Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Destruction of Hogwarts

Chapter 3

by wimvincken 10 reviews

The theme of the story is anger, but not the anger of Harry, but the anger of everyone around him. Payments are going to be made by those who wronged Harry in his short life. Dark!Powerful!Harry wi...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Neville, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Snape - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-06-22 - Updated: 2007-06-23 - 7977 words

5Exciting
Chapter 3

-----
A/N: This is the last chapter of the lot. I wrote this short story only because I needed a break from writing 'The Heritage'. The purpose was writing a story about bashing everyone around Harry in one weekend and with three chapters and about 15,000 words. The first two chapters went alright, but the last chapter was not; I became sick during writing and Dave, my editor became sick as well. Anyhow, here is the last chapter and have fun.
A/N: Editor for this chapter is Dave
A/N: Scene of last chapter:
"Mr. Ron Weasley and Ms. Hermione Granger, you are accused of embezzlement, attempted manslaughter, breech of privacy and being member of an illegal organization," continued Mr. Greenpit. "You have received money for years from the vaults of my client Mr. Potter; you have performed service for the Headmaster Dumbledore against my client by spying on him for money and you have manipulated my client to act in certain situations, and you were part of a scheme to erase my client's memories against his will ... for many times."

Hermione fainted on the spot.

Madam Bones had enough of the show. "Take them away," she ordered her Head Auror.

-----

"Maybe you see it totally wrong, Harry. Maybe the Dark Lord you are talking about is not the Dark Lord as we all know, but it might be someone else, like Dumbledore," said Daphne. "The Prophecy is clear about that fact that a person is been chosen who seems to be you, because of the multiple references that points to you and Neville, but the Dark Lord is only mentioned by its title. And in my opinion, the behavior of Dumbledore is nothing else then short of a Dark Lord him self. The only difference is that Dumbledore shows a friendly face and claims that he is a light wizard, or the Wizard of the Light or what ever nonsense he is spitting out."

Harry did not look strange, but Neville did. He was shocked at what he heard.

"How in Merlin's name can you think that?" he asked flabbergasted. "How would that be possible that ..."

"Stop!" cried Harry, pointing to the cloud of owls flying in the Great Hall towards all students. "That's much more important," Harry said and looked smugly at the approaching owls.

Neville looked confused at Harry. "What is more important? You mean mail is more important then ..."

"No, no, you don't understand, Neville. When I am right, and the stuff from yesterday evening and night is in the news papers, then ..." and Harry looked at Daphne in glee.

The owl with the Daily Prophet landed on the table and held out its paw to Harry. Harry unbound the news paper and gave it water, food and money and he opened the news paper in a way, that Neville and Daphne could not look at the first page ... the title page.

For several seconds Harry was holding the page between him and Daphne and then...

"Yoopy!" he exclaimed. "I won that bet, Daphne, let's go ... I want to see them immediately!"

"You want to tell me that seeing my bits are more important then the approaching titan battle between the most powerful wizards fighting over the faith of the world?" asked Daphne slowly with an unreadable expression on her face.

"Eh ... yes?" grinned Harry cheekily.

Daphne glared at Harry for several seconds ... well ... almost a minute. The tension went up, and Neville moved more to the side of the bench he was sitting on ... you never know, this crazy pair of love birds might start shooting at each other.

"Good answer, Mr. Potter," she said with a sudden smile.

Harry smiled relieved ... for a moment he thought that Daphne would do something very bad to him. He was not afraid of anybody, whoever he or she was, Voldemort or Dumbledore or both of them, but this girl could creep under his skin. He sighed contently. Maybe this day would be very interested.

"I want to remind you of your promises and I have successfully kept my promises," said Harry with a smile.

Daphne smiled sweetly and nodded at him. "What does the Daily Prophet say, my little warrior?"

Harry smiled at the nickname for him and pointed to the newspaper. "Read it your self," Harry said satisfied. "I assume that everything what happened yesterday is reported by a certain journalist."

"How is that possible?" asked Daphne mystified, while she took the news paper and looked over the first page with screaming headlines that Dumbledore was arrested for stealing money from the Potter's vaults.

Harry laughed. "Because the journalist I am talking about has the ability to be everywhere unnoticed and I was the only one who did notice her," Harry said happily. "And she made me win my bet, so she is in my good graces at the moment."

Daphne laughed and focused her attention to the news paper.

"You met each other during the summer, I assume?" asked Neville, sitting at a more distant location as he sat before.

Harry grinned. "You can say that," he said.

"Tell me," said Neville.

Harry looked pensively at Neville for a moment and he nodded. "Alright, I guess it is not a secret what I did this summer." Harry looked briefly at Daphne, who only nodded, smiled and continued with reading her news paper, looking pleased and amused with what she was reading.

