Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Horus Goes Home: Saga 1: Back Again

Chapter 2: Boy Meets Girl, Girl Meets Floor and Other Awkward Moments

by SamStone 0 reviews

The alternate trio meets the Boy-Who-Disappeared

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Fantasy - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Neville,Ron - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-09-23 - Updated: 2007-09-23 - 4608 words

5Exciting
************

Chapter 2: Boy Meets Girl, Girl Meets Floor and Other Awkward Moments

************





Horus had just exited the shower and headed to the dorm to get dressed. If anyone had been looking, they would have noticed two distinctive tattoos one was on his neck and one over his heart. On his neck was aserpent coiled around a lying yang denoting his membership in two orders, while over his heart was a complicated interlinking tattoo denoting his status in mystic society as well as his names and lineages. He had quickly dressed in his skintight pants and was just putting his shirt on covering his tattoos when there was a sound of the door bursting in.

"Ron, are you up yet?" Hermione said knowing that the boys dressed in there beds with the curtains drawn. Because of that she had no worries she would see anything. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on the view, she was forgetting in her morning excitement that a new guy was there.

She looked up at the guy before her. Her gaze lingering on his sculpted and defined chest that the open shirt framed never noticing the strange tattoo right above his heart. Blushing she raised her head to meet his eyes to apologize for staring when she saw what was normally covered by his forehead protector, a lightning bolt shaped scar.

"Harry Potter," she strangled out in disbelief before collapsing to the ground in a dead faint falling like a limp noodle or a marionette that has lost her strings.

'Wonder who Harry Potter is and why she called me that. Maybe I should ask someone if she doesn't wake up soon. Hmm one of them is waking up I'll ask him,' he thought as he put his forehead protector on covering the scar that caused her to faint.

"Hey Neville," Horus called. "Who is Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter is the boy-who-lived. He defeated You-Know-Who as an infant and came away with only a lightning bolt scar on his forehead why?" he said with his confusion palatable in his voice.

"Hmm Hermione looked at my forehead said the name and fainted. There is no way that I'm this Harry Potter person since I know I was raised far away from here. Then again, dad did say he found me with a weird scar on my head and that I showed signs of rather potent magic having been used on me," Horus said as he lifted up his forehead protector to reveal the telltale scar to Neville.

"Harry Potter?" Neville croaked before falling back as well.

'Great just great I'm fucking famous here and to top it off they faint like I'm the second coming or something. Just what I never wanted to be acelebrity and for something I don't remember,' he thought. 'At least back home I'm famous for what I have accomplished or is that infamous. I never could remember the difference.'

"What was that about Harry Potter? Everyone knows that he was a coward that ran away from the Wizarding World since he could not handle all the responsibility," Ron said as he finally trudged out of bed clearly upset at loosing sleep from these people talking.

"Well apparently he is me. Great so that means I most likely will have to go here next year. That's just lovely, like I would want to do that. Nothing personal, it's just that your so... Boring. I mean you need wands to do anything and then it takes so long to cast a spell and speak the spells. I could understand thinking the incantation, but shouting it out like rookies would be disastrous because then your opponent could use a specific counter since he knows the exact spell you cast at him," Horus said in a rather dejected tone.

The rather short-tempered red head had a gob smacked look on his face as his lips moved like a fish as he tried to come to terms with this new information. Slowly he came into focus a flash of rather sinister emotion passed on his face before he hid it with his usual response.

'You bastard. You should have been here years ago so I could have the money the Headmaster offered to keep you from drifting. With your current attitude, I won't get anything you bastard,' he thought jealous of him.

It should be of no shock that the first thing the red head and bushy haired girl did upon getting out of his sight was to rush to Dumbledore's office to inform him of this turn of events. That he was concerned yet happy with the news of his tools return would have been apparent to anyone who could see past the facade.

While this was going on Horus was dealing with the fainted Neville and after making sure he was alight he decided to head to the great hall to eat some food. It always paid to eat when one could as in the field one never knew when the next meal may come.

