Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Look Alive, Sunshine.

Your lipgloss smile, your scraped up knees.

by KilljoyMinnieIero 2 reviews

Not everything revolves around you! And your perfect boyfriend, perfect lovelife, perfect personality, perfect looks! So I like Poison! I like Party Poison. There, I admit it.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance,Humor,Drama - Characters: Ray Toro,Mikey Way,Gerard Way,Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] [!] - Published: 2012-02-05 - Updated: 2012-02-05 - 1724 words

0Unrated
AN: I'm alive! Sorry its been so long since I last updated but I suppose I've had a lot of random shit happening! XD just been really busy really, practising auditions and stuff. Oh, and my english teacher decided to randomly tell us that we're doing out first english GCSE in 2 weeks! Anyway, I have Danger Days on shuffle while writing this! :P I'll shut up now...
********************
As I pulled up at the diner, I realised that the truck with Jet, Artistic, Kobra and Misfit in was no where to be seen. In fact I hadn't realised how fast I'd been driving through the zones, they were probably still an hour or so away, at the pace Jet drived anyway.
Looking at my sleeping companions, I decided that "kind to be cruel" was the best policy. I slammed my hand on the horn, startling them out of their peaceful dreaming and into harsh reality. Before they could fully register what had happened, I was out of the car and halfway to the diner. I turned to wink and wave at the people in the car, before turning back and running the rest of the way to the diner.
My boyfriend, his best friend and my sister were big on revenge. Maybe that wasn't the best idea I've ever had...
I jogged past Dr Death Defying and Show Pony, saluting them and yelling "Yo Dr D, Show Pony! Nice to see you, gotta go, Ghoul, Poison and Storm are after me!" before carrying on down the corridor. I didn't even make it halfway down before Ghoul was on top of me. Wow, he was faster than I thought. He tackled me to the ground, before smirking and attacking me with the worst kind of torture -tickling. I could see Poison and Storm standing next to us but when I begged them to help me, they just laughed and run away.
After a few minutes of struggling, I wriggled out of Ghoul's grip. I ran into my room, winked and said "see you later babe" before slamming the door in his face.
*****
Grinning, I turned around and collapsed on my bed. My room was small, but it was mine. The Fabulous Killjoys and I were the only people with permanent places at the diner, as most other Killjoys prefer to travel through the Zones and never stay in one place for too long. My room was painted every colour we could find. Because it was virtually impossible to find posters in the Zones; Storm, Artistic, Misfit and I had decorated our rooms with doodles, lyrics and anything we could find. The room was quite empty apart from my pile of comics and my beloved bass guitar, the only souvenirs from my past.
I picked up my Misfits hoodie and red skinny jeans and quickly got changed, shoving my black doc martens back on. I grabbed my eyeliner and stood in front of the cracked mirror that stood in the corner of the room. After applying it quickly, I stood back and examined myself. I was too pale, too skinny and I was disgusted by what I saw. Whatever Fun Ghoul saw in me, I don't know. Looking back at my reflection, I saw a horrible, mangled scar that stretched across my neck. I grimaced and quickly grabbed a red bandanna, tying it around my neck. The other Killjoys asked about my scar every so often, but I would never show them. The amount of times Fun Ghoul and I had got into arguments about it was unbelievable. But nobody could see my scar, not even Storm or Ghoul. Hell, even I didn't want to see it. Only Dr Death could see it, and that was only because he had to regularly check for infections. What would the others think if they saw it? They'd be repulsed for sure. I shook my head and opened the door, before popping my head around and checking the corridor for Ghoul. He was nowhere to be seen, but as I looked to my left I saw something that majorly shocked me. Poison, my boyfriend's best friend Party Poison, was exiting Storm, my little sister's room. He was laughing and then he quickly hugged her before walking away to his room. But not before I spotted a feint blush on his cheeks.
*****
"Storm! Open up! Com'on, sister talk time!" I yelled . Just before the door swung open, I spotted Ghoul out of the corner of my eye. His eyes were glinting with mischief, but his plan for revenge would have to wait. I pointed to him before holding a finger to my lips, shushing him. I quickly pointed at myself and then at Storm's door, before pointing towards him and then at Poison's door. A look of realisation dawned in his eyes, and he grinned and winked at me before walking over to Poison's room. I turned back around to Storm's room just as the door fully swung open. I studied Storm for a moment, looking for clues. But she looked exactly the same, she was even still in her Killjoy outfit. "Paranoia? What do you want?" She asked curiously.
