Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 36: transfigured detention

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Grev developes an unbrella fetish and a need to hunt bats and robins

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Humor,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-08-10 - 3070 words - Complete

1Funny
Clanluna

Chapter 36: transfigured detention

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel


Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna List

Living Members:

Thonlan (17) – Other, Woodworker, Jondolar’s brother, 9th Ranked male Hunter (Cave Lion totem)
---Luna (24) – Other, Leader, 1st Weech, Creb’s widow, Thonlan’s mate, (Snorkack totem)
-------Zeen – (5) ½ Clan, son of Luna, Goov’s Acolyte, 2nd Weez-Ur (Ursus Totem)
-------Mara – (1) Other, Luna’s Daughter, Weech
---------Ansalong (13) - Owl
---------Winter Sleeper (4) – Cave Bear
------------Bop (1) – male Cave Bear
------------Honey Lover (0) female Cave Bear cub

Zar (24) ½ Clan, 1st Ranked male hunter, Goov’s Acolyte, Clanluna’s Acolyte, (Ursus Totem)
---Ayla (18) – Other, Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Durc (7) – ½ Clan, Ayla’s son, (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (5) – ¼ Clan, Ayla’s daughter, 3rd Weech, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
(Unicorn Totem)
--------Mariza (1) Other, Ayla’s daughter, Weech

Vorn (17) – Clan, Uka’s son, 2nd Ranked male hunter
---Uba (12) – Clan, Medicine Woman, Vorn’s mate, Iza’s daughter
------Uma (3) – Clan, Uba’s daughter
------Vuba (1) – ½ Clan, Uba’s daughter
---Uka (29) – Clan, Ebra’s sister, Grod’s widow, Vorn’s Mother

Goov (24) – Clan, Mog-Ur, 10th Ranked male hunter, (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (22) – Clan, Goov’s mate, (Beaver totem)
------Oogra (3) – Clan, Ovra’s daughter

Groog (29) – 1/8 Clan, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (25) - Other, (formerly: Andromedanaea of the Sungaea) 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother) Groog’s Mate
------Griga (3) – 1/16 Clan, Iga’s daughter
------Wilmar (1) – Other, Iga’s Son

Broog (23) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked male hunter
---Ena (22) – ½ Clan, 4th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts
------Boov (8) – ½ Clan son of Ena
------Brena (1) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena
------Ura (7) – ½ Clan, daughter of Oda, future mate of Durc

Vorv (21) – ½ Clan, 5th Ranked male hunter
---Uva (19) – ½ Clan, mate of Vorv
------Broov (8) – ½ Clan son of Uva (looks full Clan)
------Ugra (7) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
------Vorva (3) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva
------Zoug (1) – ¼ Clan son of Uva

Brac (12) – Clan, Oga’s 1st son, 6th Ranked hunter (Bison totem)
---Igra (10) – Clan, Ika’s daughter, Brac’s Mate
------Broud (1) ½ Clan, Igra’s Daughter.

Crug (26) – Clan, 7th Ranked male hunter (wolf totem)
---Ika (24) – Clan, Crug’s mate
------Crik (3) – Clan, Ika’s son
------Dorv (3) Clan, Oga’s 3rd son
------Corg (1) ½ Clan, Oga’s 4th Son

Groob (10) – Clan, Aga’s son, toolmaker, 8th Ranked male Hunter
---Eva (11) – ½ Clan daughter of Ena, Groob’s mate, 5th Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts

Grev (9) – Clan, Oga’s 2nd son, 11th Ranked male Hunter
---Aga (28) – Clan, Droog’s widow, Groob’s mother, Grev’s mate

Ranec (20) - Other, carver, 12th Ranked male Hunter, (formerly of the Mammutoi)
---Ona (13) – Clan, Borg’s widow, Grev’s ex, Ranec’s mate (Owl totem)
------Bona (3) Clan, Ona’s daughter
------Orga (1) ½ Clan, Ona’s daughter


After he saw Ona mated to Ranec, Grev followed Groob and Eva back to their hearth.

“Is there something this man can do for you, Grev?” asked Groob.

“This man would like your permission to Relieve his Needs with your mate,” asked Grev, politely.

Chapter 36: transfigured detention

“This man doesn’t mind,” signed Groob.

