Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Sojourn: the First Flight

CH 4 Hedwig's gotta do what Hedwig's gotta do.

by bluminous 3 reviews

Hedwig sure showed her

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Characters: Fleur,Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-03-22 - Updated: 2009-03-22 - 3284 words

5Funny

A/N: WARNING! A bit of smut in the chapter. I do not own Harry Potter, nor did I make any money writing this.



CH 4 Hedwig's gotta do what Hedwig's gotta do...





Hermione woke up in the couch and looked around. Her logical brain trying to remember the past few hours... and there! 'Harry!' she thought, she suddenly pushed the blanket covering her body and stood up. She rushed out into the kitchen when someone ran into her, and they both crashed and Hermione felt a cold sensation sipping down her clothes and running down her back.





"Thanks Hermione" she heard a slights sarcastic voice and wiped her wild brown hair from her face. Harry stood up from the crash, holding an empty glass of water. He seemed taller now, a few inches of growth perhaps? And broader shoulders too, whatever baby fat was left before was gone now, only this man hunk left in place. Signs of the man he was growing up to be clearly showed. 'Give it a few years ' she thought, and he'll start breaking all the witches' hearts, even the married ones! Even now his boyish charm as he grinned at her was affecting her body, and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.





"Hermione?" Harry asked again wondering why she didn't accept the hand he offered to help her up from the collision moments before. "Hermy?" he said cheekily trying to tease her best friend. With no response he grew impatient and leaned down, grabbed her shoulders and hoisted her up. She managed to stand by herself, a bit swaying and he knew from years being her friend that Hermione's brain has gone into overdrive, thinking. Trying to snap her out of it, he extended one wing and tried to cuff her gently on the face with his wing, as he moved to the side. What Harry forgot was that his wing was several times larger and stronger than Hedwig's. Also, Hedwig never cuffed him on the face, just on the hair. He suddenly knew why.





Hermione's mouth was slightly parted as she mouthed words silently when she was thinking. 'Self-Transfiguration or maybe a failed Animagus Transforma-' she stopped as suddenly she got a mouthful of feathers and she spit it out, only for the rest of the wing where the feathers came from slammed to her face. She fell down in a heap, dazed, and when she got up she glared at Harry. "What's that for?" she demanded, a bit irritated.





"Eww Gross Hermione!" Harry said and held up a wing with some feathers wet from her saliva. He tried to wipe it one the rug, he'd get Hedwig to preen him later.



"Where did those wings come from? Is your animagus a bird? Does it hurt? How were you able to fly? Can I take a sample of your feather? "Hermione was interrupted when Harry grabbed placed a finger in her lips. When she looked down at the finger to Harry's face, she heard him speak "Later Hermione, why don't you change first, since you knocked the water I was about to give you on both our clothes." He indicated the slightly wet shirt with wet spots. Hermione looked at her own blouse and gasped. Her thin cotton blouse was quite comfortable during the summer breeze but it gave no sense of modesty when it was wet.



And since most of the Water on glass fell on her, her Blouse was virtually transparent showing her very shocking pink, sexy cut brassiere. "Oh" She squeaked. Harry was having too much fun and decided to tease her more. He leaned down to her ear and said in a low voice "Pink Hermione? He breathed into her ear. She shivered all the way to her toes. Hermione pushed Harry to the side and ran upstairs to Ginny's were she assumed He trunk would be. 'Git' she thought. Harry laughed and turned back to the kitchen to return the now empty cup. Teasing people these days was so much fun.







Harry sat on the very top roof right beside the crooked chimney of the Burrow, looking at the stars scattering at the night sky. After Hermione arrived he explained all that he knew about what happened and he develop a headache from all the talking. Hermione was determined not to have a silent moment with him since "the pink bra incident" as he fondly labeled it. Hermione crammed every question and hypothesis regarding Harry's condition. The next few weeks were amazingly normal, well normal for ateen that sprouted of wings and fly. He credited this to the maturity and bonds of friendship with the people around him. Tonks and Fleur were acting funny, giving him goo goo eyes once in a while. He just smiled and spent time with them, asking tips about defense and dueling tactics, ignoring the goo goo eyes.





