Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Flame

Part 1

by Jxssimarie 0 reviews

Peace in the world has been restored, but there are always new battles to be fought. As new trouble brews, it becomes difficult for Firelord Zuko to keep peace in his Kingdom which he fought so har...

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Katara,Sokka,Zuko - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2018-10-23 - Updated: 2018-10-23 - 741 words

0Unrated
"Lord Zuko..."

"Spill it Uncle, I do not have time for this."

"I am fully aware of that, but there is something you need to know."

"What is it then?"

"Our troops have returned from the swamplands.. There are waterbenders living within there, descendant of the Northern and Southern water tribes, but a very few are still in contact.."

"I do not see where you are going with this.."

"We have heard word of a hope of war between our nations.."

"I am not taking any action due to rumors from some swamp hippies..."

"I want you to stay cautious, Zuko.. The people of both tribes are strong and relentless, people you want on our side, not against us."

Angered by the words of his uncle, the young lord stood from his throne, his short temper interrupted as a guard entered the room.

"My Lord, you have a visitor waiting for you.."

Shocked by the guards words, he followed closely. Visitors were rare and never ended on good terms. Before he knew it the guard led him out to the balcony. In the distance he could see a brunette sitting, dressed in a tan cloak. He stepped forward, leaving the guard to observe the visit from the doorway. Zuko sat down beside the figure. Her blue eyes instantly lit up as she stood to hug the man.

"Zuko... It's been too long.."

"No need to apologize, we're all in the wrong for not keeping in touch."

"I wish I were here with better news..."

"Is this about Aang?"

"No... No, I hear he's fine.."

"Then what is it?"

"I have been traveling quite a bit, but I do keep in contact with friends back home, especially Sokka. There is trouble brewing between our nations, and I'm not quite sure it can be stopped.."

"I've heard."

"I thought it was the right thing to come and warn you."

"I appreciate that, but there is no trouble here... How bad does it sound?"

"Not bad yet.. but wars brew after years of rivalry, just please don't let your guard down just yet."

"I won't... I promise you that."

"Thank you, I really needed to hear that, I'm glad to see you are doing well."

"Where are you staying, and for how long?"

"I'm not sure yet... I don't like to stay in one place for too long, especially with what is happening..."

"Don't worry about that then, you are more than welcome to stay here in the palace as long as you wish to."

"Thank you..."

A sense of relief overcame her, staying in the palace is the best option for the time being. She knew it would not sit well if word got out she was there. Sokka would kill her, in a way she knew she would be considered a traitor, but after traveling with the 'gang' for so long, she  could not just confine herself to one nation. The topic of war scared her, especially so soon after the last battle was fought. 

"Now I do have one question I must ask you Katara,"

"Ask away,"

"What's with the cloak?"

"Figured it wasn't the best of times to stand out, if you know what I mean..."

"Understood, your room will be set up with some traditional fire nation attire you can sort through, shall we?"

The man stood from his seat and held out his arm. Katara joined him as he led her down the hall towards the master guest bedroom. The guard opened the door, leaving the two.  Katara was amazed by the lavish decor,

"This is..."

"Too much?"

"A bit... I don't mean to cause you any trouble.."

"Don't worry about it, there's nothing too much for a friend."

Katara could not help but smile, folding her arms around Zuko. The visit was well overdue and she only hoped her visit would open his eyes and begin a new reign of peace between their nations.  Zuko exited the room, leaving her be. After searching through the closet she decided on a red satin dress with a black floral kimono. She looked at herself in the mirror, knowing her crystal blue eyes would always point out her true origin. She only hoped if she remained in the palace, there would not be any troubles. After about an hour she heard a faint knock at her door followed by a familiar face.

"My young waterbender, I must speak with you..."
Sign up to rate and review this story