Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 37: Sungaea: 2 years later

by selenepotter 0 reviews

The Clanluna Other go to the Sungaea Summer Meeting, 2 years after their previous visit.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Humor - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-08-13 - Updated: 2008-08-13 - 3909 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Clanluna

Chapter 37: Sungaea: 2 years later

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling
Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel


The members Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna who are traveling to the Sungaea Summer Meeting

Living Members:

Thonlan (17) – Other, Woodworker, Jondolar’s brother, 9th Ranked male Hunter (Cave Lion totem)
---Luna (24) – Other, Leader, 1st Weech, Creb’s widow, Thonlan’s mate, (Snorkack totem)
-------Mara – (1) Other, Luna’s Daughter, Weech
---Ayla (18) – Other, Clan’s 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, 2nd Weech, 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Zar’s Mate, (Cave Lion totem)
--------Iza (5) – ¼ Clan, Ayla’s daughter, 3rd Weech, training to become Woman-Who-Hunts
(Unicorn Totem)
--------Mariza (1) Other, Ayla’s daughter, Weech

Groog (29) – 1/8 Clan, 3rd Ranked male hunter (megaceros totem)
---Iga (25) – Other, (formerly: Andromedanaea of the Sungaea) 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, red-foot, Clanluna (one-who-serves-the-Mother) Groog’s Mate
------Griga (3) – 1/16 Clan, Iga’s daughter
------Wilmar (1) – Other, Iga’s Son
------Ugra (7) – ½ Clan daughter of Uva (looks full Others) training to become Woman-Who-Hunts

Ranec (20) – Other, carver, 12th Ranked male Hunter, (formerly of the Mammutoi) (Snorkack totem)


Once they had packed and Ody had described to Luna how to get to the Sungaea Summer Meeting. Luna apparated there and back quickly to make certain, before making a portkey, that would take them there. They all felt a pull on their navels as the subset of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna who were attending, were whisked away to the Sungaea Summer meeting.

Chapter 37:

“Sungaea! Sungaea!”

“What is it, my child,” asked the one-who-serves-the-Mother for the Bison camp of the Sungaea.

(Pant!) “I was about to (Pant!) go hunting and had just (Pant!) stepped outside the Gathering when I saw (Pant!) this woman appear out of (Pant!) thin air with an eagle perched on her head!” panted the out of breath young man. “At first I thought I was seeing a vision of the Mother! The eagle screeched at me then she spun around and disappeared before my eyes! Then she reappeared with a whole bunch of people including that Andromedanaea who was banished two years ago for Sharing Pleasures with flatheads and that Weech woman from her camp with the Cave Lion on her head!”

“Calm down, I’m certain you’re mistaken about them appearing out of thin air,” assured the Sungaea. “Take me there and show me.”

When they arrived in the spot outside the camp, a crowd was starting to gather. Luna had on a purple sundress and green trainers, with her eagle hat on her head. Iga had her Clanluna style, strapless, leather, mini-dress on. The others had a Clan–style wraps on, with Ayla wearing her Lion-headed hat.
Luna and Ayla both had their wands out and were working together to raise the teepee. They’d levitated the poles into place and Luna used a Lashing Charm to tie them together.

“Wingardium Leviosa!” said Ayla as the two Weeches levitated the outer skin of the teepee onto the poles.

Ayla held it in place, while Luna silently performed the more complex Charm to fasten it in place.

The Sungaea was shocked at what she was seeing! She gathered her strength and stepped forward.

“I give you Greetings in the name of the Mother, Gaea,” said a 40-year-old redhead with streaks of gray and green eyes, like Iga’s. “I am the Sungaea of the Bison Camp of the Sungaea, daughter of Clytemestalchmene, born to the hearth of Hereclegyptus, mother of Atlasarpendon, Medusarieade and three others who have returned to the Mother.”

Luna took the woman’s hands and named her ties as Thonlan had taught her.

“In the name of the Mother, I accept your greetings,” began Luna, in Sugaean. “I am Luna Lovegood, Leader of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, Weech, Daughter of Selene Malfoy, born to the Hearth of Xenophilius Lovegood, Widow of Creb one-eye, greatest of all the Mog-Urs of the Clan of the Cave Bear, Mate of Thonlan, Mother of Zeen and Mariza, friend of the Owl, Ansalong and the Cave Bears, Wintersleeper, Bop, and Honeylover, protected by the Spirit of the Snorkack.”

