Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Shake Me

Part 2

by witchinghour1994 0 reviews

Roxie Snape

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-08-31 - Updated: 2011-09-01 - 30712 words

1Original
There was a tap at the door, walking over Harry and peered out and his eyes furrowed when he seen Parker standing there.

Yanking it open, he blinked, “Parker! What are you doing here?” he asked, moving back to allow Parker to enter his apartment.

“I’ve done some traveling Harry. If you’re going to Hogwarts you’re going to need protection and whoa! What the fuck… are you wearing! You don’t look the same!” teased Parker with a smirk on his snaky face.

Harry just rolled his eyes and crossed his arm, you could still see his tattoo it was hardly covered by his shirt.

“Funny Parker… I’m going to meet Candy’s parents.”

Parker snorted, “I thought you didn’t get into serious relationships.”

“I didn’t! She’s having my kid! I haven’t got much of a choice to meet her parents.”

Parker smirked, “How old do they think you are?”

“Sixteen.”

Parker sniggered “Close enough. I talked to Vander.” he told Harry who arched an eyebrow upwards, “Oh?”

“Expect him tonight, one o clock.”

Harry nodded, “All right. I’ll leave the Clicker on.” He told Parker.

Parker nodded, “All right. I told him about your guards, he’ll go through your window. So don’t attack.”

Harry snorted, “Got ya!”

“Harry be careful. It’s not Voldemort that I’m worried about.” said Parker honestly. “It’s Dumbledore, Snape, and that whole damn righteous group! They do anything to get what they want. They even go to worse lengths than Voldemort would.”

Harry nodded, “I understand Parker. Why do you think I’m trying to get the Ministry on my side?”

Parker nodded, “That was the best move you made.” he said, pulling a beer out of Harry’s refrigerator.

“I’m glad I taught you well.” he said, as Harry smirked, “Of course you did.”

Harry then thought about it and spoke, “What’s Snape about?”

Parker lowered the can, and looked at Harry, “He’s slick, that’s for sure. He really has no ties. He will go which ever way suits him best. He may be on Dumbledore’s side now but in one month, I can’t say for sure if he’ll still be on the old mans side. He could switch. That’s what makes him such a good spy. Take him at a snails pace.”

Harry nodded and leaned against the wall, “I’ll do that. Now about the sorting.”

Parker laughed, “I have no unearthly idea what house you were in. If you could someway somehow talk the sorting hat into placing you in Slytherin you may have a better way of infiltrating the house and taking out the Deatheaters.”

Harry had thought about the Deatheaters. They were the main play. They’d be pawns in front of Voldemort, just like the Order of the Phoenix were pawns in front of Dumbledore. That’s the way it worked. Harry wasn’t a pawn and refused to be one.

“But Gryffindor, Voldemort, you are going to have a few problems. Your personality doesn’t fit Gryffindor yet, you are a brave courageous little shit.” Parker commented.

Harry snorted, “And that’s bad?”
“It’s bad because you have friends with Vampires, Werewolves, Goblins, Elves, and the whole damn world of creatures!”

“That’s gonna prove useful.”

Parker smirked, “I’m sure it will. But, I don’t like contacting them!”

“I never told you too.” Harry sat on the couch, as Parker sat on the armchair and shook his head, “But I did! Someone needed to take action, and seeing as I’m the adult here.”

Harry just rolled his eyes, and leaned back listening to Parker go on about how dangerous they were.

“I’m betting you didn’t have problems with Remus though.”

Parker smiled, “No, I did not have problems with the Marauder. He spoke about your meeting with Sirius Black. Sirius was evidently ecstatic, it took all of Remus’ intellect to not spill that he knew you and had contact with you over the years.”

“Yeah, I spect if Dumbledore ever found out that Remus knew who I was since I was twelve he wouldn’t be to happy about it.”

“No he would probably have a fit knowing that you were in his midst, in the middle of the old crowd.”

“I’d hate how he’d hold that over Remus.” Harry said, leaning his head back just as the door to his apartment opened.

“Hey!” Candy stopped abruptly and smiled at Parker who arched an eyebrow, “Well, Hello Candy! We meet again.” said Parker nodding to the blonde.

“Hello Parker. How you doing?” she asked, warmly.

She looked nice in a pair of black flare slacks and a white button blouse. It was the most conservative Harry had ever seen her. Her hair was up in a twist, and she had a light bit of make up.

“Wow! You look as if you are going to a high fashion job interview.” Harry commented.

Candy laughed, “Thanks! My parents will find something to insult me over. They always do.” said Candy with a sigh as she sat down next to Harry and giggled, “Wow! I didn’t know you owned anything that was khaki! Or even remotely conservative.” she teased, with a smirk on her face.

Harry smirked, “What can I say?” he said opening his arms. “I can shock a few people.”

She laughed, “You sure can.”

Parker smiled, “Harry, remember what I said, I’ll be seeing you later.” He stood, and nodded to Harry.

“I put up Anti Apparation wards! I didn’t like Snape, Dumbledore, and Tonks apparating in and out. I don’t like that.”

“Don’t blame ya Harry! See ya later.” He winked and walked out.

“Everything OK?” asked Candy.

Harry smiled, “Yeah, just fine. He was just warning me about a few things. Are we ready?” he asked.

She nodded, “Yeah, we better get going…” She took out her keys, and Harry only smirked, “No! Let’s take my car.”

She gave him an odd look, “Your car? You can’t drive.”

“No but you can.” He smirked, and pulled out his keys and handed them to her.

She had the biggest look of confusion on her face as they walked out into the front, and toward the back where all the cars were parked under the shed.

Harry pointed to his that had always been empty, her eyes widen, “Harry! What….” she turned, and stared at him in utter shock.

Sitting in the drive was a black 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

“Oh my gosh! How did you get this?” she asked, in shock.

He smiled, “Don’t worry, I didn’t steal it.” he insisted, as she walked over in shock.

“You can use this since I’ll be away at school.” he told her. “You are on the all the papers.”

She just looked at him in shock. “Gots a CD player and all.”

She laughed, “Wow! That’s too cool!” she squealed, running over and unlocking it.

Harry walked over a bit more slowly, and slid in to see her practically bouncing in the seat. The seats were gray and soft, and the interior smelled of cherry’s because of the freshener in the window.

“Oh my gosh! I don’t know how you did it.” she said, in shock.

Harry just smiled and adjusted the seat for his own comfort, “Yes, well I didn’t want your car breaking down on you.” He insisted.

She looked over at him in shock, “Did you say I can use this?”

“Yeah! I want you to be safe.” He told her, as she smiled, and started the car and put on her seatbelt and backed out.

She was giddy the whole way as Harry fumbled through the stations of the radio before making a face and popping in a Metallica CD.

Candy started to get nervous as they got closer to the really nice suburban area. She was chewing on her lower lip so hard that Harry was sure she was going to make a hole.

“Hey! Calm it down.” He insisted touching her arm.

She groaned and turned to look at Harry, “You don’t know how my parents are.” she insisted.

“Listen, I won’t let them insult you.”

She looked at him, “I’m not sure if that’ll work. They’ll be even more upset that I proved them wrong.”

Harry sat back and wondered just how bitter her family really was.

They pulled into the cul-de-sac and did a triple take as he seen where he was.

“What the fuck!” He said suddenly.

Candy looked over astonished, “What? My parents live on Number 3 Privet Drive.”

The color drained from Harry’s face as he stared over at Candy, in horror.

A.N. Hehe, my first cliffhanger. Don't worry! Don't yell or throw tomatoes.. I'll have the next up ASAP, Promise! Thanks for the reviews that came in. I'm gonna bump the rating up soon. I want it on PG 13 just for now so I will appear on the main list! Thank you all again!



A.N. Thank you to those who support me on that similarity thing. Yes the Dursleys live at number four! I wanted to put them in it, someway somehow, and I thought this would be a great way… Thank you to the reviewers. Oh and Signeus, I hope you get out of your depressed mood. I think that’s how you spell your name.

Thanks for the reviews. Now on with the program!

Chapter Seven: Shaking the Foundation

Harry sat back and bowed his head in horror. Candy looked concerned.
“Hey! Harry what’s wrong?” asked Candy.

The emotions were inside of him now, it was a mixture of anger, hate, despair, rage, betrayal, and turmoil.
Harry stared over number four Privet Drive, and felt a rush of cold slide up his back. It felt like ice. He never imagined he’d be anywhere near this street again.

Candy bent over and touched Harry’s arm, who flinched visibly.

“What’s wrong Harry?”

Turning his eyes away from the brown boxed house he had fled at five years old, he forced a shaky smile, “Fine, Candy! Let’s go.”

Yanking the handle, Harry got out, his legs felt like jelly. He had never been visibly nervous. He was taught by Parker that no matter how tense a situation was, showing your fright and nerves left you vulnerable to being taken advantage of. Harry closed his eyes to wipe all his feelings away. As long as they don’t come over or come out of their houses. Thought Harry to himself, as he strolled up the driveway. The sickening part of it all was, that this house was identical to number four. All the houses on the street were.

Walking behind Candy he could tell her nervousness. Harry tried to shake his nerves off. He didn’t care about Candy’s parents it was the people next door he was worried about.

They waited as Candy knocked on the door. Harry’s back was facing neighbors in case the long necked aunt of his decides to be nosy as usual.
The door unlocked, and standing there was a woman Harry had seen several times before walking up and down Privet Drive, she was as nosy as his aunt had been.
Her face was round much like Candys. But her hair was a dark brown and it came to a stop at her ears and it was curled under just slightly. Her eyes were a watery gray, and she was the same height as Candy. She was wearing a professional looking outfit, a dress suit, blue and a white blouse.

“Candace! Bob! It‘s Candace!” she called over her shoulder, looking at Candy with a mix of emotions.

“You don’t have to knock on your mother and fathers door.” said her mother with a frown.
Her eyes met Harry and her eyebrows shot up with surprise. She sized him up as Harry stepped in behind her.
“Hello Mrs. Samson.” said Harry holding out a hand. Being polite and cordial was weird.

“Hello… er?” “Harry Evans.” he said, biting a wince, as her eyebrows shot up curiously.

“Nice to meet you Harry! I’m Carol.” she said stiffly. Her hands were cold as ice.
She turned around and headed back toward the front room as Harry followed Candy who was walking quite slow.
“BOB!” shouted Carol. “Candace is here! Put that damn thing away and come out here!” she shouted from the steps.

The house was too much like his relatives for comfort. His eyes even lingered on the alike cupboard under the stairs, and for a moment he psychologically wondered if a child was sleeping in there.

A bald man came out, with a tan head and hands. His eyes were the same color as Candy’s and he was much taller. About two inches above Harry’s height.
“G’afternoon Candace. And, you must be the one who got her knocked up.” He said, not extending a hand, instead they were shoved into his gray slacks, as he sized Harry up.

“I really wouldn’t put it like that, seeing as she’s one of my closest friends.” said Harry simply but as politely as he could.
‘Bob’ looked to his daughter who frowned at him, “Daddy, he’s my best friend. It wasn’t so much an accident.”

Bob opened his mouth to say something when Carol chose the time to intervene, “There’s dinner on the table and it’s starting to get cold.”
Harry stiffly followed Candy into the dinning room and too a seat next to her. He was even cordial enough to pull out her chair. Candy couldn’t help but smile.

“So Harry tell us, do you got to school or work?” asked Carol making conversation as she sipped her wine.

“I work full time. Have for a year an a half. Construction.” Harry told them.

Bob arched an eyebrow, “Where on earth are your parents?” he asked, finally speaking.

Harry didn‘t feel comfortable with talking about this subject, but he knew it was coming, “They’re dead.” he said simply.

“Oh my! When did they die?” asked Carol shocked.

“I was a year and half old. On Halloween. They were murdered.” Harry said simply.

Their eyes widen, and Harry busied himself with taking a drink of his cola. He’d prefer something stronger right now.

Candy didn’t know what to say. She knew how they were killed but couldn’t really tell her parents that, they’d flip.

“Do you know who did it?” asked Bob, his stern demeanor faltered slightly.
“Yeah, I know who did it. He’s still out there. Tom Riddle.” Harry said simply.

“No, don’t know the name.” said Carol.

“Doubt you would., uh… good rolls by the way.” Harry said, forcing a smile.

“So you’ve been on your own all this time?” asked Bob, as Carol smiled faintly at Harry.

Harry nodded, “Yes, since I was five. I’ve had help from people here and there but mostly on my own.” He told Candy’s parents.

Carol and Bob were surprised to say the least. They couldn’t believe that they were talking to a sixteen year old. Or in Harry’s honest case, fifteen. He’d hate to break it to them just how old Harry really was. Even if it was just a year apart, fifteen seems so far from sixteen.

Dinner passed and the usual questions went out.
“How did you two meet officially?” asked Bob.
Harry had been waiting for this. “Where she works. She was putting boxes up on the top shelf and some kid passed by without paying attention and hit the ladder. She fell and I grabbed her. Then we went out a couple times and just became friends that way.” Harry didn’t tell them about helping Candy out a couple months back.
The girl had gotten arrested for public intoxication, public indecency, and assaulting an officer. Harry bailed her out of jail, and ‘talked’ the judges into misdemeanor instead of a felony. Or rather made them forget that assaulting an officer was a felony by law.

Bob seemed satisfied with the answer as did Carol, who seemed to take a rather noticeable interest in Harry.

Dinner wasn’t half bad and the subject got off of Harry, and back onto Candy. Bob was asking her if she was still working.

“Do you have an update for us? Any information?” asked Carol.
“I’m due February 9th of next year.” said Candy, as they moved to the gray and white furnished living room. It was really conservative and overly neat. Much like the Dursleys, except their couch was a toffee color. Yes, Harry remembered, he remembered everything.
Come to find out Bob was an insurance sales man and Carol was a substitute teacher.

Talk went from one thing to another to what they were going to do about the baby.
“Expect me to be around a lot!” Harry said simply.

Candy beamed, as Carol and Bob looked mildly impressed.
“Are you ready to handle it? You know it’s a lot of responsibility.” said Carol, crossing her legs, and leaning up to stare at him.

Harry nodded, “I know ma’am, but I’ve lived on my own for years. I’ve taken pretty good care of myself, seeing as I’m alive and quite healthy and I don’t make too bad of money at the construction site. True, not a bunch of money but enough to help Candy and take care of our child. Unlike some people, I tend to stick around and make sure goes well.” insisted Harry.

Carol and Bob were more than impressed, and Bob loosened up greatly. For a moment at the door Harry thought the ol’ man was going to take a swing at Harry. He really didn’t want to hurt Candy’s father.

The night ending quite nicely, and Harry was asked to accompany Bob outside.

The sky was setting low and the darkness started to kick in as Harry and Bob stood outside.
“Are you serious about taking care of my daughter?” asked Bob sternly.

Harry turned and stared Bob straight in the eyes, “Mr. Samson, I may be young, but I have done and seen a LOT in my life. She’s a very good friend of mine. I am going to help raise this child be there for this child and not take it for granted. I never knew what it was like to have a family, a good family. The family that I did have wasn’t so nice to me. They were terrible to me, called me a freak shoved me under a cupboard and beat the living shit out of me. I’m not about to walk out of a child’s life like that. I know what its like growing up by yourself wondering why you aren’t loved, why you are called a freak and why am I hated… That child will never know the meaning of suffering. I guarantee you.” For the first time in years Harry spoke what he truly felt, and his emotions were swelling up in him.

He kept the tears under the surface and didn’t allow them to spill over his lids.
Bob was the least to say bewildered and shocked, he could believe what he was just told. Bob paced the yard his hands behind his back, looking down at the ground. Every now and then he’d look over at Harry who was standing there staring at Bob.

Bob didn’t want to feel sorry for this kid, he knew better than too. He could tell that the boy didn’t say much like that to people. He was sure even Candy had no idea. He now felt kind of bad about how cold he was to the teen earlier.
“You two aren’t in this alone.” said Bob finally coming to a stop in front of Harry. “We love Candace regardless of what she says about us. And her child is our grandchild.”

Harry felt high respect for Bob, and couldn’t particularly help it.

The two got off the subject and onto a more lighter one. Although, Harry was bored out of his mind to hear about Bob’s ‘work’ he listened anyway. A fifteen-year-old really did not care about the use of phones and collecting insurance and the people he goes to see everyday.

“Hey Bob!” said a voice coming up the walkway.
Harry and Bob turned, but not for long Harry turned the other way as fast as possible when he seen Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia walking up the drive.

His heart raced as he turned around briskly, and closed his eyes. He could hear the footsteps of his relatives. He knew this would happen. The Dursleys still looked the same. Nothing ever changed. Fat, skinny, long necked, and sometimes purple. That was the descriptions.
“Aw… Vernon! Petunia! How may I help you this evening?” asked Bob in a friendly voice.
“Carol promised to go over these recipes with me this evening.” said the voice of his aunt.
Hate and anger swelled up inside of him, as he stared straight ahead. Harry felt his heart swell and his green eyes glisten as Vernon started talking on about how they had set up a dinner date.
“Oh my! We completely forgot! See our daughter came over with her friend. I’m sure Candace would love to meet you Petunia go on in!” he insisted.
“Oh brilliant!” said Petunia.

Harry felt his hands aching just to pull out his wand. Uncle Vernon was still their as he heard Petunia’s clunking clogs. He glanced to the side to see her walking past, yet she was looking back trying to see who he was.

“Vernon! I would like you to meet Candace’s good friend… Ha…”
“I got to go Bob!” said Harry, suddenly and made to leave when Bob touched his arm, “It’s OK son! I was wrong about you. I’m sorry about my cold shoulder earlier. I think its time you meet Candy’s babysitter!” he said with a smile.
Harry stared at Bob, “No! I don’t think so..” He tried, but Bob had all ready swung him around.
Uncle Vernon hadn’t recognized him yet. His hair covered his scar. Harry’s eyes stayed on the ground. “I got to piss!” Harry said without thinking, turned and made a beeline for the house. He was so fast that Bob didn’t have time to shout out.
Bob winced, “Oh boy, I think I was a little hard on him earlier. He’s really a good boy! Smart beyond his years! Would you like to come in Vernon? We still have a lot of roasted chicken left.” “Sure thing Bob.” said the fat man not giving a thought to the boy who ran into the house.

Harry was breathing in sharply as he leaned against the sink, grasping the edges, he stared up into the window, his eyes filled with hate and anger. He was afraid of what was going to happen when Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia discover who he really is. His green eyes stared into the mirror. His jaws clenched together. After everything he had just said to Bob, and now the same people he had been talking about show up.
Backing up and hitting the door, the teen slid down the door shaking. Drawing his legs up to his chest, he refused to let his emotions in. Too many things were building up. Too much anxiety running through his vanes.

