mother again Pucey and I will kill you. Make a noise, whenever I am around and I will cut of your dirty tongue. If I see you looking at my friends I will gouge out your eyes. Do you understand? These terms are simple, you behave, and in return you get to live. Attack me in revenge and I will destroy your family, if I find them guilty of crimes against Humanity and Justice. “Harry allowed some of his power to show in his eyes, only Pucey could see them anyway. “Do you understand?” he asked Pucey, and Pucey nodded his head many times to emphasize that he understood.



Harry smelled something foul, and a leaking sound. He saw the older boy shitting himself and pissing himself in fear. Harry disgustedly let go of the boy, before the puddle of piss reached his shoes. Pucey crashed on the floor, shaking and crying like a five year old, and as Harry entered his compartment, he gave a glare at the idiots who just watched and never helped, and closed the compartment door.

He saw Daphne and Hermione crying silently, and he sat between the two girls and guided their heads to his shoulders. “Everything’s fine now” Harry said. And Daphne cried harder, clutching his shirt with her hands.



After the two girls made themselves presentable, they looked on at Harry with wonder and a calculating gaze. Daphne had regained her cool composure and looked at Harry in a different light. “How did you learn how to fight like that Harry?” Hermione asked her voice still shaky from earlier. Harry who by now had experienced hundreds of scenarios similar to this, just smiled to reassure them and said “My teacher, John and Kat taught me how to fight against bullies” Harry said still looking at Daphne with concern on his face. Daphne was still shaking, her mother had warned her about Slytherin House’s weird habits, but she ignored them, unconcerned. What happened now was a blow to her feeling of security, and she vowed to get stronger to hold off the House’s advances on her. She would ask Harry to help her become stronger and independent. She looked at Harry with a smile to say she was fine and said “I’m fine now Harry, and thank you,” she leaned into him and gave her very first hug to a boy. Harry hugged her back; they were finally on hugging terms.



Harry tried opening a pack of Chocolate Frogs but it was tricky. There was no indication of how to open it, No dotted lines or perforated edges. Wizards were so backwards sometimes, failing to write directions on the packaging. Daphne sighed and grabbed the pack from him and then tapped the wrapper with her wand. The packaging slowly folded itself neatly until a frog was exposed, standing over a card like a Lily Pad.

Harry said “Thanks” and grabbed the two items, and looked at the card, and then flicked it out of the window. Collecting cards were not his thing and began to eat the moving Frog. He felt like a kling-on, eating live moving food for a snack. Or maybe just Japanese.



Ron Weasley was looking out the window, the babbling Neville Longbottom, who was excited at learning he was not a squib. His other cabin mates, Seamus Finnegan and Dean Thomas were talking about soccer, a muggle sport, arguing about who was the better team in the Premier League. Their compartment had been visited earlier by Draco Malfoy and started insulting the four students. They were about to come into blows when Draco heard the screams and cries of Adrian Pucey and he retreated swiftly back to the Slytherin Compartment, afraid that a school rumble had started.



Ron stared into the countryside his face inches from the glass window when a card suddenly slammed across the glass, held there by the wind. It was a chocolate card that had…. Agrippa! as its primary picture and it was waving and smiling. Ron stared at the card pressed against the glass, and he started to reach for it, the dream of his collections for years. He was about to slide open the window when the track curved, and the air pressure that kept the Agrippa card stuck to the glass weakened. The card started to slide down the glass, and Agrippa the picture waved his hand goodbye before the card flew off into the wind.



Harry, Hermione and Daphne were reading each other’s books when they all stopped what they were doing when they heard a mournful “NOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!” They eyed each other, wondering about the noise then shrugged and went back to their reading, simultaneously turning a page and making a loud ‘Flap’ in the compartment.



**************

“Now that is just stupid” Harry said and Daphne and Hermione nodded. They looked out to the choppy lake caused by a local weather system and looked back to their flimsy small boat. Harry pulled back his wand from his wrist holder, and mumbled before waving his wand at their boat at a complicated manner. Hermione looked on with interest while Daphne was seriously impressed, though she did not show it in her face. She now knew how advance Harry was, that little bit of transfiguration was something most fifth years could not accomplish. The small boat widened and its walls grew higher, and though Daphne could not see it, she knew a keel grew down to help for the stability of the boat.

