Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Dark Light Within

Not Another Will Reading

by Concealed-Convict 13 reviews

does exactly what it says on the tin ... and then some. HP/DG/TD

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-12-23 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 8258 words

5Original
A/N: Sorry, I still don’t own Harry Potter.

A/N 2: Thanks for all the reviews.

A/N 3: Please continue to vote in my poll on FanFiction. I will close it soon though!

A/N 4: Sorry about the length of time it took me to write this chapter. I had coursework to finish before the Christmas break and I was sick. So, to make up for that, I’ve made this chapter even longer. [Inserts fake cheers here.]

Chapter 5: Not Another Will Reading

As Harry stumbled out of the fireplace he was once again assaulted by questions, all of which were about the look on Dumbledore’s face when he saw Harry.

“Did you see the look on Dumbledore’s face when he walked past you, Harry?” came from three different voices at once.

“No, I didn’t see him. Where was he?”

“He walked in quietly, before sitting up the back. It was almost like he was trying to avoid you,” said Hilda, who appeared to be spokeswoman for the group.

“Really? That is interesting.”

“Yeah, wonder what’s up?” said Daphne.

“Umm, Harry, I think I gotta tell you something,” muttered Tracey.

“What is it?” said Harry, instantly worried.

“I think my parents know where you are staying. They saw us arriving. I told them it was just a coincidence that we arrived at the same time, but I don’t think they’ll believe me.”

“Shit!” exclaimed Harry.

“Don’t worry too much Harry,” said Hilda calmly, “I know the Davies. They wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“Right, that helps,” said Harry.

“I’ll talk to them if you want.”

“That would be great,” replied Harry. “Thanks.”

“I’ll floo over there now and explain the situation then,” said the elder Greengrass as she strolled to the fireplace and grabbed a handful of floo powder. She threw the green powder into the fire and said an address Harry didn’t hear.

“Well, that’s that taken care of. What do you want to do now?” questioned Harry as the fireplace glowed and Tonks walked calmly out. “How come everyone else can do that?” he asked. “Except Tracey,” he added.

The three girls struggled not to giggle at this point, but Harry presumed it was something else.

Once she had recovered from her fit of giggles Daphne said “I want to here what Sirius Black left you.”

“He left me his title, money and all his property.”

Tracey and Daphne gasped, before looking at Tonks with a questioning look.

“I don’t think he’s realised what that means yet” she replied to the unasked question.

“Harry, that makes you Lord Black, and head of the household.”

“Wow, I didn’t think Sirius would do that. Anyway, I thought it had to go to a blood relative.”

“Usually it does,” explained Tonks, “Unless the previous head of the house requested it in his will it would pass to the oldest male heir.”

“So, that would have been . . .” thought Harry.

“Draco Malfoy.”

“Ah, I can see why Sirius name you as his successor then,” said Tracey.

“Right, that’s one thing out of the way, I just have one more question. Why were the Black family awarded a lordship?”

“Nobody seems to know. It must have been a while ago though because in the last couple of centuries the Blacks have been a dark house, and a lordship is awarded for services to the country.”

“Why couldn’t a dark household get a lordship? I am thee Dark Champion you know.”

“I keep forgetting that Harry. I’m using the terms dark and light as they are used now. I suppose evil is a better word to use.”

“Thank you. So, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?”

“Yeah, we were going -” started Daphne, but Harry interrupted her.

“Actually, I have to go back to Diagon Alley; the Weasley twins gave me a note warning me about Molly and Ginny. They said that they would explain later, so I’m going to visit their shop.”

“Aww, that sort of ruins our plans.”

“Sorry. You can come with me if you like?”

“We would like to, but I don’t think people would appreciate Harry Potter walking round with a pair of Slytherins. They would that we had you under a love potion.”

“Okay, I can see your reasoning.”

“I’ll go with you Harry” volunteered Tonks.

“Right, sounds good. When do you want to go?”

“Whenever suits you.”

“What about right now? I want to get this done sooner, rather than later.”

“Okay.”

As Harry and Tonks stepped into the fire Daphne turned to Tracey and said “We’re going to have to give him those swimming lessons some other time then.”

*

As soon as Harry stepped out of the fireplace in Fred and George’s shop he was covered in soot, which had fallen on him from somewhere above his head, although when he looked up he couldn’t see the source.

“Oh sorry Harry,” he heard Fred say, but he didn’t know why he was so sure it was Fred.

“We’ll fix you right up” said George; he seemed to speak slower, but only very slightly.

“He saw the twin on his right, Fred, waving a wand, and felt the soot being cleaned off him.

“Fred, George” he said nodding to each twin in turn.

“How are you so sure which one of us is which?” George asked.

“You speak slower,” explained Harry. Looking closely at the twins he saw that Fred had one or two more freckles on his cheeks, although he would never have been able to see them without his improved vision, and he doubted many other people could see them anyway.

He heard Tonks emerging from the fireplace behind him and turned around to see a woman covered in a fine black powder.

