Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Dark Light Within

OWL Results

by Concealed-Convict 4 reviews

Once again the title should say it all. If you want more detail: the teens get their OWL results; Harry does a bit of driving and they celebrate their results

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2008-12-25 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 3573 words

5Exciting
A/N: I still don't own Harry Potter; although I wouldn't mind renting a few of the female characters . . .

A/N 2: I am writing this on Christmas Day, so consider this my present to you! I am in a really good mood. (Anyone up for going out and getting completely smashed on New Years Eve?)

A/N 3: I'm serious about the getting drunk thing - anyone game?

Chapter 6: OWL Results

Harry raced up the stairs and stood under the cold shower; he was trying to calm himself down after seeing the girls in the pool: the way their T-shirts hugged their breasts. He decided it wasn't working and got out. He wrapped a towel around himself not a moment too soon.

"Harry," said Tracey as she opened the door and walked into Harry's room, "What's taking you so long?" She spotted Harry, "Oh."

"Oh? That's real dignified."

"Aww, you don't mind Harry. What's with all the scars?" Although Harry's body had toned up the scars were still visible.

He pointed to one on his arm. "This is where the basilisk got me," he explained. "A lot of the others are from the Dursleys..." he trailed off.

"I'm sorry Harry. I didn't mean to bring up those memories." Tracey walked over, and wrapped him in her arms as she sat on the bed beside him.

They sat like that for a moment until the silence was broken by someone clearing their throat. Both teens jumped up; Harry didn't recognise the woman standing in the doorway, but Tracey evidently did.

"Mum!" she exclaimed, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit my oldest daughter, and to see how Harry shapes up for my girl, although it's Mark he really needs to impress."

"Dad's here?"

"Yes, and so is Emily. And I expect you to treat her nicely. Would you mind introducing us now?"

"Oh, sorry. Mum, this is Harry. Harry, this is my mum, Liv."

"Hello ma'am," said Harry, holding out his hand.

"Please, call me Liv."

"Ok. Did Hilda explain everything to you?"

"She said she did."

"That's good enough for me."

Tracey interrupted saying "Mum, I don't mean to sound rude, but how long were you watching us?"

"Long enough to hear Harry talk about that scar," she said, pointing to the scar left from Harry's second year.

"So you saw us sitting there?"

"That was after, so yes, I did."

"I didn't really make the best first impression then, did I? The first sight you got of me was a naked teen, dressed in only a towel with his arms wrapped around your daughter."

"Don't worry Harry. I know what its like to be a teenager, although I don't really look like it. And I heard what was said before that. Anyway, just be glad it wasn't Mark who was sent up to see what was taking you two so long. He would've had a fit. Tracey's still his little girl."

"Ah, mum, can you not mention this until Harry is out of his reach?"

"I'll try."

"Promise?"

"No, it could be funny."

They heard a squeal of delight coming from downstairs.

"Sweet Morgana!" came Daphne's excited voice.

"We should probably get down there and see what that was about. Are you coming Harry?" asked Tracey.

"You couldn't give me a second?"

"Oh, right, sorry. I forgot."

"You forgot that he was sitting, basically naked, beside you?" queried Liv.

"Pretty much" was Tracey's reply.

After the girls left, Harry hastily got dressed in a pair of jeans and a white shirt. He was suddenly very nervous about going downstairs.

He walked slowly down, trying to slow his heart rate. The first sight he got of Mark didn't help either: he was muscled. Where Harry was toned, Mark was all muscle. His biceps looked like they were trying to rip apart the shirt sleeves. He was fairly tall as well. He was just over six feet, with close-cropped light blond hair. He was standing in the living room, talking animatedly with Tracey and Daphne. Hilda and Liv were talking quietly in a corner. The Delacours and Tonks were nowhere to be seen.

Harry approached nervously; he was taller, but Mark looked like a walking tank. Mark turned round as Harry entered and starred at him.

"Dad, this is Harry, Harry, this is my dad, Mark. And this is my little sister, Emily." Emily stood nervously behind her mother, but Mark approached Harry silently and held out his hand. He appeared to be judging Harry. As the two men shook hands, Harry felt Mark squeeze his hand; Harry kept his grip firm, but increased the pressure slightly.

"Good man." They were the first words Mark had said to Harry. "You've got a good handshake, I'm Mark."

"Harry. Err, I hope you don't mind me saying, but how come your so..." Harry trailed off, unsure to ask Mark why he was so muscled. "I mean, for a wizard, you seem much fitter than anyone else."