“SCREEEE!” said Luna’s hat.

“I am Ayla, Weech and 1st Ranked Medicine Woman of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, born to the Sungaea, adopted by the Clan of the Cave Bear to the hearth of Creb one-eye, Greatest of all The Mog-Urs, amongst whom she was the also the 1st Ranked Medicine Woman, mated to Zar, Mother of Durc, Iza, Mariza and Ekwus, and 2nd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts, Protected by the Spirit of the Cave Lion,” said Ayla when it was her turn to name ties.

“ROAR!” said Ayla’s hat.

“I am Clanluna, One-who-Serves-the Mother-Luna for the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, Daughter of Medeariadae of the Sungaea, born to the hearth of Perseusilvanus of the Sungaea, mate of Groog, Mother of Griga, Wilmar, and two others who have rejoined the Mother, and 3rd Ranked Woman-Who-Hunts.” Signed Iga after briefly clasping hands with her counterpart.

“I am Groog of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, Son of Gara of no Clan, Mate of the Clanluna, 3rd Ranked male Hunter, Protected by the Spirit of the Megaceros,” said Groog.

“I am Thonlan of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, Son of Marthona of the 9th Cave of the Zelandonii, born to the hearth of Wilomar of the 9th Cave of the Zelandonii, adopted to the Sharamodoi, widower to Jetamio of the Sharamudoi, Mate of Luna, Leader and Goddess of the Clanluna, 9th Ranked male Hunter, Protected by the Spirit of the Cave Lion,” said Thonlan.

“I am Ranec of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna, Son of M’buna of the !Poy people, born to the hearth of Wymez of the Fox Hearth of the Mammutoi, Protector and betrothed to Ona, Protected by the Spirit of the Snorkack,” recited Ranec, in Mammutoi when it was his time.

“I’m Iza. Ayla’s my mama. We live at Zar’s hearth. I rode on the back of a unicorn!” said Iza as she grasped the Sungaea’s hands.

“Me Griga,” said Griga, as she slapped the Sungaea’s hands.

“I am Ugra of the Abrax Clan of the Clanluna, daughter of Uva, born to the hearth of Vorv, protected by the Spirit of the Owl,” said Ugra as she tried her best to seem grown up.

“And you know me, Odyseusarpedon of the Smilodon Camp the Sungaea, Mate of Ariadneris of the Smilodon Camp, who had brought the boy, Hectoremus, to my hearth, I am also the son of Claitemestralexasisis of the Megaceros Camp, born to the hearth of Agamemnonestor. . . not that anyone’s counting . . “ joked Ody, at the woman who had been his redfoot.

Once the introductions were out of the way, the Sungaea from Bison Camp turned the subject back to the magic she had seen Luna and Ayla performing earlier.

“How- How did you make that skin float up into the air?” asked the Sungaea of Bison Camp. “Can you teach me your magic?”

“Let’s see,” said Luna as she handed her wand to the Sungaea. “Give it a shake.”

The Sungaea did, but nothing happened.

“Sorry, you’re a not a Weech,” said Luna, as she snatched back her wand.

“Well, I’m certain the council of Sungaeae will want to speak with you,” mused the Sungaea. “Are you here for the whole Summer Gathering?”

“No, we just came to do a little trading and meet with your Leaders,” replied Luna.

“Trading! That reminds me! I need to get to work!” said Ody, as he gathered up a couple of bundles of trade good and went towards the Trading tent.

“We should finish setting up the Teepee,” pointed out Ayla.

“You’re right,” admitted Luna. “Please excuse us.”

Luna swished and flicked her wand to levitate the inner wall of the teepee through the doorway, so Ayla and Iga could hang it while Luna kept it suspended.

Once the teepee was up, they began moving their things in that Luna had previously enlarged.

“Can this girl go explore?” signed Ugra.

“Yes, as long as you stay out of trouble,” admonished Iga.

“Yea!” squealed Ugra, as she ran to the cluster of tents that formed the Sungaea Summer Gathering.