'I wonder what kind of food they serve,' he thought. 'As this is old style English cooking it is probably a bit heavier than the light fruit breakfasts I am use to. Still it would be good to get some food still not completely restored from the mission.'

"You may go, but keep an eye on him. We do not know who has been raising him and therefore do not know which way his sympathies and loyalties lie," Dumbledore said as he sent the two back to the tower as he came to the realization that since he had not been rescued from the Dursley's by either himself or one of his representative that he lacked the good will as the savior of an abused and timid child.

'I need to find a way to bring him into the fold before either Fudge or Tom do. He is my tool and he will serve under my banner. Damn prophecy! I was supposed to be the great hero, the conqueror of the evil foe. All my work destroyed by a seer. To think I contented myself to having a tool and years of planning have been set back,' he thought as he descended the stairs and rapidly headed to the great hall taking every shortcut he new.

The old man met him as he was entering the great hall to have breakfast. Arriving just before Horus, he was acting as if he had not rushed there to intercept him. Horus wondered why the man tried to make it look like a coincidence when he had planned it carefully as even an Initiate would have noticed such a poor attempt at manipulation.

"Ah Mr. Potter, it is good to meet you at last. There is the matter of where you will stay over the summer when you are not attending here that needs to be discussed," the old man said in a kind and subtle manner designed to get people to trust him.

To Horus there was a minor bit of power in his voice subtle enough to be unnoticeable to anyone not as paranoid as he was. 'Hmm a subtle trust me compulsion laced in his voice. It just misses being hypnotic in lowering resistance to what he says. This is supposing to be a good guy. Seems more like a subtle controller to me,' he thought.

"So where do you expect me to live then? Do you have someone already in mind since it seems that you don't want me to live by myself in whatever ancestral home my parents left me?" Horus asked the old man playing up the concerned child to get the man to reveal his hand.

"Yes, indeed I do, dear boy. The Weasley's are known for there kind and generous nature and would be more than willing to take you in," Dumbledore said happy that the boy seemed to be open to such matters.

"Hmm an interesting family if the young girl and the twins are to go by, but the older one here seems to have a lot of issues along with his younger brother. Then again, he said I was a coward and a deserter when I never knew about you so that left a rather, distasteful impression of the family. Is there some other family that you recommend or do you think that being with a family that has such an obviously jealous son who would like nothing more to raise his own fame is the only choice. Then again based on the shoddiness of his clothes are they a bit strapped for cash and thus more likely to be there were a majority of the students are likely to travel and you think having me in one place would be good?" Horus said to the Headmaster.

"Yes the Weasley's are not the most well to do family, however they are known to have the largest heart for those even less fortunate than themselves," Albus told him. "Alas the school year is ending and as you are required by law to attend here next year it is easier to place you with a student's family and the Weasley's are the ones that are able to best keep you away from the more dangerous factions of our society."

"So why am I required to attend? I have a job and sufficient funds to be financially soluble. It is probable due to different ideas of when one is an adult," Horus said in an attempt to counter this attempt at manipulation.

"Alas, the rules have been around for a long time. You are required to have shown a level of competency in your education by receiving a passing level in your OWLS after your fifth year," Dumbledore told him.

"What about when one passes early? Moreover, what age is required not to be considered a minor in regards to magick? Where I was raised it was fifteen unless you graduated early which is what I did," Horus told him.

"Most still go until they pass there NEWTS in there seventh year and the under-age sorcery regulation is a minor until seventeen," he told Horus.

"Are any waivers or such available? I understand the need for a supervised education especially since some magic requires a much finer level to reverse the spell damage," Horus said in a conversational tone.

"Parents normally while able to supervise actually prefer the studies to have been more formalized. Some still learn on a more one on one basis, but that is normally for those who cannot afford to attend institutions such as Hogwarts," Albus told him.

"Hmm I guess it is easier to explain from experts than one would expect aparent to do, due to a greater depth of understanding in the field," Horus said.

