Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Chronicles of the Mage

Goodbye Halcyon Days

by wiwuno 0 reviews

All good things must eventually end.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2011-10-20 - Updated: 2011-10-20 - 2164 words

0Unrated
Chronicles of the Mage

AN: Oh come on guys wheres the love. I got three reviews for this, and one is from the guy I'm working with on it. I know you can do better than that. Still for those of you who enjoy what I have written so far thanks for reading and supporting me. I really appreciate your well thought out review Haruchai and I hope I don't disappoint you. Now on with the show.

Disclaimer: I own a copy of Half-Blood Prince and a copy of Duels of the Planeswalker's 2012. Unfortunately that is not enough for me to make profit from this story legally so I'm still broke. Damn



Harry spent the remainder of his summer with Dumbledore being fully immersed in the basic theory behind harnessing mana directly from the plane. Unfortunately according to the headmaster Harry's home plane Elggum was one of the weaker planes mana wise producing a minority of mana users in general and the mana users produced were mostly unable to harness that mana effectively without the magic wands that had been invented my the mage lords of Atlantis in order to utilize their full potential. His skill with Planeswalking had improved quite nicely after his initial trip. All he needed was to decide he wanted to leave and poof he was off to another plane. He discovered that if he walks with out a target in mind he would wind up on a random plane. Another thing he had picked up fairly quickly and quite enjoyed was bonding with and summoning creatures from other planes though he'd learned that the larger and more powerful beasts were fairly draining to summon. Though he was showing a natural talent for green mana the headmaster insisted he practice with using the other colors. He had grown fairly capable with blue mana and was passable with red. Black an white mana however he was horrible with. At one point during his training he had nearly destroyed the great hall. He was practicing a simple flash-burn spell the mana equivalent of an incendeo, going with his old strategy of pushing as much power as he could into the spell however managed to turn the simple flicker into a pillar of fire.

Days of training turned into weeks, weeks molded into months time passing and training getting more and more intense as it went by. Harry was a fairly swift learner himself but the art of using and molding mana wasn't a simple thing. Learning when to be subtle with the mental arts and then switching to the large obvious magic of red or green mana. Techniques pushed on the boundaries of his understanding forcing him to think of things in ways that just didn't exist to him before. His views on what was possible what was not and how the worlds worked were being shifted several times a day. Just as he thought he had a grasp on a subject the headmaster would completely contradict everything he had learned so far while still falling in line with the nature of magic as he had come to learn it.

The first time he tried using black mana was a very traumatizing event channeling that foul corrupting energy filled Harry's senses, like a rotten flavor that he couldn't quite taste, a putrid scent filling his nostrils without him being able to smell it. The crawling sensation tore at him and fought against his very nature and being rendering him weak and ill for a week. From that point on his only exposure to black mana was strictly in a combative sense. Fighting off the sickening energies and resisting weakening effect it had on him.

As the years pushed on Harry's Focus quickly shifted from his regular classes to his Plainswalker lessons aside from run in's with his pathetic excuse DADA professor his last few years of school were fairly quiet. Voldemort seemed to drop off the map soon after his resurrection. Beyond Hogwarts Harry's life moved on he grew steadily stronger and more capable as a mage. He had visited many plains, met the most unusual people, and learned magic and secrets from them. Then one day as Harry was preparing for his job working as a senior Auror captain for the DMLA the head line of the daily prophet caught his eye.

Chief Warlock Found Murdered

Last night around 9 P.M. The body of the retired chief Warlock Albus Dumbledore was found in a back alley of Hogsmead village several houses away from the hogs head inn owned by his brother whom he had been visiting earlier in the day.

“It's just so surreal. I was just talking to him a few hours ago and now he's gone. It's a lot to take in.” Aberforth Dumbledore was reported saying on the matter of his brothers death. Details are still sketchy at best but from what this reporter as been able to gather from my contacts in the DMLE investigation department traces of strong dark magic were found on and around the body. The area where the famed wizard was found has been cornered off for investigation and possible cleansing. Funeral arrangements are still being made and friends and family have been invited to......

Harry dropped the paper in shock and fell to his chair slowly mulling over what could have happened.

Months later the rate of wizard of muggle violence spiked. There was a sharp rise in the amount of dark magic detected in use around not just England but in most developed magical nations. Soon the reports began to take a darker pattern, men in dark robes, skull masks, and out spoken light families and pro muggle born groups being assaulted and even murdered. Then it happened. Late one October night Halloween to be exact the dark mark towered high above London and the building housing the ministry of magic which also housed its muggle counterpart above ground was destroyed in a massive burst of dark magic. Standing atop the rubble was the form of Lord Voldemort being illuminated by the sickly green glow of the the writhing image in the sky. Seeing the challenge and threat for what it was Harry apprated to the scene of the incident. The battle was short brutal and extremely one sided.

Standing above his fallen adversary poised to deliver the final blow the victor paused and leaned back into the light to reveal his drawn pale face. Nose less and lacking any human qualities Voldemort threw his head back further and released a mad laugh. Scene crawling up his neck were black veins weaving their way up his pale skin.

