Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Flame

Part 3

by Jxssimarie 0 reviews

Part 3

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Katara,Zuko - Published: 2018-10-23 - 413 words

0Unrated
Katara's POV:

Seeing the note now placed in front of them, she was completely in shock . She could never imagine her nation making such a call . In unison the two got up from their seats , closely following Iroh. Once in Iroh's office , Zuko could only mumble out, "How bad is it uncle?"

Iroh shook his head , letting out a long sigh before responding , "A dozen of our cargo ships have been sunk... And before you ask, there are definitive sources who have survived that all agree it was a Water Tribe attack - We are unsure whether it was the northern or southern tribe..."

Katara could only stand in shock . She knew there was a lot of tension but she did not expect an attack so soon . Zuko remained silent , his shock was evident as well. After a few moments of silence Katara spoke , "How many deaths?"

"None ... this was not an act of war ... I believe it was a warning sign..."

"Uncle ... Do you think we need to take action?"

"Not yet ... but I cannot make these decisions for you . You are in charge now .. You are a wise man, Zuko ... Our military will be expecting a statement within the hour ..."

The two exited Iroh's chambers , making their way down the hall . Once at Katara's room, Zuko spoke up , "Can I come in for a bit? This is probably the hardest decision I've had to make and I really want to talk to you about it .... You know because you are from the Water Tribe of course ..."

Katara nodded in agreement , closing the door behind them . They were both seated on the bed , in a complete loss for words .

"They are all still angry about what your father has done to them, Zuko ... They do not know you the way I do. They are hurt and scared of your nation ... They want to assert their 'dominance' right now to see how a new leader will react ..."

"I figured that one out ... But I am their leader here ... And if I don't react somehow , they'll label me as an unfit ruler. "

"I know you will make the best decision you can."

"I think I've made up my mind , thank you Katara."

With a forced smile he bent over , kissing the brunette on the cheek. Quickly he walked out, leaving her in suspense . She couldn't have chosen a more dangerous time to visit , but she hoped her insight would help in any way possible.
Sign up to rate and review this story