"Well, it started all with my yearly arrival at my prison, which is called Privet Drive," said Harry. "When I had arrived there, I was being hit and kicked by my uncle, because I am guilty of being a wizard and ..." Harry stopped and frowned at Professor McGonagall, who was standing several meters from their location at the Gryffindor table.

"Well, Mr. Potter, the lessons are being canceled for the day, and I love to hear your story as well," she said.

Harry looked with an unreadable expression on his face at the old Professor, and sighed.

"Well, Professor McGonagall ... no ... you are Headmistress McGonagall now, aren't you?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Well, Headmistress McGonagall, you have also something coming for you," said Harry calmly. "You will not be able to avoid that!"

McGonagall shook her shoulders. "What comes, what happens. There is nothing what I can do about it, but I did not do anything which harmed you, Mr. Potter. So, I do not have a bad conscience like the Headmaster and others, but I do have a problem of damaged property," she said sternly.

"Well, Headmistress McGonagall, you are the only person who can help me," grinned Harry. "You see, I am under a magical contract, which forces me to finish my education, while I have that education already and it is not necessary anymore to stay at Hogwarts. It is even dangerous to stay here, because there are too many people here who are planning for my death, Headmistress. Unless you are expelling me from Hogwarts, I will not be free and I continue to be in danger and I need to try to spend two years on absolute boredom," ended Harry and looked expectantly at McGonagall.

"I can't let you go, Mr. Potter, if that is what you want. You are underage, and have not completed any education in the magical world," said the Headmistress slowly.

"In that case, I am going to leave this place one way or the other until or I finish my education, or I get expelled, or I break down this place of 'learning' until nothing is left of it ..." Harry smirked. "Or what ever comes first," he said satisfied at the shocking faces around him and started to laugh. Everyone looked shocked or displeased, except for Daphne, who was still focused on her newspaper like nothing was wrong.

Harry pointed his arm at the head table, but said or did nothing further.

"I refuse to believe that you know everything what Hogwarts has to offer you as magical education for two years," Headmistress McGonagall said harshly, ignoring the - what she thought were unfounded - threats.

Harry grinned ... his arm was still pointing at the head table.

"Watch and learn," he said. A pale beam of magical energy burst from Harry's arm and traveled towards the long head table. The table was instantly changed into a large crocodile. The professors, sitting at the table screamed and yelled in fear and surprise, some of the professors fell from their chairs in terror and shock, while Hagrid was yapping in pleasure to see a real ten meters large dangerous looking crocodile, where once was a table. Dishes, cups, bottles and food fell on the crocodile and the large reptile opened its mouth to demonstrate to the world its displeasure.

Before the large reptile could prove how displeased it was by grabbing a good looking backside of a professor, the crocodile was being transfigured into a large oak and massive heavy looking table. Then the table changed into a life sized chessboard, and that changed into an elephant, which produced yells of pleasure of Hagrid, and that changed into a huge teapot and that changed into a large tree, and that changed into a pond with rocks and running water, and that changed back into the head table as it was, complete with the dishes, silverware, bottles and food.

Harry looked pointedly at the shocked and unbelieving Headmistress.

"Everything started with me wanting to have a date," Harry said and Daphne snorted.

"Date?" asked Neville unbelievingly.

"Don't you believe me, Neville?" asked Harry cheekily.

Neville looked at Harry for some moments. "A date ... like a ... having a girlfriend? No, I don't," he said smiling now.

"Well, as unbelievingly it sounds, it is the truth," Harry said.

Neville snorted.

"After my dear, loving relatives locked me up in my little jot of something what you might vaguely describe as a room ... which is here called a broom closet, I was thinking about my life and what happened with me all these years. After two minutes of thinking, I started to repeat myself, so I came to the conclusion that I needed a girlfriend," said Harry.

Many Gryffindors saw Harry and the Mistress talking with each other, and they saw the demonstration of his knowledge of transfigurations, they decided to listen in, and they all grouped together to listen to the story.

Daphne snorted, looked briefly over the newspaper, smiled innocently, and continued reading. The Headmistress looked unbelievingly at the reading Daphne, then back to Harry.

"Please continue, Mr. Potter," she said.

"Well, I was thinking about which girl to approach with the question if she wanted to become my girlfriend and I ended up with only one person who could possibly be interested in such relationship, and that was Miss Greengrass, aka the Ice Queen," said Harry.

Nobody said a word at that, and Harry looked surprised around him, and raised his eyebrows.

"Why in Merlin's name did you think that a girlfriend could help you in any way?" asked Neville.

Harry smiled bitterly. "From all my friends, none of them would be close to me. I could talk with Ron about mundane things, but his depth was that of a teaspoon, I could talk with Hermione about anything I want, but she has the tendency to berate me about anything I do. Ginny Weasley would be nice, but she was more protected then the crown jewels of the Queen, then we have the twins, who had no ability to speak one serious word what so ever. Please tell me who could help me in any way?" asked Harry.