Fred swished his wand at her and the soot vanished.

“Wotcher!” exclaimed Tonks. “Thanks Fred”

“You can tell the difference between us too?” questioned George.

“Yeah. It’s not that hard now that I try.”

“Damn,” said Fred. “Harry, I’m presuming that this is about the note we gave you.”

“Pretty much,” said Harry.

“Well, we overheard Molly and Ginny talking.” Harry was surprised at the use of Molly, rather then mum or something similar, but decided to ignore it for now. “It turns out they are planning to put a love potion into some food which Ginny will give you. It’s part of Dumbledore’s plan or something”

“Thanks.”

“That’s why we have severed all links with our family,” said George.

“We refuse to be manipulated by that fool Dumbledore any longer,” was Fred’s input.

“Thanks, guys.”

“Wait, Harry. That’s not all”

“No, it isn’t.”

“The goblins asked us to give you a letter. After seeing that note we handed you and your reaction they decided we were trustworthy. It can only be read by you, the goblin said, Blacktooth, I think his name was.”

George fished into his pocket and handed Harry a letter. He flipped it over and broke the Gringotts seal. It read:

Dear Lord Potter-Black,

As you are now of age all information regarding the Potter vault will now be sent directly to you. You are required to go to any Gringotts bank as soon as possible so your new position can be explained to you.

Your loyal Accounts Manager,
Blacktooth

Harry was stunned, he was about to inherit even more than what Sirius had left him.

He explained this to the others gathered. He and Tonks said their goodbyes to the twins before exiting the store. As they walked out, Tonks changed her appearance to a tanned girl about Harry’s age with black hair and brown eyes.

“It’s so that nobody recognises me,” she explained at Harry’s confused look. “Race you to Gringotts!” she declared before sprinting off.

Harry jogged behind her, admiring the view until about one hundred and fifty yards from the steps of Gringotts, when he sped up and nearly flew past Tonks. He ran up the stairs, two at a time, and waited for Tonks to reach him.

“Wow, Harry where did that come from?”

“Umm, can’t really say in public,” he replied.

“Oh,” said Tonks as she realised what Harry meant. She jumped inside the building and exclaimed “Beat you.”

“No you did not,” argued Harry.

“Yes I did. The race was to inside the building.”

“Damn you, woman, and your confusing ways,” said Harry jokingly.

They both laughed and made their way to the Inquiry’s Desk.

“Hello, how can I help you?” said a bored looking goblin.

“Yeah, I’m here to talk to Blacktooth,” said Harry.

At once the goblin sat up straight and said “Lord Potter-Black, always a pleasure, right this way sir.”

“Please, call me Harry.”

The goblin smiled and led them to a hall behind his desk. Harry and Tonks followed him to an elaborate door before being ushered inside. “Go on in,” said the goblin “Blacktooth will see you whatever time it is.”

Harry and Tonks nervously entered the room. They saw a large goblin sitting behind a desk. He looked up as they closed the door behind them and welcomed the two.

“Hello Lord Potter-Black and who might your companion be?”

“This is Nymphadora Tonks,” explained Harry. “And please, call me Harry.”

“Ah yes, the metamorphmagus.”

“That’s me.”

“Right Harry, let’s see here,” said Blacktooth as he looked around the sheets scattered over his desk. “Here it is,” he said pulling a folder out. “The Potter will.”

“I thought that’s what I was coming here for.”

“You are perceptive.”

“When your life is constantly in danger it helps.”

The goblin chuckled, “I can see why you would say that. Now, down to business. After discovering Dumbledore’s deception, don’t ask how, we decided to go through our records and realised he had taken part in or orchestrated more illegal than we realised: the first was that he completely disregarded your parents will; he has been stealing money from you vault; the rest are numerous, but these are the only ones which directly affects you. In short, you were never meant to live with the Dursley’s, even after Sirius’ arrest; you were meant to be cared for by Minerva McGonagall. Under no circumstances were the Dursley’s to care for you. You were also to be informed of your emancipation at the age of sixteen and were to receive your inheritance on your sixteenth birthday. In short, Lord Potter-Black, you are now a Lord twice, and a baron –you can only get one barony – and you have inherited all the Potter family possessions. I believe that most are in the family vault for safekeeping and the rest are in Potter’s Hall. Any other items were destroyed at Godric’s Hollow, I’m sorry.”

Harry sat, stunned, for a few seconds until the goblin continued to speak, breaking his reverie.

“I can escort you to the vault now if you wish.”

“I might as well get it over and done with.”

“Very good, Harry, if you will just follow me.”

Harry and Tonks followed Blacktooth through a door which had appeared behind the goblin’s desk. The walked straight into the carriage and, as Blacktooth said “Potter family vault,” the carriage leapt forward, before plunging downward.

After a few exhilarating minutes the carriage slowed, before coming to a complete stop. Harry stepped down and caught a dazed Tonks. They turned round, only to find themselves looking straight at a blank wall. Blacktooth laughed and called Harry over.