For the first time in years Harry felt vulnerable. His insides twisted and coiled like a snake. The nauseas feeling that came along with it didn’t help any.
Harry closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the door, and just sat there on the black and white tiled floor of the bathroom.

He heard footsteps and then a tap on the door. “Harry!” It was Candy.
“What?” asked Harry. “Come out! Is everything OK?” asked Candy.

Harry sighed and stood and opened the door. His face full of anger and rage.
Her eyes widen, “What’s wrong? What did daddy say? I’ll kill him!” she said turning.

Harry shook his head, and let go of her arm, “It wasn’t your dad. We get along quite well actually.” He told Candy who looked at him curiously.

“I’m fine!” said Harry, feeling the heat throb away in his ears.
“Your ears! They’re blazing.” she said, biting her lip.
He looked angry, his face was flushed. Harry’s hand fingered his wand that was in his holster.

“I may have to memory modify your family.”
“Why?” Candy asked horrified.

Harry didn’t answer instead, he took the steps two at a time. Time to face the music.

Candy looked frightened, she ran down the steps after him, but Harry had all ready disappeared through the threshold.

Harry stopped as he faced the back of Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia. They were talking and laughing quite amusingly at the Samson’s.

“Harry!” said Carol, standing up. Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia turned, and their eyes bulged.
Harry’s eyes shifted from one to the other, and Aunt Petunia dropped her tea and shrieked in shock as she stood and started shaking.
“Y..y… you!” she gasped.
Uncle Vernon gaped, “What the fuck are you doing here boy?” growled Uncle Vernon his eyes narrowed like black olives. He seemed to have forgotten he wasn’t in his house.

Harry was silent he crossed the room wand out and turned and faced the Dursleys with disgust written on his face. He just stared at them.

“You! You made them lowlife freaks come to our house!” snarled Aunt Petunia her eyes livid.

Harry just arched an eyebrow upwards, as Uncle Vernon growled and his face turned a rather amusing shade of magenta.

“How are you doing Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon!” Harry’s voice was as cold as ice but his face and ears were a blood red and he could feel years of hatred swell.

Bob’s eyes widen and Carol to look quite taken aback at the tone and the sudden outburst.

Candy stopped in the threshold to see the commotion and feared for what was going to happen.

“What are you doing here you little freak! You’re suppose to be dead somewhere!” growled Uncle Vernon.

Aunt Petunia spluttered, “Just as always, impertinent and that hair!” she gabbled, with disgust, as her lips pursed together to make her look even more like a horse.

“Are you quite done?” asked Harry icily.

Uncle Vernon took a step forward when Harry felt the need and raised his wand, “Crucio!” pointing it right at Uncle Vernon’s head, the man fell straight to the ground screaming in dire agony.

He hollered and rolled and twisted and cried. Harry just watched him with half amusement half horror. All the anger in him was pushed onto that one simple curse.
Aunt Petunia was shrinking and ran for the door when Harry’s other wand was out and took a hook of her and drug her back. Slamming her into the wall, and back onto the couch she squealed with pain when her nose and face hit the wall.

Harry waved his wand and muttered, “Pique Aperto!” The affect was instant, Aunt Petunia started screaming in pain and horror as she tried to move. She felt needles and pain stinging her from the inside out, as well as something squeezing against her whole body cutting off her breathing.
Harry finally let up on Uncle Vernon whose temples was bleeding and his face was red. He was twitching and shuddering and moaning in pain.
Aunt Petunia withered like a worm, as she felt the breath leave her body. Harry released the curses, and they laid there panting and crying.
“Did that feel good? Do you want some more?” Harry asked in a childish voice, as he paced back and forth.
Carol and Bob had been staring thunderstruck, unable to move, Candy was just looking in fear wondering why Harry was attacking her ol’ babysitter.

“You low life son of a bitches had the nerve to push me too far! I was going to leave…” said Harry coolly, as he paced. “Leave you alone pretend as if you didn’t exist, but you just had to open your fat arse mouths didn’t you?”

They couldn’t speak, Uncle Vernon’s vocals had been sliced from the cruciatus and Aunt Petunia was still looking for oxygen, although he had let up on the curse sometime ago.

“Are you afraid of me now? Is you afraid of your little ol’ nephew!” Harry said this in a pitiful excuse for a baby voice.
“Yeah! You remember well don’t you? All the beatings you gave me, all the times you shoved me in the cupboard or made me clean the house. All the times you left me out in the cold to freeze, or to lock me out for no reason at all. What about you Petunia who decided that a warm bath wasn’t good enough for me but instead you stick me in a scalding hot bath that not even an adult can handle. Yes, I remember all of that…” He said, dangerously. “Oh yes, I remember everything. You were such great relatives. How could I ever thank you? I could let you live in misery or take something away from you…” Harry just glared nastily at them, as they looked up at Harry in horror and fright.
Harry’s mind and feelings were mixed. HE was suddenly feeling guilty for having doing this, but another part of him was telling him they deserved it. Every bit of what he gave them and more.

Harry turned to see Carol and Bob. “They are the ones?” asked Bob.

Harry nodded, “Forget you ever seen this scene! Obliviate!” Harry whispered to Bob, while thinking up of an excuse. Bob was suddenly knocked unconscious doing the same to Carol, he stunned them temporarily and turned to Candy, “Don’t worry! I just modified their memory. They won’t have any recollection that I attacked their…” he sneered, and stared down at the still moaning relatives, “Guests.”

“They did all that?” asked Candy in horror.
Harry nodded, “Yeah, that’s what they did! These bastards don’t deserve to live.” He insisted. Harry felt the hatred leave his body, and something sick was planted into his gut. He felt his body tremble. They didn’t call the Unforgivables, that for nothing. The power it took to cast one of those was immense and Harry had really over did it. Besides, the Oxygen Deflation Hex, was also known as a very dark and nasty hex that suffocated a person’s lungs and body while penetrating it with needles and stinging sensations through out the body. It was declared illegal and cruel after the first fall of Voldemort.

Harry breathed in sharply and waved his wand and the Dursleys were lifted and forced into sitting positions. Harry seen a sort of hazy look in Uncle Vernon’s eyes as if he had no idea what was going on. Aunt Petunia was rocking back and forth her eyes filled with tears trailing down her bony cheeks.

“Only thing your parents will know about this situation was that I came down, we got into a fight, and we left. No thoughts of magic was ever used…! I think we should go.” said Harry very evenly, although on the inside he felt sickened.
There was something that was eating away at him. He didn’t want it to be guilt. Why should he feel guilt after the years of punishment these formidable relatives did?

“Have a nice time.” Harry said, viciously knowing the after affects were just as bad as the curses themselves.
Harry had a feeling he went overboard with the Cruciatus. He knew the curse could render ones mind obsolete.
Candy just nodded not trusting herself to speak, and grabbed the keys and her purse.
As Harry exited, he waved his hand, to Ennervate the Samsons, and walked out feeling partially relieved and partially sickened. He knew he would lose this evenings dinner by the time he got home.

On the ride home, Harry just sat back, his face staring straight ahead not trusting himself.
“I’m sorry.” he told Candy, just as they drove into the house.
Candy was quiet until she parked, “I had no idea they did that. I had no idea that you were the little boy I played with in the backyard. The one who always so small and hardly had anything nice. I had no idea.” she said quietly.
Harry didn’t remember, he must have been about two years old.

He shrugged, and stared straight ahead. “They deserved it. They deserved everything they got. But why do I feel like shit?”

Candy looked at him, “What did that magic do?” asked Candy.
“One was illegal. It’s a Cruciatus Curse, painful and if held under to long you can go insane. The other was announced illegal in 1980. It’s a Oxygen Suffocation type of hex. It also stings.”
Her eyes widen, “Whoa!”
“Takes a lot of power. The Cruciatus, can give you a life sentences in Azkaban or the Dementors kiss.”
“I’m not even going to ask what a Demtor is.” said Candy simply.

“Dementor.” he corrected. “Soul sucking fiends that pray upon your worst fears and memories, till you’re nothing but a soulless and depressed vegetable.” He told her.

Her eyes widen and she felt sick, “Oh god Harry! Are you going to get in trouble?”
“No, long ago the tracking charm was taking off my wands. Besides, no one would put the Boy Who Lived behind bars. Not yet anyway.”

“They deserved it. They were terrible, they hurt you! A child… its wrong.”
“Yeah, but still. I feel like shit.” said Harry simply getting out and walking quietly to the apartment.
Candy insisted on staying that night to make sure Harry was OK. Harry just laid down on the bed that night not even taking knowledge of her.

“Aw… shit! Turn the clicker by the window on.” He mumbled waving his hand toward the window but not looking at it.

“What?” she asked.
“There is a small blue device on the window sill. Press it! It’s a vampire clicker. It’s the only way a vampire is allowed in a home.” He told her.
Her eyes widen, “Why would you want a vampire to come in?” she gasped in horror.

“Vander, a good friend of mine will be popping in about one! So don’t scream.” he told her.

Her eyes widen and she nodded and flipped it, a flash of blue light caused her to jump but otherwise she was OK.

She sat down and touched Harry’s leg, “Is there anything I can do to help you Harry?” she asked her hand going up his boxers.
A faint smile traced his lips, “It wouldn’t hurt.” He commented.

She just giggled, and kissed him deliciously on the lips. Temporarily forgetting about his guilt and problems, for his hormones decided to take over at that moment he pushed her down onto the bed and made his move on top of her, and yanked her shirt off with a bit more force than normal. She just giggled at his wild side. She loved it when it came out in bed.

Harry was half asleep when he heard a soft ‘swoosh.’ Eyes open an alert, he stared up into a set of gray eyes that was peering into his. Normally, a person would jump out of their skin and scream bloody murder.

“Vander…” he murmured.
The vampire cackled with amusement and moved back, “I was hoping you’d scream like a little girl.” he said, shaking his head and sitting down on the edge of the bed and getting an eyeful of Candy’s heaving chest.

Harry rolled his eyes and sat up, “I was expecting you.”
“Yes, seeing as I didn’t disintegrate into ashes.” He commented.
“That would suck.”
Vander snorted, “You’re telling me! Now, I wanted to give you an update in person.” He whipped out a blue rolled up parchment.
Harry took it, “What’s this?”
“It is a blueprint to the grounds of Hogwarts and the inside. It took us two weeks with the help of a werewolf friend to get a hold of it. He even charmed it, specially for you Harry.”
Harry unrolled it, “You have to mutter the incantation for it. “I Solemnly Swear That I will kick some ass, and then to close it, ‘Ass Kicked.’ ”

Harry snorted, “Who came up with that one?” asked Harry.

“Well from what I was told by Remus, they had a map a lot like this! Except the words were different.”
Harry repeated the words with a chuckle, and his eyes widen when he seen the layout of Hogwarts and the dots laying still.

“They’ll move once you get with in five miles of the school.” He told Harry.

“Wow! Excellent.”
“Also every night we have six guards, three werewolves, two goblins, and a house elf. There is a particularly free elf, that Remus talked highly about, Dobby, who worships you like no other because of you defeated his old masters master…”
Harry arched an eyebrow upwards, “Really… Voldemort’s Deatheater?”

Vander nodded, “Apparently, this Dobby, elf said he’d take care of you and make sure no one harms you in school. You may meet him. He wears many clothes and garments. He has a rather strange taste for underwear.” Vander shook his long dark hair, and smirked, “Elves.”

Harry smirked, “Well, I’ll have to meet this little guy.” He sighed, and looked far away.
Vander looked at the kid, “What’s going on?”

“I met them again tonight.”

“Who?” asked Vander slowly.

“Dursleys.”
Vander’s eyes widen and he bared his teeth, “Want me to…”
“No no!” Harry insisted, shaking his head. “I did enough. I cast Cruciatus and then Oxygen Suffocation hex.”
“Whoa! Powerful. Both?” he asked.
Harry nodded, “Yeah, why do I feel like shit afterwards?” he asked Vander.

Vander looked at Harry, “You’re not made for spells that dark Harry. You’re not dark at all. You have qualities of darkness but you’re not evil. You have a conscious, you have empathy. Something a lot of mortals don’t have. I don’t have empathy.” he replied. “I kill everyday Harry. I have no feelings. I don’t feel bad, I don’t feel good.”

“Do you think it’ll go away? I think I went overboard with the Cruciatus.” He admitted.
“Well they deserved it. They tortured you as a child. I don’t kill kids. No matter what. If they aren’t adults, I don’t bother them. It’s not that I have feelings for them its just that I know better. Most vampires don’t bother kids. I also seek out men more than I do women. Just a way of life for me I guess.” he said quietly.

“I could finish them off.” He grinned maliciously.
Harry laughed, “No, but thanks for the offer. I had to modify her parents. That’s where we were. They lived right next door.”

“Ooh, did you modify their memories?”
“Oh yeah. Glad Parker taught me that. I thought it would never be needed.” Harry commented.
Vander smiled, “I don’t mind your friend Parker. He’s all right.”
Harry smirked, “Course he is. You were a Slytherin too weren’t you?”

“Yes, 190 years ago.” He answered.

“How’s Shari?” asked Harry.
“Good, talks about you a lot.” he commented. “She’s going to be one of the ones to help us. Also, Remus gave us a map of the passages in and out of Hogwarts. An elf is going to be stationed there at all times. No don’t worry they aren’t being mistreated, Harry all for you. They’re taking it in shifts. Remus told me about Peter Petigrew, knowing his way in and out of the castle, and we need to make sure Voldemort has no idea.’
“What does the vampires say to Voldemort? I know he’s going to ask you guys.”
“Most… ALMOST all of us are neutral. Want to stay out of it. Harry, my family and I owe our life to you. Most of my friends do too. We’ve all got your back when you need us. Just call on us.” Vander insisted.
Harry nodded, “Thank you Vander.”
“No Harry, I owe you so much thanks..” said the Vampire standing up. He adjusted his traveling cloak, and checked his watch.

“Good luck at Hogwarts, Harry.” said Vander.
“Thanks.”
“I’ll be going now.” a moment later, Vander transformed into a flying bat. Harry watched as he flew straight out the window. Picking up his wand he closed and locked it, resetting the clicker. He may be friends with Vander and other vampires but there were still your weirdoes in the bunch.

Shew… that’s a lot to write! Three chapters in one day! Then again I wrote a lot on Saturday when I was gone. I hope this was a good enough chapter. I won’t be on tomorrow, but Tuesday I will be. Happy Valentines Day to everyone! And thank you for the reviews. I accept anonymous reviews! So if you could drop me a line or two thank you! Next is Hogwarts…. And the sorting… dun dun dun!





A.N. Harry wanted to leave a big impact on the Dursleys which is why he didn’t memory modify them. Guys, I have been juggling Harry’s house ideas in my head since I started this fic. I still honestly have no idea which house he’ll be in. I’ve weighed the pros and cons. I need to hunt up a list of Characters at Hogwarts. I’m only familiar with a few that I remember.

Chapter Eight: The Product of the 90’s Raise

Harry used the little time he had left to memorize the Hogwarts map as much as possible. Candy worked a lot of overtime, and since Harry wasn’t working anymore he filled the time with studying the Hogwarts rule book and map. With the way his relationship is with the teachers he may have to use a rule or two in case they tried to take advantage of him.

The very last day before the first, Harry snuck off to Diagon Alley, to meet up with Sterling.

The dark underground of Gringotts was chilly, which made Harry glad he brought his leather jacket.

The Evans Vault was unlike his trust fund vault. This vault wasn’t the usual color, instead it was a livid glowing green. Harry jumped over the cart and onto the platform, and stared at the green bubble with interest.

“When you were born Harry, this was set up for your Iris activation.” said Sterling getting out.
Harry grasped the lantern for Sterling, “But… couldn’t anyone with green contacts enter?” he inquired.

A grin spread across Sterling’s face, “No Harry, each wizard and witches iris is different from another eye no matter the color.” Sterling leaned over, “That’s where half of your magical signature is, in your eyes.” he stated.

Harry had never heard this before, “You mean… our magical signature is in our eyes? How is that?” He wondered if a lot of wizards and witches knew that.

“Your concentration and focus, is the biggest part of magic. The other part is your heart, soul, and feelings.” said the Goblin.

Harry took this in consideration, as the Goblin pulled out a strange looking contraption. It was larger than a key, and as long as a wand yet it was round and jagged at the end. A naughty muggle device was what crossed his mind, and snorted to himself.
Sterling seen him looking at the device, glancing down at the item in his hand, “This is a specially made key. Your mother Lily Potter, was quite the charms expert.” He said, moving aside.
“Harry, stand over there in front of the green bubble, and don’t blink. Keep your eyes wide.” instructed Sterling.

Harry did, and as he did, Sterling pressed his index finger against the Avada Kadavera green bubble.
It took Harry’s being not to gasp and flinch. He felt energy probes scanning him right in the eyes.

The light was so bright yet it felt as if he had done this several times before. Harry felt warmth spread through out his body and it was then that the bubble disappitated.

Harry breathed sharply, “Whoa!”
“Aww… good!” said Sterling lifting the large ‘key’ and sticking it in the hole of the vault. A loud echo of locks could be heard zigzagging its way through Harry’s vault.
“Is there something very valuable in there for all these measures to be taken?”
Sterling only grinned, “Wait and see Harry.”
Harry groaned, “I hate it when you say that.” He mumbled dryly.

The door to the vault finally clicked and gave a wheezing shudder.

Clouds of smoke escaped the vault, the same pungent smell from his trust fund, but this time it was even more so.

Harry’s eyes looked inside the vault. Sterling hooked the lantern and the whole vault room lit up.
It was unlike any other place Harry had ever seen. Stepping in he could have sworn he entered a living room. Portraits of snoring dusty obvious relatives of his were hanging on the vault walls. He could tell by the mops of black hair and glasses that they were closely related.

The furniture was a glistening emerald. Everything seemed green in here.
“Its amusing to know that you have some strong Irish blood. Your mother loved her heritage. Your father was Welsh and Irish. Mostly Irish.” Sterling told him.

Harry looked at Sterling, “How do you know all that?”