"That's because I'm not a wizard Harry. I'm what you call a muggle. No magical talent whatsoever."

"Ah, but even then..."

"I'm ex-army, gotta keep myself in shape after that."

"You're a soldier! That explains it."

"Yeah. I was a sergeant."

"How come you aren't any more? I mean, you're young enough..."

"I saw stuff Harry. I was captured in Belfast."

"Shit! My uncle was always going on about them: the bloody IRA!"

"Harry, both sides are as bad as each other. It has all hit the fan over there."

"What?" asked Harry; confused.

"Muggle saying," explained Mark. "When the shit hits the fan, something has been screwed up; badly."

"Ah, right."

Mark smiled and turned to his wife, "He passes."

"Really, then you won't mind me telling you that the first time I saw them he had only a towel on and his arms were wrapped around your daughter."

"What?" shouted Mark.

Liv just laughed as Mark faced Harry, who stood his ground. Tracey spoke up in his defence.

"It's alright dad, look, mum's laughing. I said something that brought up some bad memories."

"Okay, sorry for leaping to conclusions. I've some bad memories myself. I know how they can affect a person. I was lucky; Liv here saved me from insanity."

They sat in silence for a few moments before Mark asked "How did this conversation come about anyway? If you don't mind talking about Harry, but from my experience it helps."

Harry shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts, "It's okay. Tracey was asking me about my scars. I explained that one was from the basilisk, but most of the rest were from my so-called guardians. I only have a few from Voldemort."

"Only a few from Voldemort? Your guardians sound like dickheads."

"Watch your language!" interrupted Liv.

"It's okay: the boy will have heard worse at school."

"That doesn't mean you can say stuff like that."

"It's okay. They were complete assholes. They constantly starved me, and at the start of this summer they beat me to within an inch of my life. Hilda and Daphne saved my life."

"I heard all about that lad."

Daphne started to speak "Harry, you should take off your shirt."

"In front of your mum, and Tracey's parents, I'm not really sure. How about later?"

"That's not what I meant!" The other occupants of the room laughed. And as Tonks walked in she found an embarrassed Daphne and her jovial acquaintances.

"What did I miss?" she asked.

"My daughter getting very forward with Harry."

"Damn, I always miss the best bits, don't I?"

"Yeah," said Harry.

Mark instantly stopped laughing. "I hope you weren't being serious..."

"Naw, I wasn't, don't worry. I wouldn't do anything like that in front of you, but behind your back..."

Mark just laughed. "Show no fear, you could go far."

"All ready have, mate," said Harry, then quickly added "I'm only joking" at the look on Mark's face.

"Anyway, we have changed topic a lot. What were you squealing about Daphne?"

"OWL results Harry!"

"You're starting to sound like Hermione, now."

"Aww, that's sweet."

Harry just spluttered, then replied "You do realise I view her as a sister."

"Eugh! Harry, after what you saw earlier, don't say that to me."

"Then stop acting like Hermione. Anyway, how did you do?"

"All Os! Apart from history. I could an E in that."

"Not to bad. What about you Tracey?"

"Not as well as Miss Perfect here. I got Es across the board, except for charms and transfiguration. Although I've heard rumours of a good defence instructor. D'you think you could help me get an O in it?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, who else?"

"Right. Where are my results?"

"Hedwig has them; she wouldn't let anyone else take them."

Hedwig glided down to Harry from her position on the window-sill and held out her leg as Harry removed the letter. He opened it slowly, dreading the results he thought he would get.

"Shit!" said Harry, pleased with how well he had done. "I haven't done as well as you but... I'm surprised."

Harry looked at the sheet of parchment in his hand: Os in transfiguration, charms and Divination; Es in everything else, except history (which he had failed) and an O+ in Defence.

Just as he finished reading it Tracey grabbed the parchment from Harry's hands. "How did you get an O in Divination?" Daphne asked, who had read the results over Tracey's shoulder.

"I just kept writing that the tea-leaves foretold my death. I meant it as a joke!"

"An O plus in Defence. They haven't awarded one of those in nearly two centuries!"

"There is another bit of parchment here. Let me see what it says. It's from McGonagall"

He read the letter from his Head of House before giving everyone who was willing to listen a condensed version.

"It basically says that the O plus was awarded after they took the events at the end of each year into account and the patronus helped. She then made a few recommendations about what I should choose. She thinks that she could get me into potions and I'll try that. How many do you have to choose again?"