“Harry, I need you to rub some of your blood along the wall. It is protected by ancient magic and only a blood relative can access the vault.” He hastily added “Dumbledore took the money from your trust vault, it refilled itself any time there was a withdrawal. The money was taken from in here, but now that you have come to claim it, all the money in that vault will be transferred to one of the rooms in here.” Blacktooth handed a stunned Harry an elaborate knife.

“One of the rooms?”

“Yes, one of he rooms. I believe there are several. One is for your money, another for property deeds and contracts etc. and another is for your actual possessions. There are even rumours of a secret room inside your vault, although it was not created by the goblins.”

“Wow,” uttered Harry as he cut his palm and wiped it along where Blacktooth had indicated. At once there was a sound like thunder and a large door, easily big enough for four people the size of Hagrid to walk abreast through, appeared in the wall. It creaked open, and Harry saw a smallish room with three doorways, one on either side, and one straight ahead. He heard a sound from the one in front of him, and pulled it open. Inside were mountains of galleons, and as he watched money seemed to pour down from the ceiling.

“That is your trust vault emptying itself,” said Blacktooth. Tonks stood beside him, but was too stunned to say anything.

Harry closed the door and turned to the one on his right, as he opened the door, he saw a small room with a desk in the middle, and bookcases lining the walls. In the bookcases were rows of muggle folders.

“This is all your deeds and legal work,” explained the goblin, “I will look through it all later to uncover just how much you own. The last room must be your possessions.”

As Harry walked through the final doorway he saw that the goblin was correct. Once Harry was in the hall the door behind him slammed shut. He whirled around at the noise and started to panic. He turned back around slowly, whilst taking out his wand. What he saw surprised him. It was a multi-view pensieve. He had read that only two still existed worldwide because they used up so much magic to make. As he watched an image of his father appeared. Harry was stunned when it started to speak.

“Hello Harry, if you are watching this it means that I am dead. My only wish is that I was putting up a fight at the time. Now, I don’t have very much time to record this, so I will do it quickly. The goblins have heard rumours about this place, it is said there is a secret room. Those rumours are correct. If you approach the wall to your left and press the Potter signet ring to the niche it will open, although I have never figured out why the items in their were left there. On the desk there is a note, it simply said ‘the one to whom these items are meant will know the time is right to retrieve them.’ I know I’m not the one to retrieve them so I hope you know what to use them for. The ring can be found under this pensieve. My time is short now, and I will give you a few final words. There was a prophecy made years ago. It said ‘when the time is upon all wizards that either the forces of good or evil shall prevail the saviour must look towards the place where he first encountered his foe after defeating him once. What he finds there will allow him to defeat the evil that will tarnish this world.’ I have one last thing to say Harry: never forget that Lily and I love you. Goodbye son.”

The image faded from view and Harry realised he had tears running unchecked down his cheek. He bowed his head and walked forward to pick up the ring. He then made his way over to the niche in the wall, slipping the ring on his finger as he did so. After it had resized itself he pushed it against the wall. Another door appeared and as Harry watched it opened by itself. Inside the room there was a simple desk, but behind the desk were the items mentioned by his father.

Mounted on the wall was a black bow, obviously elven, with a quiver of arrows. Beside them, a selection of armbands made from various materials and a variety of vials sat on a shelf. Rummaging through the drawers in the desk Harry uncovered a small booklet detailing the armbands and the vials. As he read through the book he discovered what the armbands and vials were – the instructions said they were for making an object which could channel magic, much like a wand, except more effective. Following the instructions in the booklet, Harry waved his hand over each of the armbands. He felt a light tingling over some of them, but he felt magic pouring off a mithril one. According to the booklet, this was the armband he should choose. As he picked it up it glowed with a bright silver light; the light grew darker until it seemed as if it radiated darkness. Harry’s hand was enveloped in a shadow which he couldn’t see through. Suddenly the shadow receded and Harry was holding a metallic armband that was pure black.

Now that he had the armband chosen, Harry needed to choose the primary and secondary cores.

“Agemo,” he called mentally. His phoenix appeared beside him.

“I know what you wish for,” the bird said. “You want one of my feathers for that magical focus you are making. One of your predecessors required the same item, although he did not have as big a range of other materials as you have before you.” Even as the phoenix was talking, a feather floated downwards toward Harry.

“Thanks,” said Harry.

“It is no problem. If it would not bother you, I would like to watch you work.”

“That’s no problem; you know what I’m supposed to be doing. If I start to make a mistake will you point it out to me?”

“Yes, although I doubt that you will need corrected.”

With that Harry put the armband and feather beside each other on the desk. He held his hand over each of the other ingredients and once again he felt the magic react to his presence. He eventually chose a chimera scale, although the dragon heartstring was a close second.

