Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Aftermath

CHAPTER 7

by Quillian 0 reviews

Havok's POV...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 708 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.

SPECIAL DISCLAIMER: See the Prologue.


CHAPTER 7

You know what, I think I'm beginning to like the Danger Room...

Those were Alex Masters' thoughts as a special surfing simulation began, being controlled by his older brother Scott up in the control room.

Since he was now in upstate New York with its changing seasons and weather conditions, he wouldn't be able to do as much "real" surfing as before, but during the Stryker crisis, he had learned how some pleasures in life just had to be sacrificed.

His thoughts went back to how his parents were so mercilessly killed just because their adopted son was a mutant. His face darkened as he contemplated the hypocrisy in that: These mutant killings were to "protect humanity" or so they claimed, and yet they had no qualms about killing his non-mutant foster parents.

All this senseless madness, violence and death /does /bear an uncanny resemblance to the Holocaust, he thought, echoing Magnus' own observations on the subject. In this case, they killed my foster parents just like how Nazis arrested and killed people harboring or even associated with so-called "undesirables."

Alex's current opinion of Magneto couldn't have been more different than it was right after the events at Asteroid M. Alex could truly see a genuine desire deep inside the old mutant to make changes for the better and to atone for past actions and misdeeds. Alex figured, well, why not give him that chance?

It had been hard for Alex, feeling like he had lost parents for a second time in his life... but he found the ability to cope with their deaths just as his new friends were coping with the deaths of the other victims.

In fact, while he was attending the memorial service held for all the victims with everyone else, he also privately mourned his foster parents. After all, they too were victims if this whole senseless massacre.

At least he didn't lose his brother a second time, which was one of the things he was most grateful for. Deep down, he would always remember all of his parents in his heart, both his biological parents and his foster parents,

Alex had a lot of faith in Xavier's dream, especially more now than ever before. Between being reunited with his brother, having really nowhere else to go, and a new opportunity, he would do his best to contribute as an X-Man.

He had come to know the others fairly well, and he was also glad to have met his brother's girlfriend Jean under better circumstances. Alex was glad that his brother was united with such a beautiful and intelligent young woman, who would very well be his future sister-in-law. In fact, Alex was also looking forward to being the best man at his brother's wedding. At first, he felt kind of nervous about being the best man... but then again, he was sure that he would be nowhere as nervous as the groom himself.

Speaking of love and romantic interests... Alex had also come to have feelings for Sarah Logan, a.k.a. "X23." Her past - being a clone of Logan, but with altered DNA, being grown in a lab and raised as a weapon - definitely sounded like something straight out of science fiction, but that didn't mean Alex saw her as something less than a person, or another human (mutant?) being. He saw the tragedy of her life and the pain she felt. Somewhere along the way, he went from merely trying to be there for her to having real feelings for her.

All Alex really had to worry about was how her "father" would view their relationship, simply because his "daughter" was in a relationship with any guy at all. Still, all things considered, Alex was pretty sure that Sarah could do more physical damage to him if she truly felt like it, as opposed to him harming her.

Yup, after all they had been through, things were beginning to look much better.

Let's see if I can break my own high score this time...


A/N: Actually, I was rather looking forward to writing this one.

Now, to move on to those who have been X-Men since the start... -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story