Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Clanluna

Chapter 8: a new Leader

by selenepotter 3 reviews

Chapter 8: a new Leader

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-22 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 2564 words - Complete

5Original

Clanluna

Chapter 8: a new Leader

Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling

Earth’s Children is owned by Jean Auel



Brun’s Clan List

Deceased members:
Uba – mother of Creb, Brun and Iza
---Iza – Uba’s mother, adopted mother of Ayla
Dorv

Living Members
Brun (33) – leader (Bison totem)
---Ebra (40) – Broud’s mother

Grod (29) – son of the mate of Zoug (Brown Bear totem)
---Uka (25) – Ebra’s sister
---Zoug (43) – second in command to the leader before Brun


Creb (36) – 1st ranked Mog-ur, 1st Weez-Ur
---Luna (20) – 1st Weech (Spirit Deer totem)
-------Zeen – (1) ½ Clan son of Luna
---Zar (20) ½ Clan man from the South (Middle East) (Cave Bear Totem)
---Ayla (14) – Clan’s first ranked medicine woman (Cave Lion totem) 2nd Weech, Zar’s Mate
--------Durc (3) – Ayla’s ½ Clan son, Grev’s milk brother (Gray Wolf totem)
--------Iza (1) – Ayla’s ¼ Clan daughter



Broud (21) – future leader (Wooly Rhinoceros totem)
---Oga (17) – Broud’s mate
-------Brac (8) – Oga’s first son
-------Grev (4) – Oga’s second son


Goov (20) – Mog-ur’s acolyte (Aurochs totem/Ursus totem)
---Ovra (18) – Goov’s mate, childless (Beaver totem)



Droog (31) – toolmaker, Aga’s second mate
---Aga (24) – Droog’s second mate
------Groob (6) – Aga’s son born to Droog’s hearth
---Aba (35)


Crug (22)
---Ika (20) – Crug’s mate
------Igra (6) – Ika’s daughter


Vorn (13) –
---Uba (8) – medicine woman, childless

Borg (9) – Boar totem
---Ona (9) – Owl totem

They made the transition at dawn. When Creb make the motions to call the spirits and hand the position of mog-ur down to Goov, the Clan felt that years had rolled away and he was once again the most powerful of Mog-Urs. Then Goov preformed the ceremony to transfer the Leadership to Broud with much less skill.

“Now that we have a new Leader this man will be making a few changes,” announced Broud. “First of all, this Leader will be promoting Vorn to 2nd ranked Hunter. He will also be demoting Zar to last ranked hunter. Zar, you will no longer be allowed to throw your spears but will hunt like a proper man of the Clan. Secondly, Weech and Weez-Ur will no longer be recognized positions in this Clan. Also, no more deformed children will be allowed to live. And finally, there is a Spirit in our midst, a Spirit that you have all been acknowledging. Our former mog-ur has even mated her! This will not longer be allowed! Goov, you will send her back to the spirit world.”

The whole Clan was shocked at Broud’s outburst. How could he do such a thing? No one was more shocked and disappointed than Brun. All this time he thought the son of his mate had matured, he had, instead been biding his time waiting to get revenge on a couple of women!

Creb sadly turned and hobbled back into the cave. He suddenly looked very old.

“Broud!” yelled Ayla, “You can’t do that! She’s Creb’s mate!”

“Shut up!” gestured Broud, as he hit Ayla and knocked her back. “You’ve been too insolent and willful for too long! Curse her Goov!”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” yelled Luna, in English.

Suddenly the Clan were knocked off their feet as an earthquake shook them!

Chapter 8: a new Leader

As the earth continued to shake, Ayla look around and had a sudden realization. One of the members of the Clan was missing.

“Creb!” screamed Ayla, as she looked towards the cave.

Pulling her wand from behind her ear, Luna summoned her mate from the cave. She had just gotten to her feet, as Creb came flying out of the cave and knocked her back over.

Finally, the shaking stopped. Broud was first to rise.

“You see! Acknowledging the Spirit has brought bad luck on us! Curse them both Goov!” gestured Broud, angrily.

After handing her son over to Ayla, Luna swished and flicked her wand and Broud shot up into the air like a rocket! The whole clan looked up in shock as their leader soared up, out of sight.

“Broud is gone! I am Leader now!” signed Luna.