Once he had the ingredients he placed the armband on the table with the feather and scale with it. He then cut his palm again and let the blood drip onto all three parts. Glancing at the instructions he read the incantation. Once he was finished there was a flash and when the light had diminished enough for Harry to look at the armband what he saw amazed him. The armband was black, maybe an inch or two wide, with tribal markings going round it in silver.

He slipped it on his right arm, under the t-shirt he was wearing; it rested upon his bicep. To test it out, he summoned the bow and quiver to him and strapped them to his back before exiting the room. He looked about the possessions that were now his until he realised that he had left Tonks and Blacktooth waiting for him. He threw open the door and found Tonks lying asleep on the floor. Blacktooth was sitting, but he was still awake.

“Harry, you took so long in there we were starting to get worried.”

“Sorry, I guess I got carried away.”

“It’s no problem. While you were gone I took the liberty of collecting the Black family ring for you.”

“Oh, thanks.”

Tonks stirred and slowly opened her eyes, “Huh, where I am?” she asked groggily. Suddenly she sat upright when she saw Harry, “Finally, I was worried about you.”

“You didn’t seem too worried two seconds ago.”

“That’s not the point. What kept you so long?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

“Okay, confidential, is it?”

“Yeah, I just don’t want too many people knowing.”

“Right, but I expect you to tell me when we get back.”

“No problem, just remind me later.”

“Will do.”

Blacktooth, sensing the conversation was coming to an end asked “Would you like to return to the surface now?” He was intrigued, but he knew when to avoid saying anything. This Harry Potter seemed like he could be a terrifying adversary . . . or an incredibly strong ally to the goblin nation.

“Yes, unless there is something you want to do Tonks?”

“Can I just go to my vault to withdraw some money?”

“No problem.”

*

Walking out of Gringotts into the bright sunlight Harry was surprised to see the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, approaching him.

“Harry!” he exclaimed joyfully, with a large smile seemingly plastered onto his face.

“That’s Lord Potter-Black.”

“What do you mean Harry?”

“You don’t have the right to call me by my first name. Last time I checked, you were spreading a lot of rumours about my sanity.”

“That’s in the past, my boy, now -”

“I’m not your boy, Fudge,” stated Harry calmly. By now the confrontation had enticed many people in the alley to gather round and a few gasped at the tone of voice Harry was using towards Fudge.

“Now, young man, as your Minister of Magic, I demand your respect.”

“You’ll have my respect when you deserve it. Not only did you spend the last year spreading rumours about me, but you also gave permission for Umbitch to use a blood-quill on me.” Most of the people gathered round were shocked at that last statement. “But that’s not the end of it. You have also helped death-eaters, like Lucius Malfoy, escape long stays in Azkaban because you will do anything for a galleon.”

“Harry, I -”

“Save your breath. I’m out of here,” said Harry as he turned his back on Fudge and walked away. The crowd parted before him and Tonks ran to catch up.

“Wow, Harry, you attracted a lot of attention back there. Is all of it true?”

“You mean the blood-quill thing, yeah, I think so.”

“What do you mean, you think so?”

“Well, Umbridge did use a blood-quill on me and I made an educated guess that she wouldn’t do anything without his permission.”

“Harry, you could take them before the Wizengamot for this!”

“I know, but I don’t feel as if it’s necessary. Wait until the “Daily Prophet” publishes what I just said.”

“Yeah, he loved the spotlight, and now the public will be calling for his resignation. Helping to harm the Boy-Who-Lived won’t have done him any good.”

“Exactly,” Harry and Tonks entered Fred and George’s shop, and after some polite conversation they flooed back to Greengrass Manor.

*

At dinner that night, just as everyone was finished eating, Tonks said “So, Harry, what happened when you got locked in that room at Gringotts today?”

“What!?” exclaimed both Tracey and Daphne.

“When Gringotts feels that whatever is in a particular room is for your eyes only it will lock anyone else out,” explained Hilda.

“That’s what happened today. It turns out that there is a secret room in Gringotts, within the Potter vault; the goblins don’t even know for sure if it’s real or not.”

“And is it?”

“Yes. That’s why Gringotts locked Tonks and Blacktooth out of that room. Anyway, long story short: I went in, the door closed behind me; I saw a pensieve vision of my dad; found the Potter signet ring and opened the secret room.”

“What was in there?” asked Daphne.

“A note saying that the person who needed the items would know who they were, an elven bow and arrows which are enchanted to return to the quiver unless they break and everything needed to make another magical focus.”

“You mean a wand-making kit?”

“No, I mean a magical focus making kit. Wands are the easiest to make, but when using one, you can be disarmed. I made an armband. Although I can use wandless magic easily, it drains me quicker than if I used a magical focus.”

“Let’s see it,” said Hilda.

Harry rolled up his sleeve and pulled the armband off. He then handed it over to Hilda. She examined it for a few seconds before speaking.

“Remarkable,” she said, “This metal is unlike any other I have seen before, although it’s black, I would say that it’s platinum.”

“Close, but it’s mithril.”