Nobody said a word.

"Then we have Lupin, but he is an adult, what does he know and understand? And then we have Dumbledore, the man I don't trust at all with anything, and then we have several people I know from school, like you, Neville, but you are not a close friend. And then we have Cho, but by default she would be crying and she had moved on as well. So I decided to look for a girlfriend, and I found one ... or better promised to me as such, and that was the best thing ever happened to me," said Harry. Daphne looked over her newspaper and smiled warmly.

"After I owled her, I did not expect to receive a reaction, but to my surprise the next day I got visitors. Two attractive girls rang the bell at Privet Drive, and they were Adore and Petunia Greengrass, who wanted to see me."

Harry paused for a moment, his thoughts far away and a vague smile on his face.

"They came back again, but at night and under invisibility cloaks and we escaped without the Order discovering my absence. My cursed relatives did not care, and they were even happy I was not in their home anymore and they truly didn't want me to stay, so they shut up and said nothing to the Order. Those idiots of the Order were guarding an empty house, because the Dursley's left soon after my leaving to go on vacation."

The Headmistress looked surprised at Harry, her eyebrows up, but said nothing further.

Harry smirked at her reaction, because he knew that she was one of the guards around Privet Drive this summer.

"Daphne's sisters took me to their manor and I was introduced to her family. Daphne has three sisters and her mother, her father died years ago, and I was offered a room and a talk with her mother. To make things short, the deal we made was that I was allowed to befriend Daphne, but I must do my part as the only male in that family, and if something would come out of it, and I would marry her, I would take over the part of Head of Family of the Greengrass family and protect it with everything I have and am. That promise I made with pleasure. "

The Headmistress was looking pensive, and she nodded again.

Merlin, the only thing people are doing here is nodding, thought Harry.

"The first thing what the Greengrass family did was introducing me to their weapon makers. The Greengrass family had a way to implant weapons in a body of a man or woman, as long as they would be powerful enough, magical wise. I was powerful enough, and they implanted the wand ring in my arms and other places. A wand ring is a bracelet built from small thin wands, which are connected together. Instead of using my own wand, I use each wand on the bracelet, and that makes my spell work much more powerful, and it gives the idea that I do wandless magic."

"Show me," asked the Headmistress.

Harry smirked. "No, I don't think so," said Harry. "The thing is that after practicing with the wand rings, I let them embed the wand rings in my arms and other places. Nobody sees any wand ring or bracelet or what ever, they are now located somewhere in my bones. "

"I never heard about this," said Neville skeptically.

"Actually, certain tribes in Africa use the same thing, the wand ring that is, and they are quite successfully doing so. Certain hit wizards have wand rings as well, but those people are rare because their magical cores must be very powerful enough to handle such wand ring," said Luna suddenly.

Harry smirked. "That's right. If for any reason my magical powers would go down, I would end up as a squib," Harry said. "The cores of the wand ring is similar as that of a staff, it is only built differently."

"A staff," repeated Neville. "So it is nothing else then a staff, but in an alternative form?"

"Something like that," said Harry.

"And how did you get the Headmaster and the Weasley's arrested?" asked Lavender Brown.

Harry smirked. "That was only after looking around in the Greengrass manor, that I realized that I needed to hire a lawyer, and I hired the Greengrass family lawyer for that. He is also the most expensive lawyer that money could buy, but it is worth it. He managed to get me emancipated, to let me receive my heritages from my parents and my late god-father, to consolidate my properties and fortunes and to reinvest everything, which was mismanaged by Dumbledore and to repair the damage he had done with me and my fortunes. I also hired an army of detectives, who started to investigate anyone of interest, including the Minister of Magic, and of course Dumbledore and some others. "

"Then I discovered that ..."

"Mr. Potter," an unfriendly and harsh voice sounded from behind Harry. "I forbid you to have contact with Ms. Greengrass."

Harry did not turn around, but continued to look at Neville. "Snape, I hoped that being transfigured into a pig would teach you a lesson, but it seemed that I was wrong about that," Harry growled and waited for the things to come.

Harry felt that Snape was pointing his wand at his back. He suspected that Snape was standing two meters behind him, and he looked briefly at the Headmistress. To his surprise, Headmistress McGonagall did not say a word, she was only measuring him up and she probably let Snape do his thing. Harry started to smile sardonically. She will regret that. He could not help but to feel utterly betrayed again. He thought that the Headmistress at least could treat him better then the Headmaster had in the past.

Slowly Harry stood up from his bench, and he felt the tip of Snape's wand pressing in his back. Harry started to turn, but the wand tip pressed harder in his back.

"Don't you turn around, Potter, otherwise a reductor curse would blow a very satisfying hole straight into your miserable back," Snape snarled.