"It's really up to you. Tell us what you want to do and we'll make some recommendations," offered Hilda.

"Right, I'm going to do Potions, Defence, Transfiguration, Charms, Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies. McGonagall says I could do it pretty easily."

"That's six, that'll be enough," said Tracey.

"Okay, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. What are you taking?"

"I'm going to take Potions, Defence, we might end up needing it, Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology and Ancient Runes," said Tracey.

"What about you Daphne?" asked Hilda.

"Umm, I don't know. Potions, Defence, Transfiguration and Charms are must-do given the current situation, but I can't decide about the other two. Arithmancy and Muggle Studies I think."

"Right, you can finish deciding later, but dinner will nearly be cold, so you might want to eat quickly."

Over the food the talk consisted mainly of what subjects the teens were going to pick. Emily was getting very excited at the sound of Hogwarts because Harry learned she would be a first year and wanted to know everything about the school. At the end of the meal Mark offered to show Harry his car.

The two walked outside with Davide Delacour and admired the sleek Jaguar sitting in the driveway.

"Well Harry, in you get," said Mark.

Harry walked round to the passenger side and was about to climb in when Mark asked him "Hey, Harry, why are you getting in that side? Jump in the driver's seat."

"You mean it?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna teach you how to drive. I think you'll like it."

Harry climbed in behind the steering wheel and instantly adjusted the seat. Mark sat in the seat beside him. He talked Harry through the basics and before long Harry was driving comfortably round the house.

"Are you afraid or something Harry? Put your foot down," ordered Mark.

Harry was quick to comply and watched as the speedometer past seventy miles per hour.

"That's better," said Mark, "I knew you would like this. You're a natural, just like your dad."

"You knew my dad."

"Yeah, I taught him how to drive. It was shortly after Liv saved me. He was a good man, Harry. Never forget that."

"I won't."

Soon after Hilda came outside and waved for them to stop. She ran over and nearly dragged Harry out of the car. "You; upstairs; shower. You and the girls are going to celebrate your results tonight."

*

Harry got changed in record time and raced down the stairs, only to find the girls waiting for him. Harry had worn jeans and a dark t-shirt that showed off his toned arms. He could only gape when he saw the girls though: they looked fantastic in their co-ordinated outfits. Both were wearing miniskirts and a top that barely covered their chests. Mark obviously wasn't pleased about their state of dress - or undress as the case may be - but didn't say anything. He just threw Harry the keys to the car and told him to be careful.

Harry quickly thanked him and sat behind the wheel. As the engine roared into life the girls got into the back. The club they were going to wasn't far from Greengrass Manor and they reached the local nightlife within twenty minutes.

The teens had all decided to forgo any alcoholic drinks and Harry ordered them all cokes; happy that he still had money left over from when he and Daphne had gone out. The trio found a corner booth and talked for about three quarters of an hour, until the girls dragged Harry onto the dance floor. None of them took a break until the first slow song at which point Daphne returned to her seat.

She said "I've already danced with him, so you can go first. I need a break anyway."

"Don't I get a say in this?" questioned Harry.

"Nope," replied Tracey quickly. "Now get over here and dance with me."

"Okay ma'am."

The night continued in much the same fashion: Harry and the girls spent most of the time dancing, but when a slow song came on the girls took it in turns. Harry barely got a break.

It was nearing one in the morning, still a couple of hours before the club closed and Harry was dancing with Tracey. He glanced at the booth where Daphne was sitting to see her surrounded by a group of men with an evident look of fear in her eyes. Harry instantly stopped dancing with Tracey and strode over to the table.

"Is there a problem son?" asked a fat man, who was sitting nearest Daphne, almost crushing her into the corner.

"Yeah, there is. Get away from my girlfriend," Harry ordered. He held out his hand to Daphne without waiting for the man to reply and helped her out.

"What about that other girl, the one on your arm?" asked the man.

"What about her?" said Harry.

"Ain't she your bitch?"

"What the fuck!?" exclaimed Harry.

"Harry, leave it alone," pleaded Tracey as she and Daphne tried to pull Harry away.

"Yeah," the man called "Let your sluts keep you outa trouble. Bet they don't do that in bed, I bet they're fighting each other to see who goes first!"

"Well, actually, we have a rota," said Tracey, "And it's her turn tonight. I get to go first in the morning."

The fat man spat at her, which set Harry off.

"You fat bastard!" he yelled, before marching up to the man and punching him in the nose. There was an audible snap and the man's nose started bleeding profusely. Harry went to hit the man again, but Daphne stepped in front of Harry and led him away.