Hermione's list of possible scenarios of how Harry got his wings was getting ridiculous. The list had 42 possibilities, although Harry grudgingly admitted most had merit, but they need to run it with Madam Pompfrey. The most Funny was that Harry was an alien from a race with wings. He got a kick out of that. Hermione even suggested that it was a failed animagus transformation and Harry shot that idea down immediately, as he never even studied the animagus process.





Along with not needing his glasses, He was surprised when he could see better at night. It was not the same as daylight, more like afuzzy gray of shapes against a black background. It was infinitely better when he tried to let Ron see the totally dark room. He stumbled on the trunk right away.





Hedwig swooped down beside him and in his talons was abrown rat. She started ripping it to shred before stopping looking at Harry."No need Hedwig, I'm full" He grinned and the Owl sort of gave a look that spoke 'your loss' and continued eating. A breeze buffeted the burrow Hedwig moved slightly near him and used him as a shield so as to eat her meal without being slammed by a fairly strong breeze. He wrapped his wings to cover himself to provide protection and again looked at the stars.





Why was he feeling guilty? He was having fun, was he not supposed to grieve and become angsty because of the prophecy? Was it not his right at least to pour some of his frustrations on Dumbledore? After all, the Headmaster kept the prophecy secret from him, and that cost his godfather's life. He gazed again at the carpet of stars. Unlike in Pivet Drive where the stars were not visible because of the smog and light pollution, here everywhere you look pin pricks of light are scattered everywhere when the clouds and fog are not present. It was also quiet, and peaceful, and that's why he always relishes his stay here at the Burrow.





A star twinkled and harry looked at it. The Dog Star, Sirius, and he smiled. No what right did he have? Sirius was locked in hell for thirteen terrible years. Did he blame Remus? Or Dumbledore? No, he only blamed himself. He decided that he would dedicate his actions and decisions in honor of Sirius' memory. A bit of mischief? A bit of flirting? Hell, Sirius would even encourage that. Sighing he laid down the roof and closed his eyes.





Harry woke up at the sound of shouting, and Hermione's shrill voice shouting where is he? He glanced around it was already 7in the morning! He slept at the roof! Harry saw Fleur walking outside and searching the Burrow's grounds for him. The Burrow has extensive wards that would alarm if the death eaters or someone not trustworthy ever breached their property, the bell at the fireplace would chime. The order members too knew that's why they haven't panicked yet but were getting a bit worried. Hermione, meanwhile, did not know this and thought Harry was kidnapped.





Fleur looked around the trees; there was no sign of Harry. Looking back at the burrow, she spotted an odd shape on the roof, and upon recognizing who the person is, she grinned. "Aryy!" she shouted. Fleur knew the people inside the Burrow would hear her voice. "Had a good nap, oui?" she teased. Hermione, Tonks and Molly went outside, and following Fleur's line of sight.





"Harry! Get your but down here now!" Tonks screamed at him. Harry shrugged, he thought they were over reacting a bit and jumped headfirst. Hermione screamed but Harry fanned out his wings once he was clear of the building and soared for a moment. He was getting the hang of this he figured. He felt that flying was natural, and wondered what it felt not to have wings before. I must have been a Moody Git he mused. He now knew why he had taken to quidditch, his body yearned for the rush of wind, and a broomstick was an almost adequate substitute for the real thing. Almost was the key word. And he played in the air enjoying the wind against his wings. Total freedom.



"HARRY! Breakfast!" Mrs. Weasley shouted. He knew boys and their stomachs.



Having heard this, Harry's tummy grumbled a bit and he tucked his left wing, and swooped down like. Gradually slowing down he flapped a few times and then landed. "That was a bit irresponsible Harry and you know it" Hermione said as she glared at him. "You know Hermy, Pink really suits you" he said and she flushed. Both of them knew what he was referring too. The others wondered though, thinking how her cheeks turned pink when mad.