Immediately Harry kicked his foot backward, and hit something soft, and he heard the body of Snape hitting the floor. Harry turned around and pointed his hand towards Snape and cursed the man ... he changed into a pink French Poodle and he grinned. The Poodle immediately curled up ... obviously still in pain because of Harry's foot between his legs.

"No!" yelled McGonagall, but she was already too late. She pulled her wand, and at the same time Harry pointed his finger at the Headmistress, but she ignored it, and murmured the incarnation to transfigure Poodle back to Snape. But nothing happened and she looked irritated at Harry.

"Why can't I transfigure him back, Mr. Potter?" demanded the Headmistress.

"Because you are nothing else then a squib compared with me, you twit!" exclaimed Harry. "You are not worthy to be called a witch, and we won't talk about you as a Headmistress," growled Harry. He had seen betrayal before, but he was astonished that McGonagall would have the guts to betray him as well. Making an enemy out of him would not take that much of an effort, but to correct the situation was something different.

The Headmistress McGonagall became red instantly, and all Gryffindors at the table bounced back as quickly as they could.

"I am not going to give you the satisfaction of being expelled, Mr. Potter," roared McGonagall. "But you have detention until the end of your tenure at Hogwarts."

Harry almost giggled. "I don't think so, Headmistress Gone and All, and I call you out to enforce your little shitty games you call detention," Harry drawled.

Daphne was still reading the newspaper, like nothing had happened, and she was also the only one sitting at the table.

Harry scanned over the Gryffindors around him, and he discovered the sad looking twins and Ginny Weasley.

"Hey, Weasley," Harry yelled at Ginny, and he waved her over. Hesitatingly she came closer and looked at him questionably.

"You redheads," yelled Harry towards the twins. "If you want to defend the honor of your sister, then you better come closer, otherwise you will miss out."

Reluctantly the twins approached.

"What do you want, Potter," one of the twins drawled, but Harry ignored the twins for now, he focused on the red headed girl.

"Ginny, I think that I will accept you as payment for all the money your parents stole from me," said Harry with a grin.

Ginny frowned not understanding what Harry meant.

Harry sighed. "Your parents are in a holding cell at the Ministry, and they need to pay every penny back of what they have stolen from me. Rather than giving back the money, I want you to be my personal slave," Harry said slowly and waiting for the redheaded bombs to go off.

Gasps could be heard all around Harry and the redheads.

The pink French Poodle started to bark, and ran towards Harry, obviously intending to bite him. Harry stunned the French poodle and kicked it with a large grin on his face.

"For your information, Headmistress Gone and All, the slimy ex-professor Snake is permanently transfigured into a poodle, and you do not have enough magical power to undo it, nor to transfigure the poodle into something else," smirked Harry. "Do you want that I transfigure you in a parrot?" asked Harry innocently. "Or maybe in a chicken?"

Harry could see that the rage in the Headmistress was fighting within her to be released and he hoped that would be the case.

"Are you aware that you just broke the law, Mr. Potter? I can get you arrested for this little joke of yours," drawled the Headmistress.

"Arrested on what grounds, Headmistress?" asked Harry sweetly. Daphne looked disturbed up from her newspaper.

"You broke the law by permanently transfigure a teacher, Mr. Potter," answered the Headmistress icily.

"Aha, I see," said Harry thoughtfully. "I assume transfiguring the slimy bastard back does not help, because you will use my threats against the castle to get me in trouble with the authorities anyhow, isn't it?"

Harry smiled. "Never mind. My power is greater then that of Dumbledore and Voldemort together, and you are forcing me making a decision. If I transfigure Snape back to his pretty self, then you and him will continue to restrict, to overwhelm or to take me out for the good of the world and only for my protection or whatever your reasons are, Headmistress."

The Headmistress stiffed somewhat, but said further nothing, and Harry could feel that she was very tense at the moment.

"On the other side, I could push the issue, which means that you are forced to go to the Authorities, and that means that I am going to fight them. I will easily overcome what ever they throw at me, and when they manage to annoy me, I will come to the Ministry and finish it, clear and simple ... and then I am coming back at Hogwarts and I will finish you personally, Headmistress," Harry smirked.

Now the Headmistress stiffened very clearly and she opened her mouth to say something, but she was stopped by Harry's hand.

"One moment, Headmistress, I'm not finished, yet," said Harry amused and waited for several seconds to see what she would do.

"Another option I could consider is starting the fight here and now, and breaking down this stuffy place to the ground. Let me give you a short demonstration of what I have in mind, and I let you chose," said Harry.

He twisted his right hand.

BOOOOOOOOOM

The main doors of the Great Hall of Hogwarts castle burst into dust in a huge outward explosion, taking the wall around the large doors with it, causing a huge hole to appear. Dust was everywhere, but if you would look more carefully, you could see a faint outline of the moon at the horizon above the Forbidden Forest.