In spite of being the ½ Clan daughter of two ½ Clan parents, Ugra was shaped like a 10-year-old girl of the Others. The only visible hint of her Clan heritage was the Clan-brown shade of her hair and eyes. Ugra gaped at the strange sights as she slowed her pace to a walk. She’d never seen so many people before, even at the Clan Gathering. And every single one of them had either Blonde hair that matched Ayla’s or red hair that matched Clanluna and Griga’s.

“Is it true you came here with the Mother?” asked a girl with red hair and green eyes.

“No, we left my mother and her mate back at the cave,” replied Ugra.

“Not your Mother, THE Mother,” said the girl. “You know, Gaea, the Mother-of-Us-All? The Goddess?”

“I’m not sure,” admitted Ugra. “Clanluna says she is, and Luna’s mate, Thonlan, agrees with her. But I can barely remember the time before we lived in Luna’s Clan. Sure, she can do some things that nobody else can do, but she’s teaching them to Ayla and some of the others. Even their children, Zeen and Iza can do things the rest of us kids can’t do.”

“Like what?” asked the girl.

“Zeen likes to ride on the backs of Cave Bears,” said Ugra. “Sometimes he lets us ride with him!”

“Oh come on,” protested the girl. “I don’t believe you! No one can ride on the back of a wild animal!”

“It’s true!” protested Ugra. “He’s given me rides on both Wintersleeper and her cub, Bop before!”

“Are you saying you’ve ridden on the backs of two different Cave bears?” asked the girl, incredulously. “I think you’re making things-“

When a shadow passed across their faces, both girls looked up at the bird that had made it. They both heard the Eagle cry. But instead of a bird, they saw Luna riding on her broom, her Eagle hat, perched on her head. A murmur was passing through the crowd as more and more people looked up to see her.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Luna had attracted a lot of attention with her flight. When she landed at the Teepee, Ayla was waiting for her.

“Could this Weech fly now?” asked Ayla.

“Certainly,” replied Luna as she held out the broom for her.

Ayla quickly untied and shed her wrap. Iga was already watching Mariza. She was wearing only her Lion headed hat as she reached for the broom.

“Wait a minute . . .You’re not naked!” accused Ayla. “This Weech thought she had to be naked to fly!”

Luna giggled. Her prank had been revealed!

“This Weech said it would help you learn to fly,” signed Luna, as she laughed her musical laughter. “She never said it was required to fly.”

A crowd had followed Luna back to the Teepee, to join the crowd that had already been hanging around the strange Clanluna tent. Many of them were men who were admiring Ayla’s revealed beauty. A few women were too.

Ayla grew nervous at the way they were looking at her. Not bothering to get dressed, Ayla straddled the broom and kicked off. In the air, she felt a lot less self conscious about being stared at.

As Luna watched Ayla fly away, the Sungaea from the Bision Camp approached her.

“I have spoken with my sisters, the Sungaeae,” explained the Sungaea. “Tomorrow morning we will hear you.”

“Thank you,” replied Luna. “We’ll be there.”

As the afternoon progressed the curious crowd continued to pepper the members of the Clanluna with questions. There was also quite a bit a flirting going on, especially directed at Luna, Ayla and Iga. Iga kept close to Ayla, remembering what happened at the Summer Gathering two years ago. She’d reiterated to Ayla that she DID have a right to say: no, and had coached her on how to politely decline an invitation to Share Pleasures. Still, Iga had to rescue Ayla several times from overly zealous suitors.

Aris showed up with her new son, Hectoremus, for the evening meal, allowing Iga and her sister a chance to catch up.

As the sun began to set, Iga approached Ranec.

“Would you like me to Share Pleasures with you tonight?” signed Iga, with a smile.

Ranec looked at her and saw that her smile didn’t reach her eyes. He could tell her offer came from a sense of duty, not attraction. She still thought of him as Mammutoi.

“No thanks,” replied Ranec, in Mammutoi “I think I’ll go find a Sungaea girl to have a fling with.”

But Ranec was no luckier with any of the other Sungaean women. They looked at him and saw Mammutoi as soon as he opened his mouth. But when they found out who he was, all they wanted to do is talk about Luna. So, in was late at night when Ranec, finally returned to the teepee.

Even though it was very late, Ayla and Luna were just stepping out of the teepee. They’d worn out Thonlan and now wanted to empty their bladders before going to sleep.