“Mithril? Nobody knows how to make that any more. How can you tell it is mithril anyway?”

“Erm, that’s what the label said.”

Everybody chuckled, before Hilda continued. “Now, see these tribal markings in silver. I believe I have seen an example of them before, but they are very, very rare.”

“What are they then?”

“They are of a tribe of dark elves rumoured to live in the forbidden forest. The only other place I have seen them was the blades of your swords. Come to think of it, I reckon your swords are made of mithril as well. Can I see your bow and arrows?”

As Harry passed the bow and arrows over the table, and Hilda handed Daphne the armband Harry remembered what the vision of his father had said. He told everyone assembled about the prophecy his father had told him about and the forbidden forest. They remarked that it made sense.

“Harry, this bow the first I have seen of its kind. It is elven, and it is made from mithril. It would take great strength to draw it, even with all the enchantments on it. It also has the same markings on it as the sword and your armband, as does the quiver. How did you know the arrows would return to your quiver anyway?”

“I remembered seeing the archery range when I got the tour so I started to practice. It’s harder than it looks.”

“That’s no problem. Daphne is a fairly good archer; she could teach you.”

“Would you?” Harry turned to face the girl in question, and added “Please?”

“Yeah, I could do that.”

“And what would I do while you two are on the archery range?” asked Tracey.

“You could learn too,” said Daphne, already thinking about how she could use this to get close to Harry.

“Really? Thanks,” said Tracey.

“Right, it’s settled then,” said Harry. Then he declared, “I’m knackered, so I’m off to bed. You lot can keep studying my new playthings if you want.”

Just as Harry rose from the table, a patronous in the form of something that looked half avian-half human soared through the window and straight towards him. It flew into him before delivering its message; Harry thought that the feeling was quite disconcerting.

“Harry,” said the patronous, with Fleur’s voice, although it had a very strong French accent. “Come quickly, my home is under attack from Death Eaters. Someone must have seen us talking earlier. Please, save my family.” She sounded desperate at the end, almost in tears.

With a flash Agemo appeared before Harry.

“I guess I’m not going to bed yet,” said Harry dryly before he disappeared.

*

Meanwhile, at the foothills of the French Alps, in the grounds of a rural mansion, a man, clad all in black was walking confidently round the grounds.

“Come out, come out wherever you are!” he called.

Nearby, a young French girl lay hidden beneath the roots of a large tree. Her older sister had sent her out here to hide; they were the only two how knew about the hideaway.

She watched as the strange man spun around.

“Ah, Potter, so nice to see you again.”

Harry was disorientated. He saw a death eater in front of him whirl around and barely heard what he had said when he realised he had left anything useful at Greengrass Manor. He didn’t have time for this; he had to save Fleur and her family.

He sent a silent stunner at his opponent, but misjudged the strength it would need. He stared as the body flew through the air and crumpled against the tree. He heard a gasp as the body dropped and he saw a pair of light blue, almost grey eyes starring at him from beneath the tree. He approached the twin orbs and recognised their owner as Gabrielle, Fleur’s sister.

“Quick, tell me where everyone else is,” he ordered.

“Mama and papa were in the living room, Fleur should be in her bedroom,” said a stunned Gabrielle.

Harry showed no surprise at the girl’s almost faultless English, but asked “How many more men are there?”

“I don’t know; three of them tried to grab me and Fleur. That one,” she nodded towards the man slumped against the tree, “came out to chase me. Fleur lowered me out her window and turned to fight. Please help her.”

“I’ll do my best,” said Harry, still astonished at the force behind his spell. “Stay here.”

With that he ran off, round the corner and straight into a death eater standing guard at the door.

“Off,” both landed heavily. Harry rolled to his feet and watched as the death eater rose. Instead of giving him time to cast a spell, he curled his hand into a fist and struck the man in the face, following up with a quick kick to the legs. The man hit the ground for the second time in as many seconds, unconscious.

Harry ran into the building and turned right: he could hear screaming. He burst into the room, firing stunners towards where he had heard the death eater’s laughter, using less power this time. He hit one, but the other two dodged: one dived behind a sofa and the other ducked. The one that ducked rose, casting a shield, and gloated.

“Two against one boy,” he laughed.

The death eater behind the sofa rose. It was a female: Bellatrix Lestrange; she cast a shield as well. Harry sent a banisher towards the man, testing his shield and was surprised when it completely destroyed the charm and the man flew backwards, too shocked to scream, and he hit the wall. He fell slowly down it, leaving a smear of blood.

The other death eater had disappeared. Harry looked around the room, trying to find her, but he saw her sprinting through a door. He made to chase her, but then remembered the purpose of his unexpected visit. He saw Mr. Delacour stunned on the sofa and Mme. Delacour, obviously Fleur’s mother and the half-veela, frozen in place against another wall. He quickly revived Mr. Delacour; defrosted his wife, and told them both to find their daughter. They ran from the room, and as they turned their back, Harry noted the signs of torture on the woman’s back. They had obviously just finished with her as he had entered the room.