They sat on their modified boat as did the others with Harry sitting in the front row exactly on the middle with Hermione and Daphne on the second row. Their boat had drifted slowly away from the bank, and nobody was able to claim the fourth seat on their modified boat. The half giant man named Hagrid walked among the boats, tapping them with his pink umbrella. One by one the boats shakily moved across the water, towards the dark night.

Some of the new first years got wet when choppy waves proved higher than the boat’s sides, soaking their robes with the cold water. Harry’s boat sailed on quite smoothly despite the choppy water, they saw more than one first year leaning over the side of their rocky little boats to throw up. The view of Hogwarts was beautiful, when you cover your ears to avoid hearing the throwing up students behind you retching, or the smell the student’s stomachs expelled into the black lake. Harry swore that he saw a giant tentacle moving as far away as possible from them once the first kid started puking. A loud noise distracted them from gazing at the tall towers and spires standing against the star filled night sky and looked back only to see Hagrid throwing up, with some poor red head beside him smelling all of it.

The boat stopped at some sort of dock with stone stairs that extended into the water line, and Harry stepped out first, holding a hand to Hermione and Daphne. They accepted gratefully, exchanging glances at each other sharing secret, girl only smiles. A tall stern woman stood in front of the Massive doors, tapping her foot impatiently. “Where are the rest of the boats?” she asked only spotting 4 boats that have arrived. Harry stepped forward and said “The other boats kept stopping when their passengers kept throwing up.”



The tall woman nodded, and gazed at him. “You are the American, Harry Wayne?” She asked, noticing his accent. Harry nodded and gave her a charming smile, which she returned before realizing that it was not proper decorum. His smile was infectious she thought amusedly and looked at the boy between the brown haired girl and red headed Greengrass girl. What caught her attention was his green emerald eyes, so much like Lily Potter’s and yet so much different. They were green, unnaturally so, that were disconcerting to look at, unlike Lily’s that spoke of warmth. She broke out of her stupor when she noticed a different boat floating along the dock compared to the other three.

“Who did this?” she asked, and the other first year looked at one another, and the brown haired girl volunteered the information in rapid information bursts like a semi automatic Glock. Minerva was a member of a local gun club in her local town near Glasgow, taking up the hobby to relieve pent up anger and frustration after the death of poor little Harry Potter.

“It’s Harry, mam, he noticed the small unstable boats and did some sort of transfiguration, he first expanded the width of the boat and raised the sides higher, and I think made a keel under the boat since our journey was smoother than the others.” Hermione said. Minerva inspected the handy work and nodded in approval.” If you were already sorted Mr. Wayne I would give points to your house for this amazing feat of transfiguration.” She said, and then directed them to a small chamber to the left of the massive doors.

She walked back to the dock; muttering and Harry could pick up some of what she was saying.

“Use the boats he said, the weather would be fine he said, I trust Hagrid with the children he said, Tradition before practicality he said. I’ll shove tradition down his throat.”



After a very long time where even Lord Voldemort’s undying soul was hungry, hiding at the back of Defense professor Quirrel, the doors to the side chamber opened and everyone in the great hall gave a united sigh of relief.

Professor Minerva McGonagall strode in, leading a bunch of wet and shivering first years. “The First years, Headmaster “Minerva said and walked towards the side of the teacher's table and brought out a roll from her pocket. The students and Hogwarts prepared to listen to another sorting song from the hat.

The sorting hat, lying on a small three legged stool suddenly jerked up, and a tear in its mouth widened and started to sing. Its voice was not the usual old wizened high pitch voice.



It’s so much better
When everyone is in
Are you in?
It’s so much better
When everyone is in
Are you in?
Oooooh oooooh
Are you in?
Youuuuuu ooooh
Are you in?

It’s so much better
When everyone is in
Are you in?
It’s so much easier
When sea foam green is in fashion
Yooouuuhhhh yooouuuooh
Are you in?
Yooouuuuh oooh oooh ooh
Are you in?



Headmaster Dumbledore abruptly stood up, realizing this was not a sorting song. He casted a silencing charm on the blasted malfunctioning magical artifact and turned to the wide eyed first years, some who were snickering recognizing the lyrics.

“The sorting Hat will sort you into four new houses; these houses are named after the Hogwarts founders Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff. The hat would place you in these houses based on your primary ideals and traits. Good luck.” Dumbledore said, before sitting down, and gave a nod to Minerva to begin.

Minerva called out the first name from the role.