Walking towards the person least mad, he offered his arm to her and spoke "C'mon Fleur, Let's get away from these angry ladies "Fleur smiled and hooked her arm with his. Nodding to Mrs. Weasley to lead the way, the pair followed her back to the kitchen. Looking past her shoulder Fleur shot a triumphant look at Tonks and Hermione and a small dainty tongue peaked out finalizing her triumph, furthering in incensing her competition. Then she turned back to 'Arry talking excitedly about his flight and its implications in battle. She already knew the Formula, flying and defense against the dark arts.



"Bitch" Tonks said aloud, and Hermione nodded. Her usual goody two shoes trait forgotten as a new threat to her Harry finally appeared. And she couldn't find a more dangerous threat, a stunning blond with a perfect body and gorgeous blue eyes. Her other competitor which was obviously Tonks, as she kept making cow eyes at Harry this past two weeks.



'Frog eating bitch' she thought as she heard Fleur laugh again. Personally she thought France was a beautiful country, a fascinating culture and it had a wonderful language. Her parents visited the country every summer, but right now she cursed the country for producing hot French veelas.



Entering the kitchen Harry spied the mouth watering dishes and sat nearest the plate of bacon. How he loved bacon and Mrs. Weasley always cooked it to perfection, crispy but not burned, tasty but not greasy. Taking a seat immediately and Fleur sitting right beside him, she moved her chair closer so she can drape over 'Arry.



Harry thought Hedwig has been getting to him as it was also her favorite snack whenever the owl joined him for breakfast. Hedwig must have sensed her master's thoughts as she swooped in and landed on his shoulder. As usual Harry spoiled his familiar by feeding her a strip while munching and savoring a piece with his left. Hedwig noticed the French bird hanging to her master and immediately gave a solid glare. The veela also noticed this and glared back, her avian nature coming to the fore. Harry was eating the bacon until he almost finished his own take, unaware of the glare fest in his side.



"Where's Ron, Mrs. Weasley?" he asked and Molly replied. "Oh he's sleeping, he had a late night when he played chess with Bill, and they played past midnight"



"How's Bill anyway?" Harry asked. "Oh he's fine Harry, although he was a bit down a few weeks ago..." Sending a nasty glare at Fleur's direction, Molly continued. "Bill's ok now Harry, He's dating this lovely new intern at Gringgots, oh so polite when he brought her here." Harry nodded now realizing how awkward his question was with Fleur present, since he also knew the spectacular breakup from Ron's letters."It was quite the show" as Ron described it.



Luckily Fleur was busy taking offence at Hedwig's glare and insulting body language. Finally deciding on taking it on a higher level, Fleur snuggled closer to Harry, placing her cheek on his upper muscular and rubbing it there, then sent a superior look with a beautiful eyebrow arched at Hedwig, who was looking down at her from Harry's shoulder. 'Take that owl'Fleur mentally smirked.





Hedwig narrowed her amber eyes, she knew it was un becoming for a perfectly behaved beautiful owl as herself. Well if she had to do this, she had to time this right. If her memory served her right, the time would come as someone would provide it.



Hermione and Tonks finally entered the kitchen. They must have a long chat back there and Hermione sat down, opposite of Harry and Fleur, while Tonks tried to seat on Harry's side, not wanting Fleur to get the upper hand. Tonks slipped and made a crashing noise as she fell down the floor, and Hedwig took her chance. Thanking her distraction, she turned around and lifted her tail feathers, and making sure her master was looking over the clumsy one in concern, farted.



A puff of small hideous gas reached Fleur's dainty nose and she gasped and stood up. "C'est d?go?tant! Salope!!" she screeched! (This is so disgusting! Bitch!)



"Fleur?" Harry asked. He had learned to get used to this a week back. Hermione, Tonks and Fleur always acted weird around him. "Nothing, Arry" Fleur replied, smiling tightly, knowing that Hedwig was untouchable if she had to have her 'Arry. She gave a peck on his cheek and walked sexily to the bathroom... to throw up. That bitch of abird had one foul smelling gunk.





