Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stockholm Syndrome

Seventeen

by whoah-that 11 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-11-26 - Updated: 2010-11-27 - 1372 words - Complete

5Insightful
“Très bien, mon cher, que son tour brûleur,” Frank said in perfectly flowing French. Despite how pretty it sounded, Paulina had no idea what he was saying. He was looking at her with a mixture of impatience and amusement. “Eh bien, qu'attendez-vous pour?” Paulina searched her mind for a word that she knew was the same in both English and French, but she seemed to be drawing a blank…

“Pardon?” she asked, in what she hoped was a French-sounding accent. A smile played at Frank’s lips, and his eyes sparkled.

“Je l'ai dit, tourner la poêle.” He gestured to the oven. Paulina stared at it for a moment before reaching over tentatively and knocking the switch that turned on the stovetop burner. Frank tapped the fingers of one hand against the palm of the other. “Très bon.”

After about an hour, Paulina began to catch on to what was being said. Luckily, the word “no” was the same in both English and French. Repetition of most of the words he used, along with Frank’s tone of voice allowed Paulina to be able to get the drift of what he was asking of her after a while. She made a few mistakes, and was swiftly punished by Frank’s hand.

Soon after the first hour had ticked by, a knocking sound was heard, followed by the ringing of a doorbell. Both Paulina’s and Frank’s heads snapped up and turned towards the front door. Neither moved, and neither said a word until…

“Ce que le ...” Frank ran a hand through his long, black hair and sighed in a confused manner. “Gerard,” he called out, leaning into the hallway. “Answer the door, please.”

Paulina’s heart raced. Was it the police? Had they found her, somehow? Did she want to found? Paulina nearly smacked herself. Of course she wanted to be found. What kind of question was that…It was hell on earth in that house, and if the top bomb-squad members of the country were about to kick that door down, she’d certainly welcome them with open arms. Eyes wide, she tried to catch a glimpse of who was behind the door as Gerard cracked it open. Frank roughly pushed her out of the doorway to the kitchen.

Paulina heard a gasp, and then Gerard’s voice. “Lin--Lindsey! What….Ah, what are you doing here, darling?” Without thinking, Paulina again tried to see who was at the door. Frank didn’t notice, as his jaw was hanging slack and he was also staring at the front entryway.

“Shit…” he murmured under his breath. He finally noticed Paulina and pulled her away from the sight of the door, pushing her over to the table. “Sit,” he ordered, turning around without watching to make sure she’d sat. Paulina stayed standing.

“Lindsey, honey, don’t come in…we’re not expecting guests, and the house is…ah…” For the first time, Paulina heard Gerard do something he’d never done, at least not in front of her: lose control.

“Don’t even, Gerard!” Paulina heard heels clicking importantly and demandingly against the marble tiles, coming ever closer to the kitchen. “Guess who called me this morning? Hm? Just guess!”

“I don’t--”

“Nancy! Nancy fucking called me, Gerard!” The pace of the clicking heels quickened, and the sound of bare feet patting against the tiles also became apparent.

“No! No, Lindsey, don’t go in there. Lindsey, don’t go in the kitchen! Come on, Linds…”

“Why don’t you want me to go in, Gerard, huh? What’s in there that I won’t like? Hm?” The heels entered the kitchen, as did the woman walking in them. She was tall, and fair-skinned. She had long black hair that was pulled back into a tight ponytail, and she was staring daggers at Frank. That is, until she caught sight of Paulina standing by the table, looking incredibly frightened. “And who is this?” the woman asked icily, as though daring anyone but Gerard to answer.

Gerard entered the room slowly and dejectedly, dragging his bare feet across the marble, head down. Once in the kitchen, he lifted his head and glared around, his angry gaze lingering on the girl he’d called Lindsey. When she turned to face him, he straightened immediately and glanced sharply at her, then Paulina, then back to Lindsey.

“Is this the girl you’re cheating on me with, Gerard?” Lindsey shot a contemptuous look at Paulina before turning back to her boyfriend. Paulina’s jaw hung slack a bit, and she didn’t know what to do. She looked around for Frank who was still standing by the stove. She slowly walked over to him and stood close, more for protection than anything else.

Gerard sighed angrily, frustrated. “I’m not cheating on you, Lindsey. I don’t know why you are so convinced that I’m unfaithful.”

“Then why did Nancy call me last night and tell me about some artist that you’ve apparently been dating for a year?” She crossed her arms over her chest and cocked her hip, a tense silence hanging about in the air.

“I thought you and Nancy were no longer friends?” Gerard fired back.

“She said something seemed odd about the whole situation and she thought she’d let me know.”

Gerard rolled his eyes and sighed, rubbing his temples. “Darling, she was probably just trying to sabotage your relationship. She’s miserable in her relationship with John, and she wants you to be miserable, too. Women are so petty.”

“Then who is this?” Lindsey spat poisonously, jabbing her thumb in Paulina’s direction, where she trembled beside Frank, who noticed and slid his arm around her shoulders securely.

“Frank’s girlfriend, Kelley.” Gerard shrugged, acting as though there was nothing wrong with the picture; and there wasn’t, on the surface.

“Frank doesn’t have a girlfriend,” Lindsey hissed in a mocking, sing-song voice.

“Then who’s that?” Gerard lifted his arm in Paulina’s direction.

“You tell me!”

“I did. It’s Frank’s girlfriend.”

Lindsey whipped around impatiently and marched over to Paulina, who shrunk into Frank’s embrace. “Well,” she said disdainfully, looking down at the tiny girl. “Aren’t you a pretty one?” Paulina said nothing; Frank hadn’t given her permission to speak English, yet. “What did you say your name was?”

Paulina didn’t remember the false name that Gerard had told Lindsey.

“This is Kelley. Kelley, meet Lindsey. This is Gerard’s girlfriend, the one you’ve heard so many good things about,” prompted Frank, who pinched Paulina’s arm. The young girl nodded and attempted a smile.

“She’s Frank’s girlfriend?” Lindsey asked incredulously, turning back to Gerard, who nodded. All in all, he looked like the whole situation had begun to bore him. “Then why is she wearing your shirt?”

Without batting an eyelash, Gerard shrugged. “We all borrow each other’s clothes all the time. Frank probably got that from me a while ago, and Kelley here just pulled it out of his closet this morning. Isn’t that right, Kelley?” Paulina nodded quickly to Lindsey, who still didn’t look convinced. The kitchen was silent for a few tense moments. Until…

“I suppose I was mistaken.” With that, the girl names Lindsey with the black hair and fierce temper walked out of the kitchen and out of the house. The three remaining were still and silent until the heard the sound of a revving engine getting farther and farther away, until all was silent again.

“Crazy bitch,” Gerard murmured before walking out of the kitchen and going back up the stairs.



Alright, so...the chapter before this one was pathetic. It was boring and uneventful and did not further the plot. The minute I uploaded the last chapter, I got this idea and figured, "Well, the least I could do is give them a quick update after that last piece of crap." So, here it is. I, personally, found this to be quite humorous whilst writing it. I chuckled. What do you guys think? Go comment (subscribe, if you haven't). OverAndOutxx
Sign up to rate and review this story