People in the Great Hall shrieked in panic, fear and shock and some of the first- and second years started to cry or run towards the head table where almost all teachers were sitting or standing in shock and confusion.

Harry could see for the first time fear in the eyes of the Headmistress. She stared at Harry, then at the hole where once the large doors were leading to the outside of the castle.

Harry grinned. "This is only a small demonstration, Headmistress. If you think that I am talking way over my station, I can remove the Gryffindor tower from the castle?" Harry said with a grin.

The Headmistress looked furious at Harry.

"Be wary of your reaction," growled Harry with a low voice, his magic radiating from him in waves. "If you react wrongly on this potential violent situation, you will lose everything, including the castle, and the fight against Voldemort!"

"You have turned dark," was the only thing she said.

Harry smiled widely. "If I would be dark, you would be food for the worms at the moment," said Harry in a light tone, and looked thoughtfully to the panicked first years.

Then Harry looked intently at the newly created hole in the outside wall and he pointed his right arm. In front of all the people in the Great Hall, the wall started to repair it self. Within five seconds the wall was on its place and the door was repaired like never had anything happened to it.

Harry turned back to the Headmistress. "Now you are going to tell me what your choice is, old woman," said Harry and he prepared himself to wait for some time.

"How did you destroy and repair the wall?" the Headmistress asked.

"Pure magical power, old woman ... no spell involved, only magical energy," Harry said calmly, almost bored.

The Headmistress paled. It was clear that the Headmaster was never able to do that. She never heard from anyone who was able to do the same, even with accidental magic this would be impossible. And repairing such damage could not be done in conventional ways of magic, it was simply impossible to do that.

"I want to get my potion master back, and we continue as we did," the Headmistress said.

"Not good enough," murmured Harry.

The Headmistress raised an eyebrow. "And what do you suggest, Mr. Potter?"

Harry smirked, but said nothing. He stretched his long legs and looked at a worried looking Daphne, and his expression on his face changed instantly ... a warm smile appeared and Daphne smiled warmly back.

"Well, I give you my word that there will be no further actions being taken against you," the Headmistress said.

"Not your word, but an oath," Harry said. "This is the same for your slimy git the potion master."

"He will never do that," the Mistress said.

"In that case he will stay a pink Poodle. I think I keep him with me as my pet," he smirked.

"What do you want to do with the Weasley's?" the Headmistress asked.

"What do you mean?" asked Harry puzzled.

The Weasley's will be destroyed, because they never will be able to pay everything back what they had received from Headmaster Dumbledore," answered the Headmistress tensely.

"You mean the ex-headmaster, Headmistress. No, they can give me Ginny as payment. If not, then I am afraid that they will be always in my debt, and they will pay me back every penny, including the interest of the money they own me," said Harry with an even tone.

The Headmistress stared at Harry for a moment, then at Ginny. The twins did not say a word.

"What do you think, Ms. Weasley?" asked the Headmistress gently.

"I accept," Ginny said determinedly.

"You heard him, you will be his personal slave?" she asked aghast.

"Yes, I know, but if it helps my family and ... I personally don't mind," she answered meekly.

"You don't mind," repeated the Headmistress bewildered.

"No, I don't mind," repeated Ginny as well, and looked shyly at Harry. "I'm yours to take," she said and blushed heavenly.

Neville looked incredible at Harry. "Harry, you have a girlfriend, and taking Ginny as slave is ... is ... extreme!"

Harry nodded slowly and looked at Daphne, who was staring at him over the newspaper.

Harry raised one eyebrow and looked questionable at her.

After a moment Daphne laid down her newspaper and sighed.

"It is really your business, Harry. You are the one who must decide. On one side taking Ginny here as a slave is more humane then what is going to happen with the Weasley's, on the other side taking a slave is inhumane as well, especially for Ginny herself, for you and in extension for me too," Daphne said.

"What do you mean taking a slave is more humane and what is going to happen with the Weasley's?" asked Neville confused.

Daphne looked sad. "If you kill an Auror, then they lock you up in Azkaban for certain years, but they leave your family intact, because you performed the crime. If you steal money from a person like Harry or an institution like Ministry of Magic or Gringotts, then you and your family are suffering. If they don't get all the money back with interest and huge fines, they will take everything you have, and in several cases the children or wife or both. In this case Ginny volunteers, and the Authorities will always choose for that, and the debt will be resolved ... when Harry agrees with it. If she will not volunteer, the family will be even dismantled; every penny what the family earns will go to Harry until everything is paid back, but the interest rates are murderous ... about thirty or forty percent."

Neville was looking shocked at Harry, then to Ginny.

"Oh Merlin," he murmured, and looked thoughtfully for some moments.