Hermione saw this though, and was red in the face to stop from laughing. She has to share this with Tonks have a proper laugh of it together. She breathed deeply and exhaled, and pushed her serving of bacon all the way to Hedwig. The next day Hermione and Tonks were often seen petting Hedwig and smiling at Fleur. Fleur responded by giving them a noble response, the finger. There was an added bonus as 'Arry did not know that Hedwig was also included in the Finger.



As usual Harry was a bit thick about it, who knew the female hierchy was so complex and discreet? Perhaps the the finger was anew sorority greeting. He even once saw Hedwig responding to the"finger" by flapping her wings and hooting. Maybe the females copied the males and mistook it as a greeting, for he and Ron used it almost daily at some of the arrogant slytherins. Both parties knew what it meant, and when it was angled at 30 degrees of the knuckle it meant fuck you, otherwise its fuck off. Girls were just weird as Harry shook his head.



Three Weeks before September the first, Harry was running around the Burrow property. Even though he always kept on flying every day, as his chest, back and flight muscles were developing nicely, he kept on jogging. Kingsley Shacklebolt pointed out that he'd have to exercise his lower body too, as he did not want his legs to develop slower than his upper body. He'd look weird like those over muscled wrestlers he saw Dudley was watching once with chicken legs. It would also develop more stamina, since he would begin dueling sessions with Moody and Shacklebolt, the order's top duelers later today. His running would ease in to help him adjust to the rigorous training.





Harry adjusted his objective from 3 miles to five, now that he could eat all he can with Mrs. Weasley's generous cooking, he even had more energy to burn. A trip around the burrow property was roughly around 1.3 miles, and so Harry circled the property three times. By the time he was finished he took off his shirt and wanting to conserve his legs for the training later, jumped into the air and soared through the air, landing on the roof first and squeezed the drenched shirt to remove sweat, then took off again and swooped straight to the window. A person on the roof hiding behind the chimney shuddered, she got lucky today, practically smelling the sweat of him.





Unbeknownst to Harry, this past week he gathered four pairs of eyes that diligently watched him circle the burrow three times and walk back to property shirtless, their naughty hands and naughty minds always made their mornings pleasurable. As they all shared a room, they all found places to feast on the yummy man meat. One had hidden herself on the roof, taking a card from Harry, but hidden by the shadow of the chimney. The kinky aspect made by being so exposed to the elements more exciting. The more daring one had taken to disillusioning herself by the back porch, setting up asilencing ward and taking seat on the old stiff wooden chair. A cushioning charm easily replaced that.





The third did not have the resources of the first two, not allowed magic she borrowed the object of his fantasies invisibility cloak and sat on the bushes, a piece of Harry's old underwear in her mouth to muffle her moans. The last thought she was lucky that her roommates left her now temporarily expanded room so early in the morning that she just watched the window, panting on the window. However she was caught, when her mother walked delivering the new laundered clothes when she was moaning" oh Harreeee!" and gave her the sternest talking too in her life.



After showering, he went down and saw Fleur getting back inside the house. Seeing her slightly flushed look and red cheeks, he thought she had another row with Bill again. They were now bitter towards each other whenever he was at the burrow, taking snipes at one another. "Oh Fleur" he said and her eyes opened wide in surprise. He thought that she didn't want him to see her like this, and moving compassionately he grabbed both her right hand. It was wet, and he was puzzled, her eyes were not red. Thinking it was a weird Veela trait, he remembered the old French Lords of the time and copied them. He took her still wet hands and kissed them right on the knuckles. It tasted wet, but not at all unpleasant. "Fleur" he asked?





Harry sighed. It was the weird time again when the girls would do something peculiar. Aside from Ron, he wondered if they were the last two sane persons in the burrow. It was catching rapidly, Harry thought, as Mrs. Weasley now flushed her face and always glanced sternly at Ginny whenever he was around. Waving his face at Fleur's suddenly stunned face, he gave up, just gave a small kiss on her forehead, he figured it was a safe, comforting kiss, and walked towards the kitchen looking for a snack.



Poor Fleur fell down sitting on the floor as she shivered in Climax, this was too much.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: reviews? Suggestions? Action packed fight scenes at the next chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story