“Personal Information, Harry. For vaults such as these we need to dig deep into a witch or wizards background, to give them the best service and security possible.”
Harry walked around in awe. Their were shamrock memorabilia and landscapes of the Emerald Isles. It was a beautiful sight to see. It would fit nicely in his bedroom.
If you had to you could live in this vault, you very well could. There was even glistening green carpet underneath him.
“Wow!” Harry said in awe.
“Check the chests and the drawers Harry.” suggested Sterling entering and gazing his eyes around with fascination.
“I have never been in here. I’ve always been told about it and everything it included, but never have I entered.” he said splendidly. “I’ve been in many vaults Harry, but this one is probably the most beautiful and most curious.”

Harry just smiled as he opened up a cherry oak dresser, to see papers stacked neatly. Thumbing through them quickly, he looked over, “My parents owned property?” asked Harry pulling out several deeds.

“As far as I know Harry, your father inherited several properties when your grandparents were murdered.”
Harry frowned, “Voldemort?” he guessed.

The goblin just nodded, if he felt any fright against the name he didn’t show it.

“Figured, that bastard…” Harry whispered, as he thumbed through and picked up the deeds.
One caught his eye, “This was Godric Hollow eh?” he asked.
Sterling came over and took a look, “Yes, it seems so. The house isn’t there but the property is there and still yours.” he told Harry.

“Which means, if I wanted I could build on it right?”

Sterling gave a nod, “Yes Harry, Godric Hollow was a large grove cut between a forest of trees. Very beautiful Harry, very large piece of land.”

“I’m going to have to take a look at this sometime.” he said. picking up deeds to several property owned in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. The buildings were evidently deserted.

He picked up an emerald green wand, he glanced at Sterling for information.

“Aw… it seems you’ve found your Birth Wand. Unscrew the end.” Sterling insisted.

Harry did, and a small roll popped out into his hand. Unrolling it he found out his mothers middle name was Sarah and his fathers was Whitney. His father had been an Auror Apprentice and his mother was a spell creator, she had invented the three useful cleaning charms. Harry’s name which he was happy to point out wasn’t shortened for Harold, Harrison or Harvey. Harry would never live it down.

Harry was mildly amazed to know that his mother had been given the Order of Merlin 3rd Class, for her invention of the Scourgify Charm.

Putting everything up he went to the next drawer, he seen a bunch of old baby clothes. They were still in perfect shape.
Harry was a bit put off knowing he had been that size at one point. Never ever giving it that thought, and then it hit him as he picked up a one piece blue booty outfit. He was having one this size! A baby, his baby. And for someone so young, he couldn’t help but grin. He’d be able to do things with his child that no one ever did with him. It gave him a sense of pride to know this. If he had a boy he was going to come back and take some of them for keepsake.
The next one was a bit of a kicker, there wasn’t anything in it but one piece of jewelry. It was of a brilliant green eye, that dazzled.
Picking it up he gave it a better look. He turned to Sterling who shook his head, “I have no idea Harry.”
Shrugging Harry clipped it around his neck, and tucked it in his black tank top.

Moving to the next it was much bigger than the previous and what ever it was caught his eye. It was a black wooden box, sealed all around with gold plates. Harry pulled it out and felt a warm sensation run through his hands, as he moved it on top of the dresser. It was beautiful to the eye, he tried to open it but found he couldn’t. He then seen a small ancient rune inscription. He looked at Sterling, for help.
“Let me see!” He said, as Harry lowered it.
“Hold me dear, hold me near, never take for granted that I may be feared.. Open me with your heart when the time I shall part the power I hold is said to be of paradox, open me but take heed of Pandora’s Tale of Curious and greed.”: Sterling recited.
A frown fluttered onto his mouth, “I got the powerful part, and that it should be handled with care…” Harry trailed off, thinking deeply.
Sterling thought about it a moment, “It means, that you should carry this with you at all times, and that you can open this when the time comes but not until then, you must keep this safe. In the wrong hands… who knows what will happen.”
Harry just looked at Sterling who shrugged, “That’s what I got out of it

. “Parker never took Ancient Runes so, I never got the pleasure of learning it.” He commented. “I know you’re right.” he added.

“How would I carry this with me?” asked Harry looking at the box, with interest.

He moved it all around up and down and underneath it with curiosity.

As if the box sensed its question, it gave a violent jolt, shrank, and melted into a gold ring.
Harry smiled, “Thanks!” He murmured to no one in particular as he slipped it on his middle finger.

Sterling looked quite curious. Harry was with him on that.

“We are to keep this quiet right?” asked Harry.
Sterling looked up sternly, “Harry, you know better. You know us Goblins do not interfere and do not give away confidential information. I don’t care if you were torturing someone down here, what is said and done down here remains private.”

Harry nodded, “Sorry Sterling. Had to ask.” He admitted.
Sterling nodded, “I don’t quite blame you Harry.” he didn’t seem insulted.

Harry looked around and went through the glass cabinets to look at all the daggers and such. They varied, and Harry picked up a simple dagger with a light blue jewel at the end of it. He had throwing knives in his boot. He always had them. But another dagger couldn’t hurt. Walking over he peered over at a portrait that stood out among the others. The man inside it looked identical to him even the long hair. All except the man had thick rimmed glasses, like the ones they wore a very long time ago. He was snoring. Harry read the name, “Richard Harrison Potter, born 1768 died 1899. Wow! He lived a long time.” he murmured.

“Your family is quite old Harry. Look over there at the curtain, you’ll find your ancestors date back to the early B.C. era.” Sterling told him.

Harry mildly amazed stood and walked over, and lifted the soft green curtain and gazed at the red cursive stitching. He was at the bottom and working its way up was his father, mother, grandparents, great grandparents and so on.
He was vaguely insulted at being distantly related to Dumbledore. His Great aunt married one of Dumbledore’s sons. He blanched when he seen a Snape on there. A Karen Snape. But he was also aware of a lot of muggle surnames on here. His family was humongous. They branched out and his father had three siblings. He was the only boy however. But the generations before his father was pretty wide. In one family where a Jarred and Katharine Potter married and had five boys. He wondered if any of them were alive. He would bet they were but so distant that branched out that he would never have the chance of meeting them.

He was aware of marrying into the Hufflepuff family and Ravenclaw. But, it was all by marriage. Nothing pureblooded.

Harry had spent over two hours in his family vault. I think that’s all for now Sterling. Thank you for coming with me.”
Sterling smiled, “Of course Harry. No problem.” he said, locking it back. Harry activated the bubble the second he stepped away from the vault.
Harry had a lot to think about as he played with the ring on his middle finger…

The first of September, Harry was a bag of nerves yet again.
Candy had stayed all night and was going to take him to Kings Cross.

Harry had all ready packed, and as he stood and looked himself in the mirror, he sighed harshly and groaned, “I can’t be that nervous!”

“Why not? Can’t you be nervous?” asked Candy.
Harry shrugged, “I never get nervous.”
Candy smirked, “I can see that you don’t. But, you’re going to Hogwarts, You won’t be on your turf anymore.”
Harry grunted, “Got that right. I’m having doubts.”
“Harry.” Candy crossed her arms, “Go! You need it.”

Harry shrugged, and turned, “You have everything right?” he asked.
She smiled, “Yes, I do! Lily is in the car in her carrying basket. She wasn’t to thrilled on being forced into it.”
“I don’t blame her. I know how it feels to be caged.” He said using his brush to pull back his hair in a low band.

“Are you trying to look as imposing as you can?” teased Candy, seeing his outfit.
Black leather pants, his black belt that had the silver studs, and black leather boots, and he was wearing a simple black t shirt tucked in loosely. His tattoo could be shown every so often, when ever he raised up his arms or moved in a certain way. He had a leather cord around his neck, and the cross earring was replaced by a dragon earring, which had a stunning curse absorbed into the soft metal.

Harry smirked, “No! It’s just I like these pants and don’t wear them often.”
She laughed, “They are nice!” She admitted.
Harry rolled his eyes, but smirked as he slipped in his magical contacts, and winced at the sting. He had gotten quite use to it but it still stung.

The mixed smell of Calvin Klein cologne and cigarettes lingered on Harry as he slipped on his black leather jacket.

Grabbing his wallet, chain, and keys he took one last look around.

“Got everything you need?” she asked.
Harry nodded cumbersomely, and walked out into the cool newly September weather. His face and actions betraying the emotions and nerves he felt inside.

Kings Cross was packed to the brim with people walking in all different directions.
Kissing Candy g’bye, he strolled over to Platform 9 and 10 and looked dully at the solid barrier.
“I swear to Merlin if you were bluffing Dumbledore, I’ll kill you.” He whispered under his breath as he moved casually and nonchalantly slid through the barrier between the platforms.
Harry released a sigh of relief, when his face didn’t smash into anything.
Scar covered by his thick black hair, he strolled over, to see the brilliant scarlet steam engine. Children shouted their bye’s and some parents sobbed.
Harry hoisted his trunk and cat basket off the trolly got up onto the train and after about ten minutes of looking he found an empty seat in the back. Sliding the trunk up into the overhead compartment, he released Lily who meowed and purred with delight at being let loose.

Harry bent down and peered out the window to see different families. Harry glanced over with narrowed eyes to see Tonks standing by the platform her eyes gazing around. Her hair was a sandy blonde and her eyes were the color of Candys. Harry’s eyes narrowed, and wondered if she was trying to imitate her, to throw him off.

Taking his seat he propped his feet up as Lily bounded up into his lap, and curled herself up. Harry ran a hand over her fur as he pulled out a book, and stuck his nose in it, and waited for the train to move.

The moment the train took off, his compartment opened and a girl with long brown curls, and tender cocoa eyes.
Harry paid no mind to her as his face stayed in the book, “Excuse me!” said the voice.
Harry pulled the book down, “Yes?”
She looked puzzled, “I’ve never seen you before.”

“Likewise.” said Harry simply.

She stepped in all ready wearing her robes. She had a silver prefect badge clipped to her breast pocket robe.

“Do you go here?” asked the girl looking around and back at him.

“Now I do, why? Is it a prefects duty to bother those who aren’t doing magic?”

She was puzzled, and opened her mouth to say something, when the door opened, “Everything OK in here Mione! No trouble?” asked a red haired boy with to many freckles to count. He was tall and lanky. But Harry was taller.

The girl scowled, “Say my name right Ronald. No, I was just talking.” she snapped.

‘Ronald’ took one look at Harry and all ready made up his mind about the charcoal haired teen.
“Who are you?” he asked, with a smug face.
Harry who had put the book back in his face lowered the book and eyed the boy.
“I am me.” said Harry, he knew he would get either a rise or a huff.
“And who are YOU.” said Ron in a slow voice, as if he was a child.
“I am what I want to be. Who are you?” asked Harry, politely.
The brunette sighed, “Listen, we’re just being nice and cordial. You could at least give us your name.” said the girl.
“What’s your name first?” asked Harry.

“Hermione Granger.” she said, timidly.

“Hmm… pretty name.” He said, as she gushed in the cheeks.
Ron rolled his eyes, “Look man who are you? Are you even allowed on the train? You don’t even look like our age!”

“I’m fifteen.” said Harry, his eyes lingering on Hermione who had her head bowed ever so slightly.

Ron gaped his mouth open, “You are not!” he then said indignantly.
Harry laughed, “Yeah, I am. The names Harry by the way, Harry Potter, and if you spread it around the train I will hex both of you.” said Harry simply.
Ron’s mouth did more than gape, and Hermione’s eyes widen, as she looked about faint.
“Harry?” Her eyes unlike Ron’s didn’t flicker up to his scar.
Ron did however, “Show us!” He demanded.
Harry scowled at him, “I don’t have to show you anything.” said Harry firmly.

“Wow! I seen you in the papers, but… I didn’t know you were going here. You were gone for so long.” she told him.

Harry nodded, “I would have preferred to stay gone, had the damn Headmaster hadn’t dragged me.”
Hermione’s eyes shot up in surprise at the way he addressed the Headmaster.
Ron just stared at him with a piercing gaze.

“Uh… where have you been?”
“Here and there.” the boy shrugged his shoulders.
“Oh, uh wow. Well, we’re going to go. Just make sure you don’t use magic on the train. It’s not allowed.” she turned and pushed Harry out the door, who was still staring at him as the shorter girl pushed him away.

Harry scowled and sat down and placed the book back in his face. Hermione, was all right, that red head, though their was something seriously wrong with him.

About halfway through the train ride, Harry was half asleep, when the door to his compartment opened and two red heads poked their heads in. “Perfect! He’ll never know!” whispered one.
“Think its wise! He looks new.” said the other.
“Oh yeah! We’ll be gone before he wakes. He’ll have no idea.”
“Well then! My great brother! Take the lead.” said the other voice.

Harry grabbed the hand out of nowhere, his eyes still closed at the boy who had his wand raised, “I really really would advise not to do that.” said Harry in a slow voice.
His eyes opened, to stare back at double the red and freckles.

“Oh no! I’m not showing you my scar.” He grumbled.
The twins looked at each other, “Oh! Your Potter right?” asked one with a smile.
“Yes, we’ve heard of you!” said one

“It must have been our ickle Ronnikens.” said the other.
Harry snorted, and let go of them. He immediately took to liking them.

“Ickle Ronnikens ey? Thanks for the information.”
They grinned and sat down one on each side, “George Weasley at your service!” said the one on his right.
“Fred Weasley! We’re…”
“The most obnoxious Mischief makers, since the Marauders!” they said at the same time.

They stood and bowed, causing Harry to crack up laughing. He chuckled and clapped his hands with a shake of his head.
“So you think you can beat my dad and godfather in the mischief pranking biz eh?” Harry teased crossing his arms.
Their mouths gaped open like fish. Harry chuckled, “I have no worms sorry!” He said opening his hands.
They closed them and looked at each other, “You mean to say!” said George.
“That your father!” said Fred.
“And godfather!” George pointed out with a grin on his silly face.

“Is the mischief Marauders that we respect so highly?” the twins said flawlessly at the same time.
Harry just laughed, “Yes! James ‘Prongs’ Potter! Sirius ‘Padfoot’ Black, Remus ‘Moony’ Lupin… and…” Harry scowled, “The last isn’t worth mentioning.”

Their eyes shot up in surprise, “THE Lupin? As in Werewolf and professor?” inquired Fred.
“You mean the one who howls late at night on a full moon?” asked George with a grin.

Harry couldn’t stop laughing at these two, they were some characters.

“That would be the one.” said Harry, crossing his arms at the boys face.
“Wow!” they said dreamily.

Harry just smirked, “So you boys think you can out do my father? Tsk tsk. I’d be careful when you do.”

They gaped at him, “What are you saying?” asked Fred standing and putting his hands on his hips.

“Are you saying that we can’t outdo them?” asked George.
“Let me tell you something Mr. Prongs Jr.” teased Fred, with a point at Harry who just watched them amusingly.

“The Marauder may have built the foundation! But we are building the castle to pranking!” said George standing next to his brother, raising his chin in the air.

Harry just quirked an eyebrow upward, “Yeah, but just because you guys are MAKING the castle doesn’t mean you can shake it.” a devious grin spread across Harry’s handsome face.
The twins had enough experience to know when a challenge was being promoted.
“We! Messrs Fred and George Weasley!”

“Except your challenge, and pray that you don’t run out screaming in embarrassment.” said the other Weasley as they bowed in unison.
Harry laughed lightly and clapped his hands, “Excellent guys. That was frigging awesome! No one has EVER impressed me that quickly.”
The twins beamed, and stood up right, “That’s right! That’s right!” they said, with their chins in the air.

“I’ll need to get my own little posse, and when I do, we’ll set terms…” suggested Harry.
The twins grinned, “We’ll give you!” “Two weeks!” said George.

“To gather your posse together.” “Then we’ll talk over rules and boundaries.” “And then begin! Our terror on the school at large.”
Harry just smiled, “You do that boys! We’ll see who shakes the foundation of that school.”

They just smiled, “Well we’re off good fellow!” said the other doing a very dramatic bow.
The other followed suit, “To hunt unsuspecting students, to test our abilities!” Fred grinned, and winked, before the two stepped out of the compartment together.
Harry laughed and shook his head as he looked down at Lily who just meowed up at him.

“I think I’ll have fun.” murmured Harry with a quirky smile.

The rest of the train ride was uneventful, Harry seen a blond boy pass but thought nothing of it.
As the darkness tumbled over the land outside the moving train, Harry got up to change into his robes. They were traditionally black till he was sorted.

With no shirt on Harry, tied his own belt instead of the traditional black belt. He wasn’t going anywhere without his potions. Who knew when you needed one?
The door opened, and a girl yelped, in surprise. Harry stared up at a blazing red faced girl as she stared struck at Harry’s chest. “Can I Help you?” asked Harry, simply.
Her mouth opened, “Uh… I’m sorry!” she gasped, swallowing her breath as she stared at his chest a bit faint.
“It’s all right! Haven’t you seen a guys chest?” he teased, with a smirk.
Her face flamed up, “Uh… well..” she turned, to run but Harry stopped her.

“Wait!” said Harry, as she turned and looked up at him, her eyes wide, “I.. I uh…”

“What’s your name?” he asked. “Hannah.” she said, quietly.
“Hannah Abbotte.” Her face flushed, as she looked the other way. Her honey blonde hair was curled ever so slightly.
She wasn’t very skinny, or thin for that matter. She had curves and her face was chubby and round. Her dark blue eyes looked embarrassed, and the flush in her cheeks was most attractive. The robes she was wearing had the Hufflepuff emblem on it, and the black robes showed that she had more curves than most girls her age. She was a bit chubby in the middle, and she had bigger thighs. She was your average girl. The one that all the girls would look down upon because of her size.

He smiled, “Nice to meet you Hannah! Wait a moment, and let me slide this on.” He said, feeling he shouldn’t be rude or impolite.

Hannah turned her face away, and fidgeted. “Could you please close the door?” he asked.

She nodded and did, as he tucked his white t shirt, and then the vest. He grumbled with the black tie. “Gods these things are so medieval.” he mumbled.
She gave a giggle as she watched him struggle with the tie. She diverted her eyes from his but she was giggling at the way he kept moving it around making it even worse than ever.
“Here! Let me!” said Hannah after a moments pause.

Harry let go and allowed her too. “What’s your name?” she asked, working her magic on his tie.

“Harry Potter.” he said quietly.
Startled, she stopped fumbling with his tie, “Oh! Uh… Nice to meet you.” she reframed from staring up at his scar as she went back to his tie. “Where have you been?” she asked curiously.

“Here and there.” he told her. He laughed, “Actually, I lived in the muggle world.” She smiled, “I’m half and half! Mumma is the muggle.” she said, “I live in Kent.”
“London! The southern side.” he told her.
“Live by yourself?” she asked.
“Yes, always have.”
“Oh, everyone thought you were dead.” she said, moving away now that she fixed his tie.
He smiled, “Thanks!” He said touching it and sitting down. She smiled at the kitten and as soon as she sat down, Lily padded over and licked her hand affectionately.