"He isn't worth it," both girls said.

Harry drove back to Greengrass Manor aggressively and they managed the journey in ten minutes. The adults were startled at the blood on Harry's hand, but as he explained the story they understood. Mark was the first to speak afterwards.

"Harry, I want to thank you for defending the girls," was all he said.

"So would I," agreed Hilda, before adding "But walking away after the first punch was perhaps the hardest thing to do. Well done."

Fleur and her family said it was a gallant thing to do.

*

The teens spent the next two hours chatting on the sofa. They talked about quidditch, Hogwarts, their hopes for the future and how to improve inter-house relations at school.

"I'll start encouraging more Slytherins to join the DA," agreed Harry. "But that doesn't mean I'll accept everyone."

They talked about more trivial things after that including shopping, which Harry barely listened to, and the different people at their school. Harry leaned a surprising amount about people in his year he had barely talked to, like Susan Bones and Hannah Abbott, as well as Padma Patil and her twin, Parvati. Harry realised he didn't know as much as he should about the people in his year and vowed that, when he returned to Hogwarts, he would make a better effort to get to know everyone.

A yawn from Daphne signalled the time for bed: it was nearly half three in the morning; the Davies had left and everyone else was in bed.

"We don't even need to sneak into your room Harry," said Tracey.

"What?"

"We told you earlier we were going to your room tonight," said Daphne.

"I thought that you were joking!"

"Well, we weren't. Don't worry. We'll get up in the morning before anyone else and return to our room. No one will know," the girls reasoned.

"Okay then" agreed Harry.

The teens managed to undress quickly: all three slept in just underwear as it was a warm night. Unfortunately the girls failed to wake the next morning and the adults found them sleeping with Harry.

*

Harry awoke the next day with sunlight streaming in through the windows. He could feel the warmth of a pair of bodies lying beside him and hair upon his chest. He momentarily enjoyed the situation until he made the connection: sunlight and two people asleep beside him. "Shit!" he thought.

As he stirred he woke both girls. Tracey opened her eyes and gave him a lingering kiss on his lips and Daphne immediately followed suit. Then it hit them. Almost as one they rose, cursing. Harry lay where he was and admired their asses. Then he got up and it was the girls' turn to admire his figure. Harry watched them as they left the room. He decided that their bodies were actually very similar; both could make a career from muggle modelling.

He pulled on a dressing gown and walked downstairs to find Hilda sitting at the table reading the "Daily Prophet." She smiled at him as he entered.

"So, Harry, did you have fun last night? I hear that having two girls at once is quite a common fantasy."

"We didn't do anything."

"Apart from sleeping together, more or less naked from what I could see this morning."

"Whatever, we didn't do anything. Well, there might have been a bit of kissing, but that was it!" admitted Harry.

"Okay, I believe you, for now. Just be glad Mark went home last night."

"Does that mean you don't mind?"

"Harry, of course not. I was a teenage girl and let's just say that if Daphne is anything like me nothing will stop her. The same goes for Tracey actually."

"What about Mark?" asked Harry worriedly.

"I won't tell him if you don't. Although I think he would appreciate it Harry; you made a good impression with the Davies."

"That's good," said Harry, who then decided to turn the conversation away from his bedroom antics. "Anything newsworthy in the papers this morning?"

Hilda's dace turned sour. "You aren't going to like it."

"What's it this time? Am I some kind of a raving lunatic who streaked through the centre of London?"

"Not quite," said Hilda, handing Harry the paper.

As Harry saw the front cover he knew what Hilda had been talking about, even without reading the headline. There was a group of magical pictures on the front cover. The first showed him dancing with Tracey; the second was him and Daphne dancing. The others were of the confrontation between the man and him, including a picture of the man spitting at the teens, followed by an image of Harry hitting the man, whose nose promptly broke and Harry being dragged away by the girls. He wondered how people would take it...

Thanks
Concealed-Convict

Merry Christmas everyone! (If you don't celebrate Christmas, then I apologise, but I don't know enough to know much about the world's major religions and can't send you a greeting of seasonal cheer.)
A/N: There you go: chapter six. Unfortunately I will be away for the next week and will not be able to update; I'm skiing with some friends so obviously that getting drunk thing was a joke. That means you can disregard "A/N 3" at the start. Well, no updates for the next fortnight or so [insert sobbing here].

Happy New Year! I hope Santa was nice to you.
Sign up to rate and review this story