“Abbot, Hannah!”

A small blond girl walked towards the hat and sat on the stool, putting it on. After a few moments the hat shouted “Hufflepuff! Yooouuuuhhh ooooohh ooh oohhh”

The Hufflepuff house cheered, while Albus Dumbledore palmed his face, frustrated with the hat. ‘What’s was wrong with it this year?’ he thought. He realized he was not in his office, and quickly straightened his posture, smiling at the new first years.



He looked at Neville Longbottom, eyeing him with interest. This was the chosen one, and he would make sure never to repeat the horrible mistake he did with Harry Potter. He would observe him closely, and make sure he would survive with the encounter with the Dark Lord, whom he knew was coming, lured by the bait. However the boy seemed afraid of his own shadow, nervousness emanating from his body. Dumbledore sighed. He had his work cut out to mold the boy.

Another boy caught his attention, and he was the exact opposite of Neville Longbottom. Harry Apollo Wayne, heir of the prestigious Wayne group of companies, son of the second richest man in the world. He was happy that Harry accepted his invitation to join Hogwarts, a kick in the face of Salem Institute of Magic, where the staff was eagerly awaiting his acceptance.

The boy stood calmly, his brilliant green eyes looking around, taking in his surroundings. Albus nodded in approval, the boy was calm and composed and he guessed the boy had rudimentary training in Occlumency to hide his nervousness and apprehension. He obviously inherited the looks from his father, whom he met before in the beach. The strong angular face, the slightly messy hair was obviously a Wayne trait. His face was familiar, but he could not place a name to who resembled him slightly.

“Granger, Hermione!” called out Minerva, and Hermione who stood beside Harry walked quickly towards the stool. Her face was scrunched up, and the hat was quiet for a minute before it yelled “Ravenclaw!.... ohhh waaa waa ahh ahh aw!” Ravenclaw house clapped, welcoming their first female first year, as she sat on an empty seat on the table.

“Greengrass, Daphne!”

Daphne felt Harry gave her hand a squeeze and she smiled gratefully. She walked to the Hat and put it on, sitting on the stool. Her face showed panicked for a moment, before relaxing when the Hat shouted “Ravenclaw! Yeah baby yeah! Hot mama!” She blushed as the rest of the population laughed, for they were greatly entertained at this year’s sorting with the hat’s weird antics. They understood the Hat’s comment’s though, as Daphne was a very pretty girl, who would someday become a beautiful stunning woman. Daphne sat beside Hermione and they both chatted happily, glad they were going to be roommates.

The Slytherins were disappointed though, as the pure blood Greengrass line that had every member of their family become Slytherin finally break the tradition. The Greengrass females were prized by the pureblood traditionalists, known for being their trademark red hair and beautiful face.



The sorting went on, with Neville Longbottom going to Gryffindor, with the hat exclaiming “oh boy!” until finally three boys remained, Harry, a red haired boy and a boy with Mediterranean looks.



“Wayne, Harry Apollo!” Minerva said as she looked at the tall boy with a lithe figure walk towards the hat with cat like grace. He stared at the Slytherin table as he passed them and he saw one boy flinch, his right arm in a sling from a broken wrist.

Harry sat on the uncomfortable stool and put on the Hat.

‘Oh my, oh my!’ Harry heard the sorting hat’s voice. He was not surprised with the sudden voice in his head, as he already deduced from observing his peers that the talking hat communicated mentally to the student being sorted.

‘Must be a legillimency property enchanted on the hat’, he thought and heard the hat’s reply. ‘Very good Mr. Potter or Mr. Wayne. You already figured me out! But that is not all of my power.’

‘I guess, now where would you place me? Do I have a choice?’ he asked, wanting to go with Hermione and Daphne.

‘Yes you have a choice!’ the hat said eagerly, it was happy talking to this strange boy. The hat continued speaking. ‘What most students think is they have no choice, afraid to ask, afraid to be different, and just let themselves be conformed to standards of society. You however are different, and you have so much power! I shudder to think about what will happen to your enemies. So why is it that you went to Hogwarts Mr. Wayne?’

‘I came here because I felt my destiny and purpose lies here’ Harry replied, not sure where this is going on.

‘And what is your purpose?’ the hat asked curiously.

‘My purpose is to bring justice to those who deserve it, as the league taught Me.’ he said referring to the powerful Justice League who protected Earth from harm, internal and external.