“I’m glad they did. I didn’t want to be seen or known.” He told her.
Hannah smiled, “I guess, I can understand that. I wouldn’t want all that fame either. Then again no one ever gets recognition in Hufflepuff.” she said, finally looking up at him.

She had gotten over her immediate shyness, and Harry was glad. He was happy to note that through out the conversation she did not once look up at his scar.
The doors opened and two others came in, a short brunette girl with brown eyes, and a boy who was taller with black hair and a long thin face.
“Hannah! There you are! We wondered where you were!” said the girl with a smile.
Hannah smiled, “I was talking to my new friend!” she got up and closed the door. “Guys! This is Harry! Harry this is Suzan Bones my best friend, and my other best friend Justin Finch Fletchley!” she said smiling brightly.

“Hi!” They said at the same time.
Harry smiled, “Hello! Hannah was just telling me about Hogwarts. It’s my fifth year but first year here.”
“Oh wow! We’ve never had a transfer.” said Suzan sitting down interestedly.

Harry smiled, “Well, I’m not a transfer persay. I was taught magic by a close friend.”
Justin scratched his head, “Hmm… I’m muggle-born. I had no idea I was wizard till I got my letter.”

“My auntie is a part of the Ministry! Wizengamot.” said Suzan.
Harry looked at her, “Amelia Bones?” he asked.
Suzan smiled, “Yes! You know my aunt?”

Harry smiled, “Yes, nice woman she is.” he said, honestly.

It was about fifteen minutes before they got to Hogsmeade Station, and the four of them were getting along quite well. Harry found them really amusing and nice to talk too.
Harry learned a lot from the group.
“What house do you think you’ll get into?” asked Justin.
Harry thought about this, “It varies. I think its between Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.” He admitted. “As loyal and hardworking as I am… Hufflepuff doesn’t fit in with my personality.” he admitted.
“Slytherin? Are you serious?” asked Justin a bit weak.

Harry sighed, “Look, not all Slytherin’s are terrible people. Every house has its traitor. When I ran away from my relatives at five years old, a Slytherin Wizard took me in. He took care of me, fed me, and taught me everything I knew about the wizarding world. He was a good guy despite what others would say. There are a lot of dark wizards in Slytherin I’ll grant you that, but there are your good ones, and I’m not evil, I may have a dark side, but that’s only because I’ve had to raise myself in the means I had.” He told them.
They were stunned into silence, when Hannah said, “No matter what house your in, I’ll be friends with you! We’re Hufflepuffs! We shouldn’t judge.”

Justin thought about that and nodded, Suzan had all ready made up her mind with a smile. “That’s true! We’re sorry.” he said honestly.

“That’s OK. It’s not your fault really. It’s what you’ve heard. For instance Peter Petigrew came from Gryffindor..”

“Oh yeah!” said Suzan. “My auntie is the one who helped get Sirius Black free.”
“He’s my godfather.” said Harry.

“Wow! That’s cool.” said Justin.

The doors opened and the blond boy poked his head in with a sneer, “I heard Harry Potter was in this compartment.”
Justin and Suzan looked at each other and at Harry whose eyes narrowed, “Yeah I’m here what do you want and who are you?” asked Harry simply.
The boy stepped in, and smirked, “Names Malfoy! Draco Malfoy.” he sneered at the others around him as he held out his hand.
Harry just looked at his hand, “Just because I have your name doesn’t mean I’m going to shake your hand. I don’t know you and you don’t know me. Until then, keep your germs to yourself.” He insisted with distaste.
The boy moved his hand away and crossed his arms, “Where’ve you been?” he asked.
Harry furrowed his eyebrows, “Why should I tell you?” asked Harry.
“I just asked!” said Malfoy.

Harry cocked his head to the side, “Right.”
“What are you doing talking to THESE puffs?” asked Malfoy with disdain.
Harry stood and crossed his arms, “I’ll talk to whoever I please, and you will keep your mouth to yourself about my friends.” He said, dangerously.

Malfoy looked affronted, “Fine! See ya Potter.”
“Not if I can help it.” muttered Harry as the door closed.
Suzan, Justin, and Hannah looked at Harry, “Thanks!” they said in unison. “They like to bother us!” said Suzan.
“We know how to defend ourselves, and we really don’t care what others think of us! We like them underestimating us.” said Hannah.

Justin smiled, “That’s right. We know we can wipe the floor with Malfoy if we tried.”

Harry laughed lightly, really enjoying their company. He then told them about the Weasley twins and the challenge, that they had set up.

“Hey whichever house you get into, we’ll still have fun, you’re one of us now.”

The train slowed to a stop and Harry felt a lurch in his chest. It was time…

Stepping off of the platform, Harry felt the wind swish through his black hair, he heard a gruff voice call for first years.
Harry stalked over to the large giant with a scraggily beard, “Excuse me, where do I go?” asked Harry.
The man looked down, “Blimey I ‘ave no idea!” he told Harry.
“I’m not a first year but I’m to be storted, I’m fifth.”
“Well then! Yeh get into the boat.” He instructed.

Harry shrugged, and did as he was told when a three little scared girls clambered in.
“You can’t be a first year.” said one. Harry laughed, “No, I’m a fifth.” He told them.
“Oh! You new then!” said one.
Harry nodded, “What’s your name?” he asked, one of the girls.
“Jessica! This is Mindy! We met on the train!” said the red haired girl with pigtails.
The girl with a pug nose and brown hair grinned, “Yeah we hope we’re in the same house. It’ll be sad if we’re not.” said Mindy with a sigh.

Harry held in a gasp as he looked at the gorgeous castle in the distance. All the first years were in awe, and their eyes glowing. Harry’s dazzled underneath his dark hair. He stared around him when their was a soft dip from the sea. Harry looked over and thought he saw a black tentacle pop up and squirt water.

Harry had to really duck unlike the first years, to keep from knocking himself out on the overpass.
Harry was so nervous that he tuned out McGonagall and her silly speech. He wasn’t a first year so he didn’t listen. She felt his eyes on him but did not look up at the stern woman.
When Harry entered through the double doors he felt a sickening sensation. He hated attention, more than anything.
But his eyes were drawn upwards where all the kids were gasping in awe, and with good reason. The night sky that was the ceiling was absolutely spectacular.
Harry felt eyes on him and narrowed them as he came down to see several pairs. Mostly the teachers. Diverting his attention, he stopped in front of the hat with the kids. He was so tall he stuck out.
Just as the sorting hat was about to open its brim to sing Dumbledore took the notion to stand up.
“Before we begin with the first year sorting. I would like to go ahead and sort the new fifth year. Please give a warm welcome to Harry Potter.” It was instant madness. Gasps, whispers, and even a couple faints was all the Great Hall could hear.
Harry groaned inwardly and bowed his head, as two of the girls he had been in a boat with gasped up at him in awe. Harry groaned, and shook his head.

“Hey! Its OK!” Jessica took one hand as Mindy took the other. Harry just smiled weakly, and murmured to himself, “I hate attention.”
“Mr. Potter!”

Harry sighed, and let go of the little girls and walked up to the black sorting hat. His heart pounding as he lifted it and slid onto the stool and slipped the hat on and closed his eyes. His heart thumped and ached.
“Well! I never thought I’d see you Potter. You’re much older but your education is outstanding. No, you didn’t go to any school at all. You were home tutored, and by Zabini by no other.” Whispered the hat silkily in his ear.

Harry kept his eyes closed, “Yes, he was a good teacher.”
“Yes, Parker Zabini was particularly difficult to place, but never have I ever seen a head as full as yours Potter. Very interesting indeed. Mmm… you have so many qualities… you are a cunning and sneaky, yet your personality and intellect is far above your age. Oh yes, and your courage and love for friends and others that are looked down upon in society. You are an enigma Potter.” he said into Harry’s ear.
“Yes, well find me a house where everyone will be shocked from the floor up! I’m here to change a few things.”
The hat snickered, and shook upon his head, when its tip turned to Dumbledore and said allowed, “Are you sure you can’t make a house with EVERY quality! This is getting ridiculous Dumbledore!” he said, causing a startle from people.
Dumbledore’s beard twitched, “I have NEVER had a problem with sorting a student!” He went silent and went back into Harry’s head.
“You have to draw even more attention don’t you! You little shit?” Harry questioned in his mind.
A snicker came from the old rugged hat.

“Well fuckin sort me!” Harry hissed. “Put me in a place so unexpected! A house is a house, and I have every quality. Everyone has qualities some just more than others.” Harry told him.

“Hufflepuff!” Was the final announcement.

………………………………... Heheheh (Grins and dances happily) Trust me! I didn’t expect myself do that!




A.N. All Author Notes at The bottom! Everything has been included. If you want your answers read the bottom! Now lets get on with it! Sorry for the cliffy! I just had to do it.

Chapter Nine: What is a Hufflepuff?

Hufflepuff stood and cheered so loudly, Harry thought his eardrums were going to be nonexistent by the time it was all over. Harry slowly stood, and whispered, “Are you sure about this hat?” he asked.

The sly voice snickered, “Oh yes, very sure.”

The houses were stunned into pure silence. A look of shock was on everyone’s face. Harry just smirked.

“G… G.. Go on Mr. Potter.” croaked McGonagall weekly.

Harry stood quietly and walked casually over to the largest house in Hogwarts.

A smile flickered on his face as he was greeted, with a clamor of claps and smiles.

“That was the longest and most shocking sorting, I have ever witnessed.” said Justin, smiling.

Susan hugged Harry and Hannah hesitated for a split second before getting a hug out of Harry.

It took a lot for Hufflepuff to finally calm down.
Harry took a seat next to Justin and a chubby boy he did not know.
His hair was curly and his eyes were wide and his mouth was gaping open.
“W… W.. welcome to H.. Hufflepuff.” he coughed and smiled, “I’m Ernie Macmillion! Prefect!” he said proudly puffing out his chest so Harry could see the silver badge.

“Nice to meet you!” stated Harry.
Once the hall was quiet the hat opened its brim once again.

“I’m not entirely sure that was the best decision. You’ve done a fine thing Dumbledore.” said the hat dryly.

The hall stared up at the hat with curiosity. No one had ever heard the sorting hat speak its mind.

“This sorting business is starting to get quite ridiculous. Potter is a perfect example of this. You divide everyone, away from one another. This isn’t the way to go about things.”

Everyone’s eyes moved from the hat to Harry, who cursed, “Damn hat!”

McGonagall was flabbergasted, she was loosely holding the roll of names staring at the hat unsure of what to do.

“Being divided is what makes you weak. The simple minded purebloods believe everything is pure and should not be tainted by what they believe unworthy! Courage, loyalty, intelligence, and ambition is in all of us.
“Slytherin is no more evil than Hufflepuff is. Gryffindors are no better than Ravenclaw. Being labeled is what put our world in jeopardy in the first place.

‘Muggles are important to our society, whether you want to believe it or not. If we don’t spread ourselves we’ll all die out eventually.. While the population of us grow from 5 million to 10 million, known witches and wizards.. The number of muggles exceeds far more in population than you can imagine.

’One day our magic will be tried for treason and one day every pureblood wizard who deem others unworthy shall fear the wrath of those who believe in everyone. This is a warning. It’s your own fault that evil in this world is flourishing so fast. I can only hope that one day you shall come together, join hands and realize you’re all the same. Potter, has qualities from every house. I have never in my years of life as a hat ever sorted a wizard with more characteristics than Potter. Hufflepuff was just one of the four houses he could have been in.” The hat suddenly went silent, leaving the clinking of china and coughs of students.
The ring in the hall was quite large. No one could seem to figure out what to say or do. Even the Weasley twins were just staring at the hat not moving a muscle. Dumbledore was stroking his beard.

“Whose first?” said the hat suddenly, causing others to jump.

“Er… Euan Abercrombie:” McGonagall said breaking the stunned silence.
“What was that all about?” whispered Justin.

Harry shrugged, “I guess, I confused the hat.” Harry offered. He didn’t even know. He felt singled out. Did the hat really have a hard time sorting him? Harry’s last prediction wasn’t Hufflepuff. He thought if anything Gryffindor would have fit him. But Hufflepuff? Harry then had to wonder if the hat had a reason. If there was more to Hufflepuff than its soft exterior. Which ever it was Harry was going find out.

Susan smiled, “I’m glad you got in!” she whispered across the table.
Hannah nodded, just as the little girl Mindy, was sorted into Hufflepuff. Harry cheered along with the rest of the Hufflepuffs, as the little girl bounded over. She beamed at Harry before taking her seat next to a little boy who had been sorted.

The red haired girl got sorted into Ravenclaw, and Mindy looked down a bit sad.

The sorting ended with Wilson Eric, who was welcomed to Gryffindor.

After the last of the cheers, Professor Dumbledore stood, and the whole hall went silent.
“I have a couple announcements before we start with our brilliant and delectable feast. First note, that the Forbidden Forest is just that… forbidden. Prefects you will meet in the Prefect Chamber where the Head Boy and Girl will be to give out instructions for your patrols and duties. The restrictions and rules are much tighter this year. We are delving deeper into a time of war and caution. Please be careful, watch yourself, learn, and remember guidance and help is always here at Hogwarts when you need and ask. Let the feast begin.” with a clap of his hands the plates filled to the brim with delicious food.

Harry turned around to see eyes on him, almost every Hufflepuff was looking at him.
“Maybe now you can change something.” said one of the girls her eyes glittering. She wasn’t the prettiest, as a matter of fact, she looked as if her nose was off center. Her hair was a frizzy brown, and pulled up in a ponytail, and her face was round and pudgy.
“Change something?” asked Harry, curiously.
“What Eloise is trying to say, is that Hufflepuff is a running joke.” said Hannah with a sigh.

“Why?” asked Harry. “I guess its cause of the name, and the only notable Hufflepuff is Cedric..” There was a long pause after that name.
Harry tapped his mouth, “Cedric, Cedric… I’ve heard that name.”
“He’s dead.” said Susan quietly. “He was killed last year, when You Know Who came back.”

Then it clicked in Harry’s mind, “Oh!” his green eyes wide, “I see, yes now I know! Someone close to me told me about Moody being attacked and replaced by a Deatheater, and that they turned the Tri Wizard Cup into a port-key.”

“It wasn’t very graphic in the paper. I guess the Ministry is trying to keep it hush hush.” said a boy who just piped in.

His hair was folded over his ears, and his eyes were as dark as olives. He was a thin peaky boy.

“Name?” asked Harry. “Zacharias Smith.” he said simply.

Harry nodded, “I don’t listen to the Ministry. That’s not where I got my information from.” Harry helped himself to some mashed potatoes, when he felt eyes boring into the back of his head.
Harry glanced straight ahead at Hannah who was right across from him.

“What’s wrong?” asked Hannah.

“Look over at the teachers table. Tell me if anyone’s staring at me.”

Hannah glanced over, and back again, and took her pumpkin juice. “Headmaster and McGonagall.”

Harry’s eyes narrowed, “He’s pissed.” whispered Harry.

“Huh?” asked Justin.
Harry shook his head, “Nothing!” said Harry waving his hand and going back to his food.

The food soon vanished from the table and Dumbledore stood once again. Harry by this time was starting to feel quite tired. He glanced up to hear what the old man had to say.

“After the terrible incident last year, I am pleased to welcome two teachers to our staff. Your defense classes will be doubled to make up for the lack of. Professor R. J. Lupin has decided to resume his post as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. As such he’ll be here this Friday.”
There were claps and whistles, as several people really liked him. Harry would have clapped along with them, but he had to play dumb.

“Also the other Defense Teacher has not made his appearance…” the doors at that moment opened at that moment, and Harry smirked, as he seen his mentor and tutor stroll in his all his glory.

“Professor Parker Zabini.” said Dumbledore.
Harry just shook his head, “That little bastard!” Harry whispered, and started clapping.
The Hufflepuffs were less adamant but seeing Harry clapping they of course joined in. The Slytherins were clapping loud as well, knowing that Zabini was a Slytherin. The Ravenclaws did, but most of the Gryffindors stayed planted in their seats with scowls on their faces.

“Harry! Do you know him?” asked Ernie, wondering why he was clapping.
“Yes!” Harry said smiling. “He taught me everything I know.” he admitted, as Parker turned and winked at Harry before nodded,

“Thank you Albus! I really didn’t need that big of an entrance. I simply got caught up!” he said, handing Dumbledore a set of files.

Harry knew Parker had taken it upon himself to make sure he stayed safe.
When Dumbledore dismissed everyone, Harry clambered out from behind the benches, and smiled, “Will someone wait for me?” he asked. “I have no idea where I’m going to go!” He admitted.
“I’ll stay!” said Susan. “I’m a prefect, and I know the password.” she said, warmly.

“Thanks!” He said, as Justin came over, “I’ll wait too!”

Hannah didn’t want to be left out, besides, she met him first, “We’ll all wait! We’re friends.” she grinned, and stood beside him.
Harry just laughed at Ernie’s stunned face, and strolled up to the teachers table not looking at anyone but Parker who smirked and leaned his head back.
“Well well well look what the cat drug in.” Teased Harry placing his hands on the table.
“Hufflepuff Potter! What the fuck did I teach you?” whispered Parker, but all the teachers caught it.
“There’s nothing wrong with it!” Harry winked, and Parker nodded, they were sharing a silent conversation as they talked.

Harry then went serious, “What about your Inn?” asked Harry concerned.
Parker waved his hand, “It’s all right! Its under construction anyway. I decided to take a year or two off.”

Harry shook his head, ‘Oh!” he moved, “These are my friends, Susan Bones, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and Hannah Abbott. We met on the train.”
Parker nodded, in respect, “Harry, I’ll see you later.” he winked, at Harry who nodded.
“See ya Parker.” he turned to the Hufflepuffs. “Someone ready to show me the common room?” he asked.

Harry was shown the way to the Hufflepuff Common Room. It was on the bottom floor concealed behind a large human size stone. Hannah touched the stone and it slid out of the way. Harry had to duck while walking through, and as he did he stopped at a large room, where nothing but portraits were moving around in their friends sniggering to one of them.
“To get into Hufflepuff Common Room you have to choose the right portrait. It changes every semester to a different portrait.” Susan told him.

“Interesting!” said Harry, as he stared at the portrait.

“But before you can say the password, for the first semester you have to answer a riddle to get the right portrait. Don’t worry, you only have to do it once, until next semester.” Justin told him.