“Women can not Lead the Clan,” replied Brun, as he reached for his spear. A woman proclaiming her self Leader activated a deep Clan memory. He knew that force would be need to discipline a woman who dared attack the Leader and usurp his position.

Luna pointed her wand at him and silently put him in a full-body-bind. The former Leader’s arms were pulled to his sides, he went completely rigid and fell backwards.

Grod had grabbed his spear and charged at her, but a quick and silent stunner, put him out of action.

Crug was the next to attack Luna, but a well placed Leg-locker Curse knocked him flat on his face.

Vorn and Borg charged together. But Luna was too fast, and they each had a Jelly-legs Jinx on them before they could get near her.

“This man will have to put her under a Death Curse so we can drive her away,” signed Goov as he turned towards the Cave.

Luna silently cast a Oppugno charm and a swarm of bees flew out of her wand and began stinging the new mog-ur.

Droog pick up a rock the size of his head to hurl at her, but a reductor curse blasted it to powder.

Zoug placed a stone in his sling and swung. Burt before he could get some momentum, Luna used a disarming charm to knock the sling out of his hand.

“Luna Stop!” yelled Creb as he cuffed his mate.

Luna pointed her wand at him and suddenly, he was hanging upside down in the air from his good leg.

“Don’t you EVER! EVER! Hit me again!” yelled Luna to her mate in English. But losing her temper had caused her concentration on Broud to slip. He began falling.

But Creb kept calm. He had to put a stop to this before someone got killed. There were so many things about the Clan that Luna simply did not understand. Male dominance was one of them. Creb pulled his wand out from where he’d tucked it into his belt.

He tired to cast a Full Body Bind on her but she blocked it with some sort of shielding charm that she hadn’t taught him yet. He tried a tickling jinx. Again, she blocked it. He tried transfiguring her wand into a cup. But before he could, his mate waved her wand and his own flew out of his hand and through the air!

Ayla reached out and grabbed Creb’s wand as it passed her.

Zar was not sure what to do as he stood there with one of his throwing spears in hand. His Clan memories told him that a female leader was just plain wrong! But his personal experiences of being raised alone by his mother, submitting to her authority at first and gradually growing to become her equal had caused him to treat Ayla as an equal one he had joined this clan and been mated to her. So the idea of a female leader was not as preposterous to him as it was to the rest of the Clan. He looked back and forth between Luna, Ayla and Brun.

“This man stands with the new leader,” signed Zar as he turned as stood protectively between the two women of the Others and the rest of the Clan.

“This boy too!” signed Durc, as he ran to stand by his mother’s side.


Broud had been terrified as he rushed upwards into the air. He had never been in an airplane, never seen a view from such a height, never even been on a tall mountain. He had no frame of reference to interpret what he was seeing. As he continued going up, he began to get cold and had trouble breathing in the thin air. Then, when Luna’s concentration lapsed, he paused in mid air. As gravity re-asserted itself, he began falling. This was much worse! As the ground rushed towards him, he blamed Ayla for his fate. His last twisted thoughts were of his hatred for her.


Luna waved to warn off the rest of the Clan and pulled her allies a step back. There was a huge splatter as Broud hit the ground in front of them! Bits of him were all over them!

“Now then, who is with me and who is with Broud?” signed Luna.

“The Medicine Woman greets the new Leader,” signed Uba, as she gingerly stepped around the remains of Broud to stand with Luna’s faction.

Vorn looked at the pile of flesh that used to be Broud, then at his mate, then at Luna.

“This man greets the Leader,” signed Vorn, as he stumbled to turn his back to Broud and faced the Clan. Luna canceled the Jinx on him and Vorm was once again able to stand next to his mate.

“The Weez-Ur yields to his mate, the new Leader, signed Creb. Luna gently lowered him to the ground and he took his place at her side. She avoided looking at her mate as she looked at the faces of the Clan.

“This Woman will acknowledge you as Leader if you will call the bees off my mate,” signed Ovra.

As soon as Luna banished the bees from around Goov, Uba and Ayla rushed to his side to treat him. Goov waved them off for a moment so he could sign to Luna”

“This mog-ur, bows before the superior magic of the new Leader.”

“This woman will also acknowledge the new Leader if she will release her mate,” signed Ebra.

Once Luna had released him, Brun considered his options. Many of the Clan had accepted this woman as their Leader. A female Leader was unthinkable. Creb shared a look with Brun and Grod. Without using a single sign, he had told them by the look in his eye:

“We will speak of this later.”

