Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Downward Spiral

Chapter Seventeen

by 854439 6 reviews

Chapter Seventeen

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-01-02 - 2144 words

0Unrated
Food was served and, as I had expected, half of it was either flying or already on the floor.

Not expected, however, was the lack of questions as I sat down at one end of the table and Gerard the other.

I didn't acknowledge him over dinner - too stubborn to let the argument slide. Yet I tried to not let it interfere with the night too much as the cards were pushed towards me.

'You're going to be down to your underwear within half an hour' Said a voice in my head. Not my morning voice - that was a malicious voice that scrutinised everything. This one was that reasoning voice we all have - that little nagging voice in the back of your head that annoyingly points out the obvious just so it can say 'I told you so' later on after you ignore it.

I looked upwards to see the last of the sun. The sky was darkening and everything was bleached in a grey shadow. The air had gained a chilling edge to it - I was not looking forward to wearing nothing but my underwear, purple as bargained, in the cold night air.

But I was stuck now.

---------------------------------

I don't really remember the most of the game. I remember how begrudgingly I removed my top, shoes and socks, but I remember nearly all of it after my trousers came off.

---------------------------------

I groaned.

"Come on, off with them!" slowly, unwillingly, I stood from my seat. My top half was already freezing in the night air.

Taking a deep breath, I undid the button on my trousers, pulling down the zip before shimmying my way out of them. Sitting down again, I picked them up from the floor and placed them on the pile of clothes next to me.

Unusually - I wasn't the only one missing clothes. A few of them were missing shoes and tops, but that was it.

"Do you know how fucking freezing I am right now?" I asked, rubbing my arms for effect.

"No," Replied Quinn. "And we won't be finding out," I scowled at him as the cards were dealt out again. There was only three of us left playing (The other's had their unspoken reasons for dropping out...) and I was fully aware of the fact that everyone sat around the edges of the table had a mobile phone with a camera... (and there's the unspoken reason)

My eyes slid to Bert, the only other one still playing. He was looking at me, but most definitely not my face. He swallowed hard before collecting his cards and eyeing them wearily.

I focused behind Bert and Gerard, looking royally pissed. In fact, that was quite possibly an understatement.

Taking a deep breath, I picked up my cards.

---------------------------------

"I fold," I placed my cards face down on the table, sliding the chair away. I'd rather have cut my hair off than removed the purple lace covering the bare minimal. There was a chorus of complaints as I stood from my chair and collected the pile of clothing.

Smiling, I darted inside the bus, vowing never to play strip poker ever again, no matter what I was trading it for.

Dumping the clothing in front of the sofa, I rooted around in my bag of clothing before finding the fluffy purple dressing gown buried at the bottom. Slinging it on and tying the cord, I plonked myself on the sofa before lying down.

---------------------------------

Next time I opened my eyes, it was morning.

Grumbling to myself quietly, I heaved myself up - a difficult thing to do considering I weighed about six stone at that point...

I glanced at the clock, nine o'clock, before looking at the moving scenery outside the window. Bird, tree, tree, light, cloud, bright sun, tree, cloud that looks like Puff the magic dragon...

Reluctantly, I reached off the sofa and grabbed the trousers lying atop the pile of clothing, sliding into them. Shedding the dressing gown, I pulled the blue top over my head before zipping and buttoning the trousers before heading to the cupboards in search of breakfast.

I swear - I took one step and the trousers slid halfway down my hips.

I stopped mid step, horrified. Hoisting the trousers up my hips again and holding them there, I turned and, with difficulty, used a hand and a foot to pull the cord out of the dressing gown hoops before fashioning a belt out of it.

Once I was happy with my makeshift belt, I continued to search for breakfast.

So, with breakfast underway (bacon sandwiches) and coffee cups lined up on the table, I proceeded with the generally amusing job of waking everyone up. But I wasn't in the mood for being kind that morning.

Yanking the curtains to the bunks open, I stood in-between the sleeping forms.

"EVERYONE UP!" I shouted, looking around at them. There was a lot of moans and groans before, finally, someone sat up.

There was only one bunk where no-one moved.

Sighing, I reached into the bunk before pulling Bert out and onto the floor.

"NOW!" I barked at Gerard before turning and striding off to see to the bacon.

Once everyone was seated at the table (which, considering the extra person, was quite a squeeze) I started handing out breakfast.

"Nice belt," Mumbled Bob groggily. I smiled wanly.

"Thanks," I caught Gerard eying the fluffy belt as I slid a plate his way before taking my own seat.

"Hey, is something wrong with you?" Asked Ray as I took a bite out of my sandwich. "I mean, we only see you have breakfast once a full moon, and I heard no wolves last night," I smiled, but didn't reply.

---------------------------------

"Make up call!" I stood with the make up case set up on the table. "Those who want your make up doing, sit here, otherwise, feel free to help yourselves to whatever crap's in here!" I was unsurprised to have four hands reach around me and delve into the case. I had only expected four, having watched the spork fight raging between Bert and Gerard for the past ten minutes.

But it was the only scrap of attention I had given Gerard all day.

I left the open make up case before trudging over the spork fighters sat opposite each other on the floor. By now, they were both sporting scratches on their hands. Bending down I did what only the mad should do - pulled the sporks out of their grasp.