“I was never very good at riddles.” said Hannah.

“Where’s the riddle?” asked Harry.

“Over there on the wall!” pointed Justin.

Harry walked over and took a look at the scroll on the wall.

I cannot be felt, seen or touched

Yet, I can be found in everybody;

My existence is always in debate,

Yet, I have my own style of music.

What am I?


Justin groaned, “If a first year got this, I’m going to be humiliated.”

Harry smiled, and thought about it, “Soul!” Harry said, out of nowhere.

The portraits did a wild jump and a beautiful curly haired woman was in the middle, “Password?” she asked, in a giddy angelic voice.
The group stared gaping at Harry who shrugged, “Parker made me think outside the box.”
“Erm… Dragon Hide.” said Susan, the portrait flipped forward, and Harry was the first to glide through.

The room was interesting to say the least. The colors were bright, and the couches were all purple and the pillows were yellow with badgers on them. The fireplace glowed and a large Hufflepuff symbol was above it. Book cases lined the walls with all sorts of reading material.
“This is the Hufflepuff Common Room! Girls! We’ll be back! Harry follow me!” Justin showed Harry up the steps and into the standard room. “Aw… you’re by the bathroom.” said Justin with a smile. “You’re also by me.”

Zacharias and Ernie came over with a smile, “Welcome to the room Harry! You know, now that you’re here we’ll probably get a lot of recognition.” Ernie told him.

“We were very surprised you got in.” said Zacharias.
Harry shrugged, “What’s wrong with being loyal?” asked Harry, turning and walking out with Justin.

“Nothing! I think its just the name. Plus, we haven’t won the house cup in fifty years or more.”
Harry arched an eyebrow, “Man, whose won it?”
“It’s went back and forth for years. Slytherin to Gryffindor, back to Slytherin.”

“Looks like those two dominate this school.” commented Harry.
“Got that right! We hardly have any chance! Even the Ravenclaws get irritated. Everyone’s so biased. Ravenclaws are the only ones that look at us with respect. The others don’t care. Even Gryffindor, as nice as they are to us, they treat us as if we were little kids, as if we can’t defend ourselves.”
They got back to the common room to see everyone sitting around. They all turned to see Harry, and it went silent.
“Did you fill him in?” asked a seventh year boy walking over.
Justin nodded, “Yes, I told him as much as I could think of. About how Slytherin and Gryffindor dominate.”
“Great! The names Tobey Niles! It’s my last year at Hufflepuff and I got pushed aside for Head Boy, by the Gryffindor seventh year.” said Tobey scowling. “I swear I know I did better than him!”

Harry frowned at the brown haired man, “I’m sorry, about that. I hope we can change things around here.” said Harry biting his lip, great picking up Candy’s habit.
“That’s why you’re here! We know it!” said a girl walking up with a smile.
She was gorgeous, her hair was strawberry color, and it tumbled in locks down her back. Her eyes were a light brown and her face was lightly tanned. She had a cute thin body, and was wearing a prefect badge.

“I’m Kiara Keiser, by the way! Our house is quite united. We stick together no matter what. That’s why we are the largest, in the school. We accept everyone flaws and weakness are prized here. It’s what makes you who you are. We aren’t all wholesome, we are all different. Some are courageous, some are more intelligent than your average Ravenclaw, and some are even more ambitious than a Slytherin.” she glanced over at Tobey who bowed his head with a smile.

“But we all have one thing in common. We really try our hardest not to judge, and take people for granted. I guess that’s why our name is so watered down, so looked down upon. We have no definite trait. It’s said that loyal and hardworking are our traits, but that’s not really the case. The badger is a warm creature who works hard and makes no serious judgments. That’s what we are. We get a long for the most part. We fight and quarrel but when it comes to standing together, that’s one thing we have over these houses.”

Harry couldn’t help but smile, the whole room was giving their undivided attention to what was being said.

“The best example of someone with a lot of courage would have to be Cedric Diggory. He died going up against You Know Who. His body was brought by via port-key. We are still vague about the whole story.” said Ernie sitting on the edge of a chair.

“We are surprised that you got in. We thought for sure Gryffindor would take you.” said Tobey.
Harry laughed, “Actually, I thought Slytherin.” he admitted.
“But, when the sorting hat, made that statement at dinner, it all made sense.” said Kiara. “The sorting hat knows what its talking about. Each of the four founders place their personality, wisdom and brains in that hat.”
“He’s also cute!” giggled a girl in the back.
Harry looked down when he heard a lot of murmuring, ’yes,’ and the guys rolled their eyes.

Kiara smiled and flicked her hair, “Harry, we need your help. It has come to our attention that we need to be recognized. For the sake of Helga Hufflepuff and our world we need to be recognized and known.”
“And we need your help.” said Tobey. “We’re not above asking for it.”

“We’re not so proud that we can’t ask someone for help. We knew when you were sorted into the house, that you were going to change things. We could tell by the way you look! The way you act. You aren’t the average stereotyping qualities. Wholesome, pure, and overly nice. From the rumors we heard from the train you sounded kind of rude! Especially to the two star Gryffindors.” Kiara pointed out.
Harry smirked, “Talking about the red head and brown haired prefects?”
They nodded, “They pretty much run this school! And on the opposite spectrum, is Malfoy and his cronies.” Kiara informed.
Harry really hadn’t expected this type of outcome or welcome into Hufflepuff. He hadn’t expected to get into this house, but now that he was he was seeing a lot of things. He was finding out new things on the first night. He had a lot to think about.

Harry walked over and sat down next to Hannah, “What is the status of the teachers?” asked Harry.

“Snape is a treacherous little twit!” said Kiara. “He favors his house and loathes the others. He’s not near as terrible to the Ravenclaws as he is to the Gryffindors. He pays no mind to us and thinks we are stupid and underrated. He thinks Hufflepuff shouldn’t even BE a house.” said Kiara with fire in her eyes.

“McGonagall… she’s a weird one.” said Tobey taking the stage. “She’s a fair woman. But she ignores us.”
“What do you mean ignores you?” asked Harry.

“She pretends as if we aren’t there when we’re in the hall. The only one who is even remotely fair to us is Flitwick, the Ravenclaw Head of House, and our own Head of House, Professor Sprout.”

Kiara nodded and added, “Binns isn’t much to yack about, and Professor Lupin was always very nice to us. Treated us really well. Hagrid, the Care of Magical Creatures Teacher is pretty fair toward us as well.”

Harry was glad he got off on the right foot with the Hufflepuffs, but he had no idea what they wanted him to do. I guess they wanted him to show them that not all Hufflepuffs are pushovers and that they are more diverse than any of the houses. Harry had a feeling that was why the sorting hat placed him here.
In all honesty, Harry was the most diverse, he befriended goblins, werewolves, vampires, and elves, as easily as normal witches and wizards. He had a lot of the magical beasts and creatures on his side. Some were outside in the Forbidden Forest at the very moment watching over him making sure he was safe.
He wasn’t going to do any of this for Dumbledore. In all retrospect he didn’t want to be here, but now that he was here, it was time he take over and do things his way.

The common room portrait opened again and Professor Sprout entered a short chubby woman with curls and a kind paternal face.
“Harry dear! The Headmaster wants to see you. You must pick your classes electives.” said Professor Sprout with a smile.
She seemed overjoyed with the thought of Harry in her house.

Harry nodded, and stood, “See ya guys!”
“Do you know how to get back?” asked Justin standing.
“I’ll figure it out.” said Harry smiling, knowing he had the map in his robes.

Professor Sprout smiled, and touched Harry’s arm in a motherly way, “C’mon dear! It won’t take long.” she said, not being able to touch his shoulders.

He was much too tall. Harry had a feeling the Headmaster wanted to talk to him about more than just his schedule. He would soon find out exactly what the old man wanted. Harry knew he was banking on his ‘weapon’ to be in Gryffindor so he could keep a watch on him and dig his clutches deep into Harry’s affairs. The Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall, was a blind follower of the crooked nosed headmaster, and would do anything and everything he said without even considering the consequences or how another might feel. She simply felt that if Dumbledore thought it was best, then it was. That type of loyalty was the same thing when it came to Voldemort and his followers.

Dumbledore made be fighting for the light, but he’s using the power to his advantage to manipulate people to do his bidding. Like Tonks, Kingsley, Alastor Moody, and McGonagall. Snape, he wasn’t sure about him. He took Parkers words to heart. That man had no ties. He could go either way.

It was then that Harry got to the stone gargoyle. Professor Sprout smiled brightly, “Fizzbee Whizzbee!” (sp?) The gargoyle lept aside.

Harry sighed, and stepped onto it. “I’ll see you later Harry!” called Professor Sprout.
Harry nodded, and all too soon he was facing the black door. “C’mon in Harry.” called Dumbledore’s joyous voice.
Harry scowled from behind the door and entered the large round office.

“Yes Headmaster.” Harry knew, he had to be cordial and polite now, that was until the man started talking about topics that was not Hogwarts or school related.

He beamed, and his eyes twinkled as he sat behind his desk straight up.
Harry gazed his eyes around and they fell on the Headmasters and Headmistresses inside their frames. Most snoozing some talking to their neighbors.

Harry smiled when he seen the gorgeous crimson and gold phoenix.

“Wow!” said Harry walking over.

The phoenix raised its head and let out a quivering note that sent Harry’s mind into pure bliss.
Stroking the phoenix it moved from its gold perched and perched on Harry’s shoulder.
Dumbledore arched an eyebrow upwards in mild surprise, “Fawkes, seems to really like you Harry.” He told, him.

“He’s an amazing creature!”
“Yes, do you know about Phoenixes?” asked Dumbledore.
“Yes, I studied them.” he turned, “What can I Do for you Headmaster?”
“Aw.. Yes. You have a set of electives you may take.” He told him. “Theres Muggle Studies, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures.”

“I’ve had enough experience with muggles, seeing as I lived as one. I know Arithmancy pretty fairly, I think I could keep up. Ancient Runes would be an art I’d really like to learn, and Care of Magical Creatures sounds interesting. So the those three?” he suggested.
Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled merrily, and Harry held in the urge to snap at him for it. ‘What was he twinkling about? Was Dumbledore that confident that Harry was going to be easy to manipulate and move onto the chess board? He really couldn’t be. He must think that since he was a Hufflepuff, it would be simple.’ Harry snorted on the inside, and thought to himself, ‘We’ll see you stereotypical old man.’

“I think we could arrange that. And since you are at a beginners level in Ancient Runes, I can have Professor Lupin tutor you three times a week. He’s rather gifted in the Ancient Runes.”
Harry bit back a smile, as he thought about the pleasant werewolf. “All right Headmaster!” Harry said, backing up.

Fawkes was still on his shoulder, and it felt good. He was now rubbing his head against Harry’s cheek and making cooing noises.
Harry stroked it, pleasantly, as Dumbledore watched serenely for a moment before adjusting his glasses, “I also wanted to ask you about the terms we agreed on.”
Harry turned his head, “And what about it?”
“I don’t think I can allow you to leave. It wouldn’t be right of me.”
Harry’s face turned the color of stone, “Professor we agreed. I have a few personal matters to tend too. Things that can’t be ignored or forgotten about because of Hogwarts. If you don’t give me permission, I’ll simply do it anyway.” Headmaster Dumbledore frowned, “Harry, that would result in expulsion.”
Harry just grinned, “You’re not going to expel me. You wouldn’t. I could torture the hell out of everyone here, and you wouldn’t expel me. I know you wouldn’t. You tried like hell to get me here and under no circumstances are you going to expel me. Think of what Mr. Fudge would say?”

Dumbledore gave a resigned sigh, “Mr. Potter, you really want to go to these lengths?”
“I want my freedom Headmaster. I’ve all ready gave you my letter to Hogsmeade giving permission by my ‘legal’ guardian Sirius. But that’s as far as I’m going when it comes to legality. You promised me that I could leave when I needed too. I won’t miss classes, and my grades will stay up. If you want you could have Parker Zabini or anyone of your teachers accompany me.” He offered, Harry felt a soft tickling sensation and snarled angrily.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you Professor! Get your nose out of my mind.” Harry snapped.
Dumbledore looking quite shocked, got out quickly. Harry’s eyes blazed, “If you want me to cooperate, then you best stay out of my thoughts.

“My apologies Harry. I was just trying to understand you is all.” said Professor Dumbledore, pretending to feel bad.
Harry knew better. The green-eyed boy was all ready aware of Dumbledore’s game, but this game was going to be played by a different set of rules.

Harry also didn’t mention that if it wasn’t Parker or Remus, that he was going to sneak off from them by either stunning and putting them to sleep or just memory modifying them. They weren’t going to find out about Candy if he could help it. He knew it was a matter of time, but Harry wanted to keep that secret for now.

Dumbledore could hardly deny his accusations, and gave a nod, “I will allow you to leave Hogwarts as long as you are accompanied by a member of the staff.”
“Good, if that is all. I’ll be going now.” Fawkes looked almost sad that Harry was leaving.
“I’ll see you again boy!” said Harry stroking the gorgeous bird. It chirruped, and flew up and back to its post and watched Harry intently moving its swan like head back and forth.

“Harry, are you all right with being Hufflepuff?” asked Dumbledore.
Harry smiled, “It’s the perfect House Headmaster. G’night.” He turned, and walked out, not giving the Headmaster another chance to speak his fragile little mind.

Harry pulled out the blue map and allowed it to guide him back to the Hufflepuff Common Room. He seen all the names of people and noticed that Snape was in the dungeon part, he seemed to be pacing back and forth. Something struck him as odd as he did. The dot in front of Snape was Draco Malfoy. Harry wondered what they must be saying. He didn’t dare go down there, he knew that the Slytherins would have detection charms. But that just made his mind go into overtime. Surely, they were only student and teacher. Did they know each other outside of school? Harry thought about this as he touched the stone and then a memory flashed into his mind. When Harry was in the Spiny Serpent a man named Lucius Malfoy was talking to Parker in a quiet conversation at the bar. Lucius Malfoy, that must be Draco Malfoy’s father. They looked identical.
“Dragon Hide.”

Harry had to remember to talk to Parker tomorrow about it.

Author Notes:

Darak- Thank you! Sorry about the typos in my stories. I really do try to re-read my stuff before posting. Forgive thee author.

Jill: Sorry Jill, I know a lot of people are asking WHY for Hufflepuff. I hope I answered it in the chapter. I hope I can convince you and others that Hufflepuff was a good choice.

Syvixxe: Thank you! Harry is cunning, my answers to why have been answered, I hope. If you have anymore feel free to drop me a line. I didn’t get your whole email address if you want email me at yahoo foxieroxiesmiles you know all about the (at) symbol.

Imaginaryfriend101- Thank you! I honestly had no idea I was going to do that. I really honestly didn’t. I actually had Ravenclaw ready for him and then I did more studying into the houses on a bunch of different websites, and chose Hufflepuff out of nowhere.

Vindex- I’m not THAT mean am I? (Grins innocently)

O.o( ) There will be an interaction with Ron and Hermione. Its too good not to pass up. But, I never said they’d get along well.

Katy-ster687-I’m not going to leave anything amiss. I promise.

Goddess of Black roses: I was researching the houses. I think Hufflepuff (cause of its name.) Is very underestimated. Harry’s personality is so diverse that just one type quality house won’t do.

Virginia Riddle Malfoy: I’m sorry. But your reason is what I want the other students and teachers to believe! When you underestimate the boy who lived simply cause of his house qualities, what happens?

Joe: No! Harry/Hermione is NOT going to be a ship. There may be a little flirting and insinuations and maybe even a little something something, but nothing is serious. I want to press on Ron’s little temper a bit. (Too much fun to play with.)

Nonjon: I’ve never done slash. But, I don’t think THIS Harry would fit with it. I may try my hand at slash after this. The reason I changed screen names, is because the stories I wrote overwhelmed me and I completely ended up with a thick brick wall. Bad idea to start loads of stories. You get confused and overloaded. So I’m doing ONE at a time now. Btw, I didn’t get your whole email.

Black Rose: Thank you

Shadow: Sorry about the mistakes! I really try to read and double read my stuff. I don’t do it intentionally. I miss a lot of stuff occasionally.

Mintapotter: Don’t worry! This won’t go soft. Promise. Maybe I can persuade you.
Signeous. Lmao! I love it! Its on paper right now! (winks)

Uten: No no! Lily is Harry’s cat! Remember? Sirius bought it for him for his birthday. Sorry if I confused you.

((OK tell me everyone how well do you like Candy?))




Thank you for the reviews. I spect one bad few out of 194 isn’t so terrible is it?

Yes, I know I need to develop the characters. I’ve taken my time with this chapter, and the chapters coming. I have a lot of complaints about grammar, so I will try my hardest, to get the kinks out before posting. If my story wasn’t so controversial to some people, I’d ask my teacher to take a look at it. But… I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Oh and BTW, I don’t know all the characters in Hufflepuff especially older years, so I’m going to have a good time inventing! Mainly for Quidditch and such…

I also wanted to say something about Ron, in my belief, between all the books I’ve read, I see him as the Gryffindor equivalent of Malfoy. He’s arrogant and spiteful, but not over blood.

I wanted to answer a comment real quick, about Candy being a bit childish. ’I made her that way for a specific reason. Can anyone guess what T.V. show I adopted the childish teen personality from? First person who gets it, I’ll give away a secret about what’s to happen in the story.’

:Btw here is the Hufflepuff students, some of them hadn’t been officially placed so I placed them on my own..

Ernie Macmillion Hannah Abbott

Zacharias Smith Susan Bones

Justin Finch-Fletchley Sally Ann Perks

Harry Potter Eloise Midgeon

Chapter Ten: Questionable Theories

The candles flickered ominously on the stone wall. A man in black and a white mask entered the room and stared back at his master. He bowed low and kissed the hem of the Dark Lords robes.
“I suspect you have news for me?” asked Voldemort, his eyes lingering on the white mask.

“Yes, Master. Potter was placed in Hufflepuff.”

Voldemort’s eyes shot up in surprise, “Hufflepuff? Potter? My supposed downfall?” the wizard snorted, “You’re joking right?”

The man shook his head, “No master, I am not. The sorting took quite a long time.”

Speechless was just one of the many things that the Dark Lord was at the moment.

“You got watch on him don’t you?” he asked, suddenly.

The Deatheater nodded, “Yes Master, we didn’t pull up unless you said something.” “Good, keep watch. Get one of the new recruits to befriend him.” He ordered.
The Deatheater bent low and nodded, “Yes Master, all will be done accordingly.”
“I have to wonder if the old man told Potter the prophecy yet or not. I have to know before I make a move.”