Grev got a gleeful look in his eye, the Clan equivalent of a smile, as he gave Eva the Signal. He’d given her the Signal before, when he was in manhood training and she was still a girl, but Groob had interrupted them before he gotten to have her. Now, they were both adults. He’d given her the Signal, and as a woman of the Clan, she HAD to comply. Eva looked at him, shocked for a second before kneeling for a second. Then she got back up and looked him in the eye.

“No.” said Eva.

Grev couldn’t believe his eyes! He gave her the Signal again.

“No!” said, Eva, more insistently.

“You can’t say: No!” waved Grev, furiously. “You’re a woman! When a man gives you the signal, you HAVE to comply!”

“This woman says: No!” replied Eva. “Clanluna says that a woman doesn’t have to Share Pleasures with anyone, even her mate, unless she wants to and this woman does not want to Share Pleasures with YOU!”

“This man has changed his mind,” signed Groob. “This man withdraws his permission for you to Relieve your Needs with his mate.”

“You stupid Woman! You ruined everything!” waved Grev before punching Eva in the face, hard.

“Grev!” yelled Luna as she strode over to Groob’s hearth. “This Leader saw what you did!”

“But this man gave her the Signal and she said: No!” protested Grev.

“She has a Right to say: no!” replied Luna, before pulling her wand from behind her ear. “You don’t have the right to hit a woman for any reason!”

Luna waved her wand and turned him into a toad.

“Oh! This Weech didn’t mean for you punishment to be fatal!” signed Luna when she saw Grev was going sluggish from the cold.

She waved her wand again, and turned Grev into a mouse.

“Hoot!” hooted, Ansalong, happily, when she saw her mistress had made her a treat!

The owl hunted mice that took refuge in the cave during the winter and got into the Clan’s stores. To her, Grev was just another mouse. She silently swooped down to pounce on Grev, the mouse.

Seeing Grev’s immanent demise, Luna waved her wand again. Ansalong, the owl collided with Grev the penguin!

“That’s better!” signed Luna after putting away her wand. “MEN DO NOT HIT WOMEN! Until you learn your lesson, this Weech has put you in detention. Now if you’re a good Pengy, maybe, just maybe, this Weech will change you back.”

Grev the penguin, glared at Luna before waddling back to his hearth.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The Clanluna were starting to get cabin fever from the long winter. So when the storm finally broke, everyone put on their parkas to go outside. Ena and Eva helped Ayla and Luna milk the snorkacks, before harnessing up the geldlings to the sleigh, so they could go on a winter hunt. Ayla, took Ura, Iza and Ugra out to look at animal tracks, While Luna took Zeen on a broom ride. Zar took the boys out for a short winter hunt.

Grev forlornly watched his brother and the boys as they walked away from the cave. He really wished he could join them. He waddled over to the bank of the river. It was frozen solid and the wind had blown bare patches in the snow that accumulated on top of the ice. Suddenly, Grev tripped and found himself sliding down the bank of the river on his belly. Once he’d gotten back on his feet. Grev realized that he’d enjoyed his slide. He waddled over to a bare patch on the frozen river. Through the ice, he could see the shadow of a fish, frozen into the water. The fish look really good to Grev. Normally, he wouldn’t dream of cutting a frozen fish from the ice. It was too much work when they had plenty of meat stored in the cave. But Grev found himself craving fish right now. He began pecking at the ice, trying to get to the fish.

When the next storm came on, Ena and Eva relied on the snorkacks to guide them home. Luna saw the storm coming and warned Ayla in time to get the girls in. But Zar and the boys had wandered too far from the cave and didn’t make it back before the storm hit.

Grev was pecking at the frozen fish when he became aware of the blinding snowstorm. After waddling over to the river bank, he realized it was too steep for him to climb as a penguin. Not that he really minded the storm. But his Clan memories told him it was death to stay out in a blizzard. Grev squawked his distress. But he knew no one could hear him over the howling winds. So he waddled upstream, where he knew the banks were less steep. Once he’d gotten out of the river, Grev started waddling back to the cave. He was surprised at how easy it was for him to navigate in the blinding snow.

After a while, he came upon Zar, Boov, Broov and Durc huddling under an overhanging rock from the storm. They must have gotten lost in the blinding snow. But Grev knew the way back to the cave. He squawked at them.