“I should kill you here and now Potter. Weak, broken, humiliated, just like your precious headmaster before you. Oh how the mighty have fallen. But no, not today. Today you live, their will dictates this day and it is their will that you live, but remember your place boy. Remember your weakness for it will define the rest of your life.” Voldemort turned away from Harry showing no fear in exposing his back to his adversary. “We will meet again soon Harry Potter and when we do I hope you present a more enjoyable challenge.” Struggling to his feet Harry lunged at his foe hell bent on killing him while his guard was down. With barely a thought Voldemort spun and struck Harry with a glowing palm and forced him backwards. “This plane is mine Potter. Find another.” the snake like man hissed out before harry was engulfed by the familiar and overwhelming feeling of falling and running. He was planeswalking. Voldemort had forced him into a blind planeswalk. Harry's sight went black before he reached his destination he and fainted mid walk.

AN: and there we have it the second chapter of Chronicles of the Mage and it only took me two months. Hah if this chapter were longer I'd have more of an excuse but its not so I don't. I just hope more people will read this and comment. Its the reviews that feed my inspiration people gets me thinking. Because some of you want to know what happened during Hogwarts I will be presenting an Omake series called Harry's Training days. Please enjoy.

Omake :)
Harry's Training Days: Ch.1

Harry was permitted a brief respite form his training near the end of the summer to join Sirius and his friends at an undisclosed location that was being kept secret from him until the last moment.

“Ah Harry. Packed and ready to leave I see.” At the teenagers nod Dumbledore extended his arm indicating for Harry to take it. Gripping the old mans arm Harry got the distinct feeling of being squeezed through a tube no wider than a clogged straw before being dumped unceremoniously on his arse on a London sidewalk. After getting up and regaining his balance the bespectacled rookie Planeswalker took in his surroundings. He was on a sidewalk in London. Specifically a small residential area filled mostly with apartment housing. An oddity Harry noted however prompted him to ask the question.

“Headmaster where is number twelve.” He noted seeing the addresses skipped form eleven to thirteen. The headmaster turned to Harry chuckling warmly.

“Very astute of you my boy very astute. Most people don't even notice right away that something is wrong, and I believe I have the answer to your question right here.” The old man concluded riffling through his robes and pulling out a scrap of paper and handing it to the green eyed teen. Written on the scrape were the words 'the base of the order of the phoenix is located at number twelve Grimauld place' looking up from the note Harry gave the headmaster a confused look before following his gaze to the gap between numbers eleven and thirteen. To his surprise the buildings began to push apart and another building sprouted up between them. This new building was much older looking. Appearing to be a single family resident approximately three floors high. It would be a very nice house to live in were it not for the fact that it looked to be severely unkept. “Welcome Harry to the Order of the Phoenix.” He said with an overly grandiose gesture towards the building witch was thoroughly ruined by the truly unimpressive facade of the Large house.

“Um Professor. Just what is the Order of the Phoenix?” Harry asked utterly confused at the moment.

“The Order of the Phoenix Harry is a secret organization devoted to the defeat of Lord Voldemort. I have personally selected each member for their skill and abilities to further the war effort.” Dumbledore explained as he lead Harry up to the rotted looking oaken door of the decrepit building. Pushing the door an unusually loud creak emanates from the hinges as if announcing their arrival to the entirety of the houses residents. Stepping in behind the aged Headmaster Harry stumbles over some overlooked object and tumbles to the floor in a haphazard mess. Looking back to see what he tripped over his green eyes glance over the most unusual sight.

“Professor is that a dead troll leg?” He asks gesturing to the over turned appendage. Glancing at the macabre sight as if it were an everyday thing.

“I should certainly hope so Harry. It would be quite awkward to discover that the leg was alive without its body. Especially considering the rather rude way you introduced yourself to it a moment ago. Now please pick your self up now is no time to the playing in the floor. Your friends are waiting on you after all.” Dumbledore concluded by turning to continue on his path Harry scrambling to pull himself together behind him. Stepping through the doorway into what looked like the dining/meeting room Harry was greeted to the sight of his two closest friends sitting at the table with the rest of the Weasly family enjoying a nice Weasly sized lunch. Clearing his throat Dumbledore called attention to their arrival from the people arranged around the table. Hermione was the first to react.

“Harry!” she called leaping from her chair and enveloping him in a bone crushing hug. Hearing his spine pop and creak one to many times Harry finally forced himself to speak.

“Hermione. Cant. Breath.” He grunts out turning blue. As her grip tightens and audible crack is given out from Harry's back and his vision goes black. Such a happy reunion.


AN2: and done completely. It was to long for an Omake wasn't it. That's what I was thinking at least but I enjoyed writing it none the less. Anyway that's all I got for now till next time remember your reviews are a writers bread and butter. So please don't let any of us starve. Toodles

P.S. There's a poll on my profile allowing you all to vote on where Harry winds up first so please do your part and vote.
Sign up to rate and review this story