“I will find out.”
“Good go on.” He ordered waving his hand.

When the Deatheater left, the Dark lord stared into the fire, “What are you trying to pull Potter?”

Wide awake Harry splashed his face with water, and stared up at himself, the nervous part was over, now it was just the fact of shaking this castle the way it should be.

After a quick shower, he dressed in his new uniform. Pulling his black hair back, he snagged both wands. The one he used all the time was in his wand holster on his forearm and the other was in its wand holster on his thigh. Buckling his belt, Justin staggered in looking as if he had been ran over by a bunch of Hippogriphs.

“How the heck can you be so.. Awake.” grumbled Justin falling into the stall and closing the door.
Harry snorted, “I just am.” he said as Ernie staggered in behind him and soon the rest of the group. Zacharias just nodded yawning widely.

“Wait for me!” murmured Justin, flipping on the taps.
“I’ll be in the common room!” said Harry grabbing his wallet and chain.

When Harry made it downstairs he seen Susan and Hannah talking to one another.

“Hey Harry! Is Justin still up there?” asked Susan with a smile.
Hannah smiled, “He’s always late. We had a bet that he was in the shower right at this moment.”
Harry laughed, “Yeah he’s in the shower. Nearly fell into the shower.”
Susan smiled, “That’s Justin. What electives did you choose?” she asked.

“Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and Care Of Magical Creatures.” he told them.
“Oh wow! I got Divination and Muggle studies.”

Hannah piped in, “I got Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures!”

Justin came down his hair soaking wet. “Dry your hair Justin!” insisted Susan.
“Huh? Oh right! Thanks for that! I forgot.” He smiled cheekily and pointed his wand at himself.

“Let’s go! I’m starved.” insisted Harry.

As Harry and his new friends made their way toward the Great Hall, he heard whispers from other houses. “There he is!” “Oh wow he’s hot.” “Did you see his scar?” Were some of the many things said.
It took Harry biting his tongue to keep from hexing them into giant slugs.
Hannah, Susan, and Justin could tell Harry wasn’t very happy with the whispering and tried to keep him in as good of a mood as they could.
Harry was happy that they were going out of their way to make him feel better.

They entered the Great Hall, to hear the early morning quirks. Complaints about school being to early and their classes being boring, some kids ran out of the hall half dressed with toast in their mouths. Others were talking and chatting with one another. The first years were still staring struck up at the gorgeous ceiling in absolute awe.

As Harry got to Hufflepuff table he was approached by the same blond boy as yesterday.
Harry cut him off, “If you really want to start something, we can do it when the teachers aren’t watching. Until then keep your peaky little nose to yourself.” he growled.

Malfoy just sneered, “I wasn’t going to say anything! You don’t’ belong in Hufflepuff!”
Harry arched an eyebrow, “And why is that?”

“You just don’t!” said Malfoy sourly.

“Well that’s for me to decide not you! Now go away so I can eat.” Harry turned away from the blonde who took offense to being cut off. Malfoy stormed off, causing Justin to snort, “A bit of a baby wouldn’t you say?”
“Bit? I thought he was the biggest whiny arse.” Ernie piped in. He had just appeared, his hair was still frazzled but otherwise he was awake.

“That was wicked the way you handled him! You didn’t give him any chance to speak.” said Susan proudly.

“Why would I?” questioned Harry, taking two pieces of toast, butter, and cinnamon off the table.

Professor Sprout wondered over with everyone’s schedules. “Here are your schedule dears. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!” she said in a jolly like voice.

Harry took the schedule and gazed at it, “Charms, Potions, Arithmancy, and Defense Against the Dark Arts today.” he said with a smile.

“I have the same except Muggle Studies in place of Arithmancy.” said Susan.

“I didn’t take Arithmancy. I took Divination, and Care of Magical Creatures..” said Justin.
“I’m taking Care of Magical Creatures.” said Harry with a smile.

“Great! We have that Thursday. Hagrid’s not really the best!” Justin whispered.
Susan smiled, “I heard Hagrid was leaving though. Going on vacation or something.”

Harry frowned, “Vacation? During school? Why didn’t he go during summer?”
“Who knows!” Hannah shrugged.

Finishing off his breakfast Harry stood, “I’m going to get my books! Someone coming with?”

His new friends jumped up, just finishing their meals.

Charms was the first class of the day and it was with the Gryffindors.

Zacharias and Ernie were walking with Harry and his new friends. Zacharias was talking about Quidditch.

“I’ve flown a few times.” admitted Harry. “It’s fun.”
“You’ll have to try out!” said Zacharias.
“We don’t have a captain this year.” said Justin with a wince.
Ernie nodded, “It’s going to be difficult. We’ve always been smashed by Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.” he said dully.

Hannah nodded, “It’s kind of sad. I became a Chaser in third year. I suspect that Daniel Doge will get Captain. He’s the sixth year Keeper. Pretty good too. The only reason Gryffindor wins so much is because of their seeker, Ginny Weasley. Slytherin wins by playing quite nasty.”

“What about Ravenclaw?” “Their seeker is Cho Chang. A real beauty.” said Justin with a grin.
Susan scowled, “Shut up!”

Hannah laughed, “She’s pretty good! Roger Davies is the captain.”

“What about Slytherin’s seeker and captain?” asked Harry.
Hannah snorted, “The one the only Malfoy.”
Harry glanced at them, “He’s the captain? Are you bloody serious? He’s too arrogant.”

“That’s what we think. But they only win because of dirty tactics.” Zacharias put in.

“I’m gonna try out for beater!” said Ernie.

“You know, Harry. You ought to talk to Daniel see if you can try out for either Seeker or Beater position.” Susan suggested.

“He’s too big for seeker.” commented Zacharias.

Susan turned her face toward Harry and rolled her eyes “Well then Chaser.”

Harry laughed, “I don’t know. Maybe.”
“It doesn’t hurt to try out!” said Ernie. “We could really use you. Maybe as a reserve if anything.”

Charms class was all ready filled with the Gryffindors. They had evidently been the last ones to arrive.

“Aww… there’s the last of the Hufflepuffs! Have a seat!” Flitwick squeaked pleasantly.

Harry moved down the rows and took a seat next to a chubby Gryffindor. Her sandy brown hair fell loosely around her shoulders, and her eyes were green but not as bright and vivid as Harry’s. They seemed to have a mix of blue and green giving her the pale look. Her skin looked as if she’d been using a Tanning Potion. She was quit curvaceously plump. She wasn’t unattractive quite the contrary.
“Hi!” she said her eyes sparkling. She positively glowed when Harry nodded to her.

As Harry listened to Flitwick address he class, he felt eyes on him. This happened a lot lately. Cocking his head to the right he seen the red haired Gryffindor Prefect who was named ‘Ronald’ looking at him but as soon as Harry locked eyes with the boy he turned away quickly. The brunette on his right that Harry knew as Hermione hissed to him and shook her head before turning her attention back to Flitwick.

Flitwick’s class was quite easy, they were suppose to learn charm for lifting and carrying items, as well as the silencing charm.

Harry all ready knew both of those. Parker had drilled it all in his head. The Slytherin had started with the most useful charms instead of the easiest charms to do.

Harry made his ink bottle race around the desk in a matter of moments. It wasn’t before long Hermione Granger got it, and the Ron was scowling at her and every time he looked at Harry his eyes would narrow either with anger or jealousy.
Justin proposed the latter. “He’s always like that! I tried talking to Hermione last year about a Transfiguration paper.” whispered Justin, “He got all jerky with me to the point where I just walked away telling Hermione to forget it.”

Harry rolled his eyes, “His brothers seem all right.”
“They are!” said Susan hearing the conversation. “They’re hilarious, always up for making you smile.”
“Unless you are on the receiving end of their joke.” said Hannah sourly. “I was! My hair was green for five days.” she shook her head, as Harry snorted with amusement.
Susan smiled but gave her friend a sympathetic look as Justin sighed, “I got pinked!”: he told Harry who laughed, “Yeah well, I’ve issued a challenge with the Weasley twins.”
Their eyes widen, “You said something about that on the train. Are you serious?” asked Susan.

“Yeah, but I need help.” He looked at his three friends.

“Help? You mean, US pull pranks?” asked Justin a smile on his face.
“Yeah, c’mon! It won’t be dangerous. Just harmless fun.”
Susan smiled, “I’d love too!”

“Mr. Potter! Would you kindly demonstrate to me the Locomotor Charm?”

Harry nodded, “Sure, give me an object.” said Harry simply.
A quill was placed on his desk, apparently Flitwick thought that was all he was capable of doing.
“Locomotor quill!” The wand directed at the quill it moved and Harry moved it around the desk with ease.

“Well done Mr. Potter! Five Points to Hufflepuff.” he said excitedly.
“Now try this.” He insisted placing a stuffed animal down.
Cotton? Charming a cotton was simple. It was a soft fabric that didn’t need as much as force as something heavy. Did this dwarf think he was a novice?

“Locomotor animal!” Harry said cumbersomely. As easily as the quill it raced around.

“Excellent Mr. Potter. Five points to Hufflepuff, I trust once you’ve practice you could so something more heavy.”
“I can all ready do it.” retorted Harry, feeling insulted.
Professor Flitwick stopped, and glanced at Harry, “Oh really? Would you kindly demonstrate then?” he asked, squeakily.

Harry thought the dwarf was a fair dwarf, Apparently not.

“Sure!” Harry raised his wand arm and pointed it at the desk behind Flitwick, metal and wood combined made for a difficult race. “Locomotor desk!” Harry hissed. The desk gave a jolt and out of nowhere it whizzed to one end of the room and back again.

Harry noticed Ron looking sulky in the corner and Hermione’s mouth was open.
“Where did you learn that?” asked Hermione out of nowhere.
Harry shrugged, “Here and there.”

Flitwick looking impressed smiled brightly, “Ten points to Hufflepuff for that excellent performance.” he said giddily. “Miss Granger! Would you kindly take a stab at it?”
The brunette stood with confidence her chin in the air, and pointed her wand at the desk. “Locomotor desk!.”

The desk gave a jolt and slowly slid across the room. Harry could tell Hermione was putting a lot of energy into it for as soon as it got halfway across the room she let go breathing heavily. She sat down exhausted. “Very good Miss Granger! It is difficult. You must practice with the smaller things that way you don’t over exhaust yourself! Five points to Gryffindor.”

Flitwick went over the last few years of Charms. Harry had all ready mastered these. Starting magic at a very young age gave you an advantage.

Harry found out through Parker that the reason the Ministry doesn’t want children handling wands or doing magic is because the younger they do magic with a wand the more powerful one would become, that was why generally a lot of purebloods became powerful, for the simple fact they grew up around it and their parents or sisters and brothers can teach it to them before Hogwarts. Harry touched his first wand at five years old, al most six. Which would be why Harry’s strength with his wand and magic was so steady.

From what Harry read out of the boring History books he was fed at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for a whole month, it sounded to Harry that the Ministry was so frightened and arrogant at being showed up by a simple child that they put serious restrictions against it. It wasn’t for the protection of the children and muggles. It was protection against their pride. Parker had always been anti-government, ever since he could remember. Parker had even spoken out against the Ministry at several rallies and gatherings. Harry accompanied him several times to these and they were quite interesting.

By the end of class they ended up with homework, for those who couldn’t cast the locomotor charm they had homework. It was Wednesday and it was suppose to be accomplished by next class, which was on Tuesday.

As Harry walked out with his friends, Hermione and Ron stopped him, “How the hell is it you know magic when you’ve never had schooling?” demanded Ron.

Harry turned and tilted his head, “Why the fuck should I tell you?” asked Harry his green eyes staring dangerously at the red head.
“Because! Its not logical! You’ve never had schooling!” piped in Hermione.
“Doesn’t mean he doesn’t know magic!” snapped Hannah.
“Oh an by the way if you’re so smart you shouldn’t start sentences with because! Bad grammar.” Harry said ever so politely.
Hermione glared at him, as Ron scowled, “What would you know! You’re just a Hufflepuff! The cast off house!” Ron shot.
Justin jumped toward him but Harry and Ernie both held him back. Hannah and Susan were holding Zacharias who was fuming.
“C’mon, guys! They’re not worth it. We have Potions.” said Harry turning.
“What’s wrong! You a puffin’ chicken?” called Ron.

Harry kept walking, and his friends followed.
“:Harry! Why didn’t you kick his arse! You know you could have!” said Justin, his ears flaming red.
“Don’t you get it Justin! He’s just doing it to get a rise out of you. We’ll show him up! In all due time.” Harry smiled and continued on his way toward the Dungeons where the Ravenclaws were all standing and waiting.

“He hardly ever says anything to us.” said Zacharias. “But when he does.” he scowled deeply.

“Drop it guys! You know you’re better! You don’t need to prove it by getting detention.” Harry pointed out.

“There are other ways to punctured a guys ego! Believe me, I know.”

The Ravenclaws nodded in respect to the Hufflepuffs. They weren’t in the talkative mood because of the teacher they were about to face.

The dungeon doors banged open, “Enter you lot.” growled Snape dangerously.

As far back as possible Harry sat. “Hurry up! Sit down!” he growled, and the dungeon doors slammed shut. Only the lit fire, was the only source of light in the dark gloomy dungeon.

“This is the most important year, and if you screw up its your heads not mine.” Growled Snape.

Harry just sat there listening to the man drone on. He could tell that the other two females in Hufflepuff, Eloise Midgeon and Sally Ann Perks, were looking a bit frightened and unsure.

Zacharias was just looking nasty at the Potions Master, while the others stayed expressionless.

Snape waved his wand and the blackboard appeared with very untidy scribbles, it was small too. Harry focused his magical lens in on it, when he faintly heard, “Pair up! Get to work.” he ordered.

Justin and Harry immediately paired up as Hannah and Susan paired up.

“I can’t even see that.” whispered Justin.
“Half a cup of gillyweed, one-third pint of knotgrass…” Harry read off the ingredients as Justin scribbled them down.
“Just ignore him when ever he comes near.” whispered Harry.
Justin gave him a weak look, as he nodded. Harry focused in on the potion, he had never done this particular potion but he was a pretty fair potion maker. Harry vaguely listened to the growls, and sneers he was giving Ernie and Zacharias. It was taking Zacharias’ strength not to deck the sullen teacher. Ernie was a little more calm than the peaky boy.

Snape glided over and glanced over Harry’s shoulder, “Better than I expected.” He said slowly.

Harry’s head jerked up at the sudden compliment, he stared up at Snape who just arched a dark eyebrow before walking away.

Justin’s mouth was gaping open. Harry glanced at Justin who was speechless. “Close your mouth.” Hissed Harry.
Snapping it shut he cleared his throat, “Er… give me the er…” “Wildflower stems?” suggested Harry handing him a half a cup.

“Yes.”

Harry couldn’t help but wondering what the hell was going on, with the Potions Master. He was sure from the stories and information from Parker and Sirius that Snape hated anything Potter. The queer personality of the Slytherin Head of House boggled Harry through the whole class.
Even Susan and Hannah were looking at Harry questionably. Harry shrugged on shoulder, “No idea.” He mouthed.
“When you are done!” Snape spoke finally. “You will bottle the samples and place them up here.” He ordered, opening the cabinet.

Harry took the bottled potion and placed it in the back after labeling their name on it.
“I’m surprised Potter.” said Snape not looking up. His eyes were on the student planner.

Harry stared at the Potions Master, “Surprised at what?”
“That you don’t play into the Headmasters hands.” he said in a low voice, that only Harry could hear.

Harry’s eyebrows moved upwards, “Right.” Walking back he sat down and waited to be dismissed.
“Two foot of parchment! That man is mad!” said Zacharias as they got back to the main floor.

“Mad? Are you just realizing it?” asked Ernie, “Two foot! He’s an absolute ding bat.”

“What was up with him being nice to you Harry?” asked Susan.
“I have no idea.” Harry said honestly. “From what I heard he hated Potters.”

“What do we have?” asked Justin digging around for his schedule.
“Grr! We got Divination!” said Justin. “I don’t!” said Harry. “I’ve got Arithmancy.”

“I got Muggle Studies.” said Susan.

“I’ll see ya at lunch!” said Harry.

“Wait! Do you know your way?” asked Hannah concerned.
“Yeah! Don’t worry.” He winked and strolled off.

Harry got to the Arithmancy class and strolled in, to see a beautiful female teacher. Her eyes were a crystal gray and her face was round and her hair was a dark black down her shoulders and in a bunch of braids. She looked quite young. And instead of wizard robes, she was wearing normal muggle clothes. A cute black dress with a white middle. Her chest was nicely shaped, and her curves fit well in that dress.

Harry was happy that he was the first to enter. She looked up, “Good morning Mr. Potter! My names Madam Gibson. Take a seat.” she said, with a smile on her face.
“Thank you miss.” he said, strolling to the front and sitting directly in front of her desk, where she was perched. Harry got a nice look at her legs.

“Do you know much about Arithmancy?” she asked.

Harry grinned, “I know enough miss.” moving in his chair, he could hardly stop his eyes from traveling over her.

She smiled, “Good, that way I don’t have to start from scratch.”

Harry could resist, “You look quite young for a teacher. No offense to your education miss.” he said, with a smile.
Madam Gibson looked mildly surprised, and laughed genially, “None taken Mr. Potter. I am quite young. Professor Vector is teaching the younger ones, while I teach fifth year and up. I was his intern for two years.”

Harry smiled, “I see, I bet you’re well educated.” He said, as Hermione entered the room. Her mouth gaped open slightly hearing Harry address their teacher.

Madam Gibson laughed softly, and tilted her head, “Thank you Mr. Potter. G’morning Miss Granger, how was your summer?” she asked, pleasantly.

Harry saw the tint of redness in her cheeks, and smiled, she wasn’t as modest as she seemed. He thought to himself.

As everyone piled in, Hermione took the seat next to him. But he didn’t speak to her.
Madam Gibson soon jumped off the desk, and Harry got an eyeful, and smiled to himself, as her eyes passed him and around the rest of the class, “G’morning everyone. Welcome to Arithmancy 5! First off, I’ll take roll call and then we’ll review what we’ve learned so far.”

(A.N. I know nothing about Arithmancy. I think its about Greek numbers. So, I’m just going to skim over it.)

After the roll call, they were given packets. Harry skimmed through the first few pages realizing he had this same thing two years ago from Parker. Things must never change. He thought to himself. Unless! Harry smirked, Madam Gibson was seeing Parker at one time. Harry had to remember to ask.