Harry ran back into the hall way, wondering which way to go.

“The last one is up the stairs and to the left,” sounded Agemo’s voice inside his head.

He sent a mental thank you and ran up the stairs, taking two or even three at a time. He stopped outside Fleur’s room. He could hear sounds of a struggle coming from inside the room.

“Hold still bitch,” said a man’s voice. Then came the sound of someone being slapped: hard.

He heard Fleur whimper; she was refusing to cry out. There was the sound of ripping cloth as Harry calmly opened the door with his arms raised.

“Drop her,” he commanded.

The two men just laughed. Fleur was being held over a chair by one of them and she looked desperate. Her face was pale with fear and her normally perfect hair was all over the place. Her shirt and bra had been ripped off. The two men had obviously been attempting to rape her. It looked as if she had put up a good struggle: one of the men was holding his chest and the other had a broken nose and cuts all over his face. Both looked as if they had been severely burnt.

Harry fought to remain calm. “When you’re angry you make rash decisions” he told himself.

One of the men started to talk. “Aww, what can little Harry do? He has no wand.”

“Little Harry can do lots of things, like this,” said Harry, surprising even himself with the cold tone of his voice. He sent a blasting curse straight at the man holding Fleur, putting all his power behind it. The man’s body crashed through the wall behind him.

The last remaining death eater realised he had to escape and quickly cast two spells: a blasting curse at the ground, and the dark mark, before apparating away.

As the ground beneath him crumbled Harry did the only thing he could think of: he grabbed Fleur and jumped out the window. He heard Fleur gasp.

Harry hit the ground and walked towards the group of people under the tree where he had found Gabrielle. Once he arrived at them Agemo appeared behind them and Dumbledore in front. Agemo had obviously known that the other man would appear and had hidden himself from view.

Dumbledore looked sadly upon the ruined house with the dark mark above it. He said “I was too late.” He turned round quickly at the sound of someone’s voice.

“You were too late, old man. I saved them,” said Harry Potter.

Dumbledore started to question Harry, but he, and the Delacour family, disappeared.

*

Harry reappeared back in the Greengrass’ dining room and barely took in the sight of the concerned witches before he fainted from magical exhaustion.

*

Harry could hear someone breathing gently near him as if they were asleep. He slowly opened his eyes and looked towards the armchair beside his bed. In it sat Fleur, fast asleep; though the motion of her eyelids told Harry she was dreaming.

He watched her sleep for about five minutes before getting out of bed and starting to get dressed. He went into the bathroom to put on his boxers in case Fleur woke up unexpectedly.

Once he had used the toilet and used a charm to clean his teeth he exited the bathroom and started to pull on the rest of his clothes. He dressed quickly and decided to wake Fleur, but as he turned around he saw that she was awake and starring at him.

“Good morning,” he greeted her.

“Harry, you should not be awake yet! You used more magic last night than most people could in a year!” said an astounded French quarter veela.

“Yeah, well, I’m up, but I want some food. What time is it?”

“It’s twenty past two,” said Fleur after glancing at her watch. “But, before you leave this room, we need to talk.”

“About what?”

“You’re different Harry. I can sense it. You are more like me.”

“What do you mean?”

“You aren’t entirely human.” It was a statement rather than a question.

“Shit! I guess my big secret isn’t all that secret.”

“It’s all right, I won’t tell anyone. I doubt that ordinary people would be able to feel it.”

“Okay, that’s a relief, but if you can sense it that means your mum, and probably your sister, can as well. I’m going to have to tell them.”

Harry turned and opened the door to the hallway.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Come downstairs and I will tell your family. I don’t want to have to repeat myself.”

*

Harry walked into the dining room to find the other three Delacours sitting there. Gabrielle instantly ran up to him and grabbed him in a surprisingly tight hug.

“Thank you,” she said, “Last night was the second time you saved my life.”

“It’s no problem. How are you feeling this morning?”

“I’m alright; the bad men didn’t find me.”

“That’s good then.” Harry turned to Mme. Delacour and her husband. “How are you two?”

“We are good; our injuries were physical, but the main question is how you are. You used a lot of magic last night. I’m surprised you are awake.”

“Fleur said the same thing. I’ll explain when she gets down.”

“Ah, she knows you’re up then. That is good; she refused to be parted from you so she slept in that armchair. I think she almost climbed into bed with you after we had given her a shirt to wear. It’s yours though, I hope you don’t mind. She wouldn’t tell us what happened to her, but that you saved her. Can you shed any light on the situation?”

“Don’t worry about the shirt. After she lowered Gabrielle out the window one of the death eaters followed her. That left two to fight Fleur. I’m pretty sure that she broke some ribs, a nose and both were badly burnt. They managed to subdue her though, and when I entered the room they were trying to rape her.”