"You will go on the train with the students and the Weasley's will pick you up along with their children," the old man said not even noticing the annoyance in the young man's eyes.

As soon as the old man had left, the rather young man who had premature gray hair and seemed to have been under a lot of stress lately approached at a rather slow pace as if needing to draw up all his will to approach him. It was apparent to Horus that he had overheard their conversation and there was a look in his eyes as if a difficult burden had just then been lifted from his shoulders.

"Harry?" he asked, as he got close enough. It was easy to recognize him without the goggles and face-mask. Still his scar was covered by his forehead protector.

"Yeah, just found out this morning. Do I know you or something? If so forgive me, but I don't have any memories of before my dad found me," Horus told him softly.

"I'm Remus Lupin. I was a friend of your parents. Your birth parents anyways. Do you want to now about them?" he asked softly.

He sighed as he looked at him before saying, "Yeah I'd like to know about them. I just never really thought about it. I guess I wasn't abandoned after all. Could we take this a bit away from the crowd while I don't know you this is not the kind of stuff to talk about where people can eavesdrop so easily?"

"Come with me. We can talk in my office," he said as he turned to head down one of the hallways. "You can even hold my wand if your worried about my intentions," he said as he removed his wand and handed it to him.

"Thank you. I understand that wizards are rather attached to there wands and don't like to give them up," Horus said as he pocketed the wand.

Remus led Horus down the twisting hallways to his office. He took a deep breath before he opened the door to let them in. To Horus he seemed worried about something.

"I hate to pry, but you seem worried about something as if there was something you are afraid to tell me," Horus said trying to put the man at ease.

Remus's eyes widened that he had been so easily read. He took a calming breath as he poured himself a cup of tea. Motioning to offer it, Horus declined with an easy gesture.

"I don't know how to say this. You led everyone to believe you weren't raised in the Wizarding World and everyone here has certain notions. I don't know how to say this or better said how to break this to you since most here would treat me in contempt for it. So here goes... I'm a werewolf. Your father and his friends found out about me; they were the only ones to really accept me and they did not shun me like my parents did when I was bitten," he rushed out almost babbling out.

"So you are a werewolf. So what, one of my teammates was a were-cat and one was a vampire. It doesn't matter what you are, but how you live," Horus said firmly as he was offended by such prejudice.

Remus's face went into shock at what his son's friend said. 'He is friends with a were-cat and a vampire,' he thought. 'I guess he is open minded enough not to shun me. Wait a minute, a were-cat? I never heard of one before.'

"Not to be rude Harry...," he said.

"Call me Horus it's been my name as long as I can remember," Horus interrupted.

"Well Horus this may sound strange being a werewolf and all, but I've never heard of a were-cat before," Remus said with an interested and curious tone to his voice.

Horus looked at him oddly trying to figure out how a werewolf could not know about other shape-shifters when it hit him. 'Wait a minute. He is a wizard raised werewolf. That means he most likely has no knowledge of the various shape-shifters as they distrust wizards ever since they tried to enslave them like every other creature,' Horus thought in shock.

"Well I don't know if you knew this, but there are communities of shape-shifters such as werewolves and were-cats. Most of them live with everyone else just living there lives like anyone else," Horus said.

"How can they live with everyone else? Don't they have to lock themselves up over the full moon since they don't have the Wolfsbane potion to keep them docile?" Remus asked.

"Why would they need a potion to be docile over the full moon? You act as if they have no control over the change or there instincts?" Horus asked his voice practically screaming his confusion.

Remus was shocked by this. 'Control,' he thought, 'he knows werewolves with control over instincts and the change.'

"Horus you know people who can control the change and are not controlled by the wolf?" Remus croakingly asked.

"Yeah, it's something any born wolf knows and all bitten are taught. Why did you not get taught after you were bitten?" he asked.

"No Horus I was not. Werewolves here don't know how to control the change and those that joined the Dark Lord are the only ones who have some control when in wolf form," he told Horus.