‘Very well Mr. Wayne, but I warn you now, that the path you walk will seriously tempt you. To either abuse that power, or to use it wisely is up to you.’ It said seriously. ‘You like to brood, and to think. You can be ruthless when needed, but very affectionate and protective to your loved ones. You have an analytical keen mind, Apollo. A very appropriate name, for the Greek God of wisdom, justice and the light. You deserve to be in... “Ravenclaw!” it shouted, and strangely enough, no weird outburst came after.

The Ravenclaw house cheered again, as Harry sat between Daphne. The remaining two boys went to Gryffindor and Slytherin respectively, and the Headmaster stood up to make final announcements.

“Excellent! Excellent! Now since I know we are all very hungry” Albus stopped talking as a chorus of hungry “YES” was heard from the students. He chuckled and continued. “Let the Feast begin!” The tables suddenly filled with food, and the feast began.



Harry, Daphne and Hermione walked to their first class, Transfiguration. They had received their schedules this morning, and they were excited to learn the theory. Harry already knows the gist of basic transfiguration, but he was also excited, learning under a true Transfiguration Mistress.



They entered the classroom and only saw a tabby cat sitting on a desk, they stared at it for a minute before they sat down, near the middle of the classroom. Harry was feeling mischievous today, and wondered at why there was a cat in the room. The class won’t start for another fifteen minutes so he stood up, stretching his back, while Daphne and Hermione read the chapter that was related to the lecture to brush up on knowledge. He walked around, finally to the professor’s table and looked at the cat. It was cute with weird markings on its eyes and a fluffy tail with black stripes. He walked closer and before the cat had time to react, he scooped it up on his arms and began petting its head and back.



The cat didn’t even try to resist for it was shocked at what Harry did, no one ever did that to Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration Mistress. Harry began to stroke the cat’s neck, and it left out a purr. “You’re a cute kitty aren’t you” Harry asked as he stroked its back and tail. The cat responded by purring louder, its eyes half closing as it relished the feeling. Daphne and Hermione stopped reading and watched Harry’s soft side showing, and they giggled. Harry sat down petting the cat, as more students went inside the classroom. The cat didn’t notice this as it was beginning to feel sleepy. “Purrrrr” it said loudly, adjusting itself to be more comfortable on Harry’s arms, its head on his shoulder. The class was finally full, and the teacher had not yet appeared, for Harry was making it sleepy. He noticed the time and he stopped petting it and lifted it to his arms looking at its face. He turned to Daphne and said “She’s very adorable don’t you think?” “She” Daphne asked and Harry replied by holding the cat on its shoulders and turned it around, showing its underbelly to confirm it was female” “Oh right female. You better let go of the cat now Harry, Professor McGonagall might come inside anytime.” Daphne said.



Harry nodded and said to the kitty “I have to study now, bye kitty” and kissed its nose. The cat suddenly realized what had happened and leaped from his arms and landed on the ground, transforming back to Professor McGonagall.



“Mr. Wayne!” She said, blushing red as the whole class was shocked into silence, looking back between her and Harry. Daphne let out a very small giggle, but that was enough to trigger the others holding their laughter. After a few minutes order was established and Minerva started to lecture although she was unable to look into the student’s eyes as she lectured for the rest of the period. Harry was embarrassed as he realized he kissed a teacher on the nose. He was deducted five points, but gained 15 points by the time the class was dismissed.



News of Harry’s actions spread around, specially to the Hogwarts Staff. Minerva studiously avoided the eyes of Filius and Pomona, who continually teased her. Albus was worse, as he asked for a pensieve memory, making up a rule that said that affairs between students and teachers must be recorded. She of course refused, and mentally made a note not to give him anything for Christmas.

Daphne was terribly amused about the incident, joking that she should learn to be a cat animagus so that she can cuddle with Harry too. She was already thinking of the future, and was already starting to make a move on Harry this early. Her fellow roommates that were also considering Harry as future boyfriend material were miffed, and held their peace. Hermione was of course surprised when she learned her intentions, but Daphne explained that in the pureblood society arranged marriage at their age were common. They already knew a betrothed couple at their year, Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson.



The longer she spent time with Harry the more Daphne was convinced her choice was right, he was smart and quiet most of the time, but when provoked he had the ability to back up his threats. She had never seen a hair of Pucey since the train, as the boy diligently avoided her and he wondered what Harry said to him on the train. The older Slytherins did not know that she was under Harry’s protection, and had decided to intimidate her on a betrothal contract.