“Hi Beautiful!” said Ranec, in Mammutoi. It was too dark to see signs properly.

Ayla blushed at his praise while Luna giggled.

When the two women returned from the trenches, holding hands, Ranec was still waiting outside the teepee for them.

“Is there something you need, Ranec?” asked Ayla in Mammutoi.

“Yes, this!” said Ranec as he pulled Ayla into a kiss.

When she felt Ayla, through her hand, responding to Ranec, Luna let go and went back into the teepee to curl up with Thonlan. As she drifted off to sleep, Luna could hear the couple humming and moaning outside the teepee.

Once, he’d felt Ayla get worked up enough, Ranec led Ayla to his sleeping furs. Ayla proved to be enough more skilled a lover than he imagined as she worked him until he fell asleep, his Needs and hers, thoroughly Relieved.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The next morning, Ranec awoke to find a cup on hot tea next to his furs. Ayla was cooking some stew for their breakfast at the fire in the center of the teepee. Looking up, she smiled at him, as he returned it. After drinking his tea, Ranec went to the trenches then returned to find everyone awake and starting to eat.

After Breakfast, the women went to the river to get cleaned up. Once they’d done scrubbing, Luna enlarged her trunk. She pulled out a matching sky blue skirt and blouse for Ayla and an orange-red skirt with red tube top for herself. Iga donned her Clanluna-style dress.

Now that they were cleaned up and the Weeches had resumed their hats, they walked to their meeting with the Sungaeae.

When they entered the tent, there was a group of women sitting in a circle. All of them had Sungaea-style leather dresses that went to mid-calf when they were standing. Although there was no rule that said a man couldn’t be One-Who-Serves-the Mother, none of the current Sungaeae was male.

“You wanted to speak with us?” asked an elderly woman with silvery white hair and green eyes. This was the Leader of the Sungaeae, the Sungaea of the Smilondon Camp.

“Yes, perhaps I should start with who I am,” began Luna. “I came from a distant time in the far future. I was brought back here by Ayla and the Greatest of all Mog-Urs, Creb. A mog-ur, is similar to one-who-serves-the-Mother amongst the Clan of the Cave Bear, the people you know as, flatheads. The Clan took me in as a member, as they had Ayla, years before, and Creb took me as a mate. Yes, I have Shared Pleasures with a flathead! And I enjoyed it too! Still, while the Clan ARE people, like all people, they are not perfect. When the old Leader of the Clan, was ready to retire, circumstances forced me to assume leadership of the Clan. We soon acquired some mixed members, people who were part Clan and part Other. The Clan is a male dominated society. They do not recognize the Mother. As such, they found it difficult to adapt to life with a female. Leader. After the one you know as: Andromedanaea, joined us. She asked to introduce our Clan to the ways of the Mother by being our One-who-serves-the-Mother. She took the name, Clanluna, as her title. The Clans only hold their Summer Gathering every seven years. Although I had tried to make things easier for the Clan, by only making slow, gradual, changes, it became clear at the Clan Gathering that we were no longer a Clan of what you would call flatheads.

So, we have formed a new people, the Clanluna. Already we have two Clans. Our members include people of the Others like yourselves, Clan people, and mixed people. Some of our people you might mistake for horses. We want only peace between the Clanluna and the Sungaea. After we leave here, we will be having our first Clanluna Summer Meeting. You are welcome to attend. If we are welcome, we will send delegates to your Summer Meetings to trade and socialize. But make no mistake, we DO have full Clan members and mixed members, Ayla’s mate is mixed and we both have son’s who are mixed. It is not a sin amongst our people for a person of the Others to Share Pleasures with a Clan man or woman. I have Shared Pleasures with more than one Clan man. I enjoyed it! I plan to do it again in the future and I’ve even been mated to a Clan man! I was not pleased to hear that our Clanluna was exiled from the people of her birth for this. While you are free to run your society the way you want, you WILL treat the members of my people with respect. The other Clan of our people resemble horses. It would be advisable for you to institute a moratorium on the hunting of horses just to be safe. A war between our two peoples would be bad for both sides.

I, Luna, Leader of the Abraxas Clan of the Clanluna have spoken!”

“SCREEE!” said the hat.

“I see,” said the Sungaea of the Smilodon Camp. “Andromedanaea, do you have anything to add?”