"Com'on Storm, we're having a little chat," I said, walking straight into her room and sitting on her bed. Her room was virtually the same as mine, just the comic pile and bass were replaced by cds and clothes. Looking back at my sister, I stifled a giggle as I spotted the look of horror on her face. "Don't worry, its not about THAT" I said, thrusting my hips for emphasis and winking. We collapsed on top of her bed in hysterics, and whenever we started to calm down, we would just look at each other and burst out laughing again. Eventually, we calmed down and sat cross-legged opposite each other. "Okay... So what's this about 'Noia? Its not just so that you can avoid Ghoul is it? He's gonna get you back you know" she said, raising one eyebrow.
"Oh, I know he will. But this is about you, not me. You... and Party Poison." I said slowly, gauging her reaction. Her stance changed slightly, her arms crossed against her chest and she was fidgeting slightly. A light blush spread across her cheeks and she would look me in the eyes as she stuttered "W-What do you mean 'Me and Poison'?"
"Com'on Storm, just be honest with me please. You looked really happy about being stuck in a car with him for several hours, you spent the whole journey talking to him, and then I saw him leaving your room before!
You hugged!" I stopped suddenly and looked across at my sister. She was looking at the ceiling and her eyes were glazed over. My eyes widened, and I frantically said "Storm? Storm, stop it! Velocity Storm, stop this right now, this is ridiculous!" before realising that is was no use. I stopped and looked at her, before saying "Please. Talk to me. I'm just trying to help, don't block me out. A-Abbie?" The second I used her old name, she snapped.
"I like him, okay ZIA?" I winced at her sour tone, and use of my old name. Upon seeing my face, she seemed to calm down. "I'm sorry... But not everything revolves around you! And your perfect boyfriend, perfect love life, perfect personality, perfect looks! So I like Poison! I like Party Poison. There, I admit it." She said, looking at me to see how I reacted. I just held out my arms and she smiled, climbing into them. I played with her hair, plaiting parts and un plaiting parts, before starting to speak slowly. "Hey, I don't mind! If anything, I think he may just like you too..." I wiggled my eyebrows as she tried to protest. "And yeah, Ghoul is perfect, and my love life is pretty decent. But I'm in no way perfect.' Again I shushed her as she tried to speak. I'd started, so I was going to finish. "I'm an insomniac, I'm practically insane, I have trust issues, I'm scared of spiders, small spaces, being alone and the dark, I randomly quote Shakespeare, I draw on my arms where I don't have tattoos, I only eat green skittles, and of course there's this..." I said, my hand going to my bandana.
"Wait. Are you-" she started, worriedly.
"Storm. I'm fine." I said, quickly un tying the bandana and waiting.
"Shit 'Noia..." She muttered.
"Don't remind me" I said, rolling my eyes. After a few more moments of inspection, there was a knock on the door. I scrambled for my bandana. It had been hard enough to show my own sister the scar, nobody else was seeing it anytime soon. "Don't worry Radio Paranoia, its just me, you don't have to wear your bandana." I visibly relaxed as Dr Death Defying appeared in the doorway. "Its good that you've finally shown Velocity Storm your scar. The reason I'm here is to tell you to come to the front room. I've got another mission for you all, and I need to explain it to all of you." He told us.
"So soon?" I asked at the same time as Storm said "Already?"
"I'm afraid so." Dr D replied, before slowly exiting the room.
"Com'on then Paranoia." Storm said, walking towards the door.
"I'm on my way," I said, jumping off the bed and walking behind her. But as soon as she left the room I ran back over and got my forgotten bandana, before tying it back around my neck. I'd done enough soul-baring for today.
*******************
AN: YAY its done! I wrote this all in one sitting, but I fell asleep before I could upload it, so sorry if its bad.
Actually, I quite like this chapter, might give it a few tweaks later one though. I promise I'm going to update more often!
Oh, and also I have a new twitter! I had a good one that had about 500 followers, but of course my mother had to find it. So if you want to follow my new account, its just @BalladOfMinnie
Oh yeah, I've always imagined that Dr D would call the Killjoys by their full Killjoy names... Weird xD
So anyway, rate and review please? :3

Stay beautiful, keep it ugly.
Minnie xo
Sign up to rate and review this story