Class was interesting, well at least the teacher was interesting. Hermione Granger, though she was a knut a dozen. She wouldn’t stop challenging him. Every time he got an answer right, she would scramble to answer the next.
Harry figured if he ever got her in bed, she’d try to dominate him. A smile stretched his face, ‘He wouldn’t argue with that. A dominate female in bed.’ the smirk that was on his face must have caught Madam Gibson’s attention because she asked him a question that wasn’t in the packet. Harry answered it with ease.

“We will soon be pairing off and you will both be working together on a couple projects that I have created for the term.” the bell rang, signaling everyone to get up.

Hermione passed him and stuck her nose up in the air. Harry just rolled his eyes, and bagged his stuff, when Madam Gibson came over.
“Parker has told me a lot about you Harry.” said Madam Gibson.

Harry glanced up, “Did he now? Was it good or bad? I got to know so I can redeem myself.” he teased playfully.

Madam Gibson laughed, “It was all good. Talked about how fast of a learner you were.” she said, leaning against his desk.
Harry’s eyes did some traveling, as he smiled, “Well, Parker was a pretty good teacher, unless you had something to do with that?”

She laughed, “You don’t miss a beat do you Harry? I bet you recognized that packet. Parker said you would. Yes, I helped Parker. He didn’t tell me who though. He just told me he had a special kid who was in need of learning. Parker is a good friend of mine.”

“He picks his friends well.” Harry said with a snarky little smile.
She laughed, “Parker said you were the wild wanderer type.”
Harry scoffed, “I am not!” he defended. “I can’t help it if I find you attractive.” He smiled innocently causing Madam Gibson to go into an array of laughter.

“You shouldn’t be hitting on your teachers! Highly inappropriate!” she chastised wagging her finger. But the blush was on her cheeks and painting them red.

“Aww… shoot! Do I get detention?” he asked, with a fake defeated voice.

She laughed, “No, I think you’d enjoy that too much.”
Harry made a mock face, “No I wouldn’t! Detention would be… excruciating.” He said, smiling cheekily.

“That innocent look doesn’t go well with you.” she insisted.
Harry laughed, “I better go! Got my friends waiting for me. ER… what’s your first name?”

Madam Gibson gave him a playful glare, “Geri.” she told him.

He smiled, “Nice!” He winked, “See ya.” skiving out quickly and toward the Great Hall.

Harry bounded between Justin and Ernie at lunch.

“Hey! Where were you?” asked Justin.
“Talking to the teach.” Harry said, piling his plate.

Hannah and Susan came in talking with one another, “Ooh! I hate that stupid Gryffindor Parvati!” scowled Susan slamming her books down.
Harry looked at her, “What happened?” he noticed Susan’s robes they were filthy.

Hannah scowled, “I wasn’t there till the end! Parvati Patil shoved Susan to the floor and called her a disgraceful little Puff.”

Susan didn’t speak she grabbed the milk with too much force causing it to spill. “Gosh! She lives next to me! She’s ‘always’ done that to me!” Susan scowled.

“They use to be best friends. Before Hogwarts.” Hannah filled in.

Harry listened and frowned before waving his wand to clean the spill.

“Why does she do that?” asked Harry.
“Parvati and Padma Patil are the two girls who think they OWN the school. Just because of their looks.” answered Eloise Midgeon from the far end of the table.
“Padma isn’t half as bad as Parvati, but that airhead takes the cake.” insisted Hannah.

Harry frowned, and looked at Justin who shrugged, “What?”

“Why don’t you guys do anything?” asked Harry curiously.

Justin frowned, “We don’t need detention.” said Justin.

Harry frowned, “You won’t stick up for your friend you mean?” challenged Harry.

Ernie glanced over, “It’s against rules.” said Ernie.
“Rules are made to be bent. Every rule has a loop hole. They are made to be broken! If you really want to show up the other houses you needed to stop avoiding trouble.” Harry stated. “You need to stick up for yourselves and stop ignoring the rest of the world around you. You have to tell them face to face that you are not going to take it! If you don’t they’ll keep on doing it.”

“It’s no big deal.” said Susan, waving a hand. “You get use to it.”
Harry scowled, “You guys are absolutely mad! I’m going to Defense.” the boy with the tail stood and walked out leaving the Hufflepuffs stunned.
“What was that all about? You’d think he was upset because we didn’t hex her!” said Justin.
“I think he is.” said Eloise from afar.

Harry strolled into Parker’s room to see the Slytherin coming out from behind a portrait. He glanced up and smirked, “Hey Harry! How’s your first classes?” he asked.
Harry nodded, “Ok.” Harry slid up onto Parker’s desk and frowned, “I think the sorting hat made a mistake.” he said frowning.

Parker arched an eyebrow and sat behind the desk, “Oh? Why do you say that?”

Harry sighed, “You know how I’m all about force, defense… that sort of thing.”
Parker nodded, “Yes.”

“Well, the Hufflepuffs aren’t like that. They’re so passive. They allow others to walk all over them.”

Parker arched an eyebrow, “Oh what happened?”

Harry huffed and told Parker everything from the way Susan acted to the way they tried to tell him it was all in the rules. He then told him about what the Hufflepuffs did last night and how they acted.
“They say one thing but mean another. I think they’re scared but what’s to be scared of? So you get a few detentions! As long as your point is made. Oh and what is it with Snape being NICE to me?” Harry demanded staring at the Slytehrin who arched a bushy eyebrow upwards, “Nice? What do you mean?”

Harry snorted, “Snape! He didn’t sneer comment or say anything rude at all to me! He was civil. Even sort of half way complimented me.” he pointed out.

Parker laughed, and leaned over, “I think, Harry it has to do with the instructions he was given by either Dumbledore or Voldemort. Most likely Voldemort.”

Harry didn’t understand, “Why would Voldemort want to be nice to me? He wants to kill me….” Harry trailed off and a look of realization hit his face, “Unless…” he looked at Parker who sighed and leaned back, “I think, we have bigger problems, than expected.” said Parker tapping his fingers on the table.
“Why? I’m his enemy! I’m the one who cast his body out! Why would he even think that I’d turn dark like that?”

“Probably because of your lifestyle.” answered Parker. He tapped his fingers and looked at Harry, “We might be able to use this to our advantage. I’m guessing Dumbledore knows but doesn’t want to tell you.” Parker scowled, “Another one of the old man’s exploits!” growled Parker.
“If you hate Dumbledore so much why are you here?” asked Harry.

Parker looked up and rolled his eyes, “If you don’t know, then I’m going to send you straight to detention to write lines, and hopefully then you’ll read between them.” stated Parker in a sarcastic voice.

Harry rolled his eyes, “To protect me.” Harry murmured.

Parker meant it when he said lines. Harry still had an ache in his hand from all the times he did them.

“I’m going to have to contact a few people tonight. Vander should be taking post tonight or tomorrow. If not tonight, I’ll ask his daughter.”
“I can’t see Voldemort rightfully giving up part of his power.”
“He won’t be! If you were to somehow join him and be his ‘right hand man.’ there would be absolutely nothing that could stop you two from tearing this world to pieces. Dumbledore would be hopeless.” said Parker lowly.

Harry scowled, “Don’t even put me in that scenario. I might act like a git and a little thief, but I’m not an evil tyrrant.”

“I know that. You know that. But not even Dumbledore knows that.” said Parker slowly.

Harry blanched, “You mean that senickle old man thinks that I’m going to go evil just because I don’t listen to every word he says?” Harry jumped off the desk.

Parker nodded, “Apparently so, from what I’ve gathered.”

“Gah! I’d like to wrap my fingers around that old man’s throat and….” Parker cleared his throat loudly when people starting entering the classroom.
Harry stopped what he was doing and placed his hands to his side. “Well, you know what I mean.” said Harry slowly.

Parker snorted, “I think I do.”
Harry was mildly surprised that all four houses were gathered in the large room. He looked at Parker, “We do have two teachers! Remember?”

“Oh yeah.” said Harry slowly.

The Hufflepuffs came in and Blaise Zabini entered. Her eyes were the same color as Parker, a light golden brown and her hair was a honey brown. She bounded over, “Uncle Parker!” she said, hugging him happily.

Parker smirked, “Well Miss Blaise! How you doing?” he asked, his niece who nodded, “Good.” she looked at Harry in a weird way before turning back to Parker and smiling, “I can’t believe you’re here! Why?”

Parker smiled, “Aw, because I want to be. That’s all.”

Blaise gave him that look, ‘yeah right.’ before he told her to take her seat.
Harry had his seat at the front with the Hufflepuffs. When the Gryffindors entered, Hermione huffed and stormed to the back. Apparently she had been wanting the front.

When all thirty something students were inside, Parker used his wand to slam the door.
“Mighty large class we got here. I wanted all you together for a reason.” said Parker sliding over the desk and stopping at the end only to sit there.

“Professor Lupin will be here Friday to help me with the class. In the meantime, I would like to talk to you. We don’t have much time, to get you all ready for everything that is out there.” said Parker simply.

“That’s why I’m here. That’s why we have two professors instead of one. Your defense classes are going to be everyday but Tuesday. You’ll also have a three hour class on Saturday.”
A few groans a few curious glances were shot Parker Zabini’s way.

“You must learn to defend yourself! I doubt any of you could cause anyone to bleed with the poor teachers you’ve all had.” he antagonized.
A few scowled at him but Harry was non-plussed. It was true.

“Professor Lupin and I, have gotten together and come up with an idea. A brilliant idea that will test everyone’s skill.” he grinned evilly, causing a few non-slytherins to shift uncomfortably. Harry smirked, they had every reason too.

“If I recall a lunatic in your second year tried to start a dueling club only for it to end in laughs and jokes!” said Parker.
A few nodded, the girls huffed. “That’s what I thought. Well, this year we’re starting that Dueling Club up, but instead of some famous overzealous lunatic running it. It’ll be a Slytherin and a rightful Gryffindor. You’ll have a captain from each team. The way you’ll choose it is a battle between you and your house. For instance, Blaise and Pansy! If they were the last two and Pansy beats Blaise somehow someway, she becomes captain.” A smile slipped on Parker’s face at everyone’s stunned and excited face.

“I think dueling on your own accord is the best education that anyone can give you.” said Parker.

“The dueling will start October 3rd. That’s Saturday. So you have vaguely a month and one day to prepare yourselves. While in class, you will have access to shelves of books. It is your choice to plan and get yourselves ready. If you must know you will be going up against sixth and seventh years. The fourth year and younger will not be competing but simply observing and taking notes.” said Parker with a smile.

“That’s right you will be going up against people that are older than you.”

Blaise raised her hand, “Will their be twelve captains or four?” she asked.

Parker smiled, “Their will be four captains. One to represent each house. Whether it’s a fifth year or a seventh year. The one who prevails becomes the captain. Simple as that.” He looked around, “Anyone have anymore questions?”

“Yeah! When will it start?” asked Malfoy , from the back of the room.

“I just told you, October 3rd!” snapped Parker firmly. “You’ll want to listen to me otherwise I will ignore you or take house points.”

Their was scowls across the Slytherin room, and one mumbled, “Not to your own house.”
Parker snorted, “Try me.” he said dangerously.
Everyone but Harry shifted. Even Blaise shifted in her seat. She had never seen her uncles angry side.

“That’s what I thought.” Parker said lowly.

Parker went around asking each student a question. Sometimes it was about shields other times it was about strategy.

“October 3rd, at one o’ clock, we’ll meet in the Great Hall, and we will begin. We will choose the captains. And then every Saturday 12:30-4:00 every single week we will have our dueling competition. You will be drawn at random. All duels shall be recorded. The points will be follow, one point for a one on one duel. Three points for a two on one duel, six points for a four on one duel. Two points for a two on two duel. So on and so forth. At the end there will be three runner ups and one victor. The prize shall be declared later.”

Hermione raised her hand, “Sir, what are the rules and restrictions?”

Parker smirked, “Don’t kill each other. Barely fine, but don’t over do it.” he insisted, causing a few odd looks through out the room.

“No, I mean, physical fighting is that restricted along with weapons and what not?”

Parker smirked, “When you are in a battle are you going to stop and think…” he put a finger to his mouth like a girl and mocked one, “Oh should I use this or this! No wait this might hurt them…” Parker snorted, “You want too hurt your opponent., not take your time choosing between your wand or a rock.”

“But sir this is just class!” said Hermione weakly.

“Out there isn’t.” said Parker simply. “If I stuck you in a battle right now you wouldn’t stand a chance.”

Hermione’s mouth opened feeling a little ego deflated. “I think I could…” she added hesitantly.

“Oh really? Miss Granger?” he looked down at the paper. “Aw yes… up here then! Wand out.” he instructed.
Her eyes widen, and Ron opened his mouth to protest, “Wait! She had…”
“Five points from Gryffindor for speaking out of turn… er… Mr. Weasley! Miss Granger, up here now.”

Ron’s mouth clamped shut, as Hermione stood up coolly and glided up to the front of the room.
“Now, from what I heard you are quite a capable witch. No?”

Hermione blushed in the cheeks, “Well how about going up against a few of our students! I mean, I don’t like deflating people’s egos! I was told you got top grades in all classes?”
Her cheeks were blazing by now, with humiliation. Harry seen the tactic he was using. ‘Quite clever you little bastard.’ thought Harry to himself. ‘Pumping her head up so far that she’ll lose her concentration.’

“Great! Now, is there anyone who would like to duel Hermione?” he changed names, and grinned while looking around.
No ones hand went up, “Aw, c’mon! I’ll choose someone or let her choose.”
Hermione looked around the class when Pansy Parkinson stood.
Hermione scowled at her as Pansy smirked, “I’ll do it!” she said her wand out.

“Great!” Parker waved his wand at the desk and table it disappeared leaving quite a nice sized platform.

“Up front and center!” as soon as the girls were facing each other with equal loathing looks, Parker ordered them to bow. “BOW!” ordered Parker firmly. “Now, take ten steps backwards and slowly turn around wand up.”

He nodded in approval, “Now on the count of three, and ONLY three you can cast your spells. Nothing illegal, borderline illegal fine, but nothing illegal.” he stated firmly. “One…. Two…. Three!” moving quickly the spells couldn’t have been shot off faster.
Hermione took straight forward attack shooting streams of complex spells so fast that Pansy hardly had any time to errect a shield. Pansy shot a tickling curse but Hermione deflected it easily.
Hermione shot so many streams that eventually Pansy couldn’t put up a shield fast enough and fell to the ground in laughter and dancing feet.

“Accio wand!” shouted Hermione, and Pansy’s wand that was loosely in her hand flew up into the curly brunettes hand.
She smirked with vindiction as Parker Zabini released her.
“Maybe, I underestimated you Hermione.” said Parker with a nod of respect. “Five points to Gryffindor for that wonderful performance.”

Pansy got up humiliation painted all over her face.
“Now, why don’t we take it up a notch.” said Parker with a smile. “Are you willing to go one more?” asked Parker pleasantly.
‘Uh oh!’ thought Harry. Hermione nodded eagerly, “Yes Professor.”

“Great!” his eyes traveled the students and looked at Harry who cocked his head to the side. A half wink was all Parker gave.
“Now, would you mind if I chose someone this time?”

Hermione almost frowned but ego bigger than reason, she agreed.

“Great! Harry? Come up here for me.”

Hermione snorted softly, causing Parker’s eyes to travel over her, as Ron snickered along with the other Gryffindors.
“A Hufflepuff!” Squeaked Parvati with laughter. “Are you serious Professor?”

“Ten points from Gryffindor Miss Patil.” growled Parker angrily.

He was more angry than any of them had seen him. “Parker!” hissed Harry.
Parker cleared his throat, “Miss Granger!” he said curtly.

It was all ready proven that if he said your last name that he had turned against you but if he used your first name it was a good sign.

“Are you ready?” he asked.
“Yes Professor.” she could hardly conceal a smile. He had no actual training. Boy who lived or not. This would be too easy.

Harry faced Hermione and they bowed. It was a bit more elegant than Pansy and Hermione. Ten steps backwards, and turning around Harry’s wand was held loosely in his hand as he waited.
“One… two… three.” Harry didn’t move. Hermione did the usual she started shooting off many spells. Harry just murmured something out from under his breath and a large wall shield was erected in front of him causing the spells to bounce off and back at Hermione who gasped and tumbled out of the way.

“Reducto!” shouted Hermione fiercely. The red light hit the wall and shattered but not without it shooting back.
Harry was ready with a very complexed spell that shot out at Hermione in a bright magenta. The girl had no idea what it was but when she tried to dodge it followed her causing gasps from the room. It wrapped her up like a snake in coils. Harry whispered something to his wand and it obeyed his command lifting the small girl up causing her feet to dangle from the floor. Harry then murmured something else and she started spinning. Shrieking she shot a spell at it but it made it spin faster, and faster. Harry made it spin so fast that when it slowed down she passed out, her face a tinge of green.

Harry summoned her wand, and everone’s mouth was gaping open as Parker clapped, “Excellent! Absolutely brilliant display Harry! I taught you well kid!” He said causing others mouths to fall open.
“What did you do to her?” growled Ron standing angrily.

“Nothing! I just spun her around! She passed out from the force. It’s better than puking.” said Harry simply.

“Ennervate!” Ron revived Hermione who groaned and whimpered, “Oh! Sick. Sick.” she gasped.

Harry snapped off a stud from his belt and it inflated into a potion. He walked over, Ron scowled at him but Harry ignore dhim. “Here Hermione! Take it! Trust me.” said Harry firmly.
Hermione glared at him but could hardly handle the nauseation feeling much longer and took his phial.

“What was that? I have never heard of that!” asked Hermione struggling to her feet and shivering dizzily.

Harry shrugged, “Parker taught it.”
“Who?” asked Hermione.
“Me!” said Professor Zabini.
“Oh!” said Hermione, and then it dawned on her. “He taught you?”

Harry smiled, “Just because some of us don’t have school doesn’t make us weak.” he told her.
Ron was sulking in the corner, and the Hufflepuffs were nearly dancing they were so excited. Ravenclaws were just looking in awe and the Gryffindors were scowling. They hated to be shown up by a Hufflepuff.

“Thank you Harry! Everyone take your seats.” ordered Parker.

Once everyone got back in their seats he started pointing out Hermione’s flaws. The girl went red and tried to defend herself but when Parker pointed out that Harry took her down in less than five minutes, she had no other way of defending her suggestions.

The bell rang, and everyone stood. “Harry! Stay after!” Parker insisted.
Harry nodded, and told his new friends he’d see them later. Hermione was looking curious and quite nosy and Ron was giving Harry glares.