"How much money are we talking about, Harry?" asked Neville.

"Millions, Neville, many millions of Galleons," said Harry softly. All eyes widened in shock and surprise.

"What did they do with it?" asked a shocked Neville.

"They gave money to Bill and Charlie to start their lives, they paid for all education at Hogwarts, they paid back several loans with the Goblins and others, they used part of that money to repair the Burrow, and the rest they have in a vault at Gringotts," answered Harry immediately.

"How do you know that?" asked one of the twins.

Harry smiled sadly. "Your father earns about two thousand Galleons per month before tax, and has left over about seventeen hundred Galleons. A magical education at Hogwarts cost four thousand Galleons per year, exclusive of study material ... which makes it about five thousand Galleons. Hogwarts does not have a scholarship plan for families, only individuals, and the Weasley family earns enough money for one child at Hogwarts, but not four at the same time, like when Percy, the twins and Ron were at school at the same time."

Harry looked at the twin intently. "I know everything about your family and the finances, because there are people who investigated every detail of your family, before they were arrested. "

Everyone was quiet.

"With the costs of Hogwarts being paid by the money they had stolen from me, they can live without hunger and financial problems, except that they could not use it fully, because people might wonder where all the money is coming from. That is the reason why you guys still have second hand things," said Harry waving to the twins and Ginny.

"That's a lot of money," murmured Neville.

"Yeah, and they stole it from a boy, who could not defend himself. It's disgusting, really," said Harry.

"And why are you doing this, Mr. Potter," the Headmistress asked.

"Do what?"

Imprisoning the Weasley's and the Headmaster and Ms. Granger?" asked the Headmistress.

Harry laughed. "It's called revenge, dear Headmistress; revenge. What they did to me is outrageous and they need to meet justice, and that was what I did. It is much better in this way then that I try to punish them myself, because that is dangerous, not? The other reason is that if I do nothing of such kind, they will try to do much worse things with me, and I can't have that, don't you think?" asked Harry with a smirk.

"And what about Dumbledore?" asked the Headmistress.

Harry laughed loudly. "That old coot is done for, and I will do everything I can to insure that he stays locked up for ever, but in case he escapes, he is mine to kill," said Harry loudly. "And I will kill him without any problem, and anyone who stands in my way, will be joining the old coot. Sorry Headmistress, but that man has too many dead bodies in the closet. "

The Headmistress huffed. "That may be as you say, but you can't deny that he is a great man and leader."

"He was or might be a great man and leader, but now he is nothing else then an old interfering old coot and nothing else. Maybe he is the Dark Lord where the Prophecy is talking about, and not Voldemort," said Harry cheekily.

The Headmistress gasped.

"How could you say something like that?" she said in absolute shock. "The Prophecy is secret and may not be talked about by anyone, then only those who are named in the Prophecy," said the Headmistress.

"I am the one named in the Prophecy, Headmistress, so I have the full right to demand what I want within a reasonable limit, don't you think?" asked Harry.

The Headmistress gasped.

"Yeah, I assume that the old coot never told anyone the Prophecy, and you all took a huge risk," said Harry.

"What risk?" the Headmistress asked surprised.

"Well, you can't kill Voldemort, whatever you use, but he can kill you all. But I can kill him. The same goes for me. Nobody can kill me, only Voldemort can," said Harry looking thoughtfully. "You call every Auror and let them attempt to kill me, they can't; but I can kill them, and then I will turn to the leaders, and will wipe them out, because they had the guts to attack me, while I didn't do a thing but only trying to live my life. I don't want to be at school, I want to be let in rest and peace, why can't you give me that, and everyone is much safer and nobody takes risks to go against Voldemort, unless he wants to kill you because of the fun."

The Headmistress sighed. "I have work to do, and I speak to you later," she said.

"And what about our deal?" asked Harry.

"Later I said," and she flatly stood up, collected the Poodle walked tiredly to her office.

Harry sighed. I have a bad feeling about this," he muttered and looked at his girlfriend.

"What about showing you something what I have promised before?" asked Daphne cheekily.

Harry's face cleared up in pleasure. "That's an excellent idea," he said with a laugh.

"You wait here for thirty minutes and come to the Room of Requirement and we meet there, alright?" asked Daphne.

-----

Headmistress Minerva McGonagall was walking to the office of Albus Dumbledore. When she arrived at his office, she started immediately to write short notes to various people of the Order and to certain Professors here at Hogwarts. She really needed some work done, and the job she had on her mind needed careful preparations.

Albus had instructed her not to give in to any of Harry's demands, and try to get certain leverage over the boy. He did not think that Harry was evil, but he was definitely becoming dark or was already. It was of the highest importance to get the boy under control, even when that would mean taking him out of the fight and locking the boy up.