“Bastards,” said Mr. Delacour. It was the first word he had spoken since Harry had seen him. “I am Davide and this is my wife, Belle,” he said to Harry.

“Pleased to meet you.”

“And you. I would like to thank you for what you did last night.”

“As I’ve already said: it was no big deal.”

“Mais, it is. You had no wand or other means of defending yourself and you managed to incapacitate four death eaters. Also you scared two so badly that they fled the scene.”

“I’ll explain when Fleur gets down.”

“Then you may start,” said a voice behind him.

He turned round and watched as Fleur sat in the chair beside Harry. The remaining women in Greengrass Manor entered the room and took seats, eager to hear what had happened the previous night.

*

After Harry had finished explaining what had happened to him during the summer the people Greengrass Manor sat quietly for a moment until the silence was broken by Gabrielle.

“I knew it. I knew you were different.” Everybody laughed at the young girl’s declaration.

“Voldemort,” said Belle, “Do you know what that means: Flight from death.”

“Kinda ironic, isn’t it?”

“You could say that.”

Everybody sat in silence for nearly five minutes; each person was lost in their own thoughts: Harry was trying to think about how he could defeat Voldemort. He would need to train physically and magically; perhaps he could use the Room of Requirement. The problem was that every time he thought too much his thoughts kept slipping to the people gathered around him: he kept picturing how Daphne and Tracey had looked when they had put the swords on him. Then he would feel disgusted with himself: he was having these kinds of thoughts about two girls, and then he thought about Fleur as well. He needed to clear his head.

He got to his feet and announced that he was going to fly his broomstick: it always helped him think clearly. As he sauntered out of the room he summoned his boom. He thought he saw Daphne and Tracey give each other looks of disappointment; he had obviously ruined their plans again.

He was going all out on his Firebolt, but he still couldn’t work everything out. He was going to have to talk to someone once he got back to Hogwarts. He noticed two people trying to follow him and slowed down. It was Daphne and Tracey.

“Alright you two?” he asked.

“We’re good Harry, but what about you? You look worried about something,” stated Daphne.

“Shit!” thought Harry, “Am I that transparent?” He continued, out loud this time, “I’m just thinking.”

“Just thinking?” Tracey didn’t sound very convinced.

“You know, about Voldemort and everything. How the hell am I going to kill him? I know I have to; Dumbledore knows I have to, but he hasn’t provided me with any special training. I know he wants me to die, but this way, I won’t even kill the Dark Tosser for him.”

“You should wait and see what that second prophecy is about. It could be the power the dark lord knows not.”

“I suppose you’re right.”

“Aren’t we always?” questioned Daphne.

“No!” replied Harry cheekily, before speeding away.

“Well, we’ve cheered him up a bit,” remarked Tracey.

“Yeah, but how long do you think it’ll take for him to notice us?”

“I don’t know, but he doesn’t have a very good reputation with girls, from all the rumours. Apparently, the only girl he kissed was Cho Chang, and she was crying at the time.”

“I don’t see why you’re so sceptical. That’s further than either of us have gone with a boy since we’ve been friends. And I refuse to count that time Crabbe tried to force himself on you.”

Tracey shuddered at the memory. Then she laughed “He wasn’t able to walk properly for days after what you did to him though!”

“I know, it’s because I’m brilliant,” said Daphne light-heartedly.

“Come on, let’s try to find Harry. I can’t see him any more.”

“Yeah, where is he?”

“Boo!” shouted a voice behind them.

“Harry! You scared the life out of us!” shrieked Tracey.

“Yeah, you big meanie!” joked Daphne.

“Aww, I thought you were trying to find me,” said Harry who was trying, and failing, to look upset.

“The puppy-dog eyes don’t work on you Harry,” said Daphne.

“Yeah, the I’m-trying-to-check-you-out-without-you-noticing-eyes are a lot better,” quipped Tracey.

“Far sexier,” agreed Daphne.

Harry looked at the ground, embarrassed, as the girls laughed at his lack of subtlety.

“Don’t worry Harry. We actually quite like it,” confided Daphne.

“Yeah. You should hear her complaining,” started Tracey. She continued, with a surprisingly good impression of her friend, “Oh. Woe is me. He keeps looking at me but why won’t he get some of that famous Gryffindor courage and talk to me about it. I just wish he would hurry up.”

“Hey!” exclaimed Daphne. “I’m not that bad. You’re the one who’s constantly saying what she would do to him with five minutes in a dark corner.”

“I am still here, you know,” said Harry, feeling like a piece of meat that was on display in a butcher’s window.

“So you are,” said Tracey sarcastically, before continuing to ignore Harry’s pleas of indignation. “Anyway, Daphne, what you said was him, five minutes, a dark alley and me, you kinky nympho.”

By this time the trio had nearly finished their lap of the grounds and were nearing the swimming pool.

“Wait, she said you had ideas for the two of us?” Harry asked Tracey.