Once Brun had submitted, the rest of the Clan fell into line.

“Now This Leader will make a few changes,” signed Luna. “First of all, the mog-ur, will not Curse Ayla and this Weech. Secondly, any woman who wishes to hunt, may do so. Do any more of you want to hunt?”

None of the Clan women spoke up. They didn’t have the memories for hunt and didn’t understand why the two Weeches wanted to.

“Brun, check out the cave, see if it is safe for the Clan to return to,” commanded Luna.

Brun entered the cave with a lit torch and enter the cave. A few minutes later he returned.

“The cave is too damaged for us to use,” reported Brun. “We will have to find a new cave.”

“Yes, the totems will be unhappy in this Cave,” agreed Goov, the new mog-ur.

“Let’s salvage all we can from the cave, have it all brought out here,” ordered Luna.

Once they had pull everything that was usable out of the cave, Luna shrunk it all down and put it in a fold of her wrap.

“I want the women to be free to gather food and watch the children while we search for a cave,” explained Luna.

“Is this Man still the 2nd ranked Hunter?” asked Vorn.

“This Leader is inclined to make you 3rd ranked after Zar,” explained Luna. “After all, you and he were the 1st and 2nd men to accept my leadership. But this Leader needs to think about it. This Leader was not prepared to take on the Leadership of the Clan. Until we find a new cave, this Leader will keep the hierarchy of the Clan as it was before Broud took over. After we find a new cave, this Leader will make changes.

Brun, you lead the Clan as we look for a cave,” signed Luna. “This Weech, will fly ahead to try to find a cave. Ayla, carry Zeen for me. Zar, carry Ansalong’s cage. If you need this Leader, send my owl to this Leader.”

Luna pulled out and enlarged her broom. Straddling it, she kicked off and flew away.

The Clan searched all day but had not found a suitable cave. In the evening, Luna returned to them. And pulled out a the Clan’s supplies. After the women had set up the lean-to’s, Luna look at them for a minute, then waved her wand and transfigured them into two teepees.

“Luna, the last time we had to search for a cave, I banned the men from relieving their needs with the women. It helped keep us focused on finding a new cave,” suggested Brun.

Luna winced at the idea, even though she knew it was a sound one.

“This Leader will do that,” signed Luna. “That teepee will be the women’s teepee and that one will be the men’s. If you have any other suggestions, this Leader is willing to listen to them.”

Brun nodded his understanding. After a dinner of fresh spring greens that the women had gathered along the way, and some dried meat, the Clan retired to their separate teepees. As the men sat around the fire, they began discussing the strange turn of events.

“What are we going to do, Creb?” asked Brun.

“When this man foresaw that she would be the key to the future to the Clan, this man had no idea that she would take over the Clan,” signed Creb. “But it is not without prescient. In the past, long before we were Clan, we were ruled by our females.”

“This man thinks that she will be open to suggestions from the men,” replied Zar.

“Yes, this man noticed that she will to listen to my suggestions,” added Brun.

Luna stopped nursing off Ayla that night, as much as she craved dairy products, the temptation to transition into mutual need relieving was too great. As a result, Ayla developed sore breasts as Iza was not able to keep up with her milk production.

On the third day of their journey, there was a sudden pop! Luna appeared before the Clan.

“This Leader has spotted a Cave,” signed Luna. “She needs the mog-ur to investigate it with her.”

Walking ahead, Luna led the Clan to the entrance of the Cave. There was a horrible stench wafting out of it. This cave would be unlikely to be suitable. Never-the-less, Luna lit the tip of her wand and she and Goov entered the cave. Goov had his spear in hand, just in case.

As they made their way in, an animalistic cackle could be heard and there was movement all around them. Hyenas!

Short work of the pack of hyenas was made as Luna stunned them and Goov finished them off with his spear. As they looked around, it was clear that the hyenas had been eating people. There were about twenty half-eaten bodies around them. Looking around, Luna saw more movement. She trained her wand on the movement and saw that it was a red-haired woman flailing about. Her legs were pinned under a large boulder. Luna levitated the boulder off of her then, levitated the woman out into the light.

She had fiery red hair over a prominent forehead. Her eyes were a brilliant emerald green. She had a small nose and a chin. Her throat was bloody and had multiple bite marks from the hyenas. She was a woman of the Others!



Sign up to rate and review this story