Albus had sent her a portkey, which would transport one person to a certain high-security vault at Gringotts. That vault was being used to secure people in the first war, and this would mean that it would be the first time to be used in this war. Minerva McGonagall was not happy to do this to Harry, but she felt she had no other choice. She did not believe that Harry was as powerful as he claims, that was all bravado like all those boys of that age.

She looked out of the window of Albus's office and she remembered happier times. Last year was such time, maybe not for Harry, but definitely for everyone else. She thought about what Albus told her a week ago. They discussed the war, the efforts and the role of Harry Potter in the war. Albus did not give details, but he discussed briefly the Prophecy and the role of Voldemort and Harry Potter.

"What ever happens, everything can wait, but Harry is our only and most important weapon," she remembered Albus saying passionately. She grimaced. Let's hope that Harry is bluffing, and that he would not be too angry, otherwise the war was already finished before it would really begin.

-----

Albus Dumbledore smiled, when the door of his holding cell at the Ministry opened. He knew a lot of people, and many of them had some type of debt with him, and he only needed to let some Aurors making some fire calls and ... voila free again. He nodded politely to the Auror on duty and left the department. Albus walked towards apparation platforms and he was planning what his next steps would be.

The first and the foremost steps were returning to Hogwarts and take care of Harry. He must be safe and under his control, because he was totally too much of a pain. That boy did things, what others tried for years and he was the only one who could destroy him politically. Albus narrowed his eyes ... it was really not nice of Harry, and he wondered why the boy hated him so much.

But on the other side it proved how unsafe his position actually was. It only took a boy and an expensive lawyer to get him fall so deeply. He sighed. When Harry is locked up and in safety, then he would rebuild his old positions again, and he also would take care that nobody could repeat what happened with him today.

-----

Daphne Greengrass was walking in one of the large hallways where the toilets were located at the fourth floor, next to the classrooms for Runes. She was thinking about Harry Potter, the boy who helped her and her family this summer so much. She, her mother and her three sisters had an amazing time with Harry this summer. The first three days was stressful, and Daphne was not sure that time that she did the right thing in keeping the boy at their manor. He was not for nothing the Boy-Who-Lived, and that was by definition dangerous to keep him at your home, especially with the Dark Lord looming over every pureblood house holding.

But ... for the change they were lucky because they had no male in the family and the Greengrass's were not important enough for a constant monitoring of the Dark Lord and his minions. She smiled at that thought, because that changed very fast when the three days were over. When Potter was recovered from his misuse of the muggles, he took charge of her family ... and the Black's and the Potter's families as well. Now the Greengrass family was a powerful family again, and the Dark Lord could not touch them after the heavy wards had been installed.

Daphne looked at her watch ... oops ... still five minutes to go! She still was wearing her school uniform of course ... but what she wore beneath the uniform ... she hoped Harry liked it!

Suddenly she felt hands covering her mouth and someone grabbing both her hands ... she was pulled backward immediately ... but was caught at the last moment before she could make contact on the unforgiving stone floor of the castle.

Her first reaction was bite ... and that was what she did immediately ... and she was successful as well, because she tasted the iron-like taste of blood and the hand was immediately removed from her mouth. Daphne breathed in deeply and screamed with all her power, until everything went black and she did not know anything anymore.

Headmistress Minerva McGonagall was looking sadly at the Slytherin student, who was laying on the floor unconsciousness. It was such a pity that this must be done ... committing a crime ... even for the greater good ... was still a crime, and she did not feel good in what they had done.

Rolanda Hooch, the flying instructor was treating her hand. Daphne Greengrass had managed to bite her and now she sat with the problems, pain and blood. She grimaced.

Headmistress McGonagall took the portkey and dropped it on the unconsciousness girl, she grabbed her wand and tapped it three times and the girl disappeared to the high secure vault at Gringotts.

"That is one," said Headmistress McGonagall satisfied, "... and now we have to wait for the second to come."

Madam Hooch nodded, but suddenly her eyes went wide and looked over the shoulder of the Headmistress with fear in her eyes.

Headmistress McGonagall swirled around and she felt her breath struck in her throat and her heart skipping at least several beats.

In front of her ... right behind the not-expecting Madam Hooch stood a very angry and annoyed looking Harry Potter, his green penetrating eyes were glowing in rage, and he was ready to do something very unforgivable.

He growled.

"Where-did-you-send-Daphne?" he said slowly; the suppressed rage was very noticeable; Madam Hooch froze because of the clear threat of suffering and dead and the malice in his voice caused her fearing for her life.

Headmistress McGonagall said nothing, but Madam Hooch lost control of her bladder ... the penetrating smell of urine was noticeable for all three people, and the Headmistress feared for her life.

Harry's eyes flashed in fury and both women were smashed against the wall ... not able to move and looked terrified at the figure of an furious Harry Potter.