Instantly, they both loudly complained, but not for long as I grabbed Bert's collar, dragging him towards the exit.

"You wanna walk the steps or do you want me to throw you down them?" Hastily he scrambled to his feet before dashing down the stairs, screaming his way back to his own bus. "Thank you," I mumbled once the screaming had vanished.

I turned back inside the bus, ignoring the stares, before heading back to the make up case. Collecting what was needed, I dumped it all on Gerard.

---------------------------------

I didn't go to the show, saying that I didn't feel very well. It wasn't an entire excuse, I did feel queasy having eaten slightly too much over the day, but still an unconvincing one.

Instead, I moped around the bus. I avoided the coffee, knowing what a caffeine high could do to me (or others), instead opting for hot chocolate and the latest Quizilla journal posts.

So, with the hot chocolate steaming next to the laptop currently set up outside, I loaded up the internet and logged onto Quizilla.

Before journal posts came my mail:

---------------------------------

FROM:AlamedaGreen
TO:854439
SENT: Thu Aug 13 19:58:36 2004
A REPLY TO:52384395:

"Right, and pig's fly. Just imagine, though: Gerard Way with short hair. shudder"

---------------------------------

So, you haven't replied to my last message yet but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?=gw3574v98

It's nothing special but...

Gave me a giggle.

---------------------------------

Hesitantly, I opened the link in a new window.

As normal, I clicked pause before it loaded. I scanned the title, 'Circle of love', before shaking my head and clicking back on Quizilla and typing my reply:

---------------------------------

Yeah, sorry, I've been busy. I know it's unlike me to not reply. Sorry :'(
But I'll watch that right now, promise raises right hand

---------------------------------

Clicking on send, I was taken back to my messages. Checking on youtube, it still wasn't fully loaded, so I decided to have a quick flick at the journal posts:

New info
The ghost of you lyrics!
New mcr video finaly out! Yay :P
Need inspiration
He has a gf! Get over it!
New story!!!!!!!!!!!111
?


I clicked on the first one.

I think my jaw hit my lap.

I checked the time against the one in the corner of the screen and found it had been posted but a few minutes ago. Taking a deep breath, I read the post again. And again. And. Again.

---------------------------------

I KNOW HOW TO TALK TO HER! His gf, y'know, the 1 in the clips relesed 4 the ghost of you making of video? I kno her quizilla user name...ready for it?
854439.
Thank me l8r...
:)

---------------------------------

Now, very few people actually follow these things up. But considering there are a lot of people on Quizilla, a few members of Quizilla is an awful lot of messages to be receiving.

I logged off there and then.

By then, the video on youtube had loaded and it was safe to press play. I made the mistake of drinking my hot chocolate and almost chocked on it.

I dissolved into fits of giggles. I recognised some of the images, especially the ones with me in them, and the video clips. The first clip was the interview I had run behind whilst chasing Bert, the music playing in the background, but that was all it showed - me running behind the chairs and Gerard's eyes following me for a moment.

The next clip was from The Ghost Of You Making Of video - both the clip that had first appeared as a 'teaser trailer' and one of the interviews that had leaked.

I was actually getting quite sick of seeing my own face.

But then...

It was cringe worthy. Obviously meant in jest and for fun, but still enough to make me wince and recoil away from the laptop.

Basically, to sum it up - Who next?

It seemed that no-one was willing to believe the relationship was going to last long so the video was based on the basic idea that it was hard to degrade yourself from rock star boyfriend to a normal, average person. Not that half of the several pairings suggested were a bad idea. In fact, if half of them asked and I was single, I'd say yes, but still...

Frank?

Ugh...disgusting. Very hard to imagine. Well...hard for me.

At the end of it, I risked an extremely quick look at my Quizilla messages. I had three new messages, each starting with:
'Is it true th...'

Rolling my eyes, I shut the laptop down, taking myself and the hot chocolate inside. I settled myself on the sofa, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

---------------------------------

I was half asleep by the time I heard someone trudge into the bus. I peeked an eye open to see a tired, sweaty Gerard. I stood from my pew, collecting the cup from the floor before heading to the sink and rinsing it out. I heard him collapse on the sofa.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked, setting the cup on the draining board.

"Out," I swallowed, drying my hands on the nearby towel.

"Out where?"

"Out. No idea where," Nodding slightly I turned and leaned against the counter.

The silence that followed lasted so long, my feet were loosing their feeling.

Finally I heard the sofa shift as Gerard stood. There was the sound of a few footsteps before he seemed to decide he was safe where he was.

"I'm so-"

"No. I'm still angry at you," In truth, I wasn't, but I was a bugger for being stubborn when it came down to arguments. "Just don't. Don't say it,"

"Don't say it," I heard him repeat under his breath. I looked up at him as he stepped in front of me. His eyes locked with mine, but my gaze slid from him to the bunks.

He stepped forward and cupped my face in his hands, gently pulling it so I was looking at him.

"Don't you-" I was unsurprisingly cut short as he gently placed his briefly to mine. "Dare," I took a deep breath. "I suppose I only said don't say it, huh?" He nodded.

"I'm sorry," He sighed. "It was stupid. I don't know wh-" I reached up and curled my hand around his neck, pulling him back down, crushing my lips to his before pulling back slightly.

"I don't need to know," He smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story