"Strange I could have sworn that everyone would know how as it's no different then any other shape-shifting. The moon merely provides a sufficient excess of energy to facilitate the change," Horus told him. He looked at Remus and realized why his hair was going prematurely gray.

"You fight the change don't you? That's why your hair is turning gray," Horus whispered as he had crouched down to look at Remus.

"How do I control the change Horus?" he asked him with his eyes shining with unshed tears.

"It's all in the mind Remus," Horus said. "The change is a matter of will. Most visualize a selection slider of some sort between man and animal. If you have excellent control, you can control the number of intermediate steps and how close to each form you are. Close your eyes and what do you see?"

"I see a partially covered light Horus," Remus said in a strange tone. 'Why did I never think that there was a way to control the change before? If I had only just thought differently, but then again the Wizarding World never questions things unless they are broken,'he thought with resentment at how little ever changed here.

"Visualize the light being partially uncovered Remus," Horus said.

"Ok Horus," Remus said in concentration. He slowly shifted a bit causing his hair, nails and teeth lengthening while his ears became slightly pointed.

"Well done Remus," Horus said. "Just keep in mind that is how you control the change. I guess the light becomes so bright; it is as if the cover is not there on the full moon."

Remus took a deep breath before wrapping Horus into a bone crushing hug saying, "Thank you Horus. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help."

"No problem Remus. Do you mind if I call you Remi? It just fits you better?" Horus asked. "For some reason I want to call you my Unca Remi."

"Yeah, you can call me Unca Remi if I can call you pup, pup," Remus said as his form shifted back.

"No problem Unca Remi. I still need to get a bit of food before catching the train," Horus said.

"I'll show you to the train station Horus," Remus said after they had reached the great hall.

"Just let me grab a bit of breakfast before we go?" Horus asked Remus.

"Sure thing pup. No problem," Remus said as Horus grabbed some food and practically inhaled it.

"Let's go Remi. I got a train to catch," Horus said as they left the great hall heading towards the exits.

As they got to the train platform, Horus hugged Remi goodbye. "Goodbye Remi. I will see you soon ok," he said

"Yeah I'll see ya soon pup," Remus said as Horus got on the train and tried to find a seat.

'Hmm those Weasley's will try something. So I better make sure they don't find me,' Horus thought as he poked his left hand with his two left fingers of his right hand. Then his right hand made several quick shapes in the air the blood drawings hanging in the air before igniting before vanishing. 'Now that should keep people out. They won't even notice that there is a compartment here. Now that I have some privacy and less interference from those wards, let's see what Ican find on that pain in the ass Headmaster.'

Horus rolled his left sleeve revealing what looked like a cross between abracer and some sort of arm mounted computer. 'Ah the Wrist-mounted Inventory System or WIS for short, it is everything a spell-pad provides along with storing all my stuff so as to reduce the need to carry ones luggage. One of the best things that will be developed by technomancy this century,' he thought.

He pushes a button on it and an illusionary display pops up. He quickly navigates the system until he sees the search for information screen pops up. 'Now let us see what looking for Albus Dumbledore finds,' he thinks as he inputs the information on the keypad.

Quickly several links to articles are displayed. One of them sticks out the most. His record in the guild archives is flagged exiled. Something big must have happened for that to occur. 'At least I know why his name seemed vaguely familiar. The Hall of the Forsaken lists every exile and rogue from the sorcerers in mystic society. Let's see what he did to be kicked out. I should have paid more attention to history class. If the so-called dark lord and this white bumblebee are re-enacting M&Ms fights this could be bad. Hmm, he was kicked out for sticking his nose into a training exercise and getting five comrades killed. Yeah, that would get someone kicked out. He was only ten when that happened. No wonder he seems impressive to them. Shame I don't have this dark lord's real name or I could easily look him up, but they won't even mention his fake name,' he thought in shock at what he had found. 'One thing is for certain; no way do I want to be a tool to an exile and oath-breaker. I got some time to plan my escape. If things go easily, I will be out from his eyes rather quickly.'