"If you don't tell me where you sent Daphne, you will die here on the spot!" Harry growled.

"High security vault at Gringotts," yelped Madam Hooch loudly.

The Headmistress looked poisonously at Madam Hooch, and Harry grimaced. "I am going to bring down the Wizarding bank after I have finished with Hogwarts. I had enough of you. You have exactly fifteen minutes to clear the castle of every soul, after that this castle is going to be destroyed to the last stone," said Harry with an even voice.

"You are free to think that I am bluffing, but that is your business," growled Harry, looking at the Headmistress and see for her reaction.

"I am counting," Harry said.

-----

Albus was in a good mood. After all the things he went trough, the sight of good old steady Hogwarts gave a soothing feeling. He walked quickly to the big castle and marveled of her beauty. Suddenly he stopped, because he saw movements near the castle where no movements suppose to be, and he widened his eyes in surprise and shock! That was impossible!

The large fortified doors of the Great Hall were wide open and he saw a stream of students coming out of the castle and running towards him. What was going on? Were they evacuating the castle? Why? On whose orders? And Dumbledore hastened his paste. Only McGonagall could tell him what was going on; and suddenly he froze.

The roof of the castle flashed ... and Dumbledore had the feeling that he was getting a heart attack. The most unreal scene run in front of his eyes ... Hogwarts was on fire!

The roof and the top floors of the amazing castle were on fire! Impossible! They were under attack!

Suddenly a loud and deep rumble coming from the castle and in front of Dumbledore's eyes again he could see that the Astronomy tower was collapsing and came with loud noise and dust down in pieces ... the ground was shaking of the impact and destruction ... and the castle seemed to groan and moan ... and Dumbledore felt the wards coming down in a great display of flashes, light rays, very noticeable waves of magical energy and great sparkling fireworks ... Hogwarts was dying.

Dumbledore looked shocked and devastated at the destruction in front of his eyes and for the first time in his long life he did not know what to do. There was no way that he could do anything about it, because the destruction happened too fast, and he didn't want to take the risk that he would run in an inferno of fire and destruction if he would go into the castle to save what he could.

The stream of children out of the castle came to an end ... it seemed that most ... if not all students of Hogwarts were outside, running for their lives ... not that Dumbledore cared, because there were more important things then those disgusting and irritated students. What about his office ... all his irreplaceable books and magical treasures, all his collections of the Dark Arts and Magical artifacts ... they would be all destroyed and for a moment Albus was tempted to enter the castle.

"Albus!"

"Albus"

"Albus"

Dumbledore became aware of a screaming voice next to him and that brought him out of his daze.

Minerva McGonagall stood next to him looking very distressed.

"We went too far with Potter," she shrieked. "He destroyed the castle as revenge!"

"What happened?" asked Dumbledore, looking shocked and appalled.

"We send Ms. Greengrass to the high secure vault as you had advised, but we were not able to do the same with Potter, and he went berserk ... he destroyed the castle," screeched Minerva McGonagall.

"Harry did this?" Dumbledore said flabbergasted.

McGonagall nodded, looking very scared. "He is going to Gringotts and get her out!" she screamed. "Merlin forbids, but he is going to destroy the total wizarding world in Britain only to get his girlfriend and then he is going to get his revenge on us!"

A loud plop next to Dumbledore made Minerva McGonagall shriek in fright.

"Hello, Dumbledore, that didn't take you long," said Harry casually. "As you see, I have finished Hogwarts, now I am going to Gringotts and destroy the place over there to retrieve my girlfriend. When I am finished with Gringotts, there will be nothing left of the wizarding bank, and that means that we crash the economy, don't you think?" Harry smirked at Dumbledore.

"Harry, my boy," began Dumbledore.

"No, old man, you had your time," said Harry calmly and looked at the burning castle.

"I am going to destroy Gringotts, then the Ministry and then I am coming for you, old man," Harry said and looked at Minerva McGonagall. "You will get your turn as well," he said with a grin on his face. "That will be fun."

Harry breathed deeply and plopped away.

"What shall we do, Albus," wailed McGonagall.

Dumbledore was pale beyond belief. "Hide," he whispered and looked at the burning castle as well.

"We are going to hide and never come back," he said with finality.


End.

-----

A/N: Editor for this chapter is Dave
A/N: Many reviewers and other people (grin, wonder what the difference is between reviewers and ... other people) were/are complaining that this story is only a fragment and they want to read the whole thing. I promise that when I have finished 'the Heritage', I write a story like this one, only complete.
A/N: Thank you all reviewers for your input. If you want to scream at me, do that at the 'Writing Center', because it is much more satisfying when you try to do that there then at FF.Net or FicWad, where it will be ignored. URL for 'The Writing Center' is in my profile.
Sign up to rate and review this story