“Grev!” cried Durc.

Grev squawked again and swung his beak towards the cave.

“This boy thinks he’s trying to show us the way back to the cave!” signed Boov.

(What’s that Lassie? Timmy fell in a mine?)

Zar and the boys held hands so they wouldn’t lose each other as they followed the penguin through the blinding snow. They were almost back, when they came upon, Luna and Ayla holding hands as they held up their lit wands, searching for Zar and the boys. The group followed Grev back to the cave where Uba made them eat soup until she was sure they would all survive their ordeal.

Grev gagged on the soup. He wanted fish, dammit!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Groob didn’t like that his mother was mated to Grev. But it had been her choice. Luna said the women could choose their own mates. He regretted giving Grev permission to Relive his needs with Eva and was grateful that she didn’t blame him for Grev’s attack on her and that she still want to be his mate after that. But Groob still worried about his mother. What if Luna didn’t change him back? How would that strange bird provide for Aga? A blast of cold air drew Groob’s attention to Grev the penguin, nosing his way past the barrier they put over the cave’s entrance to keep the winter storms out. Ever since his transformation, Grev had been spending a lot of time outside. He did seem to mind the harsh winter storms and this winter was worse than any in memory. Groob watched the strange bird waddle to the back of the cave, where his hearth was, and how Aga was brushing the snow out of the feathers of the flightless bird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The long winter gave them extra study time. Ranec was making excellent progress on learning the Clan signs. Since Ayla had finished reading the Monster of Monsters, Luna had starting filling in the gaps, with the magical creatures that weren’t in any of the Care books she’d used at Hogwarts. Iza and Ura were the newest ones to begin learning how to read, write and do math. The other children and Thonlan were making good progress on their studies.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

As it turned out, when the late spring finally arrived, to melt the snow, Luna decided that Grev had learned his lesson and restored his humanity.

Since the winter hunts had maintained their supply of meat, Ayla convinced Luna that gathering was a more important task for the women. So the women went out daily for spring greens under Ayla’s and Uba’s direction while Iga helped the women spot edible mushrooms.

Spring had meant everyone had shed their winter tunics, leggings, boots and parkas, in favor of Clan style wraps. But Iga unveiled a surprise she had worked on during the winter. It was a strapless, leather, mini-dress! She’d based the design on some of Luna’s cloth skirts and dresses. All the women and girls who were at least part Other, admired it and got Iga to promise to help them make one of their own, next winter. A women’s summer style for the Clanluna had been born.

Once the initial burst of spring green had passed, the women continued to gather. But now the women-who-hunt had time for hunting.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

“What are you doing?” demanded Durc.

“Ugra’s trying to teach me to use a spear-thrower,” signed Ura.

“You- You touched a spear!” signed a very shocked, Durc.

“Luna said we could,” defended Ugra.

“But- But that’s not a woman’s weapon!” waved Durc, angrily. “Women-who-hunt are only allowed to use slings, bows and baby spears!”

“Luna said that women-who-hunt can use any weapon they want now,” signed Ura.

“We’ll just see about that!” waved Durc as he grabbed Ura by the hair and drug her back to the cave.

“Oww!” squealed Ura, as Durc drug her back to cave.

“What’s going on here?” demanded Ayla.

“She and Ugra were using men’s spears and were trying to use a spear thrower!” accused Durc.

“Durc, you let go of her this instant!” scolded Ayla.

“Luna said we could!” protested Ura.

“No, she didn’t!” countered Durc.

“Yes Durc, she did,” confirmed Ayla. “Ura you can go back and practice with Ugra. This woman needs to talk to Durc.”

Once Ura had gone, Ayla turned to her son.

“Now Durc, you need to learn to be nicer to Ura, if you want to mate her someday” signed Ayla.

“It doesn’t matter how this boy treats her,” signed Durc. “She has to mate me anyway.”

“Not necessarily,” replied Ayla.

“No, she HAS to!” reiterated Durc. “We brought her into this Clan to be my mate! You told me that Brun made the agreement when this boy was a baby!”

“Yes, it’s true that Brun did make that agreement,” confirmed Ayla. “But that was before Luna became leader and we stopped being Clan. Women get to choose their own mates amongst our people now. And if you don’t start being nicer to her, Ura is going to choose someone else to make when she becomes a woman!”