A.N. I wanted to point out a few things before I sign off. The rest of my chapters are going to be quite long and therefore I won’t be able to post every single day or twice a day, like usual. Please forgive me on that. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do about Candy. To let them two be together may mess up my whole idea for the story. You know? Also to answer the question about Harry’s morals, think of him as a bad arse type of modern day robin hood, except no green tights. He steals from the rich and cheats when needed so he can survive, but he does NOT cheat or scheme against people who he respects. Where Harry is from, it takes a lot to win his respect and those who do get rewarded with his kindness but those who don’t… hehe watch out. Thanks for the reviews BTW.




A.N. I want to apologize for the late chapter. My computer crashed and had to be sent in so I got a loner computer. Never fear however, I type all my stuff out and print it before shutting off my computer, but it took me a while to retype everything. So if there is a small glitch forgive thee offer for making a few mistakes.

I will confirm now that I have no intentions on making this a Candy/Harry, it just wouldn’t work well with what I had in mind. I might make this into two parts, a sequel later, I don’t know we’ll see. I’m thinking of Animagus for Harry but I don’t know. What do you think? Give me your advice. Thanks for the reviews! Love them as always.

Chapter Eleven: The Vampire Side of Life

After a long talk with Parker, Harry left and headed back to his common room where he was bombarded with questions on how well he knew their defense teacher.

I just do! OK? said Harry simply. "Don't worry yourself with that."
Harry had a lot to think about that night as he undressed. All the boys were in the room doing different things.
"Whoa! Harry, where did you get that tattoo?" asked Ernie coming up off the bed to get a good look at Harry's back.

Harry had been going through the dresser in the corner. Their was one for each student with their names written on it.

Harry glanced back at himself instinctively, “Sometime last year. I think it was around my birthday. I’ve had this one for a long time.” he pointed to his shoulder to the gothic writing. “This was done by a muggle man who owed me a debt and since he couldn’t pay me the money, he owned a tattoo shop and suggested to give me one.” Harry smirked, “So I got it.”

“That’s wicked.” said Justin with a smirk. He was sitting on the bed going over his potions notes.

“Yeah, I didn’t get the dragon to move because I thought it was kind of eerie having a dragon roam on certain parts of your body.”

Zacharias snorted, “Yeah.” He smiled, “Oh I forgot to tell you I overheard Daniel talking to Madam Hooch! He is the captain and that try outs would be in the next coming week.”

“All right!” said Ernie with a big grin.

Harry smiled and slipped on a black long sleeved shirt, and black muggle baggy jeans.

“Where you going?” asked Justin, looking up.

“Can I trust you all to keep a secret?” asked the black headed teen.

“Yeah, but what you doing?” asked Ernie.

Harry smiled, “I’ll tell you when I get back.” He hoped by then they would have forgotten.

Harry pulled a few things out of his trunk and tucked them in, before lacing up the combat boots.

Grabbing his leather jacket, he walked over to the window and unlocked it.

“You’re seriously not going to jump out it are you?” asked Zacharias standing quickly.

Harry laughed, “Of course, I am! What did you think I was going to do? Go downstairs and dodge every bloody teacher in Hogwarts?”

“You are absolutely mad! You can’t jump! IT’s high up!” squeaked Zacharias, looking out the window and down at the black ground that he could hardly see.

Justin wasn’t to worried about it and neither was Ernie, after what they seen in Defense they decided that underestimating Harry’s abilities might not be a good idea.”

“Don’t’ you worry about that. Just promise me Zacharias that you won’t say nothing?”

Zacharias glared at him, “I told you I wouldn’t!” said the boy feeling quite insulted.

“Good! Now, I need this window to stay unlocked, got it?”

The boys nodded, “Good luck Harry with whatever it is your going to do.” said Justin going back to his homework.

Yeah man! Good luck.” Ernie commented as well.

“Do you need help then?”

Harry smiled and clipped a potion phial, “Nope.” Harry jumped up into the window and peered out before coming out of it and standing straight up on the ledge of the sill.

Zacharias watched apprehensive and even Justin and Ernie watched their new roommate.

Harry gulped the dark slimy looking liquid before his whole body went into a relaxed state.

“Feather-light.” Harry murmured this a bit disoriented. He then jumped and Zacharias hissed and looked over the ledge to see nothing. “I hope he didn’t just commit suicide.”

“Yeah right!” snorted Justin. “Have faith Zacharias.” suggested Ernie.

“Hard to when you see your roommate jump 200 feet.” he commented dryly.

Harry was laying flat on the grassy ground just below his tower. His limbs were so light and immobile just about. He waited for the feeling to return. The potion lasted ten minutes. It didn’t take long for him to fall either; with the momentum he had gained from 200 ft. He landed on his back, just like he wanted.

Now it was a matter of hoping that no one came out to see him lying on the ground trying to get the feelings back in his body. He felt as if his limbs had went to sleep on him. But, when your body falls asleep your weight gets heavier. This was reverse affect, it made your limbs a lot lighter. Harry couldn’t feel the ground but he knew it was there. All he could do was s tare up at the starry night sky. IT was after nine o’ clock at night and Parker had told him to meet by the edge of the only cherry tree on the Hogwarts grounds, and that was just inside of the Forbidden Forest. The trick was getting past Hagrid, and his trusty boarhound. With Harry, it wouldn’t be no problem at all.

Once the feeling came back and Harry’s body was in proper working order he stood and did a small stretch before focusing his magical lens’ in around him. Everything heightened to a radioactive green and movements of humans were portrayed as bright red while movements of animals was betrayed by ultraviolet purple.

Harry moved stealthily into the night. He moved into the shadows like a flawless animal. His flexibility was absolutely astounding. Harry could only thank Vander for this. Parker wasn’t the only person to teach him a thing or two.

Harry got to the edge of the forest when bright purple took its place. Harry gazed in closer to see it was Hagrid’s boarhound. It was sniffing around.

Harry cursed himself for not thinking of removing his scent.

“Rocha Ao Cao Femea!” Harry hissed this as he pictured a poodle in his mind and the rock next to his foot morphed into a female poodle.

Harry smirked and then jabbed his wand, this was pure evil but he had to do it. “Femea do hormone!”

The final words hit the poodle, and it triggered exactly what he wanted.

The boarhound started sniffing around and then took off at a run at the morphed in-heat poodle who gave a female bark and started running away. The large wrinkled dog chased after him.

“Have fun ol’ boy.” he commented. “At you’re getting some.”

Harry crept silently into the woods and gazed himself around. He seen a radioactive green figure in the distance. That had to be Parker.

The closer he got the more he could make out Parker’s small gestures and movements. He could tell the Slytherin was wearing a black robe with a hood.

“Parker!” Harry said quietly from behind. Harry knew better than to sneak up on a SLytherin unexpectedly, unless he wanted to face the consequences that came with it.

“Merlin’s balls where have you been?” he hissed, as Harry approached.

He shut off the magical lens colors by closing one eye and reopening it. “I had to wait for the potion to wear off! I also had to send an in-heat female poodle to lure that ugly dog away from me.” Harry pointed his thumb over his shoulder.

Parker gave a harsh laugh, “I knew conjuring and transformations would come in handy.”

Harry smirked, “I’m still waiting for the animagus promise you made me.”

Parker just smirked, “You really want to be a animagus?”

Harry shrugged, “Would help me!”

Parker rolled his eyes, “I’ll think about it and get back to you.”

“What are we doing?” asked Harry, shoving his hands in his leather jacket and pulling out a pack of cigarettes the teen hadn’t had a smoke in almost forty eight hours. That was not a good thing.

“C’mon!” Parker motioned for the teen to follow him through the woods.

C’mon did not answer his question one bit.

They treaded deeper and deeper into the forest. The sound of crunching leaves and snapping twigs was followed by the noise of billywigs and fireflies. The glittering full moon lit the forest just enough for the student and teacher to see ahead of themselves.

“Do you even know, where the hell we are?” voiced Harry quietly.

Parker shot a look at Harry, “Of course I know.” he retorted. “We’re... going forward!” The hooded mentor waved his hand in front of him.

Harry snorted, that was Slytherin terms for, ‘How the hell am I suppose to know?’

“I was told to go east of the cherry tree and stop in a clearing that was like a circle.” commented Parker.

“Hmm... Ok.” muttered Harry, inhaling the smoke he had so missed.

It was ten minutes of more silent ear thumping movements before they moved themselves into the clearing.

Harry stopped in his tracks when he seen a built bon-fire and a half a dozen occupants around it.

The only female in that group came running and jumped eagerly in Harry’s arms, where deep chocolate brown hair fell all around and her skin cool and deathly pale. Her eyes were an icy blue and her face was the same long and oval features as her father Vander.

“Shari!” Harry was not at all startled, when the vamps legs wrapped around his waist.

Her arms locked around his neck and her smile while beautiful could be scary if you didn’t look past her sharp white teeth.

“Harry!” she squealed with delight.

Parker’s eyes widen slightly, at the greeting Harry got from the cute vamp.

Vander waltzed over in all his glory with a vampirish smile.

“Any other guy would have blood running down their necks.” commented the snarky vampire.

“Hey ya Vander! Ya know I love her!” He said grinning as he held Shari who laughed delightfully.

“When you gonna marry me?” Shari teased.

Vander chuckled as well as the other immortal beings gathered around. Parker was wary but wasn’t likely to show his discomfort. How Harry could be relaxed and comfortable around neck sucking beasts, Parker will never ever know.

Harry just smirked with amusement, “Not sure you can handle me babe!” he teased with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

Laughing, Shari just gazed her eyes on him, “Oh really?” her arms tighted around him and her legs tightened around his waist. “Would you like to find out?” she purred to him.

Vander laughed, “Not now Shari! We’re on important business! Hit on him later.”

Shari pouted as she released her legs from Harry’s waist.

His arm looped around her little waist and held her snugly to his side.

“Oh all right!” huffed Shari, who rested her head against Harry’s shoulder.

“Everyone!” directed Vander. “This is Harry’s mentor Parker Zabini. You are forbidden to harm him or anyone Harry brings with him.” ordered Vander.

They all nodded obediently understanding their leader. Vander had been the leader of the vampires for a while now, since the last one was decapitated by a slayer, fifty years ago.

“We’re all here to protect Harry at all costs. Remember, a lot of us owes our existence and lives to Harry if you do not remember.” he stared hard at everyone who nodded firmly.

Shari gave a shudder in Harry’s arms. “Worst day of my life.” she said softly in his ear.

Harry held her more tightly, he remembered quite clearly.

Not all slayers had redeeming qualities. This was not Buffy the Vampire Slayer series where the slayers are perky and professional. No, some are sadistic and repulsive.

They liked doing things to humiliate the captured vampire or vampiress.

Shari was half vampire half mortal. She could be killed by ‘Avada Kadavera’ or a crucifix, but she was deathly allergic to garlic and Holy Water. Her skin was also very sensitive to sun light. She could still go out in the day but she preferred the night time to be with her friends and father.

Harry had somehow stumbled upon a slayer who had Shari all tied up and straddled with hardly a stitch of clothing left. Having removed everything but her bra and panties the young girl was crying with terror. The slayer who had been a sick man in his early thirties was advancing on her, his fingers clawing and curling around the elastic fabric of her bra.

Harry could hardly bare to watch. He had to wait till the sick bastard was distracted with himself, he couldn’t risk getting the girl harmed in the first place.

When the man yanked the last of her clothes he started to undo his pants when Harry acted...

With the spells he knew at the time, he shot two painful curses and a well placed stunner he had just been taught by Parker.

The slayer was down and Harry wasted no time in cutting her free with his knife. Back then he didn’t know the cutting hex yet. He was only twelves years old.

Harry had taken off his sweater and leather jacket and wrapped her up in it when Vander first appeared.

Harry had been very clear when he said, “I’ve never seen this body.” which indicated that Vander could do what he pleased with the stunned slayer and Harry wouldn’t act. Harry hated the abuse of females and women. He always had a weak spot then again it could always be because of the preaching Parker gave to him every single day and the thought of hurting someone like his mother or a little girl was just pure evil. The only exceptions he made was when they were either insane or without an ounce of care or empathy for another.

But, when Harry saved Shari that was the beginning of Harry’s relationships with Vampires. He was forever in Vander’s debt.

Harry helped a few other times as well. Usually when a slayer found a vampires hideout, which was quite rare.

“We have set up location! This is a perfect place for all of us to hide out. No one would even think about finding a vampire or two or even six in the Hogwarts Forbidden Forest, so we’re killing two birds with one stone.” said Vander motioning for the only true mortals to follow them over to a set of black tents all in a row.

“What about the daytime? What if Hagrid or someone comes in here and sees all these tents?” asked Harry, cautiously as he entered the largest tent.

“Aww... that’s where it gets even better! We have these specially made to go INTO the ground, ten minutes before day break.” said Vander proudly.

The room was humongous, much bigger than the outside.

“This is where we all meet at night to discuss our guarding posts.” The chairs were all black and a large round table with bloody snacks in glass plates, they were formed into candies and Harry could tell Parker looked faintly ill at the sight of them.

The room had torches lit all around and their were comfort chairs as well, recliners, and even a few love-seats scattered here and there.

There was art work on the walls and some of it made Parker rather ill. They were shots of vampires sinking their fangs into a screaming woman, but the scream could not be heard. Some of them were quite sexual while doing it as well. Vampires had an odd taste and disgusting. Was all Parker could think of.

“Take a seat and we’ll all get started, I’ll introduce you to everyone you don’t know.” said Vander as Harry took a seat next to the vampire.

Shari scrambled in his lap, facing sideways. Parker sat in front of Harry and arched an eyebrow up, Harry just smirked.

Harry was soon introduced to each vampire, (not really all that important) and got a little history out of them all before Vander pulled out another blue print of Hogwarts and its grounds.

“Dobby and another house elf at the very moment are guarding the entrances in and out of Hogwarts, the passage ways. If Peter Petigrew could give any useful information it would be the secrets in and out of the school, and when Remus told us that Peter knew as much about the school as he did, that really worried us.”

It was always typically told that Werewolves and vampires did not get along. That was not true however. Both being naturally dark and night creatures, the two beasts got a long quite well, under most circumstances.

Shari wouldn’t stop goofing around and making light of the situation. She would wiggle in his lap causing Harry to force himself to shut off all his hormones. She had a habit of doing this every time he seen her. She was always wearing muggle clothes. Then again the mortal part of her was muggle. Harry didn’t know the full details on how this came to be and decided not to ask. At the moment she was wearing a black short skirt and a black thin fabric long sleeved top that pressed against her chest nicely. She had black pantyhose and sandal like high heels to match. It seemed that all vampire females were always gorgeous. He figured it must be the blood inside of them.

“Shari!” reprimanded Vander, glowing at his daughter. “Leave Harry alone so he can concentrate.” he insisted pressing his pale hand against her knee to stop her from moving about.

Harry just smirked at Shari who pouted and rolled her eyes, “Fine fine fine!” she mumbled crossing her arms. She was playing around as she always did. She was the most playful person Harry had ever met.

Even half vampires aged a lot slower and lived a lot longer lives than mortals and wizards do. She was the same age as Harry, even if she was a bit more developed, but all vampires were. Their only flaw was their temper, when it flared it flared, but Shari had always been able to calm her temper, unless you made her mad beyond belief. Harry shuddered to think what a vampire or even half vampire could do to you if they were mad enough.

“I understand Vander! I want to thank you all for doing this and thank you Parker.” said Harry honestly.

“Your welcome Harry! I believe it would be best if you told everyone about Candy.” said Parker, looking at Harry whose face fell, and bowed his head.

“Oh yeah, her.” he murmured. “What about her?” asked Vander.

“Well... she’s currently carrying my baby.”

Mouths dropped open and Vander’s eyes widen, “Oh bloody hell! That’s going to cause a big problem. If Dumbledore or Voldemort found out.” the vampire whistled causing Harry to groan and press his forehead against Shari’s shoulder, who looked at him, “You’re having a baby? That’s so cute!”

“It’s not cute!” murmured Harry.

“This changes things.” said Vander slowly rubbing the hair on his chin.

“I promised that I would be there for the child.” said Harry quietly. “She’s about eleven weeks at the moment.”

“Does anyone know?” asked one of the vampires.

“Parker is it! And now you guys.” voiced Harry.

The vampires looked at one another, “You know..” started Shari, “Since I can go out in the day time, maybe I could meet with her and make sure she stays safe.” she suggested.

“I also have another problem. Dumbledore is reading my mail.” said Harry.

“That’s not surprising.” said Vander.

Parker looked up, “What can we do about this? He can’t write anyone! Especially Candy! IF it gets back to anyone that Candy is pregnant who knows what will happen.”

“I don’t want to know!” said Harry. “The child is going under the name Evans. That’s my mum’s maiden name.”

“That’s a start.” Vander looked at Shari, “Meet with her tomorrow Shari, make sure she has everything she needs.”

Shari nodded, “Will do daddy!” she squealed with a smile. “I love babies!” she said, with a giddy nature.

Parker wondered if she liked them for breakfast or dinner? But decided not to voice this.

Harry seen the look and rolled his eyes, “She’s half and half Parker.” said Harry.

Parker arched an eyebrow, “Oh! I wondered why she wasn’t AS pale but still pale all the same.” commented the Slytherin.

Shari just smiled, “Yeah my skin isn’t as chalky.” she said proudly.

A few scowled at her, and Vander just smirked, “OK, back to the business at hand. Enough about skin.” murmured Vander, “You’re making me hungry.”

Parker’s face fell and Vander chortled seeing Parker’s stressed out face.

Harry just smirked as Parker shot him a nasty glare, “You just wait Harry James.”

Harry just snickered and looked at Vander who winked, before addressing the vampire next to him that had silvery gray hair.

I wanted to ask a tiny favor from all you readers. I have a small one-shot called Angel in Waiting. Would someone read it and tell me how it is? Its only got three reviews, and I thought it was one of my better ones. Its about Sirius and going through the veil.

-Thank you!



Chapter Twelve: Slipping into uncharted territories

The following days for Harry were much the same. It was almost too repetitive for Harry’s liking.

The challenges in Arithmancy proved to be quite interesting.

Hermione was constantly trying to correct him on anything he did, and tried to challenge him and Madam Gibson seemed to really enjoy it.

People in Defense classes were huddled together in their own little house groups and studying over books. Hermione and Ron seemed to be the most obsessive in this department.

Harry just talked to Parker during classes, and earned several scowls from the Gryffindors, for being there in the first place.
Sign up to rate and review this story