Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Look Alive, Sunshine.

Look Alive, Sunshine.

by KilljoyMinnieIero 2 reviews

We were an odd bunch of people but, for the most of it, we were best friends. *Killjoy fic you auditioned for*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance,Humor,Drama - Characters: Ray Toro,Mikey Way,Gerard Way,Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] [!] - Published: 2012-01-07 - Updated: 2012-01-08 - 1182 words

1Original
Hey guys! Here's the Killjoy story that you auditioned for!
Sorry that its took me a while to write this, I find it hard to start stories, and my family are not helping! XD Oh yeah, I think the majority of this story will be in my characters POV. But anyway, here it is;
*********
"We totally kicked those dracs' asses right back into Battery City!" Fun Ghoul yelled, pumping a fist in the air and causing everyone to laugh. I grinned as everyone began to argue about who would ride in the trans am, and who would ride in the rusty old truck we had stolen from somewhere in Zone 3.
We were an odd bunch of people but, for the most of it, we were best friends. There was Party Poison, with his slightly long bright red hair and eccentric personality. Standing next to him was Fun Ghoul, my boyfriend. He had long black hair that reached just above his shoulders, and his body was adorned with tattoos. His lip piercing shone in the bright sunlight as he grinned at me before turning towards a tall teenage boy with dirty blonde hair. That was Party Poison's younger brother, Kobra Kid. The next person my eyes fell on was Jet Star. He wasn't hard to spot, due to his kind smile and huge afro. The girl he was playfully arguing with was Artistic Accident, his girlfriend. She had shoulder length, wavy blue black hair, bright blue eyes, and was quite small for her age. Looking to the left of her, I saw Misfit Gunner, a close friend of my sister's. She had mousey brown hair that she was planning on dying green, and her dark brown eyes kept flickering over to Kobra Kid. It was common knowledge that she had feelings for him, yet he seemed oblivious. Realising she was staring at him, she blushed and carried on talking to the girl next to her, who just so happened to be my younger sister. Velocity Storm and I didn't look much alike, as she had shoulder length electric blue hair, bright green eyes with specks of gold, and freckles. Now I suppose you want to know about me, Radio Paranoia. For one, I am the polar opposite of Storm.
I have short cropped hair with a long side swept fringe, that's dyed a platinum blonde. I have almost as many tattoos as Ghoul, which deeply contrast with my extremely pale skin. I have green eyes like Storm but, instead of being bright, they are dark and will turn black if I get emotional. But that's enough about me for now.
I turned to the rest of the gang and made a quick decision. "Okay, I'll drive the trans am. Ghoul, Storm, and.... Poison, you can come with me. Jet can drive the truck and take Artistic, Misfit and Kobra with him. Any objections?" Everyone shook their heads, glad someone else had decided for them. Misfit looked extremely happy, as did my younger sister. I understood why Misfit was happy. Jet and Artistic would be talking the whole journey, so she'd have a few hours alone with Kobra. But Storm.... She'd only have Poison to talk to, apart from me and Ghoul.... Surely not! I mustn't be thinking straight! But still, I needed to have a personal chat with my sister soon. "Com'on then Paranoia!" Ghoul shouted. I shook my thoughts away, and climbed in the car. Poison and Storm were quietly chatting as I drove away and after a few minutes, I felt Ghoul tap me on the shoulder. "You don't mind if I go to sleep for a little bit, do you Paranoia?" He asked me softly. I looked over at him, and noticed how tired he looked. Actually, when was the last time he'd slept? "No, go on. You look exhausted, Ghoul." It won't do any harm to be alone with my thoughts for a while. Ghoul doesn't sleep for very long at a time anyway, none of us do. "Thanks 'Noia" he said, leaning against the window and closing his eyes. "Love you" he murmured quietly. "Love you too Ghoul" I replied softly.
Judging from where we were, it would be a good few hours until we reached the diner. Glancing behind me, I saw that Poison and Storm seemed to be in the middle of a conversation. I sighed and let myself get lost in my thoughts.
-----------------------
I used to lead a normal life you know? I was plain old Zia, and Storm was called Abbie. We had a normal life, well normal for two teenage girls. We had family, friends and we were safe. Until one day, we came home to find everything had been taken over by the Better Living Industries, and our parents had been turned into Draculoids. Abbie and I ran, we ran for days, out into the deserts surrounding what is now known as Battery City. But somehow, Korse found us. It had been a few days since we had ran away, and we had set up camp for the night. Being as naïve as we were we didn't imagine that someone would come after us, so we set up camp and didn't bother to keep watch. The next time I woke up, Abbie was nowhere to be seen, and Korse was holding a knife to my neck. The next thing I knew, Abbie had re-appeared with a group of strangers. Korse snarled at them, before jumping in his car and racing off. But not before slitting my neck of course, because what kind of insane evil mad-man would he be if he didn't? The strangers abandoned chasing after Korse in favour of helping me. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a teenage boy, around my age, holding my hand and saying "Its okay. You're safe now. Don't worry, I'll keep you safe." And that was the first time I met Fun Ghoul. This time when I woke up, Abbie and I were at the Diner. And that is how my sister and I came to join the Fabulous Killjoys.
------------------------
Shaking myself from my memories, I focused on our surroundings. Judging where we were, I'd say it was a few minutes until we reached the Diner. Glancing behind me I saw that Storm and Poison had fallen asleep, and when I looked to my left I saw Ghoul still in slumber. I sighed and started to hum Holiday by Green Day quietly to myself. Let them have a few more minutes of peace.
**********
FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER XD I know its only the first one, but its quite long (for me) and I kept getting stuck at parts. But anyway, I'm gonna upload this ASAP, because you probably all think that I'm never gonna start it xD so yup, rate and review pleaaaaaaase? ;)
Stay beautiful, keep it ugly.
Minnie xoxo.

*EDIT* cause I hate PS's ;D I've tried uploading this so many times but its not working! I'll keep trying, but I'm sorry its taking so long! Mxoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story