Durc was floored. All his life he’d know he would one day mate the ugly, deformed, girl, Ura. He hadn’t considered the possibility that she might be able to mate someone else!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

“Leader Luna?”

“How may this Leader help you?” signed Luna, recognizing that Ranec wanted to speak to her in her capacity as Leader.

“This man has decided not to continue his Journey. He wants to be a member of the Clanluna,” signed Ranec, formally. “If Ona still wants this man to be her mate, he has no objection.”

“This Leader was counting on you going with us to the Sungaea Summer Meeting,” Stated Luna. “How about if we proceed with your adoption, but delay your mating until after we return from the Sungaea Summer Meeting? You and Ona would have to miss the beginning of the Clanluna Summer Meeting while you are in isolation?”

“That sound acceptable,” agreed Ranec .

After it had been explained to Goov and Ona, The Mog-Ur went back into his chamber to meditate on Ranec’s totem.

Ayla was sitting outside the cave teaching Iza how to make baskets when the bushes parted to reveal Zeen, followed by an enormous male Cave Bear!

“Zeen!” gasped Ayla.

“He followed me home,” signed the ½ Clan boy. “This boy thinks he’s Wintersleeper’s mate!”

“Well then, take him back where you found him!” signed Ayla. “Zeen, you should know the dangers of interacting with wild animals. He doesn’t think we’re his cubs like Wintersleeper does!”

“Yes, Ayla,” said Zeen, as he led the Cave Bear back into the forest.

“Hey, look! Ody’s here!” called out Eva.

Ayla turned to greet her cousin as he gaped in shock at watching Zeen walk away with a strange bear.

In the evening, the whole Clan gathered together for Renec’s adoption. Wintersleeper, who was wondering when dinner would begin, nuzzled various members of the Clan, along with her cubs. Goov emerged from the cave in his bearskin cloak, flanked by his acolytes, Zar and Zeen. As soon they appeared, the three Cave Bears charged Zeen and knocked the boy down.

“Not now, Wintersleeper, this boy has to play acolyte.”

“This acolyte thinks you could help best by keeping them undercontrol,” offered Zar.

Goov nodded his agreement.

“This Man’s named is: Ranec,” announced The Mog-Ur as he drew a line of red ochre on the man’s forehead.

He handed the bowl back to Zar then, took a second and drew a sign on Ranec’s chest, the same one he’d seen his predecessor draw on Luna.

“Ranec’s totem is: Snorkack!”

Finally, Renec was marked with the mark of a hunter at the base of his throat.

The bears were overjoyed when the people-cubs stopped standing around and the feast began. They went from person to person begging for hand-outs, before returning with Zeen to the Cave. Men’s and Women’s Ceremonies were held that night.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The next afternoon, after every one had recovered from the previous night’s ceremonies, Ody spread out a skin with his trade goods.

There were 20 knives of exquisite quality. Each with a hand carved wooly rhino horn handle.

“So what have you got to trade?” asked Ody. “You, of course, know, this man will want more firestones and some of those wonderfully soft Clan furs!”

“Well, we’ve still got a few mammoth furs left,” announced Ayla as she up rolled a whole mammoth hide, tanned with the fur, still on it.

“Wow! Just- Wow!” exclaimed Ody as he examined the soft fur. “This man is certain he will be able to get a lot for these at the Summer Gathering! It’s too bad their so heavy this man would only be able to carry one!”

“Actually, some of us are planning to attend the Sungaea Summer Gathering before we have our first Clanluna Summer Gathering,” signed Luna. “We could bring as many of them as you want and you could trade them for us.”

“That would be great!” exclaimed Ody. “What else have you got?”

“How about these?” asked Ranec as he set down a handful of his carvings.

“These are beautiful!” exclaimed Ody, as he examined the carved Lunis (Goddess statues), spoons, and even spear-throwers that Thonlon had helped him make.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Once they had packed and Ody had described to Luna how to get to the Sungaea Summer Meeting. Luna apparated there and back quickly to make certain, before making a portkey, that would take them there. They all felt a pull on their navels as the subset of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna who were attending, were whisked away to the Sungaea Summer meeting.
Sign up to rate and review this story