The train pulled into the station. Horus was grateful that he had put that field up for there were far too many people that had been looking for him. He exited the train after dismissing the SEP field around the compartment and immediately was surrounded by Weasley's. The obvious mother was smothering him and he struggled to draw breath into his lungs from her bear hug.

"So why don't you tell me about yourselves?" he asked as he tried to buy time to get away. 'Swap with a solid illusion and I can get out of here,' he thought. Immediately he willed an illusion into ashadowed corner.

"Hey, Fred I would think after all the excitement you had this year that you mom would be worried about you," he said drawing her attention from himself and giving him a moment to switch.

'Ninja have nothing on me,' Horus thought as he glanced back at Mrs. Weasley crushing his illusion in another bear hug.

He continued away from them before they were distracted by a sound in the opposite direction. His doppelganger snickered before fading away.

'Operation is a success,' he thought. 'Suckers!'

The Weasley's were dumbfounded at his disappearance that is all save the twins who tried to hide their snickers while there mum went into ahuff. Horus shook his head in mirth. 'I definitely need to make acquaintances with them. Unlike the other brats, they have a decent sense of humor,' he thought before continuing on his way.

As he was at the exit to King's Cross, he easily blended into the crowds easily disappearing from the Weasley families attempts to find him. He noticed the pride in the twins' eyes as they viewed him disappearing as a prank on their parents that they had tried to escape from to further their trickster natures. He could here them even if those around them missed the whispered, "Good job mate," that Fred said even if everyone mistook him for George. 'Aura reading is a good trick to prevent being fooled,' he thought.

He shook his head as he continued to put space between them. There was no way that he wanted to let them get their claws into him.

'Why can't that old bastard stop trying to meddle in my life? I have been treated like an adult since I was six. It is not my fault that all these kids are coddled and unable to make up there minds,' he thought as he was delighted in how easily he ditched the family at the station that manipulative man tried to make him go with.

He continued away from the wizards wondering how easy they were to fool. It rankled his professional pride that it had been too easy, but he did not want to taunt Murphy like that. It was almost as if they had been completely ignorant of detection methods that did not require magick. He flowed through the crowd of mundys without a second glance passing through the crowds that flowed around him yet still managed to avoid looking like they were parting around him. No one paid any attention to him even if he was whistling a disturbing tune as he went by. Not even the more rash travelers that one would associate with gangs seemed to pay attention to him. To anyone noticing, it was as if subconsciously they did not want to draw his attention as if avery primal part of there minds recognized avoidance as the best way to get away from him. Most that had paid any attention to him seemed to not even notice how easily he slipped from their minds like ashadow seen on the peripheral of ones vision.

'I am sure that I will be able to find somewhere in London to stay and avoid these people. Still there might be something to see here,' he thought as he blended in with the non magical people at the doors to the station not being notices as he flowed out the station and out into London proper.

'I wonder how different this London is from New London,' he thought as he went about the area and looked at the various sights. 'It is nice to see it looking like this outside of a historical documentary. Some of the quaint charm is still there.'

People passed around him without noticing him as they subconsciously avoided him as he slowly walked down the street being almost better than invisible. He looked at everything as he went realizing that all this had been ruined long since before he thought he had been born. Still he knew that he needed to keep a low profile from the general consciousness and that as much as he would like to check in that the rules regarding temporal events still were in effect. Still he wished he had given himself a note or something like any other time traveler remembered to do. He just had to remember to avoid his society in this time since it was obvious he had in the first place or at least for the time being. That still left many communities for him to explore, as they were still culturally uncontaminated. Even soldiers have hobbies; so what if his was cultural studies.

'Maybe I will find something interesting to do. If those jokers are around and if I remember what I read in the library, there might be some interesting things happening. Guess I will find out while I patrol,'he thought as he looked at the various buildings trying to figure out strategic information and planning his patrol. 'Just because I'm in the past is no reason to get rusty. Besides there are plenty of demons to fight so I won't become like one of those wand waving magic using version of couch potatoes.'
Sign up to rate and review this story