“This woman is no longer able to speak our loud, so Ayla will translate for me,” said Ayla, as she translated Iga’s signs into Sungaean. “This woman is no longer Andromedanaea of the Sungaea, she is Clanluna, One-Who-Serves-Luna for the Clanluna. Although she is too modest to admit this, our leader, Luna, is my mother- No! OUR Mother! No! She’s the Mother of us All! Gaea, walking the Earth! That’s it, Ayla! Luna is the one that the Sungaea call Mother Gaea, the Earth. This Clanluna believes that she had come to walk amongst us, flimsily disguised as a not-so-ordinary woman, to teach us that our prejudice against the Clan and the mixed people is wrong. This woman has seen her perform many more miraculous feats that those she’s done here. She’s brought into being new kinds of animals and even made new kinds of people, the Centaurs and Unicorns that make up the other Clan of the Clanluna. She’s even brought her mate back from the Spirit world! This woman feels very fortunate to be One-who-Serves-Luna. And if the she must pay the price of never seeing the people of her birth again, this Clanluna would pay it a thousand times over!”

“ROAR!” said Ayla’s hat.

“Does Ailalexisis of the Megaceros Camp have any words of her own?” asked the Sungaea of the Bison Camp.

“Do not remember being Ailalexisis,” began Ayla. “All life I have been an ugly woman of the Clan. (There were snickers from the Suagaeae that this strikingly beautiful woman could ever be called ugly) I have a mixed son. I would hope that he might be welcome amongst the people of my birth. But I will not expose him to your hatred of the Clan until you have grown past it. I am Ayla of the Clanluna! I renounce any ties to anyone who cannot accept my mixed son and mate!”

“ROAR!” said Ayla’s hat.

“Thank you for sharing your piece of the heart of Gaea with us today,” said the Sungaea. “We will have to think deeply on your words. Leave us to deliberate.”

The three women of the Clanluna turned and left the tent.

As they were walking back to the teepee, Iga suddenly stiffened.

“What’s wrong?” asked Ayla.

Iga pointed. Through the crowd they could make out the form of Ajaxerxesirius, the man who had raped Iga, two years ago. When Ayla and Luna pulled their wands from behind their ears in unison, Ajaxerxesirius ran!

Pop!

Luna apparated to a place in his path. He suddenly found himself running straight towards an angry Luna with her wand pointed at him. She barely wiggled her wand and his hands were drawn to his sides before falling backwards, stiff as a log.

Luna stood over him while Ayla and Iga caught up.

“It’s fortunately for you that I was in isolation last time you were at our cave,” sneered Luna. “I don’t think your punishment was severe enough. If you ever, EVER try to Relieve your Needs with one of my women again, I’ll turn you into something unnatural!”

Ayla was snickering, Iga, silently so, as the three women walked off and left Ajaxerxesirius in a full-body bind, there on the ground. It would wear off in a few hours.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

“I got lucky with the Mammoth furs,” said Ody. “I found a visiting Mammutoi trader and he was quite pleased to trade this for them.”

“What is it?” asked Ayla as she held up one of the clear yellow rocks. “It feels warm!”

“They call it: Amber,” said Ody, giving the Mammutoi name.

“Amber!” exclaimed Luna in English!

“Wait! This is Amber?” asked Ayla, gleefully.

There were many potions that required various preparations of amber that Luna had been unable to demonstrate because she’d had none when she’d arrived in this time. Ayla’s brain began working furiously as she tried to figure out what she could substitute for the other missing ingredients.

“Some of the Mammutoi women make beads out of it and use it for jewelry or to decorate clothes,” pointed out Ranec.

“Well, beads would be a good way to store them,” admitted Luna.

“But we’d need to save every scrap from the bead making,” added Ayla. “Even powdered Amber can be used in some potions.”

“This Woman hadn’t thought of that!” waved Luna. “There ARE some potions that use Amber!”

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

By Late afternoon, they were ready to depart. Ody and Aris hugged and kissed their relatives goodbye. Luna ad Ayla had taken down the Teepee and shrunk it.

Luna activated the portkey and they were whisked off to the Clanluna Summer Meeting.

Author’s note: on TV would this be considered a “clip” episode?
Sign up to rate and review this story