She was walking back to the Library from the girl’s lavatory when four fifth year Slytherins stepped in front of her, blocking her path. “Greengrass, such a shame you are not a Slytherin, you have disgraced your Family name.” Marcus Flint said, leering at her. “I’m quite happy in Ravenclaw, and I think I brought honor to my family, my mum’s quite proud” she said defiantly, inside she was scared. Flint frowned and signaled his posse to surround her. “I think a lesson in respect is in order, Greengrass. You will consent on an offer of a contract from my father, or consequences will be dire.” he said as he touched her red locks, she had nowhere to go, her back was pressed to the wall.



“I think the consequences would be dire for you, if you continue this, Marcus Flint” Harry said from behind them. The four boys turned around in surprise and held their wands pointed at Harry. Daphne breathed a sigh of relief and ran towards Harry, hiding behind him. “Back off mudblood, this is pureblood business.” One of the boys said, itching to curse the first year. They began to move apart, intending to surround Harry from all directions.



“You were about to assault an innocent girl, and for me to not take action would be against my principles. Daphne is my friend and she needs my help, that enough makes it my business.” Harry said coldly. Flint thought that they could take on the smaller boy, gave a signal to his comrades with a nudge of the head and rushed him, his three friends copying his actions. They did not want to leave any magical evidence, for it can be easily traced with a Priori Incantatem. Physical Injuries would be harder to prove, with their head of house backing them up.



Harry simply stepped forward and kicked the first one who approached him in the knee cap, shattering it. He used the momentum from his kick to backhand another boy on the face, coming in from his left. He tilted his head aside to avoid a punch and curled his fist and punched the third straight on the ribs, breaking two. As Flint reached him he grabbed the back of the boy’s head and slammed his nose on his knee, ending the fight in seconds.

“You were warned Flint, I do not tolerate sexual harassment and intimidation” Harry said calmly, he was not even out of breath. Like Pucey he grabbed the much larger by the neck and raised him with his right hand, his strength augmented by his Lantern powers. Flint moaned at his broken nose and front teeth, blood pouring out of his mouth. “This is your last warning Flint; spread the word to your fellow rapists. Daphne Greengrass is under my protection and the next time you harass her I will respond harder and the consequences would be more permanent.”



He placed a sticking charm on the four boys and stuck them to the wall, with a sign above them that’s said Rapists. He looked at their fallen wands and grabbed them, snapping them all with his knee in one move and letting them fall on their feet. He turned to Daphne and led her back to the library, asking about the next assignment while she looked like she would like to do nothing more than to jump him and kiss the life out of this special boy.



Harry’s fight with the older Slytherins only spread to their own house, they did not want to lose face to their fellow houses by being defeated by a single first year. If Severus Snape heard this there would surely be hell to pay by being defeated by a mere mudblood. Daphne Greengrass was now avoided by like the plague, this new student that gave Daphne protection was obviously powerful, and they did not want to learn the extent of the power the boy possessed. This decision finally showed the cunning Slytherin were known for, and besides, there were other fishes in the sea.



The rest of their first year passed in relative peace, although Hermione had some issues with Ron Weasley, but that stopped when she slapped him in the face in front of the whole class for being rude in charms. She did not get deductions from Flitwick, he saw the whole incident and agreed that it was a fitting punishment to the rude boy. Harry’s favorite lessons were Transfiguration and Charms, he found the opposite teaching styles of Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick amusing, but effective in their own ways. His potions lessons were going smoothly as well, Severus Snape generally leave the studious claws alone, for they kept to themselves and they did not have any rivalries with his beloved Slytherin.

Hermione and Harry acknowledged that Daphne had a natural flair for potions, she would happily explain the brewing process in great detail, putting to shame Professor Snape’s potions lectures.



Harry kept constant communication with his parents, writing about his day to day activities every week. Bruce and Diana were eager to have him home for Christmas, and also expressed interest in getting to know more about his two new friends. Harry kept up his daily exercises in secret, finding a spot in hillside overlooking Hogsmeade. He would fly there every morning at 4am, and would start a rigorous routine cooked up by John and Kat. After the thirty minute blood pounding exercise he would meditate, to try and find his center until the sky would lighten up from the approaching dawn. It was a beautiful sight and he always watched it every morning as the rays of the sun would burst through the early morning fog. The sun’s rays would hit the lake, transforming it into a glittering blue jewel while in the background the medieval castle stood like a sentry forever watching the quaint town of Hogsmeade.