“Yeah, she’s always horny; you should hear the sounds coming from her bed at night when she thinks everyone is asleep. She’s a bloody screamer: keeps me awake all night. Anyways, I have ideas for the three of us as well.”

“Wow, that’s a relief.”

“What?” shouted Daphne, who looked very confused.

“You know,” said Harry, “The feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced.”

“I know what relief is,” snapped Daphne.

“Then why did you ask?”

“You know what I meant!” Tracey was still too shocked to say anything.

“Well, I sort of had feelings for both of you, but I didn’t want to bring it up in case it made things really awkward.”

Tracey finally spoke “It wasn’t that he didn’t notice us, it was the fact he noticed us bothered him.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet,” said Daphne and she and Tracey both flew to Harry and kissed him on the cheek; anybody watching would’ve thought it had been rehearsed. This startled Harry, and with a cry he fell off his broom into the water a few feet below him.

As Harry rose to the surface spluttering he saw two teenage girls laughing at him.

“Why don’t you stop laughing your cute little asses off and join me?” said Harry.

“Oh, Harry, I don’t know where the confidence came from…” started Daphne.

“But we like the flirting!” finished Tracey. “It’s getting late though, so I reckon we should just leave you.”

Both girls turned to fly away, but were suddenly pulled back. They screamed as they hit the water: Harry had summoned them to him! He was the one laughing this time as the girls heads came above the water. Once her head was above the water Tracey looked at Daphne and pointed at her breasts.

“Daphne! You’re wearing a white shirt bra. Your tits are showing!” she exclaimed. As Daphne brought her hands up to cover her curves she looked at Tracey.

“You’re even worse! You aren’t wearing a bra and the cold water is taking an effect!” Tracey held up her arms to cover her chest. She laughed when she saw Harry’s face.

“Look’s like someone is enjoying themselves,” remarked Daphne.

“Yeah . . . let’s put on a show for him,” said Tracey huskily, before slowly approaching Daphne.

As they got closer and closer they closed their eyes and leaned in to kiss each other. Harry pinched himself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. The kiss wasn’t very deep, but it did last long enough for Harry to nearly freak out. Both girls’ hands were still on their respective breasts and Harry felt blood rushing south.

As the kiss broke Tracey turned to Harry and said “Do you like what you see?”

“Well…” said Harry thoughtfully. “I think I liked it, although I was the only person who wasn’t feeling themselves up!”

The girls giggled, apparently they were comfortable with kissing each other; Harry decided to ask them about that at a later date.

He was determined to get them back for their teasing though so he walked towards them in what he hoped was a sexy style, although it was difficult in a swimming pool and said “What I really think, though, is . . . water-fight!”

He lunged at the nearest girl, who happened to be Daphne and dragged her underwater. When he surfaced he noticed Tracey struggling to get out. He ran up behind her and lifted her up onto his shoulder.

“And where do you think you’re going?” he said, before throwing her over his back into the water.

They continued like this for about fifteen minutes, but the girls were starting to gang up on Harry and attack him from both sides when Winky appeared beside the pool and said “Mistress, Lady Hilda wants you to go back inside and get changed before dinner. She be’s saying that youse is causing enough noise to be’s waking the dead, but she’s not angry. She laughs.”

“Ok Winky, tell her that we’ll be in now.”

Tracey complained, “That’s unfair. She calls us in just as we were starting to beat our boy-toy.”

“You were using unfair tactics. And am I just a boy-toy to you?”

“We’re Slytherins, remember, we get what we want. And you’re much more than a boy-toy,” said Tracey.

“Yeah, you’re a couple of stones to heavy to be a boy-toy. It’s more a man-toy,” said Daphne light-heartedly.

Harry flexed his muscles as if he was showing them off. “Ladies, don’t complain. You get free tickets to the gun show.”

Both girls laughed; obviously they had heard the muggle saying before.

And so the three walked back towards the Greengrass ancestral home, joking all the way.

Hilda was surprised as they entered: both girls were making no attempt to cover their breasts from Harry’s view. She watched as her daughter stood on her tip-toes and whispered something in Harry’s ear which left him blushing and Tracey giggling.

“Don’t go to sleep tonight. Tracey and I will sneak into your room late,” was what she said, and the look in her eyes promised good things to come.

Hilda turned away and walked slowly to the living room; the kids were going to have to shower before dinner. She really pitied Harry Potter; he had two demanding girls now.

Thanks
Concealed-Convict

A/N: There you go: over eight-thousand words in this chapter. Sorry it took longer than I thought though; I had coursework to hand in before the Christmas break which I had neglected and I was sick. I hope to have the next chapter out before Saturday though, as I will be away for a week with some friends: skiing! :)

A/N 2: Please continue to vote in my pole. Daphne and Tracey are definitely in the mix though; don’t worry if you think it went too smoothly. There will be problems once Harry returns to Hogwarts, or tries to, as the case may be. Hint.

A/N 3: Please continue to review. I’m really encouraged to prove myself after reading them.
Sign up to rate and review this story