Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Vampires Will Never Hurt You ( I Promise )

1. I Found You In The Most Unlikely Way

by frankxgerard 2 reviews

He paused to look over his shoulder about 5 seconds after he'd turned away. Gerard was gone. The space was big enough that he would've been able to see him if he'd walked away, but he was no where ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-12 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 1147 words - Complete

0Unrated
I wouldn't read this if I were you. Nope. Especially don't if you don't like long stories, because this one's over 80 chapters of mindless ranting, and it's not even done yet. Oh, and I think it gets better. I know the dilogue is REALLY shitty, but I was, like barely thirteen. Now I'm almost fourteen, so I think it's not so hysterically unbelievable, because I look back and I can't believe what I wrote. It's embarassing. AND IT'S ON INDFINATE HIATUS!

LMAO first page of a failsome comic I tried to draw of these first chapters: http://icrashcars.deviantart.com/art/Vampires-Will-Never-Hurt-You-1-92325741

------------------------------------

Title from "Remembering You" - Steven Curtis Chapman

Ever since he was 12 he would walk in the graveyard everyday. The graveyard was quiet most of the time, and it was a perfect place to stop and think. He had memorized every headstone name in the cemetery.
Usually he would stop to sit at a bench or rock, but today he ran, tears streaming down his face. His parents had kicked him out of the house, and even though he didn't think it was legal, he didn't argue because he knew he couldn't do anything about it even if he were to try.
He sat down behind a tall rectangular stone, his face in his hands. He was only 15 and his dad would NEVER let him step foot in his house again. For almost an hour he sobbed behind the rock, before gaining his composure and sitting up, looking around. He immediately recognized where he was. It was dark and about 9:30 PM. He stood up, turning toward the front gate. Out of the corner of his eye, something moved. Not just a rabbit or cat sized thing, a person sized thing. Twirling around to the empty space behind him, he yelled.

"Hey! Is anyone there?!"

There was nothing. He could see the outline of every headstone in the graveyard. He turned back and started walking toward the entrance, a little freaked. Almost 30 feet from the gate, he saw a figure atop a grave that he'd never seen before. Figuring he just hadn't noticed it, he walked on. Every few steps he heard footsteps behind him. He froze.

"W-Why are you following me? Whoever you a-are... I hear you!"

He looked behind him; the strange figure was gone from the headstone.

"What are you doing here?"

A voice spoke from the direction he'd been looking before, shocking him. He turned around and tripped backwards, falling over, then scrambling to his feet, back away slightly.

"I was- I was just walking! I didn't do anything wrong, I swear!"

The guy in front of him looked only a few years older, maybe 18 or 20. His body was well built, but not overly muscular. As if he worked out but not too much. His black stringy matted hair hung in waves around his face. His skin was pale, almost like someone who never went outdoors in the sun.

"I never said you did. But it's almost 10:00. Shouldn't you be home?"

"I, uh, just got kicked out of my house... I have no home..."

The guy smiled, lips parting barely enough to see the faces of his teeth.

"Well, I'm Gerard. I know how that goes."

"Uh, I'm Frank... Sorry, I should, get going... I'll, um, see you later, I guess..."

Frank started to walk away, but he felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder. Gerard's face had a concerned expression on it.

"And exactly where the heck do you plan on going? It's not safe, in fact it's INSANE, to walk around alone in Jersey, especially this part and at your age!"

Frank shifted uneasily. He couldn't help but look at the strangers eyes. They were so...empty. He was wearing loose, ripped, black jeans and a white shirt with red and black checkers all over it, and black sneakers.

"I can go find somewhere... Well, I dunno, but I don't have much of a choice now do I? But I assume you'll have to go home too soon, huh?"

Gerard looked at his feet, kicking rocks.

"This is my home..."

"What?! You can't live in a graveyard! How old are you anyways? 18?"

"365 and YES I can!"

"Sure you are."

"Okay fine then, I'm 17 and my house is right over there."

He pointed deeper into the darkness.

"Yeah, well I'm just gonna walk around... I won't get, uh, hurt..."

Frank stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, walking quickly out of the graveyard. He paused to look over his shoulder about 5 seconds after he'd turned away. Gerard was gone. The space was big enough that he would've been able to see him if he'd walked away, but he was no where to be seen. Shuddering, Frank kept walking for almost 5 blocks passing unlit houses and empty lots littered with trash and debris.

"So, where are we going?"

Frank jumped, gasping as Gerard was suddenly beside him. He clutched at his chest.

"Oh my God, Gerard?! How did you get here all suddenly?"

Gerard shrugged and looked ahead as they started walking again.

"I told you how old I was, so tell me about you."

"I'm fifteen, sixteen in a few months."

"Do you go to school?"

"No, I was home schooled. But, now, I guess I'm homeless!"

"You can...uh, come with me... I mean, not if you don't want to! I'm not some child molester or none of that stuff!"

Frank laughed nervously. He noticed Gerard had strange markings on his hand, like burn marks. Gerard apparently saw him staring, because he pushed his hands deeper into his pants pockets.

"I don't want to like, you know, butt in..."

"You wouldn't! I'm pretty lonely by myself...and my...brother...he's..."

Gerard bit his lip, looking down at the ground. Frank was about to question him when he yelped in pain, closing his eyes and holding the sides of his head.

"Gerard?! What's wrong?!"

Gerard backed away, waving Frank away with his hand. He choked out a response.

"Wait."

Frank's eyes were wide with terror.

"Just, wait... aagh... a second..."

Frank obeyed and stepped back as the older boy backed up against the brick wall behind him. After a few moments he shook his head, groaning.

"Gerard? Are you..."

"I'm fine. It was Mi-... my brother. He... needs me. I gotta go. But, uh... stay here or wherever. I'll find you in a while, but be careful... okay?"

"Ok."

"Sorry Frank."

Gerard flashed him a smile, showing his teeth fully. Frank gasped. The third tooth on each side of his mouth was very noticeably longer, and sharper, gleaming dangerously in the moonlight. Before Frank could say anything, Gerard was gone, just as Frank blinked. He looked around, finding nothing around him but two trashcans and a pile of boxes and trash behind a privately owned diner.
Sign up to rate and review this story