There was a minor incident when a Troll managed to come inside the castle, and Harry brought up by Batman decided to investigate. He looked at night at the scene of the crime and found a clove of garlic near the garden entrance. He determined that it was a distraction, for the culprit’s true destination was the forbidden corridor. The culprit led the troll through the garden entrance to avoid detection by the paintings and suits of armor. His primary suspect was Quirrell but since he still lacked sufficient evidence, he did not act upon it. Bruce said that from Harry’s letters, someone was manipulating these things to happen, and Harry guessed it was the Headmaster.



Quidditch season had begun, and it was always amusing to watch Ron Weasley and Draco Malfoy lock horns. They were almost like best friends, arguing about their quidditch teams or insulting each other’s families. They were total opposites, one was rich, the other poor, yet they were the most alike in attitudes and prejudices.



The wizarding sport never appealed to Harry, for him it was just an excuse to hurt and humiliate other wizards legally. The sport was also the reason Houses never really got along, the rivalries in the sport extended to the classrooms and hallways. Harry loved flying though, but using a broom seemed a mockery to true flight under one’s own power.



Another mystery that intrigued Harry was Neville Longbottom, he observed that the boy was always at the Headmaster’s office for some reason, and the teachers gave more time and patience in teaching him magical theory and concepts. The exception was Severus Snape, he was exceptionally vicious against the boy, to the point that Neville was driven to tears after a class. Harry was cordial to his roommates, but never connected with them, he found their ‘girls-have-cooties’ stage to be immature and stupid.







*************





“Harry, your Dad wrote to both our parents!” Hermione said eagerly as she and Daphne interrupted his brooding at his usual spot in the common room. They were holding identical pieces of gray specialty paper that was exclusively used by Bruce Wayne. They were used to his broody attitude now, realizing that he was not really mad or anything, he just liked to think things through. “Huh? My dad did what?” He asked.

“Here” Daphne thrusted a paper to him and he began read it, while she and Hermione looked on with excitement written on their faces.



Lady Daphne Greengrass,

I would like to invite you to stay with us at Wayne Manor for the holidays. I realize that this must be quite sudden, but rest assured that your mother has granted her permission for you to come if you agreed. Your mother and sister are also invited, and have agreed to stay with us for the holidays.

We are very curious to meet our son’s best friends at Hogwarts, and from his letters, we are sure to be delighted with your company. Please ask our son for details if you wish to come.

Merry Christmas!

Bruce and Diana Wayne

Harry looked up from reading the letter and looked at Hermione. “You got one too?” he asked, grinning. Hermione simply nodded and showed him a letter similar in style to Daphne’s and he let out a loud whoop of glee. He grabbed the two beaming girls in a three way hug. Christmas would be extra special this year.



**********

Daphne and Hermione met up with their families at King’s cross station, while Harry stayed at the back looking at them with a small smile. He felt someone tugging his pants and looked down to see a miniature Daphne looking at him with wide blue eyes. “Are you Harry?” She asked. “I am and who are you pretty lady?” he asked and the young girl smiled radiantly at being called pretty. “My name is Alona Greengrass, and I’m already 7 years old.” Alona said proudly.

Harry smiled at her and took her hand, leading her back to Mrs. Greengrass. “I found a cute little thing” he said indicating the small girl. “Alona! I told you not to wander off!” Mrs. Greengrass scolded her gently, while Alona said “Sorry mama, but I just saw Harry, the prince big sister talks about, and I wanted to see if he is a real genuine prince and he is!” Harry laughed and blushed a bit at the girl’s praise, but it was nothing to the deep red that now dominated Daphne’s face.

“I’m no prince Daphne, but I can be your knight” Harry said and Daphne just nodded, though she didn’t say anything. She was still embarrassed at Harry and Hermione learning her secrets. When she gets her hands on Alona…

“Mr. Granger, Mrs. Granger” Harry said, greeting and shaking their hands. “Shall we ladies and gentlemen?” he said, indicating an airport shuttle waiting at the street. Everyone brought luggage, and seeing little Alona struggling with her pink trolley bag, he scooped her up in his arms, and placed her pink bag with his trunk. Alona giggled and gave him a sloppy wet kiss on the cheek.

They were riding the shuttle, and reached Heathrow airport, and the guard allowed the van to roll straight into the tarmac after a brief inspection of papers from the guard. A silver plane that was long and had wicked swept back wings was waiting at the hangar, its 4 engines already running. It was like a spaceship, with a few windows and a long nose. It was actually a variant of the javelin, the ships used by the league. This was used for commercial use by Bruce Wayne, and in emergencies it could achieve space flight on its own power.

Ed Granger whistled and said this sure beats Airport security, looking at his wife Emma, and she nodded, not expecting the flight to be this soon. ‘So this the way VIPs travel’ she thought. Hermione too was impressed, she knew the four hour wait before a flight and this straight to the plane from the car was really convenient. They went to France during the summers and inconvenience of waiting in line for delayed flights was really irritating.

Harry stepped out of the shuttle with Daphne and Hermione and the flight crew greeted him with polite “Good morning Mr. Wayne.” The Wayne heir was very seldom seen, only Alfred the butler had direct contact with him. They were excited now at finally meeting him, specially the two stewardess who gave him flirty smiles. The two stewardesses and the co pilot helped the group with their luggage, as they entered the hypersonic plane.

The interior of the plane was elegant, with very large white leather seats spaced evenly apart. There was a bar filled with drinks, a refrigerator and 4 tables between the leather white chairs. Ed and Emma’s mouth actually dropped at seeing how comfortable they will travel.



Soon the plane began to taxi to the Heathrow runway, finally moving out of its hiding spot in the hangar. It had attracted quite a bit of attention, as camera flashes lighted the airport window looking over the runway. Harry was seated beside Alona, as she claimed the seat beside him first, earning a glare from her big sister. Daphne was sat beside Hermione, a white table between the two groups.

The Adults had picked seats farther at the back, so they could have a bit of alcohol without their children seeing them drink.

The Hypersonic jet was soon travelling at the stratosphere, and Hermione could actually see the blackness of space a few miles above them. “How long will we arrive?” asked Hermione looking outside the window with Daphne beside them. “About two hours, ten minutes, give or take” Harry said and Hermione just nodded.



Daphne was freaked out at being in such a high altitude, but she was very amazed at these muggles. Alona was clapping with glee as she pointed at the clouds and ocean below. Harry then said “If you could see those white sparkling objects three miles above us, that’s the watchtower and its secondary bases”

“You mean that’s where the justice league operates from! Wow!” Hermione said as she pressed her face to glass, hoping to see at least one superhero.

“Justice League?” Daphne asked and Hermione explained to her the muggle world and the role of the justice league and its brief History. ‘It looks like she’s a fan’ Harry thought amusedly.



Near the bar at the Adults table Ed sipped a glass of Jack Daniels and crossed his legs and leaned back. “This is the way to travel” he said. After their astonishment at being in such a high orbit, they finally settled down after a few drinks. “Non magical people certainly travel in luxury” Astoria said, as she looked at her surroundings. She was sipping a marvelous muggle drink called margarita, and it was very addicting.

“No, you’re lucky this is your first flight on an airplane, if you call this machine one, usually you have to stay in a cramp seat a third smaller than the one you are sitting now.” Emma said. “I see” Astoria said looking at her seat; she was almost lying down, her feet curled like she was sitting on a sofa. “And imagine a person is seated at your left and at your right, elbow to elbow, and to ride the airplane, you have to wait at least four hours with your luggage. Emma added and Astoria shuddered at what Emma described. “It sounds very uncomfortable” She said.

“It’s very stressful” Emma admitted. “And from what I heard from the pilot, we will arrive there in two hours, usually it is eight. This is a very fast airplane” Ed Granger added.

“Harry must be very important then, to have this special treatment.” Astoria said and Emma eagerly nodded wanting to share a bit of gossip. “He’s practically Royalty among the muggles; he was well hidden for so long, the heir of the Wayne fortune. Imagine my surprise when my Hermione and your daughter befriends him in an old bookshop.” Emma whispered conspiringly.

Astoria laughed and said “Yes and I am pleasantly surprised to learn that he is not spoiled or arrogant, unlike some rich aristocrats I know.” “He is very humble, but quite smooth with the ladies though” Emma added, and the two women laughed. “Too smooth for my tastes” grumbled Ed Granger.

************

A/N reviews?
Sign up to rate and review this story